Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your dresses are wonderful and mom was VERY appreciative. I'm sooooo far behind in commenting that I actually wrote it on my list of things to do today. (Haven't gotten to it yet, but I mowed the lawn for the first time this year - husband planned his out of town trip well!)

Here are the t-shirts I made for the boys. Mom wanted something for Candyland, and try as I might I couldn't find anything boyish and don't have Andrea's hand applique skills. I made single color gingerbread men, hoping they look like the game pieces from Candyland.

IMG_1939.jpg

I purchased a candy font that was waaaay too big for the t-shirts so decided to make little bags for the girls.

IMG_1933.jpg

They ended up being smaller than I expected (don't know why, the first try was too big!) so I decided to put something in them.

IMG_1934.jpg

Those ITH (in the hoop) gingerbread men can be a little addicting.
These are all adorable as well. The Gingerbread men look just like the Candyland pieces... you are one Smart Cookie!
Yay for mowing the lawn. I just did mine, too except I mowed mine because hubby is coming home for his R&R break! He'll be here for 2 weeks and we are headed to WDW for Mother's Day weekend with my sister and her family! :cheer2: I can't wait!

:eek: How did I miss an entire thread?!? I can't promise that I'll keep up this time, but I'll try. I miss being here, but 3 kids & a full time job is killing me. I feel like I never get to sew anymore either. I did get stuff put together for Easter & it did double duty for dd4(5 on Thursday)'s birthday party. Well, really they were for the party & they worked for Easter 'cause I didn't have time to do both.

Birthday girl as Alice - she had a vest for Easter that matched dd7's skirt
230312_10150226085498245_606948244_8533124_7990956_n.jpg

225634_10150226084738245_606948244_8533115_3421485_n.jpg

DD7 as the Mad Hatter
222774_10150226083243245_606948244_8533085_2122574_n.jpg

225660_10150226085618245_606948244_8533125_5295201_n.jpg

DS as the White Rabbit
229668_10150226085238245_606948244_8533121_510600_n.jpg

And the mome raths just for fun.
228711_10150226085993245_606948244_8533132_4787951_n.jpg

If I get pics taken of their Easter toys, I'll post them. I've started crocheting at night while watching tv. For some reason it seems less trouble that clearing the table to sew - probably because it is. :rotfl:

ETA: I've apparently forgotten how to post pics too. Hope it works this time.

Questions?

If by chance I might need to order some thread and prewound bobbins for the PE770 I am confused as to what to order.

Bobbins are sided and sideless:confused3
What do I buy???
Do I buy sided or sideless?
Do I buy Polyester filament or spun polyester?
Do I buy a set of black and a set of white?
What size set is recommended -- I'd rather order more than not enough?

For thread I was planning on the 50 most popular colors. Do I buy the polyester collection or the rayon collection?

And scissors are included with the PE770??? Are they decent or do I need to buy something better? I assume the hoops come with the machine, correct?

I reread alot of the questions and answers posted by Vester on part 24 or I'd have even more questions. I would just really appreciate any detailed help i can get on ordering from Marathon.

Is there anything else I would need to order from Marathon? I assume I can just get spray adhesive from Joanns and I already have plenty of stabilizer from hand appliqueing.

Dh will have to help me with a thumb drive and all the computer things.

And HEATHERSUE, how about a ShihTzu design and some horses (Bella Sara style would be perfect!!)?

Thanks ladies and gent(s).

I have the 770....I use the sided plastic bobbins. (I like them, because you can actually reuse them.) Scissors are included with the machine...but they aren't all that great! I use only white in the bobbins, unless I am doing something in the hoop. Then I would wind a bobbin of the top color for that specific project. I actually wind a bobbin of each of the colors and put it on the thread rack under the spool. That way it is all ways ready for me if I need it.

The 770 comes with one hoop. THAT drove me crazy! I spent so much time hooping....now I bought a set of 4 different hoops from ebay, and I can have my second shirt hooped while the first is still stitching. (close by, of course!)

Has anyone seen a Bruce from Nemo applique design? I KNOW I have seen it somewhere, but did not book mark it and can't find it now. It is the last design I need for that day's shirts. Of course, the birthday boy wants that and only that applique for his birthday shirt and lunch at Coral Reef!

Nini

Here is the pink Cinderella dress I made for Princess Peanut's Wish Trip. I'm so happy they were able to go!

226656_10150167954453160_677208159_6887550_5698104_n.jpg

This is so beautiful! I hope they are having a good time there right now and not having any fever issues.

I spent hours trying to make the Mickey Mouse Cake Pops for my niece's birthday. Never again. Darn, should have taken a photo-since I won't be making them again.

I have a lot of catching up to do. I rarely have time to look at all the beautiful clothes. I'm now organizing a fridge swap, and trying to get some dresses done. I know how fast my trip starts creeping up.

Must get to bed. More parties tomorrow-birthdays and 1st communion.

Sounds like you had a busy day. Hopefully you will get some time to sew soon.

I managed to get 4 shirts finished and one half done yesterday afternoon. And 3 Rosetta bags cut and started. I was surprised how fast everything went when you aren't having to fiddle with the machine! I'm not 100% happy with the way it stitches on fills, but appliques look really good. (not that I do much fills anyway!)

I didn't get a final count of how many raffle tickets were purchased for my Pink Rosetta bag; but when I left, 2 hours after the event started, it was up to 47 and there were still people in line to purchase the tickets. Since the event didn't officially end until lunch time yesterday, I won't know the final count until Monday afternoon.

It was not displayed very nice, just laying on a table with a bunch of other junk they were selling. I was really surprised that it was even noticed. Most of the people that bought tickets were word of mouth...and there was a stack of my business cards there in case anyone wanted one...

I am hoping my sewing student cancels tomorrow. Again. I really have some shopping to do at Joann's. As often as she cancels, her baby will be here before she even gets started on the quilt! But since I have something I really need to get done, she will be here with bells on!

To all those hit by the storms, my heart and prayers go out to you. To the family members of all those still missing, I can only image the pain of not knowing. To all those helping, even in some small way, I know the victims are very grateful.

All of my family and extended family made it through safely. (we just heard from the final few yesterday) Those in North Alabama have managed to contact us, even though they are without power. (power not expected to be on for a couple of weeks) My Son in laws family were extremely lucky. They didn't even loose a single shingle off their roof after at least FIVE tornadoes touched down a few yards from their house. Friday evening, they found two bodies in the field across the street from their house. So far, they are unidentified.

On a good note, we are going to be able to take advantage of free dining again this year. I really need to get busy making customs....oh wait a minute. My daughter won't wear customs this year. That's right, I get to make T SHIRTS only!

Nini

Glad to hear your machine is behaving again. I hope lots of tickets were sold for your Rosetta bag.

Questions?

If by chance I might need to order some thread and prewound bobbins for the PE770 I am confused as to what to order.

What do I buy???

For thread I was planning on the 50 most popular colors. Do I buy the polyester collection or the rayon collection?

And scissors are included with the PE770??? Are they decent or do I need to buy something better? I assume the hoops come with the machine, correct?

I reread alot of the questions and answers posted by Vester on part 24 or I'd have even more questions. I would just really appreciate any detailed help i can get on ordering from Marathon.

Is there anything else I would need to order from Marathon? I assume I can just get spray adhesive from Joanns and I already have plenty of stabilizer from hand appliqueing.

And HEATHERSUE, how about a ShihTzu design and some horses (Bella Sara style would be perfect!!)?

I just wound my own bobbins so I can't help you with the bobbin questions. I use the white Gutermann bobbin thread (somehow my machine does not like Sulky bobbin thread even though it perfers Sulky embroidery thread). I prefer the rayon embroidery thread over polyester from my limited experience.

I wish I could help you with the PE770 - sadly, I don't own one yet. :lovestruc I am hoping soon though.

I just wanted to stop in and show a picture of dd's skirt for the wedding... again, I let her choose the fabric and the pattern - I just sewed. :wizard: I really love how this one turned out.

th_aCIMG8929.jpg
th_aCIMG8930.jpg

D~

Beautiful! I think both girls did a good job picking the fabric!

I made these outfits for Avy's wish trip. The mom was intersted in Candyland outfits for GKTW so I made Vidas for Avy and her sister Ella. AboveH20 was kind enough to applique coordinating shirts for the boys and she made Avy and Ella some cute purses with gingerbread men in them too (hopefully she'll post hers soon).

Avy's dress is Princess Frostine with the purple and blues and Ella has Princess Lolli with the pinks and oranges:
th_097-1.jpg
th_108-1.jpg
th_111-1.jpg
th_104-1.jpg
th_112-1.jpg
th_105-1.jpg

WOW! They are amazing! I am sure the family really appreciates the dresses! Thanks so much for making them!

Your dresses are wonderful and mom was VERY appreciative. I'm sooooo far behind in commenting that I actually wrote it on my list of things to do today. (Haven't gotten to it yet, but I mowed the lawn for the first time this year - husband planned his out of town trip well!)

Here are the t-shirts I made for the boys. Mom wanted something for Candyland, and try as I might I couldn't find anything boyish and don't have Andrea's hand applique skills. I made single color gingerbread men, hoping they look like the game pieces from Candyland.

th_IMG_1939.jpg

I purchased a candy font that was waaaay too big for the t-shirts so decided to make little bags for the girls.

th_IMG_1933.jpg

They ended up being smaller than I expected (don't know why, the first try was too big!) so I decided to put something in them.

th_IMG_1934.jpg

I like those T-shirts and bags too. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we work together! Thanks so much for making them for this family!

:eek: How did I miss an entire thread?!? I can't promise that I'll keep up this time, but I'll try. I miss being here, but 3 kids & a full time job is killing me. I feel like I never get to sew anymore either. I did get stuff put together for Easter & it did double duty for dd4(5 on Thursday)'s birthday party. Well, really they were for the party & they worked for Easter 'cause I didn't have time to do both.

DD7 as the Mad Hatter

DS as the White Rabbit

If I get pics taken of their Easter toys, I'll post them. I've started crocheting at night while watching tv. For some reason it seems less trouble that clearing the table to sew - probably because it is. :rotfl:

Looks like it was a great party! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I LOVE the candyland dresses!!!! The boys Tshirts are very adorable....how original!!!!

Bunny boy is absolutely adorable also.

For some reason I can't quote ANYTHING...it's really annoying.

Ugh I can't get my machine to recognize a PES design.

THis is the first time this has happened to me. When I try the DST version it says it is to big for my hoop. It was the last shirt I needed for one of my gives.

Going to go work on 2 tinkerbell shirts instead.

Sent you a pm!

Questions?

What do I buy???

You don't have to have spray adhesive. I've never used it. I would like to try it, but it seems so expensive!

I wish I could help you with the PE770 - sadly, I don't own one yet. :lovestruc I am hoping soon though.

I just wanted to stop in and show a picture of dd's skirt for the wedding... again, I let her choose the fabric and the pattern - I just sewed. :wizard: I really love how this one turned out.

th_aCIMG8929.jpg

D~

Very cute!!! I love the fabrics. How old is your daughter?
I made these outfits for Avy's wish trip. The mom was intersted in Candyland outfits for GKTW so I made Vidas for Avy and her sister Ella. AboveH20 was kind enough to applique coordinating shirts for the boys and she made Avy and Ella some cute purses with gingerbread men in them too (hopefully she'll post hers soon).

Avy's dress is Princess Frostine with the purple and blues and Ella has Princess Lolli with the pinks and oranges:
th_097-1.jpg

I love the way these turned out!

th_IMG_1934.jpg

I love all these!!!

Your little guys is so cute! How old is he now? You girls are just adorable.

The "Happily Ever After" Collection continues with Belle.

230423_220542261293442_210534112294257_995007_5531033_n.jpg

Gorgeous Aimee!!

The next time I decide it's a good idea to make an outfit with 13 embroidery designs, could someone come over and bop me over the head?

So many cute things!!! I am so sorry I just have a minute on the computer before I have to get off so I can't comment on it all. :)

Here is the pink Cinderella dress I made for Princess Peanut's Wish Trip. I'm so happy they were able to go!

226656_10150167954453160_677208159_6887550_5698104_n.jpg

Precious!!

Adorable!!!

I know I sound like a broken record but please pray for our state. Flash flooding started last night. It has been awful. Our backyard filled up almost to the door last night and the tiny creek at the back of our subdivision overflowed and uprooted a section of privacy fence (that was concreted in!) and washed it down the street. The same thing happened four door down at my inlaws -- the neighbor's fence ended up in his front yard! The main highway by our house flooded overnight. And we are no where near the 100 year flood plain in our area!!!

My DS spent the weekend with my mom -- about 45 minutes away -- and every road and highway except one that was almost an hour out of the way and very COUNTRY was flooded. I am a better swimmer than DH and don't fear the water like he does so I went to go get DS. I actually took his life vest with me in case we got stranded on the way back home. Thank GOD that the road remained above water -- the yards we past were just like lakes!!! I knew I wouldn't cross ANY standing water but I was afraid of idiots who would cause accidents and get me stranded. DS was terrified of the flooding and wanted to come home so I went. And all the while it was storming like crazy!! I was never so happy to hit the interstate and get home!

As we drove across the river, you could see complete boat docks that had come apart from their moorings floating down the river with boats still attached! They were all smashed up!! Some were even stuck under bridge pilings. We also saw a house boat turned upside down floating down the river. Such destruction!!!!

I think our area got between 6 and 10 inches of rain last night and they are predicting another 6 or so by tomorrow night.

So please pray for us -- especially those who have already lost their homes to tornadoes in the past few weeks and are now suffering through these horrible flash floods. We have had it relatively easy and it has been hard on our nerves....

Hi everybody!

My daughter is an ice skater and for the upcoming spring show, she and her duet partner were assigned the song "Footloose". As part of their costume, they decided on a pettiskirt from dancewearsolutions.com. It was not expensive (about $20), arrived quickly and was offered in loads of colors and color combinations. They're not the kind you could wear as you would a regular skirt because they don't have as many layers, but they'd certainly work as a petticoat under a skirt or dress that needed volume. The sizes run from toddler through adult. If you look on the web site, you might want to use "petticoat" if you don't have any luck with "pettiskirt" as the search word. The girls did their own on line shopping around, so I'm not sure which term they used to find it. This is a big show and recital time, so if you look and they're out of what you want, give it a few weeks and try again.

Hope someone finds this useful!

Lori in East Podunk

th_IMG_1939.jpg

th_IMG_1933.jpg

th_IMG_1934.jpg

The shirt gingerbreads look exactly like the game pieces ~ the kids also looked really cute in everything. Where did you get the ITH gingerbread men from? I am asking b/c I'm hoping I'll have a chance to use it in the very near future!

These are all adorable as well. The Gingerbread men look just like the Candyland pieces... you are one Smart Cookie!
Yay for mowing the lawn. I just did mine, too except I mowed mine because hubby is coming home for his R&R break! He'll be here for 2 weeks and we are headed to WDW for Mother's Day weekend with my sister and her family! :cheer2: I can't wait!
YAY for dh coming home and also WDW for Mother's Day!

DD7 as the Mad Hatter

DS as the White Rabbit

I LOVE the Alice -- what a great style! Very pretty. Good work on everything for the party.

th_aCIMG8929.jpg

th_aCIMG8930.jpg

D~
I went back and forth on whether or not I really wanted an embroidery machine. I like doing BIG appliques by hand, but they don't always turn out perfect -- there are lots of minor blips on my Candyland ones) and I really want to start doing some things with t-shirt and have trouble hand appliqeuing on knit at times. Chances are I will use it more for Big Gives than personal use, but oh well!

Love the skirt and particularly the fabric choices. I need to take your dd shopping with me!

I have the 770....I use the sided plastic bobbins. (I like them, because you can actually reuse them.) Scissors are included with the machine...but they aren't all that great! I use only white in the bobbins, unless I am doing something in the hoop. Then I would wind a bobbin of the top color for that specific project. I actually wind a bobbin of each of the colors and put it on the thread rack under the spool. That way it is all ways ready for me if I need it.

The 770 comes with one hoop. THAT drove me crazy! I spent so much time hooping....now I bought a set of 4 different hoops from ebay, and I can have my second shirt hooped while the first is still stitching. (close by, of course!)

Has anyone seen a Bruce from Nemo applique design? I KNOW I have seen it somewhere, but did not book mark it and can't find it now. It is the last design I need for that day's shirts. Of course, the birthday boy wants that and only that applique for his birthday shirt and lunch at Coral Reef!
Nini
Thank you -- I've jotted down the plastic bobbins (sided) in my notebook where I am writing all my tips and tricks. What thread type do you prefer?

I am hoping I will be fine with one hoop since I don't sell -- I don't think I'll be doing anything mass production. If it annoys me for BGs I'll get more hoops. I'll be happy just to figure it all out and get one shirt done my first week!

I know HeatherSue has a shark -- I saw it the other day when I was perusing designs. I'm not sure if it's Bruce but I promise you she has a shark.

Just lovely as usual.

Andrea, those are absolutely awesome! Your appliques are just amazing, I can't do anything without my embroidery machine!
Thank you! And there are several things I can't do without an embroidery machine which I why I am hoping dh already has one on order for me.

I know I sound like a broken record but please pray for our state. Flash flooding started last night. It has been awful. Our backyard filled up almost to the door last night and the tiny creek at the back of our subdivision overflowed and uprooted a section of privacy fence (that was concreted in!) and washed it down the street. The same thing happened four door down at my inlaws -- the neighbor's fence ended up in his front yard! The main highway by our house flooded overnight. And we are no where near the 100 year flood plain in our area!!!

My DS spent the weekend with my mom -- about 45 minutes away -- and every road and highway except one that was almost an hour out of the way and very COUNTRY was flooded. I am a better swimmer than DH and don't fear the water like he does so I went to go get DS. I actually took his life vest with me in case we got stranded on the way back home. Thank GOD that the road remained above water -- the yards we past were just like lakes!!! I knew I wouldn't cross ANY standing water but I was afraid of idiots who would cause accidents and get me stranded. DS was terrified of the flooding and wanted to come home so I went. And all the while it was storming like crazy!! I was never so happy to hit the interstate and get home!

As we drove across the river, you could see complete boat docks that had come apart from their moorings floating down the river with boats still attached! They were all smashed up!! Some were even stuck under bridge pilings. We also saw a house boat turned upside down floating down the river. Such destruction!!!!

I think our area got between 6 and 10 inches of rain last night and they are predicting another 6 or so by tomorrow night.

So please pray for us -- especially those who have already lost their homes to tornadoes in the past few weeks and are now suffering through these horrible flash floods. We have had it relatively easy and it has been hard on our nerves....

:grouphug:

So so cute. Your dd has a great eye for coordinating fabrics. I'm guessing you have a future designer of sorts there with you. You must share the pattern!

I wish I could share the pattern... Basically, all it is, is a strip skirt - the top layer was 6.5" the next was 4.5 and the last 2 were 5.5. Once you get the elastic in the top layer - it becomes 4.5". The top layer was dd's hip measurement + 3 for ease... then each layer after that I added 15" to the length (but next time, I'd probably add a little more than that to the bottom layer). The ruffles are serged on all 4 sides, then gathered down the center and sewn to the skirt over the top of the gathering stitches. It was a very time consuming skirt to make, even though it doesn't look like it. I used 8 - 45" ruffles for the skirt. :wizard:

Everything is adorable. I love all the outfits and your white rabbit is so cute! :)

Love it! I can't believe how quickly you make these! It's amazing!

Very cute!!! I love the fabrics. How old is your daughter?

Thanks. :) She just turned 13... and she is now much taller than I am. :confused3

I have been praying for everyone in your area. It's just so sad what you alla re going through. I am glad that you and your son made it home safely. :grouphug:

D~

Question

Comic book boards Where do you get them from? Amazon has them at a good price ($5.99/100 pack) but it's $15.99 shipping! :scared1: Does anyone know of a good place to get some, where shipping doesn't break the bank?

Thanks! :lovestruc

D~ <---- who is hoping that DH will install the counter in her sewing room today...

Question

Comic book boards Where do you get them from? Amazon has them at a good price ($5.99/100 pack) but it's $15.99 shipping! :scared1: Does anyone know of a good place to get some, where shipping doesn't break the bank?

Thanks! :lovestruc

D~ <---- who is hoping that DH will install the counter in her sewing room today...

I have this site bookmarked, though have never ordered from them. I think it's $8.50 per 100 and I don't know what shipping is -- but it might be worth looking at if you can get cheaper shipping.
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/Comic-Boards/

Do you have any comic book stores in your area? We have one or two and I always figured I'd just get them there if cheaper. I'm not sure they would fit in my cabinets though. I don't have room for any more shelves in my sewing hole.

Your little guys is so cute! How old is he now? You girls are just adorable.

Thanks. He's 6 months now.
222992_10150226732118245_606948244_8542142_3344502_n.jpg

I LOVE the Alice -- what a great style! Very pretty. Good work on everything for the party.
Thanks. I've been planning this party in my head for a long time. I'm so glad I finally got one of the girls to agree to it.

Everything is adorable. I love all the outfits and your white rabbit is so cute! :)

Thanks!

I know I'm missing some people, but...

I love the candyland outfuts. Those appliques are great!

Amieeg - All the Princess dresses are beautiful.

Teresa - I canb't wait to see that outfit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter