Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Then I have nothing to do. I ordered fabric for week 6 project runway and it's not here and if it doesn't come by Sat it's iffy if I'll do my outfit or not, which is OK b/c dd suddenly says she doesn't like what I selected and I really wanted to make the outfit for her. I *think* she would like it once finished though. I also have to work on Lisa's BG but we need to pick a shirt color first so I can buy fabric and Chiara is my partner in crime and she's been busy since getting back and had the funeral yesterday. I can at least work on designing square size today based on the girls measurements and desired lengths. And I have a couple of new patterns I cant race for dd and still have two shirts to make for her for skirts that are already done. I guess I have lots to do after all!

I am looking and ordering this morning. I need some normalcy in my life so ordering shirts is going to be it. I will email you as soon as I pick the color.

The funeral yesterday was beautiful but I am ready for real life unfortunately DH goes back to work from vacation tomorrow and it is straight to 12 hour tours and I will be single parenting for a bit due to the credible terror threat.

I so want to play with some fabric and edit my pictures from the trip.

Popping out of lurked mode to tell you why procratination can be a good thing! Headed to Disney in 35 days :cool1: and had *planned* to hand appliqué all my girls T shirts this summer - even bought the T shirts on sale in June! Guess who never sewed a stitch over the summer?? So last night I get everything out to prewash and get busy and on a "mom hunch" decided I better have the girls try on the shirts before I started appliquéing. I am sure you can guess where this is going! Kristin (10) couldn't wear any of her shirts and neither could Kendall (almost 8)!! Kendall CAN wear the shirts I bought for Kristin, but I had to order online to replace Kristin's shirts, because there are no more short sleeved shirts in brick and mortar stores anymore. Sigh. Glad I didn't sew over the summer since neither girl wanted the same applique's, but I am going to be super busy the next few weeks! Did i mention we are attending MNSSHP and i am sewing costumes for that, too? :scared1: Hope to have something to post next week.

Only skimmed the last few pages, love the Donald Duck cruise outfit! And Chiara, I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew.

My dgd has decided to be Stitch for Halloween. We bought the hands andhead at WDW so all I need is the body. If I can't find a sewing pattern for Stitch, what other animal pattern do you thnk would work? thanks

The funeral yesterday was beautiful but I am ready for real life unfortunately DH goes back to work from vacation tomorrow and it is straight to 12 hour tours and I will be single parenting for a bit due to the credible terror threat.

Chiara...I will keep you all in my prayers...

Lynn

We used to use that serum on Sara's hair. She has very dry, very curly, long hair. On the advice of the lady who cuts her hair we recently switched to a product called Mixed Chicks. It works so well! It is the first product that actually controls her hair and makes it look really nice.

Your quote at the end about how you had nothing to do today and then listed everything you do need to complete sounds just like me. I always think I don't have too much to get finished with today but then I make a To Do List and it is a mile long!

I made a t-shirt yesterday with a firetruck appliqued on front. The stitching missed the back end of the firetruck so now I need to fix it on the regular machine. I also have about a dozen other shirts to get appliqued and I need to set up for the yard sale we are having this weekend. I guess it will be a garage sale since it is still raining here. When I get a chance I will post a couple of pictures of what the flooding looked like here yesterday. It was unbelievable!
I'll have to try Mixed Chicks. DD's hair is pretty manageable now that it's not as curly. I need something for my hair though. I had it blown dry perfectly straight and then went to soccer practice and came home looking like a frizz bomb. I love my hair straight but it keeps frizzing up on me and I get these awful un-uniform waves.

Good luck at the garage sale. Ugh on having to fix an applique -- I have been so lucky so far that all the designs I have gotten have worked out well. I mainly have HeatherSue, Planet Applique and Embroidery Library but I buy plenty of odd designs here and there.

I am looking and ordering this morning. I need some normalcy in my life so ordering shirts is going to be it. I will email you as soon as I pick the color.

I forgot about your dh and the the hectic and stressful work schedule that would be impending. A big thank you to him and his coworkers for keeping everyone safe and a big thanks to you as well ~ as a military wife I know what we go through to support our spouses careers. So a big thanks to both of you. I got chills this morning when they were talking about the events of 9-11 just thinking back on it. I worked as a contract doctor at the Navy base at the time and dh was on a ship which was in port, but he wasn't allowed to come home and then his duty schedule got drastically shifted. I have a friend who lived three blocks form the WTC at the time and she wasn't allowed back into home for three days -- fortunately she had her dog at work with her as she was a guide dog in training and only her cats were at the apt. Was your husband working in NYC at the time? I imagine he would have some stories to tell.

FOR ALL TO READ:
And speaking of 9-11, one of our local radio stations had no dj's on it this morning. They all had off work to go into the community and do volunteer work today to commemorate the impact of 9-11. They suggested everyone do the same. So for those of you not involved in the BG I would like to suggest you sign up and check it out. Even if you do just one small thing for the current family, it would be an awesome way to give back and honor those who lives were lost and impacted by 9-11.

Popping out of lurked mode to tell you why procratination can be a good thing! Headed to Disney in 35 days :cool1: and had *planned* to hand appliqué all my girls T shirts this summer - even bought the T shirts on sale in June! Guess who never sewed a stitch over the summer?? So last night I get everything out to prewash and get busy and on a "mom hunch" decided I better have the girls try on the shirts before I started appliquéing. I am sure you can guess where this is going! Kristin (10) couldn't wear any of her shirts and neither could Kendall (almost 8)!! Kendall CAN wear the shirts I bought for Kristin, but I had to order online to replace Kristin's shirts, because there are no more short sleeved shirts in brick and mortar stores anymore. Sigh. Glad I didn't sew over the summer since neither girl wanted the same applique's, but I am going to be super busy the next few weeks! Did i mention we are attending MNSSHP and i am sewing costumes for that, too? :scared1: Hope to have something to post next week.

Only skimmed the last few pages, love the Donald Duck cruise outfit! And Chiara, I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew.
Well, procrastination did work out for you, but I don't envy being you in the next 35 days! How many shirts do you have to applique?

Ok, here are a few pictures of the flooding we had yesterday afternoon.

P9080076.jpg

P9080075.jpg

P9080074.jpg

P9080073.jpg

Luckily the house stayed completely dry!

I forgot about your dh and the the hectic and stressful work schedule that would be impending. A big thank you to him and his coworkers for keeping everyone safe and a big thanks to you as well ~ as a military wife I know what we go through to support our spouses careers. So a big thanks to both of you. I got chills this morning when they were talking about the events of 9-11 just thinking back on it. I worked as a contract doctor at the Navy base at the time and dh was on a ship which was in port, but he wasn't allowed to come home and then his duty schedule got drastically shifted. I have a friend who lived three blocks form the WTC at the time and she wasn't allowed back into home for three days -- fortunately she had her dog at work with her as she was a guide dog in training and only her cats were at the apt. Was your husband working in NYC at the time? I imagine he would have
Yep DH was a po then. He was actually off on 9-11 but was called into work. I was 8 months pregnant with DD at the time. It was a very scary time here in NY

th_P9080076.jpg

th_P9080075.jpg

th_P9080074.jpg

th_P9080073.jpg

WOW that is a lot of water.

hope everyone in the NE is okay with all the flooding, stay safe all!

Chiara, keeping your DH in my thoughts.

Andrea, love your reminder to do a good deed on 9/11!

we were living in Flemington NJ then, so scary!

thank you to all our military families here for their service and keeping us all safe!

First up: BTS outfits.

DD's is the same dress she had for K and 1st grade, except the bodice got too tight so I redid it. And since I have an embroidery machine it now sports an "A" for Alexa.

Here she is two years ago:
P8080112.jpg

And here she is today (along with ds wearing his coordinating 4th grade Rocks t-shirt):
School2011.jpg

And here they are outside the school ~ photo taken as dd is griping and complaining she is hot and doesn't want her picture taken, but I have to post this so you can see what I deal with each and every day when it comes to selection of shoes ~ I promise you all she has black flats, but I'm *certain* the leopard print shoes are indeed a much better match:
School2011Outside.jpg

And since Diane posted flooding pics I will share our hurricane damage.

Normally when you view out our screened in porch you see a 6.5 ft tall privacy fence so I was a bit dismayed to see the tree top instead:
TreeScreenPorch.jpg

And this is the side of our house (the tree was taller than our house) -- ETA it didn't topple over completely b/c the fence caught it:
Tree1.jpg

Tree2.jpg

297286_247451458626495_114570338581275_681738_4608343_n.jpg

My custom for my dd. Hollywood Minnie for HS! The fabric was at Hancock's in the clearance section. Gotta' love the perfect fabric at the perfect price!

Such great fabric!! It's perfect!

Ugh! I understand! We leave in 36 days and I still have 4 full customs to finish for my daughter, 9 shirts to embroider for a customer and 3 full customs for another customer. Plus I am making something for Lisa for the BG!! That's 53 embroidery designs!!! I love to procrastinate! Now I just need to get my daughter to cooperate! :) Luckily my little one hasn't hit any major growth spurts!

Andrea, cute kiddos you have....yes even the one where she is fighting you!

wow close call on the tree, lucky it didn't damage your house!

DD's is the same dress she had for K and 1st grade, except the bodice got too tight so I redid it. And since I have an embroidery machine it now sports an "A" for Alexa.

P8080112.jpg

And here she is today (along with ds wearing his coordinating 4th grade Rocks t-shirt):
School2011.jpg

And here they are outside the school ~ photo taken as dd is griping and complaining she is hot and doesn't want her picture taken, but I have to post this so you can see what I deal with each and every day when it comes to selection of shoes ~ I promise you all she has black flats, but I'm *certain* the leopard print shoes are indeed a much better match:
School2011Outside.jpg

Normally when you view out our screened in porch you see a 6.5 ft tall privacy fence so I was a bit dismayed to see the tree top instead:
TreeScreenPorch.jpg

And this is the side of our house (the tree was taller than our house) -- ETA it didn't topple over completely b/c the fence caught it:
Tree1.jpg

Tree2.jpg

I love the BTS out fits.

:dance3:

Good News

I got my very first order. It's for embroidered polo shirts. It's for my son's upcoming film shoot, part of which takes place in a shoe store, so I'm making the employee shirts. Not a paying gig, but a gig. :3dglasses

:confused3:confused3:confused3

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Bad News

My son's going to be filming in our basement. (The main character lives at home with his parents.) We need to carve out a sleeping space and he also wants to use my sewing quadrant, but due to copyright issues, all of my Disney stuff has to be removed or "greeked". (That's your film term for today, greeking means covering up or making illegible. You know how sometimes on reality TV you see t-shirts or baseball caps that are blurred out. It's not becasue they have profanity, but probably a copyrighted image.)

:wave2: ::MickeyMo

:wave2: ::MinnieMo

Good News

I got my very first order. It's for embroidered polo shirts. It's for my son's upcoming film shoot, part of which takes place in a shoe store, so I'm making the employee shirts. Not a paying gig, but a gig. :3dglasses

Bad News

My son's going to be filming in our basement. (The main character lives at home with his parents.) We need to carve out a sleeping space and he also wants to use my sewing quadrant, but due to copyright issues, all of my Disney stuff has to be removed or "greeked". (That's your film term for today, greeking means covering up or making illegible. You know how sometimes on reality TV you see t-shirts or baseball caps that are blurred out. It's not becasue they have profanity, but probably a copyrighted image.)

I didn't know you were taking orders. I'd like a diet GingerAle please :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Congrats on your first job -- I am *certain* this will launch your career! Do they really want polos? How 'bout pillow case / mattress pad attire instead?

So... I am finally caught up! We got back from Disney last Sunday....

We were right in the path of Irene... and actually our house lost power for 7 days. Power went out after we left and came back on the day before we got back. I cleaned out our fridge and freezer before we left and put everything in our garage freezer which our neighbor hooked up to his generator and ran for us. We lost several large branches, but no trees.

We were VERY lucky... our county was the hardest hit locality in Virginia... I work for the local county here and my coworkers were on the go non-stop doing damage assessment while I was out... couldn't have picked a better week to be in Disney!

I got a late start sewing for Disney, so I didn't get a lot done, but here are a few shots of what I did get done! :)

I did easy fits with a ruffle and a tank for the girls! We started off at Chef Mickey's

302109_2196445303433_1016230040_32520406_2450271_n.jpg

You can see it a little better here!
297836_2196459103778_1016230040_32520446_7704845_n.jpg

My FAVORITE outfit that I made for the girls were the dresses for Ohana's!

317578_2199058368758_1016230040_32523913_1421518895_n.jpg

You wouldn't know that my youngest enjoyed herself, would you? :rotfl2: Here they are again smiling with Mulan!

304684_2199071129077_1016230040_32523960_427872024_n.jpg

Not a great shot of this one, but I love this outfit!

316965_2199288774518_1016230040_32524189_1020812624_n.jpg

And I cheated and bought these, but they were SO cute they were worth it!!!!

317629_2199315375183_1016230040_32524251_1833148590_n.jpg

Rapunzel told them that she liked them so much that next time she fixed her dress she was going to add dots to her dress!!!! :) Best of all, the minnie one was on clearance at Target!

I had one other outfit, but I don't have the pics in my facebook album, so I can't post it... The last one was a pirate themed outfit that I was especially proud of! The photopass photographer even told me that he remembered me from a different location from my girls and their outfits!

Here is a link to my Facebook album. Feel free to look and to friend me.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2196417862747.2122868.1016230040&l=43425d7b54&type=1

We had a blast and I can't wait to go again!

I didn't know you were taking orders. I'd like a diet GingerAle please :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Congrats on your first job -- I am *certain* this will launch your career! Do they really want polos? How 'bout pillow case / mattress pad attire instead?

I spit soda all over my Mac

We were right in the path of Irene... and actually our house lost power for 7 days. Power went out after we left and came back on the day before we got back. I cleaned out our fridge and freezer before we left and put everything in our garage freezer which our neighbor hooked up to his generator and ran for us. We lost several large branches, but no trees.

We were VERY lucky... our county was the hardest hit locality in Virginia... I work for the local county here and my coworkers were on the go non-stop doing damage assessment while I was out... couldn't have picked a better week to be in Disney!

I got a late start sewing for Disney, so I didn't get a lot done, but here are a few shots of what I did get done! :)

I did easy fits with a ruffle and a tank for the girls! We started off at Chef Mickey's

You wouldn't know that my youngest enjoyed herself, would you? :rotfl2: Here they are again smiling with Mulan!

Rapunzel told them that she liked them so much that next time she fixed her dress she was going to add dots to her dress!!!! :) Best of all, the minnie one was on clearance at Target!

I had one other outfit, but I don't have the pics in my facebook album, so I can't post it... The last one was a pirate themed outfit that I was especially proud of! The photopass photographer even told me that he remembered me from a different location from my girls and their outfits!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2196417862747.2122868.1016230040&l=43425d7b54&type=1

Love everything. welcome back

th_297286_247451458626495_114570338581275_681738_4608343_n.jpg

My custom for my dd. Hollywood Minnie for HS! The fabric was at Hancock's in the clearance section. Gotta' love the perfect fabric at the perfect price!

How perfect is that!!!!!

th_296715_2253288738993_1451527017_2410004_1695322916_n.jpg

Safari minnie for Ak of course! Fabric was again, a bargain find at Walmart! Never have much luck there normally too. The outfit was inspired by the book "Little Girls, Big Style", which I love as I don't really work from patterns and the author only has the key pieces on pattern and the rest in measurement.
Absolutely adorable!

I LOVE IT!!! i bought some of that fabric awhile back before we went to wdw in may.I made peasent shirt/dresses for my 3 granddaughters...twins-Gracie in blue trim,Kensleigh in greenlil sis Chloe in the middle!
247832_214116415287519_100000674867225_651598_1472494_n.jpg

i have fabric left waiting for another trip for me & mine or soem friends who plan to go next summer! i may have to case your dress!

Awwww, they are so cute!

We buy it at the Navy Exchange in the beauty parlor (sounds so old fashioned but they have a beauty parlor). It's around $16 a bottle, but it lasts about 6 months and Alexa has really long hair -- down to her behind. the key is to have Lydia comb her hair in the shower with conditioner in it. That's what Alexa does and then when she comes out I put in the skinny serum and comb it through. Next morning her hair is a breeze to comb. I think our Walmart carries Paul Mitchell now, but you can get it at professional shops for sure. I hope it works for you -- Alexa now just has wavy hair, but we started using it when she was three and still had curls. ANd now I bought hair wax for her because the fly aways were driving me nuts. It works well too (but makes her hair look a wee bit greasy!).

Thanks! I will look for it! corey has hair wax to make his hair stick up, I wonder if it would work on all my flyaways!

FOR ALL TO READ:
And speaking of 9-11, one of our local radio stations had no dj's on it this morning. They all had off work to go into the community and do volunteer work today to commemorate the impact of 9-11. They suggested everyone do the same. So for those of you not involved in the BG I would like to suggest you sign up and check it out. Even if you do just one small thing for the current family, it would be an awesome way to give back and honor those who lives were lost and impacted by 9-11.

Well, procrastination did work out for you, but I don't envy being you in the next 35 days! How many shirts do you have to applique?

What a great idea!!!!!!!

Lisa's Give could still use quite a few things, (bowling shirts, princess dresses). And, pixie dust or anything you want to send is always appreciated!
http://www.disbiggive.com

th_P9080073.jpg

Wow!!! I'm glad your house stayed dry!

th_School2011Outside.jpg

th_TreeScreenPorch.jpg

]

I love that your daughter can still wear the same dress!!!! And, leopard goes with anything!!!! (just ask Tessa or Lydia!)

the picture of the tree is quite impressive!!!

Good News

Bad News

:banana::banana::banana::woohoo:

I love your outfits!!! Especially the Ohana ones! And I love Mulan! :lovestruc

Ellen I love the top you made for yourself, and D that Sailor Donald outfit is amazing too!!

I love everything that's been posted, I just have no energy to quote right now...just got back from a field trip with my son's 1st grade class! Steps, hills and walking OH MY!! I'm so OUT OF SHAPE!!

Dempsey came home Tuesday, so I'm attempting a spiral skirt/dress...the bottom hem looks awful. I'm really in awe of you that have made this skirt look so flawless :worship: Any tips would be grealty appreciated...I think my only option at this point is to cover up my ugly hem job with a ruffle or something :sad2:

P8080112.jpg

School2011.jpg

School2011Outside.jpg

TreeScreenPorch.jpg

Tree1.jpg

Tree2.jpg
The dress is adorable and I love your son's shirt too! I remember you saying that you were going to make a new bodice for the dress. It turned out great and I love the embroidery on it.

Sorry about the hurricane damage. That really stinks!!!!!

Glad that you had fun! What a great week to be in Disney and get to miss a hurricane. And hooray for the nice neighbor that hooked your freezer up to his generator! I hope you brought him back a treat from Disney. The outfits look great and the kids are adorable! I love the O'hana dresses!

here are our kids holloween costumes and Baby parade costumes

here is my daughter as wilma flintstone
babyparade2011003.jpg

my neice as betty rubble
babyparade2011005.jpg

my other neice as pebbles
babyparade2011004.jpg

my nephew as bam bam
babyparade2011006.jpg

and the whole group together
babyparade2011007.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter