Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nini - one more thing. If you do decide to go with a size that you think may be a little too big, you can put elastic under the arms as is done with the Vida. Not sure if you have done that before or not, but I know others on here have and it has worked well.

I have one cut out for my niece. I am planning to put a row of elastic around the back at the waist and also at the top of the back. That way it should fit closer to her body. Should be very easy to add since the bodice is lined.

I was planning to sew this afternoon but I got home from the grocery store to find my big freezer broken. I just ran out and bought a new freezer but it can't be delivered until the morning. In the meantime I am calling all my friends to see if they will come and take some of the things before everything goes bad.

I took the weekend off from the computer :) Thanks everyone for the comments on the My Little Pony outfits. The girls loved them and pranced around all weekend in them. I think I lost some of my quotes.

The mane and tail was pretty time consuming in itself. Of course, I felt the need to add an extra color to it on the aqua one, so instead of 3 colors of mane/tail, I made it 4 which meant being very careful on my color changes and stopping in the middle of some of them and changing (I won't do that again!). But she loved it and so it was worth it on this one.

So beautiful!! My DD would go APE over them!!

Thank you. My DGDs LOVE their ponies! They wore them yesterday for Mother's Day and looked so cute in them.

Anita, I love your outfit. Where did you get the little pony? Or did you design it? I made one for a friend, I'm not sure who the designer was, and it wasn't really that good. This one looks more exciting!!

Thanks...The pony applique was from bowsandclothes.com

Got a new machine a Babylock Ellure, I am IN LOVE!!

I have busy busy busy... will post pictures soon off to read the thread.

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you make.

breaking up my post so I dont have too many photos
231064_10150171401308458_564578457_6811946_200934_n.jpg

shorts
226576_10150171402013458_564578457_6811947_7336816_n.jpg

this is not the greatest photo and I think it's one of my favorites for Megan
221922_10150169864158458_564578457_6798401_7580251_n.jpg

up close
226308_10150169864348458_564578457_6798405_3286837_n.jpg

birthday outfit for a trip to Mystic Aquarium
208532_10150154144208458_564578457_6632495_1730259_n.jpg

Nicole - everything is just too cute! Love the Aurora outfit.

I love these! The rainbow rickrack adds the perfect touch and the embroidery for the ponies is great- the manes must have been time consuming!

Thanks. I kept debating the rainbow rickrack but I think it just added a little pizzazz to it.

I haven't posted in a long time, but I love to look. I have finally finished several things.

First A dress for a friends DD
th_ad856ad4.jpg

And I used the scrapes for a skirt for my DD
th_5756f17d.jpg

I tried my hand at bows
th_f0be9ea6.jpg

And last for now is DD in a summer outfit I made her
th_803e4563.jpg

Cute stuff....great use of the scraps for the skirt! Love the fabric choices.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the DIS and to your awesome, amazing, wonderful piece of it, (but not to Disney :goodvibes)! I'm SOO inspired by what I've seen here! I cannot wait to try my hand at some of these types of projects!

I recently finished my first major Mickey sewing project, intended for use on our trip this fall. :woohoo: It can also be worn for a back carry. The decorative fabric was from a receiving blanket three pack I got for a shower gift several years ago. I used the matching blanket to make a nursing cover that has served me for three babies. :)

th_IMG_0014-1.jpg

th_IMG_0013-1.jpg

Best regards and I look forward to seeing more amazing creations!
C.

Welcome!! Love the wrap made from the receiving blanket. That little one is just a doll.

MY DD would love this outfit.

Thanks so much!!

I need your honest opinion on this dress. I made it for our August trip but I don't know if it is too "loud"!

th_MinnieJamie.jpg

It's the new Jamie dress pattern. I really like how it cinches my waist (it makes me look quite slim!) I just don't know if I overdid the Minnie dots or not. I am debating if I should switch the straps to black instead of the Minnie dots. Sometimes what I envisioned in my head just don't quite work out the way they should!

I think the dress is really cute! I Saw some high heeled minnie dot shoes yesterday that would look adorable with this (but I guess you wouldn't want to wear heels to Disney, huh?).

You can quit stalking now. I got my presents as soon as ds arrived home. Let's see, first I got a potted petunia (pink -- my dd picked it out), then I got a hanging tomato planter b/c the squirrels ate my tomatoes last year, and then.........................I got a really big box! Care to guess what was inside? It's still in the box. I'm cleaning and rearranging my sewing room to make space for it! I'm also scared:scared1: to get it out of the box! I am hoping to try something on it by tomorrow, but we shall see. I really am terrified of it now that I own it!

Yea Andrea!! So happy you got your machine.

OK my first Vida. Not that difficult thanks to the great tutorial by Steph (I think that you real name:) )

th_MothersDay2011005.jpg

th_MothersDay2011007.jpg

[
the photos I took at home came out awful so this is us on my Mommy day brunch!!

Love the dress and the pictures!

I love to sew though and since last year, I've wanted to get involved with the Big Give and to also make some special things for the children for our next trip to DW. I had a look at the YCMT website and many of the dresses and skrts and bowling shirts listed the amount of fabric needed for the project without actually needing to download the pattern yet. While we have lots of fabric places here, no one sells Disney fabric so this past weekend, we made a trip to a little town on the border that has a Joann's. And incredibly enough, Walmart there also still sells disney fabric. I was in 7th heaven and while I figure I"ve bought too much, I'm excited to get started.

I figure I'll make some things for my own kiddos first as I'd like to practice a bit before I prepare something for the Big Give. A question though: once I do get involved with the Big Give, can you sign up for a project based on the amount of time that you have or is such that you're expected to produce a certain amount? I'm taking a leave of absense from work next month and I'll be home with the children for awhile but I life will still be crazy busy and I'd be afraid to commit to something that I can't always follow through with, especially when the gifts from the Big Give are so special.

Any suggestions on easy things to start with? I've gotten fabric to make two peekaboo pleat skirts, several bowlings shirts for the boys, 2 Marissa dresses, Caroline pillowcase dress as well as fabric for matching ones for Sydney, myself and her doll, 2 round neck top (one to match teh boys bowlings shirts) and 2 round neck sundresses and I'm sure I had other print outs with me that I bought fabric for as well. Kind of over did it I expect but I was so excited to see all the disney fabric that I just can't buy here! :goodvibes

I'm also interested in using appliques but I know that actually making them myself is out of the question. Is there a reliable place that I can buy disney applique's already made that I can sew on to the dresses or tops myself?

Finally question: I'd like to make an audrey skirt for Sydney. She loved the one made for her for the Big Give but its now too small for her. The pattern description on YCMT says that its quilter fabric but when I was at Joann's there was nothing there really appropriate for a skirt like that. Any suggestions of other fabric to look for here?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I didn't realize til I started typing how many I had. :confused3 DH asked last night what my plan was. When I told him, he was very nice but said that while there are many things that I do very well, sewing isnt really one of them LOL. :lmao: I figure I just need practice. :goodvibes

Welcome!

Andrea - Im a floater too - lol....I got too much hoop burn and off centered designs when I tried to hoop the shirt. Here is my 2 cents!!

-Using my grid that came with the hoop and a marking pen I put the dots on the shirt (I do this at the ironing board)
-Hoop some medium weight cut away, spray some 505 spray on the stabilizer
-I use the little marks on the top/bottom and sides of the hoop to line up my dots and stick my shirt onto the stabilizer and smooth it all out.
(for filled designs, I float another layer of stabilizer under the hoop)
(for towels or fleece, I float a layer of wash away stabilzer on top of the hoop)
-Tack Down Stitch
-Happy Stitching!!! KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!
-Sometimes I iron on a piece of the soft meshy stabilizer to keep designs from being itchy (especially for Big Gives who say they are sensitive to materials)

I didnt get a real good pic of the girls in their dresses. I do think that I chose the right size for my girls as across the back, the dresses fit perfectly in the shoulders and arms. It was kind a gappy in the front though, even when tied tightly. They did wear a shirt underneath them just in case. Of course their dad helped them with them in the AM, and he didnt tie the insides!!! Fortunately I noticed it in the parking lot and we quickly fixed that. I did use a knot first, then the bow. The girls REALLY liked them and I did too, but I would have liked them to be a bit smoother across the chest. Also they LOVED their eye spy bats, but the big surprise was that the BIG TEENAGERS love them!!! lol!!! they were so funny and made it a race!!!

Big kids racing
102_3263.jpg

Eliz and I racing - Hannah wearing hers as a purse. She seemed to enjoy telling us what to find than actually finding things (she is 4)
102_3260.jpg

Hannah and I
102_3268.jpg

Hannah after we were 2 hours into it - 600 graduates took a while!!!
102_3269.jpg

102_3280.jpg

Yes, this is my girls acting SILLY!!
102_3281.jpg

All of us including the GRADUATES!!!
102_3286.jpg

Zoey enjoying the hotel life!!! lol
102_3294.jpg

It does seem like a lot of stabilizer...I have done it with only 1 piece "floated", but usually I cut one piece off the roll, then cut it in half to make 2...especially when I am doing Gavin's onesies. I buy the medium weight tearaway on the roll from marathon. I really like it so far...I just bought my 2nd roll.

And yes, "floating" just means to put it under the hoop. The first set of stitches will tack it to the underside of the hoop. I found when I didn't do this at all my satin stitch outlines were sometimes off a little. I'd rather use a little more stabilizer than risk wasting a shirt.

I have some medium weight cutaway like other's have mentioned they use, but I didn't love it as much and my girls complained that it was too stiff.

I know everyone has their own method...some use cut away and spray adhesive, some use sticky+, some hoop the shirt, some use pins and some use tack down stitches. You just need to experiment to find what works best for you.

For example, I use fusible tearaway when appliqueing on cotton (like the boddice for a dress), and hoop the whole thing. My Sticky+ combo I only use on knits.

Thanks again! You are a wealth of knowledge :flower3: All I know is I don't want to hoop my shirts because I really don't want to risk hoop burn. I have a page written down in my notebook with all your tips!

I use the little measuring dots that are on the grid that came with my hoop. I mark the dots on the Sticky+ and I mark them on the inside of the t-shirt.

I prep my shirt by turning it inside out, then ironing on the cutaway fusible. Then I put the grid where I want it, double check that it's centered (I use the measuring thing from my rotary cutter) and then mark the dots. I then lay the T-shirt down on the Sticky+, lining up the dots as I go. I line up the center "line" of dots, then do the top and bottom of the "cross". I used to actually draw a line to connect the dots on both the shirt and the stabilizer, but most times I can do it without the line.

Then I make sure it is all smoothed out and pin around the edges. I carry it over to my machine (I do the hooping on my ironing board) and attach the hoop. I then pull the shirt up out of the way. I like my appliques to be right across the chest and not too low on the stomach, so I usually line the top edge of the measuring grid up just under the seam of the "collar" of the T-shirt.

I can take pictures tonight when I do one of Gavin's onesies if it will help.
More good info! I would love to see apic if you can remember to take one. My machine is out of the box now and sitting on my counter in my sewing/laundry room!

Here's my crazy method. I don't hoop anything anymore, nor do I use a tack down stitch. I don't have time. For me, it's much quicker and easier to just float the shirt. I hoop heavyweight cut away. Then spray a bit of 505 adhesive, turn my shirt inside out, fold it in half lengthwise. Line up the armpits and sides to make sure the fold is perfectly down the middle. (I've got a little arrow on the top and bottom of my hoop showing me where the center is. I place the folder shirt on the right side of the hoop making sure my fold line is lined up with the top&bottom center arrows then unfold it and smooth down the left side. It's perfectly even every time. And I haven't found a need for a tack down stitch. As soon as my first embroidery stitch is down, it works as the same thing. The shirt won't move out of position.

Hope that made sense, and hope it helped.

We're leaving in 4 days and I've got about 10 things left to make. I'm getting there.....as fast as I can! I have so much from last year that my younger daughter could wear from her sister, but it's so hard to not make coordinating/matching things. So first priority was to sew for the older one, who has nothing and then worry about the matchy/matchy.......My poor DS is going to have to deal with shirts that are a hair too short and narrow. Luckily he's a 8yo boy who could care less!
Your method sounds pretty fast and easy! I appreciate all of you taking the time to write out how you do things. I haven't even plugged my machine in yet, but I do have it out of the box!

I have to laugh at your ds -- mine has a tank shirt he got as a hand-me-down from old neighbors. It fit him when he was four. He is now nine and *thinks* it still fits! He is only allowed to wear it to sleep in -- he is forbidden to be seen in public in it.

Andrea - Im a floater too - lol....I got too much hoop burn and off centered designs when I tried to hoop the shirt. Here is my 2 cents!!

-Using my grid that came with the hoop and a marking pen I put the dots on the shirt (I do this at the ironing board)
-Hoop some medium weight cut away, spray some 505 spray on the stabilizer
-I use the little marks on the top/bottom and sides of the hoop to line up my dots and stick my shirt onto the stabilizer and smooth it all out.
(for filled designs, I float another layer of stabilizer under the hoop)
(for towels or fleece, I float a layer of wash away stabilzer on top of the hoop)
-Tack Down Stitch
-Happy Stitching!!! KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!
-Sometimes I iron on a piece of the soft meshy stabilizer to keep designs from being itchy (especially for Big Gives who say they are sensitive to materials)

I didnt get a real good pic of the girls in their dresses. I do think that I chose the right size for my girls as across the back, the dresses fit perfectly in the shoulders and arms. It was kind a gappy in the front though, even when tied tightly. They did wear a shirt underneath them just in case. Of course their dad helped them with them in the AM, and he didnt tie the insides!!! Fortunately I noticed it in the parking lot and we quickly fixed that. I did use a knot first, then the bow. The girls REALLY liked them and I did too, but I would have liked them to be a bit smoother across the chest. Also they LOVED their eye spy bats, but the big surprise was that the BIG TEENAGERS love them!!! lol!!! they were so funny and made it a race!!!

Big kids racing
th_102_3263.jpg

Eliz and I racing - Hannah wearing hers as a purse. She seemed to enjoy telling us what to find than actually finding things (she is 4)
th_102_3260.jpg

Hannah and I
th_102_3268.jpg

Hannah after we were 2 hours into it - 600 graduates took a while!!!
th_102_3269.jpg

th_102_3280.jpg

Yes, this is my girls acting SILLY!!
th_102_3281.jpg

th_102_3286.jpg

Zoey enjoying the hotel life!!! lol
th_102_3294.jpg

Thanks for your tips as well! I'm getting a little more anxious to try something and a little less scared. And GRRRR! b/c I don't have time to run to the store today. I helped dh with a few yard things this morning in addition to finishing touches on reorganizing a few things in my sewing room (and now I have room for more fabric!!!!!) and I did unbox the machine and peruse the manual a bit. I have sulky thread to get me started and the bobbin thread the machine came with, and hopefully after a little practice I can get my marathon order in in a day or two.

I love your pics! I think the Eye Spy bags are fun too! I have probably done Alexa's more than she has! The dresses look really cute on but I can tell in the one pic with you and Hannah that it does gape a bit. I have the ruffled halter pattern and have the same issue with it gaping a wee bit. The dresses look adorable on though!

Congrats to the graduates!

Zoe looks like she enjoys hotel life!

GREAT idea! Now, why didn't I think of that! That little piece of elastic is my favorite part of the VIDA!!!!

Now, once my fabric gets out of the dryer I can start!

(and I did ask mom for measurements again...just to be safe!)

Nini

the only reason I thought of it today was because there was a Vida on the same page as your question, and the light bulb went off :idea:, but if I had been worried about sizing, I never would have thought of it. :rolleyes:

Here's my crazy method. I don't hoop anything anymore, nor do I use a tack down stitch. I don't have time. For me, it's much quicker and easier to just float the shirt. I hoop heavyweight cut away. Then spray a bit of 505 adhesive, turn my shirt inside out, fold it in half lengthwise. Line up the armpits and sides to make sure the fold is perfectly down the middle. (I've got a little arrow on the top and bottom of my hoop showing me where the center is. I place the folder shirt on the right side of the hoop making sure my fold line is lined up with the top&bottom center arrows then unfold it and smooth down the left side. It's perfectly even every time. And I haven't found a need for a tack down stitch. As soon as my first embroidery stitch is down, it works as the same thing. The shirt won't move out of position.

Hope that made sense, and hope it helped.

We're leaving in 4 days and I've got about 10 things left to make. I'm getting there.....as fast as I can! I have so much from last year that my younger daughter could wear from her sister, but it's so hard to not make coordinating/matching things. So first priority was to sew for the older one, who has nothing and then worry about the matchy/matchy.......My poor DS is going to have to deal with shirts that are a hair too short and narrow. Luckily he's a 8yo boy who could care less!

Same as I do for my T-shirts.

Big kids racing
102_3263.jpg

102_3286.jpg

Of course the Big Kids liked it my boys can take any little kids game and make a competition out of it. :rolleyes:

The girls dresses look great, and Congratulations to the graduates.

I got a BIG mother's day surprise this weekend....my very first, very own sewing machine! It's a Brother CS-6000i. (Opinions?) I haven't taken it out of the box yet. The boys just went down for their naps and this is the first moment of peace I've had to even start thinking about it!

I went to JoAnn's yesterday and found several Disney fabrics that had just a yard or a little more on the bolts. So, I bought 1/4 to 1/2 yard and asked for the remainder as a remnant. The lady cutting my fabric was a little cranky and kept telling me I wasn't suppose to act, she was suppose to offer it. Um...ok...I'll wait until you offer. After 2 or 3 fabrics of this, she started just ringing up the remainders as remnants.

I also printed off the first electronic pattern I've ever purchased. It's CarlaC's bowling shirt. And I already have a question.....Do you have to line the whole thing? I was wanting to do a light-weight, cool shirt for the HOT HOT HOT June Disney trip. I haven't read all the instructions, but thought I would ask here while I start reading through....

I got a BIG mother's day surprise this weekend....my very first, very own sewing machine! It's a Brother CS-6000i. (Opinions?) I haven't taken it out of the box yet. The boys just went down for their naps and this is the first moment of peace I've had to even start thinking about it!

I went to JoAnn's yesterday and found several Disney fabrics that had just a yard or a little more on the bolts. So, I bought 1/4 to 1/2 yard and asked for the remainder as a remnant. The lady cutting my fabric was a little cranky and kept telling me I wasn't suppose to act, she was suppose to offer it. Um...ok...I'll wait until you offer. After 2 or 3 fabrics of this, she started just ringing up the remainders as remnants.

I also printed off the first electronic pattern I've ever purchased. It's CarlaC's bowling shirt. And I already have a question.....Do you have to line the whole thing? I was wanting to do a light-weight, cool shirt for the HOT HOT HOT June Disney trip. I haven't read all the instructions, but thought I would ask here while I start reading through....

I lined the very first one I made and my DS hated it. I don't line them at all now. Do you want a quick set of instructions on how I do it?

I've done this several times, so I just had to look up the page numbers, but otherwise I just did this off the top of my head, so if it doesn't make sense, just ask.

OK, I am assuming you have Carla’s pattern and the pages are numbered the same as my copy.

First, I don't add any extra to the bottom of the sleeves and shirt pieces as I cut, as I just do a very small hem. If you want a thicker hem, you will have to add a hem allowance more.

Then follow Carla’s instructions right thru Page 25., then serge or zig zag stitch the seams. Then I serge or zig zag the bottom of the assembled shirt and fold the hem up 1/4 inch and press. (I don’t sew it yet, cause I like to do some top stitching later and do it all at once.)

Back to Carla’s instructions, page 30 – 33 for placket assembly. When you go to attach the placket, just keep the bottom edge folded up and pin in place at the bottom, and continue with the instructions all the way thru page 47.

Now serge or zig zag the bottom edge of your sleeves and press up 1/4 inch to wrong side to make a crease. Fold sleeve back in half right sides together and sew up side seam with ¼ inch seam allowance. Now stitch your hem up, and insert the sleeve per Carla’s instructions.

The last think I do is a little extra topstitching. I start on the placket where it meets the collar, sew to the corner, then down the placket, then across the bottom of the placket and all along the shirt’s hemline to the other placket, then back up and to the collar on the other side.

Clear enough? If you have any extra questions, just ask.

Hello again,
Seeking moral support! Exhausted and stressed from sewing ribbon by hand. I'm the hapless mom who posted a while back that I was going to try to make a rapunzel dress for my daughter as BBB doesn't have them as an option for her 4th birthday (the trip to the boutique is her gift from Dad and I). Well, I'm not a great seamstress so it isn't a copy of Disney's version - it is my own "inspired by Disney" version. I do not have a machine so it is sewn by hand starting with an existing pink easter dress from superstore. Just for those curious -Total cost ended up being $34.00 including the crown and shoes I picked up at Disney store.
230640_10150173378997303_696942302_7195268_3280787_n.jpg

Hello again,
Seeking moral support! Exhausted and stressed from sewing ribbon by hand. I'm the hapless mom who posted a while back that I was going to try to make a rapunzel dress for my daughter as BBB doesn't have them as an option for her 4th birthday (the trip to the boutique is her gift from Dad and I). Well, I'm not a great seamstress so it isn't a copy of Disney's version - it is my own "inspired by Disney" version. I do not have a machine so it is sewn by hand starting with an existing pink easter dress from superstore. Just for those curious -Total cost ended up being $34.00 including the crown and shoes I picked up at Disney store.

BEAUTIFUL. You have much more patience than I. How clever to start with a dress, especially when you're hand sewing. Very nice.

Very clever way to get a discount on the remnants. I made about a half dozen bowling shirts for my nephews earlier this spring. I did not line them since I wanted them to be very lightweight. Follow Tricia's instructions. That's just how I did it!

Hello again,

Extremely creative! I am very impressed with your hand sewing. I never could have done that by hand! I am sure your daughter will have a wonderful time at BBB.

I really, really hate relying on a mother's measurements for a dress! I really think that all of the Simply Sweets I have made for Big Gives have been too loose on the kids.

I have measurements from Mom. She says the daughter normally wears a size 6x. Of course, I have to decide from a size 6 or 7.

The length is falling right between the two sizes, so I feel confident in that measurement...but the waist and chest measurement are falling more in the 2 to 4 range!!!

I have a waist measurement of 20 inches (skin to skin) and 24 inches around her clothes; chest measurement of 21 (skin to skin) and 23 around her clothes.

So...based on these measurements, would you go with the 4 or the 6 or split the difference and go with the 5?

I know the Simply Sweet runs a little big, but that much!!!

I have asked the mom for measurements twice...she took one on her skin and one with her clothes on.

Do I ask for one more?

I guess I 'could' travel to Florida and take them mysle...and while I am there, just head to Disney for a quick visit...but I really doubt my hubby would go for that! LOL

Nini

Nini, when I made my first simply sweet last month my 7 year old daughter measured at 2/4. I remeasured several times. She wears a 6x or 7 in the stores and I made her a size 6. I first cut a 5 bodice and saw it to small so then I did the 6 bodice which fit. It was the only part of the pattern that really perpleaxed me. good luck

Liz

I've done this several times, so I just had to look up the page numbers, but otherwise I just did this off the top of my head, so if it doesn't make sense, just ask.

OK, I am assuming you have Carla’s pattern and the pages are numbered the same as my copy.

First, I don't add any extra to the bottom of the sleeves and shirt pieces as I cut, as I just do a very small hem. If you want a thicker hem, you will have to add a hem allowance more.

Then follow Carla’s instructions right thru Page 25., then serge or zig zag stitch the seams. Then I serge or zig zag the bottom of the assembled shirt and fold the hem up 1/4 inch and press. (I don’t sew it yet, cause I like to do some top stitching later and do it all at once.)

Back to Carla’s instructions, page 30 – 33 for placket assembly. When you go to attach the placket, just keep the bottom edge folded up and pin in place at the bottom, and continue with the instructions all the way thru page 47.

Now serge or zig zag the bottom edge of your sleeves and press up 1/4 inch to wrong side to make a crease. Fold sleeve back in half right sides together and sew up side seam with ¼ inch seam allowance. Now stitch your hem up, and insert the sleeve per Carla’s instructions.

The last think I do is a little extra topstitching. I start on the placket where it meets the collar, sew to the corner, then down the placket, then across the bottom of the placket and all along the shirt’s hemline to the other placket, then back up and to the collar on the other side.

Thanks!! I'll print this out and be back with questions as I work through it!

Hello again,

Fantastic job! I don't know that I would have the patience so kudos to you!!

QUOTE]

I have the CS-6000i and I just love it. It is a great basic machine that makes beautiful buttonholes!

:yay:Now, I have a question for everyone. I have been lusting after an embroidery machine (my husband says "Thanks Dis!"). I found a Simplicity SE2 on craigslist today for $200. That is in my budget! Is it worth it? It comes with a smartbox. Can I do disney stuff? My DD is 9 now, so I am not sure how much cutsy stuff she will keep wearing. Please advise.
Thanks
Stephanie

:yay:

Thanks!! I'll print this out and be back with questions as I work through it!

Fantastic job! I don't know that I would have the patience so kudos to you!!

I bolded the text above...

I second this! well done...For Mother's day I got a bracelett from DD which she made and a Keychain from DS which he made (both in art class) and a Victoria Secret bath products basket with a card from hubby that read:

"I know I owe you a PE770 you will get it..." I was happy and BUMMED and then happy....at least he didn't say No right.

He just couldn't swing it with the shipping. I paid about $160 for my Brother CS6000i which I Love and I paid almost $250 USD to ship it to the island air freight....Yup the shipping cost MORE than the machine...bummer huh.... guess that's life when you live on an island...

In other news....I did order a Bunch of Fabric from Hobby Lobby. This time I was able to ship it through the Post office so I didn't break the bank completly there. One box arrived on island today..:banana::banana::banana:.the other is in no mans land....they have not updated the tracking info on USPS at all and from the looks of it ...it doesn't seem to have left the Oaklahoma city post office yet....UGH...

Sorry for such a long rant.

I love all the beautiful outfits posted lately ...and will be back with a multi quote since I am not feeling lazy today.... I haven't sewn anything in 2 weeks and I am having withdrawels

Congrats to all those who have gotten what they asked/hopped for. Even if it was just to sleep in late! I hope you all enjoyed your day.

Thought I would share...these are the outfits I have been working on for the past 2 weeks. I am right now doing a Vida that I let Lorelei pick all the fabrics for all I can say is WOW do we have different tastes :)

1-NewDressIamMaking030.jpg

Finally got an outfit done for Disney!! Wahoo now only 10 more to go :)

sorry they are so big forgot to resize

So so cute!I love the ruffled outfit for Disney...my trip is in August and as soon as I get my fabric this week I have to get cracking...UGH. What pattern is the top made from?

breaking up my post so I dont have too many photos

shorts
226576_10150171402013458_564578457_6811947_7336816_n.jpg

this is not the greatest photo and I think it's one of my favorites for Megan
221922_10150169864158458_564578457_6798401_7580251_n.jpg

up close
226308_10150169864348458_564578457_6798405_3286837_n.jpg

QUOTE]

I love the Ariel outfit. What is the skirt pattern you used here. The color selection is great. That goes for all outfits here..I always second guess my fabric choices.

Some lovely outfits guys:thumbsup2

I finaly made a Feliz....I would have never have managed it with out the tutorial...thank you:thumbsup2....I would do a few things differently next time but I'm pleased with my first effort.

This is for our dinner at Ohana's

Picture890.jpg

I also made this simply sweet halter....I love this, it was so easy to do, I will definatly be doing this style again:thumbsup2

These are two patterns I love love love and I haven't made either of them yet..

I haven't posted in a long time, but I love to look. I have finally finished several things.

First A dress for a friends DD
ad856ad4.jpg

And I used the scrapes for a skirt for my DD
5756f17d.jpg

I tried my hand at bows
f0be9ea6.jpg

And last for now is DD in a summer outfit I made her
803e4563.jpg

Love the dress and skirt the fabric is gorgeous. I to have just started making bows...its fun but takes practise and patience

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the DIS and to your awesome, amazing, wonderful piece of it, (but not to Disney :goodvibes)! I'm SOO inspired by what I've seen here! I cannot wait to try my hand at some of these types of projects!

I recently finished my first major Mickey sewing project, intended for use on our trip this fall. :woohoo: It can also be worn for a back carry. The decorative fabric was from a receiving blanket three pack I got for a shower gift several years ago. I used the matching blanket to make a nursing cover that has served me for three babies. :)

IMG_0013-1.jpg

Best regards and I look forward to seeing more amazing creations!
C.

Aww great job on your project and what a cutie pie..absolutly precious. and WELCOME! (that's my first time doing that...it does feel good)

Welcome! I can't wait to see your creations!

I am sorry to hear the job fell through. At least you know not to deal with this family anymore!

I like the Ariel one the best too! Good job on all of them!

Both dresses look beautiful!

Looks like you have been busy. You did a good job on all of them.

Welcome! I really like your baby carrier!

I just want to say this to of all you in a mothering role: Happy Mother's Day! It's a tough job and I know you all do the best job you can. I hope your families will show you their appreciation today!

QUESTION

I need your honest opinion on this dress. I made it for our August trip but I don't know if it is too "loud"!

MinnieJamie.jpg

It's the new Jamie dress pattern. I really like how it cinches my waist (it makes me look quite slim!) I just don't know if I overdid the Minnie dots or not. I am debating if I should switch the straps to black instead of the Minnie dots. Sometimes what I envisioned in my head just don't quite work out the way they should!

I am going to CASE this too so you can add me to your copy cat list....What a cute dress...I love it. Dont change a thing!

OK my first Vida. Not that difficult thanks to the great tutorial by Steph (I think that you real name:) )

MothersDay2011005.jpg

MothersDay2011013.jpg

the photos I took at home came out awful so this is us on my Mommy day brunch!!

Love it another pattern on my list. Can you link or pm me the tutorial please I would love to have it on file. I think the Fabric choices are great too!

boo, it is too small for Ariana :headache:

Not sure what I did wrong but obviously it needs to be bigger (and she isn't a big baby quite small actually)

Anyhoo, if I have time I will make one that fits, and if I can just find the one doll we have in the house (I suspect that will change as Ariana gets older but the boys aren't fussed with them LOL) she will have a lovely wee stripey dress.

April006.jpg

Thanks again for everyones photos and stuff it is an inspiration.

Kirsten

Awww...so cute...bummer that it didn't fit...but they are so beginner friendly that I bet you could whip up another in no time flat.

102_3286.jpg

Again I love the wrap dresses and I am adding this to my pattern wish list...OMG that list and my to do project list are out of control..you guys are totally enablers...

I think I lost some of my quotes( and to remove some pics as I had quoted to many....I'll check back again later on tonight...to see what else I can see....thinking about new projects gets me so excited is that strange?

Wendy.... such cute pictures. Your nieces looked adorable in those dresses.:goodvibes

Andrea... SewforLess.com is having a sale on stabilizer and spray. I have not tried their stabilizer but I have ordered other items from there and they have shipped pretty quickly.

I really, really hate relying on a mother's measurements for a dress! I really think that all of the Simply Sweets I have made for Big Gives have been too loose on the kids.

I have measurements from Mom. She says the daughter normally wears a size 6x. Of course, I have to decide from a size 6 or 7.

The length is falling right between the two sizes, so I feel confident in that measurement...but the waist and chest measurement are falling more in the 2 to 4 range!!!

I have a waist measurement of 20 inches (skin to skin) and 24 inches around her clothes; chest measurement of 21 (skin to skin) and 23 around her clothes.

So...based on these measurements, would you go with the 4 or the 6 or split the difference and go with the 5?

I know the Simply Sweet runs a little big, but that much!!!

I have asked the mom for measurements twice...she took one on her skin and one with her clothes on.

Do I ask for one more?

I guess I 'could' travel to Florida and take them mysle...and while I am there, just head to Disney for a quick visit...but I really doubt my hubby would go for that! LOL
Nini

That's why I get so scared to do any customs for the BG. I'll stick with Tshirts and autograph books. My poor DD gets tired of me always asking her to try something on.:lmao:

boo, it is too small for Ariana :headache:

Not sure what I did wrong but obviously it needs to be bigger (and she isn't a big baby quite small actually)

Anyhoo, if I have time I will make one that fits, and if I can just find the one doll we have in the house (I suspect that will change as Ariana gets older but the boys aren't fussed with them LOL) she will have a lovely wee stripey dress.

April006.jpg

Thanks again for everyones photos and stuff it is an inspiration.

Kirsten

I know how you feel. I thought I could be clever and try my hand at pattern making:sad2: The bodice came out so small that I don't think it will even fit my 4 year old niece.:rolleyes1

Hello again,

WOW you did a great job.

I think I lost some of my quotes( and to remove some pics as I had quoted to many....I'll check back again later on tonight...to see what else I can see....thinking about new projects gets me so excited is that strange?

:lmao: Then I am strange too:thumbsup2

AWESOME!!! I had been wondering the same thing myself!!! Thanks for these!

Hello again,

WOW!!!:worship: That looks beautiful!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter