Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today wraps up princess week for me. I know Alice is not a princess but she is British. Plus she is my favorite!

229674_219852518029083_210534112294257_986218_7809774_n.jpg

So pretty! Love the skirt fabric.

Today wraps up princess week for me. I know Alice is not a princess but she is British. Plus she is my favorite!

Very cute! Older DD loves Alice and was in Alice In Wonderland Junior at her middle school this spring. If she was younger she'd be begging me for that outfit!

Some things I've made this month:

For a "customer" - FB friend that ordered this for her DD's first visit to Disney:

DSC06010.jpg

Reverse Side:
DSC06008.jpg

These were for the principal's daughter at the school my mom works at, who turned two this month (not making her anything again, mom said she dropped it off and still hasn't said thanks!):

DSC06031.jpg

DSC06028.jpg

I'll be posting pictures of my sewing/craft room soon!

My Sewing/Craft Space:

DISCLAIMER: I'd say my space is 90/95% done. DH really only needs to hang up frames in the room and we have to Mat some of the things that are already up in those black frames. OH - and DH needs to organize his side (I've given him this weekend or else I'll organize it and he won't be so thrilled, he claims I "hide" things - as in put them out of view, lol).

DSC06076.jpg

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06077.jpg

Close up of my work space:
DSC06080.jpg
(You'll notice I opted for the new machine instead of Disney next month ;) oh and in lieu of a mother's day gift).

DSC06081.jpg

The view out of my window:
DSC06079.jpg

The closet (forgot to take pictures of it open - my scrapbook cart and Misc. Craft supplies/gift giving stash (bags, tissue, etc). Take up 1/2 of it the other 1/2 is Misc household storage.
DSC06082.jpg

Cabinet (you'll notice some frames piled at the bottom):
DSC06084.jpg

DH's side, REALLY needs work, lol (you'll notice loads of frames piled over there!):
DSC06085.jpg

DSC06086.jpg

Needless to say, I'm loving my space. When I am working I pull out the ironing floor and put it in the middle of the room.

Did you guys see these yet? So CUTE and hopefully more comfie than the plasticy shoes at the parks!

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-sparkle-...8,default,pd.html?cid=001&cgid=girls-footwear

I am very behind, but these adorable. They are, However, the same plastic material as the mickey head ones sold in the parks. Just a different design. I love crocs and they are the most comfy shoes I own. I have had several pair in different styles. I just recently tossed a bunch as the tread was gone and they don't do well in the rain. You can slip and fall. :rolleyes1 Don't ask how I know. :rotfl2:

My quote appears to be missing, but whoever was looking for the clear beads to do in the Eye Spy bags, I believe you can find them in the doll section at JoAnnes or AcMoore. I even found them back with the battings.

Thank you ro everyone who tried to help me with my question about the Huskylock. When I went to look at it he had just sold it, so that made up my mind for me. I am still looking for a sewing machine though. I do ALOT of tote bags and purses. Most of it is with home dec. weight fabric(close to denim weight). I need a machine that will sew 6 or 8 layers of this without skipping stitches. I also do quilting and some garment sewing too. Decorative stitches are nice but I really need all metal parts and a heavy duty motor. I had a Scholastic Singer (heavy duty for schools). I loved it. Had only 10-12 stitch types but a little work horse. I had it for over 10 years. I finally war the gears down beyond repair and my repair guy says their are no more replacement parts. :confused3 I cried. I bought a brother from Wallie world just to make do. With the thick fabric it will skip stitches and it is not made anywhere as well as my Singer was.

any one have any suggestions. I want to get a good machine, but don't have a ton of money to spend on it. I can wait if I need to and tuff it out, but it is frustating not being able to do what I want to or having it look bad. Thanks again.

http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/Machines/Sewing-Quilting/DC3050

This is my machine and I love it. If you look to the left of the webpage, there is a link to "Help me find a machine". Maybe you need a professional?

I am with you on that one... I am loving my Brothers right now - but maybe someday I'll find something better. :wizard:

I wish I could help you out - but I really have no idea. All I know is that if you want metal parts, you should be looking at an older machine. My Brother is from the 80's and it is mostly metal... but it can't go through the fabric like yours did. The thing that annoys me, more than anything, is that no matter how straight I stitch, my stitching looks like I should have had a few less drinks. It's so wobbly and it's not me... I would eventually love to find a machine that can do a perfectly straight stitch... is there such a thing?

candicenicole19
Sorry I did't get to quote your adorable outifts - but I just wanted to shout out that I loved them! :)

D~

I believe there is a quilting foot that is a long bar, if you want to try and keep straight lines, this could help. But I think your too much of a perfectonist (like me! :goodvibes), which I see nothing wrong with......

Andrea!!! The tutorial is AWESOME!! Thank you so much!!!

Nini - all I can say is - "Welcome Home Bubba, Welcome Home"

The kids kind of just get the pillow at GKTW - they dont actually get to "make it". There is this tree and you can see things moving around and then a pillow pops out (this is what my 11 yo nephew told me from his brothers trip last year).

Weekend is ALMOST HERE!!! I have to do 2 wrap dresses this weekend!!! and maybe some eye spy bags. We could really use those for therapy here at work!!! ooh, they would be good for quiet time at camp too!!! I think I'd have a ball with it myself!!!!
Glad everyone is enjoying the eye spy mini -tut. I really intended to do a good one, but had problems with some of my pictures and redesigned a little along the way, so that's all you get for now!

But the pillow saga still doesn't explain why the majority of it needs to be a solid!!!!

Let me know if you find any good trinkets for you eye spy bags that I haven't thought of. I saw someone put a Barbie shoe in once too. I am yadsaling tomorrow morning so hopefully I can pick up a few more odd trinkets. Game pieces like scrabble letters are good.

Just made it back from picking up Bubba. I am so angry! Other than a good cleaning, there was nothing wrong with it...except for what Brother TOLD me to do to fix the problem.

The bobbin tension was too tight, so I loosened as per the instructions from Brother. What was actually wrong was a speck of lint in the tensioning disks. No matter how loose I made the tension, I would NEVER be able to fix it! LOL

I also bought the cap hoopster for my machine while I was there. I might just attempt a cap sometime this weekend...as if I wasn't already behind enough!

I guess I'd better feed the grand daughter now, so we can leave soon for therapy...

Nini
Glad it was nothing too major -- and hopefully nothing too expensive.

I received my new serger needles but I serged the edge of the fleece blanket with the Singer sewing machine needle and it turned out so flawless that I hate to put a serger needle in now!

Absolutely beautiful as usual. Love the little apron piece variation to the skirt.

Here are some of the outfits I've been working on.

Dinner at Garden Grill:

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0752.jpg
DSCF0753.jpg

Back of Skirt: I only used 1 ruffle for the Audrey Skirt
DSCF0748.jpg

Yo Ho Ho...
DSCF0799.jpg
DSCF0801.jpg

DHS day:
DSCF0813.jpg

Breakfast at Ohana's:
DSCF0811.jpg
DSCF0809.jpg

Here are some Easter shirts I made:
DSCF0766.jpg

Still have more to finish and only 82 days left:scared1:
So far everything looks awesome -- though LARGER pics might be nice -- yes, that's a *ever so subtle* hint. Great fabrics -- I imagine most came from etsy??? Are they nice fabrics to work with?

For a "customer" - FB friend that ordered this for her DD's first visit to Disney:

th_DSC06010.jpg

Reverse Side:
th_DSC06008.jpg

These were for the principal's daughter at the school my mom works at, who turned two this month (not making her anything again, mom said she dropped it off and still hasn't said thanks!):

th_DSC06031.jpg
th_DSC06028.jpg

All very sweet. Not a very grateful principal though!

My Sewing/Craft Space:

DISCLAIMER: I'd say my space is 90/95% done. DH really only needs to hang up frames in the room and we have to Mat some of the things that are already up in those black frames. OH - and DH needs to organize his side (I've given him this weekend or else I'll organize it and he won't be so thrilled, he claims I "hide" things - as in put them out of view, lol).

th_DSC06076.jpg
th_DSC06078.jpg
th_DSC06077.jpg

th_DSC06080.jpg
(You'll notice I opted for the new machine instead of Disney next month ;) oh and in lieu of a mother's day gift).

th_DSC06081.jpg

th_DSC06079.jpg

The closet (forgot to take pictures of it open - my scrapbook cart and Misc. Craft supplies/gift giving stash (bags, tissue, etc). Take up 1/2 of it the other 1/2 is Misc household storage.
th_DSC06082.jpg

th_DSC06084.jpg

DH's side, REALLY needs work, lol (you'll notice loads of frames piled over there!):
Needless to say, I'm loving my space. When I am working I pull out the ironing floor and put it in the middle of the room.

JEALOUS OF:
1. fabric collection
2. fabric collection display cases
3. All your storage bins
4. An actual room!!
5. A closet!!
6. Embroidery machine
7. Workspace
8. Palm trees

NOT JEALOUS OF:
1. dh's side
2. your serger (I have the same one)

JEALOUS OF:
1. fabric collection
2. fabric collection display cases
3. All your storage bins
4. An actual room!!
5. A closet!!
6. Embroidery machine
7. Workspace
8. Palm trees

NOT JEALOUS OF:
1. dh's side
2. your serger (I have the same one)

Thanks so much! For the majority of the time I've been sewing I've had bins and would pull out the machine and put it on whatever table had space wherever we were living. At the end of June last year we were FINALLY able to close on our own home - and started moving in July. We just finished adding the above the table shelves (and the extra 4 cubby's above my fabric). I have a bit of a problem with buying fabric - I use most of my "fun" money every month on it and Heathersue embroidery designs, lol. BUT in my defense - I'd say 75% of it was under $4 a yard, and about half of that was under $3 a yard - I LOVE coupon's and I got a bunch when Walmart had fabric here. I was so jealous for years of people's sewing spaces on here - and I finally have one I am proud of. OH - and I got an amazing deal on my Topaz 20 (retails around $3000 - I got it for almost half that!). The shelves are all from IKEA and the bins are all from Target :)

DSC06010.jpg

Reverse Side:
DSC06008.jpg

DSC06031.jpg

DSC06028.jpg

My Sewing/Craft Space:

DSC06080.jpg

DSC06081.jpg

DSC06079.jpg

DSC06082.jpg

Cute outfits and very nice sewing room. I'd like to say I'll share my craft room once we build the new house, but I know I won't! :lmao: It really bums me out when I take the time to make something for somebody and they never even say thanks. Its really even nice to get a picture of the child in the said clothing, but just a general thank for thinking of me and spending time making something just for my child will do. I've stopped sewing things for a friend of mine, because I have yet to see her kids in anything I've made for them. She always says she's gonna snap a picture, but I have yet to get one.

Dinner at Garden Grill:

DSCF0758.jpg

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF0752.jpg

DSCF0753.jpg

DSCF0748.jpg

Yo Ho Ho...
DSCF0799.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

DSCF0801.jpg

DHS day:
DSCF0813.jpg

DSCF0815.jpg

Breakfast at Ohana's:
DSCF0811.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0766.jpg

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I love the appliques and fabrics you used. I have that chip and dale too, and I've been trying to brainstorm what I'm gonna do with them!

Here are the pictures of my new sewing room. I still have to get hubby to move my wall mounted thread racks. When we get a little extra $$$ I will do some actual decorating in there. Maybe paint and spiff it up a little bit.

Spring2011BigGiveMtVernonEtsySewingProjects284.jpg

Spring2011BigGiveMtVernonEtsySewingProjects285.jpg

Spring2011BigGiveMtVernonEtsySewingProjects286.jpg

My Sewing/Craft Space:

DSC06076.jpg

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06077.jpg

DSC06080.jpg

DSC06081.jpg

DSC06079.jpg

DSC06082.jpg

DSC06084.jpg

DSC06085.jpg

DSC06086.jpg

I love the sewing rooms!! :cheer2: Thanks for sharing the pictures...I need to get to work on my room...thanks for inspiring me

I'm hoping to get to Ikea soon...I haven't seen those desks before

The shelves are all from IKEA and the bins are all from Target :)

I was just gonna ask where you got the shelves, as I am hoping to redo my sewing/craft space next year. We have an IKEA opening here in October, so I guess I know where to go for my shelving! LOVE your space!

Dinner at Garden Grill:

DSCF0758.jpg

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0748.jpg

Yo Ho Ho...
DSCF0799.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

DHS day:
DSCF0813.jpg

DSCF0815.jpg

Breakfast at Ohana's:
DSCF0811.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0766.jpg

I love everything!!!

My Sewing/Craft Space:

th_DSC06076.jpg
th_DSC06078.jpg

th_DSC06077.jpg

th_DSC06080.jpg
th_DSC06079.jpg

I love it! I plan on putting those shelves (the 4x4 ones) in my sewing room, at some point... I think I am going to do white though - although I love your light wood color too. DH is currently laying the carpet in my new sewing room... getting closer! :)

D~

Adi- Your room is just beautiful and so is your view! Stunning!!! I really like your set up. How have you enjoyed sewing in the space?

Love all of it!!!!:lovestruc

QUESTION:

I'm about to order some dark transfer ink-jet sheets ... I need at least 10 sheets (between BigGives and shirts for my boys) ... which seller from Ebay or Amazon or which brand do you recommend???? I will just be using my regular iron ... no heat press here :rotfl:

TIA!!!!

I am very behind, but these adorable. They are, However, the same plastic material as the mickey head ones sold in the parks. Just a different design. I love crocs and they are the most comfy shoes I own. I have had several pair in different styles. I just recently tossed a bunch as the tread was gone and they don't do well in the rain. You can slip and fall. :rolleyes1 Don't ask how I know. :rotfl2:

Thats a bummer - they say on the crocs website that they are made of the the croc material and are the traditional croc comfort. I wonder why they would say that :confused3 sorry everyone - I thought they'd be more comfie for the little ones!!!

Miprender - lovin all those adorable outfits!! I spy some fun fabric there!!!!!

Adi - so jealous of your VIEW!!!!!!!!! what water are we looking at?

You all dont want to see my sewing room - its so trashed!!! Anyone want to come up to the philly area and organize it all for me!!!! lol

Love all of it!!!!:lovestruc

QUESTION:

I'm about to order some dark transfer ink-jet sheets ... I need at least 10 sheets (between BigGives and shirts for my boys) ... which seller from Ebay or Amazon or which brand do you recommend???? I will just be using my regular iron ... no heat press here :rotfl:

TIA!!!!

I have no clue, but I would ask the girls on the Dis-signs board. They are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to iron-ons.

Thats a bummer - they say on the crocs website that they are made of the the croc material and are the traditional croc comfort. I wonder why they would say that :confused3 sorry everyone - I thought they'd be more comfie for the little ones!!!

Miprender - lovin all those adorable outfits!! I spy some fun fabric there!!!!!

Adi - so jealous of your VIEW!!!!!!!!! what water are we looking at?

You all dont want to see my sewing room - its so trashed!!! Anyone want to come up to the philly area and organize it all for me!!!! lol

Pick me! Pick me! I'll organize it for you, but you have to give me embroidery lessons on your machine so I can decide if I must have one. Just wish you lived a bit closer!!!

ughhh 2 stores Joannes and Hobby Lobby and I couldnt find those little pellets
to save my soul. The hunt continues...

Princess Week continues . . . Here is the sister set to match Ariel.

230559_219355694745432_210534112294257_982264_1578157_n.jpg

I was super excited today because I did some Disney reservations. Today I booked the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the Pirates League and the Wonderland Tea Party. My girls have been lucky enough to do these activities before but I am still super excited they get to this summer.

In discussing "theoretical" WDW BBB trips my girls both decided they wanted that horrible fake pink hair. I had to take a big girl pill and remember it's their makeover and they get to choose. LOL For goodness sakes I can't have them saying in 15 years "remember the time Mom wouldn't let us get fake pink hair."

Good job on the dress. Well I suppose you can remind them that their pink hair picture *could* show up at their wedding some day...

WOW you all have been doing such lovely stuff. I am getting inspired as I read,

I have managed to thread my sewing machine and have tried doing some squiggly lines on a piece of muslin just to practise my actual stitching, didn't look too bad actually.

The only arty thing I have done is fashion Cullen a top hat for his Royal Wedding Party today at school. Made it out of black card, the flower button hole fell off and broke before he had even left the house. But the hat stayed on for the entire walk to school which was great.

th_April2011007.jpg

Look forward to seeing lots more pictures of all your great stuff.

Good thoughts go with all those who need them as well. Especially wanted to comment on the "it must be my fault" on her son getting cancer. You know that it isn't and if your parents had said that line when you got it you would have been very upset, please don't blame yourself.

Kirsten

The hat is very cute. I can't wait to see your sewing!

Hello Ladies & Gents - have not posted in a little bit or kept up either - It's moving too fast. I have skimmed and everything looks wonderful!
Here are a few pics from my girls Easter outfits.
I made Juliet a Portrait Peasant top and a pretty simply skirt using trapazoid panels. I love how it turned out and the way I finished it. i see many more skirts like the in the future.
224972_1857436208600_1621711716_1860483_7826121_n.jpg

Here is the front of Evangeline's Dress
206819_219168348098784_163938963621723_1048385_2598602_n.jpg

Jocelyn didn't want to wear her dress at first. Here is one side.
226340_221749314507354_163938963621723_1073143_5049397_n.jpg

And here is the dress for a customer
215340_221749161174036_163938963621723_1073138_2461465_n.jpg

Good job on all those dresses! I like all of them!

OK - so I couldn't resist showing you all the stripes I put in my sewing room last night - they turned out so awesome - if I do say so myself! And with my curtain/sewing machine cover fabric:
th_aCIMG8924.jpg

D~

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Continuing Princess week here is Cinderella. . .

224735_219559864725015_210534112294257_984005_3649694_n.jpg

I am enjoying this princess week theme! Keep the pictures coming!

I have looked through all of the pages I missed and WOW! Everything is beautiful! Super talented ladies in this group!!!!

We are under a tornado warning and it is raining so hard right now and the lights are flickering so i grabbed the laptop and the baby and we are hanging out in the basement where it is cooler because when the lights go out the air does as well! It is SO muggy! Anyway, Just wanted to share a few more designs :) I am working on a few step sister and villian outfits next and am super excited about them. My girls LOVED them at 1900 and I can not wait until they see the outfits made with the stepsisters on them!

I also read that there are a few people who wanted to try the Insa skirt. I wanted to add that it is SUPER EASY to make. All of these are the Insa skirt pattern. I made a change to the waist band because I didnt want it to be very long but otherwise it is a great pattern which can be made simple (Snow White) or add lots of applique like the others. It is a great pattern and one of the easier ones to follow! Just make sure you PIN the layers together to make sure they are all going to fit together and make sure you use measurments for the waist and hips as there is not much wiggle room because it is a more fitted skirt.

s7.jpg

Miss Olivia picked each of the appliques for the outfits because they are her favorite from the movies. She keeps saying she wants a Max Dog which is NOT going to happen lol We have a cat (Mostly outdoor comes in to eat and when it rains) and a Boston Terrier puppy which is a hand full so I dont see a Max dog in her future anytime soon.

All those skirts turned out great. Maybe I will try one for a Big Give one day.

Sorry if my instructions are as clear as mud. I just did things to make it easier to sew on the vinyl and a size I was happier with. I wouldn't make the bags any larger than 8.5 x 8.5. Smaller may be nicer because they'd be lighterweight, but my kids are happy with the ones I made them which were 9x9 (turn out a little smaller once sewn).

Here is a finished bag I made for a friend (it has a 4x4 window):
th_026-1.jpg

Thanks for the tutorial Andrea. This is why I like hanging out here - we all help each other out and share tips. Too bad I don't see any eye-spy bags in my future since I am too cheap to pay for shipping to send them for Big Gives.

These are the easy directions I wrote up for a fellow Diser. I am sure everyone makes the skirt differently however this is the way I make the skirt and have found it was very easy this way. I honestly have never once read the directions that came with the book or skirt because I, Well I hate to read directions for ANYTHING lol Im a trial and error kinda gal I guess. Anyway, here they are! I will be making some more of these skirts on Monday so if it would help anyone Id be happy to take some pictures while making it. Also, I am sure I can write up some easier directions for the feliz with pics as well but there is already a good tute for that one but hey if it helps IM willing to make a go at it, just let me know! I do do several things differently then the patterns but they are only to make it easier!

First determine your size. I strongly suggest using measurments and not so much the size of the skirt because there is not much wiggle room in these as they do not have any give that the hips and not much room to stretch at the waist at all!

Cut out 4 of each of the skirt top and skirt bottom pcs. (8 total 4 for the top layer 4 for the bottom layer)

Cut out the waist band. I ALWAYS cut then in half. The waistband is huge but I am not a huge fan of larger drop waists so I use the pattern pcs as a template but I cut it in half length wise :) so it does not reach my daughters ankles!

Once you complete this you will finish the sides of all 4 of your top and bottom pattern pcs. I have a serger and I just do the sides of each pcs.

You then sew the 4 top layer skirt pcs together with your sewing machine then do the same for the bottom.

Press the seams open and topstitch each to the side of the panel.

Sew your waistband together at the sides to form a circle.

I always do the casing for the elastic here because i think it is easier :) So I finish the top edge of the waistband and then I fold it over depending on the size elastic I am using and stitch it in place leaving a small opening for the elastic to go in.

Now here is where you need to pin pin and pin some more.

You will take the top layer of the skirt and place it overtop of the bottom layer with the wrong side of the top layer facing the right side of the bottom layer (Basicly how it will look when it is finished. I normally use a basting stitch and stitch them together to avoid one slipping out on the next step.

Next you will turn the waistband inside out and place the wrong side of the waistband over top of the right side of the skirt portion with the raw edges touching.

I Sew it first then finish the seam. Press the seam allowence to the top and topstitch. INsert the elastic and sew up the hole.

You can choose to either finish with ruffles or hem. Either way it looks super cute!

Thanks for taking the time and share the tutorial with us. I will have to save that in case I ended up making an Insa for a Big Give.

Just made it back from picking up Bubba. I am so angry! Other than a good cleaning, there was nothing wrong with it...except for what Brother TOLD me to do to fix the problem.

The bobbin tension was too tight, so I loosened as per the instructions from Brother. What was actually wrong was a speck of lint in the tensioning disks. No matter how loose I made the tension, I would NEVER be able to fix it! LOL

I also bought the cap hoopster for my machine while I was there. I might just attempt a cap sometime this weekend...as if I wasn't already behind enough!

I guess I'd better feed the grand daughter now, so we can leave soon for therapy...

Nini

That's too bad about your machine. I hope it wasn't too expensive to "fix" as a result. Thanks for letting us know about the problem because I am sure one of us will run into a similar problem one day. At least that's one more thing we can try.

Very cute!

Dinner at Garden Grill:

DSCF0758.jpg

Still have more to finish and only 82 days left

Good job on all of them. I can't wait to see pictures of them "in action."

th_DSC06010.jpg

Reverse Side:
th_DSC06008.jpg

th_DSC06031.jpg

th_DSC06028.jpg

Good job on the outfits. Hopefully the principal is just behind sending a thank you note or something.

My Sewing/Craft Space

Your craft space is beautiful. The view is amazing! (Sorry I had to take the picture out so I am not over the pic limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter