Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Hi Everyone!!

HELP!!! Out of the blue, my Brother PE 770 is acting weird. First, it was pulling bobbin thread up onto the top. So I opened it all up, cleaned it out top to bottom (more than once) changed the bobbin and needle (several tries at just this). Tried a few tension changes as well. Then after I finally changed the needle, it starting leaving the colored thread loose on top???? So finally I just stepped away from the machine - lol!!

Any ideas? Im hoping the fairies will fix it while Im not looking - lol!!

Also wanted to show some cute new tic tac toe games by Heather!! They stitch out so EASY!!! I made one for Lisa for her Big Give!
102_4258.jpg

102_4223.jpg

The pieces store in a pocket in the back!!! So easy to make!!
102_4224.jpg

I am sorry to hear that your machine is acting up. I LOVE the tic tac toe games. I looked in Heather's etsy stor but did not see them. Has she offered them for sale yet or did she do them just for you? You did a great job on them.

I am sorry to hear that your machine is acting up. I LOVE the tic tac toe games. I looked in Heather's etsy stor but did not see them. Has she offered them for sale yet or did she do them just for you? You did a great job on them.

Look under in the hoop projects. They are there! :)

Okay it was not Kirsten this time. I did not know Heather had a site other then her etsy store. Duh!!(insert smilie hitting itself in the head) Thank you I will add the link to my favorites and make a point to check it often.

Sign up for her mailing list -- she sends out monthly coupon codes. I just stitched out three new designs that I ordered the day before yesterday. Her Rapunzel sun was a perfect addition to my dd's Beatle's jeans.

Heathers Designs stitch out GREAT!!! I see they are available in her shop now under the in the hoop section!!! Wait till you see them in person - ADORABLE!!!!

:thumbsup2

That is really cute.

Good job with fussy cutting the Bodices. Works well for fabrics with big prints like that.

Everything is awesome. Love the Cars stuff and the Mulan the best.

Glad you got the machine stitching better now. These look great. If my boys were a little younger we would HAVE to have the P and F one.

And here's the Feliz I also did this week for MVMCP-
IMG_5218.jpg

and the back:
IMG_5219.jpg

FWIW- I know the bottom ruffle is a bit small, but it's DD's request- and I promise the hem isn't actually wonky...
Thanks for looking!

Cute bag, and Great Feliz. Love the Christmas Mickey fabric.

302694_239346462779417_100001121956629_666425_1308479520_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

So cute. And good looking dress too.

Awesome, thanks for the action pics.

I have a new project to share (I am actually quite please with this one)! I have been thinking about upsizing an Insa for myself. I ended up playing with a few ideas in my head and just drawing my ideas on paper. I am not sure how close it is to an Insa now that I am done. One thing I am sure is that they are both 4 panel skirts!

May I present...Purple Ear's rendition of World Showcase Insa!

This is the front:
WorldShowcaseFront.jpg

And the back:
WorldShowcaseBack.jpg

This is so awesome. Love the grey. When I made the Insa Skort I forgot to line up the shorts perfectly with the panels, so the skirt sits just a little bit off center. (I made it for my cousin, who I usually try out new things and patterns on, so she didn't mind) Looks like you remembered that key step, good job.:thumbsup2

Question?????

DD decided that she wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween. I think that if she wears a blue gingham jumper over a white blouse it will look great. I thought that the Simply Sweet would be perfect. But it isn't big enough. How do I up size it? She generally wears a girl's size 12 dress.

got started on the g'babies Halloween costumes this weekend,I got Blaze's Zeus costume made...i eyeballed an adult pattern for Blaze's and it went together fast,maybe 1 1/2 hrs. with math/cutting/sewing!
here's Blazes costume...
301000_10150314669931586_555471585_8268675_1485776056_n.jpg

an!

Great job on the costume.

Sadly my MIL passed away 9/22.:sad1: It was our wedding anniversary. She had been in the hospital but the doctors kept saying she wasn't terminal. She was 92 and missing her DH who passed 12 years ago but we weren't ready. My poor children (12, 10 & 8). They were very close to her.

Sewing is my therapy....work has been so frustrating so it nice to "work" on something where I can see the fruits of my labor. I don't have a lot of time so it feels good to actually finish something. I made this Keyka Lou messenger bag for a coworker/friend. She's going to WDW Saturday.
th_iphonepics029.jpg

th_iphonepics030.jpg

th_iphonepics031.jpg

:hug: So sorry about your MIL. Sewing is a great way to channel all those emotions and you did a great job on the dress and bag.

Question: For Wendy and others who had trouble with "loopy" stitches on their embroidery machine. Did you adjust the tension of the machine or of the bobbin case?

Thanks!

I have never touched the tension on my machine. I would be just to scared. When I get the loopy stitches it is usually bobbin thread stuck somewhere.

Question?????

DD decided that she wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween. I think that if she wears a blue gingham jumper over a white blouse it will look great. I thought that the Simply Sweet would be perfect. But it isn't big enough. How do I up size it? She generally wears a girl's size 12 dress.

I have this bookmarked and just looked at it the other day to upsize a bowling shirt.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=27419308&postcount=1755

Okay.. I think maybe everything is good until you hit that lightning bolt. I have never done this before??? Even when full on digitizing.

1. I open up my purchased design in PES format since I have the brother pe770.
2. I choose a hoop size. Any of the brother vertical hoops that are 5.118x7.087.
3. I put the little box around my design and drag it up to my hoop and put it where I want it in the hoop.
4. I click on the lettering box on the left hand side and choose what true type font I want and type out the name I want embroidered. I hit enter and then go down and adjust where I want it and what size I want it by clicking on the box around the name.
5. Try skipping your step 5. Instead, select the font and then click on the next color (on the left). This keeps your stitches "in order" Doesn't matter what color, just the next one.
6. I then save it and export it as a PES format design and change the name.
7. I put this saved design on my USB port, stick it into my machine, and nothing is there!!!! - I haven't done this...but I reopened it in my SEU and it was all there.
Hope this works!!

Sorry I haven't responded. Didn't get around to trying it until yesterday and so far in my 4x4 hoop it has worked!!!! I can't believe that one little thing made the difference because I never did that before. Now, I am just hoping it works in my 5x7 (I'm not sure why it wouldn't but that is the one I couldn't get to work all weekend). I really, really appreciate you giving me some help! I still had to hit the lightning bolt though so it would generate the stitches. Otherwise, my lettering just looks like an outline after hitting enter. You don't have that problem?

Thanks Andrea, that was very helpful. I used the percentages and then drafted something by hand. Hopefully it will turn out ok. I might have some time to start on it tonight.

I hope you have good luck. I upsized the Simply Sweet to a 10 and my DD reminded me the whole day she wore the dress that it was tight.:lmao:

Sadly my MIL passed away 9/22.:sad1: It was our wedding anniversary. She had been in the hospital but the doctors kept saying she wasn't terminal. She was 92 and missing her DH who passed 12 years ago but we weren't ready. My poor children (12, 10 & 8). They were very close to her.

Sewing is my therapy....The outside pocket is just big enough for a water bottle:
iphonepics033.jpg

Sorry to hear about MIL, it's hard when your all so close.

I LOVE that bag! I think I might need one.

Question: For Wendy and others who had trouble with "loopy" stitches on their embroidery machine. Did you adjust the tension of the machine or of the bobbin case?

Thanks!

I have the 780D, and there isn't a way to adjust the bobbin tension. There is a screw in the bobbin case you can adjust and I was told at the sewing shop to never touch it. Let a pro do it. Then I discovered my issue was the bobbin case.

Sorry I haven't responded. Didn't get around to trying it until yesterday and so far in my 4x4 hoop it has worked!!!! I can't believe that one little thing made the difference because I never did that before. Now, I am just hoping it works in my 5x7 (I'm not sure why it wouldn't but that is the one I couldn't get to work all weekend). I really, really appreciate you giving me some help! I still had to hit the lightning bolt though so it would generate the stitches. Otherwise, my lettering just looks like an outline after hitting enter. You don't have that problem?
I hope it continues to work!!

Nope, I've never hit that generate stitches lightning bolt. Even when doing text (or another type of shape) in a new file I haven't hit that and don't have problems. I'm not sure which version I'm running though...maybe that's it? SEU can be a pain sometimes!! But it's free and I've got it pretty well figured out.

And since I am not graceful enough to enter and exit the Test Track vechicle without the risk of exposing my undergarments, I added a pair of Easy Fit in place of the underskirt in the Insa.

WorldShowcaseSkort.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Love to see when people make things for themselves!!! Love all the flags, this came out great! How did you put the Easy Fit and Insa together? I have both of these patterns and need to make my DD some skorts for her school uniform. Thank you so much!

Erika

Thanks Andrea, that was very helpful. I used the percentages and then drafted something by hand. Hopefully it will turn out ok. I might have some time to start on it tonight.
That's what I do -- I just measure a couple of lines and up them and then draft it by hand.

I hope you have good luck. I upsized the Simply Sweet to a 10 and my DD reminded me the whole day she wore the dress that it was tight.:lmao:
I made a SS for a BG and the upsize numbers seemed to small so I upped it a wee bit more and while it fit the child, it was too big on her. She didn't mind and still loved the dress. I just wanted to err large for a BG. I just upsized the bowling shirt to exactly Carla's recommendations for my ds, but truth be told he still fits in a 7/8 OK so doubt he'll complain if I didn't up it enough.

My daughter is very sensitive to seams, etc. so I added extra to the width. I think it should work. I cut one out of newspaper and held it up to her to see if it looked like it would fit. I hope that it will. I'll find out soon. I have the material cut now and hopefully I will get some sewing done tonight while they are at Hebrew school.

That's what I do -- I just measure a couple of lines and up them and then draft it by hand.

I made a SS for a BG and the upsize numbers seemed to small so I upped it a wee bit more and while it fit the child, it was too big on her. She didn't mind and still loved the dress. I just wanted to err large for a BG. I just upsized the bowling shirt to exactly Carla's recommendations for my ds, but truth be told he still fits in a 7/8 OK so doubt he'll complain if I didn't up it enough.

I'd rather have the costume be too big rather than too small. I hope your bowling shirt works for your DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter