Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Okay. I had been lurking around here for awhile and finally posted a few months ago saying that I was going to teach myself to sew and if I ever finished a project I would post a picture. Well I did it! I made reversible rompers for my boys and also easy fit shorts! They are far from perfect but not bad for my first projects!
th_IMG_0759.jpg

th_IMG_0760.jpg

th_IMG_0761.jpg

Here is a pic of the shorts with the JATNLP shirts DISigned by the awesome Millipie!
th_IMG_0762.jpg

Wow. Those are amazing for a first time project. Reversible is not a simple project. Great job!

Hey yall - I finally got Week 5 up for voting. There were only 5 entries this week. Here is the link : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2795058 My internet has been so spotty lately. I come on to post the thread and it will shut down on me or take forever to load. :confused3

I will be so glad if and when they get the fiber optics up and running here. But who knows when that will be finished. I miss being able to whip out my phone and be on the internet going down the road (as a passenger, of course). I also miss the radio. Our internet is charged by usage and it is too expensive to stream music. There is only one radio station here and it plays the worst music ever. A mix of everything. And I mean everything.

Anywho - I was super sad becasue I did not get my entry finished in time. Kernnedy would not cooprorate with pictures and it did not look nearly as cute on a hanger as it did on her. Plus I couldn't get it uploaded - it keep timing out. I did a color changing outfit inspired by Animator's Palate. It starts out black and white and changes to color. I finally learned how to use my ruffler! :banana::banana::banana: I wanted to come on here and celebrate but then it would have given my project away - so alas, I celebrated in silence, and for what?! I still don't have a picture to show you guys. I also printed on fabric, used my machine to attach buttons and handstitched the opening on an A-line shirt. I really challenged myself this week! I guess I could use the one I make for my older daughter for week 6 - I did kind of drafted my own pattern for it. Maybe I will do that, I still haven't made hers yet.

I am loving all the new outfits and projects posted. I need to go back and quote them, but after you get behind - it takes awhile to get caught back up!
I can't believe you couldn't get your pics up -- you should have just waited to post the contest until you could! The dress sounds really neat ~ I am excited to see it. I also am surprised there are only 5 entires this week. I liked it better when there were more so ladies you had bet getting sewing for week 6.

Since the voting is done for week 4, here is my entry. I made the Jamie dress pattern into a top. I also extended the waistband around to the back. I will admit it is rare that I made any clothing items for myself, and very intimidating putting a picture out there for everyone to see. But I was pleased with the result, and would probably actually wear the top in public :thumbsup2.

th_P1040385.jpg
I knew that was yours b/c of Megan's Rosetta! I thought maybe you mase the shirt for her. It turned out awesome. I eventually want to get that pattern for myself along with the peasant for woman (Megan maybe???) but I have so many other projects to finish and BGs to work on that I can't even think about sewing for myself. I love how you made it a top -- I really like the style.

Here is my entry for last week - I forgot to vote again, grrrr...
th_IMG_18492.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't model it myself... I went to put the skirt on, and it fit - but it was a bit tight and not flattering at all... must work out a lot before our trip in March, so I can wear it. :lovestruc

D~
I so knew that was your outfit! I may have not known about your favorite ride, but I did know Donald was your favorite! It must have taken forever to do -- all that detail! Skinny up so Donald can see you in it!!!! It's fabulous!!!

So my baby girl started Preschool today. Well of course I had to make something for her to wear. :) I loved how it turned out. She was very excited until I had to leave.

th_P9077166.jpg

th_P9077169.jpg
Oh your baby is gorgeous! Love her hair! And her outfit is so cute! I really like how you did her name with the crayons. Cute, cute, cute!

Okay. I had been lurking around here for awhile and finally posted a few months ago saying that I was going to teach myself to sew and if I ever finished a project I would post a picture. Well I did it! I made reversible rompers for my boys and also easy fit shorts! They are far from perfect but not bad for my first projects!
th_IMG_0759.jpg
th_IMG_0760.jpg
th_IMG_0761.jpg

Here is a pic of the shorts with the JATNLP shirts DISigned by the awesome Millipie!
th_IMG_0762.jpg
Wow! It looks to me like you have been sewing forever! The outfits are awesome. I would love to see your twins modeling them.

Andrea - Im not a big Key West Fan at ALL!!! The sunset is just as pretty in the rest of the keys - lol - we like to go to the middle keys, around Bahia Honda state park. We are huge beach/snorkel fans!! Not party fans at all - lol.

I'd love to go to Disney both times, not sure if I can pull it off though - lol - but its been so LONG!!! lol...We do have a southwest credit we have to use up though!!! If we do go in Oct, I wonder if there is a Halloween party going on then???? We will see how/if it all works out - lol!!

Right now Im working on a zillion bookmarks for my mom to take on her missions trip to Brazil in 2 weeks!!! She also wants me to fix this shirt she got - its a nice lightweight knit, and its like a kind of jackety shirt that you'd put wear a little shell under??? anyways, it doesnt button or anything, but the each side of the front of the shirt comes to a long point in the front - she tried tying the knots together and it looks awful. She wants me to try to fix it!! Do you think just trimming the corner points off and making it the same all the way around and then putting a lettuce edge on it would work???
I love snorkeling too and the keys are great for it! I enjoy diving, but get a bit more stressed with it. You and I are so alike on Key West. I was so disappointed in it. Loved Key Largo though -- great snorkeling, great food and so relaxing.

How are you doing your bookmarks? I do mine by sewing together two pieces of fabric with interfacing (heavier weight) in between and a little ribbon or beading at the top and then just use pinking shears around the edges. Just curious as to what you are doing for yours b/c I plan on making a bunch for my kids to either give out at Halloween or Christmas to their classmates -- fortunately both have small classes this year -- I actually only need to make a total of 23 and that includes both classes.

I think your idea for your mom's jacket should work. Are you lettucing on your serger? I really want to learn that -- I finally mastered a rolled hem on mine.

Oh and if anyone is at the parks and sees us feel free to come and say hello

So, just seeing this, but I did see you in the parks! Monday you were at Hollywood Studios! :) I saw you pass by, but I was in line for Popcorn and felt really weird going up to say hi! Dh said I should have... :confused3: Anyway....

Beth - I am so very sorry. I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain for you all. :hug:

That is so sweet about him putting on a brave face... I hope his second day goes better for him.

THis does make total sense. Do you have a picture of just the hat that's a little closer?

Thanks, me too... :lovestruc He is in bed now... hopefully he loosens up soon.

Welcome to my life... well, the girls are pretty good now - but they used to be just like this. LOL

I love Michael W Smith too... I haven't listened to his music in a long time, but he is an amazing artist, I would definatly try to see him.

I hope you are able to post your entry soon... I would love to see it!

I also hope you are able to get reliable internet soon, we were forced to have dial-up until about a year ago - it was so horrible. :surfweb:

I loved this top - and it looks really good on you.

IMG_18492.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't model it myself... I went to put the skirt on, and it fit - but it was a bit tight and not flattering at all... must work out a lot before our trip in March, so I can wear it. :lovestruc

Off to work on another outfit.
1502025u1z9i6a0je.gif

D~

I LOVED this one! I voted for it. The butt ruffles made me smile! Plus Donald is my son's favorite character.

Lynn

HELP!!

Okay, so as you all know, I am going on a cruise next summer and I am trying to pace myself so the 58 outfits I have to make don't kill me. I now have a notebook that is color organized with ideas, fabric choices, and measurements (so the above about saving my sanity is pretty much a losing battle). ANYWAY. I saw a picture of a Vida (I am guessing) that had the following in the middle:

mickeyandminnieonanchor8x12-1.jpg

I can't even remember where I saw it to ask if I could case it. Does anyone remember a dress with this in the middle? It might have been minnie dot on the sides??

Thank you for even trying to remember. I feel really old. Just sayin'

(iPod posting while I get my kids to sleep, so no multi-quote. Sorry!)

Ellen - I also loved your top!

Dorine - your Donald outfit is wonderful! A well deserved win!

camac517 - I LOVE those reversible jon-jons!!! So cute! I'm a little sad that my oldest ds is potty trained because I loved him in those kind of outfits! Enjoy!

Here is my entry for PR Week #4:
IMG_0912.jpg

We were just getting home from church the day of the picture, so it has already been worn in a non-Disney setting. :) I chose the green print from the Snow White collection because I thought it matched nicely with Peter Pan. I was inspired by this pattern, but just frankenpatterned it from a Simplicity a-line I already had.

Can't wait to see who made all the other great items! I loved the camera bag and strap!

Regards,
C.

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Wow!....if you r new to sewing it'll be interesting to see how fast you progress...your stuff looks great!

So my baby girl started Preschool today. Well of course I had to make something for her to wear. :) I loved how it turned out. She was very excited until I had to leave.

P9077166.jpg

P9077169.jpg

Beautiful baby and outfit! I hope DD hair fills in like that!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. i got my machine fixed and it sews like it was new. The friend I made the tote bag for loved it and now keeps dreaming up projects for me. I'm going to attempt to teach her to quilt. Although, I hope she still has a sewing machine cause she gave me hers.
The fabric department at the Walmart i work at is doing reall well. One funny thing is that my daughter is the department manager over it. She doesn't sew.
Liz

P9077166.jpg

P9077169.jpg
So sweet! And the outfit is cute too!

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg
Excellent job for first projects. Everything looks just great! I love the little reversible rompers.

Hey all! It's been a while but I've been lurking along every single page with you guys. I've had a busy summer so have not been able to participate in any Gives in a while but I hope to be back soon.

I recently moved and last night when I fired up my sewing machine to hem some jeans the light didn't work. My machine was my grandmothers and I am fairly confident that it's older than I am so I think it's time to get a new one. I saw that in the first post a lot of people have a computerized Brother. What do you think, should I go with that one? Is there a comparable Singer around the same price? My sewing skills are...moderate and I think my ancient machine is holding me back.

I love my Babylock Ellageo, which I bought second hand on Ebay. I actually only embroider with it since I have a Brother machine that I leave set up for sewing. I am happy with the Brother machine too but it is not as sturdy as my old 1965 machine that I had to replace. Lots of parts on the newer machines are made out of plastic instead of metal. My friend has a Singer, which I believe is the Futura??? She is not as happy with it as I am with mine. But it could just be her machine. She bought it about 3 years ago.

Dorine- I knew that the Donald outfit had to be yours. It had those wonderful appliques that wrapped all the way around the skirt. Great job!

WARNING!!!
PICTURE HEAVY POST AHEAD!!!​

As promised, here are pictures from Finn & Savannah's 1st day of preschool. They're in the 3's "Teddy Bear" class this year. I am in LOVE with these pictures - but the two of them crack me up, because I swear they're like an old married couple!!!
DSC_4460.jpg

DSC_4463.jpg

DSC_4480.jpg

K-I-S-S-I-N-G
DSC_4481.jpg

Mr. ShortStuff alone
DSC_4487.jpg

Bigger than they are Backpacks:
DSC_4508.jpg

Hand in hand down the hallway:
DSC_4518.jpg

Amber & Savannah:
DSC_4527.jpg

Me with the littles:
DSC_4538.jpg

And - of course - because it's what they ALWAYS seem to do first when they get to school, they started playing in the kitchen and couldn't care less that we were leaving:
DSC_4549.jpg

Thanks for looking! Oh! And I definitely think Savannah either needs bloomers under her skirt or I need to add another tier of fabric - her skirt is just a little short in the back :rolleyes1

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

:cheer2:

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. i got my machine fixed and it sews like it was new. The friend I made the tote bag for loved it and now keeps dreaming up projects for me. I'm going to attempt to teach her to quilt. Although, I hope she still has a sewing machine cause she gave me hers.
The fabric department at the Walmart i work at is doing reall well. One funny thing is that my daughter is the department manager over it. She doesn't sew.
Liz

:lmao:

P9077166.jpg

P9077169.jpg

So cute!!! I just love it! And I love that you put her name on her shirt - no paper name tag for that girl! :thumbsup2

LOVED this one too!! I'm a bit disappointed to learn that you were not modeling it though! I thought you were very brave to wear butt ruffles.

Sorry I disappointed you. I have no problem wearing butt ruffles - especially to Disney - however, when my butt is busting out over the top of the ruffles... :rolleyes1 Houston, we have a problem.

th_IMG_0759.jpg

th_IMG_0760.jpg

th_IMG_0761.jpg

th_IMG_0762.jpg

Awesome!!! I just love these - you did a fantastic job! :thumbsup2

I so knew that was your outfit! I may have not known about your favorite ride, but I did know Donald was your favorite! It must have taken forever to do -- all that detail! Skinny up so Donald can see you in it!!!! It's fabulous!!!

Well, if I keep sewing the way I have been - I won't have time to eat and the outfit will fit just fine. :rotfl2:

I LOVED this one! I voted for it. The butt ruffles made me smile! Plus Donald is my son's favorite character.

Lynn

Thanks! :)

Dorine - your Donald outfit is wonderful! A well deserved win!

IMG_0912.jpg

Thank you - and I loved your skirt - I thought for sure it would win, because you chose such great fabrics, it fit you really nice and it's a great skirt.

WARNING!!!

As promised, here are pictures from Finn & Savannah's 1st day of preschool. They're in the 3's "Teddy Bear" class this year. I am in LOVE with these pictures - but the two of them crack me up, because I swear they're like an old married couple!!!
DSC_4460.jpg

DSC_4463.jpg

DSC_4480.jpg

K-I-S-S-I-N-G
DSC_4481.jpg

Mr. ShortStuff alone
DSC_4487.jpg

DSC_4508.jpg

DSC_4518.jpg

Amber & Savannah:
DSC_4527.jpg

Me with the littles:
DSC_4538.jpg

And - of course - because it's what they ALWAYS seem to do first when they get to school, they started playing in the kitchen and couldn't care less that we were leaving:
DSC_4549.jpg

Thanks for looking! Oh! And I definitely think Savannah either needs bloomers under her skirt or I need to add another tier of fabric - her skirt is just a little short in the back :rolleyes1

Soooo floppin' adorable!!!!! :lovestruc They are so sweet!@!!!!

D~

WARNING!!!

DSC_4460.jpg

DSC_4463.jpg

DSC_4480.jpg

K-I-S-S-I-N-G
DSC_4481.jpg

Mr. ShortStuff alone
DSC_4487.jpg

DSC_4508.jpg

DSC_4518.jpg

Amber & Savannah:
DSC_4527.jpg

Me with the littles:
DSC_4538.jpg

DSC_4549.jpg

OMG, they are just so stinking cute :love::love::love::love: love the kiss photo how sweet!

Loved this!!!! Great job!

IMG_18492.jpg

D~

KNEW this was yours!!! Simply Fabulous!!!! Here's to sewing lots and it fitting properly so you can wear it to Tusker House to impress Mr Duck himself!

P9077166.jpg

P9077169.jpg

Precious!!!!!

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg
LOVE it all!!! Great job!!!!

IMG_0912.jpg

C.

I want this skirt!!!! Simply lovely!!!

And thanks for oohing over Finn & Vannah :-) One of my friends on Facebook commented that there are going to be a lot of upset people if the two of them don't wind up together years from now . . . I'd have to agree (and he'd have ROCKIN' in-laws!!!!) . . . even though I know the chances are slim . . . isn't it silly the things we think of for our children???

Since the family has received my Big Give items, I can now share them on here. I did a desserts twirly skirt and an ice cream t-shirt for Katelyn, I made Dad a Mickey ice cream bar shirt and Mom got the Mickey cupcake shirt.

P8310062.jpg

P8310061.jpg

Here is a better picture of the skirt:
P9010067.jpg

off topic but i really need some advice...

I haven't been around lately because we have had so much going on.
I needed to try to get rid of some of our homeschool stuff, so I listed some of it on ebay. One item was Switched on Schoolhouse 3rd grade.(a computer program) We used it this past year with no problems.
The buyer had sent me a message a couple of days ago saying she was having problems getting it installed, I told her that it had worked fine for us and that if she still could not get it to work to try calling SOS support.
Now the buyer says that it wont work and has filed a dispute with paypal. I was just wondering how i should handle this.
Do i just go ahead and give refund? How do I make sure that they send the item back?

Thanks for any advice.

off topic but i really need some advice...

I haven't been around lately because we have had so much going on.
I needed to try to get rid of some of our homeschool stuff, so I listed some of it on ebay. One item was Switched on Schoolhouse 3rd grade.(a computer program) We used it this past year with no problems.
The buyer had sent me a message a couple of days ago saying she was having problems getting it installed, I told her that it had worked fine for us and that if she still could not get it to work to try calling SOS support.
Now the buyer says that it wont work and has filed a dispute with paypal. I was just wondering how i should handle this.
Do i just go ahead and give refund? How do I make sure that they send the item back?

Thanks for any advice.

I would say refund granted as soon as item is returned, and in the same shape it was as when it was shipped out to the buyer, and not a minute before.

Anywho - I was super sad becasue I did not get my entry finished in time. Kernnedy would not cooprorate with pictures and it did not look nearly as cute on a hanger as it did on her. Plus I couldn't get it uploaded - it keep timing out. I did a color changing outfit inspired by Animator's Palate. It starts out black and white and changes to color. I finally learned how to use my ruffler! :banana::banana::banana: I wanted to come on here and celebrate but then it would have given my project away - so alas, I celebrated in silence, and for what?! I still don't have a picture to show you guys. I also printed on fabric, used my machine to attach buttons and handstitched the opening on an A-line shirt. I really challenged myself this week! I guess I could use the one I make for my older daughter for week 6 - I did kind of drafted my own pattern for it. Maybe I will do that, I still haven't made hers yet.

I am loving all the new outfits and projects posted. I need to go back and quote them, but after you get behind - it takes awhile to get caught back up!

I really hope you post pictures, it sounds amazing!

OMGosh I just love this top. I just may need to make me a top like this since it is a style I buy all the time for me.

Thanks!

I loved this top - and it looks really good on you.

IMG_18492.jpg

Off to work on another outfit.
1502025u1z9i6a0je.gif

D~

Thanks! Yours was adorable! I knew it was yours because of the amazing detail in the applique and the design wrapped around the back. :thumbsup2

P9077166.jpg

P9077169.jpg

Beautiful and I love the name on the shirt, so cute!!

I loved this top!!!!

Thank you!

th_IMG_0759.jpg

th_IMG_0760.jpg

th_IMG_0761.jpg

th_IMG_0762.jpg

All very cute, and great job! Does not look like first projects!

Ellen - that is an AWESOME top!!
Thanks Wendy!

I knew that was yours b/c of Megan's Rosetta! I thought maybe you mase the shirt for her. It turned out awesome. I eventually want to get that pattern for myself along with the peasant for woman (Megan maybe???) but I have so many other projects to finish and BGs to work on that I can't even think about sewing for myself. I love how you made it a top -- I really like the style.
Thanks Andrea! I knew people would figure it out after Lisa posted Megan's bag. I was happy with how it came out as a top too. I would love the dress some day, but I figured I would be more likely to wear a top.

HELP!!

Okay, so as you all know, I am going on a cruise next summer and I am trying to pace myself so the 58 outfits I have to make don't kill me. I now have a notebook that is color organized with ideas, fabric choices, and measurements (so the above about saving my sanity is pretty much a losing battle). ANYWAY. I saw a picture of a Vida (I am guessing) that had the following in the middle:

mickeyandminnieonanchor8x12-1.jpg

I can't even remember where I saw it to ask if I could case it. Does anyone remember a dress with this in the middle? It might have been minnie dot on the sides??

Thank you for even trying to remember. I feel really old. Just sayin'

I am thinking it may have been as part of a big give? Not sure if that helps.

(iPod posting while I get my kids to sleep, so no multi-quote. Sorry!)

Ellen - I also loved your top!

IMG_0912.jpg

We were just getting home from church the day of the picture, so it has already been worn in a non-Disney setting. :) I chose the green print from the Snow White collection because I thought it matched nicely with Peter Pan. I was inspired by this pattern, but just frankenpatterned it from a Simplicity a-line I already had.

Can't wait to see who made all the other great items! I loved the camera bag and strap!

Regards,
C.

Thanks! And I loved your skirt, and it looks like it fits great!!

Loved this!!!! Great job!

Thanks you!

Since the family has received my Big Give items, I can now share them on here. I did a desserts twirly skirt and an ice cream t-shirt for Katelyn, I made Dad a Mickey ice cream bar shirt and Mom got the Mickey cupcake shirt.

P8310062.jpg

P8310061.jpg

Here is a better picture of the skirt:
P9010067.jpg

I really love how these came out, great job!

Finn and Savannah are ADORABLE!!!!!

We had a great time at the beach last weekend babysitting the kids. Tim is already asking if his parents can go away again next year - lol - so we can be together!

Pizza picnic at sunset park!
102_4082.jpg

Mini golf...
102_4085.jpg

Playground pics...
102_4112.jpg

102_4109.jpg

102_4105.jpg

102_4102.jpg

Playing spider and flies - Billy was the spider...lol
102_4111.jpg

Ride back home..
102_4114.jpg

I honestly cant believe summer is over....Im so sad about that!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter