Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a Gymbo coupon code they aren't going to use? DD wants to order some summer clothes for DGD7 & DGD5 for our big family vacation next month. We think it's going to be a HOT trip! TIA

Popping in with some photos of what I made for my best friend's trip to Disneyworld next month. She had massive heart surgery and was away from her kids in ICU for a month, and is finally healthy. She promised her kids that when she got healthy that they would go to Disney. This has been a long road and I wanted to make a few things to make their trip extra special.

These are for the mom...family minnie head (Heather's) tank, medium rosetta bag, and a tank with heather's princess motif.
th_IMAG0437.jpg

For the dad, he gets a family mickey head tee. He didn't want anything else, but I had comic strip mickey fabric, and found this easy toiletry bag pattern and did his monogram in disney font on the side, it's hard to see...doesn't show up the best. Oops!
th_IMAG0440.jpg

Their oldest child was a former student in my kindergarten classroom. He's now going into 6th grade! He also gets the family mickey head tee, then a few star wars disney tees (digitalbydesign)
th_IMAG0436.jpg

The oldest girl is going into 4th grade, she gets the family minnie head tank, then heather's disney girl on a tee with a matching twirl skirt, and a halter simply sweet with a belle twist (Kira's belle)
th_IMAG0438.jpg

And finally for the youngest, she's entering kindergarten, and has the same as her big sis, except a rapunzel halter SS dress.
th_IMAG0441.jpg

This was so much fun for me, and I just can't wait to see them in all of the clothes. I shipped it last week and heard that the box came to them today, they are waiting for their dad to come home to open it! :woohoo:
How sweet of you to make so many things for your friend's family. I really love the outfits for the girls and the star wars t-shirts. I'm sure they will be so excited when they open everything.

I just bought instructions for the rosetta bag a couple of weeks ago. I have a bunch of other projects in line before I start on it but I am looking forward to trying it out.

Today I finished two shirts for a customer and another romper for dd's teacher. This same teacher had my older daughter last year and was WONDERFUL to her. Gave her lots of extra time and attention which helped her move ahead to an advanced math class. My older daughter's favorite animal is the flamingo, so I made a flamingo romper for the teacher's baby. Here are a few pictures:

th_P6060218.jpg

th_P6060219.jpg

Here is the reverse side:
th_P6060220.jpg

th_P6060221.jpg

Then I found the cute little socks that match the material when I was at Joanns this morning buying what I needed for the new BG. The BG items are next on my to do list.
That little romper is so cute. Good find on the socks too!

I'm all caught up, my house is almost clean, my DH is out of town for business so I think I'm ready to get some sewing done.

Popping in with some photos of what I made for my best friend's trip to Disneyworld next month. She had massive heart surgery and was away from her kids in ICU for a month, and is finally healthy. She promised her kids that when she got healthy that they would go to Disney. This has been a long road and I wanted to make a few things to make their trip extra special.

These are for the mom...family minnie head (Heather's) tank, medium rosetta bag, and a tank with heather's princess motif.
IMAG0437.jpg

For the dad, he gets a family mickey head tee. He didn't want anything else, but I had comic strip mickey fabric, and found this easy toiletry bag pattern and did his monogram in disney font on the side, it's hard to see...doesn't show up the best. Oops!
IMAG0440.jpg

Their oldest child was a former student in my kindergarten classroom. He's now going into 6th grade! He also gets the family mickey head tee, then a few star wars disney tees (digitalbydesign)
IMAG0436.jpg

The oldest girl is going into 4th grade, she gets the family minnie head tank, then heather's disney girl on a tee with a matching twirl skirt, and a halter simply sweet with a belle twist (Kira's belle)
IMAG0438.jpg

And finally for the youngest, she's entering kindergarten, and has the same as her big sis, except a rapunzel halter SS dress.
IMAG0441.jpg

This was so much fun for me, and I just can't wait to see them in all of the clothes. I shipped it last week and heard that the box came to them today, they are waiting for their dad to come home to open it! :woohoo:

Lovely creations!! The SS dresses and Rosetta bag are my favorites!! Carla C is so much fun to sew with!

Yes, two days in a row - I am quoting myself... Stay tuned for an apology...

Well, I confess, one of my biggest pet peeves is the improper use of "there, their, they're" and "to, too, two"... so I went and did it myself.

No, I am not an English teacher. And I would never think to correct anyone on it... but whenever I see it the wrong way, mentally, I correct it. I don't know why, I just do. :scared1:

So, I apologize to anyone else out there, who might be just like me, reading this and seeing that I spelled "there" instead of "their"... consider this me correcting mysef. :lovestruc :lovestruc

Back to your regularily scheduled programming. :rotfl2:

D~ (thanks for being so accepting of my, somtimes, strange ways) :love:

You're too funny, I get on my DH about using those wrong all the time and I'm certainly no English major either :laughing: BTW, my Facebook is Angie Jump Butler if you care to add me to your list. I too enjoy having the boutiquers on my FB friends so I can see all their cool stuff! ;)

I just bought instructions for the rosetta bag a couple of weeks ago. I have a bunch of other projects in line before I start on it but I am looking forward to trying it out.

Today I finished two shirts for a customer and another romper for dd's teacher. This same teacher had my older daughter last year and was WONDERFUL to her. Gave her lots of extra time and attention which helped her move ahead to an advanced math class. My older daughter's favorite animal is the flamingo, so I made a flamingo romper for the teacher's baby. Here are a few pictures:

P6060218.jpg

P6060219.jpg

P6060220.jpg

P6060221.jpg

Then I found the cute little socks that match the material when I was at Joanns this morning buying what I needed for the new BG. The BG items are next on my to do list.

ADORABLE romper!! I'm sure the teacher will LOVE IT! In my personal opinion, there's just nothing as special as a hand made gift. How cool you found baby booties that are such a close match to your theme too, neat!

Hello everyone! I'm sorta kinda new to the boards, I've seen little disboutiquers icons in sigs a lot. I'm so excited that I finally discovered who you guys are. I would love to take part, I love creating costumes and such. Unfortunately I'm saving up for a cruise as well as my own sewing machine, I probably won't get a hold of one until I get into the costume shop. But I would still love to participate in anyway I can.

Hello everyone! I'm sorta kinda new to the boards, I've seen little disboutiquers icons in sigs a lot. I'm so excited that I finally discovered who you guys are. I would love to take part, I love creating costumes and such. Unfortunately I'm saving up for a cruise as well as my own sewing machine, I probably won't get a hold of one until I get into the costume shop. But I would still love to participate in anyway I can.
Welcome!! There are lots of us that are new to this board. Great to have you join us! :thumbsup2

th_P6060218.jpg

th_P6060219.jpg

th_P6060220.jpg

These are darling!

th_IMAG0441.jpg

these are all amazing! That is so sweet of you. I think the bag is my favorite.

So much great stuff, everyone!

I have (another) question. :flower3: I'm almost finished with the items I'm doing for the new BG's, and am ready to make customs for our trip. :banana: Problem is, I've never been in mid October. Should I plan on dresses/shorts for the day and pants for night?

I have (another) question. :flower3: I'm almost finished with the items I'm doing for the new BG's, and am ready to make customs for our trip. :banana: Problem is, I've never been in mid October. Should I plan on dresses/shorts for the day and pants for night?

That sounds about right to me.

We've been twice in October (never been at another time) and both times we had very hot days and one day it was very cold (sweatshirt/pants day)... most days were mild with capris and tshirts. I think our one very cold day was not the norm for that time of year - and we certainly were not prepared... but I would have those things with just in case you need them once. Honestly, it's a very nice time of the year to go. :wizard: I think your plan for mostly dresses and shorts is a good one... maybe sneak in a pair of easy fit capris or something if you can???

Welcome!!! :lovestruc It's nice to see so many new faces lately. :)

D~

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0436.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0441.jpg

Aww - that was super sweet of you - it will definately make their trip more special!!!

I just wanted to say :welcome: to all the new faces :wave: I think :disrocks: for bringing all of these fabulous people into my life ...

I'm still pretty new here myself and I can honestly say if it wasn't for this wonderful group, I'd still be wishing I could make the stuff I've been making lately :rolleyes1 This is a fantastic group of supportive people!!!!! :love:

Question:

Can someone point me towards a tutorial for adding a couple of rows of patchwork or something to the bottom of a jean skirt??? Pretty please???

Greetings from WDW! DH got a rare weekend off and requested a short stay at the Beach Club. Who was I to say no?! lol

Rebecca asked for something Toy Story, and I managed to get this done at the last minute. She can wear it on the cruise too. It's a Simply Sweet with a tiers skirt to make it twirl well. We recieved tons of compliments yesterday, even from other kids who kept shouting "it's Jessie!". I love th SS pattern, this went together in just over 2, uninterrupted because everyone was asleep, hours.
th_3343fc21.jpg

You did a great job with that dress. It looks like Rebecca liked it too!

I actually have something to share. This is a quick shirt I made DD for International Day she wanted something blue and saw this in my stash. It is pre-shirred so I just needed to sew a straight seam and add the ribbon.

th_102_1141.jpg

Here are the 2 machines on the table we made. The table sits on 2 expedit shelves from IKEA I am going to put some of my fabric and projects in progress on the bookshelf and todays project is to clean the wall.There were bookcases across there for years.

th_102_1142.jpg

Cute top! I look forward to seeing your creations with the help of your new machine!

Thought I would share the one thing I have managed to sew in the last few months. Its from the Girl's World book and it turned out so cute! DD loves it and I would definitely make it again. The picture really doesn't do it justice.

th_IMG_2210.jpg

This is truly lovely!

Just finished up this Steps dress. These are some of the most involved designs I've digitized, but I am really pleased with how they turned out! Other than that the dress went together easy peasy - gotta love the simply sweet!

th_DSCN0416.jpg

Great job with the dress! Your applique designs are amazing!

Hi-- if I'm posting in the wrong place please let me know, I'm pretty new to DIS and brand new to sewing...

Yesterday when I was with my grandma, I mentioned to her that I wanted to learn how to sew for the Big Gives--peeked around her closets-full-of-stuff and found a Singer 9900 that she told me to just take home. (She hasn't really been with-it enough to sew in years.) So I did take it home... Aghh I'm pretty excited, but COMPLETELY overwhelmed. Let me explain my level--I figured out how to plug it in and turn it on, so I know it still works. I do not yet know how to thread the needle on the machine. (I know... I should read the manual, ha.)

My mom has sent me a few links to beginner's projects (pillowcases, bags, iphone covers, kitchen dishtowels, etc.), but she's sent me so much that I'm pretty lost. Can anyone make a really like, concrete recommendation of what I should do first, and tell me exactly what Youtube videos to watch first? I am literally going to Michael's in an hour, and I want to pick something up that I can work on during the week. What essentials do I absolutely need, besides pins, thread, a rotary cutter (I have a self-healing mat big enough for small projects), and some scraps of fabric to practice on and make a small project with?

Sorry to be so clueless!!! I've tried this before when I was in high school around my mom's machines, but she was just so enthusiastic and gave me SO MUCH INFO that I was totally overwhelmed and gave up, thinking I'd never get it right. (She's a REALLY great sewer.)

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!!!

I just want to say welcome. I would say a rotary cutter is probably not something you need right away. A good pair of fabric scissors, however, would be helpful. A pencil or fabric marker would be good too.

Thought I'd share my first attempt at converting a pair of jeans with irreparable holes in the legs into something cute - DD2's Memorial Day parade outfit, inspired by the super-cute Minnie tee from Old Navy. Ignore the scraped-up face, DD had yet another mishap trying to keep up with her big brother & sister over the holiday weekend.

2557024080051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

Very cute outfit. I like to see how people manage to extend the life of clothes by sewing.

This is what I made this weekend

th_IMG_3033.jpg

I will trim the ribbon later. Still have to top stitch, but I know some people were wanting a Rapunzel Dress. Sorry about Pippi in the photo-I think she wanted to play with the ribbon.

This looks beautiful. I think Pippi approves the dress too!

th_IMAG0437.jpg

th_IMAG0440.jpg

th_IMAG0436.jpg

th_IMAG0438.jpg

th_IMAG0441.jpg

This was so much fun for me, and I just can't wait to see them in all of the clothes. I shipped it last week and heard that the box came to them today, they are waiting for their dad to come home to open it!

That's amazing that you did all those things for this family. I am sure they will be even more excited about the trip with these new outfits.

th_P6060218.jpg
th_P6060219.jpg

th_P6060220.jpg
th_P6060221.jpg

Very cute romper. I like your fabric choices and the appliques!

I just want to say welcome. I hope you will be able to get a sewing machine soon and join the fun.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

[/IMG]www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=209299785774996&set=a.139229446115364.19803.114570338581275&type=1&theate[/IMG]

Ok my images aren't working. This is why I never have uploaded much! LOL

I have been running a bowtique for several years. lately my requests for Disney Customs have been out of this world. I am currently working on Snow White twirl skirt, a Belle twirl skirt, 2 more Minnie Petti tanks, and 22 custom outfits for our trip!

I can't believe how popular Disney customs are getting! just thought i'd share. I have been on here before, but I have never been able to break through to a regular :) thanks for all the inspiration

Way TMTQ, but I just had to comment on a couple things!

IMAG0437.jpg

What a lovely thing to do for the family. I especially love the tank - Disney but still adult and just adorable.

P6060218.jpg

My girls love "mingos" (as DD2 calls them) too. That outfit is just precious!

Not Disney related but I just know y'all will understand my excitement over this... My mother & I are in the process of clearing out about 50 years' worth of clutter from my grandmother's house, and I came home today with all of this:

2836410980051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

2000775230051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

This is what I picked out from the first 2 of 12 boxes of assorted fabrics my grandmother stockpiled over the years, intending to sew more when she retired. Sadly she had a stroke a couple years after she retired and lost the ability to sew. :sad1: I'm sure she'd be happy if she could see me now, using up her stash to make my girls' summer clothes! And the fabrics are so nice, mostly cotton and flannel, mostly 1 and 2 yard lengths, and softer than anything I've ever found at Joanns. Some even still have tags. Can you imagine paying this for fabric? I'd have a dozen boxes too!

2213197800051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

So I have 10 more boxes' worth of treasure hunting awaiting me this weekend, and I wasn't even back home when my mom was calling my cell to tell me that the "mystery dresser" that we'd unearthed in the basement was full of fabric too!

Your bows are amazing. I really like the red, white and blue one.
Those bows are adorable! The outfits and girls in them are adorable as well!! You are sooo talented!!
Thanks so much!

IMAG0437.jpg
This story touches my heart! What a wonderful thing you have done for this family! Everything looks fabulous, but I have to say that the Rosetta bag really stands out! I LOVE it!

P6060218.jpg
Awwww That romper is so cute! I adore both sides of it, and the socks are a sweet added touch!

Way TMTQ, but I just had to comment on a couple things!

What a lovely thing to do for the family. I especially love the tank - Disney but still adult and just adorable.

My girls love "mingos" (as DD2 calls them) too. That outfit is just precious!

Not Disney related but I just know y'all will understand my excitement over this... My mother & I are in the process of clearing out about 50 years' worth of clutter from my grandmother's house, and I came home today with all of this:

This is what I picked out from the first 2 of 12 boxes of assorted fabrics my grandmother stockpiled over the years, intending to sew more when she retired. Sadly she had a stroke a couple years after she retired and lost the ability to sew. :sad1: I'm sure she'd be happy if she could see me now, using up her stash to make my girls' summer clothes! And the fabrics are so nice, mostly cotton and flannel, mostly 1 and 2 yard lengths, and softer than anything I've ever found at Joanns. Some even still have tags. Can you imagine paying this for fabric? I'd have a dozen boxes too!

So I have 10 more boxes' worth of treasure hunting awaiting me this weekend, and I wasn't even back home when my mom was calling my cell to tell me that the "mystery dresser" that we'd unearthed in the basement was full of fabric too!
Wow what a treasure! You must be in your glory!

Here is what I finished up today. A new set for my "Cars" lovin' little lady to wear when we see the new movie! She was so upset with me today for not having it finished before her bedtime! She is going to be thrilled when she wakes up! :goodvibes

She will be able to wear the skirt two different ways.

Here is the first way...
020.jpg

And here is the surprise second way... I have a feeling it will mostly be worn like this. :)
022-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Jeana

Thanks so much!

This story touches my heart! What a wonderful thing you have done for this family! Everything looks fabulous, but I have to say that the Rosetta bag really stands out! I LOVE it!

Awwww That romper is so cute! I adore both sides of it, and the socks are a sweet added touch!

Wow what a treasure! You must be in your glory!

Here is what I finished up today. A new set for my "Cars" lovin' little lady to wear when we see the new movie! She was so upset with me today for not having it finished before her bedtime! She is going to be thrilled when she wakes up! :goodvibes

Here is the first way...
020.jpg

And here is the surprise second way... I have a feeling it will mostly be worn like this. :)
022-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Jeana

love it! where did you get the polka dotted tank?

Facebook folks ~ I really don't facebook so please keep posting your creations here. I've heard of too many problems with FB accounts being hacked -- my sister even got a nice virus from one of her friends accounts that got hacked.
Yes, two days in a row - I am quoting myself... Stay tuned for an apology...

Well, I confess, one of my biggest pet peeves is the improper use of "there, their, they're" and "to, too, two"... so I went and did it myself.

No, I am not an English teacher. And I would never think to correct anyone on it... but whenever I see it the wrong way, mentally, I correct it. I don't know why, I just do. :scared1:

So, I apologize to anyone else out there, who might be just like me, reading this and seeing that I spelled "there" instead of "their"... consider this me correcting mysef. :lovestruc :lovestruc

Back to your regularily scheduled programming. :rotfl2:

D~ (thanks for being so accepting of my, somtimes, strange ways) :love:

D~ I did notice your "there" but I type so fast sometimes that I'm sure I make plenty of oopsies as well. What kills me more than their/they're/there is people who start sentences with me. It's become commonplace among children. My children go to a smaller private school and even some of their classmates will say "me and my friend went to the fabric store." It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I always tell my children NEVER start a sentence with me. It would be like saying "me went to the fabric store." I've even heard newscasters start sentences with me so I think it's a losing battle and will just be an accepted norm. If my grade school English teacher is still alive he's having a heart attack -- if he already dided from the heart attack, he's rolling in his grave!

th_IMAG0437.jpg

th_IMAG0440.jpg

th_IMAG0436.jpg

th_IMAG0438.jpg

th_IMAG0441.jpg

You are a fabulous best friend! This was so thoughtful of you to do. I can't imagine being away from young childrenfor so long. I hope your friend is fully recovered and has a wonderful trip. The stripwork skirts are by far my favorite -- I can picture the girls twirling in them right now!

th_P6060218.jpg
th_P6060219.jpg

th_P6060220.jpg
th_P6060221.jpg

I adore the romper! I love the flamingo and the colors are awesome. And the flip flop applique is adorable as well. What a great gift!

Welcome!

I would think October would still be pretty hot. We went in early December and wore shorts more often than not and even went swimming a couple of days (could have swam all days except one that was too cold). I would pack in layers, but plan on mainly shorts.

OMG! I can't wait to see what you find next! Any fabric hoarder would love to have that collection! And I would like to inform that our Walmart has some fabrics on clearance for $1 yard -- not quite your grandmother's everyday price though!

Here is the first way...
th_020.jpg

th_022-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Jeana
Adorable! And I love the polka dot tank as well!

Lucky you! I am sure that your grandmother would be very happy to know that her fabric was being put to good use. I was young when my grandmother died but she had a similar stash of fabric. I can remember her talking about going to someplace in NYC in the garment district to buy fabric for 10 cents and 25 cents a yard. She used to make me and my sister and my cousin lots of dresses. I am sure that your grandmother would be very happy to have a granddaughter who loved to sew, just like she did. I can't wait to see what you find in her other boxes and in the mystery dresser!

Here is the first way...
020.jpg

022-1.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Jeana

That is so cute! I love the little secret surprise way to wear the skirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter