Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krysta

I am so so sorry for your families loss. I will keep you all in my prayers in the coming days.

Prayers for Baby Madison's family. This must be so hard. :hug:

Question:

Have any of you ever received any negative comments about items you've made, or chosen to make?

The reason I am asking... An aquaintace (the mother to a friend of my dd's - and I am not sure that I'd call this one of her good friends - just a classmate for years - they don't hang out together or anything) made a comment about Allison's dress for the wedding on my FB page... I thought it sounded kind of rude and I am actually a little hurt by it. :sad1: Her comment was: "this is a wedding outfit? cute." Maybe I am just jumping to conclusions - but it really irritated me.

Here's the picture to remind you:
aCIMG8929.jpg

D~ <--- sorry for venting. :rolleyes1

I also think the comment is rude, and would never say something like that.

OTOH, this would not be appropriate dress for any of the weddings I have been to for the past couple of years (more formal type weddings) It would have been perfect for my little brother's wedding though. Little less formal, 2nd wedding for both.

Krysta,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for the entire family. This must be so very difficult. Just please know that you all have an angel taking care of you....

She looks so precious and peaceful. Perfect. Now she is in a perfect place.

Hugs and prayers

Here is what I have finished so far for this year's trip

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

The Cinderella one has shiny silver splotches, I don't think you will be able to see in the photo.

I just have to purchase the material to make a Rupunzel dress now. She also has Belle from last year's trip.

Here's the link to the Mickey Mouse Cake Pops http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-dis...15-disney-bakerella-mickey-mouse-cake-pops-t/
Beautiful!! Love the dresses!!

198979_208015885878817_126681190678954_852298_6184015_n.jpg

My beautiful niece Madison Sophia[/QUOTE]

Update:

Baby Madison is on her way to heaven. A beautiful little angel.
So sorry for your family's loss. Such a beauty. Prayers are with the family.

Question:

Have any of you ever received any negative comments about items you've made, or chosen to make?

The reason I am asking... An aquaintace (the mother to a friend of my dd's - and I am not sure that I'd call this one of her good friends - just a classmate for years - they don't hang out together or anything) made a comment about Allison's dress for the wedding on my FB page... I thought it sounded kind of rude and I am actually a little hurt by it. :sad1: Her comment was: "this is a wedding outfit? cute." Maybe I am just jumping to conclusions - but it really irritated me.

aCIMG8929.jpg

Maybe she is jealous cause she cant make it!!! It is a lovely outfit and shes not in her 20s shes a teen totally ok to wear!!

Question:

aCIMG8929.jpg

I think that the comment is very rude. I would have been irritated also. I am sure you made something that is completely appropriate for the event you are attending and I think it is beautiful. My younger DD would absolutely love this outfit!

These are so cute! I want to make a Cinderella dress for my 4 year old niece. Where did you find the instructions for adding the peplum? I'm afraid to just wing it!

Thanks!

Lori in East Podunk

If you go to the bookmarks and click on costumes, then on simply sweet it will direct you to the Scientific Seamstress blog. The tutorial is for the AG doll dress, but it works the same for kids. I didn't have the full length for the peplum-it was a few inches short. I also would have made the width a few inches short as I do a very full skirt so the peplum was very gathered.

Update:

Baby Madison is on her way to heaven. A beautiful little angel.

So sorry to hear about your niece.

Question:

Has anyone bought :wizard: the generic Embroidery hoops for their machine? I have a Brother 780D and would like to get more hoops....

Thanks!!

I have the 780D and bought one a 4x4 from ebay. It was a Brother hoop, and I didn't pay alot of money for it, because I can be cheap. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter