Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserve a rental is on my to do list. Can I have the directions please?

oh sorry :blush:

Take I4 toward Sanford. Exit at Altamonte Springs (436 exit). Left over freeway on 436 go through 5 lights and there is an awesome Joanns at the corner of 436 and 434.

The quilt store (nice fabric!) is called the Sewing Studio.
Take 436 east to 17-92 make a right. Take 17-92 approx 2 miles and shop will be on the left.

Both stores are worth the trip! If you leave Joann's and head toward the Sewing Studio, you will pass a mall with a Build a Bear, Barnes and Noble and Movie theater (in case you wanted to do other shopping).

There is also a Walmart behind the Joanns and a Target across the street from Joanns.

The Sewing Studio is also a Babylock dealer and Joanns sells lots of machines.

oh sorry :blush:

Take I4 toward Sanford. Exit at Altamonte Springs (436 exit). Left over freeway on 436 go through 5 lights and there is an awesome Joanns at the corner of 436 and 434.

The quilt store (nice fabric!) is called the Sewing Studio.
Take 436 east to 17-92 make a right. Take 17-92 approx 2 miles and shop will be on the left.

Both stores are worth the trip! If you leave Joann's and head toward the Sewing Studio, you will pass a mall with a Build a Bear, Barnes and Noble and Movie theater (in case you wanted to do other shopping).

There is also a Walmart behind the Joanns and a Target across the street from Joanns.

YEAH! Thanks a MILLION! All of my usual shopping in one place! What's the name of the Mall?

Ugh I can't get my machine to recognize a PES design.

THis is the first time this has happened to me. When I try the DST version it says it is to big for my hoop. It was the last shirt I needed for one of my gives.

Going to go work on 2 tinkerbell shirts instead.

I had a problem with a design I bought around Xmas. It would start to stitch, then go back to the starting spot. I emailed the digitizer, and she had it on another program, and sent me that one. The second one worked fine. Why not email them and see if they've had any problems with that design?

Question

Comic book boards Where do you get them from? Amazon has them at a good price ($5.99/100 pack) but it's $15.99 shipping! :scared1: Does anyone know of a good place to get some, where shipping doesn't break the bank?

Thanks! :lovestruc

D~ <---- who is hoping that DH will install the counter in her sewing room today...

You should find them in a local Comic Book store.

I had a problem with a design I bought around Xmas. It would start to stitch, then go back to the starting spot. I emailed the digitizer, and she had it on another program, and sent me that one. The second one worked fine. Why not email them and see if they've had any problems with that design?

You should find them in a local Comic Book store.

Sally thanks I did that waiting to hear back.

Whew!! I am finally caught up. We spent the weekend working in the yard. We are in the process of a very big redo and should finish next weekend. It leaves no time for sewing but you cant have it all!

My Sewing/Craft Space:]

Needless to say, I'm loving my space. When I am working I pull out the ironing floor and put it in the middle of the room.

I am sooo jealous of your view! Your space is beautiful.
I ordered it from ETSY. It comes from Japan. A yard was a little pricey at $25 but I only need a yard to make two sets of shorts size 4 & 6. So if I divide that by half it is about $12 for shorts and that is how much I normally would pay. :rolleyes1
See that was the reasoning I used on DH when he saw how much I paid.:lmao:

I use the same reasoning when purchasing sometimes. DH calls it Mary Math.
Would you be able to link the etsy shop you mentioned, I think it was THISTHATfromJapan, I tried to search it out on etsy but didn't find it, maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.

I made ds's tutor and the kids' teacher (they are in the same class as 1-3rd grade is together) identical gifts for Teacher's Day -- well sort of identical ~ same items, different colors.

008-3.jpg

012-3.jpg

I never did notebooks covers. I may still do them for just little memo pads that they can toss in the totes, but if I don't get them done I'm not going to worry b/c I think (hope) they'll be pretty happy with what I did get done.

What luck teachers your kiddos have. Very nice!
I must have missed a page b/c I'm seeing things quoted that I never saw!

Anyway, QUESTION time: It's the Brother PE 770 that ds needs to tell dh that they should buy me for Mother's Day, right? It's only available refurbished on Overstock now but it's $660 on QVC so if that's the correct one I'll have ds e-mail dh the link. I refuse to get a refurbished one.

I paid about $750.00 for mine on HSN a year ago. I wouldn't buy refurbished either.
Here is the pink Cinderella dress I made for Princess Peanut's Wish Trip. I'm so happy they were able to go!

226656_10150167954453160_677208159_6887550_5698104_n.jpg

This is just darling.

Questions?

If by chance I might need to order some thread and prewound bobbins for the PE770 I am confused as to what to order.

Bobbins are sided and sideless:confused3
What do I buy???
Do I buy sided or sideless?
Do I buy Polyester filament or spun polyester?
Do I buy a set of black and a set of white?
What size set is recommended -- I'd rather order more than not enough?

For thread I was planning on the 50 most popular colors. Do I buy the polyester collection or the rayon collection?

And scissors are included with the PE770??? Are they decent or do I need to buy something better? I assume the hoops come with the machine, correct?

I reread alot of the questions and answers posted by Vester on part 24 or I'd have even more questions. I would just really appreciate any detailed help i can get on ordering from Marathon.

Is there anything else I would need to order from Marathon? I assume I can just get spray adhesive from Joanns and I already have plenty of stabilizer from hand appliqueing.

Dh will have to help me with a thumb drive and all the computer things.

And HEATHERSUE, how about a ShihTzu design and some horses (Bella Sara style would be perfect!!)?

Thanks ladies and gent(s).
I bought my PE770 from HSN over a year ago and love it, I use the bobbin thread that came with it. I tried to use the prewounds from Marathon but it ended up in the shop both times so now I wind my own. When that ran low I went to my local brother dealer and bought whatever spool they recommended and haven't had any problems yet.
I ordered the most popular Rayon colors set from Marathon, because someone here recommended them and I couldn't be happier. Someone did once say the polyester could melt under a hot iron so I just stuck with the rayon. I ordered online on a Friday and had them on Monday.

I bought a can of spray adhesive at Joanns but have never used it.

I think a good pair of curved scissors are worth it but I also think thats a personal preference sort of thing. I did use the scissors that came with the machine for a week or so and then invested in scissors when Joanns had a sale.

I wish I could help you with the PE770 - sadly, I don't own one yet. :lovestruc I am hoping soon though.

I just wanted to stop in and show a picture of dd's skirt for the wedding... again, I let her choose the fabric and the pattern - I just sewed. :wizard: I really love how this one turned out.

aCIMG8929.jpg

aCIMG8930.jpg

D~

So cute!

I made these outfits for Avy's wish trip. The mom was intersted in Candyland outfits for GKTW so I made Vidas for Avy and her sister Ella. AboveH20 was kind enough to applique coordinating shirts for the boys and she made Avy and Ella some cute purses with gingerbread men in them too (hopefully she'll post hers soon).

Avy's dress is Princess Frostine with the purple and blues and Ella has Princess Lolli with the pinks and oranges:
097-1.jpg

108-1.jpg

111-1.jpg

104-1.jpg

112-1.jpg

105-1.jpg

SEW creative !!!! I love them!

IMG_1939.jpg

I purchased a candy font that was waaaay too big for the t-shirts so decided to make little bags for the girls.

IMG_1933.jpg

They ended up being smaller than I expected (don't know why, the first try was too big!) so I decided to put something in them.

IMG_1934.jpg

Those ITH (in the hoop) gingerbread men can be a little addicting.
I love it all but I really love those gingerbread men!
The next time I decide it's a good idea to make an outfit with 13 embroidery designs, could someone come over and bop me over the head?
No bopping from me just can't wait to see it!

Thanks NiNi :hug:

I am going to have to go read up on stabilizers and look into that Brother as well.
I bought my machine a year ago and knew nothing about stabilizers a year ago but there is a lot of info on line if you google it. From there I bought a little of this and a little of that until I found what I liked.

I have an applique question for you experts if you don't mind. I have a singer sewing machine and I have been doing some appliqued shirts for my girls for their birthdays - cupcakes with a number candle on it for their age. I used Target tees with iron on tear away stabilizer on the back of the shirt. The directions I used were from a tutorial that someone posted on here (wonderful, btw!!).

Anyway, I've been running into an issue of the shirt ripping along the edge of the applique in some places. Like my older DD's tee ripped all along the bottom of her cupcake after I washed it. I'm using a tight zigzag stitch with the tension set on auto or slightly looser (like 1/2 way between auto and -1) and a satin stitch foot. I've done a bunch of other appliques with the same shirts on my old machine without a problem using the same stabilizer.

A woman at a sewing supply store suggested that I also use an interfacing and lower the tension on the stitch. So, would this be the correct thing to do? Is the tension my main issue? If not, then what could be causing this?

I have to may my little one's first birthday shirt for next week, so I could really use any help you can give! Thank you!!

fbx

The birthday skirt is done!
ok what am i doing wrong, I copied it from facebook, onto the mountain with a sun and all I get is a red box!
you will have to trust me the skirt and the daughter are beautiful:rotfl:

Hi Everyone!!

I finally finished my 2 wrap dresses for the girls! I did Hannahs (pink trim) first and then did Elizabeths, using some of Carla's strategy's!! lol....Im so worried they wont fit the girls right. They look kinda low cut??? They are going to wear them this weekend at their Big Brother and Sister in Law's graduation from College. Im packing my needle and thread and some safety pins!!! lol..Also made some eye spy bags to help with the long ride out to Cedarville, OH.
102_3258.jpg

102_3257.jpg

102_3256.jpg

102_3255.jpg

Aimeeg - love the rapunzel. We just saw it for the first time over the weekend and my boys love Pascal.

LOVE this set. We're really into Punzel around here. I assume this is the Insa skirt. I just ordered my book, so I haven't gotten my pattern yet, but I was looking at some other tuts and see that you can add elastic between each top panel?? Is this right. And it doesn't look like you do this, so obviously you don't have to??

Thanks!

No, you don't have to put the elastic. Personally, I dont think I like them with the elastic, so I don't use it either.

Hi Everyone!!

I finally finished my 2 wrap dresses for the girls! I did Hannahs (pink trim) first and then did Elizabeths, using some of Carla's strategy's!! lol....Im so worried they wont fit the girls right. They look kinda low cut??? They are going to wear them this weekend at their Big Brother and Sister in Law's graduation from College. Im packing my needle and thread and some safety pins!!! lol..Also made some eye spy bags to help with the long ride out to Cedarville, OH.
102_3258.jpg

102_3257.jpg

102_3256.jpg

102_3255.jpg

Very nice and colourful. Good plan taking the pins and thread, never hurts to be prepared.

The "Happily Ever After" Collection continues with Belle.

230423_220542261293442_210534112294257_995007_5531033_n.jpg

Good job with this outfit!

The next time I decide it's a good idea to make an outfit with 13 embroidery designs, could someone come over and bop me over the head?

Yikes! Did I read it correctly? 13?!

I know I sound like a broken record but please pray for our state. Flash flooding started last night. It has been awful. Our backyard filled up almost to the door last night and the tiny creek at the back of our subdivision overflowed and uprooted a section of privacy fence (that was concreted in!) and washed it down the street. The same thing happened four door down at my inlaws -- the neighbor's fence ended up in his front yard! The main highway by our house flooded overnight. And we are no where near the 100 year flood plain in our area!!!

My DS spent the weekend with my mom -- about 45 minutes away -- and every road and highway except one that was almost an hour out of the way and very COUNTRY was flooded. I am a better swimmer than DH and don't fear the water like he does so I went to go get DS. I actually took his life vest with me in case we got stranded on the way back home. Thank GOD that the road remained above water -- the yards we past were just like lakes!!! I knew I wouldn't cross ANY standing water but I was afraid of idiots who would cause accidents and get me stranded. DS was terrified of the flooding and wanted to come home so I went. And all the while it was storming like crazy!! I was never so happy to hit the interstate and get home!

As we drove across the river, you could see complete boat docks that had come apart from their moorings floating down the river with boats still attached! They were all smashed up!! Some were even stuck under bridge pilings. We also saw a house boat turned upside down floating down the river. Such destruction!!!!

I think our area got between 6 and 10 inches of rain last night and they are predicting another 6 or so by tomorrow night.

So please pray for us -- especially those who have already lost their homes to tornadoes in the past few weeks and are now suffering through these horrible flash floods. We have had it relatively easy and it has been hard on our nerves....

I am sorry to hear about all the storms in your area lately. I am glad that you and your son were able to get home safely. I will continue to pray for the people affected by nature's forces, including your family.

I know how that is - I have a cousin I stopped sewing for too - I made her DD 3 outfits for her baby shower - never saw her in one of them. I did embroider some shirts for her DD's first trip, but made her buy the shirts and then sit with me a decide what designs she wanted - she paid for any I didn't already have. Other than that, I'm not doing anything else for her. And definitely NOT for the principal at my mom's school, unless something changes.

I hope she is just behind on saying thanks, or else no more customs for her. Sometimes I wonder if people think that handmade things are cheaper - but they really aren't - have you seen the prices on customs over on etsy!!

The ducks have a pretty cute story (and that isn't even all of them because Isabel steals them, lol. Anyhow, On our one moth of dating anniversary, I couldn't spend the day with my now DH because I was at church helping with a baby shower. They had all sorts of little stuffed an rubber toys on the tables that you could take with you when you left - I grabbed up two of them and when I saw him later that day I gave him one (and saved the other for our 2 month anniversary). It was such a short time I really wouldn't have gotten him an actual gift, but it was a silly/cute things to do. After that I gave him a duckie every month for the first year or two and then only started giving them for big things - like anniversary (years), birthday and Christmas - I usually add one as part of whatever big gift I'm giving him. His mom actually bought him the cabinet they are when he was still living at home (I was 17 and he was 18 almost 19 when we started dating) - we kept it when we got married and moved away

In some ways your post makes me feel better about not sewing for my niece/nephew. The sad thing is, I get more satisfaction from sewing for the Big Gives than making things for my niece and nephew because of the recipients' reactions.

And that's a cute story about the ducks!

I finally got pics of the crocheted stuff.
Bunny in pjs & her bunny toy
231100_10150227000548245_606948244_8546022_5273336_n.jpg

229483_10150227000738245_606948244_8546024_7346908_n.jpg

Doll for dd4
227308_10150227000888245_606948244_8546025_5003921_n.jpg

Airplane for ds
229259_10150227000443245_606948244_8546021_3669531_n.jpg

Very cute. You did a good job on them!

Oh..one more thing. I am going to go with an Embrodery Machine for my mothers day gift ( and a side cutter presserfoot for my current sewing machine) and I am looking for suggested models. I have a Brother Sewing Machine. Which machines do you guys have? Do you love it and why?

One thing I do want is to be able to download files to the machine so I can do those cute Disney and other appliques..

What supplies do I absolutly need when I start doing embrodery..I keep reading about stabalizors and I am so lost...but excited :confused3

Wow that was alot ....

thanks!

I have heard lots of good things about the Brother 770. I am still quite happy with my 270D (even though I have a serious case of hoop envy!)

Oh this is pretty too - it looks quite nice without the "poof" factor.

I have an applique question for you experts if you don't mind. I have a singer sewing machine and I have been doing some appliqued shirts for my girls for their birthdays - cupcakes with a number candle on it for their age. I used Target tees with iron on tear away stabilizer on the back of the shirt. The directions I used were from a tutorial that someone posted on here (wonderful, btw!!).

Anyway, I've been running into an issue of the shirt ripping along the edge of the applique in some places. Like my older DD's tee ripped all along the bottom of her cupcake after I washed it. I'm using a tight zigzag stitch with the tension set on auto or slightly looser (like 1/2 way between auto and -1) and a satin stitch foot. I've done a bunch of other appliques with the same shirts on my old machine without a problem using the same stabilizer.

A woman at a sewing supply store suggested that I also use an interfacing and lower the tension on the stitch. So, would this be the correct thing to do? Is the tension my main issue? If not, then what could be causing this?

I have to may my little one's first birthday shirt for next week, so I could really use any help you can give! Thank you!!

I wonder if the quality of the shirts have changed? I usually use cut away on knits for more stability, so I don't know if that would help.

Hi Everyone!!

th_102_3258.jpg

th_102_3257.jpg

th_102_3256.jpg

th_102_3255.jpg

Cute dresses! Those eye spy bags look fun!

I drool over that Chip N Dale fabric ... I really want to get some to make the boys some outfits for when we go ... DH might have a heart attack though - on a big family reunion trip as a kid, one of the chipmunks scared the beejeezus out of one of the younger kids and DH's brother went on the defensive and got into a tussle with the chipmunk :lmao: Needless to say, DH is a little apprehensive when it comes to those two :rotfl:
:lmao: That is too funny

:worship: WOW I love those bags. I have a bag fetish! You know my bday is coming up next mth:lmao:

Great outfits!

Thanks for the compliment! And 13 embroidery designs can't wait to see what you are making.

Here is the pink Cinderella dress I made for Princess Peanut's Wish Trip. I'm so happy they were able to go!

226656_10150167954453160_677208159_6887550_5698104_n.jpg

Love it. She must be so excited to wear it.

Questions?

If by chance I might need to order some thread and prewound bobbins for the PE770 I am confused as to what to order.

Bobbins are sided and sideless:confused3
What do I buy???
Do I buy sided or sideless?
Do I buy Polyester filament or spun polyester?
Do I buy a set of black and a set of white?
What size set is recommended -- I'd rather order more than not enough?

For thread I was planning on the 50 most popular colors. Do I buy the polyester collection or the rayon collection?

And scissors are included with the PE770??? Are they decent or do I need to buy something better? I assume the hoops come with the machine, correct?

I reread alot of the questions and answers posted by Vester on part 24 or I'd have even more questions. I would just really appreciate any detailed help i can get on ordering from Marathon.

Is there anything else I would need to order from Marathon? I assume I can just get spray adhesive from Joanns and I already have plenty of stabilizer from hand appliqueing.

Dh will have to help me with a thumb drive and all the computer things.

I have the PE770 too and love it. I ordered some extra hoops from MrSew&Vac and those actually fit better than the hoop that came with the machine. The scissors that come with the machine are only good for cutting thread. I use embroidery scissors for cutting the fabric.

As for the bobbins I wind my own and use the brother embroidery bobbin thread that I can purchase at my local sewing store.

HTH

So pretty. Your DD has great choices in fabric.

OMG you did an awesome job.

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

Those ITH (in the hoop) gingerbread men can be a little addicting.

WOW those are too cute too! Makes me want to go play Candy Lane with the kids.

:Birthday girl as Alice - she had a vest for Easter that matched dd7's skirt
230312_10150226085498245_606948244_8533124_7990956_n.jpg

Too cute. Love that little white rabbit!

Thanks.

I finally got pics of the crocheted stuff.
Bunny in pjs & her bunny toy
231100_10150227000548245_606948244_8546022_5273336_n.jpg

Those came out great.

I use the same reasoning when purchasing sometimes. DH calls it Mary Math.
Would you be able to link the etsy shop you mentioned, I think it was THISTHATfromJapan, I tried to search it out on etsy but didn't find it, maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.
:lmao:
Here's the link:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/67006169/japanese-fabric-chip-and-dale-autumn-one

Those came out adorable.

Aimeeg...somehow I lost your quote. Love the Rupunzel & Belle dress

your Gift sets are AMAZING!!! the teachers will LOVE them!!!! Great job!!

I was there once, and It really just wasnt for me. There is a TON of fabric, but a lot of it was for costuming and upholstry and gowns and stuff - the stuff I like was more expensive than Joann's. There were a lot of unique zippers and buttons though!! The stores are super jammed -Billy ended up staying outside most of them because he could hardly fit through the isles!!!:lmao: I'd say that was a good 4 years ago though - so maybe its different now?????

QUESTIONWith the wraptop dress - are any of you afraid the bow will come undone? Do you put a snap or a button or anything under the bow????

I have only een to fabric row once too. I am about 30 min outside Philly. I would love to go again but like Wendy - most is more expensive than I want to spend.

Wendy I made one wrap top and the ribbin did keep coming undone. I will add a button or hook n eye when I make any others.

FAVOR for any that have tested one of my designs then used it in an outfit or if you have bought one of my designs - could you please post a pic on either the etsy page or FB page. both are the same as my DIS name. I would be awesome if you could. Thank you!

Hello!
A friend of mine is looking for someone who makes custom Disney pin trading lanyards. Maybe something with a Star Wars theme?
I can't find anyone. I figured I'd bring my question to you folks!
:0)
Thanks!
Sarah

Hi girls! I rarely post, but I read this thread religiously throughout the day. You are all such a great place for inspiration! I've come to the realization that I only sew under serious pressure!!!!! We're leaving for disney in 11 days, I've got 5 outfits done and atleast 12 more to go!

My 3yo said to me tonight "Mommy, you need to start sewing faster because we are leaving for Disneyworld in a few days!" UGGHHH!!!

I will posts some pics as soon as I get a break!

In the meantime I've got a super quick question, on the simply sweet dresses, my DD complains that the bodice/skirt seam bothers her. I totally see what she means, It's a thick seam where the bodice top (3 layers) attaches to the gathered skirt. I don't own a serger, so I'm zigzagging that seam after it's attached. It's pretty thick and rough. Any ideas on how I can make that more comfortable????? I thought about fusible interfacing, but I don't think it's gonna stay put there.

Any other ideas?:
Thanks!

P1020626.jpg

I just wanted to share the Rosetta bag I made, I used lace for the ruffles.. Love the way it turned out!

Uff.. That's huge! I'm so sorry! I'm posting from my iPad, and instill figuring out this cut and paste thing on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter