• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 26 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Here are some Simply Sweets that I've made. I've made some for my nieces that I don't have photos of. I looove this pattern and am so glad I read about it here. I would also loooove a recommendation of another pattern that you ladies love so that dd's dresses don't all look the same. :rotfl:

This is the first one I made. The bodice is a bit too wide and the skirt's a bit too short. I learned for dd's body type to do the bodice a size smaller and the skirt longer. That's the nice thing about making clothes - you can make them really fit! It has ric rac at the bottom and a flower made w/the ric rac and a button.
IMG_8459.jpg

This one has a ribbon ruffle at the bottom. Need to make a bow for her hair. The color of the photo is a bit off...
simplysweet1-1.jpg

I've shared this before. It's her Cinderella's castle breakfast gown. I made it after getting the pattern down pat.
Cindy3-1.jpg

This tink dress is upcycled with tutus from the dollar section of Target. I bought 4 green and white ones, took the elastic out of them, and sewed them together so I had a 4 layer tutu. Then I made a tube of the green fabric (which came fully prepped w/elastic threads all shirred). I used a gathering stich to make the tutu the correct size and sewed it to the bottom of the green fabric. There are green ribbon straps at the top hidden by dd's hair.
I made ds' pj pants using this tute: (http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Sew-Your-Own-Pajama-Pants/) and appliqued one of the aliens to an Old Navy shirt.

tinkdress-1.jpg

IMG_8436-1-1.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - THANK YOU for inspiring me to start sewing again after a 20+ year hiatus! Between making my prom dress (back in the 80s :scared1: ) and this year, I hadn't sewn anything but a few throw pillows on a friend's borrowed machine. We're clearing out the basement so that I can have my machine set up all the time and don't have to take over the dining room to sew! And if I keep this up, I plan to ask for a serger for Christmas.:woohoo:

I would like to clarify a mistake I keep seeing over and over.

Ladies (I don't need to include Tom since he and I have had this conversation:cutie:),

You are defining "need" in the wrong way. I keep seeing people say "I don't need any fabric". Let me clarify for you, you need fabric.
Why are you still reading? Why aren't you out buying fabric?:car:

:laughing::rotfl::laughing:
Reminds me of a site I had bookmarked to show my DH...
"How to buy fabric"
http://www.dressaday.com/2007/03/howto-buy-fabric.html
:rotfl2:

My boys are 25 and 22 now, but you just made me have a flashback. And I can honestly say that just for a minute I missed those days. I love that they are successful and independent now, but I do miss the days when they needed me, and drove me crazy at the same time. (Well they do still drive me crazy, just in different ways now.)

I remind myself that I'll miss these days (I think that's what keeps me from completely losing it when they do things like almost snapping my wrist because they're wrestling at the cutting table) . . . and I know for the most part they are REALLY good ... and it's always nice to hear that they DO manage to grow up...

So you can confirm that my directions are quite clear, and the manicured lawn and expensive cars in the driveway make it easy to spot.
Those are all the doctor's cars, right? Don't you have a driver to take you to the fabric stores, etc. (you know, to make sure you get back ok)

Are you telling me that I need to add #11 to my list of ways to "spend" summer vacation? Buy an iphone?

if they can make a little guy who waves, maybe they can make a little guy pulling out his pockets showing there's no money in them!!!

Sure, buy an iphone! Best bet is to buy the 3Gs for $49 or buy it second hand from someone upgrading ... there's all kinds of things you can do with one!!!

of course, you could just buy an iPad with 3G . . . then you can have all your ebook patterns on it for easy portability and reference and you won't have to fire up that dinosaur in the basement anymore . . . I take my iPad everywhere (although I don't have a data plan, so I still need my phone for coupons, etc) when buying fabric, etc. so I can figure out yardage of a certain pattern . . .

Of course, there is that pesky little guy with the empty pockets... he lives at my house . . . I wouldn't have either my iphone or my ipad if it weren't for working for my Dad on top of everything else I do . . .
What she said, except mine are 24 and soon to be 26.
:)
Hi folks, I just joined the facebook group as I am planning outfits for our september trip. I can't wait to sew for her this time since she should be walking and outfits are so much cuter when they are standing!

Looking forward to posting pictures soon.
:welcome:

we were at 39th and 6th for our hotel! walked everywhere!

Saturday we went from hotel to time square, back to lunch by hotel, up to AG, Rockefeller Center, back to Time Square with some friends....then met other friends at the Ninetendo store at Rockefeller, so walked back up there...then NHL store, then to subway down to Financial District for dinner, walked around there, subway back up to GrandCentral then walked back to hotel had very tired tooties that day
hope you enjoyed your lunch at AG!

Sounds like one of my day trips to the city! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Was at one of the 2 local Walmarts this morning and found their fabric was $1.29 for broadcloth, $1.49 for solids, and $1.97 for patterned. The manager was nearby and I asked him to check the prices (they weren't marked those prices) and he about passed out! No one knew they had been marked down!

However, he did confirm that the fabric dept is coming back! :banana::cool1::banana::cool1: They aleady have 2 pallets of fabric in and sometime in August they will be setting it up! Now, off to the other walmart to see what they have! I love getting fabric this cheap!

Awesome!

ROFL about the bribery.

Patience can't do a satin stitch. She is a straight stitch only machine. I use one of the brothers to do all my appliques. The first Singer machine to be able to do a satin stitch/zig-zag is the Singer 401. Anything earlier is straight stitch only. I know, it bums me out - I'd love to be able to zig-zag on Patience, but to be honest, giving machines the capability to zig-zag wrecked the ability to do a nice straight stitch. So, I just accept the fact that I need two (or more) machines.

Thank you for the compliments on my clothes line tag. The little clothes are actually clothes that I have made... see...
fab52.jpg

Yes, the manicured lawn, barbed wire fence, guard station and Dr's BMWs are very easy to spot. For some reason, you always forget to mention the "Asylum sign" - which is very helpful to locate you - since it's right on the road, before the guard station.

D~

Yup - good old bribery :thumbsup2 I used to try logic, but the older one is too smart and would come back with perfectly reasonable arguments . . . :rolleyes1

So I have the Singer that started the zigzag stitch - awesome! I'm guessing I can't adjust the length of the satin stitch then (well, I can, but not like y'all can, so it wouldn't be the same)

I figured they were actual outfits you had made . . . I just LOVE the tag! It just looks fantastic!

I can't quote on my phone, but I wanted to share with the Charlotte folks that the Mooresville Joann's Disney fabric selection is NOT worth the drive. I was very disappointed!! The rest of the store was ok, but I most likely won't go back, since it was about a 40 minute drive for me.

Tell me about it! I stood at the cutting table and could see all four corners of the store . . . that, and for having just opened, they were TERRIBLY disorganized!!!! They can't look in their computer to see if they have something in stock unless I have the item NUMBER :confused: It took three people at the cutting table over 5 minutes to figure out how to ring up a remanent piece (my friend bought all but 3/8 of a yard on the bolt, she said she didn't want it when they asked, so the cutter cut it off and set it aside . . . I knew it'd be enough for SOMETHING and it was mini minnie dot :) So I asked and then the issues started :rolleyes1
Oh! And I taught the cashier how to enter coupons from the iphone app . . .

The cotton prices were good today (because of the sale) but yeah, unless I knew they DEFINITELY had something, I don't think I'll go back . . . I can get most of it cheaper at Mary Jo's or have my mom swing by her Joann's and pay the same for shipping as I could in gas . . . very very disappointed :sad2:

Me too. A lot of times that's why I don't post a lot. It's also really refreshing that everyone is so positive and good to each other.Life is already so hard, I don't understand why people want to make things harder on others instead of helping out and giving a hand up.

I want a day to myself to sew so bad.. I'm hoping my mom will keep my lil man one day so I can crank it out. My daughter doesn't play well by herself (she's at her dad's right now) and sometimes that kind of worries me but does anyone else have a child like that?

I :love: that about this board - we're all trying to help one another out :) I know I would never have attempted half the things I have lately if it weren't for all of you wonderful people!!!

And I'd love a day to sew by myself!!! I'm hoping to get a couple when I go back to RI . . . My older one doesn't play well by himself . . . he can zone out, but not play . . . my little one would rather play, so if it's by himself, that's cool . . .

Welcome to all of the new dis'ers! Can't wait to see the new projects.

Uh...yeah!! You HAVE to have A/C in Houston. When it gets above 100, they usually have special places with A/C so that the homeless can get in out of the heat! It is dreadful.

I agree. My girls are 30 and 25 and they still can argue and fight like 3 yr olds. They are really close and get along great but the oldest is very tender hearted and gets her feelings hurt and the youngest is very outgoing and speaks her mind. You can imagine how this plays out.

BABY SHOWER IN 2 DAYS!! Can't wait! We are expecting (RSVP'd for sure) about 30 people so it should be fun!

We have places like that here in Charlotte too . . .

Yay for the baby shower!!!

And oy vey, I can only imagine how your daughters interactions must play out . . .

The carts at Joann's were interesting . . . double decker but with a kid seat in the front . . . "trap door" in the upper basket that opened to stand bolts of fabric up in . . . as you can imagine, the boys thought these were WONDERFUL for climbing in, out, over and around . . . I didn't buy any fabric except that 3/8 yd because i couldn't even think for them distracting me

Marianne you got me:rotfl: on that one....I usually bribe my kids when I have to take them to JA too! usually its a 1.50 strawberry sunday from Costco (which is next door). They act like JA is a firing squad. "Guys stop that, Will don't touch that, Isla don't eat that, Isla quit pulling you brother's hair, Will don't climb in the cart your going to knock it over...Isla don't pee on me....you get the idea)
Always happy to provide a :rotfl:

Well I started quotting a few days ago, then I got side tracked and now I'm waaaaaaaay too far behind to even attempt it!! I love everything posted and thank you all so much for the kind comments on my daughter, her princess dress and my rosetta bags

GUESS WHAT!!??

MY HOUSE SOLD!!!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Good luck packing!!!!

I don't think that Joann's has ever had any good disney fabric. Even my local one doesn't have a great selection. And unfortunatly, Mary Jo's doesn't carry much disney anymore.

Not a lot of Disney at MJ's . . . but they had THREE different Cat in the Hat prints the other day and they were only $7.99 a yard (much better price than I've seen elsewhere!!!) ...
And all of the licensed prints they had were at least $2 less a yard than I'd seen at Joann's.

We had to put our 14 year old dog down this morning so it is a sad day.
I don't have anything but "I'm so sorry," and :hug:

Ladies (I don't need to include Tom since he and I have had this conversation

You are defining "need" in the wrong way. I keep seeing people say "I don't need any fabric". Let me clarify for you, you need fabric. How do I know this? If fabric is for sale-you need it. This a lesson I (and many others) have learned the hard way. You see a fabric and think "I don't need that", you go home and weeks or months later you say "I wish I had bought that fabric it is perfect for XXXXX". So you go back to the store and the fabric is GONE and they are not getting anymore EVER. (Trust me it happens LOL) Now the bad thing is after you make the item with another fabric, you will see the fabric again-but it will 3 times the price.

Save yourself the gray hair and BUY the fabric when you see it.

If your husband complains about the money you are spending on fabric-just remind him fabric is cheaper that diamonds

And one other tip-
size DOES matter.......... and one yard is NEVER enough! (So buy two while they are on sale.

Disclaimer:
The above message was brought to you by the fabric brokers of America.

I'm kidding....... well atleast about the fabric broker of America part.

Why are you still reading? Why aren't you out buying fabric?

Words to live by! Hmm . . . maybe I need to go to Indianland Walmart to see what's left . . . :car:

The Joann's where my parents live, in North Dakota, has a decent Disney selection, so I often have my mom go and buy some to ship to me. I have really had to hunt down the Disney fabric at Mary Jo's. They keep moving it around! My DD's new school is about 5 minutes from Mary Jo's, so I'm sure I'll be there way too often!! (I was secretly very excited that we decided on sending her to this school, even though it's a 30 minute commute for us, just because it's so close to Mary Jo's!)

You are in SO MUCH TROUBLE :lmao:

GUESS WHAT!!??

MY HOUSE SOLD!!!!
:banana::banana::banana:

IMG_4550.jpg

WOW!! Congratulations! You only have a month to move??? WOW Again!!!! You can do this! I am so excited for you that you get to build your dream house - don't forget to pack Ellie! :lovestruc

Marianne you got me:rotfl: on that one....I usually bribe my kids when I have to take them to JA too! usually its a 1.50 strawberry sunday from Costco (which is next door). They act like JA is a firing squad. "Guys stop that, Will don't touch that, Isla don't eat that, Isla quit pulling you brother's hair, Will don't climb in the cart your going to knock it over...Isla don't pee on me....you get the idea)

"Don't pee on me" ROFL... :lmao:

I love your tag....it fits you and your business! Have you set a date to reopen?

Thank you. :) I am open... But every time I make something, it sells. :confused3 My Rosetta is still in there - holding down the fort. I"ll be kind of sad if someone ever buys her, she's been standing guard at my store for so long. popcorn::

Ladies (I don't need to include Tom since he and I have had this conversation:cutie:),

You are defining "need" in the wrong way. I keep seeing people say "I don't need any fabric". Let me clarify for you, you need fabric. How do I know this? If fabric is for sale-you need it. This a lesson I (and many others) have learned the hard way. You see a fabric and think "I don't need that", you go home and weeks or months later you say "I wish I had bought that fabric it is perfect for XXXXX". So you go back to the store and the fabric is GONE and they are not getting anymore EVER. (Trust me it happens LOL) Now the bad thing is after you make the item with another fabric, you will see the fabric again-but it will 3 times the price.:sad1:

:teacher:Save yourself the gray hair and BUY the fabric when you see it.

If your husband complains about the money you are spending on fabric-just remind him fabric is cheaper that diamonds pirate:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

had the day off so i thought i'd drop in here and got insprired to make a skirt for dgd#1 Elli,she wanted her's "mixed up" from her younger coustins i posted a few days ago...
and lastly ,not sewing but thrift related is the dress i got DGD Elli...she has done the Queens for Care pagent here in town for the last 3 years.last year she said she wanted a more grownup dress {long} . i was thrilled to find this dress at the thrift store where someone had hidden it with the sheers! it was only $5.45!!! prefct condition,no tears or missing sparkles! just needs dryclearner to steam out the wrinkles.
281316_10150244340306586_555471585_7668745_6254583_n.jpg

ignore the cat scrathced door frames,our kitties rule tohe roost...aaarrrggghhh...and htink that's their scrath=ching post.
here's last years dress,lovely but not 'a big girl dress'...
284667_10150244369481586_555471585_7669163_2567517_n.jpg

there were only 3 girls ,other 2 were in pagent dresses...Elli came in 2nd. she;s happy just to do them 'specially the Queens for Care ,raise money for Merican Cancer Society,they have to have a cancer fact and someone they are walking for ...unfortunatly she walked fo rmy mom the 1st time { breats cancer} my boos th enext year { liver cancer} and my daughter in law last year { thyroid cancer] this year wll be for my firend who hascancer thorughout her body butis putting up the good fight!!! anyway on a happier i love all that has been posted of late and i too wanna tackle the repunzel dress...i
m off to shower and watch "taken' had it dvr'd forever finally have time to watch.

Cute! And great score on the dress! :) That is such a wonderful thing that your dgd does.

Here are some Simply Sweets that I've made. I've made some for my nieces that I don't have photos of. I looove this pattern and am so glad I read about it here. I would also loooove a recommendation of another pattern that you ladies love so that dd's dresses don't all look the same.

This is the first one I made. The bodice is a bit too wide and the skirt's a bit too short. I learned for dd's body type to do the bodice a size smaller and the skirt longer. That's the nice thing about making clothes - you can make them really fit! It has ric rac at the bottom and a flower made w/the ric rac and a button.
IMG_8459.jpg

I've shared this before. It's her Cinderella's castle breakfast gown. I made it after getting the pattern down pat.
Cindy3-1.jpg

This tink dress is upcycled with tutus from the dollar section of Target. I bought 4 green and white ones, took the elastic out of them, and sewed them together so I had a 4 layer tutu. Then I made a tube of the green fabric (which came fully prepped w/elastic threads all shirred). I used a gathering stich to make the tutu the correct size and sewed it to the bottom of the green fabric. There are green ribbon straps at the top hidden by dd's hair.
I made ds' pj pants using this tute: (http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Sew-Your-Own-Pajama-Pants/) and appliqued one of the aliens to an Old Navy shirt.
IMG_8436-1-1.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - THANK YOU for inspiring me to start sewing again after a 20+ year hiatus! Between making my prom dress (back in the 80s ) and this year, I hadn't sewn anything but a few throw pillows on a friend's borrowed machine. We're clearing out the basement so that I can have my machine set up all the time and don't have to take over the dining room to sew! And if I keep this up, I plan to ask for a serger for Christmas

Wow! These are great! I was the same way - I hadn't sewed a single stitch since 8th (or 9th??? can't remember now) grade home-ec... until last October. Beware - it's so addicting! And a serger is a wonderful investment!

Of course, there is that pesky little guy with the empty pockets... he lives at my house . . .

I have one of those too... Dh. (Totally kidding - I love the guy).

D~

BTW-

Even though I have BINS of fabric.
And a hall closet STACKED with fabric.
Fabric in bags in the garage.
Fabric stored in another STATE.

I bought fabric today:banana::banana:.

Walmart lied! There IS a store by me that has the Creative Cuts (and yes they are on sale). The Walmart on the way to the yucky Joanns has CC. (I am sooooo hoping they get fabric back)

I bought the fabric I have been looking for........ I got 16 yards of fabric for less than 15.00.

May go back for more:rolleyes1

I agree. My girls are 30 and 25 and they still can argue and fight like 3 yr olds. :) They are really close and get along great but the oldest is very tender hearted and gets her feelings hurt and the youngest is very outgoing and speaks her mind. You can imagine how this plays out.

BABY SHOWER IN 2 DAYS!! Can't wait! We are expecting (RSVP'd for sure) about 30 people so it should be fun!

Have a fun baby shower, loved the duck diaper cake! No shower for us this time, but that makes it easier. I don't have anything in mind for DDIL and DGS to be. They are buying a bedding set, which is fine because I don't really love making them. But I really do need to make some things, just haven't given it much thought yet. Not sure why I am not getting excited about sewing for the new one yet.

Well I started quotting a few days ago, then I got side tracked and now I'm waaaaaaaay too far behind to even attempt it!! I love everything posted and thank you all so much for the kind comments on my daughter, her princess dress and my rosetta bags :flower3:

GUESS WHAT!!??

MY HOUSE SOLD!!!!

IMG_4550.jpg

Every day from here on out is a day closer to having a REAL sewing/scrapbook studio!! I'm super excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. It's been a very long time since I've lived in an apartment, but that's the plan while we wait for the house to be built. I apologize in advance for the construction pictures I will be posting in a few months ;) Now, back to packing! We only have a month to get outta here :scared1:

CONGRATS!! So glad your house sold, and so exciting building a new one!

Angie that is awesome that your house sold.

I am home from my IEP and I received everything I asked for except one OT Session.

So J will have speech at home 4 days a week and OT twice a week so we made out awesome.

I think they are beginning to realize there are other things going on that may not be autism (even if that is our official DX)

hoping that our medicaid waiver would come through next. I could use some good news.

I am going to go and iron the casings and hems into some easy fits before the boy comes home from school and destress a bit.

Glad things are going well with the diagnosis and IEP. I know you do everything possible to help your little guy and you deserve some good news!

So sorry about your dog, we put ours down in January at ~13.75 years. She had a great life, but it was still so sad. :hug:

For all those who have been following my friend's dramatic life...good news. Noni (other wise known as Mito Girl) had a successful surgery yesterday to change out her three tubes and some dental work. She is home and feeling back to normal. Miss Debbie (the grand ma) was taken off the narcotics and started speaking within 24 hours. She still has a long, long way to go, but she is on the road to recovery. And little Army Man has stayed put long enough that the doctors have said that after Monday he is allowed to come whenever he is ready! (we figure he will decide to come Sunday night!)

So with all that good news, I am not in a mood to sew... I think I'll go play in the pool instead!

Nini

:wizard:
Well I started quotting a few days ago, then I got side tracked and now I'm waaaaaaaay too far behind to even attempt it!! I love everything posted and thank you all so much for the kind comments on my daughter, her princess dress and my rosetta bags :flower3:

GUESS WHAT!!??

MY HOUSE SOLD!!!!

IMG_4550.jpg

Every day from here on out is a day closer to having a REAL sewing/scrapbook studio!! I'm super excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. It's been a very long time since I've lived in an apartment, but that's the plan while we wait for the house to be built. I apologize in advance for the construction pictures I will be posting in a few months ;) Now, back to packing! We only have a month to get outta here :scared1:

I am home from my IEP and I received everything I asked for except one OT Session.

So J will have speech at home 4 days a week and OT twice a week so we made out awesome.

I think they are beginning to realize there are other things going on that may not be autism (even if that is our official DX)

hoping that our medicaid waiver would come through next. I could use some good news.

I am going to go and iron the casings and hems into some easy fits before the boy comes home from school and destress a bit.

Glad J is getting the services he needs! So sorry about your doggy - we just love them so....:hug:

C- you are too funny!

:thumbsup2

Still need some help for Gabriella's Big Give!! Especialy in the non outfit area! Im sure the family would appreciate those beach towel chair covers! Regular purchased beach towels would be awesome too - with our with out names embroidered on them! Would also love for Mom and Gabriella to have some fun flip flops!! Lots to choose from - Thanks Everyone!

Ginger Found Alive
Details to Follow​

:happytv:

First, THANK YOU to everyone for your concern about Ginger. I put up a brave front, but I, too, was worried about where she might be. I am beyond happy to report that she was found alive earlier today in the whine cellar. I was fairly certain she could not navigate the stairs to get up and out of the basement, or operate the windows to make a quick getaway, but her disappearance had me baffled.

About 1:35 EST she was taken without injury from the whine cellar. Unfortunately she continued whining for approximately 45 minutes following her capture. You know, the usual sibling stuff, "Take her back," "How come she gets to have legs if I can't," "Why does she have eyes," "You like her better because she has arms," "If she gets to have a head why can't I?" She won't call Dorrrine by name, always refers to her as "she."

In an effort to make Ginger feel special I treated her to an afternoon at the spa. I splurged for the works (got a discount on account of no need for a mani or pedi). She had a full body scrub, massage, and new hair style. I would have to say that her attitude has improved considerably and she was willing to have her photo taken (like that was ever a problem with her).

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, welcome back Ginger.

spa011.jpg

Let me just take a quick bathroom break and then I'll be sitting by my computer waiting to field book and movie offers.

In an effort to make Ginger feel special I treated her to an afternoon at the spa. I splurged for the works (got a discount on account of no need for a mani or pedi). She had a full body scrub, massage, and new hair style. I would have to say that her attitude has improved considerably and she was willing to have her photo taken (like that was ever a problem with her).

spa011.jpg

Let me just take a quick bathroom break and then I'll be sitting by my computer waiting to field book and movie offers.

Ginger Found Alive
Details to Follow​

First, THANK YOU to everyone for your concern about Ginger. I put up a brave front, but I, too, was worried about where she might be. I am beyond happy to report that she was found alive earlier today in the whine cellar. I was fairly certain she could not navigate the stairs to get up and out of the basement, or operate the windows to make a quick getaway, but her disappearance had me baffled.

About 1:35 EST she was taken without injury from the whine cellar. Unfortunately she continued whining for approximately 45 minutes following her capture. You know, the usual sibling stuff, "Take her back," "How come she gets to have legs if I can't," "Why does she have eyes," "You like her better because she has arms," "If she gets to have a head why can't I?" She won't call Dorrrine by name, always refers to her as "she."

spa011.jpg

Oh I am so happy to hear Ginger has been found. Really, I think she would feel better if you let her sleep in your bed with you. I am sure your DH will understand that this truly is the only way Ginger will know how much you love her!

Ginger Found Alive
Details to Follow​

spa011.jpg

This just made me laugh too funny. Glad Ginger enjoyed her day at the spa.

You are defining "need" in the wrong way. I keep seeing people say "I don't need any fabric". Let me clarify for you, you need fabric. How do I know this? If fabric is for sale-you need it. This a lesson I (and many others) have learned the hard way. You see a fabric and think "I don't need that", you go home and weeks or months later you say "I wish I had bought that fabric it is perfect for XXXXX". So you go back to the store and the fabric is GONE and they are not getting anymore EVER. (Trust me it happens LOL) Now the bad thing is after you make the item with another fabric, you will see the fabric again-but it will 3 times the price.:sad1:

:teacher:Save yourself the gray hair and BUY the fabric when you see it.

If your husband complains about the money you are spending on fabric-just remind him fabric is cheaper that diamonds pirate:

And one other tip-
size DOES matter.......... and one yard is NEVER enough!:sad1: (So buy two while they are on sale:thumbsup2).

Disclaimer:
The above message was brought to you by the fabric brokers of America.

I'm kidding....... well atleast about the fabric broker of America part.

Why are you still reading? Why aren't you out buying fabric?:car:

SHHHHHH! <whispering here>

DH sent me out to Walmart to buy poster tack for the TV antenna (we have a flat one that sticks to the wall)......I had to take a small detour to the other walmart (30 min from the walmart I normally go to)....where I found 4 packs of licensed CC. and one of black broadcloth (I have a specific project waiting on the black). I would have bought more but some of the licensed fabrics were regular price (7.57) and I didn't want to go too crazy since the price wasn't THAT good. The CC I bought were princesses on pink and the toy story scatter on aqua (buzz & woody)...those were $5 each....fortunately since it was walmart I may be able to sneak it by as a "grocery" expense on the spreadsheet budget:rolleyes1. I would post pics but I'm hiding the fabric in my car.....since that seems to be the best proven way to hide fabric on the dis boards.:laughing:

<normal voice now>
D---glad to see Ginger has been found:woohoo:

Thanks!! We live in Omaha, NE and our house was on the market for almost 5 months. It had a lot of walk through traffic, but no offers till this week. We got a little bit less than we were hoping for, but that tends to be the story for most I think. We were waiting to start construction on the new house till this one sold, so we'll get that going in about two weeks since the bank still has to appraise this house for what the buyers want to purchase it for. We're not overly worried about the appraisal coming in too low, but we're going to play it safe for now. We'll rent an apartment for the 6-7 months it will take to get the new house built...which will be an adventure with three children under the age of 6 I'm sure. I'm a little sentimental about this house since it's our first, but we are clearly outgrowing it. Having extra space is going to be worth all the hard work in the end.
5 months doesn't sound too bad. I imagine Omaha isn't the best market for selling. In Virginia Beach things in our neighborhood move pretty quickly, but we have tons of new military families coming to the area all the time. In RI all they are doing is closing plants and people are relocating for jobs, so some houses in our neighborhood sat on the market for over three years before they sold.

You'll survive the apt living -- it won't be enjoyable, but it will be worth it in the long run.

Here are some Simply Sweets that I've made. I've made some for my nieces that I don't have photos of. I looove this pattern and am so glad I read about it here. I would also loooove a recommendation of another pattern that you ladies love so that dd's dresses don't all look the same. :rotfl:

th_IMG_8459.jpg

This one has a ribbon ruffle at the bottom. Need to make a bow for her hair. The color of the photo is a bit off...
th_simplysweet1-1.jpg

th_Cindy3-1.jpg

th_tinkdress-1.jpg
th_IMG_8436-1-1.jpg

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - THANK YOU for inspiring me to start sewing again after a 20+ year hiatus! Between making my prom dress (back in the 80s :scared1: ) and this year, I hadn't sewn anything but a few throw pillows on a friend's borrowed machine. We're clearing out the basement so that I can have my machine set up all the time and don't have to take over the dining room to sew! And if I keep this up, I plan to ask for a serger for Christmas.:woohoo:
Great SS's!!! I love the ric rac flower matching the ric rac on the dress. Another great pattern by Carla is the Portrait Peasant -- and you can vary it so many ways. I've made dresses, shirts, long sleeves, cap sleeves, short sleeves, layered ruffles, no ruffles, aprons and so on.

For all those who have been following my friend's dramatic life...good news. Noni (other wise known as Mito Girl) had a successful surgery yesterday to change out her three tubes and some dental work. She is home and feeling back to normal. Miss Debbie (the grand ma) was taken off the narcotics and started speaking within 24 hours. She still has a long, long way to go, but she is on the road to recovery. And little Army Man has stayed put long enough that the doctors have said that after Monday he is allowed to come whenever he is ready! (we figure he will decide to come Sunday night!)

So with all that good news, I am not in a mood to sew... I think I'll go play in the pool instead!

Nini
Glad things are looking up for your friend :)
Ginger Found Alive
Details to Follow​

th_spa011.jpg

Oh how I wish I was Ginger right now! She looks sooooo relaxed. And her hair is lovely. I think the color really suits her.

Talk to me oh wise ladies,

What is a relatively inexpensive serger that is of great quality? I need one.

Nini

Oh Nini - I am so glad to hear this. :lovestruc

Ginger Found Alive
Details to Follow​

spa011.jpg

YAY!!! Welcome back Ginger... we were so worried that Cheryl sent you away. :scared1: I think Ginger needs a new outfit too... :surfweb:

I have the Brother 1034d - I ordered it off of Amazon and I am very happy with it! I did tons of research and read the hundreds of great reviews at Amazon, plus the fact that there are a bunch of Youtube videos about how to operate it - I was confident that I could learn to use it with out lessons - and I have. :banana:

D~

So sorry about the doggy! I hope that you were able to get in some good sewing to de-stress!

Very happy that your IEP meeting went very well and that your DS will receive all the services he needs.

Thanks!! We live in Omaha, NE and our house was on the market for almost 5 months. It had a lot of walk through traffic, but no offers till this week. We got a little bit less than we were hoping for, but that tends to be the story for most I think. We were waiting to start construction on the new house till this one sold, so we'll get that going in about two weeks since the bank still has to appraise this house for what the buyers want to purchase it for. We're not overly worried about the appraisal coming in too low, but we're going to play it safe for now. We'll rent an apartment for the 6-7 months it will take to get the new house built...which will be an adventure with three children under the age of 6 I'm sure. I'm a little sentimental about this house since it's our first, but we are clearly outgrowing it. Having extra space is going to be worth all the hard work in the end.

Congratulations on the house selling! How exciting! We loved having our house built when we did it several years ago. We were really lucky and sold our old house very quickly. We were even more lucky that we were able to find a decent house to rent while our new house was being built. The rental house was much smaller but it did have a 2 car garage so I had somewhere to store everything that didn't fit into the house.

Our home builders were super nice. I got very sick during the period where they were doing the interior finishing on the house. Our builders hurried the house along so we could move in faster. We needed the extra space in the new house so my in-laws could stay with us for several weeks to help out. I hope that your builders are as wonderful to work with as ours were!

I have one of those too... Dh. (Totally kidding - I love the guy).

D~

Yup . . . exactly . . . DH :lmao:

BTW-

Even though I have BINS of fabric.
And a hall closet STACKED with fabric.
Fabric in bags in the garage.
Fabric stored in another STATE.

I bought fabric today:banana::banana:.

Walmart lied! There IS a store by me that has the Creative Cuts (and yes they are on sale). The Walmart on the way to the yucky Joanns has CC. (I am sooooo hoping they get fabric back)

I bought the fabric I have been looking for........ I got 16 yards of fabric for less than 15.00.

May go back for more:rolleyes1

Oh! That gives me hope!!! Although I've told myself no more Walmarts until I get to Montana . . . (the one today had CCuts, but the cheapest ones were still $5)

Nini

I think celebration was definitely in order! I'm so glad to hear your Mito friend made it through ok and that her grandmother is on the road to recovery and that Little Army Man has stayed put for now!!!

Ginger Found Alive
Details to Follow​

spa011.jpg

Oh! To be lucky like Ginger - getting lost in a wine cellar and then being rewarded with a spa day!!! The life she leads!!!:worship:

SHHHHHH! <whispering here>

DH sent me out to Walmart to buy poster tack for the TV antenna (we have a flat one that sticks to the wall)......I had to take a small detour to the other walmart (30 min from the walmart I normally go to)....where I found 4 packs of licensed CC. and one of black broadcloth (I have a specific project waiting on the black). I would have bought more but some of the licensed fabrics were regular price (7.57) and I didn't want to go too crazy since the price wasn't THAT good. The CC I bought were princesses on pink and the toy story scatter on aqua (buzz & woody)...those were $5 each....fortunately since it was walmart I may be able to sneak it by as a "grocery" expense on the spreadsheet budget:rolleyes1. I would post pics but I'm hiding the fabric in my car.....since that seems to be the best proven way to hide fabric on the dis boards.:laughing:

<normal voice now>
D---glad to see Ginger has been found:woohoo:

Nicely done!!!!

So, I'm sitting here typing and holding Finn at the same time. He's just about asleep, but he looks so cute . . . he is proudly wearing some of Sebastian's hand-me-downs in a combo he put together himself . . .It's hard to believe he's almost as old as Seb was when he went on his MAW trip and some of you fabulous people did a BigGive for him and his family . . . Finn is sporting a long sleeve Incredibles T-shirt and a pair of Toy Story shorts (that have a matching bowling shirt) . . .
I just had to share :love:
fc076354.jpg

Brother 1034D. I bought mine from HSN and made payments.

So, I'm sitting here typing and holding Finn at the same time. He's just about asleep, but he looks so cute . . . he is proudly wearing some of Sebastian's hand-me-downs in a combo he put together himself . . .It's hard to believe he's almost as old as Seb was when he went on his MAW trip and some of you fabulous people did a BigGive for him and his family . . . Finn is sporting a long sleeve Incredibles T-shirt and a pair of Toy Story shorts (that have a matching bowling shirt) . . .
I just had to share :love:
fc076354.jpg
You have beautiful children but why is that all of us have the most beautiful children when they are asleep! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter