Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I think I need an intervention- I can't believe what I just did...

so I went to my local quilt store to see if they had any idea when their grinch fabric might be coming in, and lo and behold there it was on the counter having just been delivered. (cue angels singing)- did I mention we'll be at Uni for Grinchmas? Anyhoo, I ran home to design something and as I was looking at my patterns thought, must have ruffles... and came upon the nie nie skirt which I haven't made yet- perfect! Then, I thought; corset top with deco'd front- yes, this could work. Laid out all the fabrics on the cutting counter, and then started telling her how much I needed of each... about 3/4 of the way through I realized this outfit was going to take about 8 yards of really expensive quilters cotton

I can't believe it, I just spent over $80 on fabric for an outfit that my dd was planning to wear once (I can barely breathe, even though My mom actually bought the fabric for DD). I made her a silk dupoini dress last easter and spent less than $40... fwiw, DD will now be wearing it on multiple occasions, and I'm making 1 size up so she'll get at least a year or two more out of it, but holy toledo-

Has anyone else ever done something this insane? Or do I need professional help?

I would tend to think you're not alone. I can't believe I'm posting this in public where DH might actually read this and BUST me, but I've spent over $30 for princess embroidery designs before for my daughter's first trip dress and that's a good chunk of money before purchasing fabric, notions, pattern etc!! EKK! I know some people save money sewing for their kids, but I don't think I'm one of them.

I do love it!!! Its so much better than my cheapie which I sold on Craigslist. changing the thread is SO Much easier!!! Tonight I put a rainbow thread in to make some boy cut shirts look more girly for Eliz and Hannah!!!! All by myself!!

102_3341.jpg

102_3342.jpg

102_3344.jpg

102_3345.jpg

Tangled outfit without Zoey!!
102_3343.jpg

My step brother and his wife are leaving for China tomorrow to pick up their baby girl Kate!!!! She will just be turning 2 years old!!! Say a prayer for them if you can! They adopted 2 boys, but both were in the states - so this is a whole new ballgame!

Congrats on the new serger!! I love all the creations, and that batik outfit is awesome!! Best wishes to your friends adopting from China, how exciting!!

okay ... I had to share this fabric ... they had it at the store today (and I didn't buy any, because, let's face it, I have boys and they're NOT going to wear princess fabric) ... I'd never ever seen it before ... If I made dresses for little girls, I'd be all over it ...

il_570xN.128320967.jpg

Ooooo!! I'd love to have some as well, but I fear you've got enough requests on your hands!

Also, I've been looking high and low for the Mickey comic strip fabric... and I can't find it anywhere locally - does anyone have an online source?

D~

I was able to get some of the comic strip fabric via a nice clerk at Joanns. She looked it up on the store to store system and found some in MN for me. I had to pay $8 shipping to get it here, but I could use a 50% off coupon so I was still a happy camper. So I would suggest going to Joanns and seeing if someone can look it up for you.

I just started on this thread a couple of weeks ago and you've already gotten me going! Some of you recommended the Simply Sweet pattern for my baby girl and I started with a Minnie dress. I kept it fairly simple for my first try. I'm going to iron on a Minnie head to the bodice. out of the black fabric with white dots. It's a little big now, but it should be just right in September. I love that e-book. I already have a list of stuff I want to make out of it. Next up will be the princessified simply sweet I think.
IMG_20110606_082450.jpg

Now I have to go catch up on my 15 loads of laundry that still need to be folded since I've been playing all week :)

Love your first creation and your baby girl is precious. My house work always suffers when I find myself creating as well. My justification is, the creations last longer than the house work. You know full well those dirty dishes and clean clothes are just gonna get dirty again tomorrow, right?

Here's a couple of the outfits my 4 yo DD will be wearing to the parks.
Animal Kingdom
050-Copy.jpg

Minnie Mouse twirl set
051.jpg

Need a better/close-up pic of this halter dress
117.jpg

121.jpg

Love it all!! Beautiful work!

Finished her 3 yr old portrait dress in 2 weeks! :banana::banana::banana:

IMG_3714.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

Now I can tackle the pile of mending that has been waiting for me for 3 weeks

I know you posted lots a beautiful creations, but this portrait dress is just PRECIOUS!! So lovely and delicate!! And she's a cutie, I bet her pictures are going to be amazing!

Okay -I have my most FAVORITE Heathersue design, EVER!!!!!!!!! Isnt it the cutest thing!! I didnt have any girly tshirts, so this is where I used my rainbow thread and serged the bottoms and sleeves of these t shirts for the girls (to be from Tim)
102_3339.jpg

102_3340.jpg

One final plea - would anyone be willing to make 3 of the kids from Bridgies Big Give an Eye Spy Bag? They have to travel by car because Bridgie can't tolerate pressure changes and they are coming from MI!!!!!! Thanks for thinking about it!!!

Those shirts came out beautifully and I agree that design is amazing, but what HS creation isn't? I wish I could commit to sewing for Big Give right now, we are attempting to sell our home and I'm constantly having to tear down and pack up my sewing stuff anything someone calls wanting to show the house. So deadline sewing is next to impossible right now, unfortunately. Sorry I've been away from the BG for so long. I promise to jump back in once I can.

Thanks to the ladies on this board and the suggestion of the Simply Sweet pattern, I made my dd's gown for breakfast at the castle. I let her choose the fabric. She's wearing a pettiskirt underneath to add fullness. The skirt is has 2 layers - satin on the bottom then a tulle overlay with a swirly glitter pattern on it. The glitter got on everything. Simply everything. And we were all weaing sunscreen so it stuck to all of us and wouldn't wipe off. Everyone kept mentioning our pixie dust so it ended up adding to the Disney magic - although ds was less than thrilled to be covered in glitter.
The top of the dress is crying out for something but I don't embroider (yet ;) )
Thanks for inspiring me and helping to add to the magic of our first family trip to Disney!

Cindy3.jpg

Ariel3.jpg

Funny about the glitter! Ahhh, life with little girls! The dress is lovely, and your daughter simply glows in it.

Hi! I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for the great advice!! I'm not sure how to do multi-quotes yet, but I wanted to let anyone BRAND new to sewing know (there were a couple of you back there I think...) that I just picked up Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew One Project at a Time. It's INCREDIBLE. Very easy to follow and actually has you using the machine, even before you know what every little thing does. It's great, and really kept me from being overwhelmed.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! You guys are so inspirational. It really makes me realize how incredible my mom was all of those years ago making those Halloween costumes from scratch.

Sounds like a great book. I'm sure it's been said, but Carla C patterns are SUPER newbie friendly. I have learned so much from just reading the tutorials, her tips actually have helped me through commercial sewing patterns! Anything Carla C can't be beat!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? :worship: You've only been lurking here since last fall??? Your stuff is amazing!!!! You give me great hope!!!! :thumbsup2

LOL - Yup, it's true... I only dug my MIL's old machine out of my deepest darkest closet at the end of October 2010... I've been sewing (for the first time in 22 years - or 9th grade home-ec - which ever you prefer) for a grand total of... 7 1/2 months. LOL :woohoo: And I'm lovin' every minute of it. I've never taken a class, completely self-taught with online tutorials and the good ol' Disboutiquers... not to mention, I've completely figured out my serger on my own, with out classes. Truly - if I can do it - anyone can do it. :)

My biggest obstical was cutting into "perfect fabric" - then I had a light bulb moment - I had only paid $2 for that yard of fabric - it was only $2 - I can afford to totally wreck $2 - there's more where that came from... and I went into every project, knowing that I could wreck it and I could start over - I've never had to... but I am also not afraid to rip out miles of stitching, because I am a perfectionist. LOL So, go ahead, waste $2 - I dare ya! :lmao:

A hidden gem is right!!! But what a steady stream of customers!!! And I should know :lmao: I was in there for 2.5 hours yesterday :lmao: I went from there to Ryco (www.rycotrim.com if anyone makes tutus or uses lots of ribbons & trims ... their fabric prices are REALLY :scared1: high, but their trims, etc. are SUCH a great deal!!!!) to pick up tutu making supplies (I'll post a picture in a few!) ... then on my way home hit Joann's to pick up a couple of other supplies (using coupons of course!:thumbsup2 ) .... It was fabulous to get to go ALONE!!!!! I could take my time and look at everything and really THINK about what I was buying!!!

So ... I have to share this story with y'all ... When I got to Just Fabrics yesterday there were quite a few customers in the store ... I said hello and then started browsing ... when the owner had a minute I asked her if she had any more of some of the fabrics I'd purchased the day before because I didn't see the bolts on the shelves...
She started laughing and said, "Well, yes, I do ... but I had to pull them all to be cut" :confused: I asked why ... her response, "Well, this morning I got a phone call from a man in Utah saying his wife had seen the fabrics online and he wanted to place an order. I said he must be mistaken because I don't have a website. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that you must have posted about the store and put pictures of the fabric to your group you were telling me about! I couldn't believe you'd gotten pictures up that fast and that someone from UTAH was calling me!"
Then I told her I was going to need at least 12 yards of the Princess fabric as well as some other stuff for people in "my group" :rotfl2:

So, needless to say, she is TOTALLY feeling the Disboutiquers love :love:

For those of you that I'm getting princess fabric for, she didn't have enough in the store yesterday to cut me any (lucky person from Utah, whomever you are, you got the last of what she had there:thumbsup2 ) but she is 99% sure she has more in the warehouse and I've put in an "order" and she & I will be in touch later this week :cool1:

Okay ... now I'm off to go catch up on the next couple pages ... I was able to lurk a little yesterday, but I was on my phone, so I couldn't even begin to quote and post!!!!

I can't wait to see your tu-tu!!!

And LOL about the princess fabric... So - which Disboutiquer (or lurker) lives in Utah???? LOL :lovestruc I don't have any projects waiting for the princess fabric - but I am excited to get it just the same. :) Thanks for all the hassle of getting it for us!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

D~

Ooooo!! I'd love to have some as well, but I fear you've got enough requests on your hands!

I was able to get some of the comic strip fabric via a nice clerk at Joanns. She looked it up on the store to store system and found some in MN for me. I had to pay $8 shipping to get it here, but I could use a 50% off coupon so I was still a happy camper. So I would suggest going to Joanns and seeing if someone can look it up for you.

How much do you want??? Seriously, at this point, I've already told her I need AT LEAST 12 yards ... it's $5.00 a yard (which everyone else that wanted some as well, I promised I'd find out!) but that's still cheaper than a lot of fabrics at Walmart even ... and this is very nice quality stuff :thumbsup2 ... and I'm going to the post office regardless, so another order ... as long as my credit card doesn't freak out 'til y'all send me your money :confused3 I'm happy to help spread the 'fabric joy' :love:

And thanks for the tip on the Comic Strip Mickey fabric & Joann's! Although our Joann's and special help don't seem to go in my favor ... The last couple of times I went in there and needed help it seemed to be a HUGE deal and I felt SO bad ... :headache:

LOL - Yup, it's true... I only dug my MIL's old machine out of my deepest darkest closet at the end of October 2010... I've been sewing (for the first time in 22 years - or 9th grade home-ec - which ever you prefer) for a grand total of... 7 1/2 months. LOL :woohoo: And I'm lovin' every minute of it. I've never taken a class, completely self-taught with online tutorials and the good ol' Disboutiquers... not to mention, I've completely figured out my serger on my own, with out classes. Truly - if I can do it - anyone can do it. :)

My biggest obstical was cutting into "perfect fabric" - then I had a light bulb moment - I had only paid $2 for that yard of fabric - it was only $2 - I can afford to totally wreck $2 - there's more where that came from... and I went into every project, knowing that I could wreck it and I could start over - I've never had to... but I am also not afraid to rip out miles of stitching, because I am a perfectionist. LOL So, go ahead, waste $2 - I dare ya! :lmao:

I can't wait to see your tu-tu!!!

And LOL about the princess fabric... So - which Disboutiquer (or lurker) lives in Utah???? LOL :lovestruc I don't have any projects waiting for the princess fabric - but I am excited to get it just the same. :) Thanks for all the hassle of getting it for us!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

D~

I hear ya on the "wasting $2" :lmao: The pair of "dinosaur party pants" I made for Finn (my first "real" project in years - because the Star Wars stuff I made wasn't 'real' to me :rolleyes1 ) were made with jeans from Goodwill and $1.50 clearance material from Walmart ... the whole project cost me less than $5.00 and he LOVES them :cool1:

I have to sync my phone before I can post the tutu pictures ... and I'm just going to "risk" the fact that Amber might think to peek in here looking for a picture, because I told her she had to wait until the box arrives to see the final product :rotfl:

And, like I said above, I'm happy to spread the fabric joy when I can ... If anyone finds Comic Strip Mickey Fabric locally and wants to return the favor (provided it's on sale or there's a coupon, because WOW! Joann's fabric prices have gone up :scared1: ) I'd be thrilled :cool1:

I totally want to know who the Utah orderer was ... Come out, come out, where ever you are! :lmao: I thought it was SO COOL that I had been able to help someone find fabric and help this store with an order like that :)

I have done some MAJOR sewing recently! The heat in maryland is ungodly at this point (Over 100 degrees) and there is nothing to do outside so sewing inside has kept me sane! This weather is just crazy anymore! Snow in Hawaii, The fires, floods and tornados! I pray everyone is safe!

HEre are a few recentl pictures of the kidos, my designs and such!
16-2.jpg

20.jpg

14-4.jpg

13-5.jpg

8-5.jpg

5-8.jpg

00-2.jpg

t11.jpg

resells023-1.jpg

resells013-1.jpg

resells008-1.jpg

15-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

l5.jpg

a12.jpg

6-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

Newest001.jpg

Newest016.jpg

Newest021.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my LOADS of pictures! I have plenty more to share but I will just leave you with the outfits and not the pictures of the kidos lol Although Nathan has grown so much since I have shared any pictures of him!

Candice

I have done some MAJOR sewing recently! The heat in maryland is ungodly at this point (Over 100 degrees) and there is nothing to do outside so sewing inside has kept me sane! This weather is just crazy anymore! Snow in Hawaii, The fires, floods and tornados! I pray everyone is safe!

th_20.jpg
th_14-4.jpg
th_13-5.jpg

th_8-5.jpg
th_5-8.jpg
th_00-2.jpg

th_t11.jpg
th_resells023-1.jpg
th_resells013-1.jpg

th_resells008-1.jpg
th_15-2.jpg
th_14-3.jpg

th_l5.jpg
th_a12.jpg
th_6-5.jpg

th_3-6.jpg
th_Newest001.jpg
th_Newest016.jpg

th_Newest021.jpg

Candice

I honestly cannot even pick a favorite! I love all the huge appliques... do you do those with machine or are they hand appliques? And I love the Vida and Feliz - AMAZING! :wizard:

D~

D~

I can't believe you've only been sewing for such a short amount of time. Your stuff looks like you've been doing this for years. I stopped sewing for at least 20 years before I started up again 5 years ago. The reason I started sewing again is because we moved into a new house with no window treatments. When I found out how much it was going to cost to have them made, my MIL gave me her old machine which was from 1962 and I sewed most of the window treatments in the house. Once I was done doing all the windows, her old machine was shot. I got a brand new Brother 270D. It had a small 4x4 embroidery frame. As soon as I started using that, I was completely hooked on machine embroidery. Within 6 months, I upgraded to my beloved Ellageo! Now sewing and machine embroidery are my favorite pastimes. I wish I had re-discovered sewing when my two girls were little. I would have had so much fun making them dresses and outfits.

16-2.jpg

20.jpg

14-4.jpg

13-5.jpg

8-5.jpg

5-8.jpg

00-2.jpg

t11.jpg

resells023-1.jpg

resells013-1.jpg

resells008-1.jpg

15-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

l5.jpg

a12.jpg

6-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

Newest001.jpg

Newest016.jpg

Newest021.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my LOADS of pictures! I have plenty more to share but I will just leave you with the outfits and not the pictures of the kidos lol Although Nathan has grown so much since I have shared any pictures of him!

Candice
Hey Neighbor! We are in MD too! It has been horrible here! Yesterday was my 5th grade daughter's school pool party. It was so beastly hot that all the chaperones got in the pool and stood in the water to watch the kids!

I love all your new outfits but the Monsters Inc and the cows outfits are my favorites. Where did you find the cute cow fabric?

I honestly cannot even pick a favorite! I love all the huge appliques... do you do those with machine or are they hand appliques? And I love the Vida and Feliz - AMAZING! :wizard:

D~

Aww thank you :love: They are all machine done! I am not hand applique to save my life!

16-2.jpg

20.jpg

14-4.jpg

13-5.jpg

8-5.jpg

5-8.jpg

00-2.jpg

t11.jpg

resells023-1.jpg

resells013-1.jpg

resells008-1.jpg

15-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

l5.jpg

a12.jpg

6-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

Newest001.jpg

Newest016.jpg

Newest021.jpg

Candice

Wow!!! You have been busy. Great job on everything.

I can't believe you've only been sewing for such a short amount of time. Your stuff looks like you've been doing this for years. I stopped sewing for at least 20 years before I started up again 5 years ago. The reason I started sewing again is because we moved into a new house with no window treatments. When I found out how much it was going to cost to have them made, my MIL gave me her old machine which was from 1962 and I sewed most of the window treatments in the house. Once I was done doing all the windows, her old machine was shot. I got a brand new Brother 270D. It had a small 4x4 embroidery frame. As soon as I started using that, I was completely hooked on machine embroidery. Within 6 months, I upgraded to my beloved Ellageo! Now sewing and machine embroidery are my favorite pastimes. I wish I had re-discovered sewing when my two girls were little. I would have had so much fun making them dresses and outfits.

Thank you. :) I had to LOL - the reason I dug my machine out of the closet??? To make the curtains for my girls' rooms. LOL

I know I completely missed the boat sewing for my girls too - I so wish I could have made them some of these adorable baby outfits I've made. My only problem is the accessories - I used to manage a Gymboree store (back in the day when everything matched - Matchmatics, is what they called it) - so now I make these outfits, and I keep wanting to add on to them. DH said tonight that I need to hire a bunch of people to make my ideas, because I can't keep up with myself. LOL

D~

th_16-2.jpg

th_20.jpg

th_14-4.jpg

th_13-5.jpg

th_8-5.jpg

th_5-8.jpg

th_00-2.jpg

th_t11.jpg

th_resells023-1.jpg

th_resells013-1.jpg

th_resells008-1.jpg

!

Candice

WOW :love: I can't believe all your beautiful creations. I love them all but I really love the Ariel.:goodvibes

DH said tonight that I need to hire a bunch of people to make my ideas, because I can't keep up with myself. LOL

D~

:lmao: I totally need to clone myself so I can sew and my clone can do all the housework.

I posted this yesterday but I think it got lost in the amazing creations that have been posted.

Can anyone tell me where I can find an appliqué design of snow white holding an apple. It was posted a few months/weeks ago but I don't know if it was hand appliqué or digital.

Thanks for your help.

Did my first machine applique with the new machine it rocked so happy.

/Need to get a new pair of curved scissors before I do anything else because I can't find mine.

Love all the stuff that has been posted.

YES! I can not believe our weather! What the heck is going on it isnt even summer yet! Hardly this hot in Aug. but it has been this way since MAY! My daughter had a field trip yesterday and they had to cancel it because of the heat.

The cow fabric came from :wizard: ThE bay :) I LOVE IT! I have a thing for cows lol

I few days ago on another site I saw an outfit posted of a Peter Pan skirt and top. The skirt was appliqued with Heather Sues Tink silhouette and pirate ship silhouette, the top had the peter pan/wendy/john/michael with the moon silhouette. On the skirt there was also two more appliques, one said "Off to Neverland, Here we Go!" and the other said "All you need is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust"... has anyone seen these text designs anywhere? I want them!

Thanks to the ladies on this board and the suggestion of the Simply Sweet pattern, I made my dd's gown for breakfast at the castle. I let her choose the fabric. She's wearing a pettiskirt underneath to add fullness. The skirt is has 2 layers - satin on the bottom then a tulle overlay with a swirly glitter pattern on it. The glitter got on everything. Simply everything. And we were all weaing sunscreen so it stuck to all of us and wouldn't wipe off. Everyone kept mentioning our pixie dust so it ended up adding to the Disney magic - although ds was less than thrilled to be covered in glitter.
The top of the dress is crying out for something but I don't embroider (yet)
Thanks for inspiring me and helping to add to the magic of our first family trip to Disney!

th_Cindy3.jpg

That is a beautiful dress - "pixie dust" and all. Thanks for sharing!

Hi! I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for the great advice!! I'm not sure how to do multi-quotes yet, but I wanted to let anyone BRAND new to sewing know (there were a couple of you back there I think...) that I just picked up Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew One Project at a Time. It's INCREDIBLE. Very easy to follow and actually has you using the machine, even before you know what every little thing does. It's great, and really kept me from being overwhelmed.

Between my manual and that book, I figured out how to thread my machine and run it! :cloud9: I'm doing a stitch sampler now. It's so pretty, I think I'm gonna finish it and frame it as a testament to the Big Accomplishment! hahaha. I have to admit--I had some ugly run-ins after practicing changing the throat plates when I selected an embroidery stitch without realizing it and there wasn't a hole in the plate for the needle... THESE are the things I'm talking about, Mom, when you say sewing is simple!!! Thankfully nothing too serious happened, but I definitely thought I ruined my machine forever.

I bought my fabric for the pillowcase and washed it today! Picking out fabric is THE BEST! I love the prints I picked! I asked the girl at the counter if I'd need double the recommendation because it looked like the fabric was less wide than I thought it should be... (because it was folded over!!!) Just a little more practice before I cut into my good stuff for the pillow, I'll post a pic when I'm done.

One further question--my grandmother has a stockpile of fabric, and she's offered me to pick through and take what I want. I'm SO grateful, but her house has... well, a distinct odor. It is overwhelming enough that we couldn't have the stuff in the house. Even when we wash her clothes for her the smell doesn't come all the way out. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with any alternative detergent products that might be extra good at removing odors?

THANKS SO MUCH!!! You guys are so inspirational. It really makes me realize how incredible my mom was all of those years ago making those Halloween costumes from scratch.

Good luck with your sewing adventures. I am sure you will be sewing up a storm in no time!

Interesting that they asked you if it was ok to ride with a male. It reminded me of taking an overnight sleeping train from Paris to Nice. There were six bunks, three stacked on each side. Imagine my surprise when one of my fellow passengers was a man!

Yikes! I would be shocked too!

Lauren has developed this fascination with Darth Vader. She thinks he is so funny. I got the design to make a father's day gift for Dh but Lauren asked for a pink Vader.....
th_VADER5.jpg

That's a cute Darth Vader!

th_Newest016.jpg
th_Newest021.jpg

Candice

I really like everything you made, but I have to say I like the Monsters set the most!

Okay ... so I'd never made a tutu before, but I'd heard they were easy to make and lots of fun ... so when Amber needed a "rocker tutu" for Savannah for a photo shoot for the hospital next week, I talked to my cousin that makes tutus and decided I could give it a shot :)

I read lots of tutorials and then I headed to RYCO up in Lincoln, RI for fabulous supplies at a great price :thumbsup2 It's pretty much "Tutu Makers Heaven" in that place ... 22+ colors of tulle on rolls starting at 6" ... ribbon after ribbon ... elastic ... you name it, if RYCO makes it, it's there and inexpensive!

And the longest part of the process? CUTTING and STACKING the tulle ... the actual process of putting the tutu together is super quick ... it's the "prep work" that took a while (and of course, Savannah's BOYFRIEND - DS2 - wanted to "help" :rotfl: ) ...

He was nice enough to model for me when I was halfway through ... :lmao:
IMG_0600.jpg

Here it is halfway done (this was after Finn tried it on and after I'd added the ribbons):
IMG_0602.jpg

I decided it wasn't "poofy" enough and that I didn't like how the waistband looked with the tulle & ribbons all showing together, so I added a second layer - more POOF and it hid all the "mess" :rotfl:
IMG_0604.jpg

So, there you have it! My first ever tutu ... and I LOVED making it!!! SO much fun!!! It helped curb the need to make "girly things" when I have two boys to sew for too :rotfl2:
I shipped it off this morning ... hopefully it will arrive by Saturday (the photoshoot is on Wednesday and in the box were two RockStar rhinestone iron-ons so Amber can make the girls shirts to wear with their tutus (her older daughter has a "Fancy Nancy" tutu) ...

16-2.jpg

20.jpg

14-4.jpg

13-5.jpg

8-5.jpg

5-8.jpg

00-2.jpg

t11.jpg

resells023-1.jpg

resells013-1.jpg

resells008-1.jpg

15-2.jpg

14-3.jpg

l5.jpg

a12.jpg

6-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

Newest001.jpg

Newest016.jpg

Newest021.jpg

Candice

I love all of your work!! The first ariel outfit is adorable!! I love how ruffly the skirt is!!

Okay ... so I'd never made a tutu before, but I'd heard they were easy to make and lots of fun ... so when Amber needed a "rocker tutu" for Savannah for a photo shoot for the hospital next week, I talked to my cousin that makes tutus and decided I could give it a shot :)

He was nice enough to model for me when I was halfway through ... :lmao:
IMG_0600.jpg

So, there you have it! My first ever tutu ... and I LOVED making it!!! SO much fun!!! It helped curb the need to make "girly things" when I have two boys to sew for too :rotfl2:
I shipped it off this morning ... hopefully it will arrive by Saturday (the photoshoot is on Wednesday and in the box were two RockStar rhinestone iron-ons so Amber can make the girls shirts to wear with their tutus (her older daughter has a "Fancy Nancy" tutu) ...

:lmao: LOVE IT. For your 1st Tutu it came out great. I have never even attempted at one but yours looks awesome and the sad part I didn't even realize RYCOs had all that tulle in there.:rolleyes:

I few days ago on another site I saw an outfit posted of a Peter Pan skirt and top. The skirt was appliqued with Heather Sues Tink silhouette and pirate ship silhouette, the top had the peter pan/wendy/john/michael with the moon silhouette. On the skirt there was also two more appliques, one said "Off to Neverland, Here we Go!" and the other said "All you need is faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust"... has anyone seen these text designs anywhere? I want them!

The ALL you need is Faith is from Digital by Design. She is on FB

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/DigitalByDesign/254830756187?sk=app_135607783795

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter