Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Ginny doll. Was there a Chatty Cathy in your past?

I still have my Chatty Cathy. My mom saved all of our dolls and since I'm a Kathy of course I had that doll. I had/have a Ginny doll I was in the hospital a lot when I was little and I only got to play with the doll when I was at the hospital. I still have that doll and I named my DD32 Ginnifer(made up my own spelling) so I could call her Ginny.:love:

Ok, so I was on vacation for a week, and came home to 20+ pages I needed to catch up on. I'm so glad I read them all. Someone mentioned about Walmart cheapo fabric! Well........so sorry but I definatley have the DEAL OF THE DAY!!!

My walmart is in the process of turning into a super store and they took our fabric dept out about 2mos ago. I hadn't been in much since then. But I took a trip over today! HOLY COW! They had an entire isle of the 2yd precuts, and fat quarters. I bought 57 2yd packages and 15 fat quarters!!!!!! The 2yd packs were tagged clearance @$5, but I did the price check thingy and they were ringing up $1.90!!! And the fat quarter were priced at $.75 but rang up $.30!!

So I would run to you walmart and check it out!
I got a bunch of 2 yd precuts for $1.25 each today. The 18 inch doll projects were $1.50, and I got a complete quilt kit with 6 yards of fabric for $8. It is toddler bed size, but for that price, I will use it as a lap quilt.
Ours were tagged as clearance.

Frog Applique is finally finished! I hope I won't be doing anything this complicated again without an embroidery machine.

IMG_3044.jpg

I still have my Chatty Cathy. My mom saved all of our dolls and since I'm a Kathy of course I had that doll. I had/have a Ginny doll I was in the hospital a lot when I was little and I only got to play with the doll when I was at the hospital. I still have that doll and I named my DD32 Ginnifer(made up my own spelling) so I could call her Ginny.:love:

That is such a sweet story... I love how you made up your own spelling for your dd.

I got a bunch of 2 yd precuts for $1.25 each today. The 18 inch doll projects were $1.50, and I got a complete quilt kit with 6 yards of fabric for $8. It is toddler bed size, but for that price, I will use it as a lap quilt.

Everyone got such great fabric deals today. And how come my Walmart never has cute fabrics like all of these I am seeing today? I just don't get it. :confused3

Frog Applique is finally finished! I hope I won't be doing anything this complicated again without an embroidery machine.

IMG_3044.jpg

Love, love, love!!! You did an amazing job on this applique. I am in the process of doing a pretty complicated one myself, and I haven't even started stitching it yet. :eek:

D~

Made my first AG dresses today. I also have never worked with bias tape either so it was a learning experience.

This was my first attempt it is a little tight on the AG
DSC00895-1.jpg

Here is my second attempt. This one was a little too big.
DSC00899-1.jpg

So I made a sash.
DSC00902.jpg

Hi everyone!! I have been busy sewing but most of it goes out the door before I think of posting it. I've been doing a lot of Vida's lately...

Front of Tink
th_397529356.jpg

th_397529442.jpg

Elisa, the Vida's are GORGEOUS!!!!!! I always love seeing your creations!

Brant and his family are beautiful. :lovestruc What an adorable baby!

That's a good story... so, which AG board do you belong to?

D~

I'm on AGplaythings and AGfansboard. I mostly lurk though.
I bought Felicity from a lady on AGplaythings. I think I would really like Josephina next, or maybe Molly. Well, actually, any I can find a good deal on! I love all of them! My girls keep telling me it's not fair that I have both Felicity and Kirsten, and they only have Kaya (for Lyddie) and Samantha (for Arminda) I say it's fair, because two of mine cost less than just ONE of theirs!

How do redo pincurls? wrap it wet around a bobby pin?
If you go to Just MagicDolls.com she has really nice directions for cleaning up and fixing up your dolls. Here is the page where she talks about the pincurls, it's towards the bottom of the page:
http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articles/HairCare/AdvancedHair.htm

I love Felicity's little curls. :lovestruc

Ok, so I was on vacation for a week, and came home to 20+ pages I needed to catch up on. I'm so glad I read them all. Someone mentioned about Walmart cheapo fabric! Well........so sorry but I definatley have the DEAL OF THE DAY!!!
f turning into a super store and they took our fabric dept out about 2mos ago. I hadn't been in much since then. But I took a trip over today! HOLY COW! They had an entire isle of the 2yd precuts, and fat quarters. I bought 57 2yd packages and 15 fat quarters!!!!!! The 2yd packs were tagged clearance @$5, but I did the price check thingy and they were ringing up $1.90!!! And the fat quarter were priced at $.75 but rang up $.30!!

WOO HOO! Great deals!

Can anyone suggest a cute toddler (dd will be 13 months) dress pattern (preferably free or cheap)?
I'd like to make a minnie mouse inspired dress for dd for our upcoming cruise in September.
I've got black cotton and red w/white dots cotton.

Thanks!

I would have to recommend CarlaC's Portrait Peasant pattern on Youcanmakethis.com It may not seem cheep, but it will save you time and money in the long run. It will be the only peasant pattern you will need for a very long time! And, Carla's directions are superb. It also makes a really cute Minnie Dress.

Just in case you need a visual...

147.jpg

Also forgot to say that the solid cotton colors were only $1.40. I might have to go back and get more colors......

WOW!!!!

I love that you named Ginny after your doll! :lovestruc

Eveyone is getting such good deals!

th_IMG_3044.jpg

It turned out great!
Made my first AG dresses today. I also have never worked with bias tape either so it was a learning experience.

th_DSC00895-1.jpg

It looks really cute!

I absolutely ADORE my girls' doctor (actually, she's a pediatric physicians assistant). She left the practice for a brief time and I was devastated! Thankfully, she saw the error of her ways and came back to us! It's so hard to find a doctor you really trust, yet SO important!

SO CUTE!!!!! Do you have an embroidery machine? I keep thinking you need Heather's Rock Star design on the shirt!

I'm glad the chewables worked out for you guys! The first time Arminda had chewables I was really worried. They smelled AWFUL and she is by FAR my WORST medicine taker (even now at 13!) but she said they tasted really good. :confused3

It is difficult to find a good doctor, isn't it? Thankfully I LOVE our ped. and I love my childhood family doctor (he is still my primary doctor for my migraine treatment) ...

I do not have an embroidery machine ... one day, one day ...

The chewables work great! However, I think I need to set a timer or something, because 3 times a day is HARD to remember to give the kid!!!!

Hi everyone!! I have been busy sewing but most of it goes out the door before I think of posting it. I've been doing a lot of Vida's lately...

397529375.jpg

Front of Tink
397529356.jpg

and the back...
397529357.jpg

And for those of you who know how much I LOVE Brent.. I'm happy to report that he's a Daddy now. His wife gave birth to a little boy, named Noah... he's so cute!! What do you expect with gorgeous parents...LOL

397529430.jpg

397529442.jpg

First of all, BEAUTIFUL Vidas! :worship:
Second, Brent is beautiful too ...

That's awesome that you saved up for all your AG... I hope you choose to continue to hang on to it... I've seen so many stories of adults who sell their collection and then wish for it back later... then spend years trying to replace the items they just sold.

That is an awesome machine (so I've read)... one of the last of the greatest Singers. I hope you take her cabinet home too... you'll have so much fun with it! :)

Yes, here we call soda "pop" ... Ginger Ale is Ginger Ale - LOL and AG is AG. :lmao:

I'll continue to hold on to them ... and all their stuff ... I still hold out hope that one day I'll have a daughter to give them to ... and if I DON'T have a daughter then I'll probably hold on to them hoping to have a granddaughter ... :lovestruc
I LOVE my machine ... I just wish I had the time to learn every little thing it does ... my boys keep me hoppin' and there aren't a whole lot of distractions when we're in Charlotte vs here ...

"Ginger Ale is Ginger Ale and AG is AG" :rotfl:

My walmart is in the process of turning into a super store and they took our fabric dept out about 2mos ago. I hadn't been in much since then. But I took a trip over today! HOLY COW! They had an entire isle of the 2yd precuts, and fat quarters. I bought 57 2yd packages and 15 fat quarters!!!!!! The 2yd packs were tagged clearance @$5, but I did the price check thingy and they were ringing up $1.90!!! And the fat quarter were priced at $.75 but rang up $.30!!

Awesome deals!!! Congrats!!!!

Love your rock star pants and the birthday swag shirts are perfect!! I'm sorry you think Phalen might have Lyme's. Here's hoping and praying his blood work comes out clear!

I'd be happy to embroider something for you since you've been so gracious as to feed my fabric addiction!! Just send me a PM of what you're looking for.

Thank you!!!! I'm leaning towards "virus" since he's only had 3 doses of meds. so far and is already acting and feeling MUCH better ... but we'll finish out the meds just to be safe and probably have our ped. in Charlotte run a blood test when we get home ...

And thank you for the offer of embroidering something for me! I just might take you up on that!!! :D

First, your son is precious. Second, I love his rock star look. Third, reread First.

I'm sitting here by my computer waiting for the antics of Ginger to go viral (like I know what that means :rotfl: ) so I can rake in the big bucks from selling endorsements, writing a book, making movie deals, a clothing line, etc.

That's right, I'm sitting right here waiting . . . barely daring to breathe. :surfweb:

I can so relate!

You'll have to read the book I'm probably going to get asked to write.

What's the expression? If the old cow gives you milk then you won't pay for the book she writes?

Brett was the cruise director when we sailed for our 25th. He was a BUSY man, and I loved his accent -- Australian, not NZ -- I think. Beautiful baby.

My husband and I talk about what we'll do with The Check when it comes -- you know the one from a relative you never knew you had, but you're the last surviving relative, or someone you did a good deed for when you were a teenager. Anyway, when The Check comes, I'll buy the address and then I'm going to surprise ~D by just showing up at her door someday. I'll have Ginger and a couple of glasses and when she answers the door I'll ask her if she has any ice. I'll have a hidden camera so I can post it on youtube.

You crack me up :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

IMG_3044.jpg

WOW! Your stitching is AMAZING!!!!! How on earth did you do his toes???

DSC00895-1.jpg

DSC00899-1.jpg

So I made a sash.
DSC00902.jpg

Great job!:thumbsup2

397529375.jpg

Front of Tink
397529356.jpg

and the back...
397529357.jpg

And for those of you who know how much I LOVE Brent.. I'm happy to report that he's a Daddy now. His wife gave birth to a little boy, named Noah... he's so cute!! What do you expect with gorgeous parents...LOL

397529430.jpg

397529442.jpg

OMG!!!! The dresses and the family are just beautiful.

DSC00895-1.jpg

DSC00899-1.jpg

So I made a sash.
DSC00902.jpg

THose are great Chiara!

I'm on AGplaythings and AGfansboard. I mostly lurk though.
I bought Felicity from a lady on AGplaythings. I think I would really like Josephina next, or maybe Molly. Well, actually, any I can find a good deal on! I love all of them! My girls keep telling me it's not fair that I have both Felicity and Kirsten, and they only have Kaya (for Lyddie) and Samantha (for Arminda) I say it's fair, because two of mine cost less than just ONE of theirs!

LOL about your girls... I've never had that problem - We've always kept the dolly situation even, however, V has saved her $$ twice now to buy her own doll (Lanie and Kanani)... So, she is pretty far ahead.

Second, Brent is beautiful too ...
Sorry, but this just cracked me up. :lmao:

I'll continue to hold on to them ... and all their stuff ... I still hold out hope that one day I'll have a daughter to give them to ... and if I DON'T have a daughter then I'll probably hold on to them hoping to have a granddaughter ... :lovestruc
I LOVE my machine ... I just wish I had the time to learn every little thing it does ... my boys keep me hoppin' and there aren't a whole lot of distractions when we're in Charlotte vs here ...

I am glad to hear you are going to keep your items. :)

I hope you have time to learn more about your machine soon. Since I got all those new feet with Patience, I've decided to learn one a week - I figure I really should learn these feet, they might make my life a bit more simple in the long run... especially that ruffler foot (I've been wanting one for a long time)... I even have Carla C's ruffler foot tut all ready to go. :woohoo:

I started on a new project last night... Inspired by Ellen's Insas. I've been wanting to do a Villians AG set for quite some time - and I finally broke it down and figured out how I want to do it. Of course, they'll come with my own twist on things. But I've been in an awful creative rut trying to come up with some new AG stuff for my Etsy store, so I am glad that I finally have a few ideas. It's not always easy competing with your own creativity and trying to outdo yourself. Then I had a dream about another theme to do - so now I have enough creative ideas to get me through summer and maybe into fall. :wizard:

Now this darn 4th of July weekend is putting a crimp in my style - since DH won't let me take a machine to the lake.

However, I think I talked him into letting me stop at a JoAnn's on the way home. I've been searching for a week now, every fabric store in the Metro, and everyone is out of standard class 15 bobbins. I can't sew on patience until I have more bobbins - since she only came with one - and right now I have it wound in red from her sewing machine cover. The plastic ones don't work - despite being class 15 - they are slightly narrower and her "winder finger" (I know that's not the right term) gets stuck in them - so I need metal ones.

D~

I missed the quoite with the vidas but they are gorgeous -- I particularly love the fabrics in the first one.

th_147.jpg
th_148.jpg
th_149-1.jpg
th_150.jpg

th_151.jpg
th_153-1.jpg

Forgot to tell you about these...they are so cute. Pillow creations, for my 6y/o to make. They were only $2.40

th_154.jpg

And this cute little blanket kit for $4.10

Not looking forward to washing and storing all this, but man I was so excited. I looked like a crazy lady going up to the register with all this stuff.

Also forgot to say that the solid cotton colors were only $1.40. I might have to go back and get more colors......
Wow! That's making my $1 yd fleece look expensive! NONE of our Walmarts ever carried the prepacked items. Maybe I should go on a little road trip, but gas would cost way more than the fabric! And I thought my 75 cents fat quarters were a steal -- for 30 cents I think I would have bought every single fat quarter in the store. Think of the Insa's that could be made with them!

I'm in NorthEast PA.....WENDY.....you need to go NOW!!!!
I think Wendy is still at Camp Promise. Poor girl doesn't know what she is missing out on.

Just give me time to sell a kidney so I can afford it.

Kit was one of the dolls I visited on Friday. And, boy, were you right about the fit. Too big. :sad1:

I'm sitting here by my computer waiting for the antics of Ginger to go viral (like I know what that means :rotfl: ) so I can rake in the big bucks from selling endorsements, writing a book, making movie deals, a clothing line, etc.

My husband and I talk about what we'll do with The Check when it comes -- you know the one from a relative you never knew you had, but you're the last surviving relative, or someone you did a good deed for when you were a teenager. Anyway, when The Check comes, I'll buy the address and then I'm going to surprise ~D by just showing up at her door someday. I'll have Ginger and a couple of glasses and when she answers the door I'll ask her if she has any ice. I'll have a hidden camera so I can post it on youtube.

I wouldn't worry about selling a kidney or waiting for a check from a relative. Quit sewing Ginger clothes and get to work on writing the book -- I need the money and I'm sure D needs a visitor!

Hmmm, how long will it take me to drive to Alabama?

th_IMG_3044.jpg
It turned out great!

th_DSC00895-1.jpg

th_DSC00899-1.jpg

So I made a sash.
th_DSC00902.jpg
Cute! I like the first one the best. I should really try making one for my dd's naked doll today. And then I need to work on her hair -- it keeps getting rattier.

IMG_3044.jpg
I don't think I have ever used the word beautiful and Frog in the same sentence... I am really impressed with your stitching!
However, I think I talked him into letting me stop at a JoAnn's on the way home. I've been searching for a week now, every fabric store in the Metro, and everyone is out of standard class 15 bobbins. I can't sew on patience until I have more bobbins - since she only came with one - and right now I have it wound in red from her sewing machine cover. The plastic ones don't work - despite being class 15 - they are slightly narrower and her "winder finger" (I know that's not the right term) gets stuck in them - so I need metal ones.

D~
Have you thought about ordering them online? If you can find them on Amazon you will probably have them in a day or two.

DSC00895-1.jpg

DSC00899-1.jpg

So I made a sash.
DSC00902.jpg
These are great!

147.jpg

148.jpg

149-1.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

153-1.jpg

Forgot to tell you about these...they are so cute. Pillow creations, for my 6y/o to make. They were only $2.40

154.jpg

And this cute little blanket kit for $4.10

Not looking forward to washing and storing all this, but man I was so excited. I looked like a crazy lady going up to the register with all this stuff.

I have never seen the precuts in the Walmarts here. I am excited for you. This is a great deal. The Wamart here that still have fabric just have the bolts. Would love to find these at such a great price.

Have you thought about ordering them online? If you can find them on Amazon you will probably have them in a day or two.

I did think about ordering them online - but I didn't think about Amazon... Great idea! :thumbsup2 Off to shop now. :worship:

D~

Thank you! I hope you had fun at the AG store! How does your dd like Kanani? Her hair is sooo long... my dd has had her since Jan 1 - and mostly her hair stays in a long braid.
D~

:lmao: We still haven't taken it out of the hair net because I am too afraid it will get all tangled looking.

Since she has 10 and she still plays with them all.

WOW.. DD now has 4 AG dolls but would be in heaven if she had 10.

I just found yesterday this site that has free AG doll patterns....and if you sign up for their newsletter they will send you links to 2 other free patterns.
http://libertyjanepatterns.com/

If your daughter likes modern clothes for her doll....I'd start with the strappy tank (get that one when you sign up). I can't wait to buy and try the designer jeans pattern!

Thanks for the link

One Thanksgiving weekend 2004, Dh left for a year long deployment to Iraq. I was devistated, the girls were heartbroken - and I just wanted to do something very special for them for Christmas that year. A was 6 and V was 5 and I was broke... thanks to the US Government for messing up Josh's pay - we hadn't received a paycheck in 16 weeks! Somehow, after weeks of trying, I finally managed to reach the right person and get Josh paid - with back pay - but it was only 2 weeks before Christmas - I had nothing for the girls and bills had piled up and savings had been emptied. By the time bills were paid and savings was restored - I had just enough for Christmas dinner and an AG doll for each of them. Grandma and Grandpa were kind enough to raid that AG Chicago store, and get each of them several outfits for Christmas. Fast forward a bit... the girls' bdays rolled around and there were outfits that they desperately wanted for their dolls, so I went online to order them and they were gone - retired. I was a bit angry because they outftis were still featured in the current AG catalog. Which led me to an online search to try and find out retirement info in advance... and I found the message boards. I've been very active in those communities for several years, and even moderate one of the boards.

Eventually, my girls' collection started me on my own collection, because there were so many items that I wanted them to have, that they had no interest in having. And it was something fun and wholesome that we could enjoy together. Now that the girls are pretty much done with AG - I am so thankful and fortunate that we had that time together building memories, we had that one thing that bound us together at a time when children tend to start growing away from their parents. Now, I feel that I am very close to my girls and we enjoy spending time together, because we have various hobbies that we take interest in. Our AG collecting has turned into creating items, and we still have a lot of bonding time. :lovestruc

So, in a nutshell - I learned so much - because it was something my girls enjoyed.

D~

Thanks for sharing your story. I never played with AG dolls nor ever heard of them until DD was born. DH is still in shock that a doll can cost $100. He doesn't get why she needed another one. But this is the same guy who has no problem buying StarWars ships for the boys even though we have over 20 now.:confused3

10 tips to help you "spend" your summer vacation wisely

1. Buy fabric for your next project

2. And probably some thread, maybe stabilizer, buttons, and a zipper

3. Get a doll whether or not there is anyone in your house of an approriate age

4. Buy an old vintage antique Singer (not Paul McCartney, the other kind of singer)

5. Buy some fabric for a project you might sew sometime

6. Git yourself a ruffle bunny foot

7. Probably getting a laptop to sit next to your sewing machine would make it easier for following epatterns

8. Book a trip to Disney World so you'll have a reason to sew -- and try for reservations at 1900 Park Fare to see what the stepsisters are all about

9. Order some fabric that you know you'll never use but have to have anyway

10. Buy one first class and one coach ticket to MN to surprise ~D at her fourth of July picnic (be polite, don't eat more than $180 of food)

:rotfl2:

397529375.jpg

Front of Tink
397529356.jpg

397529430.jpg

397529442.jpg

LOVE the Vidas and what a cute family. My youngest is named Noah:love:

On the way to Hancock's I stopped at Walmart to check out their remnant bin and trims. I also wanted to check pricing on FQs b/c I just bought some and they rang up as 75 cents. And yes, all fat quarters were 75 cents so I really stocked up on basics. I also got a nice remnant that will be good for appliques. But the real steal was they had bolts of fleece on clearance for $1and $2 per yard. You had to buy the entire bolt. So I have 9 yards of Tink and several yards of Princess fleece in addition to a few yards of horses and a couple of yards of other prints to use for kids' pjs. I can't take pics just yet b/c it's hidden in the back of my car. DH would think I lost it if he saw me lugging in 5 bolts of fleece. I am hoping I can hide some of it in my closet but it's going to be tough to find storage for some of these bolts. The Tink was only $1/yd (and it's so pretty - pastels with lilac I think -- I didn't look too close -- it was cheap -- I didn't care) and princesses were $1/yd. I guess I will just make some blankets for BG's with the Tink and Princess. I really prefer to make clothes rather than blankets, but I just couldn't resist the prices. The prints on these are too big for jammies but the princess one could possibly work for Carla's raglan hoodie. Or maybe my kids would want to dress as huge bolts of fleece for Halloween this year.

:woohoo:

th_147.jpg

WOW loving all that fabric. I am starting to get fabric envy though I really can't buy anymore as I already have 3 bins full of fabric.

th_IMG_3044.jpg

Too cute.

th_DSC00895-1.jpg

So I made a sash.
th_DSC00902.jpg

Those came out great...but don't you have a trip to start sewing for:rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Those came out great...but don't you have a trip to start sewing for:rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Yes I do and I am way behind with sewing. I have exactly one set of outfits done.:eek:

Oh and one other pair of shorts waiting for a matching shirt.

A skirt cut out but isn't really for the trip and a pair of shorts.

Thinking of adding a ruffle to a pair of jeans and making shorts since the are ripped.

I am a classic procrastinator

Amy Grace is stylin' and I love the idea of a photo book about the cruise.

I had a Ginny doll. Was there a Chatty Cathy in your past?

Chatty Cathy was way after my time--but my much younger sister had one. My brother took her apart the first week she had her to see what made Cathy talk. (She never said another word :confused3)

So....for my sister's 40th brithday, I bought her a Chatty Cathy and a lot of her clothes (love Ebay!) She loved it, but her husband and sons didn't quite get it!

th_IMG_3044.jpg

WOW! can't believe that's hand applique....pretty!

th_DSC00895-1.jpg

th_DSC00899-1.jpg

So I made a sash.
th_DSC00902.jpg

I especially like the blue dress....love the color choices! I have an thing for blue mixed w/ green though:lovestruc

Yes I do and I am way behind with sewing. I have exactly one set of outfits done.:eek:

Oh and one other pair of shorts waiting for a matching shirt.

A skirt cut out but isn't really for the trip and a pair of shorts.

Thinking of adding a ruffle to a pair of jeans and making shorts since the are ripped.

I am a classic procrastinator

I procrastinate too.....I think I focus better with deadlines!:guilty:

Hello,
My name is Beth ,I am a 48 yr. old Nanna to 7 g'babies ages 4 to 9,5 girls and 2 boys and I have been lurking here for a year or so,I used to visit the DiSign forums before our trip to WDW in 2008,DD painted shirts for the dgc for that trip and I did a partial TR when we came back but have been busy and had an old slow computer so never finished it:headache:. So when we started to daydream about a trip with my other DD and her family I came lurking here :cloud9: and was inspired to teach myself to sew.DD had a Kenmore she'd recieved from her ex for a b'day and she'd never used it so she passed it on to me!:yay: I read everything on here I could :surfweb: and learned so ,so much from all of you wonderful people.:worship:
Last trip we { Pawpaw & I } traveled w/DD Brendi ,{her now ex} & her kids { oldest grands ,then 5 & 3} Elli- 9, & Blaze -7 . This year we went w/other DD and her family,dh Chad and 3 lil princesses!:dance3: Kensleigh & Gracie ,twins -6 and lil sister Chloe-4! We had a BLAST and they loved all the customs I had made { nothing fancy but what fun I had making them :flower3:}.We were there at POP may28-june3,2011 ,in the 50's. Since it was their 1st trip we did many character meals as we did with the others on their 1st trip...gotta do it up right the 1st trip!
I would have to say I am a Disney addict,I know the ladies at work must roll their eyes behind my back when I talk Disney. Last trip we co-planned,this trip my dd said " you plan it Nanna & we'll just enjoy!" that was all I needed...:thumbsup2 by the time we went all she had to do was pack for her and hubs because I had been packing for the girls for about a year and a half!
I am hoping to get the pictures from our trip loaded to this computer { new to us,old one was soooo slow and new dsil { dd upgraded!!!!} gave us his computer for my b'day/Pawpaw's Fathers day gift! now thats love!:love:
I will go now before I get myself run off! I truely LOVE seeing all the things you all create.I have cased some things { from who I can't remember},but I give it my thrifty twist. I don't pay full price for anything,I love to shop the thrift stores and re-claim/up-cycle/re-purpose sheet sets,mens/womens shirts/skirts etc. If I see a fabric I like I try to see what I can make from it. I started with a Pillow case dress and still love the ease of these,my fave pattern is a peasent dress/shirt/capri pattern from McCall's ,Chelsea Andersen # M6062...love it,easy and versatile.I hope to be back later with some pix of things I have sewn,just started teaching myself in sept. 2010,should of learned years ago since my Mom taught sewing at the Singer Sewing Machine store in our town when I was a little girl.I got all the dresses when they came out of the windwo since my Mom had sewn them!When i was old enough to learn to sew my Mom and I we not close,all that teen stuff...lol she passed away when I was 20 and preg. with my 2nd. dd so i never got to have her teach me. Our other dgc are Jackon-6 and Avery-4. they are my son Austin's children,LOVE him and them dearly but see them hardly ever {dil issues}, They do get to go to Disney often though since dil parents own DVC.
sorry to ramble...poof I'm gone...:wizard:

Hello,
My name is Beth ,I am a 48 yr. old Nanna to 7 g'babies ages 4 to 9,5 girls and 2 boys and I have been lurking here for a year or so,I used to visit the DiSign forums before our trip to WDW in 2008,DD painted shirts for the dgc for that trip and I did a partial TR when we came back but have been busy and had an old slow computer so never finished it:headache:. So when we started to daydream about a trip with my other DD and her family I came lurking here :cloud9: and was inspired to teach myself to sew.DD had a Kenmore she'd recieved from her ex for a b'day and she'd never used it so she passed it on to me!:yay: I read everything on here I could :surfweb: and learned so ,so much from all of you wonderful people.:worship:
Last trip we { Pawpaw & I } traveled w/DD Brendi ,{her now ex} & her kids { oldest grands ,then 5 & 3} Elli- 9, & Blaze -7 . This year we went w/other DD and her family,dh Chad and 3 lil princesses!:dance3: Kensleigh & Gracie ,twins -6 and lil sister Chloe-4! We had a BLAST and they loved all the customs I had made { nothing fancy but what fun I had making them :flower3:}.We were there at POP may28-june3,2011 ,in the 50's. Since it was their 1st trip we did many character meals as we did with the others on their 1st trip...gotta do it up right the 1st trip!
I would have to say I am a Disney addict,I know the ladies at work must roll their eyes behind my back when I talk Disney. Last trip we co-planned,this trip my dd said " you plan it Nanna & we'll just enjoy!" that was all I needed...:thumbsup2 by the time we went all she had to do was pack for her and hubs because I had been packing for the girls for about a year and a half!
I am hoping to get the pictures from our trip loaded to this computer { new to us,old one was soooo slow and new dsil { dd upgraded!!!!} gave us his computer for my b'day/Pawpaw's Fathers day gift! now thats love!:love:
I will go now before I get myself run off! I truely LOVE seeing all the things you all create.I have cased some things { from who I can't remember},but I give it my thrifty twist. I don't pay full price for anything,I love to shop the thrift stores and re-claim/up-cycle/re-purpose sheet sets,mens/womens shirts/skirts etc. If I see a fabric I like I try to see what I can make from it. I started with a Pillow case dress and still love the ease of these,my fave pattern is a peasent dress/shirt/capri pattern from McCall's ,Chelsea Andersen # M6062...love it,easy and versatile.I hope to be back later with some pix of things I have sewn,just started teaching myself in sept. 2010,should of learned years ago since my Mom taught sewing at the Singer Sewing Machine store in our town when I was a little girl.I got all the dresses when they came out of the windwo since my Mom had sewn them!When i was old enough to learn to sew my Mom and I we not close,all that teen stuff...lol she passed away when I was 20 and preg. with my 2nd. dd so i never got to have her teach me. Our other dgc are Jackon-6 and Avery-4. they are my son Austin's children,LOVE him and them dearly but see them hardly ever {dil issues}, They do get to go to Disney often though since dil parents own DVC.
sorry to ramble...poof I'm gone...:wizard:

Welcome Beth! :) Hey - I wanna see pics too. :wizard:

D~

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter