Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I'm so naive. I guess I should have known something was up in MN. (Don't the license plates there say MN: Where Trouble Starts?) :scratchin

So I was looking at Ginger's Book page (it's like Facebook, but for poeple who don't have a face).

She's wearing a t-shirt, that from appearances I'm guessing came from an upscale place like K-Mart or Target. I thought it implied that she and Dorrrine were BFFs. In light of what's happened, I wonder if it refers to Ale and Gigi?

:tilt: <------ I don't see a little yellow man kicking himself, so this guy will have to do

peas002.jpg

Where did I go wrong?

:thanks: I should probably thank you in advance, because I know you'll all rush to post that it wasn't ME that did anything wrong, it's TV influences, the media, the internet, her friends, but certainly nothing I did or didn't do.

You guys are the best!!!:grouphug:

I'm so naive. I guess I should have known something was up in MN. (Don't the license plates there say MN: Where Trouble Starts?) :scratchin

So I was looking at Ginger's Book page (it's like Facebook, but for poeple who don't have a face).

She's wearing a t-shirt, that from appearances I'm guessing came from an upscale place like K-Mart or Target. I thought it implied that she and Dorrrine were BFFs. In light of what's happened, I wonder if it refers to Ale and Gigi?

:tilt: <------ I don't see a little yellow man kicking himself, so this guy will have to do

peas002.jpg

Where did I go wrong?

:thanks: I should probably thank you in advance, because I know you'll all rush to post that it wasn't ME that did anything wrong, it's TV influences, the media, the internet, her friends, but certainly nothing I did or didn't do.

I think you should just put her in a shopping cart and give it a good push into the grocery store. Make sure someone is nearby with the motor running.

peas002.jpg

Where did I go wrong?

maybe Ginger needs to go to "AGA"....."American Girl Anonymous", they might be able to get her back on the straight and narrow, but then who would keep up entertained with her adventures :rotfl:

:wave2: Hello everyone we are back. Two weeks went by fast.:confused:

I had someone even stop me and ask if the dress DD had on was a Vida. She said she says she knows Teresa and Heather.

I will try to post pics later and will have to go back through many pages to see what everyone has been up too.:lmao:

th_peas002.jpg

Where did I go wrong?

You certainly did nothing wrong (well, aside form the slightly promiscuous strapless pillow case dress). I really think it was the influence of Dorine, yes, the one with one "r" and Marianne. I believe Ginger frequently looks over your shoulder when you are on the computer and sees all the corrupt writings between D and Marianne. I think they were a bad influence on her. Likewise, with D having all those AG dolls in her sig I'm sure it did no favors in Ginger remaining celibate. I think she was under the impression that D's AG dolls procreate so why shouldn't Ginger. She was just trying to do you proud.

Her new t is divine :) Much more appropriate for a righteous woman as herself.

I had someone even stop me and ask if the dress DD had on was a Vida. She said she says she knows Teresa and Heather.

I will try to post pics later and will have to go back through many pages to see what everyone has been up too.:lmao:
Welcome back! I hope we get to see pics of all those outfits in action!

PROJECT DISBOUT RUNWAY QUESTION
When submitting photos do we submit just one photo or is appropriate to submit more than one -- say front and back of an item/outfit or additional pics to show accessories? Do you want a brief writeup on the outfit and the inspiration so voters know how the project ties to the theme of Vintage Disney? And no, I am not ready to submit photos yet! Far from it!

peas002.jpg

Where did I go wrong?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah, I'd be willing to guess it's about the twins and NOT about her and Dorrrine :sad2:
But you're right, it wasn't you, it was her . . . I mean, she ran off BEFORE Dorrrine made her appearance, so it wasn't you bringing home that AG . . . although maybe she's jealous you didn't take her to NYC . . . :rolleyes1

WELCOME BACK!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!! The boys & I will be back in RI August 13th!

Okay Charlotte Disboutiquers, are you sitting down? I have some BIG NEWS!!! (and if you already knew this, why didn't you share???)

I went to Hancock Fabrics on South Blvd tonight trying to pick up a couple of things to finish these upcycled jeans I'm making for birthday gifts . . . and guess what the manager told me when I used my Joann's coupon to buy the Sew Serendipity book? Joann's is already stocking a store just down the road . . . in the Pineville Target shopping center! CAROLINA PAVILION is getting a JOANN'S!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

She said they're also opening one in Concord or Salsbury (again) . . .

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah, I'd be willing to guess it's about the twins and NOT about her and Dorrrine :sad2:
But you're right, it wasn't you, it was her . . . I mean, she ran off BEFORE Dorrrine made her appearance, so it wasn't you bringing home that AG . . . although maybe she's jealous you didn't take her to NYC . . . :rolleyes1

WELCOME BACK!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!! The boys & I will be back in RI August 13th!

Okay Charlotte Disboutiquers, are you sitting down? I have some BIG NEWS!!! (and if you already knew this, why didn't you share???)

I went to Hancock Fabrics on South Blvd tonight trying to pick up a couple of things to finish these upcycled jeans I'm making for birthday gifts . . . and guess what the manager told me when I used my Joann's coupon to buy the Sew Serendipity book? Joann's is already stocking a store just down the road . . . in the Pineville Target shopping center! CAROLINA PAVILION is getting a JOANN'S!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

She said they're also opening one in Concord or Salsbury (again) . . .

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana: OMG!!!! I so hope it is Salisbury! There is nowhere to buy fabric here! (Well we just got back the Wal-Mart fabric back!!!) I would just :woohoo: !!!!

Question

Carla C dolly pattern for a 15" doll, how do you make the bodice smaller?

Also has anyone added a velcro opening to the back? I am worried my dd wont be able to get the dress on.

I have been busy making rosetta bags. WTMTQ but I love everything that has been posted. The tink dress is amazing!!

Question??

I need a pattern recommendation for some shorts for DS9(he wears about a 8).

Also I finally made a "like" page for my stuff on facebook. I would love to share it, but I didn't know if it was ok??? Still not sure exactly what is ok on stuff like that.

:scared1: I hate it when the jellyfish are abundant. I bet the excessive heat has something to do with i. I haven't been to the beach yet this summer (that's what happens when you live 4 miles from the beach)

Glad you are having fun at the beach. Sorry to hear that the Jelly Fish are giving you a hard time - hope everyone is OK. Are they keeping you out of the water?

They are horrible. I honestly have never seen anything like it. I heard today that by mid day over 200 people had been stung, and that was only in 1 area. It is so sad to see the young children coming out the water crying. It feels like a bad bee sting, but luckliy only lasts about 30 min. We really aren't getting far in. I won't go much past my ankles.

I saw this on CM earlier this week. Sorry I didn't share. I have been reading more than posting this week.

Question????

Has anybody seen a Dr. Seuss embroidery font?

Thanks for the help with the Bambi question. I couldn't find a good applique Bambi face so I ended up doing the whole body. Maybe Heather Sue will do Bambi's face one day soon :)

I don't know if there is any Dr Seuss embroider font or not. There are some regular Dr Seuss fonts. I have design software that lets me take regular fonts and turn them into embroidery font. If there is something in particular that you are wanting I would be happy to do it for you. Just let me know.

I'm looking for a better basting stitch for embroidery. The free one on SWAK is driving me crazy...the start and stop stitches are so tiny they're difficult to remove. If anyone has a link to a good one (free is nice, but not required) I'd appreciate it. I need 4x4, 5x7 & 6x10. I had them saved in the sewing machine memory, it was something my mom had in there and I have no clue where it came from, but it worked well. I lost everything in the memory when the computer was changed out in it recently.

Thanks in advance!

Our 4 year old dd is in a full leg cast. She was jumping on a trampoline at our neighbours and fell while the other child was jumping causing her leg to break (she didn't fall off the trampoline, it has a full net).

206184_2297551396273_1173768420_32883635_5547589_n.jpg

So the pool party she was getting for her 4th birthday next week is completely out. Total panic about what to do now...

For her birthday I have decided to give her a aurora doll that is 15" and I am giving her my oak doll bed that my father made me as a child. We are going to make bedding for the bed and Pj's for her and the doll that match. As well as this dress, need to complete the matching doll dress.

Fruto76 is an amazing woman and picked up and then shipped to me some awesome creative cuts. The good vibes coming off of this fabric made it wonderful to sew with and really every time I look at the dress I see the kindness that was given to me. This might me the best thing I have ever made, it is certainly a favourite.

Full Dress
IMG_4862v1.jpg

Applique - Wings are a iridescent white cotton blend and are outlined with Silver metallic thread (total pain)
IMG_4866v1.jpg

Ric Rac trim on cuff
IMG_4864v1.jpg

Ric Rac on ruffled strap - had to take these off and redo since tinkerbell was upside down :eek:
IMG_4867v1.jpg

Close up of Material (tink)
IMG_4868v1.jpg

So I have enough fabric to make her a matching doll dress, and maybe if I cut carefully a skirt next year.
oh no! so sorry about your lil one!that is so scary! and that cast looks so uncomfy! my dgd Kensleigh fell climibing up the bunkneds on Christmas Eve when she was 5,fractured the top arm bone { can't think of the name this early} no cast because of where the break was but opening Sanat the next morning was hard with the sling! but her twin Gracie was a sweetie and opened Kens before her own!
LOVE the Tink dress!!!! so pretty,i need to get some ricrac and try it,i'm still scared about lining it up evenly...

Ale is pronounced Ail, D is correct, but the boys have been calling him BB (short for Baby Beer :rotfl: because they know Ale & Beer are about the same thing and Finn said, "His name is BEER?" when I told them his name

He's taken a real liking to Finn, btw . . . probably because they both enjoy running around the house nekked as a jaybird So no, I haven't sewn him an outfit yet because he won't stay still long enough for me to measure him!

Okay - answer me this (and you can only choose one):
T-shirt
Jeans
Peasant

Pick one :-)

ROFL about Beer... And we thought that Ginger had a complex... Ale is bound to get one with a nickname like that. :rotfl:

I am going with tshirt on this one.

I just booked a trip to Disney January 28-February 4! :banana::banana::banana: Free dining came out for those dates today, so I couldn't resist!!

Congrats... I wish I could talk DH into a trip sooner...

the shorts come from 3/2007. I have made several items from that edition already, and there are a few more I will be trying.

These are also from the 3/2007 edition:

IMG_7187 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_7090 by tricialee22, on Flickr

These are awesome - I just love the rollup overalls! Cute!

Spent 2 hours on the phone today with disney to upgrade to the free dining, went ahead and upgraded from POFQ to AKL for just a couple hundred more :banana::banana: My hubby will be happy because he is total deluxe snob, only wants to stay at a deluxe.
:woohoo:

Yay!!! Not about the 2 hours on the phone - but getting free dining is awesome!

Actually, it's Land of 10,000 Lakes... Not sure where you got the trouble part? :confused3

peas002.jpg

Where did I go wrong?

Poor Ginger... she must really miss the twins???

Yes, I agree - we are the best. :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for noticing. :)

Welcome home... That is awesome that someone came up to you and asked if that was a Vida. :lovestruc Can't wait to see all the pictures.

You certainly did nothing wrong (well, aside form the slightly promiscuous strapless pillow case dress).
I agree, I really think it was the pillowcase dress that did Ginger in.

I really think it was the influence of Dorine, yes, the one with one "r" and Marianne. I believe Ginger frequently looks over your shoulder when you are on the computer and sees all the corrupt writings between D and Marianne. I think they were a bad influence on her. Likewise, with D having all those AG dolls in her sig I'm sure it did no favors in Ginger remaining celibate. I think she was under the impression that D's AG dolls procreate so why shouldn't Ginger. She was just trying to do you proud.

Whoa horsey... It's not like I grabbed Ginger by the neck and forced her to read... it's not like she has a head (or eyes) for that matter... Someone, and I am not naming names, would have had to read our comments to her. I think you should look for the corruption in your own barbed wire building complex... :confused3

No sewing for me today... I promised the girls a trip to the amusment park, after that we are going for lunch, then to the MOA. Should be a fun packed day - I hope.

I am trying to figure out a way that my swap outfit I am making for another board can tie into the Runway project - since that's the only thing I've managed to work on this week. :confused3 There are dots on it - but they are pretty vague - how dotty does it have to be????

D~

I think it's pronounced "Ail" but I am not certain... Maryanne??? Help us out here.

I am so excited for you... and JEALOUS in a big way. I saw on FB this morning the free dining was offered - and I just wanted to jump all over it. :surfweb:

I am so sorry about dd... my youngest dd was in a full leg cast like that at 18 months... It won't be long and she'll be running around like there's no cast there at all. Kids are so resilliant. I sure hope it isn't too painful for her right now. :lovestruc

Then - your tinkerbell dress is amazing! That is my all time favorite Tink fabric and I just love everything about your dress! :lovestruc

Braces are not cheap. Make sure you have lots of advil for the days following when she gets them on.

Can't wait to see your vintage machine, do you plan to sew on it?

D~

If I can get the machine cleaned up I might use it to sew. Actually I may wind up with more than one. There are at least 5 machines up there 2 are already spoken for my great grandmothers and my grand mothers. Mom is taking them. I am thinking I may take my great aunts and a mystery machine. ;)

PROJECT DISBOUT RUNWAY QUESTION
When submitting photos do we submit just one photo or is appropriate to submit more than one -- say front and back of an item/outfit or additional pics to show accessories? Do you want a brief writeup on the outfit and the inspiration so voters know how the project ties to the theme of Vintage Disney? And no, I am not ready to submit photos yet! Far from it!

I was going to say you were busy.

I had a horrible day yesterday. Went to the orthodontist with the girl. Then I took my son to the sensory gym where he went into major meltdown mode for about 10 minutes and I am battered and bruised I am so sore today that instead of going to the gym I am going to go for a walk in my neighborhood.

I need to get back on track with sewing and I want to work on the Project Runway thing if I can. I have an idea for it.

No sewing for me today... I promised the girls a trip to the amusment park, after that we are going for lunch, then to the MOA. Should be a fun packed day - I hope.

I am trying to figure out a way that my swap outfit I am making for another board can tie into the Runway project - since that's the only thing I've managed to work on this week. :confused3 There are dots on it - but they are pretty vague - how dotty does it have to be????

D~
Have fun at the amusement park -- I hope you are having a late lunch -- you need to spend some time at the AP. MOA sounds like fun!

I know the project doesn't need to be overly dotty. The requirement was just one fabric with dots needed and it didn't specify a size so I think even a dress with dotted panties could work! No applique though -- so if you appliqued the project will not qualify. I had to get creative since we couldn't applique. The theme is also Vintage Disney so you'd likely want your outfit to tie into that. There were a couple of other rules but I can't recall what they were -- I better go look though to make sure I'm keeping in line. I think the other rules stated the outfit could be for a boy or girl and may include accessories if you'd like. Later it was clarified that the project does not have to be an outfit -- it could be a purse or anything else.

I think (don't quote me on any of this) you can submit something you already made. I don't want to do that -- I am taking these challenges as challenges to come up with something new and I also want to work within the timeline specified. That's just for me personally though ~ I don't care if others submit things they've already done.

If I can get the machine cleaned up I might use it to sew. Actually I may wind up with more than one. There are at least 5 machines up there 2 are already spoken for my great grandmothers and my grand mothers. Mom is taking them. I am thinking I may take my great aunts and a mystery machine. ;)

I had a horrible day yesterday. Went to the orthodontist with the girl. Then I took my son to the sensory gym where he went into major meltdown mode for about 10 minutes and I am battered and bruised I am so sore today that instead of going to the gym I am going to go for a walk in my neighborhood.

I need to get back on track with sewing and I want to work on the Project Runway thing if I can. I have an idea for it.
I'm excited to see what machines you are getting! My mom no longer has her old machine. I have no idea what she did with it. She wanted something that didn't have to be in a cabinet and now just has a portable -- probably a Singer but I'm not sure. Neither of my grandmas ever had machines. I am willing to bet dh's mom had one or several good ol ones, but the family cleaned out her house a couple of years ago (she has dementia and was a major hoarder -- saved everything including dead batteries and light bulbs, and they found a five year old ham in the frig!). Also, dh has four sisters and I think most of them sew so they'd probably get first dibs rather than the mean DIL that no longer allows MIL to come visit.

Sorry for your rotten day yesterday. I really feel for you. I hope today is a thousand times better :flower3:

I am reposting Joni's edited post that includes the updated rules to keep it current:

Disboutique Runway
Here it is...what you have all been waiting for...
Disboutique Runway

The first week's challenge is Vintage Disney.

Rules:
1. Must include one fabric that has dots (any color)
2. No appliques (hand or machine), no decoupage, no embroidery fills
3. May be boys, girls or adults. May also be a purse, bag, laptop case, apron...any sewn item!
4. Accessories may be included but not required

The idea is to go back to basics and use different fabrics and notions to get your point of view across. We also want to include all skills levels, beginning to the most advanced.

Send a picture of completed outfit to my email at PrincessKayla. Or PM me a link to your outfit. Deadline for entries for the week will be Monday, August 8 at 11:59 pm, Eastern time. I will post all entries on a seperate thread Tuesday morning with no names included to identify the creator. The thread will be open for voting for one week, and voting will end on Friday at 11:59 pm. Winners of the week - the Disboutique Sewing Princess will be announced on Saturday morning, as well as the creators of each outfit. Winners of this week's challenge will receive a pattern of your choice from You Can Make This. com.

The friendly competition will last 8 weeks with a different theme each week to get our creative juices flowing. Each week will have specific rules. Winners will be determined by majority votes. All votes will be counted towards the final prize of Disboutique Sewing Queen. It is not manadatory you enter every week, however, the more weeks you enter, the more votes you will receive towards the final prize.

(I am sorry this is posted so late - I had to help deliver a baby. Stupid work, interfering with my posting )

It's actually the simply sweet halter by CarlaC with a strip work skirt. I did adjust it a bit though...I made the under arm portion a little higher (if that makes sense) and then added length to the bottom. I needed to accommodate a taller applique. Then I made the back piece the same height. The straps are much longer and I added loops to the back bodice so it's not such a halter.

On this one I actually put the top together differently too. Instead of putting the front bodice together separate of the back I sew the front and back main together and the front and back lining together and then sewed those two "tubes" together. Then I just did 4 (will depend on length) rows 1" apart and inserted my elastic into the back.

So, I am sure that is all clear as mud. Besides the lengthening you could follow CarlaCs directions just add more rows of elastic.

Good luck - Jessica

That was very clear! Thanks a bunch! I love the back. I am not usually crazy about halter dresses but with the loops on the back plus the elastic, I think it probably fits wonderfully!

I think I've finally figured out what I'll do for the Runway project . . .

BUT, I now have more dining reservations to figure out because we just switched our reservations from SSR with regular dining plan to CBR (pirate rooms) with DELUXE dining and we're SAVING $500 (more if you take into account the OOP meals we would have had to pay for with our first reservation)!!!!!

Of course, now the boys are going to HAVE to have awesome pirate outfits and jammies :rolleyes1

That is great! So nice to be able to save some money!

Our 4 year old dd is in a full leg cast. She was jumping on a trampoline at our neighbours and fell while the other child was jumping causing her leg to break (she didn't fall off the trampoline, it has a full net).

206184_2297551396273_1173768420_32883635_5547589_n.jpg

So the pool party she was getting for her 4th birthday next week is completely out. Total panic about what to do now...

For her birthday I have decided to give her a aurora doll that is 15" and I am giving her my oak doll bed that my father made me as a child. We are going to make bedding for the bed and Pj's for her and the doll that match. As well as this dress, need to complete the matching doll dress.

Fruto76 is an amazing woman and picked up and then shipped to me some awesome creative cuts. The good vibes coming off of this fabric made it wonderful to sew with and really every time I look at the dress I see the kindness that was given to me. This might me the best thing I have ever made, it is certainly a favourite.

Full Dress
IMG_4862v1.jpg

Applique - Wings are a iridescent white cotton blend and are outlined with Silver metallic thread (total pain)
IMG_4866v1.jpg

Ric Rac trim on cuff
IMG_4864v1.jpg

Ric Rac on ruffled strap - had to take these off and redo since tinkerbell was upside down :eek:
IMG_4867v1.jpg

Close up of Material (tink)
IMG_4868v1.jpg

So I have enough fabric to make her a matching doll dress, and maybe if I cut carefully a skirt next year.

The dress is beautiful! So sorry about the little one's cast. They do heal very quickly though and at least she didn't have to wear it for the entire summer. It will be off before you know it.

I don't know if there is any Dr Seuss embroider font or not. There are some regular Dr Seuss fonts. I have design software that lets me take regular fonts and turn them into embroidery font. If there is something in particular that you are wanting I would be happy to do it for you. Just let me know.

Thanks but I ended up not needing it. I was supposed to do Thing shirts for some friends who are heading to Universal. They wanted names on the shirts too but then changed their minds.

All booked for our Jan/Feb trip! :banana::banana::banana:
Jan29-Feb4 with Free Dining! And I got all my ADR's we wanted! Going to do the Hoop De doo revue! YEAH! So excited! Just 178 days till we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter