Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She gives a size chart for length in the tute. I measured the length of one of dd's dressed to decide on length for her. It should totally work for a 5 yr old. The ones I've made for my 4 yr old fit well with room to grow.
You can also make your own "case" by sewing 2 rectangles of fabric together and hemming one edge.

This is one I made yesterday. I just need to iron it and take it to be monogrammed. I found a great stash of antique pillowcases with beautiful embroidery on the bottoms (2 of each style). I am making them for my nieces and my dd for our beach pictures.

pillowcasedress1.jpg

pillowcasedress.jpg

Thanks for that info!! Much appreciated!! I love those pillow cases! So beautiful!

OK - I apologize in advance for the massive amount of photos.

Excuse #1: I used to work for Gymboree, and sometimes I just can't stop creating.

Excuse #2: This set is for a friend on Facebook - so I can't post these pictures there.

Excuse #3: I really love this fabric - you might remember the main fabric was also used in Brian and Myrthe's table setting wedding gift.

Excuse #4: I think baby outfits are so cute.

Excuse #5: Refer to excuse #1.

:lmao:

Here we go:

The whole set - a result of excuse #1... everything mixes and matches, coordinates and makes mulitple outfits for different seasons.
IMG_138811.jpg

Another way to match them up:
IMG_139012.jpg

This started out as a plain white T-shirt:
IMG_138033.jpg

Close-up of my first hand applique... no, it's not perfect - but it's thousands of times better than I thought it would be! Thanks to Anita for helping me out last night and Heather's most awesome tut!
IMG_138144.jpg

Then, individual pictures of everything... :scared1:
IMG_139113.jpg

IMG_138255.jpg

IMG_138366.jpg

IMG_138699.jpg

Detail on the pant legs:
IMG_138710.jpg

IMG_138477.jpg

Back of the ruffle butt bloomers... :lovestruc
IMG_138588.jpg

IMG_137611.jpg

IMG_137822.jpg

And I think that's it! Now, I hope she loves the fabric. LOL

D~

Excuse #1: I used to work for Gymboree, and sometimes I just can't stop creating.

Excuse #2: This set is for a friend on Facebook - so I can't post these pictures there.

Excuse #3: I really love this fabric - you might remember the main fabric was also used in Brian and Myrthe's table setting wedding gift.

Here we go:

The whole set - a result of excuse #1... everything mixes and matches, coordinates and makes mulitple outfits for different seasons.
IMG_138811.jpg

IMG_139012.jpg

IMG_138033.jpg

Close-up of my first hand applique... no, it's not perfect - but it's thousands of times better than I thought it would be! Thanks to Anita for helping me out last night and Heather's most awesome tut!
IMG_138144.jpg

IMG_139113.jpg

IMG_138255.jpg

IMG_138366.jpg

IMG_138699.jpg

Detail on the pant legs:
IMG_138710.jpg

IMG_138477.jpg

IMG_138588.jpg

IMG_137611.jpg

IMG_137822.jpg

D~

Wow! Those all turned out great!! I absolutely love all the accessories and how they coordinate perfectly!! No excuses needed for wanting to make the complete outfit!! I totally know where you are coming from!! I used to work many years at American Eagle and then at Children's Place! It comes with the territory :)

IMG_138811.jpg

D~

Absolutely beautiful, great work!! I am sure she will love it!

Let me know if you're coming down and going! Maybe we can meet!!!

A hidden gem is right!!! But what a steady stream of customers!!! And I should know :lmao: I was in there for 2.5 hours yesterday :lmao: I went from there to Ryco (www.rycotrim.com if anyone makes tutus or uses lots of ribbons & trims ... their fabric prices are REALLY :scared1: high, but their trims, etc. are SUCH a great deal!!!!) to pick up tutu making supplies (I'll post a picture in a few!) ... then on my way home hit Joann's to pick up a couple of other supplies (using coupons of course!:thumbsup2 ) .... It was fabulous to get to go ALONE!!!!! I could take my time and look at everything and really THINK about what I was buying!!!

So ... I have to share this story with y'all ... When I got to Just Fabrics yesterday there were quite a few customers in the store ... I said hello and then started browsing ... when the owner had a minute I asked her if she had any more of some of the fabrics I'd purchased the day before because I didn't see the bolts on the shelves...
She started laughing and said, "Well, yes, I do ... but I had to pull them all to be cut" :confused: I asked why ... her response, "Well, this morning I got a phone call from a man in Utah saying his wife had seen the fabrics online and he wanted to place an order. I said he must be mistaken because I don't have a website. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that you must have posted about the store and put pictures of the fabric to your group you were telling me about! I couldn't believe you'd gotten pictures up that fast and that someone from UTAH was calling me!"
Then I told her I was going to need at least 12 yards of the Princess fabric as well as some other stuff for people in "my group" :rotfl2:

So, needless to say, she is TOTALLY feeling the Disboutiquers love :love:

For those of you that I'm getting princess fabric for, she didn't have enough in the store yesterday to cut me any (lucky person from Utah, whomever you are, you got the last of what she had there:thumbsup2 ) but she is 99% sure she has more in the warehouse and I've put in an "order" and she & I will be in touch later this week :cool1:

Okay ... now I'm off to go catch up on the next couple pages ... I was able to lurk a little yesterday, but I was on my phone, so I couldn't even begin to quote and post!!!!
I am heading home to RI the last week of June. I have a trip planned to Cranston!

Here is a messenger bag I made for Bridget's Big Give for her Mom. I had purchased the 7 dwarfs fabric a while back. I was excited to have an opportunity to use it for this family - they have 7 kids and each has a dwarf nickname, I thought this fabric would be appropriate for Mom:

254439_1373340110350_1737227318_597867_7284285_n.jpg

247940_1373340070349_1737227318_597866_130370_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Great bag! Just beautiful and so appropriate for this mom.

Here we go:

IMG_138811.jpg

IMG_139012.jpg

IMG_138033.jpg

IMG_138144.jpg

D~

Great work. Beautiful and I love the options for coordinating outfits.

Meshell - I just realized I lost my quote for your portrait dress. Just wanted to say it is GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to see the pictures. Please post one of them when you have them taken.

I have done some MAJOR sewing recently! The heat in maryland is ungodly at this point (Over 100 degrees) and there is nothing to do outside so sewing inside has kept me sane! This weather is just crazy anymore! Snow in Hawaii, The fires, floods and tornados! I pray everyone is safe!

HEre are a few recentl pictures of the kidos, my designs and such!
16-2.jpg

20.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my LOADS of pictures! I have plenty more to share but I will just leave you with the outfits and not the pictures of the kidos lol Although Nathan has grown so much since I have shared any pictures of him!

Candice

Oh my...these are awesome. I love, love, love the Ariel. I have that same panel that you used on the bodice. Now I know what to do with it. Thanks for sharing.

I few days ago on another site I saw an outfit posted of a Peter Pan skirt and top. The skirt was appliqued with Heather Sues Tink silhouette and pirate ship silhouette, the top had the peter pan/wendy/john/michael with the moon silhouette. On the skirt there was also two more appliques, one said "Off to Neverland, Here we Go!" and the other said "All you need is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust"... has anyone seen these text designs anywhere? I want them!

I know Stitchontime.com has the Faith...Trust saying too so she may have the other one as well.

Here is a messenger bag I made for Bridget's Big Give for her Mom. I had purchased the 7 dwarfs fabric a while back. I was excited to have an opportunity to use it for this family - they have 7 kids and each has a dwarf nickname, I thought this fabric would be appropriate for Mom:

Thanks for looking!

Absolutely adorable Ellen and perfect for this family.

You're going to share a picture, right? :rolleyes1 You know I need to see your first hand applique!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the tutu love :lovestruc I could TOTALLY see myself addicted to making them!!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!
Finn didn't want to try it on for me until I reminded him it was for his girlfriend ... then he was all about it :rotfl: But here was his first picture, he's thrilled, isn't he? :lmao:
IMG_0601-1.jpg

Today I'm going to attempt a pillowcase dress .... Does anyone have a favorite tutorial??? I also might attempt some skirts for myself ... I know someone posted a women's skirt tutorial, but for the life of me, I can't find it :headache:

hahahah!! This picture made me laugh. He is soo cute.

IMG_138811.jpg

IMG_139012.jpg

IMG_138033.jpg

IMG_138144.jpg

IMG_139113.jpg

IMG_138255.jpg

IMG_138366.jpg

IMG_138699.jpg

Detail on the pant legs:
IMG_138710.jpg

IMG_138477.jpg

IMG_138588.jpg

IMG_137611.jpg

IMG_137822.jpg

D~

LOVE it all! The fabric colors are amazing! She's going to love it! And don't apologize, there's lots of people like you out there! I've got 3DD who I love to match and coordinate with each other. What fun is it having girls if you can't do that!

QUESTION????

Does a 5x7 applique look decent on a men's large t or is that too tiny of an applique to do for a large t? I have thus far only done children's t's.

I personally think it's too small. I did a prince Mickey for my DH (he's an XL) and I didn't like the look. So I had to redo with the 6x10.....much better!

WELL............My new toy arrived yesterday!
042.jpg

I was able to watch the quick tut and rethread it with white thread by knotting it. I can't believe it actually worked! I've done the 4 thread overlock on it so far. I get the feeling I'm never going to know exactly what this thing is capable of. I'm going to attempt a rolled hem today. I want to make another one of these without hemming all the ruffles!!!!!
039.jpg

I do have a question though, when making something like a stripework skirt, can you use the serger to "sew" the stripes together while it overlocks at the same time? Or do you sew it all together first then go back and finish the seams???

This is one I made yesterday. I just need to iron it and take it to be monogrammed. I found a great stash of antique pillowcases with beautiful embroidery on the bottoms (2 of each style). I am making them for my nieces and my dd for our beach pictures.

th_pillowcasedress1.jpg

th_pillowcasedress.jpg

Gorgeous!! I love vintage pillowcases...what a great use of them.

th_pool031.jpg

I love all the new creations!! They are wonderful!! Here is a t-shirt and a pair of shorts that I made one of the grandsons. I hope he likes trains.

Oh soooo cute! Love the traintrack on the shirt.

Here we go:

IMG_138811.jpg

IMG_139012.jpg

IMG_138033.jpg

IMG_138144.jpg

IMG_139113.jpg

IMG_138255.jpg

IMG_138366.jpg

IMG_138699.jpg

Detail on the pant legs:
IMG_138710.jpg

IMG_138477.jpg

IMG_138588.jpg

IMG_137611.jpg

IMG_137822.jpg

D~

OMG....DORINE!!!!!! I love the whole set!!!!! How adorable. The colors are fantastic and you did great on the applique!!!! Going around curves is the hardest thing to do and look how many times you did it. Fantastic!

Here we go:

IMG_138811.jpg

IMG_139012.jpg

IMG_138033.jpg

IMG_138144.jpg

IMG_139113.jpg

IMG_138255.jpg

IMG_138366.jpg

IMG_138699.jpg

Detail on the pant legs:
IMG_138710.jpg

IMG_138477.jpg

IMG_138588.jpg

IMG_137611.jpg

IMG_137822.jpg

D~

I am in LOVE with these outfits! :lovestruc OH my goodness SO CUTE! What fabric is that? I am jealous

042.jpg

I do have a question though, when making something like a stripework skirt, can you use the serger to "sew" the stripes together while it overlocks at the same time? Or do you sew it all together first then go back and finish the seams???

Yay! I am glad you have already started using your serger! Awesome!

The first time I did the rolled hem - it was a little confusing... I just read the instructions thoroughly, and re read them at every step. Once you do it a few times, it gets much easier.

Most of the time, when I do ruffles, I like to do them double thickness - so I don't use the rolled hem very often. I mostly use the 4 thread overlock.

You could use your serger to just sew the seams on a stripwork skirt - that's how I plan to do the next one I make. Most of the time, when I serge, I do baste the seam, in leu of pinning - since you can't really risk pinning with a serger. Otherwise, I pin really far over from where I am serging - so I am sure to not hit any pins. It's whatever you are comfortable with. Honestly, I do baste more often than not - then I use my basting line to follow were I am going to serge.

I am in LOVE with these outfits! :lovestruc OH my goodness SO CUTE! What fabric is that? I am jealous

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the outfits I made - I just love making them - they are so TINY!

The fabric I used is Lila Tueller's Spirit, in the turquoise/blue colorway. The person I made the outfit for prefers colors other than pink for her new dd - so am praying that this will do the trick - If only I could knit - I really wanted to make her a matching sweater. :sick:

D~

Here we go:

IMG_138811.jpg

IMG_139012.jpg

IMG_138033.jpg

IMG_138144.jpg

IMG_139113.jpg

IMG_138255.jpg

IMG_138366.jpg

IMG_138699.jpg

Detail on the pant legs:
IMG_138710.jpg

IMG_138477.jpg

IMG_138588.jpg

IMG_137611.jpg

IMG_137822.jpg

D~

OMGoodness! everything is SOOO adorable!!! excellent job!

These outfits are all Awesome!! My DD & I especially love the Ariel. Question: how do you give the skirt so much "twirl factor"? The models are great, too- I love when they really get into it! Thank you for sharing these!
QUOTE]

Thank you! You are so sweet! The twirl factor comes from the amount of fabric that is used. I triple the amount of squares on each row making it that full. I also make my squares more of a rectangle then a square so that adds a lot of extra fabric as well!

Thanks for looking!

I think this is one of the best bags I've seen!! I love it! :love:

Here we go:

IMG_138811.jpg

IMG_139012.jpg

IMG_138033.jpg

IMG_138144.jpg

IMG_139113.jpg

IMG_138255.jpg

IMG_138366.jpg

IMG_138699.jpg

Detail on the pant legs:
IMG_138710.jpg

IMG_138477.jpg

IMG_138588.jpg

IMG_137611.jpg

IMG_137822.jpg

D~

Oh Lord! Everything is amazing, D! I love love love the main fabric and the coordinatings as well. And you did a fantastic job on the applique! :banana::banana::banana: I'm sure your friend will be thrilled!

LOVE it all! The fabric colors are amazing! She's going to love it! And don't apologize, there's lots of people like you out there! I've got 3DD who I love to match and coordinate with each other. What fun is it having girls if you can't do that!

I personally think it's too small. I did a prince Mickey for my DH (he's an XL) and I didn't like the look. So I had to redo with the 6x10.....much better!

042.jpg

I was able to watch the quick tut and rethread it with white thread by knotting it. I can't believe it actually worked! I've done the 4 thread overlock on it so far. I get the feeling I'm never going to know exactly what this thing is capable of. I'm going to attempt a rolled hem today. I want to make another one of these without hemming all the ruffles!!!!!
039.jpg

YAY! on your new serger! I adore the top as well! Can't wait to see whay else you come up with!

Somewhere I lost the quotes with the vintage pillowcase dresses and the train outfit. :confused3 Love them both! Great job ladies!

I am ISO a Disboutiguer, that has been wanting thier first serger!! I have been lucky enough to purchase a new Janome serger that is wonderful. So I no longer need my Brother 1034D. I would like to give this to someone that is in want of a serger for thier creations.

The machine is about 2 years old. The only thing I've used it for is to cover the seams. A few months after I bought it, the lever for the pressure foot broke. But you really aren't supposed to lift the foot on sergers. So it hasn't been an issue with me. I also have most of my belongs in storage. So I think alot of the parts that go with the machine are there also. Like the long tweezers. You would need to get a new pair of those (the Brother ones, IMO, aren't that great anyway).

I do have it threaded, and I have the 2 instructional CD's to go with it.

Do I have any takers? Please send me a PM.

Sally

I am ISO a Disboutiguer, that has been wanting thier first serger!! I have been lucky enough to purchase a new Janome serger that is wonderful. So I no longer need my Brother 1034D. I would like to give this to someone that is in want of a serger for thier creations.

The machine is about 2 years old. The only thing I've used it for is to cover the seams. A few months after I bought it, the lever for the pressure foot broke. But you really aren't supposed to lift the foot on sergers. So it hasn't been an issue with me. I also have most of my belongs in storage. So I think alot of the parts that go with the machine are there also. Like the long tweezers. You would need to get a new pair of those (the Brother ones, IMO, aren't that great anyway).

I do have it threaded, and I have the 2 instructional CD's to go with it.

Do I have any takers? Please send me a PM.

Sally

Sally...sent you a PM...pick me! pick me!:yay::yay:

Lynn

IMG_138811.jpg

D~

D I love it all great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter