Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

thanks guys...this is my 2nd nephew, and i have 1 niece (and two of my own of course:love:)

Since everyone is posting their stuff on the runway I thought I'd post something that i sent to the new baby...non-disney, but very cute just the same.

the matching hat...and the back

LOVE Minky blankets!!! Great job!

I am so flattered...

Please don't be mad, but I honestly have no idea how I learned. When I first started sewing last year, I made my own patterns from things I already had, because I didn't want to "waste $$" buying patterns only to wreck them. Well, then I started designing my own patterns (My fab 5s, Princess line and Toy story line). There were so many adorable baby patterns out there that I loved, so I made a few gifts for people - but the thing I wanted was to be able to make some of those things for the dolls, because they were cute - but they were never available in doll sizes... So, I took some of these patterns, and traced them on to another sheet of paper - measuring and drawing until I thought I had it about right... then I'd sew up a muslin of the pattern I'd just drafted... try it on the dolls... adjust the pattern... sew up another muslin... on and on until I finally had a product that I could sew up on real fabric. The whole thing was trial and error, and need. LOL Now, I just pull out a kid's pattern, and draw - sew a muslin - draw some more - sew another muslin... until I am happy with the final product.

See, I have this issue, that's annoying - but I am starting to wonder if I am a bit OCD - then I think I have this other issue on top of that - where I am always trying to out do myself - then.... I also think that I have this really strange brain thing going on, where I can see patterns and fabric 3 dimensional... It's all very strange and highly annoying. So, in the end, I have no idea how I do anything, I just do. I wish I could explain it better.

D~

I think it's a sign of genius, not that there's something wrong with you!:lovestruc

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for posting your projects I get so much inspiration from this board. Unfortunately, due to too much to do;) I don't get to post very often. Today, though, I just have to share. This is Daisy's 10th birthday dress. It is a Manhattan from "Sewing Clothes Kids Love". Not a simple dress, but really looks nice when it is done. Felicity is her birthday present and I would have never even attempted a dress for her if it wasn't for you guys.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

WOW! Fabulous job!

Here is big sister's version. I have so much to do so everything is going wrong. I had to redo the embroidery after Jessie was already done and Woody had all the applique in place because my machine screwed up. Ugh! A wasted hour! Now my PED-Basic is not working. GRR!

So cute!!!

When D. first introduced us to Patience, I started reading up on vintage Singers and drooling over the possibilities. Then I started stalking Craigslist to find one of my own. There have been 100s of "treadmill" (oy! they all meant 'treadle') machines listed, but I was waiting for a specific model to show up fairly close to home. Finally last week, it did, and for a great price! I picked her up this morning. Allow me to introduce, Beth:

C.

Beth is beautiful!!! Congrats!

MY DS() wanted to be Jake

DS (9) asked for hook my DW has been altering a large red shirt into Hook's jacket

Those look great! Your wife should be proud!

She will be gorgeous when you are finished with her, I can't wait to see! Now I really want to get a Singer 401, so I can get rid of my Brother from the 80s, and sew zig zags on a vintage machine, as well.

So I should tell you if I ever see my machine's twin out and about? :thumbsup2

I think we are not going to start until September when the schools around here start even though I probably should start earlier since the baby is coming in January. I hope you have a great school year!

We won't start back up until Finn starts preschool again (After Labor Day)

Press Alt then 3 and release both at the same time.

Like this ♥ or this ♥ <----almost like watching youtube, right

Hmm - doesn't work for me . . . :confused3

Your dress looks comfy. Good job.

I loves how the fish are jumping out of the bowls on your Seuss outfits.

Great find with all of the buttons. I can tell what they are.

How often does that happen? Super comfy and affordable. Score!

Thanks!!!!

Tyler went to two doctors yesterday and we finally have good news! His ear appears to be healing and the infection is most likely only in the ear canal. We need one more week of antibiotic ear drops and oral antibiotics and hopefully it will be healed enough to have a new ear tube put in. Once it is healed they can retest his hearing to make sure the infection did not make it to the bone.

Then we went to the Developmental / Behavioral Pediatric doctor. Tyler's exam took two hours. She determined that his is not autistic. She said that she will not diagnose anyone with Sensory Processing Disorder as the criteria for it is not defined enough. We are basically back at square one. His chromosome disorder is too rare for any additional medical insight.

Next week he will be fitted for a new left foot daytime brace and two new night time leg braces. We will keep fixing him one piece at a time. In the meantime we will enjoy his smiles and laughter.

Here he is yesterday on his first day of school. Hayley wanted in the photos too. The shorts he are wearing have an elastic waist for potty training and pockets. Last year I made him five pairs since all of the uniform shorts in his size had zippers and buttons that he could not work!

:hug:

Gotta remember to use dagnabit more. It's a hightly underused word. pirate:

It's a great word, isn't it?

Also, I would like to add that I just noticed your DS's name (Micaiah). I love it. That was my dad's name and I have always loved it. My DD wanted to name her soon-to-be-born son after him but her hubby had other ideas:idea:
For some reason he wanted him to be named after him! ;)

Really? Your dad's name was Micaiah? That's amazing! The first time I heard it was a few months before my first ds was born. I asked the mom of that Micaiah where the name came from (I Kings 22), and after I read the account, I LOVED it! (Shame on me for not having read that before!) I couldn't talk dh into that name for ds#1, but I 'won' with ds#2. :)

We love Old Testament names with great character qualities. If it couldn't be Micaiah, Jonathan is a good alternative for your dgs. :)

Regards,
C.

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for posting your projects I get so much inspiration from this board. Unfortunately, due to too much to do;) I don't get to post very often. Today, though, I just have to share. This is Daisy's 10th birthday dress. It is a Manhattan from "Sewing Clothes Kids Love". Not a simple dress, but really looks nice when it is done. Felicity is her birthday present and I would have never even attempted a dress for her if it wasn't for you guys.

THANK YOU ALL!!!
th_Daisys10thBirthday.jpg

This dress is beautiful and your dd looks just lovely!! I must buy that book for when my dd is old enough to stand up and twirl!

Marianne - I meant to ask you, what book were the two designs you posted from? I love that skirt design! (Sorry if I just missed the mention somewhere!)

I have 10 ribbons to sew on the Christening Gown I've been working on and it will be done. I must stop reading this thread and get back to work while the kiddos are napping! Pics later today.

Regards,
C.

Enabler ALERT

The Singer Futura Embroidery machine is on HSN this hour for $549.00 ! It comes with software to adjust and combine designs (simlar to Embird). Not the best machine out there - but it is a great price for a beginning machine. It even does close to a 5x7 (not a true 5x7, but close) It even has 5 flex pays for $110. So you could be sewing on a new machine for 110 to start. This is by far the cheapest I have seen it. This is the one I have.

I hope this helps someone wanting an embroidery machine. ;)

Enabler ALERT

The Singer Futura Embroidery machine is on HSN this hour for $549.00 ! It comes with software to adjust and combine designs (simlar to Embird). Not the best machine out there - but it is a great price for a beginning machine. It even does close to a 5x7 (not a true 5x7, but close) It even has 5 flex pays for $110. So you could be sewing on a new machine for 110 to start. This is by far the cheapest I have seen it. This is the one I have.

There is also a HSN coupon code for new customers.

C56838-15% off one item. 09/30/11

Tyler went to two doctors yesterday and we finally have good news! His ear appears to be healing and the infection is most likely only in the ear canal. We need one more week of antibiotic ear drops and oral antibiotics and hopefully it will be healed enough to have a new ear tube put in. Once it is healed they can retest his hearing to make sure the infection did not make it to the bone.

Then we went to the Developmental / Behavioral Pediatric doctor. Tyler's exam took two hours. She determined that his is not autistic. She said that she will not diagnose anyone with Sensory Processing Disorder as the criteria for it is not defined enough. We are basically back at square one. His chromosome disorder is too rare for any additional medical insight.

My nephew was interviewed by the autisim society. My sister had to take him to thier office where he spent several hours with the conselor. Then they spent an afternoon to observe him at school. Their "diagonis" was inconclusive. The felt he does have sensory issues with his hearing but it was something he'd outgrow. The strange part was that they also said he had average reading skills and intelligence. But in kindergarten, was a self taught reader and reading 5th grade level and has photographic memory.

Sooo cute!! I love the fabric combinations.

As for the PED-basic...are these new designs that you haven't used before??
A couple times I have bought from Heather and they wouldn't show up on PES. She renamed them for me and still didn't show up so she had to resize just a tad bit I believe (it apparently was just outside of my hoop). On the other hand, I have bought at least 10 designs from stitchontime.com that didn't show up on the PES. Each time I asked her to resize and she would resend it back unzipped (I assume she resized them as well) and they always show up after she does that. HTH!
See above! And if Heather doesn't answer, send her an email. She usually answers that quicker!

Thanks! I ended up getting my hubby to bring his laptop over so it is stiching up now. It is a file I have had for over a year.

I got this curtain panel 'NWOT' at thirft store for $4!!!!:banana: it's 54 x 52 I think .Not sure if it will be th ebottom of a dress for dgd Elli or wait to see if I have another g'daughter anytime soon!:cloud9: would be a sweet blanket with the pink minky fabric on the back..or a buggie cover/diaper bag...glider pad cover...wish I had more than the one... I just thought I can also cut out and frame some of it in pink frames,maybe add other stuff in the frame,initials?? :idea:who knows but I LOVE IT!!!:lovestruc

it's a crisp b/w but looks creamish in the picture...
300818_10150266925416586_555471585_7919488_6249452_n.jpg

LOL Maybe that's why we get along so well. What Cheryl doesn't know, is that everyone has my address now, except for her... I just finished giving it out to the last people on the list today. popcorn::

D~

Did it ever occur to you that my runway entry couldn't have gotten more than one vote if I didn't have more than one dis ID? How can you be sure that I'm not one of the people who got your address today?

Think about it. popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

:crazy: <---- but don't think too long or your face will freeze like

th_010-1.jpg

MY DS() wanted to be Jake
th_014.jpg

DS (9) asked for hook my DW has been altering a large red shirt into Hook's jacket

Looks great. Enjoy MNSSHP -- I've never done it, but it looks like fun!

The third kid does you in :lmao:

A friend of mine who has three kids said the first two were exact opposites and then when the third came along she was from a completely different planet. :rotfl2:

In the meantime we will enjoy his smiles and laughter.

Here he is yesterday on his first day of school. Hayley wanted in the photos too. The shorts he are wearing have an elastic waist for potty training and pockets. Last year I made him five pairs since all of the uniform shorts in his size had zippers and buttons that he could not work!
th_DSCN45561.jpg

th_DSCN45581.jpg

I hope Tyler continues his medical improvements and that you continue to enjoy his smiles and laughter!!!

Hmm - doesn't work for me . . . :confused3

I'm not sure why, but my understadning is that it only works if you have a key pad (the square of numbers on the right hand side of your keyboard) not the numbers along the top.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ :dance3:

PS :teacher: Class, that was Lesson 3

I got this curtain panel 'NWOT' at thirft store for $4!!!!:banana: it's 54 x 52 I think .Not sure if it will be th ebottom of a dress for dgd Elli or wait to see if I have another g'daughter anytime soon!:cloud9: would be a sweet blanket with the pink minky fabric on the back..or a buggie cover/diaper bag...glider pad cover...wish I had more than the one... I just thought I can also cut out and frame some of it in pink frames,maybe add other stuff in the frame,initials?? :idea:who knows but I LOVE IT!!!:lovestruc

Ok...Disneyjazz....you know how I love thrift store shopping! need a pic of the curtain!....i have been so disappointed by my thrift store...they want $3 for a naked dirty Barbie that's had a hair cut....when I could buy a new one for $5.

The Vida Toy Story is making me want to buy that pattern....and the sewing clothes kids love book....is there a knit hoodie in that book? if it has one I could justify the expense......even though I just want the insa and feliz pattern :rolleyes1

Next week he will be fitted for a new left foot daytime brace and two new night time leg braces. We will keep fixing him one piece at a time. In the meantime we will enjoy his smiles and laughter.

DSCN45561.jpg

DSCN45581.jpg
I love your son's shorts. It is great that you are able to make them. My sister has been learning to sew to keep her autistic son from getting into his diapers. She knew some basic sewing before. Now she is experimenting with sewing together his pajamas top and bottoms. Then she puts a zipper into the back of the top so she can get him into them.

Sorry that your appointment took so long. Glad that his ear is getting better. I hope you start to get some more answers to your other questions.

My nephew was interviewed by the autisim society. My sister had to take him to thier office where he spent several hours with the conselor. Then they spent an afternoon to observe him at school. Their "diagonis" was inconclusive. The felt he does have sensory issues with his hearing but it was something he'd outgrow. The strange part was that they also said he had average reading skills and intelligence. But in kindergarten, was a self taught reader and reading 5th grade level and has photographic memory.

Your nephew sounds exactly like my best friend's son. He was reading as well as a second grader by the time he was 2. When he was 3, he started to teach himself Spanish from some picture books that somebody gave them that had English and Spanish in them. Next thing she knew, he was understanding a lot of the Spanish tv shows on cable. But he couldn't hold a conversation to tell you that he wanted a banana or a drink of water. He ended up being diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. With lots of early intervention, he is now about to start at a regular middle school with only a little bit of support.

Ok...Disneyjazz....you know how I love thrift store shopping! need a pic of the curtain!....i have been so disappointed by my thrift store...they want $3 for a naked dirty Barbie that's had a hair cut....when I could buy a new one for $5.

The Vida Toy Story is making me want to buy that pattern....and the sewing clothes kids love book....is there a knit hoodie in that book? if it has one I could justify the expense......even though I just want the insa and feliz pattern :rolleyes1
lol i just realized when i got outta the shower that i had forgotten the picture!!! so i have now posted it and wil do it here too! it's rally crisp b/w not the cream it looks in the picture.

Thank you to everyone with all of your support for Tyler. Unfortunately he is still the only one in the world with his exact chromosome deletion so we learn as we go. Simmons just did a study on kids with a 16p11.2 only deletion. Every child in the study had autism or autism spectrum. The doctor cannot udnerstand or explain why a child with a 16p11.2-13.1 deletion does not have it, but it is a good thing! He cannot read or write yet. He is trying. He goes to a regular school for right now and they pull him out for reading and math. I think he is doing amazing.

A few years ago I did not know how to sew. I received a sewing machine for mother's day and a how to book. I sew by trial and error. My seam ripper is my best friend. I am very grateful that I could make his school shorts since I could not find any on the market to go up and down without zippers. They also were not large enough to go over his pull-ups. I am happy that the ones from last year still fit! After five pairs of navy blue shorts, I do not ever want to sew anymore solid color items ever again! :wizard:

It has the Imke Shirt that can be made into a hoodie. It has the option of a round hood or a pointed hood.

There are 10 different projects listed in the index.

lol i just realized when i got outta the shower that i had forgotten the picture!!! so i have now posted it and wil do it here too! it's rally crisp b/w not the cream it looks in the picture.

So what are you planning to make with it? It is a very pretty print.

It has the Imke Shirt that can be made into a hoodie. It has the option of a round hood or a pointed hood.

I might have to invest in this book. I've been considering it for a while now but I haven't been ready to commit. I really hate tracing the patterns for the Vida, even though I love to make it. I love the patterns that I can just print off the computer like for the Simply Sweet.

so pretty....I bet you can get a lot of projects out of that big a piece of fabric.

:cool1: awesome..maybe I could just get the book for now, instead of the Olivia:thumbsup2

So what are you planning to make with it? It is a very pretty print.

I might have to invest in this book. I've been considering it for a while now but I haven't been ready to commit. I really hate tracing the patterns for the Vida, even though I love to make it. I love the patterns that I can just print off the computer like for the Simply Sweet.
Not really sure,it's 52x54 i think ,can't remember what i measured,hehe,long ahrd day at work! .
not sure if i wanna do a dress fro oldest dgd Elli,like a 50's looking with black bodie and ful skirt below the knee,she's 9. or save it incase her Mom has another baby { just remarried in march and the kids are already putting in their order for a bro or sis...}anyway i think it would be pretty babygirl stuff,crib blanket with hot pink backing,maybe th eminky stuff,so framed in pink frames for a nursery wall,wish i had more of it,it's target so maybe i need to keep check on clearance rack! but for $4 i couldn't pass it up...

Marianne - I meant to ask you, what book were the two designs you posted from? I love that skirt design! (Sorry if I just missed the mention somewhere!)

Sew Serendipity by Kay Whitt
http://http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Serendipity-Fresh-Pretty-Designs/dp/1440203571/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313717324&sr=8-1

I got my copy at Hancock with a 40% off Joann's coupon - that day I picked up two 1/4yd pieces of fabric and a 1 yd cut as well as the book and I still spent less than the $24.95 that was the cover price of the book :cool1:

Enabler ALERT

Dagnabit! :headache: I wasn't home then and I don't have the money right now anyway, but what a great deal!!!

There is also a HSN coupon code for new customers.

C56838-15% off one item. 09/30/11

Hi! :wave: Where have you been hiding???

Did it ever occur to you that my runway entry couldn't have gotten more than one vote if I didn't have more than one dis ID? How can you be sure that I'm not one of the people who got your address today?

Think about it. popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

:crazy: <---- but don't think too long or your face will freeze like

:rotfl2:
I'm not sure why, but my understadning is that it only works if you have a key pad (the square of numbers on the right hand side of your keyboard) not the numbers along the top.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ :dance3:

PS :teacher: Class, that was Lesson 3

I'm on a laptop, so no number keypad . . . probably why mine didn't work.

Why are you helping me justify the purchase of that book??? :rolleyes1

QUESTION: Does anyone who owns that book have experience with the pants pattern in it? They have "funky" knees??? Know which ones I mean? Are they a "girls only" pattern or do you think they're unisex?

Thank you to everyone with all of your support for Tyler. Unfortunately he is still the only one in the world with his exact chromosome deletion so we learn as we go. Simmons just did a study on kids with a 16p11.2 only deletion. Every child in the study had autism or autism spectrum. The doctor cannot udnerstand or explain why a child with a 16p11.2-13.1 deletion does not have it, but it is a good thing! He cannot read or write yet. He is trying. He goes to a regular school for right now and they pull him out for reading and math. I think he is doing amazing.

A few years ago I did not know how to sew. I received a sewing machine for mother's day and a how to book. I sew by trial and error. My seam ripper is my best friend. I am very grateful that I could make his school shorts since I could not find any on the market to go up and down without zippers. They also were not large enough to go over his pull-ups. I am happy that the ones from last year still fit! After five pairs of navy blue shorts, I do not ever want to sew anymore solid color items ever again! :wizard:

Genetics amaze me in their ability to have one tiny "oops" in them and yet cause such incredible differences . . . Here's to your son's -13 difference! I think it's amazing too!:hug:

And - here's to the seam ripper!!! One of my best friends too!:hug:

I just finished sewing my first two eye spy bags!!! I over-filled one of them and had to take out a bunch of pellets :eek: The vacuum is NOT going to like me tomorrow :rolleyes1 But I'm pleased with how they came out!

Now I need to go finish Miss Siennah's Princess jeans so I can put her birthday box in the mail tomorrow!!! I found the PERFECT birthday card for her today at AC Moore!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter