• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Thanks for sharing! The fabric folding is amazing!!! I'm headed out to shop for fabric for outfits this evening.

I do have a question for you all. Do you buy fabric with specific projects in mind, or do you buy fabrics here and there and then inspiration hits?

Most of the time I have a project in mind, but if its something I really like...like licensed and its not to $$, I wll buy ahead. I have to watch my budget cause we live on one income...so I can SAH.

Got back from our trip last night. This was an awesome trip filled with so much magic it was unreal.
There is wayy to much to quote but I love seeing all the outfits and glad that I read folks got out of the way of the storm ok.
Side note my DD actually got some compliments on her outfits which I loved cause well Im still just learning how to do this so that was fun. She got picked to be Princess of the Day in a cute tutu outfit that she wore (course now she is convinced that this should remain her title for always!)
DH has decided we are going back next year for 14 days so I have decided this gives me a year to actually make something. And we want to do MNSSHP so I will be scouring all the pages to find something.

Glad to hear you had a good time! Love the Princess of the Day!

Oh yes, we have a shorts length and skirt length rule as well. Truth be told, dd has some shorts that are short and we probably broke that rule many times, but they are not short enough that her cheeks are hanging out (not that she has anything to hang out -- she takes after her father figure wise -- thank goodness!). In general we dress very appropriate. I have never put my children in any t's in poor taste, they are always well groomed, and nothing revealing). The teacher said to keep a sweater at school anyway b/c she keeps the classroom at 74º (eeks!). So hopefully my dd will be fine in those shirts and can wear a sweater inside and take it off outside.

And yes, name in permanent marker on the lunch box and dated every day!
True, dresses are dresses! I am thankful we don't have uniforms. The kids go to a Montessori school which is all about independence and being who you are and not conforming to standards so to me a uniform defeats some of that philosophy, though there is a Montessori school we toured in our area that required uniforms. Are your kids at least allowed to wear shorts and skirts?

I am fine with that, especially since there have been several times I wanted to order fabric and a week doesn't give enough time for that. Then again, I'm :scared1: of the potentially very challenging rules!

I do both. I have learned if I see a fabric I like I should buy it right then and there b/c I'll eventually want it and it will be gone. I also buy on sale and remnants when I can. I have the problem of coming up with ideas and wanting a particular fabric and then can't find what I'm looking for. Totally ruined my PR for this week!

welcome home! I hope you have some pics to share!

Yes the kids have kacki shorts and skirts that are "approved". Montessori here is only prek & K. In my area they went to uniforms for $ purposes and for the High Schools...they had to due to modesty, & violence/ gangs (My town has a high level of violence given it's population and a good amount of poverty/ drugs), in the private schools its to discourage kids "showing off" with the newest styles, most of the parents seem ok with the arrangement, many private schools wear jeans and an approved fundraiser tshirt on fridays.

Which one of these is me?:cool1:or:scared1:

Today, we are officially in the teens. I'm excited but I have so much left to do. I am one of those weird people who packs at least a month in advance. Yeah, not happening as I still have too much to make! I have started gathering toiletries and such but that is it. I did finish two skirts for my dd last night. I don't even know if I am doing any shirts for me or dh for this trip. dh is willing to wear them and even match the kids, so I really feel I should take advantage of it, but I'm running out of time.

Anyway, here are a few more pix of completed outfits:
8-28-11059.jpg

8-28-11060.jpg

8-28-11070.jpg

8-28-11069.jpg

Thanks so much for looking.

Aww love your fabrics! hope you have a great time you are doing great!

Today, we are officially in the teens. I'm excited but I have so much left to do. I am one of those weird people who packs at least a month in advance. Yeah, not happening as I still have too much to make! I have started gathering toiletries and such but that is it. I did finish two skirts for my dd last night. I don't even know if I am doing any shirts for me or dh for this trip. dh is willing to wear them and even match the kids, so I really feel I should take advantage of it, but I'm running out of time.

th_8-28-11059.jpg

th_8-28-11060.jpg

th_8-28-11070.jpg

th_8-28-11069.jpg

Those are great outfits.

So my special needs son's teacher sent home a note telling me we need to talk, and asked when I was available. I told her I was available on Wed afternoons, Thurs and Friday mornings. So what time does she send me the appt time?

Thursday afternoon! I told her fine ...but I would only be available for 5 minutes because we had to leave for therapy appts!

Does anyone else think she doesn't pay attention?

Ok...I need a fanny/waist pack. I know they are ugly. I know they are old fashioned. I know the fashion police will come and get me. But I can't carry a bag in the park anymore since my neck surgery. The doctor suggested an orthopedic one (costing upwards of $50.) but I am too cheap for that!

I have found some online, but I don't have time for them to be delivered.

I have checked all the outlet stores, Family dollar, Dollar tree, even WalMart and KMart and Target. I have checked Dick's Sporting good (thinking they would have one in the biking section) The only things I can find are for either hunting or fishing...and I really don't want to wear camo to Disney!

Does anyone have anymore ideas?

(and yes, I have at least 10 some where in this house, but can't find them to save my life!)

I sure am whinny today!

Nini
It does seem like the teacher is not paying much attention. I hope that things improve since it does not seem like school is starting off on the right foot this year.

Have you thought about sewing yourself a cute fannypack? I have a pattern for one that you do in the hoop but I can't remember where I got it. Could you possibly do a small sized backpack instead of a bag on your shoulder? Last time we went, each of the kids and I carried mini backpacks which worked out great. I bought them at Walmart for like $5 each.

8-28-11059.jpg

8-28-11060.jpg

8-28-11070.jpg

8-28-11069.jpg

Very cute outfits! I love the skirt!

NEW BIG GIVE!!!!!!!

Please come check out Princess Lisa's Big Give!!!!

This Give is for Blessedmom4's daughter Lisa. This family has been through SO much in the past years, and this year. I would just love to go way over the top with this family and spoil them! (remember there is no limit to the number of outfits and items we can send them!)

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=princesslisa&thread=53&page=1

(I'm going outside for a bit, so if you sign up and I don't answer you right away, don't get worried, I'll have everything updated as soon as I come back in)

D~ we received the dress today.....I decided not to tell Megan about staying at POFQ just yet, think it will be more fun to see her face when we pull up to the resort.....she does know we are going on the carriage ride at PO as a way to check out the resort of our next stay....she loves it and is planning on taking all three of your creations and the one Andrea made her on our trip and will pose her doll around the resort!

she didn't get what the embellishment was at first....she loves it! and thank you for your sweet note and she loves that her first two creations are on your card!

P1080556.jpg

P1080557.jpg

P1080558.jpg

just a quick update on my DD Brendi and her pregnancy...i am so worn out i am just going to copy/past the email i sent to friends/family...thank you all again for the prayers...not sure how much you know about whats up with brendi but i will try to make it sghort...hehe...she thought might be pg on the 19th took test got a neg...started that day....had reg cycle. then took 3 ovualtion test...all pos...weird so did preg test 4 days in a row.,all pos...knew things were not right. told me at work monday morn. started to hurt,was laying in floor at naptime in pain,so went to er after carrider line { 1st day of pre-k} they did blood work and ultrasound,no visable baby but lots of cyts on ovaries...hcg level at 800...told to go to ob/gyn on thurs. fro retest...spotting/bad pain tues. am back to er restes levels,640...
calls ob/gyn gets appt. for today and this is what was found out today...
well we were back at docs with Brendi today,hcg levels were 805 by their test ,up form the 640 on tues at ER which was down from the 800 at ER on mon.???confusing...docs office said they didn't get the 640 reported level/ anyway...doc says because of size of the many cyst on both ovaries { one ovaries cyst are large and have endometriosis on them so will require surgery} they can't tell where the baby is because eit is small and also because the cyst are covering a lot so hard to see tubes...doc siad baby is more than likely in the tube,but no idea which one so doesn't wanna go in and do surgery and mess up tubes without seeing a baby IN it. If baby is in uterus and just small he doesn't wanna risk it. he siad he is sure in years gone by many pregnancies were ended with the docs over reacting and going in and not knowing where baby was...he sent her home,back for hormone { hcg } levels and ultrasound again on tues. back to ER if severe pain due to tubual rupture and then they'd do surgery and maybe get cyst at same time...
he thinks she got pregnant on aug. 8th and the bleeding on the 19 th was the uterus getting the hormone signal " baby, baby , baby " but the baby didn't move down so the uterus did it's thing since no baby to keep. he said all good pregnancies have cyst on the ovaries,the egg comes from the cyst and the cyst sends the hormones/nutrients for the baby until 12 weeks when the placenta picks up on the care of the baby.YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!
so once again we wait and pray that all turns out well and that Brendi stays safe and healthy. this is all so sad,scary and heartbreaking....kids don'ty know what's up but Elli keeps sayng her mom is preg...she can tell by the way she walks...sweet lil girl...they want a baby so badly...love you all and thank you for prayers

just a quick update on my DD Brendi and her pregnancy...i am so worn out i am just going to copy/past the email i sent to friends/family...thank you all again for the prayers...not sure how much you know about whats up with brendi but i will try to make it sghort...hehe...she thought might be pg on the 19th took test got a neg...started that day....had reg cycle. then took 3 ovualtion test...all pos...weird so did preg test 4 days in a row.,all pos...knew things were not right. told me at work monday morn. started to hurt,was laying in floor at naptime in pain,so went to er after carrider line { 1st day of pre-k} they did blood work and ultrasound,no visable baby but lots of cyts on ovaries...hcg level at 800...told to go to ob/gyn on thurs. fro retest...spotting/bad pain tues. am back to er restes levels,640...
well we were back at docs with Brendi today,hcg levels were 805 by their test ,up form the 640 on tues at ER which was down from the 800 at ER on mon.???confusing...docs office said they didn't get the 640 reported level/ anyway...doc says because of size of the many cyst on both ovaries { one ovaries cyst are large and have endometriosis on them so will require surgery} they can't tell where the baby is because eit is small and also because the cyst are covering a lot so hard to see tubes...doc siad baby is more than likely in the tube,but no idea which one so doesn't wanna go in and do surgery and mess up tubes without seeing a baby IN it. If baby is in uterus and just small he doesn't wanna risk it. he siad he is sure in years gone by many pregnancies were ended with the docs over reacting and going in and not knowing where baby was...he sent her home,back for hormone { hcg } levels and ultrasound again on tues. back to ER if severe pain due to tubual rupture and then they'd do surgery and maybe get cyst at same time...
he thinks she got pregnant on aug. 8th and the bleeding on the 19 th was the uterus getting the hormone signal " baby, baby , baby " but the baby didn't move down so the uterus did it's thing since no baby to keep. he said all good pregnancies have cyst on the ovaries,the egg comes from the cyst and the cyst sends the hormones/nutrients for the baby until 12 weeks when the placenta picks up on the care of the baby.YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!
so once again we wait and pray that all turns out well and that Brendi stays safe and healthy. this is all so sad,scary and heartbreaking....kids don'ty know what's up but Elli keeps sayng her mom is preg...she can tell by the way she walks...sweet lil girl...they want a baby so badly...love you all and thank you for prayers

So scary for all of you.. Prayers coming your way.

(I knew about the cyst part of that. When you release an egg it is a mini explosion. When doing fertility treatments and pills I felt like that every month! I had multiple eggs released each month and none ever took...until we quit trying!)

Nini

Joni posted it Monday morning -- way before you even woke up! Here it is:
Disboutique Runway - Week 5
It has been great fun to challenge ourselves and see what we can make.
This week is going to stretch our abilites just a little more...

Disboutique Runway - Week 5

Challenge: Make an outfit inspired by Disney Dining.

Rules:
1. Can be any type of project. ie: dress, shirt, bag...
2. Must include a new sewing technique that you have never used before.
This can be shirring, smoking, hand embroidery, zippers. The list is not inclusive, just an idea of techniques.
3. By nature of this challenge, must be made this week.
4. Include a close up picture of your new sewing technique and a description of what you did.

The winner of this week's challenge will recieve a very cool prize... 1 yard of custom quilting weight fabric from http://www.spoonflower.com/. This site you can design your own fabric and have it printed. Go check it out. (I ordered a couple yards and I am waiting for it to be shipped.) Of course, you will also get to be this week's Sewing Princess. Go forth and sew!

This one is easy for me as there are so many things I haven't done yet. I have not done any of the examples she listed -- never shirred, never smocked, never did a zipper and never hand embroidered. There are a few other things I want to try as well -- I would love to try a reverse applique and I would love to try an in the hoop project.

What is not easy for me is that I can not find the fabric I want in any store near me and I couldn't even find a substitute fabric yesterday. That's the hardest part about the one week challenge -- ebay and etsy have the fabric as do a couple of on-line stores, but I am not willing to pay for overnight shipping. And while I compromised last week and did something different than I wanted to, I really don't want to compromise this week. I have one more fabric store to drag the kids to this morning.

I don't see that Joni has posted a poll yet for week 4 though. I'm dying to see all the adult creations! Joni must be working this week or having internet issues.

Beautiful family! David looks soooooo young!

What a sweet story! I had really hard pregnancies (just very bad pregnancy sickness -- 9 mos with #1 but only 7 months with #2). But it is an experience I cherish and I can't even begin to imagine how painful it would be for a mother to not be able to experience it for herself. But to still be able to have a child of your own with a surrogate is a gift that I know these mothers are forever indebted to you for. Thank you for sharing your story -- I love anything to do with childbirth and hearing such wonderful, positive stories always puts sunshine in my day.
thank yu...i know he still looks like he did in high school...they were in marching band togetehr { he a year ahead w/ my other dd Candice} and he had a crush on her,she never knew,he said he remembers coming to the house once with my dd Candice and friends and he tried to talk to her but she ignored him! hehe,he hug out alot with a friend of Brendi's even after high school but they weren't in contact...then when she got a divorce he found out,tracked her down on fb and asked her out,1st she was not sure about him becaus ehe is very affectionate unlike her ex,she wasn'yt used to it then realized it was true love! and thats all she wrote,1st date in jan. engaged in may { i didn't find out till july when they posted on fb! she's so sneaky sometimes...lol} they had waited till he met the kids and they all got along and the kids and he loved each other then went forward...married in march...he is a blessing and everyone thinks he's a baby but he's 29! sorry to go on and on but they are on my mind...thank you fro all prayers...

So scary for all of you.. Prayers coming your way.

(I knew about the cyst part of that. When you release an egg it is a mini explosion. When doing fertility treatments and pills I felt like that every month! I had multiple eggs released each month and none ever took...until we quit trying!)

Nini
oh man...i have heard of that happening like when you adopt then get pregnant...amazing!
the doctor asked Brendi fi they were doing fertility treatments,not sure why but no they aren't. she had no problems getting pregnant with Elli & Blaze and was sorta letting nature take it's course this time. we love the doc she saw today,she'd not seen him last 2 pregnancies but he delivered my twin granddaugters and their lil sis too! wonderful bedside manner,tells you like it is even if it's bad/scary news and does in in regular people speak...hehe...when older dd had her lil Chloe { she'd been high risk,had cerclage both times,bed rest from 20wks and 16 wks. so had signed to tie tubes} when he pulled Chloe out { repete c-section which i was blessed to be at both} and he saw her face and said " when you see this face you won't tie your tubes! she's beautiful!~ " well she was and she did...lol...regrets it at times but blessed with the girls she has! sorry to go on and on...i seem to be unable to hush tonight....thnak you fro your prayers ~Beth~

Beth....continued prayers for Brendi and your family, keep the faith :goodvibes

So my special needs son's teacher sent home a note telling me we need to talk, and asked when I was available. I told her I was available on Wed afternoons, Thurs and Friday mornings. So what time does she send me the appt time?

Thursday afternoon! I told her fine ...but I would only be available for 5 minutes because we had to leave for therapy appts!

Does anyone else think she doesn't pay attention?

Ok...I need a fanny/waist pack. I know they are ugly. I know they are old fashioned. I know the fashion police will come and get me. But I can't carry a bag in the park anymore since my neck surgery. The doctor suggested an orthopedic one (costing upwards of $50.) but I am too cheap for that!

I have found some online, but I don't have time for them to be delivered.

I have checked all the outlet stores, Family dollar, Dollar tree, even WalMart and KMart and Target. I have checked Dick's Sporting good (thinking they would have one in the biking section) The only things I can find are for either hunting or fishing...and I really don't want to wear camo to Disney!

Does anyone have anymore ideas?

(and yes, I have at least 10 some where in this house, but can't find them to save my life!)

I sure am whinny today!

Nini

Nini,

I live maybe 5 minutes from Tanger Outlet in Locust Grove and they have an Eddie Bauer.. and I THINK I've seen them there before. Would you like me to run there and check for you tomorrow? And if so, what price range are you looking for?

Beth.. you guys are on my prayer list too. :)

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. Sending prayers your way. :hug:

Ok....so far behind I don't even remember what page I left off on. I have been trying to get last minute orders done before my DGS arrives (due in 12 days now :) ) I want to comment on a few though and then I will go back and catch up.

ivey_family - love your DHs Cars shirt. I bet he will wear it and love it. Tell him I said he will be the Coolest dad in WDW...

Mydisneytrio - I loved the cruise outfit you made. That is just adorable.

Scrap heaven - The minnie dress is adorable and that puppy dress was just too cute. I have that applique too and never thought to put it on houndstooth...what a cute idea.

Carol - your Tangled applique is just amazing! Can't wait to see the whole dress (assuming you haven't already finished and posted it...I am just that far behind).

DisneyJazz - prayers for your DD...

Project Runway - all of the entries for Week 3 were out of this world. Congrats Ellen on winning...it is truly a beautiful dress (as was the model).
Fruto76 - loved your dress too!! I had to print out that tutorial...that will for sure be on my "to-do" list!!

Here are a couple things I have been working on this week....
A Cinderella dress for a friend's granddaughter...she had a cinderella party for her 3rd Birthday. I loved Heather's appliques. These are the first appliques I ever bought (over a year ago) and this is the first time I have stitched most of them out. Heather - just so you know...I think you are a genius!! The Carriage has "C" for Cinderella on the door, the pillow has "PC" for Prince Charming on it, and the wand has "FGM" for the Fairy Godmother on it. Love them!! :love:
SDC16356.jpg

SDC16357.jpg

I also made some more burp cloths for a cousin.
SDC16386.jpg

And a diaper bag for my DD....She found the ACU camo someplace and just knew she needed a diaper bag out of it.
SDC16393.jpg

SDC16390.jpg

So happy all of you on the East Coast are back home and safe (with minimal damage).

Now going back to catch up!!

A Cinderella dress for a friend's granddaughter...she had a cinderella party for her 3rd Birthday. I loved Heather's appliques. These are the first appliques I ever bought (over a year ago) and this is the first time I have stitched most of them out. Heather - just so you know...I think you are a genius!! The Carriage has "C" for Cinderella on the door, the pillow has "PC" for Prince Charming on it, and the wand has "FGM" for the Fairy Godmother on it. Love them!! :love:
th_SDC16356.jpg

th_SDC16357.jpg

th_SDC16386.jpg

And a diaper bag for my DD....She found the ACU camo someplace and just knew she needed a diaper bag out of it.
th_SDC16393.jpg

th_SDC16390.jpg

So happy all of you on the East Coast are back home and safe (with minimal damage).

The dress is absolutely adorable. And the burps and diaper bag look great.

SDC16356.jpg

SDC16357.jpg

SDC16386.jpg

SDC16393.jpg

SDC16390.jpg

Everything looks great! I love the fabrics for the Cinderella dress. I have a little bit of the same Cinderella fabric left. I don't know what I will do with it, but I love it! I wonder if I have enough for a stripwork jumper???? The burp cloths are adorable, it is almost a shame to let the baby use them!:laughing:

Beth- I am thinking of you and your daughter. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. I hope everything is ok with both your daughter and her pregnancy.

NEW BIG GIVE!!!!!!!

This Give is for Blessedmom4's daughter Lisa. This family has been through SO much in the past years, and this year. I would just love to go way over the top with this family and spoil them! (remember there is no limit to the number of outfits and items we can send them!)

http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=princesslisa&thread=53&page=1

(I'm going outside for a bit, so if you sign up and I don't answer you right away, don't get worried, I'll have everything updated as soon as I come back in)
I had been following this sweet family's PTR. They really deserve the give. I'm sad that I can't help out with this one, but am still trying to find a way to make it work.

D~ we received the dress today.....I decided not to tell Megan about staying at POFQ just yet, think it will be more fun to see her face when we pull up to the resort.....she does know we are going on the carriage ride at PO as a way to check out the resort of our next stay....she loves it and is planning on taking all three of your creations and the one Andrea made her on our trip and will pose her doll around the resort!

she didn't get what the embellishment was at first....she loves it! and thank you for your sweet note and she loves that her first two creations are on your card!

P1080556.jpg

P1080557.jpg

P1080558.jpg
How sweet!
Continue to keep you in our prayers. May God be with you.
Ok....so far behind I don't even remember what page I left off on. I have been trying to get last minute orders done before my DGS arrives (due in 12 days now :) ) I want to comment on a few though and then I will go back and catch up.

ivey_family - love your DHs Cars shirt. I bet he will wear it and love it. Tell him I said he will be the Coolest dad in WDW...

Mydisneytrio - I loved the cruise outfit you made. That is just adorable.

Scrap heaven - The minnie dress is adorable and that puppy dress was just too cute. I have that applique too and never thought to put it on houndstooth...what a cute idea.

Carol - your Tangled applique is just amazing! Can't wait to see the whole dress (assuming you haven't already finished and posted it...I am just that far behind).

DisneyJazz - prayers for your DD...

Project Runway - all of the entries for Week 3 were out of this world. Congrats Ellen on winning...it is truly a beautiful dress (as was the model).
Fruto76 - loved your dress too!! I had to print out that tutorial...that will for sure be on my "to-do" list!!

SDC16356.jpg

SDC16357.jpg

SDC16386.jpg

SDC16393.jpg

SDC16390.jpg

Ooooh, 12 Days!!!! How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. Sending pixie dust for a smooth and healthy delivery. All your creations are gorgeous as always. Love that diaper bag. The Cindy dress is beautiful!

Since it is impossible to have a watermark as stunning as Cheryl's, I would make yours to match the labels you made for the clothing. I can truly understand Cheryl's need for her watermark. I am certain there is a vast amount of competition in the business of making clothing for 2 liter soda bottles :rotfl:

Yes, you should see all the Etsy shops catering to the 2 liter soda bottles... that's probably why Cheryl can't find a Mr. Pibb...

I don't think it's the clothes people will copy but those wigs, now those have to be safeguarded...

Agreed. :thumbsup2

I finished DD2's dress today and I like it better now. I don't think DD5's dress twirled because of the wind. They both twirled nicely inside tonight.

th_IMG_8201.jpg
th_IMG_8197.jpg
th_IMG_8211.jpg

27 days to go and I have 2 dresses and 12 shirts to make. No problem!

Gorgeous, as usual!

th_8-28-11059.jpg

th_8-28-11060.jpg

th_8-28-11070.jpg

th_8-28-11069.jpg

These are great!

th_P1080556.jpg
th_P1080557.jpg
th_P1080558.jpg

I am glad you received it and that Megan loves it! :) The biggest joy for me, about making these outfits, is the pictures I get from people with their kids loving them - that's the BEST!!! :lovestruc THanks so much for always sharing with me! :)

I continue to pray for Brendi and her family.

th_SDC16356.jpg

th_SDC16357.jpg

th_SDC16386.jpg

th_SDC16393.jpg

th_SDC16390.jpg

Everything is totally amazing, as usual.

Another trip update....
So, BFF and I came to our senses. Doesn't make sense for her to spend the $$ to bring her dd down, and only get to spend one day in the parks with her. I am fine with that - because the more I thought about it, I'd rather go with my girls... Sooooo.....

My girls and I are planning an all girls trip for March 2012... during their spring break... staying at POFQ (really struggled with where to stay) with FD... 8 days. Super excited - I plan to book this afternoon. I'd really like to go with bff and her dd, but DH said (after the mass chaos of the girls playing catch up before our trip to The Netherlands) - under no circumstances can the girls miss that much school again. So, they are going to miss 2 days, so we can check in on time for the last day of FD. ADRs open up for our dates in 8 days - so I will be booking in the nick of time.

So, in an effort to pay for this trip... I need to make (and sell) 52 outfits before Christmas... which is (roughly) 4 outfits a week. Do you think I can do it? I think the sanity fairy is going to be visiting my sewing room very shortly. :wizard:

D~

th_8-28-11059.jpg
th_8-28-11060.jpg
th_8-28-11070.jpg
th_8-28-11069.jpg

Love all your outfits.

NEW BIG GIVE!!!!!!!

:yay: I am so happy that they have been chosen. This family has been through so much lately and could use a little spoiling.

th_P1080558.jpg

♥Love this dress and love POFQ.:love: My mother loves this resort better than AKL!

th_SDC16356.jpg
th_SDC16357.jpg

th_SDC16386.jpg

th_SDC16393.jpg
th_SDC16390.jpg

Everything is just beautiful. Only 11 days until little Jonathan is here:banana:

Another trip update....
So, BFF and I came to our senses. Doesn't make sense for her to spend the $$ to bring her dd down, and only get to spend one day in the parks with her. I am fine with that - because the more I thought about it, I'd rather go with my girls... Sooooo.....

My girls and I are planning an all girls trip for March 2012... during their spring break... staying at POFQ (really struggled with where to stay) with FD... 8 days. Super excited - I plan to book this afternoon. I'd really like to go with bff and her dd, but DH said (after the mass chaos of the girls playing catch up before our trip to The Netherlands) - under no circumstances can the girls miss that much school again. So, they are going to miss 2 days, so we can check in on time for the last day of FD. ADRs open up for our dates in 8 days - so I will be booking in the nick of time.

So, in an effort to pay for this trip... I need to make (and sell) 52 outfits before Christmas... which is (roughly) 4 outfits a week. Do you think I can do it? I think the sanity fairy is going to be visiting my sewing room very shortly. :wizard:

D~

:woohoo: This will give you more time to make some outfits for Disney too.

:thumbsup2 You can do it. With Christmas around the corner you should make out great. Also I really haven't seen too many outfits for the new dolls that just came out.

Another trip update....

D~
That sounds like a fun plan. You and your girls will have a great time together at Disney. I am sure that you can sell lots of your beautiful AG outfits. They are unique! Maybe it you make a few of the same design at a time it would make it faster and easier to get a bunch ready to sell. Also, can you find a local craft fair to sell at between Thanksgiving and Christmas? I did a few last year and I did very well at them. I had a girlfriend who partnered with me so I wasn't alone. We each made and sold different things so we didn't compete with each other. I ended up having a great time at all 3 craft fairs that we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter