Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

K, got a couple more things done on the weekend.

First an upcycle for a co-workers daughter. And it's Disney related, something I very rarely have. It's a Marie cutie.

IMG_7947 by tricialee22, on Flickr

and then a Bench cushion and Pillows I did for my Aunt.

IMG_7950 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_7951 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_7952 by tricialee22, on Flickr
Adorable upcycle and my dd highly approves :)

And I love the seasonal pillows! I wish I had time to make covers for some of mine.

I have decided that it would really help speed things along if I have a second 5x7 hoop and since I'm having another little girl in January, maybe a 4x4. I also have the PE 770. Where did you guys find good, compatible hoops for this machine. Thanks!
I think most people get them from :wizard: -- I inquired when I first got my machine because I hated wasted stabilizer doing smaller designs with my 5x7 but the set of hoops was about $100 and wasting stabilizer is currently less expensive. A 4x4 would be nice for some things though. I don't embroider enough that I need two 5x7's.

DD7 has decided she wants to be Alice for Halloween. (We got to meet Alice in Disney :) and I think that has impacted her choice!)

So, I was thinking about the costume. I am thinking the Precious Dress for the main dress. Does this sound right? Does any have any thoughts on the apron to go over the dress?

Super excited to do this one!

298925_2199309415034_1016230040_32524225_855792327_n.jpg
I would look in the photobucket account for ideas. As far as aprons there are hundreds of free on line tuts for them -- I'd do a google search.

I wanted today to be my sewing day and instead I went grocery shopping, cleaned and got called to school to pick up dd and now I have to take her to the doctor tomorrow as well. Grrrr! Nothing serious -- just itching though she also says she has a headache and her stomach hurts (but her stomach hurts 90% of the time so I consider that normal!).

Love everything posted.

Think I am going to do an Agent P shirt this afternoon. Also in talks for making a birthday present for my cousins son and it will be a paying gig so that is good right?

Paying is almost always GOOD!

DD7 has decided she wants to be Alice for Halloween. (We got to meet Alice in Disney :) and I think that has impacted her choice!)

So, I was thinking about the costume. I am thinking the Precious Dress for the main dress. Does this sound right? Does any have any thoughts on the apron to go over the dress?

I think the Precious dress is perfect for an Alice dress...I know someone one here made an Alice Dress...maybe it was Tom...can't remember now. It should be easy to add a pinafore top to an apron...doesn't the Precious come with an apron? When I used it for Minnie I made my own pattern as I went, but I think it has one...

We are leaving early Friday morning (3am to be exact!). Hubby is a police officer. He got notice this morning that he has a court date on the 26th...we will be at Chef Mickey's. Since we are on vacation, he is allowed to have the court date changed. The person involved is upset that it is being changed because he gets to go on vacation.

Hubby doesn't get to choose the court date...it is chosen by the court clerk. He should get to take a vacation with his family too...

So, if you ever hear about a police officer having the court dates changed for a trial...please be understanding. Usually they don't get notified until 48 hours before the court date. They have a life too!

Off my soapbox now!

Nini

Warning: lots of pictures (and they are not the greatest shots)

My daughter's skirt for Hoop Dee Do review. I wanted to make her a Jessie shirt but she said no. :sad1: A few days later I asked her if she wanted a Bullseye shirt and she looked at me like I was crazy. She thought I meant a shirt with the Target logo. I guess I'm the only one who has Disney on their mind 24/7. Any other ideas for a cute shirt to go with this skirt?
IMG_3450.jpg

This is my first Insa. My DD will wear it to Epcot where we have a late breakfast with the princesses and then I'm hoping we get to meet Marie (one of her favorites). I knew she wouldn't want to wear the Belle shirt all day and I know this fabric doesn't scream "France" but my little picky one is not big on pink. I bought this fabric with no plans so I wanted to use it up. I'm hoping to make a non-Disney t-shirt and some PJ shorts so my DD can get lots of use out of this set.
Belle version:
IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

Marie version:
IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

Just the skirt / front:
IMG_3438.jpg

Back of the skirt
IMG_3440.jpg

Thanks for all the inspiration. I enjoyed making the Insa skirt and never would have attempted it with out all the cheerleaders on this site. I also cut a little hole in the Marie shirt that I still need to fix but that might not happen until the car ride to WDW.

Oooh! What great outfits!!! I :lovestruc Marie . . . and I love hearing that the Insa is simple and straightforward, since I think it's the skirt I'm going to make for Finn's friend for her birthday present (birthday was in August . . . :rolleyes1 )

Can I just tell you how jealous I am? I so need a girl :rolleyes1

At least i get to make a merman costume this year, right? :confused3

We are leaving early Friday morning (3am to be exact!). Hubby is a police officer. He got notice this morning that he has a court date on the 26th...we will be at Chef Mickey's. Since we are on vacation, he is allowed to have the court date changed. The person involved is upset that it is being changed because he gets to go on vacation.

Hubby doesn't get to choose the court date...it is chosen by the court clerk. He should get to take a vacation with his family too...

So, if you ever hear about a police officer having the court dates changed for a trial...please be understanding. Usually they don't get notified until 48 hours before the court date. They have a life too!

Off my soapbox now!

Nini

My heart just dropped when I first started reading your post - I thought you were going to say your DH couldn't go b/c of the court date. I am SO glad that they have a rule like that so his vacation is protected! Have a super-magical trip!!!!

Okay need a suggestion. Saturday night we had reservations at a non themed restaurant. My dd was just going to wear a minnie simply sweet. Now we are doing 1900 Park Fare. I really don't thing I have time to make another dress, but it is bugging me. I just changed the reservation today. What would you do? Also what do you all think of this restaurant. We have never been there.

We are leaving about 18 hours after you. Maybe we will magically run into each other. :) It would be cool to meet someone from here.

KOOL! I'd love to meet up. I'll have to post the shrits we will be wearing so you can tell us from all the other Disney crazies out there! LOL!

Nini

My niece and I will be at WDW shorly after you both.

Has anyone received a PM from today for the Boutique Runway? Just want to make sure my photos made it.

Congrats on another girl! We too are having a girl...and I've had people ask me if we are going to have a third since we already have two girls. We have no plans for a third, I mean we haven't even had the second yet!!!

It's crazy the things people say! Our girls will be very close in age.

On another note, is there a way to multiple quote from an iPad?

We're home and finally settled. I have missed so much! It is going to take me forever to get all caught up. Everything I've seen so far is just precious.

We had a great time but boy did it go fast and we missed out on a lot due to time constraints. But that just means that I'll have to plan another trip in a couple of years. Our BibbidiBobbityBoutique appointment was an HOUR! behind so we lost so much time in MK which made me super sad. :(

Hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats on another girl! We too are having a girl...and I've had people ask me if we are going to have a third since we already have two girls. We have no plans for a third, I mean we haven't even had the second yet!!!

I have had a lot of people ask if we were disappointed when we had a second girl... um, no... we love having two girls. We would have loved having whatever we were blessed with. :)

How funny...although, I was noticing how strange you people in the north are...we call those things marshmallows you call them hot dogs... (just please....tell me you don't put mustard on those 'hot dogs'!

Looks like you had a lot of fun, but I have to tell you...freezing my self to death on purpose is one of the many reasons I don't do camping!

Nini

Sounds like a fun weekend aside form the cold weather. And those are marshmallows, not hot dogs. And that looks like a yummy strawberry one!
Sounds like an awesome silly weekend. And I'm with Nini, hope you don't put mustard on those hot dogs.

I should probably just act like I made a typo instead of explaining the truth. A typo would make my family seem a little less odd I think! But, I'll go ahead and explain anyways!!

You see, Heather was roasting the hot dog when my cousin thought of the "wasting tine" joke. By the time we stopped laughing at our own stupidity to decide that we really needed a picture (to use as our family's Facebook page avatar) Heather and everyone else, was done roasting hot dogs. But, Corey was roasting a very yummy (you were right Andrea) strawberry marshmallow. Actually, he had one on each tine, but we made him take one off so we could take our "wasting tine" picture.

So, yah, I probably should have went with the typo thing!! :rotfl:

Sounds like everyone had a fun time. Love the bathroom mirror picture and the fact that the girls still had their bike helmets on.

Heather and I always make our kids wear helmets. Tessa and Lydia (the ones with helmets on in the picture) were actually playing on the playground when we called them to have their picture taken. They just get so use to wearing the helmets while camping, they just leave them on!

They had a program at the campground, where if they caught you wearing a helmet (the kids anyway) they gave them a free coupon for McDonald's. Lydia got two of them! She was so excited!

My son has several issues having to do with his accident, and some that predate the accident involving his bio mom. One very strong one is darkness. He will not ride in a car at night unless he has a small flashlight... His shoes are special orthodic shoes that if not put back on properly can really hurt his feet. He has no idea why they take off his shoes and socks and belt...we told him it is so he can't run away..he has no need to know it is in the event he attempts suicide...but the simple thought that they feel it necessary to do that lets me know they must realize it is NOT a good thing to do to a special needs child that is highly medicated! (and both of his meds list suicide as a side effect!)

Sorry to go off on another rant!

Glad that your class was the best behaved class around! I promise...no more negativity! I am about to go to the Happiest Lace on Earth!

Nini

Jeanne, I'm so sorry that you are having so many problems with the school. It just doesn't make any sense to me how they can justify their actions. It sounds like the wrong person is getting locked in a dark closet!

Ah, I thought maybe you had forgotten about it, or didn't get an email about it's expiration, or that you thought we didn't need it anymore. Glad you're back and it will be working properly again.

No, it was my buisness site domain name I didn't renew in time! :scared1: Uggh!

Warning: lots of pictures (and they are not the greatest shots)

My daughter's skirt for Hoop Dee Do review. I wanted to make her a Jessie shirt but she said no. :sad1: A few days later I asked her if she wanted a Bullseye shirt and she looked at me like I was crazy. She thought I meant a shirt with the Target logo. I guess I'm the only one who has Disney on their mind 24/7. Any other ideas for a cute shirt to go with this skirt?
th_IMG_3450.jpg

This is my first Insa. My DD will wear it to Epcot where we have a late breakfast with the princesses and then I'm hoping we get to meet Marie (one of her favorites). I knew she wouldn't want to wear the Belle shirt all day and I know this fabric doesn't scream "France" but my little picky one is not big on pink. I bought this fabric with no plans so I wanted to use it up. I'm hoping to make a non-Disney t-shirt and some PJ shorts so my DD can get lots of use out of this set.
Belle version:
th_IMG_3445.jpg

I love these!!! Adorable Hoop De Doo skirt, and I love your versatile Marie and Belle!!!
K, got a couple more things done on the weekend.

First an upcycle for a co-workers daughter. And it's Disney related, something I very rarely have. It's a Marie cutie.

IMG_7947 by tricialee22, on Flickr

That upcycle is adorable!!! Do you use a pattern? I really like that shape.

I need to make cushions for our camper (so next year we don't have to sleep in a tent) Are they hard to do? These ones you made look really nice! (which makes me think they must have been hard!)

Cute picture!!! I think the precious Dress is the way to go! We have the Alice dress that Tom made, and while I am pretty sure the Precious Dress wasn't out when he made it, that was the style of the dress.

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile. I have been so busy w/homeschooling starting up again, being pregnant, hving migraines, etc.

I did find out we are having another girl! We r excited but have been amazed at how people act like it is a disappointment since it is not a boy and we already have 2 girls....kind of hurtful. I will need even more sewing time now.

Congrtulations Rochelle!!!!!! I think a third daughter is wonderful!!!!! People can sure be stupid though, can't they!

Off my soapbox now!

Nini

I'm so glad you are able to go!!! I am very grateful for police officers, and I'm happy that your vacation was not ruined.

Just a warning

I am planning on moving our thread on page 240, since the mods didn't let us finish up page 250 last time before they locked us up. I don't want to chance that happening again!!!

I guess it is time I finally get my shirts posted...how else are you going to find me at the parks...since I don't let people take my picture too often!

First up is our shirt we wear on the way to Disney.
6164403256_c9596bc8bf.jpg
[/url] 100_3610 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Next is our shirt for Friday night at DHS.
6164405528_23f11214bf.jpg
[/url] 100_3612 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Okay need a suggestion. Saturday night we had reservations at a non themed restaurant. My dd was just going to wear a minnie simply sweet. Now we are doing 1900 Park Fare. I really don't thing I have time to make another dress, but it is bugging me. I just changed the reservation today. What would you do? Also what do you all think of this restaurant. We have never been there.

We really liked 1900 PF. I made DD a Drizella dress and she was chosen to open the restaurant. Since I'm also in Charlotte, you're more than welcome to borrow it, if you don't have time to make something. (I don't have the hair bow anymore, though)

drizella-1.jpg

For Wednesday we head back to DHS.
6164423176_3c9349ae0c.jpg
[/url] 100_3628 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

With Sci Fi Drive In for dinner.
6163861039_dd2e7ef4e5.jpg
[/url] 100_3629 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thursday we visit Animal Kingdom in the am.
6164396146_2b47e7fedf.jpg
[/url] 100_3632 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

With Epcot and Garden Grill in the pm.
6164398200_ccdb31146f.jpg
[/url] 100_3633 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

On Friday we will visit DHS again in the am.
6163867213_8cc0fd9c86.jpg
[/url] 100_3636 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

With a trip to Magic Kingdom and CRT in the pm.
6164401264_226a8466a0.jpg
[/url] 100_3637 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

We will not be staying for MNSSHP this year...maybe next year.

Nini

Just a warning

I am planning on moving our thread on page 240, since the mods didn't let us finish up page 250 last time before they locked us up. I don't want to chance that happening again!!!
I think you have probably just made Nini the happiest women on the planet!

I guess it is time I finally get my shirts posted...how else are you going to find me at the parks...since I don't let people take my picture too often!

First up is our shirt we wear on the way to Disney.
6164403256_c9596bc8bf.jpg
[/url] 100_3610 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Next is our shirt for Friday night at DHS.
6164405528_23f11214bf.jpg
[/url] 100_3612 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]
Awesome! So cute that you do shirts for the drive down. You did make me one too didn't you? I know you probably won't see it too well with all the luggage piled on me, but I'd like to fit in.

Next up is our shirts for Saturday's visit to Animal Kingdom.
6163874251_d9ceed5d63.jpg
[/url] 100_3614 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then for 1900 Park Fare Saturday night.
6164409144_2954c63e4e.jpg
[/url] 100_3615 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then on Sunday we are at Epcot and Coral Reef for the big celebration of the birthday boy. None other than the ever popular Mr. D.
6163878769_a2af7ddcd3.jpg
[/url] 100_3617 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nini
I like how you split the pics into two posts (trying to move us along a but no doubt)! I can't decide which set of these is my favorite! I love the Park Fare mice but I adore the Nemo set too!

We really liked 1900 PF. I made DD a Drizella dress and she was chosen to open the restaurant. Since I'm also in Charlotte, you're more than welcome to borrow it, if you don't have time to make something. (I don't have the hair bow anymore, though)

drizella-1.jpg

That is the sweetest pic!

Now that I have done my part to get us moved before my trip ... I have a question. How on earth do you keep those silly words from showing up when you use Flikr for your photo uploads?

Seriously, most of the shirts were from Heather Sue. The ones that weren't ...let's just say they were not my favorites!

Thank you Heather Sue!!

Nini

For Monday, we are going to Downtown Disney.
6163880949_e6a9bff330.jpg
[/url] 100_3620 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

With Chef Mickey's that night.
6163882169_5a2a95e849.jpg
[/url] 100_3622 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

For Tuesday we go to Magic Kingdom.
6163885661_cb10f28ce7.jpg
[/url] 100_3624 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

And then over to Epcot for dinner at Biergarten. This is actually my favorite shirt...and it was an afterthought!
6163887899_12123086c5.jpg
[/url] 100_3625 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nini
I :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc the Epcot ones too!!! Awesome colors!

For Wednesday we head back to DHS.
6164423176_3c9349ae0c.jpg
[/url] 100_3628 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

With Sci Fi Drive In for dinner.
6163861039_dd2e7ef4e5.jpg
[/url] 100_3629 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thursday we visit Animal Kingdom in the am.
6164396146_2b47e7fedf.jpg
[/url] 100_3632 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

With Epcot and Garden Grill in the pm.
6164398200_ccdb31146f.jpg
[/url] 100_3633 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

On Friday we will visit DHS again in the am.
6163867213_8cc0fd9c86.jpg
[/url] 100_3636 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

With a trip to Magic Kingdom and CRT in the pm.
6164401264_226a8466a0.jpg
[/url] 100_3637 by ninimorris, on Flickr[/IMG]

We will not be staying for MNSSHP this year...maybe next year.

Nini
OMG these are all so great!!!! You all are going to be getting sooooo much attention!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter