Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION??
I fixing to embroidery/monogram some beach towels. Do you guys use cut away or tear away stablizer???:confused3

So - we are home, safe & sound ... I'll unpack tomorrow ... tonight we're hitting McAlister's Deli for Kids Eat Free with some friends... At least I don't have laundry to do ... I did it all before we left RI ... but I DO have to put everything away and clean up all the little things DH left out and about while we were gone...

Glad you made it back safetly:goodvibes

A few more things from our cruise...

th_DisneyDreamCruiseWDWJune20113125.jpg

th_DisneyDreamCruiseWDWJune20113141.jpg

th_DisneyDreamCruiseWDWJune20113145.jpg

th_DisneyDreamCruiseWDWJune20113153.jpg

WOW.... love that cruise dress and the boys shirts. Did Jessica do that too:worship:

Trying to decide on what to make next. I mean, all the stuff I have on hand is driving me crazy. I have some tulle, neon striped with stars flannel material, sheets of felt, a long piece of purple felt, green and pink fleece, some silver elastic cord, thick wire, the list goes on. I can't decide what to make, since I was hoping on making something in the way of clothing or a tote bag, BUT I don't have access to a working sewing machine. What to do, what to do...

:lmao: I noticed you mention Stephen King. Are you a big fan? We are going up tomorrow to Maine where he has one of his many houses. We actually have run into him a few times at the little convience store in town.

It has been forever since I have posted over here-I miss all of you. I do peek every once in a while to see what everyone is up to. TMCTQ:lovestrucI love everything that you all do, it is so fun to get ideas and inspiration from everyone!!!

Has anyone made the white Ariel wedding dress with the green trim...DD has requested that for our next trip:) I was thinking that the Portrait Peasant would work good, what do you think? I also plan on making a Tangled dress and love the SS one that was just posted-super cute!

Thanks, Erika

I hope you post when you make it. I would love to see what you come up with.

:lmao: I noticed you mention Stephen King. Are you a big fan? We are going up tomorrow to Maine where he has one of his many houses. We actually have run into him a few times at the little convience store in town.

Actually the reason for that was that I was on a scholastic bowl team, and we recieved a series of 4 questions, each relating a book's author. We had no idea who any of the book's authors were, so we answered Stephen King for each one, making the audience laugh. Ever since that, we answered Stephen King for every answer we didn't know. I crack up just thinking about it! So in a way, yes I have become a Stephen King fan! :laughing:

When I put your directions in all I got was this :rotfl2:

200px-Canada_Dry_logo.svg.png

Yup, that's the map to my house. When you get to Canada you'll run into a big A, (it's like the ones at California Adventure (DL) if you've been there). It's the A at the end of CANADA. That's were you turn around and go south. I'm exactly 175 miles from the A -- tan house on the left.

Holy Cow! That price is absolutely amazing! I would ask about the stitch count, if she has any records re: maintenance, any original purchase docs, but it is a major steal! Do know that purchasing second hand invalidates the warranty- but it's a great machine, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that part.

WOW great price on the 4500 I spent more than that. Definately check the stitch count. I love mine that I have had fore a month. It sews like a dream and embroiders nicely.

WOW great price on the 4500 I spent more than that. Definately check the stitch count. I love mine that I have had fore a month. It sews like a dream and embroiders nicely.

How do you check stitch count? Thank you.

Thank you for letting me know you have one and love it.....I'm such a newbie at embroidery machines, my only "experience" being watching with envy as a friend uses hers (but hers is a $10,000 machine, lol).

Just popping in quickly before work to say thank you to you all for your kind words about my cars outfits. I spoke to my DIL yesterday and she tells me the kids have never seen the movie :sad2: So I told her she may want to order it on Netflix because I would really like them to know who they are when we go in Sept.
Here are a couple of mickey head pot holders I made tonight.

268276_252487151432567_100000138523161_1233067_996165_n.jpg

268276_252487154765900_100000138523161_1233068_2891654_n.jpg
Fun! What a cute idea!

oh those are so cute! you just gave me an idea for christmas gifts for all the ladies at work this year...i've done baked goods,cocoa/mugs,christmas spirit shakers { glass salt shaker filled with red/green/blue/silver/gold/white trinkets/sequins/tensil etc with a poem about shaking away the 'bah hum bugs'} . this will be a fun project to do for them,maybe g'babies teachers too! thanks for sharing your pix!

Well off to Maine for a few days. We have no internet access so I will have to catch up after I get back. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.:goodvibes

Actually the reason for that was that I was on a scholastic bowl team, and we recieved a series of 4 questions, each relating a book's author. We had no idea who any of the book's authors were, so we answered Stephen King for each one, making the audience laugh. Ever since that, we answered Stephen King for every answer we didn't know. I crack up just thinking about it! So in a way, yes I have become a Stephen King fan! :laughing:

:lmao: Funny story.

Thanks!! And no, Jessica did not make them. Lisa from Funktional Threads made them. She is awesome!!!

All your outfits were just awesome. You must have had so many comments.

Yup, that's the map to my house. When you get to Canada you'll run into a big A, (it's like the ones at California Adventure (DL) if you've been there). It's the A at the end of CANADA. That's were you turn around and go south. I'm exactly 175 miles from the A -- tan house on the left.

We should be there later today. See you then:thumbsup2

QUESTION??
I fixing to embroidery/monogram some beach towels. Do you guys use cut away or tear away stablizer???:confused3

I always use cut away and use a topper on top as the towel will start to eat the embroidery after a few washes. The topper I use is Heat be Gone by Floriani.

Those are so cute. Love it:goodvibes

you are cracking me up! Definately protect GA since of self! We don't want any body image issues!

Yes, we would hate for Ginger to have any body images.

So this weekend I went to a yard sale (I was out walking in my neighborhood) and you won't believe what I got for $10.......(May want to keep small kids and AG's away as you scroll down)
th_IMG_3872.jpg

She's drying right now but I think its a just like you #3 or a Kirsten.
DH was very confused when I bought it...he was like...don't you already have one of those:rotfl:

I cleaned her up....got most of the owner's pen marks off with magic eraser
Hoping to put her together this afternoon while the kids sleep. Her legs were too loose to stand...that's why they are detached right now.
Congratulations... she is adorable! I can't wait to see what you make for her! :)

Pics from July 4th and the neighborhood water slide...DD loved it! DH is holding DD who is wearing the free Oliver popover sundress....child version.

IMG_3871.jpg

My kids (2 in front) with their cousins
th_IMG_3858.jpg

Cute! Look at all that MUD!! LOL

Lucy got a new outfit....I think she looks better in jewel tones....she seems a little bit gray next to the other doll....pastels don't look real good on her.

th_IMG_3874.jpg

Adorable! She does look great in those colors!

Introducing my Simply Sweet Rapunzel dress!

I finally finished it yesterday! (I'm pumping at work now, so I have time to post photos). Anyway, here she is. I'm pretty proud overall, especially since this was my first time doing this pattern. Not thrilled with the puckering on the bodice, but I convinced myself that since it's a corset bodice, it's OK. :goodvibes DD hasn't seen it yet, but I'll add a picture when she does.

The skirt is out of some sparkly purple material I found at JoAnn's. And I just did the eyelet lace instead of a ruffle, so I had to modify the length to make it all work. But a big thanks to Carla for MAKING it so easy to modify the pattern. And to everyone on this thread for being such inspirations to get it done. Now I'm going to stick to easy-fit pants and applique tshirts for a while.

th_P1000450-1-1-1.jpg

th_P1000451.jpg

THis turned out so nice! I love the fabrics you used.

I totally shipped her off with the layer of grime I hated to do it, but if I wanted my mom to ship her for me (rather than bring her back here and THEN I ship her) I had to have her boxed and ready before I left last night... I didn't want to mess her up and have them blame me for her eye, so I just striped her nekked like the directions said and wrapped her in bubble wrap ... hopefully they'll let me take possession of her after her eye surgery and they don't place her with someone else due to neglect ...
You did it right. She will be fine - you'll be surprised at how quick that they will have her back to you.

D- I fly through Minneapolis on Delta on July 23 & 31 ... I've only got about an hour layover, but I'll be flying to and from my ILs ... so you could always snatch me up on my way out there and force me to hang with you instead :confused3 My flight lands at 10:13am on the 23rd ... Delta flight 1873...
SOunds like a plan... just let your dh know, so that I don't get in trouble with the law... she wanted me to kidnap her - honest... :rolleyes1

Did you ever get the book I sent you???

My DH grew up in Florida ... I can't even get him to agree to live in RI with IT'S winters ... I can't even imagine suggesting MN!!!!!

Tell him that the harsh winters are just a rumor. :confused3 You don't know who started it, but it could never get that cold. :rolleyes1

Okay ... part 2:
Cool!
And thanks! I remember saving for those boots and her summer dress... I loved them too!!! I did NOT have to make her new bloomers ... she did have a backup pair we made for her when I was little ... thank goodness!

Glad you had a second pair... I too love her boots. I was lucky enough to get a lot of her collection (the parts I wanted anyways) before AG announced her archival. Kirsten does have an amazing collection - and even though I am not Sweedish - I am from MN - so I like that aspect of it.

I'll have to remember your directions to your house ... I'll pick you up and ... oh wait, I want D to still LIKE me when I get there ... hmm... well, how much would you pay me for a ride??? I do need to feed my fabric & pattern obsession you know...
D - do you have room for two???

I have room for 2... but where will Cheryl sleep then? I have the perfect spot for you and Ginger.

So - we are home, safe & sound ... I'll unpack tomorrow ... tonight we're hitting McAlister's Deli for Kids Eat Free with some friends... At least I don't have laundry to do ... I did it all before we left RI ... but I DO have to put everything away and clean up all the little things DH left out and about while we were gone...

Glad you made it home OK - we hardly even noticed you were gone. :thumbsup2

How about moving to RI... We have beaches and the ocean and if you really want some snow we have been getting plenty of that these past winters.:lmao:

We even have the AG store about an hour away:)

No, no, no... MN is where you want to go. Trust me. We have snow and an AG store, as well. :lovestruc

:rotfl2: Can I mapquest that??

:lmao:

Don't forget that I'm practially Patience's godmother. I'm sure ~D would always be glad to see both of us.

Yes, you almost practically are.

I think the directions were pretty specific, I'm not sure why you'd need mapquest.

I agree, they were pretty specific... Although, I don't think you stated the color of your house. I Google Earthed it... is yours the one with brown shingles? Surrounded by a barbed wire fence and armed guards?

I tired plugging your address into my GPS and it kept wanting to take me to a place named GA and Company Psychiatric Facility :confused3

LOL That's it! I couldn't see the name of the sign on Google Earth.

:lmao:

Cute idea!

98608631.jpg

Some of my projects from last month, a doe, peas in a pod (for my mom), a cupcake (now my sisters), a nice big pillow made from fabric quarters, and a masquerade mask.

Love the mask, but then again, I did get engaged in New Orleans.

Lucy and the kids are adorable! I had to laugh at your dd's princess sandals with the patriotic dress!

OK, the doll scared me. First I thought her behind cheeks were her bbs and I thought the poor doll had droopier you know whats than I do (Have to watch my language on these boards so I don't get kicked off!). Then I remembered it was an AG doll and not a Hooter's Barbie. I think I'm getting all confused b/t all these AG dolls, Ginger and Ida. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing her put back together so I can come to my senses.

Well those are the sandals that light up....I made her wear them because she wanders off.....and I did need them to locate her during the fireworks....she was wandering the town square saying Mama? I found her a lot faster with the blinking shoes, and a kind grandmother that pointed me in her direction

The hooter barbie comments made me laugh! I will post her pics when she is back together....i need to run to the hardware store....but DD still thinks that anything on the bottom half is a diaper....and I need to wait until tonight when DH is home.

Introducing my Simply Sweet Rapunzel dress!

I finally finished it yesterday! (I'm pumping at work now, so I have time to post photos). Anyway, here she is. I'm pretty proud overall, especially since this was my first time doing this pattern. Not thrilled with the puckering on the bodice, but I convinced myself that since it's a corset bodice, it's OK. :goodvibes DD hasn't seen it yet, but I'll add a picture when she does.

The skirt is out of some sparkly purple material I found at JoAnn's. And I just did the eyelet lace instead of a ruffle, so I had to modify the length to make it all work. But a big thanks to Carla for MAKING it so easy to modify the pattern. And to everyone on this thread for being such inspirations to get it done. Now I'm going to stick to easy-fit pants and applique tshirts for a while.

th_P1000450-1-1-1.jpg

th_P1000451.jpg

beautiful! I see some extra details added....the ruffle and the decorative stitching.....very nice:thumbsup2

Okay ... part 2:

Cool!
And thanks! I remember saving for those boots and her summer dress... I loved them too!!! I did NOT have to make her new bloomers ... she did have a backup pair we made for her when I was little ... thank goodness!

Oh My!!!! And I was worried about my treatment of Kirsten ... :rotfl: I think you have her best interests at heart though ... that's what counts, right???

Your kids are ADORABLE!!!!! Love the outfits in action!!!!!

Thanks! hey I think the AG hospital cleans the dolls too with any other service!

:rotfl::rotfl2:

Love the pot holders!

Yes, we would hate for Ginger to have any body images.
Congratulations... she is adorable! I can't wait to see what you make for her! :)
Cute! Look at all that MUD!! LOL

DD LOVES mud.....DS taught her well....he's also taught her to have a mean right hook!

Off to do housework and :laundy: today....hopefully I will make it to the hardware store today after dinner:rolleyes1

Well I have decided to turn the kids playroom into a disney themed room. I need to make curtains for the double window. Anybody have ideas. I don't think I want to use mickey themed material, since it is expensive. I could embroider something on it. Also looking for other cute decorative ideas. I know I want to frame pictures from our trips, and I have some lithographs from The Little Mermaid when I bought the VHS years ago. I think that is what they are called. I have never opened them.

Hi Everybody!

Man its been months since I posted here but that's cause I have been sewing up a storm for our upcoming trip. Just 26 days to go and I still have a 2 things to finish up, and the post below just made it 3
You are doing very good with 26 days left. Can you help me get started?

So this weekend I went to a yard sale (I was out walking in my neighborhood) and you won't believe what I got for $10.......(May want to keep small kids and AG's away as you scroll down)
th_IMG_3872.jpg

Pics from July 4th and the neighborhood water slide...DD loved it! DH is holding DD who is wearing the free Oliver popover sundress....child version.
th_IMG_3854.jpg

th_IMG_3868.jpg

My kids (2 in front) with their cousins
th_IMG_3858.jpg
Thanks for the warning - I am scared of that picture! Your little Lucy looks cute in her new outfit. Looks like everyone had a fun 4th of July. That little dress looks cute and the picture of all the cousins is great.

98608631.jpg

Some of my projects from last month, a doe, peas in a pod (for my mom), a cupcake (now my sisters), a nice big pillow made from fabric quarters, and a masquerade mask.

22778325.jpg

My earless unicorn.

58968024.jpg

My little angel owl simbolizing little Caylee Anthoney.
Wow, these came out nice. You do a great job on making these animals (I would not have noticed the unicorn had no ears). Did you hand sew everything, including the pillow?

Okay, picture time. (Headache isn't gone, but I'm putting the baby to sleep)
Front:
th_cba9be97.jpg

"Twirling Dress" I made last week. She loves it!
th_fcae6256.png

I have a few other clothing creations, but I'll wait to show those.
Those travel bags came out really nice, I love all the pockets and compartments. Love the twirl factor!

Glad you made it home safe and hope you don't have too big of a mess to clean up. I think if I left my two kids home alone for a week there would be less of a mess then if my DH was home alone.

A few more things from our cruise...

DisneyDreamCruiseWDWJune20113145.jpg
Thanks for sharing. These sets are amazing. Looks like everyone had a great time on the cruise.

QUESTION please!

I have the opportunity to purchase a Brother 4500d for $840. The seller says that it was purchased for a business that never took off so it was "hardly used". What are your opinions of this machine? I already have a sewing machine that I love (Pfaff 1471) so I would probably only use this for embroidery. I have older kids so I like the idea that it does the very large (7x12) patterns. But I also have some reservations because I've always felt that "combo" equipment of any type was not as good as dedicated...you know, the old "it does both well, but neither great".

Anyway...if this is a good machine to consider, what types of questions or things should I be looking for or at to be sure that I'm not getting a lemon? I would love to be able to take it to my sewing repair guy to examine, but I seriously doubt the seller will let a stranger just drive off with it, lol. So how do I know if she's mistreated it or love it?

Thanks for ANY help or suggestions you can give. I have a very very limited budget so buying new is probably not going to happen, but I really want to be able to do embroidery on my kids' clothes while they are still young enough to want it, lol. Ok, and I'd like some for me!
As others have said I think that is a great price for that machine, maybe too good to be true? I would see if the seller is willing to demo it to you to make sure it is working (especially the arm of the embroidery part). I'm not sure how to check the stitch count but you might be able to find it on google.

QUESTION??
I have used both and the tear away worked well. I also tried a wash away stabilizer but it make it kind of hard. Be sure to use the topper.

When I put your directions in all I got was this

:rotfl2:

These are really cute!

Just popping in quickly before work to say thank you to you all for your kind words about my cars outfits. I spoke to my DIL yesterday and she tells me the kids have never seen the movie So I told her she may want to order it on Netflix because I would really like them to know who they are when we go in Sept.

Fun! What a cute idea!
That sounds like a good idea. I made my kids watch all the Disney movies I could think of before our trips so they know what they are seeing, actually I sometimes have to ask my DD who a character is because she watches them in the car on long road trips.

Well I have decided to turn the kids playroom into a disney themed room. I need to make curtains for the double window. Anybody have ideas. I don't think I want to use mickey themed material, since it is expensive. I could embroider something on it. Also looking for other cute decorative ideas. I know I want to frame pictures from our trips, and I have some lithographs from The Little Mermaid when I bought the VHS years ago. I think that is what they are called. I have never opened them.
Fun, fun, fun. I think for the curtains you could do the mickey colors, possibly dots if you can find the fabric. Maybe a contrasting fabric for a valance or the tie backs. The prints will be a nice touch and maybe you could add some things as you go.

You are doing very good with 26 days left. Can you help me get started?

Thanks for the warning - I am scared of that picture! Your little Lucy looks cute in her new outfit. Looks like everyone had a fun 4th of July. That little dress looks cute and the picture of all the cousins is great.

Wow, these came out nice. You do a great job on making these animals (I would not have noticed the unicorn had no ears). Did you hand sew everything, including the pillow?

Those travel bags came out really nice, I love all the pockets and compartments. Love the twirl factor!

Glad you made it home safe and hope you don't have too big of a mess to clean up. I think if I left my two kids home alone for a week there would be less of a mess then if my DH was home alone.

Thanks for sharing. These sets are amazing. Looks like everyone had a great time on the cruise.

As others have said I think that is a great price for that machine, maybe too good to be true? I would see if the seller is willing to demo it to you to make sure it is working (especially the arm of the embroidery part). I'm not sure how to check the stitch count but you might be able to find it on google.

I have used both and the tear away worked well. I also tried a wash away stabilizer but it make it kind of hard. Be sure to use the topper.

:rotfl2:

These are really cute!

That sounds like a good idea. I made my kids watch all the Disney movies I could think of before our trips so they know what they are seeing, actually I sometimes have to ask my DD who a character is because she watches them in the car on long road trips.

Fun, fun, fun. I think for the curtains you could do the mickey colors, possibly dots if you can find the fabric. Maybe a contrasting fabric for a valance or the tie backs. The prints will be a nice touch and maybe you could add some things as you go.

Thanks, and I actually did hand sew everything, except the pillow. My sewing machine was still up and running at that point. I did cheat a little on the doe, I hot glued the head to the rest of the body because it was acting so floppy, and the glue really stiffened it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter