Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Beautiful! Maybe Ginger would like to buy it from you! She seems the villainous type lately. I really like the colors and the applique.

If Ginger buys it - I will have to let it out a bit - I made it to fit an AG and not a GA - unfortunately.

I think it was Ellen who made the villain Insa's for Madison's MAW cruise.
I am so sorry - I couldn't remember for the life of me who made the Insas... I knew it was either Ellen or Anita (I am so sorry to confuse you)... So, which ever one of you made the Insa - thank you so much for letting me case you. :worship:

I've been meaning to ask you, how do you like having carpeting in your sewing room? I am such a thread dropper that I love having a tile floor to sweep and even right outside the laundry room the carpet gets covered with trails of thread and it drives me bonkers. Are you just a really neat sewer that uses the trash can properly? I wonder if I taped a little trash bag to my sewing table that I might get neater. I do know if I had more space I'd be neater (the mess would be spread out more so at least it might appear neater!).

I don't mind having carpet. I have thread catchers all over the room... I have a Donald Duck cup that I use next to my sewing machine for threads and such. I have a trash can under my machine to empty the DD cup into (and no, I am not referring to my coconuts), and I have another trash can under my cutting area. The room is so small - I could probably make do with one trash can - but I am lazy and I would hate to have to reach any farther than absolutely necessary.

The only part that annoys me a bit about the carpet is that if I drop a pin - I search for it forever and I do it right away, so I don't step on it later. Oh, and it takes a bit of effort to roll around on the carpet on my chair. Otherwise, the carpet is OK.

I saw some zebra print duct tape at Joann's the other day . . .
There's Hello Kitty duct tape at Target...

And then I cannot find Finn's pair of Star Wars jeans, which is what the boys wanted to wear to travel in tomorrow - so I found myself suckered into making them each a pair of Star Wars: The Clone Wars easy fits with side pockets :rolleyes1 They're almost done (just have to do the waistbands!) and then I can pack the carry-ons, etc.

LOL Suckered my foot... hehehe - deep down - I firmly believe - you really wanted to make those pants for them. :lmao:

I'm hoping for WiFi on my flight tomorrow, but just in case - D~where should I meet you for my abduction in Minneapolis tomorrow? The flight lands at 10:30. Kirsten wants to know if she's allowed to come with even if she doesn't have any customs yet and is still in "recovery mode" with her hospital gown on?

Well, come out the doors by baggage claim, and turn right... go all the way down to the end of the road, before it curves to the left. I will send a black Lincoln Town Car with tinted windows to pick you up - the driver's name will be JimBob - give him my address and he will drop you off at my house. Don't let him charge you for the ride, as I have already made arrangements. :wizard: And just so you know, if you are not here by noon - we'll eat with out you. popcorn::

Have a safe flight and a fun trip. :thumbsup2

D~

Finished my Epcot top/dress it ended up longer than I hoped :confused3 But I am still really happy with it over all.

Mickey head flags, Canadian, US, Norway, Ireland, United Kingdom.

I HATE HATE HATE gathering, but I think this turned out pretty well.

259892_2283449123725_1173768420_32862543_822959_n.jpg

Back
183877_2283449363731_1173768420_32862545_7975660_n.jpg

Please ignore my recycling bins in the corner :eek:
The dress is beautiful and your little girl is adorable.

Inspired by the Villians Insa from a few weeks ago (I think it was Anita's)... Anyways - it finally inspired me to start my Villian's series - I'd been procrastinating because I was unsure of what to do with it - and the Insa inspired me to applique. :) I only have one done so far, because I've been working hard on the BG and other things (um, tags)... So, here's the first release - Ursula...

IMG_a1698.jpg

Oh - and the dress isn't crooked - but the camera is. LOL

Close-up of the hand applique... her entire face is hand appliqued, as well. That part was really time consuming - however - not nearly as bad as hand embroidering.
IMG_a1700.jpg

Back:
IMG_a1702.jpg

That's all, for now. :lovestruc

D~

I love the Ursula dress. I can't believe you did all the applique by hand! You are awesome!

I was going through the extra feet that came with my sewing machine and with my serger (I bought them both second hand and they came with a bunch of different feet). There are a few that I don't know what they are or what they are used for. With my serger there are special feet for cording and for beading. I am not sure I will ever use those!

Also, I have never used a walking foot before. What do you use it for? I have seen some discussion recently about them but I wasn't sure what you do with it???? I did not get one with my machine and I am wondering if it is something I might find useful. I haven't bought any new sewing stuff (besides thread and fabric) in quite a while and I was wondering if a walking foot might be something I would use.

QUESTION
*L* Okay I just purchased one of these, please explain to me how to use this silly thing

Second Question,

Where can I get my hands on Little Einsteins Appliques??
I found June and the Rocket ship so far:
http://www.sweetpeasplace.com/chara....html?osCsid=599918cd1ae46b3b398ece3bd870a8e9

If Ginger buys it - I will have to let it out a bit - I made it to fit an AG and not a GA - unfortunately.

I don't mind having carpet. I have thread catchers all over the room... I have a Donald Duck cup that I use next to my sewing machine for threads and such. I have a trash can under my machine to empty the DD cup into (and no, I am not referring to my coconuts), and I have another trash can under my cutting area. The room is so small - I could probably make do with one trash can - but I am lazy and I would hate to have to reach any farther than absolutely necessary.

The only part that annoys me a bit about the carpet is that if I drop a pin - I search for it forever and I do it right away, so I don't step on it later. Oh, and it takes a bit of effort to roll around on the carpet on my chair. Otherwise, the carpet is OK.

There's Hello Kitty duct tape at Target...

D~
I think if Ginger was reshaped a bit (i.e. squashed/dented up) it would work. I think the color of the dress would go well with her new hair do.

AC Moore has all sorts of duct tape and you can use a coupon there :)

I just think about your carpeted room every time I sweep mine (about five times a day when I'm sewing!) and figure at our next house we'll get a 6 bdrm so I can have sewing room but then got to thinking that I would need to have that room tiled or hardwood b/c I couldn't deal with the thread on carpeting. It seems as though a few of you have carpet though! I also actually really like sewing in the laundry room so will probably just have a gigantic lr built at our next house and would tile that. Just planning for the future!

Also, I have never used a walking foot before. What do you use it for? I have seen some discussion recently about them but I wasn't sure what you do with it???? I did not get one with my machine and I am wondering if it is something I might find useful. I haven't bought any new sewing stuff (besides thread and fabric) in quite a while and I was wondering if a walking foot might be something I would use.
Apparently good for sewing with knits and vinyl. I have pretty good luck using a plastic foot with vinyl or sandwiching it between fabric. I've sewn on knits without issue on my sister's machine, but am going to try the tear away stabilizer on mine b/f I invest in a walking foot. I bought the Olivia b/c my dd loves that style and loves the comfort of knits, but I have yet to trace it out let alone order fabric. Our local stores knits are hideous.

Well this is the latest I've ever made the move.:sad2: But I do have an excuse! I just got home from a 13 day family vacation!:) Now to go back and try and catch up. I tried to stay caught up on my Ipad but the WiFii in the hotels and condos were soooooo slow that it wasn't worth it.

Yay for the ruffler! :) Here's the link to Carla C's Ruffler tutorial - a free download...
https://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/free-the-ruffler-unruffled.htm

Sorry, I can't help you with the LE Appliques.

D~

COmpletely AWESOME link! Thank you very much, and after reading all 30 pages I have come to the conclution that the "universal" ruffler I purchased is completely not right for my machine. :headache: Hopefully I can return it and buy the babylock one.

LOL Suckered my foot... hehehe - deep down - I firmly believe - you really wanted to make those pants for them. :lmao:

Yup, totally suckered . . . after I finished the pants I decided they didn't have any Star Wars shirts that looked "right" with this blue on blue material, so I raided their closets and appliqued pieces of the design to white t-shirts for them to wear . . . like I said, TOTALLY suckered :rolleyes1

Well, come out the doors by baggage claim, and turn right... go all the way down to the end of the road, before it curves to the left. I will send a black Lincoln Town Car with tinted windows to pick you up - the driver's name will be JimBob - give him my address and he will drop you off at my house. Don't let him charge you for the ride, as I have already made arrangements. :wizard: And just so you know, if you are not here by noon - we'll eat with out you. popcorn::

Seeing as I have to be up by 5:15am so I can shower and fix my hair before we head to the airport, if the three hooligans I'm traveling with give me any trouble, I should be there in time for lunch popcorn::

Have a safe flight and a fun trip. :thumbsup2

D~

Wish me luck!!! That fabric store I was telling you about, the fact that there's a Joann's and I'm crossing my fingers that their Walmart carries Creative Cuts and has them on clearance, and the mani/pedi "date" I have with DH's cousin's wife are what are getting me to Montana ;)

I could really use some inspirational pictures for Hopp Dee Doo outfits, so if anyone else has any, I would greatly appreciate you posting them! I am making my last fabric run tomorrow, I keep telling myself I have to stop, so I need a really good list of everything I need!

I've been trying to fing time to post these Hoop Dee Doo pictures for you. The girls got lots of attention from the girls in the cast. They recieved two visits and they even remembered my girls names.
hoop.jpg

054.jpg

I'm going to try to re-post the multi-quote I lost a few days ago. I was so behind I actually had to go back to Thread 25 so I could get caught up on the ongoing saga of Dorrrine and Ginger, lol. So funny, thanks for the laughs!

I don't think I ever posted these outfits I made for a Give

Pink Cindy dress.
262626_10150228958808160_677208159_7375316_4233387_n.jpg

Belle (this one is teensie tiny!)
264873_10150228958853160_677208159_7375317_4678679_n.jpg

and Cinderella for the Wish Girl

271059_10150228958888160_677208159_7375318_217515_n.jpg

10150228958708160_677208159_7375312_1797488_n.jpg[/IMG]

QUOTE]

Those are beautiful!

Here are some things I've made since I last posted. I made this dress for
Tessa out of the wrap top and dress from YCMT:
249548_2051954548451_1532147504_32199255_4055267_a.jpg

Sawyer's 5th birthday outfit by special request:
283923_2197093096824_1532147504_32317753_833346_a.jpg

_]

I really love the wrap dress. I'm thinking I need that pattern.

Some lovely outfits guys:thumbsup2

T
Picture1003.jpg

Really cute!

Love that AK dress!

Your creations are always beautiful but I LOVE that tink set. I'm scared of that pattern!

Cars Shorts & SHirt
005.jpg

Pirate Shorts & Shirt (I am so happy I splurged on this japanese fabric)
006.jpg

Nemo
007.jpg

009.jpg

They are all super cute but my fave is the pirate outfit!

WOW!!! I can't believe you hand-appliqued that on a dress to fit an AG doll! I think you have outdone yourself this time and that is saying something!:worship:

I
259892_2283449123725_1173768420_32862543_822959_n.jpg

Back
183877_2283449363731_1173768420_32862545_7975660_n.jpg

:

That turned out great! I wish I could fine some of that fabric!

I would like to clarify a mistake I keep seeing over and over.

Ladies (I don't need to include Tom since he and I have had this conversation:cutie:),

You are defining "need" in the wrong way. I keep seeing people say "I don't need any fabric". Let me clarify for you, you need fabric. How do I know this? If fabric is for sale-you need it. This a lesson I (and many others) have learned the hard way. You see a fabric and think "I don't need that", you go home and weeks or months later you say "I wish I had bought that fabric it is perfect for XXXXX". So you go back to the store and the fabric is GONE and they are not getting anymore EVER. (Trust me it happens LOL) Now the bad thing is after you make the item with another fabric, you will see the fabric again-but it will 3 times the price.:sad1:

:teacher:Save yourself the gray hair and BUY the fabric when you see it.

If your husband complains about the money you are spending on fabric-just remind him fabric is cheaper that diamonds pirate:

And one other tip-
size DOES matter.......... and one yard is NEVER enough!:sad1: (So buy two while they are on sale:thumbsup2).

Disclaimer:
The above message was brought to you by the fabric brokers of America.

I'm kidding....... well atleast about the fabric broker of America part.

Why are you still reading? Why aren't you out buying fabric?:car:

Ha! That's my kind of logic!

I've been trying to fing time to post these Hoop Dee Doo pictures for you. The girls got lots of attention from the girls in the cast. They recieved two visits and they even remembered my girls names.
hoop.jpg

054.jpg

SO ADORABLE!!! I can see why they got lots of attention!!!:lovestruc

Everything is so cute- I can't mutiquot though cuz of the iPhone... Love th Ursula dress especially- missed a bunch of pages before that that though.

Slightly OT question-
A lot of y'all have done Hoop De Do- Dd's trip is in nov and I. Got all the "must have" ressies like Cali grill, flying fish, etc. But though she'll enjoy it, she's not gonna be that into it kwim? So I'm thinking about swapping for HDDR- plus, it's an excuse for another cute outfit, right? It's super expensive though since she's a Disney adult but doesn't eat much (so for most o our sit downs we are Planning like 1-2 apps, maybe 2 entrees for the 3 of us)... She's so proud of the fact that she's starting to "get" humor, but with her ASD she catches the real obvious stuff only, so from what I've seen she would probably find the show hysterical. Cso would you go if you were me?

I love the Ursula dress. I can't believe you did all the applique by hand! You are awesome!

I was going through the extra feet that came with my sewing machine and with my serger (I bought them both second hand and they came with a bunch of different feet). There are a few that I don't know what they are or what they are used for. With my serger there are special feet for cording and for beading. I am not sure I will ever use those!

Thank you. :lovestruc

I purchased my walking foot to work with the vinyl I was using for luggage tags... many people use the walking foot for quilting (or going through several layers) - it keeps the layers from shifting while you are sewing.

I justified mine because I purchased it on Amazon for $29... The Brother store wanted $79 and that wasn't even the Brother foot - it was an off brand. I could barely justify the $29, because I knew I wouldn't use it often - and I haven't.

I think if Ginger was reshaped a bit (i.e. squashed/dented up) it would work. I think the color of the dress would go well with her new hair do.

Maybe - I think she would have to suck it in quite far though.

I just think about your carpeted room every time I sweep mine (about five times a day when I'm sewing!) and figure at our next house we'll get a 6 bdrm so I can have sewing room but then got to thinking that I would need to have that room tiled or hardwood b/c I couldn't deal with the thread on carpeting. It seems as though a few of you have carpet though! I also actually really like sewing in the laundry room so will probably just have a gigantic lr built at our next house and would tile that. Just planning for the future!

Honestly - I have yet to even vaccuum my sewing room - maybe I am a bit more anal than I thought I was about scraps - every time I see one, I just pick it up - but there really aren't that many. The only reason I did carpet, is that there really wasn't any other option for us in that room. We have the old farm house wood floors - and if I was to try and roll around on those, I'd get stuck in every single gap in the floor boards - I did want to paint them white - but, as DH pointed out - our floors are very uneven in that room, and if I didn't get stuck in the grooves, I'd roll away. THe carpet keeps me in one spot - LOL.

Well this is the latest I've ever made the move.:sad2: But I do have an excuse! I just got home from a 13 day family vacation!:) Now to go back and try and catch up. I tried to stay caught up on my Ipad but the WiFii in the hotels and condos were soooooo slow that it wasn't worth it.

Welcome back!

COmpletely AWESOME link! Thank you very much, and after reading all 30 pages I have come to the conclution that the "universal" ruffler I purchased is completely not right for my machine. :headache: Hopefully I can return it and buy the babylock one.

Oh no! I hope you are able to get a new one - they are not cheap.

Just wow! at your creation and...best.ruffle.ever! :)

Awww - thanks. :) It was so much fun to make!

Yup, totally suckered . . . after I finished the pants I decided they didn't have any Star Wars shirts that looked "right" with this blue on blue material, so I raided their closets and appliqued pieces of the design to white t-shirts for them to wear . . . like I said, TOTALLY suckered :rolleyes1

ROFLMAO!!! :lmao: See, that's the problem with us (as in everyone here) - I've said it before - we just can't stop with one thing... it's not like when you are at a store, they are sold out of something you wanted - you just make do. Oh noooooo - not us - we just shrug our shoulders and make more. LOL

Wish me luck!!! That fabric store I was telling you about, the fact that there's a Joann's and I'm crossing my fingers that their Walmart carries Creative Cuts and has them on clearance, and the mani/pedi "date" I have with DH's cousin's wife are what are getting me to Montana ;)

I am excited to hear about your fabric store trip - you'll have fun. You know what you could do??? You could stalk their Craigslist while you are there - buy a cheap sewing machine (make sure it's loud) - set it up in your IL's livingroom and start making stuff. THen, every time your MIL starts to annoy you, you can just revvv your machine and make something. You'll have a whole wardrobe done by the time you come back. :thumbsup2 Then when your week is up, you can put that machine back on Craigslist and recoup your $$. See... not such a bad trip after all.

hoop.jpg

054.jpg

These are so cute! I just love the family photo!

Everything is so cute- I can't mutiquot though cuz of the iPhone... Love th Ursula dress especially- missed a bunch of pages before that that though.

Thank you. :lovestruc

Slightly OT question-
A lot of y'all have done Hoop De Do- Dd's trip is in nov and I. Got all the "must have" ressies like Cali grill, flying fish, etc. But though she'll enjoy it, she's not gonna be that into it kwim? So I'm thinking about swapping for HDDR- plus, it's an excuse for another cute outfit, right? It's super expensive though since she's a Disney adult but doesn't eat much (so for most o our sit downs we are Planning like 1-2 apps, maybe 2 entrees for the 3 of us)... She's so proud of the fact that she's starting to "get" humor, but with her ASD she catches the real obvious stuff only, so from what I've seen she would probably find the show hysterical. Cso would you go if you were me?

Sorry I am no help with your question - but I've always wanted to go to this show, but I always back out because it's so expensive. I would love to hear what everyone has to say about it too.

And I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments on my Ursula dress - I had so much fun making that applique - and I couldn't do it on any other dress because this one, the panels were just right for that. :love:

I hope to finish my BG outfits today, they are coming together nicely. :)

D~

hoop.jpg

054.jpg
love those outfits and your girls are too cute! looks like a great family fun time...

D you just gave the idea to bring my embroidery machine upstairs and work on the big give I have to finish.

I need to walk tothe mailbox in a few minutes and drop a few things off.

Scrap heaven - love the epcot dress. My boys wore Canada Mickey heads last time we were at epcot and got lots of comments.

D - Ursula is gorgeous. :love:

Dianemem2. - I use my walking foot for quilting, or if I am having trouble sewing many layers together, and sometimes on knits that are giving me a hard time.

Andrea - the Olivia pattern sew up really easy and is so cute on. You will love it.

Little peppers - the girls look so cute at hoop dee do.

I forgot to mention yesterday I stopped back into our Walmart after DD's allergy shot. We checked out the fabric dept. No fabric on clearance AT ALL! Not even the $5 packages although they had tons of them 10 days ago. They did have lots of new patterns of Creative Cuts that they were putting out. I was sorry that I bothered to go in since it was 105 degrees yesterday!

My sewing room has carpet too. But I have 2 trash cans in there to make sure I get the threads in there. And my serger has a little trash can attached to it to catch all the stuff that gets cut off. I think that really helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter