• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Thank you all for your advice!

Teresajoy - lol A very legit question! I have a Bernina 830 LE. I am finding the machine is so smart that I just don't get it. The directions are for people that have had years of sewing and know what it is that they need to search for. Where as I barely know where the bobbin goes. They don't give directions for the beginners. I could never find the place to unzip the file on the Gateway. But I did hold my breath and try it on the Mac. It worked great and I think I figured out how to get it from point A to point B. I am going to try today.

I bought the designs from the Heather's website last night.

Thank you all so much! I will post a picture when I get it done.

I am about 15 pages behind again, but I wanted to post my week 4 entry since the voting is done:

2347477860051332420S500x500Q85.jpg

I started with the Make It And Love It stroller bag tutorial and customized the life out of it, so that it zips open to sit flat and has specific places for all my gear. I just have to say I LOVE this bag. I got to try it out in action at the zoo last week and with the way everything is secured I can change lenses with one hand while I'm walking. Amazing! I have been in such desperate need of a better camera bag for so long, because I've been using the one that came with my dSLR despite having added two lenses, a pocket tripod, and a camcorder to my setup since then.

Totally love your bag!! I must try the stroller bag tutorial some day, but I really love what you did with it to totally personallize it for your own use!!

Today is my nephews funeral if you could send some prayers to my brother and his family they could sure use them today.
Thinking of you and your family :hug:

I am about 15 pages behind again, but I wanted to post my week 4 entry since the voting is done:

I started with the Make It And Love It stroller bag tutorial and customized the life out of it, so that it zips open to sit flat and has specific places for all my gear. I just have to say I LOVE this bag. I got to try it out in action at the zoo last week and with the way everything is secured I can change lenses with one hand while I'm walking. Amazing! I have been in such desperate need of a better camera bag for so long, because I've been using the one that came with my dSLR despite having added two lenses, a pocket tripod, and a camcorder to my setup since then.
I love how you put spots for all the camera equipment. the bag is awesome, but what I'd really like is your camera (and then I guess I would like the bag to so as to have something to carry all the camera equip with so send that as well please).

If it is ok? Goodness, I'm honored! Case away. I can't wait to see your take on it!

Regards,
C.
Thank you!!!! I think I need to loose about 30 pounds to look as cute as you do in it, but I have a few months yet. Wish me luck!!!

)Might I recommend Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum --put it on after you wash her and it's still wet. It makes it so much easier to comb through when it dries. We have used it on dd for years and it's a life saver.

I've never heard of that, where do you buy it? Lydia's hair gets so horribley tangled, I might have to find this.

1.)I worked with this guy that their wedding invitations was of them 3 years old holding hands on the beach. The parents were great friends growing up and so were their children. They went their seperate ways in HS and when they were both in their 30s and single their parents decided to set them up and guess what they got married and have a few kids.:goodvibes

2.)Thanks for that tip. After all the swimming in the chlorine when we were in Florida my daughter's hair is a mess. It gets so snarly and I keep threatening to cut it off. I'll have to try this as the kids hair detangler isn't working anymore.
1.)That is so sweet!!!
2.)After our last trip, Lydia's hair was as dry as straw! It was awful! It was so hard to get the tangles out. It took a whole bottle of conditioner on her head when we got home to get it looking decent again!

Very cute!!!!
I
I can't wait for today to be over so I can play with some sewing. I have a couple things I want to work on.

Today is my nephews funeral if you could send some prayers to my brother and his family they could sure use them today.

I know this is going to be an awful day for all of you, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Teresajoy - lol A very legit question! I have a Bernina 830 LE. I am finding the machine is so smart that I just don't get it. The directions are for people that have had years of sewing and know what it is that they need to search for. Where as I barely know where the bobbin goes. They don't give directions for the beginners. I could never find the place to unzip the file on the Gateway. But I did hold my breath and try it on the Mac. It worked great and I think I figured out how to get it from point A to point B. I am going to try today.

Phew! I'm glad you weren't offended! You would be surprised at how many people don't understand what they are buying!

I'm glad you are getting it figured out!

I can't wait for today to be over so I can play with some sewing. I have a couple things I want to work on.

I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for strength and peace for your entire family. We lost my infant niece a few months ago and I pray that these angels are at peace in a better place.

Try looking on youtube for some videos. I just found a bunch of videos that were posted on there by Bernina. I used them to help me understand a lot of stuff about my Bernina serger. I have found that Bernina directions manuals are the worst!

Might I recommend Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum --put it on after you wash her and it's still wet. It makes it so much easier to comb through when it dries. We have used it on dd for years and it's a life saver.

I will have to try that. Thanks

So precious. Doesn't it break your ♥ to leave them like that.

Yes it does. Especially when they are screaming I WANT MY MOMMY :sad2:

297286_247451458626495_114570338581275_681738_4608343_n.jpg

My custom for my dd. Hollywood Minnie for HS! The fabric was at Hancock's in the clearance section. Gotta' love the perfect fabric at the perfect price!

296715_2253288738993_1451527017_2410004_1695322916_n.jpg

Safari minnie for Ak of course! Fabric was again, a bargain find at Walmart! Never have much luck there normally too. The outfit was inspired by the book "Little Girls, Big Style", which I love as I don't really work from patterns and the author only has the key pieces on pattern and the rest in measurement.

317479_2225727929990_1451527017_2377271_1204946_n.jpg

Alice for MK. A pattern, which I hated to use! I still have a Feliz to make for Epcot and brother shirts. Oh and a Lilo dress for Ohana.

I see the photo didn't show up in quote.

Thinking of you and your family today!

I loved your camera bag! It is great that you were able to make exactly what you needed!

Do you think this stroller bag can be done to fit a dbl City Elite? This would be perfect if I can get it to hang from a wider handle. We usually use the Skip Hop bag with the adjustable strap to let out a lot of slack to fit over the handle. This would be much better. (and cuter)

20 or so pages behind again after a long weekend. We had a great weekend. Had a 50th Wedding anniversary for my ex-inlaws (yes, I love them dearly and after being divorced from their son for 30 yrs, we are still extremely close). Then Sunday had lunch and nice visit with some very special people in our lives and Monday I took my little DGDs to a new water park and just had a blast. So great weekend but I missed a lot on here, so let me see if I can at least make a few comments...

Andrea - thank you so much for your sweet wishes about my DDs upcoming delivery. They are beyond excited (her hubby comes in tomorrow). They are nervous and excited all at the same time.

Marianne - yes, you did see a camo diaper cover...I will post it (I had forgotten that I didn't post it here).

Tricia - I love those little construction pants....you are so talented and creative. I will have to bookmark those for the future.

Chiara - I am so sorry about your nephew. I hope today that you and your family can find peace. I have been praying for you all.:hug:

Purple Ears - your outfits and pictures are just adorable. I especially liked the kissing picture.

dianemom2 - The desserts outfits are so cute. How special of you to make them for the whole family. I love those designs.

And to everyone that entered the PR for Week #4 - All of the outfits were fantastic. I have a stack of fabric I have purchased to make myself things and it still just sits. I am hoping to get some of them made in the next few months.

Everyone has been posting such cute outfits and ideas. I need to go catch up on some projects of my own now.

Here is my entry for last week - I forgot to vote again, grrrr...
IMG_18492.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't model it myself... I went to put the skirt on, and it fit - but it was a bit tight and not flattering at all... must work out a lot before our trip in March, so I can wear it. :lovestruc

Off to work on another outfit.
1502025u1z9i6a0je.gif

D~

Dorine - love, love, love this outfit....it is adorable. I think you need a buddy to help you wear that dress and look fab in it. I am in! I started a diet last week...down 4.1/2 so far in 10 days. I will challenge you! I am sure I have way more to go than you do!!

So my baby girl started Preschool today. Well of course I had to make something for her to wear. :) I loved how it turned out. She was very excited until I had to leave.

P9077166.jpg

P9077169.jpg

OMG..she is absolutely beautiful!! Love the hair! And the outfits is precious...love the soft colors!

Okay. I had been lurking around here for awhile and finally posted a few months ago saying that I was going to teach myself to sew and if I ever finished a project I would post a picture. Well I did it! I made reversible rompers for my boys and also easy fit shorts! They are far from perfect but not bad for my first projects!
IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Here is a pic of the shorts with the JATNLP shirts DISigned by the awesome Millipie!
IMG_0762.jpg

You did a fantastic job. I would never have known it was your first projects...please post a picture of those precious boys (I am assuming they are the ones pictured in your avatar) with the outfits on.

WARNING!!!
PICTURE HEAVY POST AHEAD!!!​

As promised, here are pictures from Finn & Savannah's 1st day of preschool. They're in the 3's "Teddy Bear" class this year. I am in LOVE with these pictures - but the two of them crack me up, because I swear they're like an old married couple!!!
[K-I-S-S-I-N-G
DSC_4481.jpg

This picture just melted my heart :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

My custom for my dd. Hollywood Minnie for HS! The fabric was at Hancock's in the clearance section. Gotta' love the perfect fabric at the perfect price!

Love the fabric....great find! You are doing great on the outfits.

This is probably the last thing I will get made for my new little grandson before he is born and I had forgotten to post it here. Sorry for bad quality picture...it was taken with phone. They are size 0-3...so tiny!

Diapercover.jpg

I LOVE IT!!! i bought some of that fabric awhile back before we went to wdw in may.I made peasent shirt/dresses for my 3 granddaughters...twins-Gracie in blue trim,Kensleigh in greenlil sis Chloe in the middle!
247832_214116415287519_100000674867225_651598_1472494_n.jpg

i have fabric left waiting for another trip for me & mine or soem friends who plan to go next summer! i may have to case your dress!

OK - so I thought I'd post outfit #49 (posted outfit #48 on my PTR last night, if you're interested)... This is a pre-ordered outfit - Sleeping Beauty. This time I hand appliqued the fairies insted of hand embroidering them - they took just as long to do (6+ hours), and I vowed to never make another outfit like this until I own an embroidery machine.
th_aIMG_1868.jpg

D~

This is beautiful, too bad it took such a long time to applique the fairies. I had to laugh at your comment about how difficult it was to sew things in larger sizes. I finished a dress for a friend's doll today and I was annoyed working with such small pieces of material.

Your brother's family and your family are in our thoughts today.

Very cute and practical! Good job!

th_297286_247451458626495_114570338581275_681738_4608343_n.jpg

Great job on the dress. Perfect for Studios!

th_296715_2253288738993_1451527017_2410004_1695322916_n.jpg

Safari minnie for Ak of course! Fabric was again, a bargain find at Walmart! Never have much luck there normally too. The outfit was inspired by the book "Little Girls, Big Style", which I love as I don't really work from patterns and the author only has the key pieces on pattern and the rest in measurement.

I like this outfit as well. Isn't it great when you find great fabrics and great prices?

th_317479_2225727929990_1451527017_2377271_1204946_n.jpg

Alice for MK. A pattern, which I hated to use! I still have a Feliz to make for Epcot and brother shirts. Oh and a Lilo dress for Ohana.

This looks awesome as well. I am sure she will look very adorable in this!

Purple Ears - your outfits and pictures are just adorable. I especially liked the kissing picture.

This is probably the last thing I will get made for my new little grandson before he is born and I had forgotten to post it here. Sorry for bad quality picture...it was taken with phone. They are size 0-3...so tiny!

th_Diapercover.jpg

Thanks. I am glad that people enjoyed seeing the pictures. I am sure the diaper cover will get lots of use!

Fabulous job! I had no idea that green was from the SW collection -- it looks perfect with PP! Your sewing skills look top notch as well which I think deserves mention -- I think things like that often get overlooked when people are voting that do not sew ~ you did an outstanding job and the fabric combination was perfect :)

:goodvibes: Aww, you made my week! Thank you for such kind words!

Regards,
C.

Great job on those outfits.:goodvibes What great finds at the fabric store. I can't ever be that lucky.

Diapercover.jpg

How sweet! That is a great idea.

I've never heard of that, where do you buy it? Lydia's hair gets so horribley tangled, I might have to find this.
We buy it at the Navy Exchange in the beauty parlor (sounds so old fashioned but they have a beauty parlor). It's around $16 a bottle, but it lasts about 6 months and Alexa has really long hair -- down to her behind. the key is to have Lydia comb her hair in the shower with conditioner in it. That's what Alexa does and then when she comes out I put in the skinny serum and comb it through. Next morning her hair is a breeze to comb. I think our Walmart carries Paul Mitchell now, but you can get it at professional shops for sure. I hope it works for you -- Alexa now just has wavy hair, but we started using it when she was three and still had curls. ANd now I bought hair wax for her because the fly aways were driving me nuts. It works well too (but makes her hair look a wee bit greasy!).

317479_2225727929990_1451527017_2377271_1204946_n.jpg

Beautiful work! I love the fabric for DHS and I really like the star on the Mickey head. And the Alice pattern does not look like fun.

th_Diapercover.jpg
How absolutely adorable is that!!! I hope you SIL arrives home safely today -- I'm so happy for your dd and him that he will be home for the arrival of their son.

My agenda for today is to finish Katleyn's BG -- tried to get it done yesterday but no such luck. I also need to post pics of the kids in their BTS outfits and then make a Yankees shirt for a birthday present which is a Sat party and stupid me forgot to order the applique design off etsy yesterday. Most people on there are quick to e-mail the designs so I'm hoping this one is very quick b/c I 'd like it by late morning!

Then I have nothing to do. I ordered fabric for week 6 project runway and it's not here and if it doesn't come by Sat it's iffy if I'll do my outfit or not, which is OK b/c dd suddenly says she doesn't like what I selected and I really wanted to make the outfit for her. I *think* she would like it once finished though. I also have to work on Lisa's BG but we need to pick a shirt color first so I can buy fabric and Chiara is my partner in crime and she's been busy since getting back and had the funeral yesterday. I can at least work on designing square size today based on the girls measurements and desired lengths. And I have a couple of new patterns I cant race for dd and still have two shirts to make for her for skirts that are already done. I guess I have lots to do after all!

We buy it at the Navy Exchange in the beauty parlor (sounds so old fashioned but they have a beauty parlor). It's around $16 a bottle, but it lasts about 6 months and Alexa has really long hair -- down to her behind. the key is to have Lydia comb her hair in the shower with conditioner in it. That's what Alexa does and then when she comes out I put in the skinny serum and comb it through. Next morning her hair is a breeze to comb. I think our Walmart carries Paul Mitchell now, but you can get it at professional shops for sure. I hope it works for you -- Alexa now just has wavy hair, but we started using it when she was three and still had curls. ANd now I bought hair wax for her because the fly aways were driving me nuts. It works well too (but makes her hair look a wee bit greasy!).

Then I have nothing to do. ..... I guess I have lots to do after all!

We used to use that serum on Sara's hair. She has very dry, very curly, long hair. On the advice of the lady who cuts her hair we recently switched to a product called Mixed Chicks. It works so well! It is the first product that actually controls her hair and makes it look really nice.

Your quote at the end about how you had nothing to do today and then listed everything you do need to complete sounds just like me. I always think I don't have too much to get finished with today but then I make a To Do List and it is a mile long!

I made a t-shirt yesterday with a firetruck appliqued on front. The stitching missed the back end of the firetruck so now I need to fix it on the regular machine. I also have about a dozen other shirts to get appliqued and I need to set up for the yard sale we are having this weekend. I guess it will be a garage sale since it is still raining here. When I get a chance I will post a couple of pictures of what the flooding looked like here yesterday. It was unbelievable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter