• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:
So I just bought the Portrait Peasant pattern from YCMT and I'm going to make a a top for my niece. I want it to be long so that it goes past her hips but not so long that it looks like I tried to make a dress and made it too short. (I would just hold it up to my niece but she lives in South Dakota and I'm down here in Missouri!)
So my question: does anybody have a picture or two of the top (they call it the elongated bodice) cut on the third cutting line modeled on a kid? I just want to see where the hem hits them.
I know there are measurements given on the pattern, but I'm more of a visual person. Thanks a bunch!!
Vicki

Finally opened a new FB account. FB didn't seem to want to help me with the old acct. being hacked. If any of you were my friends and I haven't already added you back in, please send me a friend request. They are only letting me add 20 or so per day. Weird.

I went up to my DDs this week and helped her decorate her new apartment and start on the baby room. She is doing all ducks and it is turning out so cute. I am making the curtains and bedding so we did just the basics and decorated the walls. Can't wait to see the completed project. It is going to be really cute. Since her husband was deployed last week, she is really missing him, so it was fun and productive and got her mind off of him being gone for a bit.

Finished this super cute ugly step sister shirt for someone.

248929_213330332034760_201705983197195_702679_4866032_n.jpg

I did them so they are huffy and facing away from each other :lmao:

Love the shirt!! Sooo adorable that they aren't facing each other.

My 42 pillow cases shipped to GKTW today...

IMG_1068.jpg

That is great of you to do these.

Let me start by saying I love all the beautiful work you ladies do. I am very new to sewing and have been following for a while. We have a while before our DW trip and I am wanting to make some tshirts for us.
My dd has Aspergers and stays in stroller for most of the busy parts of the day for multiple reasons. She also has an occasional meltdown and we get stared at a lot.

My 'idea' is to cut a Mickey silouette out of the puzzle fabric and applique it onto a tshirt. I have no idea how to do this. I have looked and see that some do a patch and then sew that on.
If I just cut the Mickey and use pellon can I just sew around it. Will it fray. I've never used pellon and not top stitched it. What stitch do I use? I have a Brother with 10 or so stitch designs. I am saving for a new machine but can't decide if I need a serger and/or embroidery too. (sorry tangent)

Thanks for the help. I hope I'm good enough to join in and show my stuff sooner rather than later!

If you already have the puzzle fabric (which I am understanding your post to say)...then you can just back it with heat and bond lite, cut out the shape of the mickey head, peel off the backing and place on shirt. Iron over the top of the applique to reheat and set it to the shirt. Then satin stitch around the head (I set my satin stitch setting to .3 to get the denseness of the stitch and the width to 2.5 on most things). Hope this helps.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been swamped with customs and have not had much time to post. Here are a few things I did recently . ..

228184_226596390688029_210534112294257_1040704_2600042_n.jpg

246845_225788307435504_210534112294257_1033141_1576166_n.jpg

225794_223418417672493_210534112294257_1016711_6332933_n.jpg

WOW! That was a lot of pictures! Sorry!!

Aimee - all of your stuff is gorgeous. I can't pick a favorite.

Wanted to post a quick picture on my way out to a Memorial Day party. Since my DD knows that rock and rollers are going to be there ~ (Always have live bands at my friends house) she decided she didnt want r/w/b she had to have a new rocker outfit. So last night and this AM I was trying to get together this Emma swing top and bow. Lets just say the top looks like no other one. I couldnt figure out the top for the life of me so I just rigged it together and then put on ric rac to cover the big mistakes. the buttons on the back are cute pirate heads.
First is my favorite...love her rock and roll attitude.
Dresses009.jpg

Such a cute picture!! You did a great job.

I made my DD a Memorial Day/4th of July/Labor Day ruffle bubble. I made my boys shirts too but don't have a pic of them yet. Next up for me is a Vida for Animal Kingdom. I have the fabric and design I want to use. I just have to find some free time to get started on it :)

th_LoralieBubble2-1.jpg

th_bubble-1.jpg

OMG....this is the cutest thing I have seen. I LOVE the butt ruffles!!

I FINALLY have something to share after lurking for several weeks- WOO HOO!

First up is a quilt I made on behalf of Tyler's Kindergarten class for their teacher as a baby shower craft/gift. The kids had a baby book shower for their teacher and colored the quilt blocks as the craft, and then I took them home and quickly pieced them together with some other fabrics. I only had a week to work on it, I'm still in shock I got it done in time...

Sorry for all the pictures, but I wanted to show the process a little...

the blocks the kids made (thank you Nini for the fabric marker suggestion, they worked GREAT!)

The quilt completed

th_IMG_3578.jpg

And my other task at hand completed in the wee hours of last night into this morning...

Ryan's bowling shirt (it's missing the bottom button, because he wanted to try it on before I got done sewing the last button on)

th_IMG_3739.jpg

The back view with Heather's awesome McQueen design!!

th_IMG_3740.jpg

I've just gotta say although it's been said several times before...Carla C is an amazing pattern writer! The first time I used this pattern, I didn't really read directions, and just sort of followed pictures. That was dumb and I made several mistakes and wasted fabric and time, lesson learned. I took my time with this shirt, read every single word of her directions (some more than once) and I'm so happy with how this shirt came out. I think there isn't a single thing on it that I would change. I'm extremely critical of my work, so that's saying a lot! I think Great Grandma woulda been proud of this one too. I wish I still had her here to sew with me.

What an awesome quilt!!!!!! That will be forever treasured, I am sure!!!

The Lightning McQueen shirt is so cute too. Great choice of fabrics. What a little cutie wearing it too. And yes, Great Grandma would have been so proud of you.

While at Disney lst year, DS9 decided he wanted his room redecorated based on the pizzafari restaurant at Animal Kingdom. I think I started working on a quilt for him in either December or January. I haven't been in too big of a hurry on it, and as other projects come along, it will be pushed back in line a few days or weeks.

He wants the color scheme of orange and blue, with lots and lots of animals, with the zebra being his favorite. I had searched for weeks for some sort of bedding to go with his theeme, and finally decided on a quilt ...since he is the only family memeber that I haven't made one for yet.

All was going pretty smoothly...until hubby decided to surprise him with a new bunk bed...it will be delivered tomorrow!!! Somehow, within the next 24 hours, I have to finish one quilt, start a second one, paint a room, make window treatments...yup...SO not happening!

So I am making some modifications to the quilt idea. I was appliqueing a total of 25 blocks with Heather Sue's animals to make up his quilt...now I am using only 15 with wide sashings of blue and orange to make up the right size. As soon as Joann's opens, I am off to get the orange and blue fabric (along with some zebra) and attempt to get it finished tonight. The long arm is nicely oiled and ready to go...

...so while everyone is enjoying thier Memorial Day vacation....I will be slaving away to make my little boy happy! Oh the things we do for our kids!

Nini

What a special mommy you are! I can't wait to see it.

OHHHHHHH that red white and blue Audrey Ruffle skirt looks great, just what i was looking for.

effervescent - Thanks for the rhumba skirt, I noticed that tonight, I might even give that a go.

Many thanks to everyone for their help.

This is the fabric I purchased .

th_P5300374-1.jpg

I thought I could make a little skirt for my daughter to wear on the plane.

:surfweb:

Love the fabric.

I love everything that has been psted lately! I have been keeping an eye on everything but not posting much. I need to start sewing for our Sept. trip. I have a few ideas but hae not started working yet. I vow to start earlier this year!

Here are some dresses I made my girls a few weeks ago. They love the aprons!

th_IMG_6508.jpg

Has anyone made a dress like this with a lining that has tulle on the bottom for some fluff? Do you think it would be too hot for Disney? Thanks!

Just precious! I think I would just make an extra layer of lightweight cotton attached to bodice and add the tulle to the bottom of the slip to give the fluff... That way, it wouldn't be tulle all the way from waist to bottom but would give the same effect.

Thanks for this info!! I heard somewhere that someone used a karate costume pattern and converted it to a Jedi outfit. I wonder if that would work too? Hmmm. . . .

For the underneath costume part, yes... For the long robe, no...

Hello! I'm completely new to disboutiquers and you have really inspired me! I just had my first girl after three boys and I'm really excited about sewing some stuff for her! We are going to WDW in Septembeer and I'd like to have her some cute princess and Minnie outfits. I've had a hard time finding anything in baby sizes. Does anyone have any baby girl outfit ideas? I guesstimate she'll be about size 6-9 months by then.
Thanks!

I have some insul-brite waiting for me to make a new ironing board cover for the sewing room... I am excited to get working on it. :)

D~

Do you have a pattern for an ironing board cover? I could use that too!

Hello! I'm completely new to disboutiquers and you have really inspired me! I just had my first girl after three boys and I'm really excited about sewing some stuff for her! We are going to WDW in Septembeer and I'd like to have her some cute princess and Minnie outfits. I've had a hard time finding anything in baby sizes. Does anyone have any baby girl outfit ideas? I guesstimate she'll be about size 6-9 months by then.
Thanks!

Most of CarlaC's patterns on Youcanmakethis.com start at 6 months. There is a bubble romper, the Simply Sweet, Easy fit pants for shorts and pants, and several others. You might want to try those...really simple and super cute!

Question:
So I just bought the Portrait Peasant pattern from YCMT and I'm going to make a a top for my niece. I want it to be long so that it goes past her hips but not so long that it looks like I tried to make a dress and made it too short. (I would just hold it up to my niece but she lives in South Dakota and I'm down here in Missouri!)
So my question: does anybody have a picture or two of the top (they call it the elongated bodice) cut on the third cutting line modeled on a kid? I just want to see where the hem hits them.
I know there are measurements given on the pattern, but I'm more of a visual person. Thanks a bunch!!
Vicki

I don't think it will work like that, your going to have to have your nieces Mom send measurements. Ask her to measure from the shoulder down to wherever you want it to go. My DGD is going to be three on July 7th and is over 40 inches tall. My nephew turned 5 this past April and my sister was hoping he would hit 40 inches for their WDW trip. So you see, the third cutting line will hit everyone a little differently.

Wow, I've been MIA since Easter! :confused3 Time flies! I've been skimming the photos from the past 100 or so pages quickly. :surfweb: Lots of nice work!
I just finished 3 Lunch Money Cuffs for the teachers at my daughters' school who were organizing the Running Club. We are running a 5K this Sunday.
Will post a pic when I have enough posts (and I figure out how to work photobucket!)

I would love to know too!popcorn::

:3dglasses need pics!

IMG_3049.jpg

I used this tutorial Jedi Robe tutorial...u can make any size as long as you have the persons measurements.

I used flannel for my son's robe.....it was very heavy and didn't really "flow" If I remade the robe I would probably use polyester suiting, as its cheap but would hang better.

Very cute!
Thanks!

Like others have said, CarlaC (Scientific Seamstress) starts her patterns out at about that size. I've even scaled them down to newborn sizes. They are all very easy and can be princified very nicely! If you check out Carla's blog, she gives you directions on how to princify her patterns http://www.scientificseamstress.com

Is it 10 posts I need before I can submit pics?

Yep, so keep going!

Now the next task is to learn to multi-quote!!!:scared1:

That's easy, you just click the
multiquote_off.gif
button on each post you want to quote it will turn red
multiquote_on.gif
then when you have all you want to quote, hit
quote.gif
in the last post you are multi quoting or
reply.gif
at the bottom of the page.

Very cute!

Like others have said, CarlaC (Scientific Seamstress) starts her patterns out at about that size. I've even scaled them down to newborn sizes. They are all very easy and can be princified very nicely! If you check out Carla's blog, she gives you directions on how to princify her patterns http://www.scientificseamstress.com

Yep, so keep going!

Yay! Thank you! I already liked the Simply Sweet patterns, so now I'm completely sold. Now I just have to decide which one. . .

Shoot! My computer keeps freezing up and I lost the multi-quote I had ready. I finished the baby bubble romper today. I did it in a size 3 months. I think it turned out very cute. I hope dd's teacher likes it.

For 3lilpirates this is one of CarlaC's patterns on Youcanmakethis. I found it fairly easy to sew. If you pick up some cute Disney fabrics, it would be perfect for your little girl. Joann's happens to have all their character fabric on sale for 40% off this week. Here are a couple of pictures:

P5310201.jpg

P5310197.jpg

P5310203.jpg

P5310202.jpg

The best part of this project was that I was able to make the whole thing with leftover fabric from other projects! The only thing that I had to buy was some of that tape with the snaps on it. That's so much easier than individual snaps or buttons!

Shoot! My computer keeps freezing up and I lost the multi-quote I had ready. I finished the baby bubble romper today. I did it in a size 3 months. I think it turned out very cute. I hope dd's teacher likes it.

For 3lilpirates this is one of CarlaC's patterns on Youcanmakethis. I found it fairly easy to sew. If you pick up some cute Disney fabrics, it would be perfect for your little girl. Joann's happens to have all their character fabric on sale for 40% off this week. Here are a couple of pictures:

th_P5310201.jpg

th_P5310197.jpg

th_P5310203.jpg

th_P5310202.jpg

The best part of this project was that I was able to make the whole thing with leftover fabric from other projects! The only thing that I had to buy was some of that tape with the snaps on it. That's so much easier than individual snaps or buttons!

Cute! my DD is now too big for those bubbles, but I miss them. I LOVE snap tape for clothing....but if you need lots of snaps on something thicker than clothing....a press is the way to go! I didn't know about them until I started sewing diapers.....once I got a press I wanted to put snaps on everything! Here are some cloth training pants I made for DD a while back.....DS jedi boots had snaps holding them on in the back:rolleyes1
IMG_3058.jpg

That's easy,
Easy, huh?

Shoot! My computer keeps freezing up and I lost the multi-quote I had ready.

That's what I was afraid of. Computer freezing, or kids interrupting, and losing all my quotes.
Seems to have worked for 2 quotes though. Now I can add my ooohs and aaahs to all the fabulous creations I've seen lately.

Better submit before it doesn't work anymore!!!:rotfl:

P5310201.jpg

P5310197.jpg

P5310203.jpg

P5310202.jpg

Adorable!

IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

Okay, here is my first try at posting a photo. These are the money cuffs I made. Don't look to close at the stitching :laughing:

I found the instructions at http://www.oneshetwoshe.com/2010/09/lunch-money-cuff-tutorial-she-christie.html

Hopefully all my copying and pasting has worked!

I love these, thanks for sharing the link.

Cute! my DD is now too big for those bubbles, but I miss them. I LOVE snap tape for clothing....but if you need lots of snaps on something thicker than clothing....a press is the way to go! I didn't know about them until I started sewing diapers.....once I got a press I wanted to put snaps on everything! Here are some cloth training pants I made for DD a while back.....DS jedi boots had snaps holding them on in the back:rolleyes1
IMG_3058.jpg

Love the training pants! Is that a pattern or did you make those on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter