Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I made it! your grandson is sooo cute!

I have to post this for Marianne....since she helped me get the Vader fabric.

Father and Son matching PJs

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

DN10 bday present.....the fabric is hand dyed bamboo velour....I made her a pillowcase the same color last Christmas, and she re did her room to match it so I made her a throw pillow and lounge pants.

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg
These are both great, but I love the Vader pattern. Great find!

I was going to come do my part to move us along to the next Part, but I'm too late.

While you all have been sewing amazing things, having amazing grandchildren, and planning amazing trips, I've been plugging along. I'm doing my best not to spend much time on dis, but I've skimmed a few times.

My first costume did not go well. The pattern said easy, but I beg to disagree. I've set it aside and am going to work on the paper mache dragon puppet today.

In the meantime, here's the plunger I bedazzled -- it's going to be a goblet.

So the original plunger, the bedazzled, and after it's been "unmasked."

plunger005.jpg

:sad1: You can see that I've taken down my Disney walls in my sewing quadrant.

Please send good sewing karma my way. Since the costumes are for my son I want them to be perfect.

:upsidedow
I'm thinking the plunger as a goblet had to be your son's idea. My husband calls the toilet a throne, so it kind fits along that whole "royal room" theme. I must say it is the most unique plunger I have ever seen. Hope the sewing portion gets better for you.

I have some pics of my little cousins wearing the stuff that I just sent to them. They were both very happy Amber said she planned on wearing the dress ALL winter with a long sleeve shirt underneath, and Riley would not take his outfit off to go to bed.

297940_10150823692280112_901285111_20813275_719280994_n.jpg

297860_10150823692085112_901285111_20813274_1710854660_n.jpg
So cute! You can tell they love them!

Here is a pic of the Olivia in the largest size on a 9 year old.

312683_10150398305130329_743780328_10577175_1678249526_a.jpg

And here are pics of the smallest size on a very tiny 2 yr old.

16369_342757020633_522475633_9994399_4731592_n.jpg

16369_342757025633_522475633_9994400_2573501_n.jpg

16369_342757040633_522475633_9994402_4052180_n.jpg
Love this. I can picture the Olivia as a swim suit cover up. I might have to try it.
just beautiful! prayers for you all...we had a new baby boy born to the family last night,also a jonathon...he's the 3rd jon so i think they are going to call him tre! love your picture!
Congrats on another baby Jon! :love:
WOW! Those are all so adorable! I love the Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty ones! May I CASE your Peter Pan shirt?? Love, love, love, it!

Those are SO cute! I want that pattern!

Love those Vader pjs! I have a bunch of that fabric and the other SW one that I've been using for a while now.

Ok, here are a couple pics of stuff for our trip.

The Animal Kingdom collection:
IMG_1240.jpg

A close up of the outfit for dd. Butt ruffles!
IMG_1241.jpg

The Peter Pan collection (to match my skirt):
I actually didn't end up liking the tan shirt for the boys so they have, plain green polos instead. We'll be wearing these on Saturday, Oct. 1st at Magic Kingdom for the 40th Anniversary celebration and our ADR at Chef Mickey's.
IMG_1186.jpg

Close up of dress front on DD. This is the Precious Dress pattern:
IMG_1156.jpg

Back of Dress:
IMG_1126.jpg

That's all I've got pictures of so far. More to come later this week.
Regards,
C.
Wow! Gorgeous job! I love them all!

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

I actually didn't end up liking the tan shirt for the boys so they have, plain green polos instead. We'll be wearing these on Saturday, Oct. 1st at Magic Kingdom for the 40th Anniversary celebration and our ADR at Chef Mickey's.
IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Back of Dress:
IMG_1126.jpg

Regards,
C.
Awwww, they all look so cute! I love the precious dress on your baby!

I have some stuff to post too. Since we talked about making skirts from a jellyroll last week it has been on my mind. Today I went into Joanns and I found a jellyroll on clearance. I whipped up the skirt this afternoon but I can't figure out what character to put on a t-shirt to go with it. I'd love some suggestions for what would match with these colors:
P9210317.jpg

Then I also made this. It was my first attempt at the smocking:
P9210319.jpg

P9210322.jpg

Here are some t-shirts I made for my nephew's birthday:
P9210326.jpg

And a birthday gift that I made for my daughter to take to a friend's party this weekend:
P9210323.jpg

P9210324.jpg

This is the back:
P9210325.jpg

Ivey-family, great outfits, and I looooove the Peter pan precious dress. :lovestruc

Ann, that is exactly what the little one in the photos uses it for most of the time. Would be great in terry cloth.

I made it! your grandson is sooo cute!

I have to post this for Marianne....since she helped me get the Vader fabric.

th_IMG_4003.jpg

th_IMG_4004.jpg

DN10 bday present.....the fabric is hand dyed bamboo velour....I made her a pillowcase the same color last Christmas, and she re did her room to match it so I made her a throw pillow and lounge pants.

th_IMG_4002.jpg

th_IMG_4001.jpg

I really like the Darth Vadar fabric. Where did Marianne get it for you? My DGD loves Vadar...she would probably flip over that.

The bamboo velour is cool....I don't think I have ever seen that before but it looks really comfy!!

Ours new DGS will be Tyler James.

Ahhh...what a cute name. Can't wait to see pictures!

I'm the one who asked -- I was hoping he was just on an IA and not a tour. I think your dd should definitely go join him if possible.

I thought it might have been you but didn't have a chance to go back and look. Pretty sure DD will go as soon as the baby is big enough to travel that far because she may have to go alone with him. She and the baby also have to have certain immunizations before going so the Dr. advised 6 months or older if she can wait that long. They haven't put in for base housing yet so that process will start soon after he gets back. I am having a hard time thinking of her leaving for that long but I KNOW it is the right thing for her to join him...they need to be together and he needs to watch his son grow other than in pictures :).

th_IMG_1240.jpg

th_IMG_1241.jpg

th_IMG_1186.jpg

th_IMG_1156.jpg

Back of Dress:
th_IMG_1126.jpg

Regards,
C.

Oh...I am in love with all of it. The AK outfits are precious, especially that little ruffle butt cover. How cute is that. And the Peter Pan outfits are darling too....the fabric is great on them. Can't wait to see family pictures!!

I have some stuff to post too. Since we talked about making skirts from a jellyroll last week it has been on my mind. Today I went into Joanns and I found a jellyroll on clearance. I whipped up the skirt this afternoon but I can't figure out what character to put on a t-shirt to go with it. I'd love some suggestions for what would match with these colors:
th_P9210317.jpg

th_P9210319.jpg

th_P9210322.jpg

th_P9210326.jpg

And a birthday gift that I made for my daughter to take to a friend's party this weekend:
th_P9210323.jpg

th_P9210324.jpg

This is the back:
th_P9210325.jpg

Every thing is adorable. I am thinking maybe Pooh or Cinderella's carriage using the blue in the fabric and then just do the accents to the carriage in the same yellow that is in the fabric???

P9210317.jpg

P9210319.jpg

P9210322.jpg

P9210326.jpg

P9210323.jpg

P9210324.jpg

This is the back:
P9210325.jpg
You have been super busy and everything looks great. I am loving the sparkly fabric! Is it difficult to work with in the machine?
As for the jelly roll skirt, the colors remind me of baby Simba and Nala. But it could be pooh, too. It came out wonderful!

I am finally back online!!! :cool1::cool1:

Disboutique Runway!!!

I have not posted the final thread for voting yet. I responded to everyone that I have gotten entries from. I am going to wait until late this evening to make sure that I have everyone's entry. So if I have not responded to you-please resend it! Thanks for everyone's partipation and patience with my internet situation. I didnt realize that it was going to be such a hassle. Thank you!!

I love the pj's and I love the velour items!!!! So is sewing on velour the same as sewing on knit? You and Tricia are my advisors when it comes tho knit! I like the lettuce hem on the velour as well -- my dd would love those pants. I am going to have show her those -- I think she will be very impressed and think they are way cool :cool2:

I'm sorry your sewing didn't go so well, but I would like to acknowledge the superb plunger modifications :worship::worship::worship:

That dress looks even cuter on! I love it!

I'm the one who asked -- I was hoping he was just on an IA and not a tour. I think your dd should definitely go join him if possible.

sewing with velour is pretty much the same as sewing with any other knit, it has a little slip, though its not as bad as minky.

WOW! Those are all so adorable! I love the Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty ones! May I CASE your Peter Pan shirt?? Love, love, love, it!

Those are SO cute! I want that pattern!

Love those Vader pjs! I have a bunch of that fabric and the other SW one that I've been using for a while now.

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Back of Dress:
IMG_1126.jpg

Regards,
C.

love the butt ruffles!

I really like the Darth Vadar fabric. Where did Marianne get it for you? My DGD loves Vadar...she would probably flip over that.

The bamboo velour is cool....I don't think I have ever seen that before but it looks really comfy!!

Ahhh...what a cute name. Can't wait to see pictures!

I thought it might have been you but didn't have a chance to go back and look. Pretty sure DD will go as soon as the baby is big enough to travel that far because she may have to go alone with him. She and the baby also have to have certain immunizations before going so the Dr. advised 6 months or older if she can wait that long. They haven't put in for base housing yet so that process will start soon after he gets back. I am having a hard time thinking of her leaving for that long but I KNOW it is the right thing for her to join him...they need to be together and he needs to watch his son grow other than in pictures :).

Oh...I am in love with all of it. The AK outfits are precious, especially that little ruffle butt cover. How cute is that. And the Peter Pan outfits are darling too....the fabric is great on them. Can't wait to see family pictures!!

Every thing is adorable. I am thinking maybe Pooh or Cinderella's carriage using the blue in the fabric and then just do the accents to the carriage in the same yellow that is in the fabric???

I'm not sure where she bought it? She said they had a lot of it....I've had it maybe 2 mos. The pattern on the pants is from dying the fabric before it was cut, I'm thinking it is comfy enough I may make myself a pair, just can't decide if I should dye mine or leave them as is (undyed bamboo velour is cream). DD had a crib sheet that was made of it....and when it got too hot to put it on her bed she would dig it out of the closet and snuggle it. :love:

Disboutique Runway!!!

I have not posted the final thread for voting yet. I responded to everyone that I have gotten entries from. I am going to wait until late this evening to make sure that I have everyone's entry. So if I have not responded to you-please resend it! Thanks for everyone's partipation and patience with my internet situation. I didnt realize that it was going to be such a hassle. Thank you!!

Thanks for all your work on PR, everyone has enjoyed it. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see what everyone did for the Project Runway!

Here is my T-shirt. I actually made it into a T-shirt as I got a great deal on the long sleeve shirt-$3 for an organic cotton. I wanted to add a wide zig zag stitch near the bottom if the hat in green, but I should have done that before doing the line above as I made the space too wide and I think 2 rows of stitching might look funny-what do you think?

IMG_3209.jpg

This was the last thing I needed to do before we leave. Now if I have any time for sewing, I can work on my oldest niece's Halloween dress.

You have been super busy and everything looks great. I am loving the sparkly fabric! Is it difficult to work with in the machine?
As for the jelly roll skirt, the colors remind me of baby Simba and Nala. But it could be pooh, too. It came out wonderful!
Simba and Nala are good ideas but I don't have those designs yet. I do have a very cute Pooh design.

Using the sparkly fabric on the embroidery machine isn't hard at all. I like that particular fabric with the sequins on it because it doesn't unravel. Last spring I did a Wizard of Oz themed outfit and the silver fabric I used for the Tin Man was a nightmare! Everytime I touched it, it frayed!

It must be hard to know your daughter and new grandbaby are going to move so far away! I am sure you will miss them terribly when they go.

Cinderella's carriage is a good idea too. My niece is in that stage where she loves princesses.

Hi,
I joined last week after lurking for a few weeks (my daughter is already part of your group). Not sure if I'm doing this right or not. Still trying to figure out everything. When I do I'll post some pictures.
Congratulations!!! The baby is adorable..love the picture of him in Daddy's pocket.
Really like all the cute outfits.
Sheila

These all turned out great! Like all the others...love the Cinderella pants. I'm sure this could be done with the easy fits. Is that what you used?

Yep they are easy fits, but with some alterations, small hem is on the biggest ones. I also adjusted them so they would fit my daughter more like a fitted pant, I went as small as I could and still be able to get them on her. I think they look pretty neat.

I lost my multi quote, but for the person who asked if they can case my peterpan idea. ENJOY!!! :thumbsup2 It was a total pain, but worth it in the end.

th_IMG_4003.jpg

th_IMG_4004.jpg

th_IMG_4002.jpg

th_IMG_4001.jpg
The Star Wars PJs are great. I've never heard of bamboo velour, it looks super comfy. How neat that she changed her room to match the pillowcase you made. I love the the throw pillow you made too.

I was going to come do my part to move us along to the next Part, but I'm too late.

While you all have been sewing amazing things, having amazing grandchildren, and planning amazing trips, I've been plugging along. I'm doing my best not to spend much time on dis, but I've skimmed a few times.

My first costume did not go well. The pattern said easy, but I beg to disagree. I've set it aside and am going to work on the paper mache dragon puppet today.

In the meantime, here's the plunger I bedazzled -- it's going to be a goblet.

So the original plunger, the bedazzled, and after it's been "unmasked."

th_plunger005.jpg

:sad1: You can see that I've taken down my Disney walls in my sewing quadrant.

Please send good sewing karma my way. Since the costumes are for my son I want them to be perfect.

:upsidedow
Sorry you had to take down your wall decor down. Guess things are moving along with the movie production. Don't be offended but if anyone else posted that picture I'm not sure of the reaction I would have but coming from the home of Ginger I've come to expect the unexpected. I'll send you some good sewing vibes for those costumes.

Wow!! Second page!! Not bad for me!!

I just wanted to check in this morning and say THEY ARE DIGGING A HOLE and my new house is finally underway!! :banana::banana::banana: I drove by after dropping the boys at school and I seriously almost got out of my mini and ran up to the earth mover and kissed the guy digging, but I controlled the impulse.
Yeah, that is so exciting. Glad you controlled your kissing impulse

Ok so yesterday was meet the teacher at my DDs school and we received the state testing right smack dab in the middle of my trip so today I had to rework our days and get us a hotel for the highest point total. but I was able to get us a Savanna view at kidani.

I could of had a theme park view at BLT but there was no way I was going to pay those points. Going to try again for Boardwalk next August.
That stinks that you had to change your plans but I'm glad you are still going. Savanna view sounds awesome.

Are things going better with your DD? My almost 10 year old daughter is driving me crazy. Getting her to do her homework is like pulling teeth:eek:

I also have a funny story to share (and proof that I spend way too much time on the Disbou thread): The other night I was having this extremely vivid dream about buying an embroidery machine. The salesperson was just about to give me this amazing deal (something like 50% off of MSRP) when DD2woke me up. I was so aggravated that it was only a dream. :headache:
I hope your dreams come true....

th_IMG_1240.jpg

th_IMG_1241.jpg

th_IMG_1186.jpg

th_IMG_1156.jpg

Back of Dress:
th_IMG_1126.jpg

Regards,
C.
LOVE those AK outfits. The fabrics you picked are awesome and those butt ruffles are adorable. The Peter Pan collection came out wonderful. So cool that you will all coordinate. I think the pirate shirts look cute with the shorts you made. Your DD is so cute, love the "back" picture.

th_P9210317.jpg

th_P9210319.jpg

th_P9210322.jpg

th_P9210326.jpg

th_P9210323.jpg

th_P9210324.jpg

This is the back:
th_P9210325.jpg
That skirt came out so pretty, when I saw it I thought of Pooh and his friends but I think you could almost do any character and use a similar color for an accent or background. The beach dress is really nice and the birthday gifts are fabulous.

Disboutique Runway!!!

Glad you are back on-line. Thanks for working so hard to get everything together for the PR stuff. It has been fun seeing what everyone makes and although I only had one entry I was challenged to make a few things for our upcoming trip. I never got them finished in time or met all of the criteria but having the different themes forced me to get a sewing!!

I can't wait to see what everyone did for the Project Runway!

Here is my T-shirt. I actually made it into a T-shirt as I got a great deal on the long sleeve shirt-$3 for an organic cotton. I wanted to add a wide zig zag stitch near the bottom if the hat in green, but I should have done that before doing the line above as I made the space too wide and I think 2 rows of stitching might look funny-what do you think?

th_IMG_3209.jpg

This was the last thing I needed to do before we leave. Now if I have any time for sewing, I can work on my oldest niece's Halloween dress.
I think it looks great. A second row might be hard to line up.

Hi,
I joined last week after lurking for a few weeks (my daughter is already part of your group). Not sure if I'm doing this right or not. Still trying to figure out everything. When I do I'll post some pictures.
Congratulations!!! The baby is adorable..love the picture of him in Daddy's pocket.
Sheila
WELCOME! Glad you were able to follow over from the old thread.

th_P9210317.jpg

I love all the stuff you posted, but especially the jellyroll skirt! Such great colors!

I forgot to post a family photo so ya'll will recognize us if you see us:
IMG_0176.jpg

And, Enabler Alert - I picked up nice short sleeve, 100% cotton St. John's Bay ladies t's at JCPenney today for $2.50 and Arizona polos in the Junior section for $6.99.

Regards,
C.

P9210317.jpg

P9210319.jpg

P9210322.jpg

P9210326.jpg

P9210323.jpg

P9210324.jpg

This is the back:
P9210325.jpg
Love it all but especially the jely roll skirt! i thnk it would be pretty paired with a appliqued tee with the girls initials or monogram {1st LAST middle} in your 3 fave fabrice from the skirt or 3 colors to match ...or if it's be be handed down/resell you could do a bare tree with leaves on it and some falling leaves...

Hi! Still new-ish to the board, but I'm following along and learning so much from you all! So thank you!!!!:thumbsup2

I love everything!! It's way TMTQ! Been lurking lately, but working on a ton that I'll post soon!! I did enter one of the PR-the resort inspired one, but somehow I've lost my post! Grrr!!!

Can't wait to see what ya'll have done for week six!

I finished another set tonight. :thumbsup2 These will be for Hollywood Studios.

The Mickey and Friends Star Wars collection
I mentioned before that I dress up as Leia quite frequently. DH also has costumes, including stormtrooper armor,
so I was very excited to make Trooper Donald for him!
(oh, and btw, I have armor, too. This is us a few years ago. Yes, that's also a Star Wars guy named George. ;))

IMG_1244.jpg

Leia Minnie for me - her dress is fabric left from my costume. :goodvibes

IMG_1246.jpg

Heather Sue digitized R3-MK for me. He's SO cute!
IMG_1248.jpg

And dd in her onesie dress. This was so easy and fun to make. I plan to do more for her after our trip!
IMG_1228.jpg

Regards,
C.

th_IMG_1240.jpg

th_IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

th_IMG_1156.jpg

Back of Dress:
th_IMG_1126.jpg

Regards,
C.

Love them all. Great job

th_P9210317.jpg

th_P9210326.jpg

th_P9210323.jpg

th_P9210324.jpg

This is the back:
th_P9210325.jpg

Love the jellyroll skirt and the presents fabulous job.

Hi,
Sheila

WELCOME

Hi! Still new-ish to the board, but I'm following along and learning so much from you all! So thank you!!!!:thumbsup2

I love everything!! It's way TMTQ! Been lurking lately, but working on a ton that I'll post soon!! I did enter one of the PR-the resort inspired one, but somehow I've lost my post! Grrr!!!

Can't wait to see what ya'll have done for week six!

WELCOME

BabyNala - thanks for asking about the girl, it is getting better. she had a major attitude adjustment this week LOL

I finished another set tonight. :thumbsup2 These will be for Hollywood Studios.

The Mickey and Friends Star Wars collection
I mentioned before that I dress up as Leia quite frequently. DH also has costumes, including stormtrooper armor,
so I was very excited to make Trooper Donald for him!
(oh, and btw, I have armor, too. This is us a few years ago. Yes, that's also a Star Wars guy named George. ;))

IMG_1244.jpg

Leia Minnie for me - her dress is fabric left from my costume. :goodvibes

IMG_1246.jpg

Heather Sue digitized R3-MK for me. He's SO cute!
IMG_1248.jpg

And dd in her onesie dress. This was so easy and fun to make. I plan to do more for her after our trip!
IMG_1228.jpg

Regards,
C.
Okay I totally love your Starwars outfits. So great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter