Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I found a second hand serger for $20. It's a Singer Tiny Serger #TS380. It doesn't cut the fabric.

I don't have a serger, do you think this would be worth getting? Should I wait and try and get a better one?

RUN AWAY

Seriously you might as well throw your money away, after threading the B, I used it for a total of 10minutes, most of which I spent screwing with broken threads and it's fastest speed is SLOW SLOWER AND SLOWEST.....

:badpc:

The Princess Grand daughter is having a birthday on Thursday...the big FOUR! I have been having a problem finding something for her birthday when she told me today she wants some Barbie clothes...BARBIE Clothes!!??? The very idea of those tiny stitches are giving me a headache!

Does anyone know of any good Barbie patterns. I found one on YCMT, but they look a little plain. (almost ugly!) There is almost zilch in the free patterns for Barbie. (her American Girl cousins have lots and lots of options!)

Yes, I know I am waiting until the last minute...but hey that is what grandmothers are for...right!

Nini

Nini!!! In my browsing of pinterest I just found a whole bunch of Barbie™ Clothes Tutes!!!!
http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2010/09/froufy-barbie-skirt-tutorial.html

http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2010/08/barbie-dress-tutorial.html

IMG_9818.jpg

Um, I want one of these dresses for ME! Too bad I'm not shaped like Barbie®!!!:rotfl2:

[Would anyone like to do a pair of decopage jeans for our Big Give girlie Katelyn? She wears a size 10? or, Family Tie Dye shirts (there are 3 people in this family) Thanks for considering!!!

What do you normally put on the Family Tie Die shirts? Is it just a mickey head or for a certain event? I can order tie dye shirts but I always thought that there was someone on here who made tie dye shirts with mickey's in the tie dye. Let me know because I have not shipped the other stuff yet.

Well, here we are at the airport at 4:30am.....Im not sure Hannah really understood what was going on. Lots of hugs were given, and Jess was very tearful several times. I just didnt talk much - I knew if I would, the tears would flow. Andrew held a strong face, but after a while, he just couldnt make eye contact anymore. Looks like by tracking their flight, they are about half way there now!! Over Alaska!!

102_4046.jpg

102_4045.jpg

102_4044.jpg

THanks to everyone for their prayers!! They are going to teach at the Beijing National Day School. Jess's parents are going to adopt 2 more tweens from China and are headed over this fall sometime, so they are going to try to visit with them when they are over there.

Would anyone like to do a pair of decopage jeans for our Big Give girlie Katelyn? She wears a size 10? or, Family Tie Dye shirts (there are 3 people in this family) Thanks for considering!!!

Anita - those outfits are ADORABLE!!!:wizard:

Aw Wendy! Now you've gone and made me cry! I was trying so hard to not cry when I was posting about my cousin and then I saw your pictures and there went the waterworks!!!

I would LOVE to do a pair of decoupage jeans or jean skirt for Miss Katelyn! It will depend what I find in her size whether jeans or skirt, is that ok???

Marianne I love Pinterest I haven't been on it in about 2 weeks because of the time suck factor.

It's SO addictive!!! OMG! The things I've been finding . . .:surfweb: At least I know what I'll be doing if I can't fall asleep again tonight!!! :lmao::surfweb:

I checked my Hancocks and they didn't have either fabric. They did have a real cute red sand pail fabric that may work as a coordinating fabric. I will have to see if I can get the picture off my phone. :thumbsup2

That might work. Thanks for checking for me. I'd love to see the picture!

I have been sewing alllllll weekend. Made lots of progress on orders and still have 3 shirts and 3 dresses to get done before end of the week. Just had to pop in and post pics of my granddaughters back to school outfits. (Mia starts 1st grade and Wendy is just going to Pre-K but needed an outfit too, of course). They didn't want primary colors so I had a hard time coming up with something to use the chalkboard fabric with without using primary colors.

Backtoschooloutfit2.jpg

BacktoSchooloutfit.jpg

BacktoSchool2011.jpg

ETA: JES is his initials since "Jonathan" wouldn't fit vertically on a 0-3 month size :)
And then, as you may or may not know...(who couldn't know as much as I have talked about it:laughing:)...my new grandson is due in 3 weeks. They are HUGE into Texas A&M football (both daughters and son in law graduated from there and DD still works there)....so I made mini sized (0-3 months) Texas A&M overalls for him. He is due on the 1st game day...wonder if he will get to wear them?? (Stitchontime did the "hand" applique for me that is on the bib last year but this is the first time I have used it....super impresses with her details)

Jonathansoveralls.jpg

Backtoschool3.jpg

Jonathansoveralls2.jpg

Aww, your girls are getting so big, Love the dressess and the overalls for your little man. He'll be here before you know it!

:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

SOS Anyone have any hints for sewing the bottom of water bottle holders into place? It's not cooperating and I'm sorta running out of patience.

I think I'm being punished for thinking I could do something other than I Spy bags for a Big Give.

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
I'm sorry I have never made one so I have no advice just wanted to say I'm sorry that your having such a hard time with it. I hope you've figured it out.

I have a friend that is interested in making pillowcase dresses for her little girl. She likes the kind that has a cuff on the bottom made from a different fabric. Anyhow, can any of you point me to an easy tutorial for her b/c she has never sewn before?:confused3 TIA!
Have you tried Googling "Pillowcase dress tutorial" I have found some really great tutorials that way.

Wendy ~ I lost the quote but wanted to say that I'm glad the kids made it off OK , we'll keep them in prayer.

RUN AWAY

Seriously you might as well throw your money away, after threading the B, I used it for a total of 10minutes, most of which I spent screwing with broken threads and it's fastest speed is SLOW SLOWER AND SLOWEST.....

:badpc:

Thanks! After Teresa said to get a better one, I lost interest in that one. Now I won't be second guessing that decision.

So I have to show y'all what I made today . . .

It's the SisBoom Meghan Peasant dress, but I added the ruffle on the bottom.
I'm pretty sure I still have enough of these materials to make that skirt out of the Sew Serendipity book too - but this dress was just screaming at me to be made (even though I was leaning towards the skirt too) . . .

Whatcha think????

07e40698.jpg

Apparently this is my "pose" because I'm realizing after looking at my photobucket that most full length shots of me are in this pose . . . hmm :rolleyes1

I'm pretty sure I still have enough of these materials to make that skirt out of the Sew Serendipity book too - but this dress was just screaming at me to be made (even though I was leaning towards the skirt too) . . .

Whatcha think????

07e40698.jpg

Apparently this is my "pose" because I'm realizing after looking at my photobucket that most full length shots of me are in this pose . . . hmm :rolleyes1

How cute!! You should have added a Hidden Mickey and put in Project Runway! ;)

Now that I look at it, it may not be the right colors. The buckets are red and, if I remember correctly, a little bigger than a quarter. It was just called Sand Buckets on the end of the bolt.

It cost $3.97 a yard and they had fabric on 3 or 4 different bolts, so easily 10 yards or more.

Sandbuckets.jpg

Let me know, I could run back over there sometime in the next few days if you want me to :goodvibes

Of course it is hard to tell with just pictures!! Let me know if you need any more information.

Now that I look at it, it may not be the right colors. The buckets are red and, if I remember correctly, a little bigger than a quarter. It was just called Sand Buckets on the end of the bolt.

It cost $3.97 a yard and they had fabric on 3 or 4 different bolts, so easily 10 yards or more.

th_Sandbuckets.jpg

Let me know, I could run back over there sometime in the next few days if you want me to :goodvibes

Of course it is hard to tell with just pictures!! Let me know if you need any more information.

I found it online too.... http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Tosse...VproductId95257789VVcatId553754VVviewprod.htm

Well, here we are at the airport at 4:30am.....Im not sure Hannah really understood what was going on. Lots of hugs were given, and Jess was very tearful several times. I just didnt talk much - I knew if I would, the tears would flow. Andrew held a strong face, but after a while, he just couldnt make eye contact anymore. Looks like by tracking their flight, they are about half way there now!! Over Alaska!!

th_102_4044.jpg
This last picture just got me. :sad1: I hope they have a safe journey. How
Thanks! After Teresa said to get a better one, I lost interest in that one. Now I won't be second guessing that decision.

After the day I've had with my girls, it's just nice to hear that someone listens to me!
:rotfl:

Whatcha think????

th_07e40698.jpg

I love it!!!! And, the pose is great!

:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

SOS Anyone have any hints for sewing the bottom of water bottle holders into place? It's not cooperating and I'm sorta running out of patience.

I think I'm being punished for thinking I could do something other than I Spy bags for a Big Give.

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
I have never made water bottle holders so I can't help you. I am just posting to let you know that I think Ginger might be very disappointed in you right now. How 'bout pillowcase style water bottle bottle holders instead?

http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2010/08/barbie-dress-tutorial.html

IMG_9818.jpg

Um, I want one of these dresses for ME! Too bad I'm not shaped like Barbie®!!!:rotfl2:
Make me one too while you are at it. How adorable would a dress like that be! I can picture it with your red shoes.
I forgot to call our stores yesterday -- I will try today. I even have the fabric names written on my calendar.

Whatcha think????

th_07e40698.jpg

Lovely! I have yet to make myself anything to actually wear. I was contemplating getting that pattern though. And your pose is perfect -- it's what the models do.

I just saw you only have 3 days left. I know you are so excited. We still have a month, and so much left to do. Have a great trip.

Next time I am in Hancocks, I will look for the French Fuse. Is it where you buy the stabilizer by the yard or is it with the notions?

In a pinch I have also used featherweight stabilizer.

I think so, but it has been so long since I bought it that I don't remember for sure.

Whatcha think????

07e40698.jpg

Great Job Marianne!!!! I keep looking at this pattern. Was it hard? Anything with sleeves also scares me a little.

Whatcha think????

07e40698.jpg

I love this dress I keep eyeing this pattern may need to try it for DD soon before attempting for me.

Here is my project runway week 2. It is another pirate outfit for the boy. It was my first attempt at a cuff on the Easy fit pants. I love that I am stretching my abilities a bit.
001-2.jpg

I am actually debating entering week 4. I have material here to make myself something. I will see how today goes at work and if I have energy tonite I am going to go for it LOL.

I have to tell y'all about my latest time-suck fabulous discovery!!! I swear it was designed for creative visual people! It's called Pinterest and it's like you turned the internet into your own corkboard! You can have multiple corkboards for different categories and it is SO SO SO COOL!!!! If you want to check it out and need an invite, send me your email address :) I asked a friend for my invite this afternoon and I've already "pinned" my entire bookmarks list into it! :cool1:

Oh yea, Pinterest is my latest addiction (even more so than collecting fabric and scrapbook paper! :rotfl:) I have found so many great recipes, craft ideas, sewing ideas and well.... I could go on and on. I have 7,108 pins if that tells you anything about how bad I've got it!

Whatcha think????

07e40698.jpg

I love it! The fabrics are great, perfect for the dress. I made this dress for my 26 yr old and found it to go together very easy and I love the ruffle, what a great idea!

BarbieJust wanted to mention that the dress that barbie is wearing is in stores now. I just bought a similar dress at the Avenue
http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Scoopneck-Polka-Dot-Dress.aspx?PfId=239405&DeptId=19952&ProductTypeId=1 It seems that the classic Aline dresses and skirts are all the rage for the fall!

Whatcha think????

07e40698.jpg

Awesome job!!
What a great beautiful dress. Love the fabric choices, and the pose. I think the hardest thing to do is to make something for yourself, and have it fit that well.

Take care,
Marianne

Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Lillian, Tricia's mom. She has been telling me about the great project runway stuff, so I figured I should sign on to check them out and have a vote too.

I sew a little, mostly quilts, but Tricia says I am slow. I have a quilt that has been sitting in my sewing room for a year waiting for a binding. But, I did get a jelly roll 1600 done just last week while at my sister in laws with Tricia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter