Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love everything about this pattern! Are you going to put the pattern up for sale once you are done getting the kinks out of it??? I especially love the fact that it's reversible, and I just love the shape of the bottom front - how it curves - excellent space for embroidery! Love it! :)

D~
Thank You Everyone!

D~
It isn't my pattern. It is called the Sugar & Spice Apron by Laura Tunnell

I have made some improvements in the istructions though because they are a bit vague & neede some improvment to make construction better. I got it on YCMT. if you get it and want my instructions let me know. working on a grown-up size apron now. It has pattern pieces for a top or apron. This is the 2T-5 top.

The waist sash is big enought to have it come around & tie in front too. (which is cute if you are doing palin material but it covrs up the applique IMO.)

For anyone interested in making pillows for GKTW....

Joann's has flannel on sale 50% off this Saturday only (I am sure most of you got that flyer! :))....so for a little over $2.50 (I am sure all you folks have 12" of novelty fabric laying around!) you can make 4 pillows!

Lynn

IMG_1958.jpg

Doing my part to get the American economy going.

(I hope the photo isn't huge. After I "previewed" my post, I made it smaller, but it doesn't look smaller.) :upsidedow

a dab of elmers school glue!!!! it will keep it still...and washes off with soap and water when you are done with the picture.
Never thought of that! Thanks for the tip.

I love seeing the picture of everything you put in the bags... how fun - some of those things, I never would have thought of.

D~
You have to get creative when you want a bunch of small things at a reasonable price! There's a few days in May that Hancock's is having 50% off buttons so I'll stock up on some more cute ones if I'm in the mood to make any more eye spy bags. They're nice to do for Big Gives since you don't have to worry about size, though I imagine you pay the price in shipping them.

Lol....Im in Essington, just near the airport!!!

my room is just awful and I never want to spend the time to clean it up because Im working on the next project, you know?

So, has anyone made a washable doggie bed? my BFF is getting a new puppy and I want to make her somethings! Also, has anyone made a collar?
If anyone on here ever asked about a doggie bed or collar I would have sent them your way. I can't believe you haven't made either for Zoe yet! Have you ever made her any coats? I always wanted to try some simple ones for my pooches -- not for warmth, just for looks!

Thanks Andrea. Yes I did splurge and order some of the fabric from THISTHATfromJapan. She was great to deal with and the fabric was great to work with. The ChipNdale fabric was different from what we can buy around here, the loose threads were like soft webby cotton :confused3

I will put bigger pics up next time. I have a few more photos to post.

Thanks for letting me know about the fabric. That makes me feel better if I ever have the need to buy something for my dd. I just like that she has unique things (I've looked at her items in the past but never had the need to purchase anything).

I made ds's tutor and the kids' teacher (they are in the same class as 1-3rd grade is together) identical gifts for Teacher's Day -- well sort of identical ~ same items, different colors.

Up first is for Karin the tutor. Aivilo tote (extra large) made with a larger lining so it peeks out of the top of the bag. I have several pockets on the interior too. And I put batting in the handles for added comfort. There is also a coffee cozy that is reversible, a luggage tag (didn't add her name to it yet), a key ring, a book mark and an ankle bracelet. I did fabrics with blues and browns for her since her house is decorated with a lot of blues. I only ever see her in yoga wear so not sure how she dresses when going out, but am hoping she is happy with these colors:
008-3.jpg

Funny story I need to add ~ I made her a bracelet for Valentine's Day and she recently fell and broke one ankle and sparined the other and is walking on two air casts right now. I had already decided to do an ankle braclet for her and just now got off the phone with her to schedule ds for this week. He is going on Tuesday which is Teacher's Day so I told her I'd send her gift with my ds and dh as I work that day and won't drop him off. She then begged me to make her another bracelet for Teacher's Day and I told her gift was already done. Since I said "done" she knew I made it and thinks she is getting a bracelet. Nope, it's an ankle bracelet and it will be useless to her right now!

And this is for Natasha -- classroom teacher. She wears tons of green and brown -- I would say 50 to 75% of the time. I loved the green and brown flower fabric, but really had a hard time finding corrdinating fabrics. I think the brown dot might be a dark for the rest of the bag, but my other choices in fabrics weren't so hot either.
012-3.jpg

I never did notebooks covers. I may still do them for just little memo pads that they can toss in the totes, but if I don't get them done I'm not going to worry b/c I think (hope) they'll be pretty happy with what I did get done.

Everything is so gorgeous as always!! And everyone's sewing areas are to die for. I have a five bedroom house and yet I'm STUCK! in the dining room... so not fair. I have to tell myself it's my turn when the kids are grown. :)

I made my trip to Joann's today for their terrific sale!! I also had to go to Hobby Lobby... Joann's was COMPLETELY out of Mickey Mouse fabric and I drove to a store an hour away!! My little one did NOT want to cooperate so I had to promise a toy to get him in the door. I know it's awful, but I REALLY hate shopping with my kids.

I have lots of flannel and fabric to make pillowcases with now. I need to get busy but I have a bachelorette party for my cousin tonight. Not my cup of tea, I'm not so much the social butterfly anymore after age and children so I'm just going for dinner.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Love all of it!!!!:lovestruc

QUESTION:

I'm about to order some dark transfer ink-jet sheets ... I need at least 10 sheets (between BigGives and shirts for my boys) ... which seller from Ebay or Amazon or which brand do you recommend???? I will just be using my regular iron ... no heat press here :rotfl:

TIA!!!!

I usually go to HewlettPacker.com . Now I haven't been there in awhile, but they usually have buy 2 get one and free shipping. I like their paper the best. Sorry, this is it:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/Q1974A

Lol....Im in Essington, just near the airport!!!

Wendy, do you ever go up to fabric row in Phillie? I've been wanting to go, but hesitant. I have a co-worker that won't shop any where else. She helps to make costumes for the Skating rink at the UofD and costumes for the Mummers. Just wondering if it was worth the trip.

IMG_1958.jpg

(I hope the photo isn't huge. After I "previewed" my post, I made it smaller, but it doesn't look smaller.) :upsidedow

I have a stash that looks very similar! :rotfl: I was there for an hour and a half this morning...and none of that was waiting in line!

Lynn

Just made it back from picking up Bubba. I am so angry! Other than a good cleaning, there was nothing wrong with it...except for what Brother TOLD me to do to fix the problem.

The bobbin tension was too tight, so I loosened as per the instructions from Brother. What was actually wrong was a speck of lint in the tensioning disks. No matter how loose I made the tension, I would NEVER be able to fix it! LOL

I also bought the cap hoopster for my machine while I was there. I might just attempt a cap sometime this weekend...as if I wasn't already behind enough!

I guess I'd better feed the grand daughter now, so we can leave soon for therapy...

Nini

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious with your machine!

Today wraps up princess week for me. I know Alice is not a princess but she is British. Plus she is my favorite!

229674_219852518029083_210534112294257_986218_7809774_n.jpg

Aimee I LOVE this set!!! I just adore this Alice, and always wondered why people hadn't done more outfits with it! And, my Mom saw your Cinderella outfit you posted the other day and LOVED it!!! (so did Heather and I!)

Here are some of the outfits I've been working on.

Dinner at Garden Grill:

DSCF0758.jpg
Great outfits!
Some things I've made this month:

For a "customer" - FB friend that ordered this for her DD's first visit to Disney:

th_DSC06010.jpg
!
These are so cute! That's awful about the principal though! People can be so very ungrateful!
My Sewing/Craft Space:

DISCLAIMER: I'd say my space is 90/95% done. DH really only needs to hang up frames in the room and we have to Mat some of the things that are already up in those black frames. OH - and DH needs to organize his side (I've given him this weekend or else I'll organize it and he won't be so thrilled, he claims I "hide" things - as in put them out of view, lol).
The view out of my window:
th_DSC06079.jpg

*sigh* Why do I live in Michigan????

I love your room! I even love your serger, I have that one and it's been great for me! Did I spy Lilo?

I made a Sugar & Spice top as a trial for the apron I am making for my friend.
It is also reversible. I definately like the Dumbo side better. It is a new pattern for me so I am still working out the little pains.
215887_222194547796164_163938963621723_1077166_7039036_n.jpg

I love both sides of this!!!

th_IMG_1958.jpg

YAY!!! Good for you doing your part!

I made ds's tutor and the kids' teacher (they are in the same class as 1-3rd grade is together) identical gifts for Teacher's Day -- well sort of identical ~ same items, different colors.

Up first is for Karin the tutor. Aivilo tote (extra large) made with a larger lining so it peeks out of the top of the bag. I have several pockets on the interior too. And I put batting in the handles for added comfort. There is also a coffee cozy that is reversible, a luggage tag (didn't add her name to it yet), a key ring, a book mark and an ankle bracelet. I did fabrics with blues and browns for her since her house is decorated with a lot of blues. I only ever see her in yoga wear so not sure how she dresses when going out, but am hoping she is happy with these colors:
th_008-3.jpg

Funny story I need to add ~ I made her a bracelet for Valentine's Day and she recently fell and broke one ankle and sparined the other and is walking on two air casts right now. I had already decided to do an ankle braclet for her and just now got off the phone with her to schedule ds for this week. He is going on Tuesday which is Teacher's Day so I told her I'd send her gift with my ds and dh as I work that day and won't drop him off. She then begged me to make her another bracelet for Teacher's Day and I told her gift was already done. Since I said "done" she knew I made it and thinks she is getting a bracelet. Nope, it's an ankle bracelet and it will be useless to her right now!

And this is for Natasha -- classroom teacher. She wears tons of green and brown -- I would say 50 to 75% of the time. I loved the green and brown flower fabric, but really had a hard time finding corrdinating fabrics. I think the brown dot might be a dark for the rest of the bag, but my other choices in fabrics weren't so hot either.
th_012-3.jpg

I never did notebooks covers. I may still do them for just little memo pads that they can toss in the totes, but if I don't get them done I'm not going to worry b/c I think (hope) they'll be pretty happy with what I did get done.

Gorgeous!!! I really want to make myself a bag!

008-3.jpg

012-3.jpg

your Gift sets are AMAZING!!! the teachers will LOVE them!!!! Great job!!

I usually go to HewlettPacker.com . Now I haven't been there in awhile, but they usually have buy 2 get one and free shipping. I like their paper the best. Sorry, this is it:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/Q1974A

Wendy, do you ever go up to fabric row in Phillie? I've been wanting to go, but hesitant. I have a co-worker that won't shop any where else. She helps to make costumes for the Skating rink at the UofD and costumes for the Mummers. Just wondering if it was worth the trip.

I was there once, and It really just wasnt for me. There is a TON of fabric, but a lot of it was for costuming and upholstry and gowns and stuff - the stuff I like was more expensive than Joann's. There were a lot of unique zippers and buttons though!! The stores are super jammed -Billy ended up staying outside most of them because he could hardly fit through the isles!!!:lmao: I'd say that was a good 4 years ago though - so maybe its different now?????

QUESTIONWith the wraptop dress - are any of you afraid the bow will come undone? Do you put a snap or a button or anything under the bow????

I must have missed a page b/c I'm seeing things quoted that I never saw!

Anyway, QUESTION time: It's the Brother PE 770 that ds needs to tell dh that they should buy me for Mother's Day, right? It's only available refurbished on Overstock now but it's $660 on QVC so if that's the correct one I'll have ds e-mail dh the link. I refuse to get a refurbished one.

your Gift sets are AMAZING!!! the teachers will LOVE them!!!! Great job!!

I was there once, and It really just wasnt for me. There is a TON of fabric, but a lot of it was for costuming and upholstry and gowns and stuff - the stuff I like was more expensive than Joann's. There were a lot of unique zippers and buttons though!! The stores are super jammed -Billy ended up staying outside most of them because he could hardly fit through the isles!!!:lmao: I'd say that was a good 4 years ago though - so maybe its different now?????

QUESTIONWith the wraptop dress - are any of you afraid the bow will come undone? Do you put a snap or a button or anything under the bow????

I have the Miss Mary wrap dress and you put a hook and eye in place in case the tie comes undone with that pattern.

Anyway, QUESTION time: It's the Brother PE 770 that ds needs to tell dh that they should buy me for Mother's Day, right? It's only available refurbished on Overstock now but it's $660 on QVC so if that's the correct one I'll have ds e-mail dh the link. I refuse to get a refurbished one.

Thats the one that I and quite a few others have!!!!!:cutie:

Thats the one that I and quite a few others have!!!!!:cutie:

Thanks -- I wanted to make sure I had it correct. The kids just send dh this e-mail from their account (never mind they can't even log on to QVC with their account!).

Dear Best Dad in the World,

May 8 is Mother's Day and I think we just found a great gift to get Mom (whose birthday you forgot).
It's a Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...H182354.desc.Brother-PE770-Embroidery-Machine
I bet she would even make you a really cool t-shirt if we got this for her.

Love,
Alexa and Ben

P.S. Father's Day is just around the corner.

Thanks -- I wanted to make sure I had it correct. The kids just send dh this e-mail from their account (never mind they can't even log on to QVC with their account!).

Dear Best Dad in the World,

May 8 is Mother's Day and I think we just found a great gift to get Mom (whose birthday you forgot).
It's a Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...H182354.desc.Brother-PE770-Embroidery-Machine
I bet she would even make you a really cool t-shirt if we got this for her.

Love,
Alexa and Ben

P.S. Father's Day is just around the corner.

Such sweet little darlings!!!!!!;)

This thread moves so fast..there is no way I can go back and quote everything. it is so hard trying to keep up here...so I am just going to try and quote and hopefully be able to keep up from the last few pages! I did look through the other 20+ pages or so..some really great stuffs!!!

Some things I've made this month:

For a "customer" - FB friend that ordered this for her DD's first visit to Disney:

th_DSC06010.jpg

Reverse Side:
th_DSC06008.jpg

These were for the principal's daughter at the school my mom works at, who turned two this month (not making her anything again, mom said she dropped it off and still hasn't said thanks!):

th_DSC06031.jpg

th_DSC06028.jpg

I'll be posting pictures of my sewing/craft room soon!

Love all those outfits, Adi and sorry that you didn't get a thank you for those gifts!

My Sewing/Craft Space:

The view out of my window:
th_DSC06079.jpg

What a great view! I would love a view like that but all I see right now are constructions of new homes across the street. I love your sewing room, and those colorful cubes!!

It is also reversible. I definately like the Dumbo side better. It is a new pattern for me so I am still working out the little pains.

225619_222194587796160_163938963621723_1077167_3827396_n.jpg

225541_222194634462822_163938963621723_1077168_2267413_n.jpg

230211_222194841129468_163938963621723_1077170_2269085_n.jpg

229709_222194774462808_163938963621723_1077169_6704434_n.jpg

Nice aprons, and love that Dumbo design!

th_008-3.jpg

th_012-3.jpg

I love the totes and the fabrics that you use!! I recently made my first Aivilo tote for my dd's dance teacher who left the studio couple weeks ago. I definitely see more totes in my future..I am thinking both kids' teachers will be getting one for end of year.

Success! I found the poly pelletts at walmart, now perhaps I can work on a spy bag sometime this week :)

230211_222194841129468_163938963621723_1077170_2269085_n.jpg

The top looks great. I like the Dumbo side better too.

th_IMG_1958.jpg

I can't wait to see your finished products!

th_008-3.jpg

th_012-3.jpg

Both sets of gifts look great. I am sure they will really appreciate them.

I think 770 is the one people rave about around here. I have the 270D and it has worked well for me.

Success! I found the poly pelletts at walmart, now perhaps I can work on a spy bag sometime this week :)

They must be selling the one I sent back the other week! :rotfl:

The new one they replaced it with has worked perfectly though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter