Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I found a second hand serger for $20. It's a Singer Tiny Serger #TS380. It doesn't cut the fabric.

I don't have a serger, do you think this would be worth getting? Should I wait and try and get a better one?
I would wait, this just sounds like what you could do with your regular machine.

I've never been in the Exposition Hall either. I read that they recently opened it for Mickey and Minnie and the princesses. Is that the building that years ago had the movie theater that played the old cartoons all day?

That's the building. It wasn't that long ago that they still had the theater and the photo op props in there.

Well, tomorrow am at 4:30 we will head to the airport to say goodbye to Andrew and Jess. They are going to China to teach english through a program at Cedarville University until mid/late June 2012. YIKES!!!!! Since they are going to be teachers, I decided to make them a "Teacher Roll Up" lol...I know things hang over the edges, but still think they turned out okay??? Also made them a goodie bag of stuff to take on the plane for the long flight. If you think of it, say a prayer for them :hug:

th_102_4036.jpg

Here they are at Graduation in May
th_102_3286.jpg

And their wedding this past January
th_100_2828b.jpg

I know they are going to have a wonderful adventure!!! They will be in Bejing China!!! Gonna be some happy/sad tears tomorrow though:upsidedow
I love the rollup!! I'm sure they are going to have a fantastic adventure!

I thought this outfit was brilliant!!!! I love it!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/mphalens/th_DSC_4063.jpg[/IMG]
As you can guess, she's very excited about her new outfit! It was her idea to do ribbon ties (she said she didn't plan on ever wearing them as long pants) and she helped me with the cut of her shirt.

these are wonderful!!!!

I'm going to add your tutorial to the blog, if you don't mind. (if you do, let me know. )

To submit Project Runway pictures please PM or email the url link to your project photos. You may send as many pictures as you like and a description if you choose as well.

the email is jonicarroll [at] yahoo [dot] com.

The entries I have recieved so far ar breathtaking! i can't wait to post them Monday night (after I have made reservations for Palo and a couples massage ;))

You'll be happy to know that I got a lot of my ADRs done yesterday - I've never used the online system, I really like it a lot - I love that it list all the available options for the time slots that I wanted. It was impossible to get a Chef Mickey's table though... I had to settle for a 9pm time slot the night before we leave... but it's something that BFF really wanted to do, and because of her doing the conference, we had a very small window that we could actually do it. I am going to keep checking for an earlier time though - even an hour would be nice. :lovestruc

D~

Yay for making ADRs! We're in the same boat for Chef Mickey's - 8:30 PM with three kiddos under 4. And I made that ressie at 150+ days out, too. It will be an interesting evening!

A friendly reminder: Project runway entries are due tomorrow night.

Hint: mommy needs customs too...

Woohoo! I will finally have something to enter!

I am sure it was a dead give-away because of the fact that Splash Mountain is my all time favorite ride, and this is a well known fact. It is also a well known fact that I have every square inch of this ride photographed, and when I am feeling especially lonely for WDW, I look at Splash Mountain pictures while I am listing to the ride music... If only I had a log to sit in. :rolleyes1

Ok - so on with the show...

th_IMG_17851.jpg

I thought this outfit was fantastic! I could tell exactly what you were portraying on the back (even though I've never ridden Splash Mountain. I HATE having soggy shoes, so I avoid water rides.)

Regards,
C.

I wish them lots of luck on their new adventure. And the adult roll-ups are great. :lovestruc

I just submitted my week 3 Project Runway item... Since week 2 is over, I thought I'd tell you about my outfit. First of all, it may come as no surprise which outfit was mine. :rolleyes1

I am sure it was a dead give-away because of the fact that Splash Mountain is my all time favorite ride, and this is a well known fact. It is also a well known fact that I have every square inch of this ride photographed, and when I am feeling especially lonely for WDW, I look at Splash Mountain pictures while I am listing to the ride music... If only I had a log to sit in. :rolleyes1

IMG_17851.jpg

D~

I just loved this outfit. I thought it was amazing. you are so creative.

I've been busy busy busy . . . I wish I could have entered this week's PR, but I just didn't have time to make an entry.

I just had to tackle those roll-up pants . . . But since the material I'd bought to make the boys next pairs of easy fits couldn't be "messed up" with any trial and error, Kirsten got to help me out.

The first pair I made, well, they weren't even picture worthy.:rolleyes1 But they helped me figure out where to go next! :thumbsup2

And, since this is a FAMILY site, I had to make her a shirt to go with her new pants (couldn't have her appear topless in a photo! Imagine the horror of THAT circulating the internet!!! :scared1:

So - here are Kirsten's version of the roll-up pants:
DSC_4063.jpg

As you can guess, she's very excited about her new outfit! It was her idea to do ribbon ties (she said she didn't plan on ever wearing them as long pants) and she helped me with the cut of her shirt.

I love these and thanks for the tutorial.

It took me 7 hours to get home from upstate NY yesterday. I was in traffic for the last 175 miles.

I brought home 2 of the old sewing machines I am going to wipe the dust off them and figure out what they are. One is a singer and I know it needs new power it was my grandmas.

I also want to take pictures of my last 2 skirt sets I finished. Tonite I will take a picture of all the boy outfits that I finished for him.

A friendly reminder: Project runway entries are due tomorrow night.

Hint: mommy needs customs too...
I'm not so sure I like that hint! I have never made anything "mommy" as I'm not so sure what needs to be done with the girls.

Hi Everyone! Such cute things posted!!!!

Thanks to all who participated in Gabriella's Big Give- ship date is NOW :goodvibes

Well, tomorrow am at 4:30 we will head to the airport to say goodbye to Andrew and Jess. They are going to China to teach english through a program at Cedarville University until mid/late June 2012. YIKES!!!!! Since they are going to be teachers, I decided to make them a "Teacher Roll Up" lol...I know things hang over the edges, but still think they turned out okay??? Also made them a goodie bag of stuff to take on the plane for the long flight. If you think of it, say a prayer for them :hug:

th_102_4036.jpg

Here they are at Graduation in May
th_102_3286.jpg

And their wedding this past January
th_100_2828b.jpg

I know they are going to have a wonderful adventure!!! They will be in Bejing China!!! Gonna be some happy/sad tears tomorrow though:upsidedow
Hope they have a wonderful, safe trip. How long are they going to be over there, or is it indefinite?

I wish them lots of luck on their new adventure. And the adult roll-ups are great. :lovestruc

I just submitted my week 3 Project Runway item... Since week 2 is over, I thought I'd tell you about my outfit. First of all, it may come as no surprise which outfit was mine. :rolleyes1

th_IMG_17851.jpg

I am really not sure what I was thinking when I decided to applique the Splash Mountain drop on to a shirt - except when I came up with it - I thought I was brilliant, and as I was trying to get all the pieces to fit together, I realized that my brilliance was very short lived.

th_IMG_18027.jpg

All in all, I spent 4 days, yes days, appliqueing this outfit. Brer Rabbit was really hard, all those water drops and fringy hair on his head... it wasn't much fun.

I can honestly say that I will never, ever make another outfit like this again... The only way I will make another one is if I decide to make one for myself - and that will probably be an act of God.

I have another outfit to show - but I will do that in another post.

D~
Beautiful work D. I of course knew it was yours and could only imagine the painstaking amount of time you put into all that detail. I am not sure I could ever have the patience (no pun intended as I know Patience is not used for hand applique) to do such intricate work. But I learned something new about you -- I had no idea Splash Mt was your favorite ride! I avoid all water rides -- my hair doesn't like them.

I've been busy busy busy . . . I wish I could have entered this week's PR, but I just didn't have time to make an entry.

I just had to tackle those roll-up pants . . . But since the material I'd bought to make the boys next pairs of easy fits couldn't be "messed up" with any trial and error, Kirsten got to help me out.

The first pair I made, well, they weren't even picture worthy.:rolleyes1 But they helped me figure out where to go next! :thumbsup2

And, since this is a FAMILY site, I had to make her a shirt to go with her new pants (couldn't have her appear topless in a photo! Imagine the horror of THAT circulating the internet!!! :scared1:

th_DSC_4063.jpg

Absolutely fabulous!

No longer will anyone have to ask "Does anyone have a tutorial for how to make roll-up pants using Carla C's Easy Fit pattern?" only to find out the answer is "No." This might not be the clearest set of directions, but I tried to take pictures every step of the way and made notes of each thing I did. If anyone tries using this tutorial and finds a different way to do something, would you please post about it??? I'd really appreciate it!!!

Easy Fits into Roll-Up Pants Tutorial

21. You are done! Take a picture of the fabulousness you created!

th_DSC_4065.jpg

th_DSC_4066.jpg
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm very impressed!

th_IMG_17851.jpg

The front of the tie top is based on this picture of Brer Rabbit, located at the loading area for Splash Mountain. I really wanted to embroider "You May Get Wet" on the bottom hem - but alas - I don't own an embroidery machine - so I couldn't do that.

th_briarrabbit2.jpg

And, of course, the back of the shirt is based on this view:
th_splashdrop1acopy.jpg

I am really not sure what I was thinking when I decided to applique the Splash Mountain drop on to a shirt - except when I came up with it - I thought I was brilliant, and as I was trying to get all the pieces to fit together, I realized that my brilliance was very short lived.

th_IMG_18027.jpg

All in all, I spent 4 days, yes days, appliqueing this outfit. Brer Rabbit was really hard, all those water drops and fringy hair on his head... it wasn't much fun.

th_IMG_17984.jpg

The shorts actually started out as the same fabric as the rocks in the drop applique, with the binding on the pockets and legs green - to simulate more rock formations, but once I had it all together, it just looked weird. So, on the very last day, I made the shorts you see here. Also, the front of the shirt started out as the back (obviously, the back was the front). The hat was an afterthought, a last minute dolly sized redraft.

th_IMG_18005.jpg

Marianne - you'll be happy to know that the shorts are a dolly sized redraft of the pattern you got for me. :lovestruc Thank you! :hug:

I can honestly say that I will never, ever make another outfit like this again... The only way I will make another one is if I decide to make one for myself - and that will probably be an act of God.

I have another outfit to show - but I will do that in another post.

D~

:love: Such a great outfit! I have trouble on little girls shirts sometimes, I can't imagine appliqueing on a doll's outfit. Esp. such a detailed applique. I think you did a great job on Brer Rabbits hair & water, btw.

th_DSC_4063.jpg

Very nice!

I'm such a lurker most of the time but I do want to share some of my latest projects that I made for my grandaughter

th_100_1439.jpg
th_100_1438.jpg
th_100_1437.jpg

th_Darrah-Tinker2011.jpg
th_Darragh-Pooh2011.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Your outfits turned out wonderfully. I especially like the dalmations.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been keeping up reading along and everything is just beautiful!! but I lost my uncle yesterday to cancer (he went down hill really fast last week) so it's been a rough week.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Cancer should be against the law!

i finnally finished the vida'ish peasent dress/shirt...turned out pretty cute! the sloppy applique is mine and the nice ones on the bottom/front & back are on dish towels,not terry but cotton.side fabric w/witches is form a scrub top and black/orang bodiece pieces are form sheets.total of about $7 w/ ribbon!
front
305705_10150268522236586_555471585_7936177_7452954_n.jpg

back
305705_10150268522291586_555471585_7936179_3389463_n.jpg

So cute. I love the little kitty.

So I am having one of those sewing days again. After stitching out a perfect Lightning McQueen, I cut it wrong. :confused3 Anyway, I am stepping away for a bit. I was wondering what you all thought about this.... What would look better for a ruffle, red or black dot?

Thanks!

IMG_8120-1.jpg

I vote for red.

I have a small favor to ask. I know that many of you are part of the Big Give. There is a 16 year old, Claudia, and she leaves on her Wish Trip in two days. Not many people have visited her pre-trip report. Could you each take a few seconds and go over and wish her a wonderful trip? I know it would mean a lot to her. I met her on the Wish boards and she is so nice! Thank you!

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I went over and said hi.

Here are Siennah's Princess Jeans:
Front:
275113c8.jpg

Can you tell what's missing from the final product? I didn't notice until I found the pieces on the floor after I'd mailed off the box!!!

Oh! And here is Princess Siennah's Elphaba Tutu (she's having a Wicked birthday party on Saturday that we'll miss . . . and wanted a tutu as "poofy" as Savannah's):
568eaa43.jpg

The jeans turned out great as did the tutu. I'm not sure what's missing, I thought it was Siennah until you said you found pieces on the floor.

Thanks to all who participated in Gabriella's Big Give- ship date is NOW

th_102_4036.jpg

What a practical going away gift. Looks good.

I wish them lots of luck on their new adventure. And the adult roll-ups are great.
I just submitted my week 3 Project Runway item... Since week 2 is over, I thought I'd tell you about my outfit. First of all, it may come as no surprise which outfit was mine.

IMG_17851.jpg

D~

Wow. If I wasn't way over the picture limit on this post I'd have the bowing down guy about 16 times. Stop me if you've heard this before about one of your creations, but I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH TIME IT TOOK. The details are amazing.

I love Splash Mountain, too. The scenes, the music, maybe not the final drop, but it's one of my favorites.

And, since this is a FAMILY site, I had to make her a shirt to go with her new pants (couldn't have her appear topless in a photo! Imagine the horror of THAT circulating the internet!!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/mphalens/th_DSC_4063.jpg

Looks good and thank you for posting the tutorial. I know that takes a lot of time. I keep thinking I should station an old camera by my sewing machine, not for tutorials, but for reminder photos for myself. Sometimes I try to take notes about what I'm doing, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for all the time you put into the tutorial.

It took me 7 hours to get home from upstate NY yesterday. I was in traffic for the last 175 miles.

Wow. It's a long enough trip without extra traffic.

Project Runway

Week 4

Pamper yourself! Show the world how much you love Disney.

Rules:
1. Must be a poroject for you.
2. Can be a bag, laptop cover, e-reader cover, shirt, dress,keychain, costume...whatever.
3. Must be inspired by your favorite Disney icon, movie, park or colors.

That is enough rules for this project. I don't believe I have ever started a project woth the end result being something for me and me only. I am always making the kids something and when I have made myself something - it is to match the kids for Disney. I am sure that I am not the only one to do this. ;) So put your sewing machine to work and make something for you and only you!!

As always, you have until next Monday night, Aug. 29th at 11:59 pm to get me pictures. It can be a many pictures as you would like and a description if you please. PLEASE, PLEASE send the URL link. Living in rural Alaska means the internet is very slow and it will takes too long for me to download and reupload an attachment. Thanks!!

Project Runway

Week 4

Pamper yourself! Show the world how much you love Disney.

Rules:
1. Must be a poroject for you.
2. Can be a bag, laptop cover, e-reader cover, shirt, dress,keychain, costume...whatever.
3. Must be inspired by your favorite Disney icon, movie, park or colors.

That is enough rules for this project. I don't believe I have ever started a project woth the end result being something for me and me only. I am always making the kids something and when I have made myself something - it is to match the kids for Disney. I am sure that I am not the only one to do this. ;) So put your sewing machine to work and make something for you and only you!!

As always, you have until next Monday night, Aug. 29th at 11:59 pm to get me pictures. It can be a many pictures as you would like and a description if you please. PLEASE, PLEASE send the URL link. Living in rural Alaska means the internet is very slow and it will takes too long for me to download and reupload an attachment. Thanks!!

I think I love this one! I was already working on something for me for an upcoming trip...I 'might' be able to finish it in time for this...hmmmm

Nini

I have been sewing alllllll weekend. Made lots of progress on orders and still have 3 shirts and 3 dresses to get done before end of the week. Just had to pop in and post pics of my granddaughters back to school outfits. (Mia starts 1st grade and Wendy is just going to Pre-K but needed an outfit too, of course). They didn't want primary colors so I had a hard time coming up with something to use the chalkboard fabric with without using primary colors.

Backtoschooloutfit2.jpg

BacktoSchooloutfit.jpg

BacktoSchool2011.jpg

ETA: JES is his initials since "Jonathan" wouldn't fit vertically on a 0-3 month size :)
And then, as you may or may not know...(who couldn't know as much as I have talked about it:laughing:)...my new grandson is due in 3 weeks. They are HUGE into Texas A&M football (both daughters and son in law graduated from there and DD still works there)....so I made mini sized (0-3 months) Texas A&M overalls for him. He is due on the 1st game day...wonder if he will get to wear them?? (Stitchontime did the "hand" applique for me that is on the bib last year but this is the first time I have used it....super impresses with her details)

Jonathansoveralls.jpg

Backtoschool3.jpg

Jonathansoveralls2.jpg

Kinda rude to just drop by asking for help, but... I need help. :rolleyes1

QUESTION:

I'm looking for a product that I know exists, but I don't know what it's called, where to find it, or how to use it. Easy, right? ;)

This is for applique/embroidery projects. I want whatever Gymboree and other retailers use on the BACK SIDE of their embroidered shirts... looks like some kind of very soft mesh stabilizer. I figure it must be applied after the project is finished, because the stitches do not go through it. It makes the whole thing nice and soft against the wearer's skin.

1) What is this product called in general? (10 internet points)
2) Is there a specific brand-name product you like? (bonus: 5 internet points)
3) Do you have a link to the product on a website where I can purchase it? (bonus: 25 internet points plus my undying gratitude)

Thank you! :flower3:

I have been sewing alllllll weekend. Made lots of progress on orders and still have 3 shirts and 3 dresses to get done before end of the week. Just had to pop in and post pics of my granddaughters back to school outfits. (Mia starts 1st grade and Wendy is just going to Pre-K but needed an outfit too, of course). They didn't want primary colors so I had a hard time coming up with something to use the chalkboard fabric with without using primary colors.

th_Backtoschooloutfit2.jpg
th_BacktoSchooloutfit.jpg
th_BacktoSchool2011.jpg

ETA: JES is his initials since "Jonathan" wouldn't fit vertically on a 0-3 month size :)
And then, as you may or may not know...(who couldn't know as much as I have talked about it:laughing:)...my new grandson is due in 3 weeks. They are HUGE into Texas A&M football (both daughters and son in law graduated from there and DD still works there)....so I made mini sized (0-3 months) Texas A&M overalls for him. He is due on the 1st game day...wonder if he will get to wear them?? (Stitchontime did the "hand" applique for me that is on the bib last year but this is the first time I have used it....super impresses with her details)

th_Jonathansoveralls.jpg
th_Backtoschool3.jpg
th_Jonathansoveralls2.jpg
Adorable BTS outfits and I love the combo of pink and black. The girls are too cute! And Jonathan's outfit is too cute!!! Just 3 weeks!!!! How exciting!

These are great! Where did you get the chalboard? My DD's would love that! :)

Thanks for sharing!
I'm not Anita but I believe that is from Planet Applique

QUESTION:

I'm looking for a product that I know exists, but I don't know what it's called, where to find it, or how to use it. Easy, right? ;)

This is for applique/embroidery projects. I want whatever Gymboree and other retailers use on the BACK SIDE of their embroidered shirts... looks like some kind of very soft mesh stabilizer. I figure it must be applied after the project is finished, because the stitches do not go through it. It makes the whole thing nice and soft against the wearer's skin.

3) Do you have a link to the product on a website where I can purchase it? (bonus: 25 internet points plus my undying gratitude)

I think you are looking for Dream Weave. Floriani is great but pricey. Here's a link but I have never orederd form them -- you may want to shop around:
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/flor-fdw.php

Look at my ticker. I convinced DH to go back again next year until waiting for 2013. I guess I have more sewing to do
Yeah!

Good afternoon! For those of you that were wondering, as I was, about lettering in Stitch ERA.

Firt, I think the already loaded fonts, or fonts you load to your computer do work well. Admittedly, some better than others. I just digitzed and stitched this image recently, using all embedded fonts. So I know they work and you can do it! I did it on a Tshirt, so I used wash away on top.
th_AllIwantstitch.jpg

As for joining fonts. I think I figured it out, although I haven't actually stitched one out to see if it works.
Following this image (which is what your SEU screen would look like doing this)Good luck!
This is really cute t-shirt but don't show it to my kids. I'll be in big trouble if they think they can ask santa for a trip to Disney World.
Thanks for the awesome tutorial. I don't know how you figure this stuff out. I have no patience for this software because it is SO slow on my computer. I do want to figure out how to do this and I know I would never have been ever to figure this out.

Here are a few things I have been working on I have to make some things for a friends tween and they are so hard to sew for one is disney related something i was just playing with i deconstruted some disney shirts and used carlas raglan and the circular skirt that goes with the shorts under it the other two are camo the little girl loves camo and dance so i basically took a tutu and a tank top and put it together i saw this done somewhere for little girls and i thought why not, the other is a tank top and a camo fabric that is almost a rayon with cotton in it no stretch but silky feeling i actually found on the dollare table at walmart my middle gd now wants one. Sorry the pictures are blurry but I will try retaking them just want some opnions I know some of yall have already seen them on facebook so thanks for looking again.
th_001-3.jpg

th_002-4.jpg

QUOTE]
These are perfect for a tween.

Here are the next two. It turned out better than what I had in my mind! Lots of pictures!

th_IMG_8088.jpg

Oh, how they love the twirl!
Love these! I love the back with the applique and they seem super twirly.

,he was so happy when he found it! came to us and was opening the envelope and said " where's the costume?"

my Ellibug got her braces today with pink bands of course! she was cheesin' at everyone who passed by hoping to show them off!
the pattern shopping story is so funny. I bet she looks cute in her braces too.

OT- but need some support if possible...
How frustrating!!! My husband travels alot and always complains that it is so rough and that it sounds so glamorous but really isn't. Well that might be true most of the time but after being repsonsible for two other human beings and running the house by yourself I think travel sounds pretty good. Not having to cook any meals, do the dishes, sleep in a bed you didn't have to make, not having to clean the bathroom and only having to worry about getting yourself on an airplane - yeah, that sounds tough. Where do I sign up? I'm sure he was exhausted and looking forward to finally getting home but I can feel your frustration.

My husband was frustrated with me today because he had no shirts that were ironed. Hmmm, when you take the last ironed shirt out of the closet that is a good time to ask me to iron more. Its not my fault you are running late for your meeting. Doesn't he realize that my iron is for sewing, not ironing shirts :rotfl:

I was at my Walmart today, the one that has always had a pretty decent fabric department. We never had the creative cuts but do have quite a bit of fabrics by the yard.

Today I saw a new item, called stash packs. They were packaged as 2 - 2 yard cuts per package and priced at $8 for the 4 yards.

They look somewhat similar to what others were finding on clearance, but these are priced at $8 for 4 yards as the regular price right on the package.

Not sure if others have seen these, or if they are trying different things in different markets? Anyway, I didn't buy any even though I was tempted, but I thought it looked like it could be an ongoing display. Time will tell.
I was just at our Walmart on Saturday and they did not have those packs of fabric BUT they were starting to put the fabric department back. :yay:

I found out why Facebook and Photobucket were not the way they normally are. My computer had run out of disk space. That's fixed now.

Here is the Winnie the Pooh & Friends Vida

th_IMG_3145.jpg
That came out really cute, love the piglet

My PhotoPass pictures came in

♥ ♥ ♥ This is my favorite picture ♥ ♥ ♥
Picture487.jpg
Love the one with Mickey and Minnie too but I think the one of your DS and Belle is so cute!

Well, I have been very busy... There may be a WDW trip in my near future. My BFF entered into a "contest" at her work - they are sending 10 people to WDW in Oct for the Disney training seminar that they do... anyways, she is narrowed down to a group of 21 right now, so she has a good chance of winning.

Where do I fit in? Well, she wants to bring her 12 y/o dd and needs someone to "watch" her while she is in meetings for 3 days.
D~
That sounds like a great babysitting job to me. I see you have already made your ADRs. :cool1: I think the cancellation fee kicks in at 45 days since that is when your final payment is due. If you end up going to the World and can't get a reservation at Chef Mickey before 9 pm, you could try just showing up earlier and if they can seat you they will. Doing this with only 3 people is probably alot easier then with a bigger group.

I'm such a lurker most of the time but I do want to share some of my latest projects that I made for my grandaughter

th_100_1439.jpg

th_100_1438.jpg

th_Darrah-Tinker2011.jpg

th_Darragh-Pooh2011.jpg

Thanks for looking!
These are so cute. I love how you reused the pants and they go so well with the Dalmations and the Mickey ghost. The tink set is really cute but I LOVE the tigger dress. It is so sweet.

i finnally finished the vida'ish peasent
dress/shirt...turned out pretty cute! [/FONT][/B]
I love the Halloween dress and how you did the Trick / Treat on the front/back of the dress.

Well, tomorrow am at 4:30 we will head to the airport to say goodbye to Andrew and Jess. They are going to China to teach english through a program at Cedarville University until mid/late June 2012. YIKES!!!!! Since they are going to be teachers, I decided to make them a "Teacher Roll Up" lol...I know things hang over the edges, but still think they turned out okay??? Also made them a goodie bag of stuff to take on the plane for the long flight. If you think of it, say a prayer for them
I know they are going to have a wonderful adventure!!! They will be in Bejing China!!! Gonna be some happy/sad tears tomorrow though
How exciting but I can imagine there will lots of tears shed at that goodbye. Love the roll ups you made for them. Cute idea.

I am sure it was a dead give-away because of the fact that Splash Mountain is my all time favorite ride, and this is a well known fact. It is also a well known fact that I have every square inch of this ride photographed, and when I am feeling especially lonely for WDW, I look at Splash Mountain pictures while I am listing to the ride music... If only I had a log to sit in.

D~
Hmmm, with all of the talent that is contained with in you and your husband I find it hard to believe that you do not have a hallowed out log to sit in. It would be perfect for the lake. Your Project Runway design is amazing. The details on the shirt and on the shorts are outstanding. Shucks, I was going to ask you where you got that doll hat pattern but now I see that it was one of your modifications. There is no way that I could let this outfit out of my house!

The first pair I made, well, they weren't even picture worthy.:rolleyes1 But they helped me figure out where to go next.

th_DSC_4063.jpg

I can see why she is so excited. the pants are really cute! Thank you so much for taking the time to create the tutorial. Great job.

I can't wait to post them Monday night (after I have made reservations for Palo and a couples massage
Now that sounds like FUN.

th_BacktoSchool2011.jpg

ETA: JES is his initials since "Jonathan" wouldn't fit vertically on a 0-3 month size

th_Jonathansoveralls.jpg

th_Backtoschool3.jpg
the back to school sets are so cute. You did a great job creating something with a little pink in it, I bet it was hard to figure out something that was not primary colors. The overalls are the best. I love the football with the year on the back and the "hand" applique is super.

QUESTION:

Another product similar to Floriani's dream weave that Andrea mentioned is Tender Touch by Sulky. I was able to get it at Joann's. I always get it when it is on sale or use a 40 - 50% off coupon. I'm sure you could also order it from Joann's website or possibly others as well.

Floriani Dream Weave and Sulky Tender Touch - just looked them up, and this is EXACTLY what I've been searching for. :banana::banana::banana: Thanks ladies!

Really? Your dad's name was Micaiah? That's amazing! The first time I heard it was a few months before my first ds was born. I asked the mom of that Micaiah where the name came from (I Kings 22), and after I read the account, I LOVED it! (Shame on me for not having read that before!) I couldn't talk dh into that name for ds#1, but I 'won' with ds#2. :)

We love Old Testament names with great character qualities. If it couldn't be Micaiah, Jonathan is a good alternative for your dgs. :)

Regards,
C.

Yes, his actual name was Malachi Micaiah with an "M" last name too. haha!
He had 10 brothers and sisters and all of them had Double initials and Biblical names for 1st and middle names...how odd is that? Some of them were really ugly names :confused: but I loved his middle name.

Hooray! I completed the christening gown I've been working on for the last three weeks! Now I can get back to our trip clothes and, maybe, enter Project Runway one of these weeks!

This gown is for a cousin's baby's baptism in October. Several years ago, I made a christening gown for my ds out of fabric leftover from my wedding gown (which I also made). My cousin loved that idea so much, she asked me to do something similar. She gave me the stole from her wedding gown. It looked like the one in this photo:
bridal_dresses2.jpg

Because it was a long, narrow rectangle, I had to do some creative cutting and embellishing to hide the original seam and create enough length in the skirt. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to hand it off to my cousin!

(I apologize for the huge photos! Photobucket is giving me problems with resizing photos.)

Front View:
IMG_0863.jpg

Bodice detail:
IMG_0864.jpg

This is just beautiful!! I made a christening blanket/quilt and a christening dress out of my oldest daughters wedding dress (cut up the entire dress). The first DGD got the quilt and the 2nd DGD got the dress. I loved how they turned out. I have since made 2 others for a friends DGDs. Lots of work.

Here are the next two. It turned out better than what I had in my mind! Lots of pictures!

th_IMG_8088.jpg
th_IMG_8116.jpg
th_IMG_8051.jpg

th_IMG_8084.jpg
th_IMG_8077.jpg
th_IMG_8066.jpg

Oh, how they love the twirl!

Love the fabric choices.....the girls look beautiful in them.

OT- but need some support if possible...

I am so frustrated right now- DH is in CA, supposed to be home in 4 hours. He's been gone a week, in fact he's been gone 3 weeks of the last 5. I started a new job 2 weeks ago, and have been trying to manage to get the kids ready for school Tues. All the supplies, clothes, getting all their special ed stuff straight, the list seems endless...

So he calls and says he missed his flight. Apparently he was too stupid to double check his flight time and was literally having a drink 50 feet away from the gate when they boarded. When he got to the gate, the plane was taxiing to the runway. I'm ready to kill him right now. He called to tell me Then he hung up on me when I made a comment about it, because apparently I should have been more supportive. UGGGGh- is there a ripping your hair out before driving to a lawyer smiley?

I would be frustrated too. Hang in there....praying for you!

Those turned out great! I love how you did the applique on the back. I've never thought of doing something like that!

I need some help from my Disboutique friends. I went to Hancock Fabrics today and I bought a lot of this fabric. However, it is for a very large project and they didn't have enough of it left for what I need. I would like to use it to make table toppers for my daughters bat mitzvah. Their theme is the beach! Does anybody have a Hancocks near them? If you do and you happen to be going could you check to see if they have these fabrics for me? I still need about 30 more yards! I found a source that I can order it from online but it is much more expensive since it is on clearance in the store right now. I can scale the project back and make runners for the tables if I can't get more fabric but the table toppers will be so much prettier! If you do have the fabric in your store, I would be happy to paypal you the money to buy it for me.

th_P8190056.jpg
th_P8190057.jpg

I don't have a Hancocks close enough to check but I think it is super cute fabric.

My PhotoPass pictures came in :cool1:

Picture487.jpg

Love all of them but your favorite is MY favorite too!! Makes me want to go back so bad!!

th_100_1439.jpg

Thanks for looking! :3dglasses

Everything is so cute...this is my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter