Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really sweet of you. My DH deployed 2 weeks after we found out I was pregnant with our first together. Getting ready for Jason's arrival is what kept me sane. I hope the time goes quickly and uneventfully for them both.

"Evervesent"_ I just had to reply that my DH deployed about a week or so after we found out I was pregnant, too AND his name is Jason!!;) I thought that was too much to not say something!

To "Granna" Hope the deployment goes by quickly. The first couple of months are always the hardest for me. Please thank them BOTH for their service!

254398_10150200150241188_623451187_7256182_2810456_n.jpg
Very cute!

th_quadrant027.jpg

My husband made the twin bookcases. This is my inspiration . . .:love:

th_quadrant039.jpg
Oh, to have your quadrent...:cloud9:

These are sooo cute! And that model!!! What a doll!

Thank you so much! Just to clarify I have made a few outfits before this, but my machine and I always seemed to fight. :headache: In case you were wondering the machine usually won and my outfits ended up in the trash! I gave up sewing for a while then recently got a new machine and picked it back up. Not sure if it was the new machine or my brain, but something just clicked! LOL!
As for being a photog.... not really. I'm kinda just a wannabe. Thanks for the compliment on my photos though! :goodvibes The WM was actually because I took the pics for my etsy shop.

Jeana

Aw! Thanks!!! He swings from super sweet to super rotten like the pendulum of a clock :lmao: I'm lucky he was willing to cooperate for these pictures:cool1:

I love the easy fits, you did a super job! but really I wanna just hug that sweetie. How cute is he? :love:

Thanks!!!! His love for the pants made my day worth all the work :lovestruc Now I need to go buy more elastic!

I think everything is really cute! I wish my daughters were young enough to wear a cute dress like that!

Took both of my dd's out for high tea yesterday. It was what the younger one wanted to do for her birthday. It was lots of fun! They had a strolling violinist who came to the table and played for us and chatted. He was a nice older guy. He told us about how he'd been in the Marine Corp band for 40 years and he played for 6 presidents. He got teary eyed when talking to the kids about his childhood and sticking with your passion. It was just wonderful! Especially since we just gave younger dd a cello for her birthday!

:goodvibes Thanks. Luckily DD8 still loves everything girlie.

What a special way to spend you DDs bday.

Love the outfits! Steamboat Willie is a big hit at our house.

Thanks. He's a big hit too since DD5 has played Epic Mickey.

The clothes are grand, but I really like the Mickey swirls on your pillowcases!!!

:rotfl: Thanks. The swirls were the first thing I did when I got my PE770

As Dorine pointed out that happend to me too after Clarks & Coats and I had purchased my at Joannes. But I had a birds nest of thread that needed to be removed after taking out the bobbin case. I use Gutterman and have not had a problem (knocking on wood just in case:rolleyes1)

I have a question for everyone.

What kind of table do you have your machines on.

I had a dining room table but it kept opening where the leaf goes so I got rid of it.

I have a folding table and am wondering if that is sturdy enough or if a desk would be better.

I do have a desk I am sort of not using that I could move though it is my daughters art Station and has my cricut on it. LOL

I want the table to hold my sewing machine and embroidery machine full time.

I have my serger and heatpress on my shelving units but will be moving my heat press to an old endtable that is collecting junk in my basement.

I use my office desk and have to constantly switch them out depending on what I am doing.

Cute tank top.

Fabulous as well! And I adore that the boys' t's match!

And I forgot who got the great deal on fabrics at Hancock's, but ours had no cotton's on sale -- just the regular ones at 40% off. I did get some soccer print flannel at Wally's for $1 yd though (future easy fit pj bottoms for ds).

:goodvibes Thanks.
And oh how I wish I had a Hancock or Hobby Lobby around here.

This is a pic from our last vacation right before our breakfast at the castle. Making these dresses is when the whole sewing thing really clicked in my head and became more enjoyable than a headache! :idea: I used this tutorial http://makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/cinderella-dress-halloween-costume.html and it was fabulous!
th_010-3.jpg

Dresses I made for my cousins girls for their upcoming Disney World Trip
th_minniedressdis.jpg

Welcome and what beautiful dresses you made.

I love those. I didn't even notice it and I don't think anyone will once they are on the windows.

I did it! I did it! I made a pair of Easy Fits!!!! :cool1:

He's quite proud of his new pants, can you tell?
249411_10150200150181188_623451187_7256179_6399463_n.jpg

What a cutie. They came out great.

WOW look at all the room that you have. I love how you decorated with all the Disney bags.:goodvibes
But I especially love your cricut:lmao: Your's is the energy saver kind!

Hi Everyone!!

NEW BIG GIVE!!!!

Photo0159.jpg

Please come and help our beautiful Bridgie!!! She is finishing chemo and radiation and has been very brave throughout her illness!! Now its time to CELEBRATE!!!

Mom is mysevendwarfs here on the DIS - can you guess how many kiddos she has??? She has been a member here on the DIS for many years, just changing her name over time as new additions were added to the family:goodvibes

We need princessy dresses for CRT! Baby Stuff for little sister!!! Lots of fun things to sew including something Patriotic Mickey for the 4th of July!! They have decided to drive instead of fly since Bridget cant handle pressure very well!!!

Ship Date will be June 15th!!!!

I'd LOVE IT if you could come and help this super sweet family out!!! The family motto is "Every Day with Joy"!!!!!If you arent a member of the Big Give, just click on the link in my siggie and come on over!! We'd LOVE to have you!!!!:lovestruc

I have a question for everyone.

What kind of table do you have your machines on.

I went to IKEA and built a desk. For about $60 maybe less. I got an 8 foot long table that is about 2 feet wide. You can get different type legs. I just went with the plain ones. It works perfect for me. I have my embroidery machine on one side and my sewing machine on the other. There is also plenty of room in between to work with. This works perfect for me because I didn't want something as wide as a table. Another idea: A friend went to a habitat restore and bought an old cabinet and painted it. She bought a countertop and attached to the cabinet. It is in the middle. She had to put table legs on each side. The machines are on each side with storage in between.

THanks for all the sewing table info everyone.

DH is going to look at Home depot for me tomorrow. I have 2 small 4 x 4 expedit shelves from IKEA I want to put something on. So he is going to see if he can find either some melamine or a door that would work.

Question....

Oh boy you all are if for it! I'm new here and I'm already diving in with the questions. :rolleyes1

So here goes, I mentioned that I recently got a new sewing machine which I LOVE! It is also an embroidery machine which came with a 4x4 and a 6x10 hoop size. I purposely got this machine due to the larger hoop, but now I am finding that I really wish I had something in between the two. (5x7) My question is how do I go about finding the best way to embroider a child's size T-shirt with the 6x10 hoop.... The 4x4 is just waaaay too small. The 6x10 can be a bit tricky since it is so big and the shirt is quite small. :confused:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeana

Question....

Oh boy you all are if for it! I'm new here and I'm already diving in with the questions. :rolleyes1

So here goes, I mentioned that I recently got a new sewing machine which I LOVE! It is also an embroidery machine which came with a 4x4 and a 6x10 hoop size. I purposely got this machine due to the larger hoop, but now I am finding that I really wish I had something in between the two. (5x7) My question is how do I go about finding the best way to embroider a child's size T-shirt with the 6x10 hoop.... The 4x4 is just waaaay too small. The 6x10 can be a bit tricky since it is so big and the shirt is quite small. :confused:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeana

Well first can you get a 5x7? You will save a lot of stablilizer. I know a lot of people hoop their stuff, but I rarely do. I just turn mine inside out and use the 505 spray. There is a blog I follow that does some really good tutorials with pictures if you are interested.

Well first can you get a 5x7? You will save a lot of stablilizer. I know a lot of people hoop their stuff, but I rarely do. I just turn mine inside out and use the 505 spray. There is a blog I follow that does some really good tutorials with pictures if you are interested.

Thanks so much for your response. As of right now my machine does not offer the 5x7 hoop. :sad2: It's a Husqvarna viking h class 600e. When I took my owners class I had asked if there were any plans to offer different hoops and I was told yes, but it would be a mega hoop. So sad. LOL! I thought I would love having the 6x10, lately not so much.
I would be eternally grateful if you would share the blog with me!:goodvibes

Jeana

Hi! I know it has been asked before, but I cannot get the search function to be my friend and work. Anyone have a link to a free bucket hat pattern? I have never made one and before I spend the money for a pattern I was going to see if someone could point me in the direction of a good pattern/tutorial. Thanks so much :)

Hi! I know it has been asked before, but I cannot get the search function to be my friend and work. Anyone have a link to a free bucket hat pattern? I have never made one and before I spend the money for a pattern I was going to see if someone could point me in the direction of a good pattern/tutorial. Thanks so much :)

I found a few by searching for sun hat tutorial on the craftgossip blog.

Hopefully this link will bring you to the right place:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/?s=sun+hat

There are a few cute ones if you scroll down.

McCalls Patterns Co. has a free bucket hat pattern. I hope you can open this link.
http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/filebin/images/free_downloads/McCalls/PDF/babyhats.pdf

Take care,
Marianne

Okay, I don't want to hijack the thread - so please PM me if you can help. I will be having my second child in January. With my first I just disposables, and she should be well out of them by then. My husband isn't really to excited about cloth diapering, but I thought maybe we could give it a try. And since I can sew - why not! Should save lots o' money!

But as you know there is a ton of info out there. But since I have you ladies I thought I would see what you know.

Should I start with Prefolds and a cover and then go to A-in-1 (or pocket) (using the prefolds as stuffers)?

How many do you recommend?

Is it really gross to clean them? Do they leak more than disposables?

And what are some good patterns out there? I probably won't buy a snap press, but could do pliers.

Thanks!

Jessica

I do prefolds & covers when we're home (I work full-time). For over nights I use BumGenius one size pockets so I don't have to work as hard to get a diaper on in the middle of the night, plus they stay dry longer for ds than prefolds.
I have probably 15 or so prefolds & maybe 10 pockets. I haven't made any yet, but I have one cut out. I'm planning to use aplix instead of snaps for most of mine. They're easier to use & so far I've never had trouble with one of my kids trying to take their diapers off all the time.

We have VERY few leaks & they're usually when he's slept completely through the night. I use a dry bucket too & I just dump the while thing straight in the washer so it's not bad at all. I do a hot rinse & then a warm wash cycle. Sometimes I'll do another rinse after the wash if they still smell a little off. I have flushable liners that I put in them now that he's eating solids & that really helps with dirties.

Hi all! Remember me? Hi to all the new friends we have! I have been gone because to say life has been hectic is an understatement.

I did want to update those who have been around for a while. Last I was on, hospice had been called in for my FIL...DH had traveled to OH to visit and things were at the least, grim. Well...GOOD NEWS! Yesterday he was released from Hospice and it looks like he may be going back on the lung transplant list. He has agreed to allow his wife to call 911 if he has another attack, but he still will not agree to be intubated again. He has to have a few more test done in Cleveland next week and then hopefully he will be back on the list. He is up and walking and all. He says that when we arrive in OH week after next he wants to out to dinner with us to get out for a little. The kids are so excited!

My Grandmother that fell and fractured her pelvis is back home as of Tuesday and doing well. We told her no more standing on chairs! She did however cook my father an entire dinner last night with cake for dessert! She will not be put down....gosh I hope I am that way at 85!

I hope to get a little sewing done this next week before the kids get out of school. Great stuff you all of done...as always!

good news on your FIL.

DH went to home depot and found me a piece of melamine to use as a table top on my expedit shelves. I will take a picture later.

Hoping to organize and possibly try out the new machine today.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on my baby outfits and burp cloths, in case I missed someone on my earlier multi-quote.

Took both of my dd's out for high tea yesterday. It was what the younger one wanted to do for her birthday. It was lots of fun! They had a strolling violinist who came to the table and played for us and chatted. He was a nice older guy. He told us about how he'd been in the Marine Corp band for 40 years and he played for 6 presidents. He got teary eyed when talking to the kids about his childhood and sticking with your passion. It was just wonderful! Especially since we just gave younger dd a cello for her birthday!

How sweet!

LOL...DH was on field exercises when I thought that I was pregnant with Alison. Most of the units at the base were deployed at that time. I called the military hospital to schedule a blood test, DH was due home that weekend and I was hoping to have big news to share with him. When the scheduler told me that she had an appt on Friday, I said "Oh good, because my husband's coming home on Sunday!" There was dead silence on her end, and I can only imagine some :eek: and :sad2: . She had a chuckle when I told her he was just out in the field.

I hope his commanders are the caring kind. On the deployment over Jason's birth they let all of the soldiers expecting babies put in their R&R dates first. It barely worked for us - Jason was born the day before Mike left to go back, we took him to the airport right after we were discharged from the hospital. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them.

Thanks for the story about your husband coming home. I relayed it to my DD last night. It made her feel a little better knowing there is a possibility.

I am in the home stretch of finishing up the nursery redo for my friend. The installation is on Monday. I'm getting a bit nervous. When I worked for a decorator I always loved the installation day. But then, I was just the co ordinator, not the actual worker! I DO NOT make slipcovers, so her rocking chair looks very amateurish...just a basic pillow case over the existing cushions with a bit of velcro and ties...I am not happy with her choice of window treatments, the bumper pad is done (what a chore to wrestle THAT thing around!) and the other bedding items are completed. I think it will be cute...just not what I was wanting to do for her...

Nini

I am so anxious to see your baby room stuff. I love installation days too. Please take lots of pictures.

Here is the cinderella dress I made for my daugther. I found pictures on this site that inspired me to make this dress and thanks to whomever the pictures were from!! My daughter loves it!!
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247775_1400560110955_1740898747_663292_2599617_n.jpg

This is sooo cute!! What a beautiful little princess!

WOW!! :worship: I am in such awe! I just got through reading all 106 pages of this thread! (it took me 2 days) Obviously there is just TMTQ. (I think I got that right. ;) You all are just amazing!! I am a long time lurker on the Dis and my family has just recently been bitten by the Disney bug! For now we are only swinging it once a year (for the past 3 years) but I long for the day we can go twice a year! :cloud9: I have made a few posts and even one here in the disboutiquers section. Unfortunately sewing didn't really click for me until after our last trip. Which was in march so I have a loooong time to wait until our next trip. I can't wait though cause I will be a sewing fool as it draws near! Anyway I thought I would share some pictures of some of the recent items I have made. Sadly they are not all Disney. :sad2:

The blurry spot on the last 3 pics is where my water mark was. I was unsure if it was against dis rules to have it on there so I just blurred it out. :)

This is a pic from our last vacation right before our breakfast at the castle. Making these dresses is when the whole sewing thing really clicked in my head and became more enjoyable than a headache! :idea: I used this tutorial http://makeit-loveit.com/2010/10/cinderella-dress-halloween-costume.html and it was fabulous!
th_010-3.jpg

Dresses I made for my cousins girls for their upcoming Disney World Trip
th_minniedressdis.jpg

Just some fun non Disney sets
th_picnicdis.jpg

Thanks so much for looking and for being such an inspiration! I'm looking forward to spending a lot more time here!

Jeana

Jeana - they are all very cute. I really like the minnie dresses!!

I love it all... and your pictures are gorgeous! Great job. :)

I took a break from dolly sewing today, and I made the curtain for my sewing room... I love how it turned out, but I am a little disappointed that the diamonds on the top are lopsided - I was very careful when I was cutting and very careful when I was sewing - I am not sure what happened... but it doesn't look as horrible in real life - I promise. :wizard:

th_aIMG_1350.jpg

D~

Love the curtain!!! Did you cover the buttons??

I did it! I did it! I made a pair of Easy Fits!!!! :cool1:

Of course, after I cut them out (using "practice material we dug out of the depths of my mom's sewing closet ... once upon a time this material was bought to make AG Kirsten some clothes :rotfl2: ) I realized I hadn't cut them from my pattern piece, but from the taped together pieces you use to MAKE the pattern ... so they're a little short ... but not bad overall.

I used these as my "practice EVERYTHING" pair ... so I tried my hand at "hand applique" as well ... and I "decoupaged" the patches on with zig zag stitches, so the edges should fray nicely!

He's quite proud of his new pants, can you tell?
249411_10150200150181188_623451187_7256179_6399463_n.jpg

An action shot!
248237_10150200150026188_623451187_7256176_3366357_n.jpg

OMG.....he is a doll!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gents, for your amusement, the much anticipated :rotfl2:photos of my sewing quadrant in the basement. Tomorrow will be two years in this house. When we moved in, the first year was Year of the Furniture, the second year was Year of the Lawn (looks like that will be a multi-year project) and the third year was going to be the Year of the Finished Basement. As we thought more about that, we decided what we really needed was the basement for storage, not living, so I've been gradually "making do" with my quadrant. It's not pretty, but it's mine :cloud9:

Welcome

quadrant027.jpg

To your left

quadrant028.jpg

Straight ahead (I Frankensteined a computer so I could "see" CarlaC patterns which I have, but am hesitant to use it because I have soooo many extension cords.)

th_quadrant029.jpg

The view out my window -- no lake -- but occasionally deer

th_quadrant040.jpg

WOW...WOW...WOW...WOW!!! I wish I was even half that organized and had even 1/4 of that space. Love it!

"Evervesent"_ I just had to reply that my DH deployed about a week or so after we found out I was pregnant, too AND his name is Jason!!;) I thought that was too much to not say something!

To "Granna" Hope the deployment goes by quickly. The first couple of months are always the hardest for me. Please thank them BOTH for their service!

Thank you! I know she will be fine. He was at boot camp, then AIT ( 6 months so far) and now gone for a year. She is really missing him but with the baby and then holidays, I hope the time passes fast for her.

Hi all! Remember me? Hi to all the new friends we have! I have been gone because to say life has been hectic is an understatement.

I did want to update those who have been around for a while. Last I was on, hospice had been called in for my FIL...DH had traveled to OH to visit and things were at the least, grim. Well...GOOD NEWS! Yesterday he was released from Hospice and it looks like he may be going back on the lung transplant list. He has agreed to allow his wife to call 911 if he has another attack, but he still will not agree to be intubated again. He has to have a few more test done in Cleveland next week and then hopefully he will be back on the list. He is up and walking and all. He says that when we arrive in OH week after next he wants to out to dinner with us to get out for a little. The kids are so excited!

My Grandmother that fell and fractured her pelvis is back home as of Tuesday and doing well. We told her no more standing on chairs! She did however cook my father an entire dinner last night with cake for dessert! She will not be put down....gosh I hope I am that way at 85!

I hope to get a little sewing done this next week before the kids get out of school. Great stuff you all of done...as always!

Hey....great to see you back...and GREAT news on your FIL and Grandmother. I hope they continue to improve.

Fabric. com has Kaffee Fassett fabric on sale for 15% off..not a huge selection, but some pretty nice ones.

Nini

Welcome back. :) I hope both of them continue to improve. :lovestruc

good news on your FIL.

DH went to home depot and found me a piece of melamine to use as a table top on my expedit shelves. I will take a picture later.

Hoping to organize and possibly try out the new machine today.

Oooh. I can't wait to hear about your new machines.

Love the curtain!!! Did you cover the buttons??

Yes, I did cover the buttons. :)

D~

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter