Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a very productive day today. Here are some pictures:

This Simply Sweet turned out bigger than I anticipated. I am going to have to tuck it away to give to my niece next summer.
P5100122.jpg

For my niece who is crazy about mermaids:
P5100117.jpg

Supergirl pajamas that I made the $1 a yard fabric that I bought last week:

P5100115.jpg

I also made this on Friday:
P5100120.jpg

It goes with this skirt I made last month using some scraps:
P4160248.jpg

I finally finished my dissertation and got my Ph.D. and now I get to work part time. So for 2 days a week I get to stay home and sew!!! I've finished up a few things, some for customers, some for our trip - NEXT WEEK!!

Onesie tutu and ruffled socks. These are for twins, another one says "Thing Two". The ruffle socks almost beat me, but now that I have them figured out they're pretty easy!
DSCN0408.jpg

CarlaCs medium boxy bag. Made this for the trip to hold my cameras, wish I had made the next size up, but this works. It goes together so easily! The adjustable strap was simple too!
DSCN0404.jpg

A Vida for my daugther to wear to 1900 Park Fare dinner. Hand appliqued the steps - I kone why I love my embroidery machine now :) - wanted really big appliques. The lucifer is by embroidery machine.
DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jessica

Hey Ladies! I know that it has been FOREVER since I posted!! Sorry, I always lurk and you always inspire me.

:lovestruc:lovestruc I just had to post my new FAVORITE PATTERN of ALL TIME!!:lovestruc:lovestruc

I made this dress with my favorite Me & My Sister fabric (which I am nearly out of). It goes together great and is not time-consuming (minus the handmade bias). There is an option for an extra godet in the back, and next time I think I will add it, but I was running out of pink.

Hope you enjoy...oh, it's the Miley pattern and I got it from FF&L.

Just keep sewing :)

DSC04362.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

Hey Ladies! I know that it has been FOREVER since I posted!! Sorry, I always lurk and you always inspire me.

:lovestruc:lovestruc I just had to post my new FAVORITE PATTERN of ALL TIME!!:lovestruc:lovestruc

I made this dress with my favorite Me & My Sister fabric (which I am nearly out of). It goes together great and is not time-consuming (minus the handmade bias). There is an option for an extra godet in the back, and next time I think I will add it, but I was running out of pink.

DSC04362.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

Ok I am sooo jealous. I downloaded this pattern the other week cause I HAD TO HAVE IT. When I opened up the file the instructions looked so greek to me. I just now have it saved and Im hoping to figure it out by Christmas :) Came out sooooo awesome!!

This Simply Sweet turned out bigger than I anticipated. I am going to have to tuck it away to give to my niece next summer.
P5100122.jpg

P5100117.jpg

P5100115.jpg

P5100120.jpg

P4160248.jpg
Love them all!! Saw the supergirl fabric and didnt pick it up...what was I thinking? I now have to go back and get some.

I finally finished my dissertation and got my Ph.D. and now I get to work part time. So for 2 days a week I get to stay home and sew!!! I've finished up a few things, some for customers, some for our trip - NEXT WEEK!!

Onesie tutu and ruffled socks. These are for twins, another one says "Thing Two". The ruffle socks almost beat me, but now that I have them figured out they're pretty easy!
DSCN0408.jpg

CarlaCs medium boxy bag. Made this for the trip to hold my cameras, wish I had made the next size up, but this works. It goes together so easily! The adjustable strap was simple too!
DSCN0404.jpg

A Vida for my daugther to wear to 1900 Park Fare dinner. Hand appliqued the steps - I kone why I love my embroidery machine now :) - wanted really big appliques. The lucifer is by embroidery machine.
DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jessica

Congrats!!That is so awesome for you.
I have got to learn how to do the hand appliques. They look sensational!!

I know it's been a while since I have been on here. Some of you are friends on Facebook and may have seen these already, so I apologize in advance for the duplicity...

223488_10150171400043458_564578457_6811940_4326372_n.jpg

Capris and shirt for Hannah
225357_10150169864668458_564578457_6798415_7750219_n.jpg

I just love this little 4x4 design by heather went perfectly with some fabric I had in my stash for bottoms. I did a Cindrella for Megan and have the shorts left to do for her
229158_10150169864868458_564578457_6798421_2160702_n.jpg

another thsirt for Tom
230173_10150169864563458_564578457_6798411_3266839_n.jpg

Love them all, but my favorite is the Ariel! :love:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the DIS and to your awesome, amazing, wonderful piece of it, (but not to Disney :goodvibes)! I'm SOO inspired by what I've seen here! I cannot wait to try my hand at some of these types of projects!

I recently finished my first major Mickey sewing project, intended for use on our trip this fall. :woohoo: It can also be worn for a back carry. The decorative fabric was from a receiving blanket three pack I got for a shower gift several years ago. I used the matching blanket to make a nursing cover that has served me for three babies. :)

th_IMG_0014-1.jpg

th_IMG_0013-1.jpg

Best regards and I look forward to seeing more amazing creations!
C.

Welcome! Adorable baby and I love that baby carrier.

I love the dress just the way it is!

Here's my crazy method. I don't hoop anything anymore, nor do I use a tack down stitch. I don't have time. For me, it's much quicker and easier to just float the shirt. I hoop heavyweight cut away. Then spray a bit of 505 adhesive, turn my shirt inside out, fold it in half lengthwise. Line up the armpits and sides to make sure the fold is perfectly down the middle. (I've got a little arrow on the top and bottom of my hoop showing me where the center is. I place the folder shirt on the right side of the hoop making sure my fold line is lined up with the top&bottom center arrows then unfold it and smooth down the left side. It's perfectly even every time. And I haven't found a need for a tack down stitch. As soon as my first embroidery stitch is down, it works as the same thing. The shirt won't move out of position.

I guess I use the same crazy method as you..I don't hoop, and don't use tack down stitch either. I float everything, and since it has worked for me so far, I just keep doing it.
Have fun on your trip!

EYE SPY question

I made 2 this weekend. 1 seems to have to much and one not enough as far as the beads. Having never seen one and being very visual... is there a
an appropriate amount of beads to a aprx measurement of bag?

I haven't been on in forever since I'm busy making things for our trip & for my cousin's family that will be there the same time. I am looking for a full body Eeyore machine app. design. Has anyone seen one other than from Digital by design??? :confused: My favorite designer (Heather) only has his head, but the rest of the designs I'm doing for their family have the full body.

I got my Hobby Lobby order today! At the last possible minute the PO called to say it was all finally here.

First order of business - Share with my Disboutiqer Freinds....

P5100020.jpg

P5100019.jpg

I am on :cloud9: and in a sewing drought no more! Whoot whoot!:banana:

P5100122.jpg

P5100117.jpg

P5100115.jpg

P5100120.jpg

P4160248.jpg

This is adorable! I love everything!

DSCN0408.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jessica

This is probably my favorite Vida I have ever seen!!! WOW!!! I actually saved the photos (giving you credit, of course) on my pc, so they can inspire me! Great job! :)

DSC04362.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

What is FF&L? I love how this turned out and I would love to get this pattern! :)

I got my Hobby Lobby order today! At the last possible minute the PO called to say it was all finally here.

P5100020.jpg

P5100019.jpg

I am on :cloud9: and in a sewing drought no more! Whoot whoot!:banana:

Yay! It looks like you got some great fabric! :)

D~

Ok I am sooo jealous. I downloaded this pattern the other week cause I HAD TO HAVE IT. When I opened up the file the instructions looked so greek to me. I just now have it saved and Im hoping to figure it out by Christmas :) Came out sooooo awesome!!

Just get the general gist of it and then do it your own way. That's what I always do. I can't stand following instructions though :lmao:

This is really cute! What pattern is this? I don't think I have seen this pattern before.

What is FF&L? I love how this turned out and I would love to get this pattern! :)

It's Miley by TUCI Design. It's an e-pattern that I got from Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops. They have a great selection of fabric & the BEST selection of patterns around.

Question:
Has anybody used any patterns by Vanilla House Patterns? I was looking at them online and I saw two that are really cute. They are called Poppy's Easy Dress and Pepper's Easy Dress. Just curious if the patterns are well written and actually easy?????

boo, it is too small for Ariana

Not sure what I did wrong but obviously it needs to be bigger (and she isn't a big baby quite small actually)

Anyhoo, if I have time I will make one that fits, and if I can just find the one doll we have in the house (I suspect that will change as Ariana gets older but the boys aren't fussed with them LOL) she will have a lovely wee stripey dress.

th_April006.jpg

Thanks again for everyones photos and stuff it is an inspiration.

Kirsten

It turned out great. Too bad it is a little small. I am sure the next one will be perfect!

Hi everyone! I'm in such awe of everything you can make. Its all so beautiful! I'm not sure if any of you remember me but many from the Big Give made my daughter's wish trip last year so special. Sydney loved all of the clothing and other items that were sent by the Big Give. I've made several furry costumes for the kids over the years and stopped when kiddo number 3 came along just for lack of time.

I love to sew though and since last year, I've wanted to get involved with the Big Give and to also make some special things for the children for our next trip to DW. I had a look at the YCMT website and many of the dresses and skrts and bowling shirts listed the amount of fabric needed for the project without actually needing to download the pattern yet. While we have lots of fabric places here, no one sells Disney fabric so this past weekend, we made a trip to a little town on the border that has a Joann's. And incredibly enough, Walmart there also still sells disney fabric. I was in 7th heaven and while I figure I"ve bought too much, I'm excited to get started.

I figure I'll make some things for my own kiddos first as I'd like to practice a bit before I prepare something for the Big Give. A question though: once I do get involved with the Big Give, can you sign up for a project based on the amount of time that you have or is such that you're expected to produce a certain amount? I'm taking a leave of absense from work next month and I'll be home with the children for awhile but I life will still be crazy busy and I'd be afraid to commit to something that I can't always follow through with, especially when the gifts from the Big Give are so special.

Any suggestions on easy things to start with? I've gotten fabric to make two peekaboo pleat skirts, several bowlings shirts for the boys, 2 Marissa dresses, Caroline pillowcase dress as well as fabric for matching ones for Sydney, myself and her doll, 2 round neck top (one to match teh boys bowlings shirts) and 2 round neck sundresses and I'm sure I had other print outs with me that I bought fabric for as well. Kind of over did it I expect but I was so excited to see all the disney fabric that I just can't buy here!

I'm also interested in using appliques but I know that actually making them myself is out of the question. Is there a reliable place that I can buy disney applique's already made that I can sew on to the dresses or tops myself?

Finally question: I'd like to make an audrey skirt for Sydney. She loved the one made for her for the Big Give but its now too small for her. The pattern description on YCMT says that its quilter fabric but when I was at Joann's there was nothing there really appropriate for a skirt like that. Any suggestions of other fabric to look for here?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I didn't realize til I started typing how many I had. DH asked last night what my plan was. When I told him, he was very nice but said that while there are many things that I do very well, sewing isnt really one of them LOL. I figure I just need practice.

Glad to hear that you were able to find lots of Disney fabric. From your list, it sounds like the pillowcase dress is the easiest one to start with. Bowling shirts are not hard if you follow the directions. Marissa dresses should not be too bad as long as you are fine with zippers (really zippers are easy). I am not sure about the round neck tops/dresses nor the peek-a-boo skirts since I have never made them. For applique, you may want to try Fabricland (since you are in Canada) for Disney applique. I know they sell them at Fabricland West.

For the Big Gives, you just sign up for what you feel you can do. There isn't a "quota" for how much we contribute or anything. Everyone just pitch in whenever they can.

I was planning to sew this afternoon but I got home from the grocery store to find my big freezer broken. I just ran out and bought a new freezer but it can't be delivered until the morning. In the meantime I am calling all my friends to see if they will come and take some of the things before everything goes bad.

Oh I am sorry to hear about your freezer. I am glad that you noticed that quickly (and it sounds like you have some happy friends as a result).

I didnt get a real good pic of the girls in their dresses. I do think that I chose the right size for my girls as across the back, the dresses fit perfectly in the shoulders and arms. It was kind a gappy in the front though, even when tied tightly. They did wear a shirt underneath them just in case. Of course their dad helped them with them in the AM, and he didnt tie the insides!!! Fortunately I noticed it in the parking lot and we quickly fixed that. I did use a knot first, then the bow. The girls REALLY liked them and I did too, but I would have liked them to be a bit smoother across the chest. Also they LOVED their eye spy bats, but the big surprise was that the BIG TEENAGERS love them!!! lol!!! they were so funny and made it a race!!!

All of us including the GRADUATES!!!
th_102_3286.jpg

It looks like everyone had a great time. Looking at those pictures, maybe I should consider making an eye spy bag to keep around the house for little and not so little visitors!

I got a BIG mother's day surprise this weekend....my very first, very own sewing machine! It's a Brother CS-6000i. (Opinions?) I haven't taken it out of the box yet. The boys just went down for their naps and this is the first moment of peace I've had to even start thinking about it!

I went to JoAnn's yesterday and found several Disney fabrics that had just a yard or a little more on the bolts. So, I bought 1/4 to 1/2 yard and asked for the remainder as a remnant. The lady cutting my fabric was a little cranky and kept telling me I wasn't suppose to act, she was suppose to offer it. Um...ok...I'll wait until you offer. After 2 or 3 fabrics of this, she started just ringing up the remainders as remnants.

I also printed off the first electronic pattern I've ever purchased. It's CarlaC's bowling shirt. And I already have a question.....Do you have to line the whole thing? I was wanting to do a light-weight, cool shirt for the HOT HOT HOT June Disney trip. I haven't read all the instructions, but thought I would ask here while I start reading through....

Congrats on your sewing machine. I have only done one bowling shirt lined. Actually my first set of bowling shirts were done without lining - I just winged it. Tricia's instructions are exactly what I do for the unlined version.

Hello again,
Seeking moral support! Exhausted and stressed from sewing ribbon by hand. I'm the hapless mom who posted a while back that I was going to try to make a rapunzel dress for my daughter as BBB doesn't have them as an option for her 4th birthday (the trip to the boutique is her gift from Dad and I). Well, I'm not a great seamstress so it isn't a copy of Disney's version - it is my own "inspired by Disney" version. I do not have a machine so it is sewn by hand starting with an existing pink easter dress from superstore. Just for those curious -Total cost ended up being $34.00 including the crown and shoes I picked up at Disney store.
230640_10150173378997303_696942302_7195268_3280787_n.jpg

Oh my! You did this by hand?! That looks amazing! I think it is smart that you started out with an existing dress. I will have to remember that trick!

Made Carla's romper for my grandson, it was really quick and easy to put together. The appliqué is from Heather.
225870_221239517902769_100000501662599_936181_3719834_s.jpg

This is the reversible side. I'm not sure I like the fabric but I love that potato head appliqué
230627_221239644569423_100000501662599_936182_2375018_s.jpg

Very cute. I was debating between getting this pattern or the bubble romper for a while. I decided to go with the bubble since they'd look cute on a baby and would go over better as a shower gift.

Here are a couple of recent things I did for a Big Give. The family is going to the WWOHP and are huge HP fans! My older kids are also huge HP fans so I jumped at the chance to do these!

th_002-10.jpg
th_001-12.jpg

Good job on those outfits! I am sure they will have a great time there!

I had a semi productive day. I got the under skirt appliqued and the ruffles added and then decided to measure...Somehow I measured wrong and the under skirt is 2 inches too short! So I guess my grand daughter will get a new dress after all!

Today I get to go back and start over with the new under skirt....

And, the mom did get back to me on the measurements. Once I explained why I was having a problem she understood. She always has to purchase a size 4 in shirts for her...she is tiny and tall. So, now that I know that I understand why the original measurements were coming in at a 4!!! (also explains why the 2 inches too short on the skirt is a problem!)

I normally don't have problems like this for customers...on my own stuff yes...but not for customers. Hubby said it was proof that I should stop sewing for others....just as the business end kicks into full gear!

Nini

I am sorry to hear about the problem with the skirt. Glad that you got the measurements confirmed. I am sure this family has a hard time finding clothing for this girl.

Thanks first one of me to come out where i wasnt trying to crop parts of myself out :0 We are going 8/22 - 8/31 so excited I cant wait. Would be so cool to run into anyone there! I picked up some cotton in black the other day to give this a whirl and oops see thru black..would never imagine, so Im gonna do double layers

Cool. I think we arrive on the 25th(?) The bodice for the dress is lined so I think the bodice part will be fine. I guess the skirt part will need to be the double layers. Thankfully my lightweight cotton isn't so light weight that it would be a problem.

th_P5100122.jpg

th_P5100117.jpg

th_P5100115.jpg

th_P5100120.jpg

th_P4160248.jpg

Good job on all the outfits. You've been busy!

th_DSCN0408.jpg

th_DSCN0404.jpg

A Vida for my daugther to wear to 1900 Park Fare dinner. Hand appliqued the steps - I kone why I love my embroidery machine now - wanted really big appliques. The lucifer is by embroidery machine.
th_DSCN0405.jpg
th_DSCN0406.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jessica

The dress is awesome. I am sure she will get lots of attention. I can't wait to hear about your dinner at 1900PF. We have a reservation there for our August trip!

I just had to post my new FAVORITE PATTERN of ALL TIME!!

Just keep sewing

th_DSC04362.jpg
th_DSC04363.jpg
th_DSC04364.jpg

This looks beautiful!

th_P5100020.jpg
th_P5100019.jpg

I am on :cloud9: and in a sewing drought no more! Whoot whoot!

Congrats on the fabric. I look forward to seeing what you make with them!

I absolutely love that dress. Personally, I wouldn't change it. It isn't any more over the top than the t-shirts I see every trip!

Awesome. Not loud at all.

I think the dress is really cute! I Saw some high heeled minnie dot shoes yesterday that would look adorable with this (but I guess you wouldn't want to wear heels to Disney, huh?).

I am going to CASE this too so you can add me to your copy cat list....What a cute dress...I love it. Dont change a thing!

I think the minnie dot dress is great too and perfectly accented. I think if you changed anything it would really take away from the dress.

I love the dress just the way it is!

Thanks for the reassurance about the dress. I will leave it the way it is! I think I will pass on the Minnie dot heels - I hardly wear heels at home so I don't plan on wearing them on vacation! I am truly grateful that I have a job where I don't have to wear heels or suits to work!

Now I am wondering if I can pull off a patchwork skirt with Disney fabric... :lmao:

Oh and I have a project to share from a recent Big Give:

A camera bag and jewellery rolls

TracesGiveItemsFront.jpg

TracesGiveItemsBack.jpg

I digitized the Lego minifig for the Give as the recipient is very much into Lego. I was a little annoyed because one of the hands is a little bit off. I think that was because I walked into the table while the machine was going (don't ask me how). The Hidden Mickey book stayed at my home since they have a copy of the book already.

To the poster who got the new Brother machine:
I have the CS6000i too, and I love it. It's super easy to use and very beginner friendly. I did A LOT of research before I actually bought. I would suggest going online and watching some videos on youtube. This helped me a few times and made me realize I had been inserting my bobbin wrong for awhile, even after I had already made some things for Big Gives. I was getting super frustrated thinking my tension was off but it was my bobbin the whole time.

I have also just purchased a CS6000i. I'm waiting for it to be delivered. Thanks for the advice on watching some youtube videos. I did lots of research. I sewed a lot as a teenager but have hardly done anything since then - mostly because I didn't have a decent machine and usually got frustrated before finishing any projects.

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jessica

That is FABULOUS!!!! Simply fabulous!!!!:thumbsup2

The dress is awesome. I am sure she will get lots of attention. I can't wait to hear about your dinner at 1900PF. We have a reservation there for our August trip!

These two are my favorite!!! She is going to get tons of attention at 1900 Park Fare. One of our favorite restaurants.
Thanks! We love 1900 Park Fare dinner! We've been twice already, once when my daughter was 17 months, then again at 26 months. Those were both fun times, but now that she is almost three and has seen the movies, I hope that she will "get it" more. My father-in-law who went with us on our first trip still talks about how great Lady Tremaine was. The steps are just so interactive - so much more than princesses ever are. I'm thinking this dinner will become a first night ritual!

This is probably my favorite Vida I have ever seen!!! WOW!!! I actually saved the photos (giving you credit, of course) on my pc, so they can inspire me! Great job! :)

Wow! Thanks so much! Lisa (LisaZoe) who used to post on here (and who design the audry ruffle and Zoe skirt) inspired me. She always had these great big appliques and she was the first I saw do the ruffles on the side. I can't wait to see how the interaction goes. The steps are always so excited and love to see Lucifer too!

I haven't been on in forever since I'm busy making things for our trip & for my cousin's family that will be there the same time. I am looking for a full body Eeyore machine app. design. Has anyone seen one other than from Digital by design??? :confused: My favorite designer (Heather) only has his head, but the rest of the designs I'm doing for their family have the full body.

Sent you a pm.

It's an e-pattern that I got from Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops. They have a great selection of fabric & the BEST selection of patterns around.

Thank you for pointing out that website! I spent the whole evening poring over all their patterns. Squee! This pattern will be my first purchase.

Has anyone used the Thomas Kinkade Peter Pan fabric for garments? I like the one with wording and pics of characters interspersed. I'm mainly wondering if the print is too big to use on my little girl. She's almost 6mo, but only 11 pounds. If anyone has used it and could point me to pics for scale, that would be appreciated!

My initial thought is the pattern above using the Pan fabric for the main body and the blue starfield coordinating fabric for the ruffles and bow. I'd also do shorts for my boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter