Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Ladies & Gents - have not posted in a little bit or kept up either - It's moving too fast. I have skimmed and everything looks wonderful!
Here are a few pics from my girls Easter outfits.
I made Juliet a Portrait Peasant top and a pretty simply skirt using trapazoid panels. I love how it turned out and the way I finished it. i see many more skirts like the in the future.
224972_1857436208600_1621711716_1860483_7826121_n.jpg

222214_1861967721885_1621711716_1869306_5586417_n.jpg

Here is the front of Evangeline's Dress
206819_219168348098784_163938963621723_1048385_2598602_n.jpg

Here is the back
205664_219168438098775_163938963621723_1048386_7050184_n.jpg

And here is the reverse of her dress
221985_221747374507548_163938963621723_1073132_5922250_n.jpg

Jocelyn didn't want to wear her dress at first. Here is one side.
226340_221749314507354_163938963621723_1073143_5049397_n.jpg

And the reverse
215540_221749277840691_163938963621723_1073142_4696609_n.jpg

And here is the dress for a customer
215340_221749161174036_163938963621723_1073138_2461465_n.jpg

225965_221749227840696_163938963621723_1073140_5211406_n.jpg

222470_221749204507365_163938963621723_1073139_358101_n.jpg
Oh my! These are gorgeous! I can't even pick a favorite, they are all great.
CUTE everything! But, I am especially lovin' the Jessie outfit!

OK - so I couldn't resist showing you all the stripes I put in my sewing room last night - they turned out so awesome - if I do say so myself! :wizard:

Please keep in mind that we are still "under construction" though - it's a mess!
aCIMG8919.jpg

And with my curtain/sewing machine cover fabric:
aCIMG8924.jpg

D~
Oh I love the stripes and your fabric choice. I bet it's going to be a fun room to create in.
so many cool things. I know someone asked me a while back what pattern I used on the tinkerbell skirt I did.

This is actually the basis of the pattern I have been using a lot lately. I just love the look and ease of it.

May Day Skirt Tutorial

What I have actually done is combine a bunch of different tutorials and patterns that I like to come with the style of skirt I like. One of the reasons I love this one is it is no gathering it comes from the waist band.

The only thing I generally have to do is figure out how wide and long to cut my fabric.
Thanks for that tut! It looks like a great pattern.

DS went to the Dr for a cold and when they checked his ears he had 3 pencil top erasers in his ears!:scared1: Now we know why he was screaming at us.
Yikes! What is it with boys and ears. My kid stuck rocks in his ear at school one day9kindergarten). The only reason I knew about it was becasue I happened to be volunteering that day and a little tattle tale told me she saw him do it at nap time. Apparently he stuck them in his pocket at recess and he said he didn't want to listen to that little girl so he put them in his ear. :rotfl2: That was a fun trip to he ER

Continuing Princess week here is Cinderella. . .

224735_219559864725015_210534112294257_984005_3649694_n.jpg
Love it.

I
I also read that there are a few people who wanted to try the Insa skirt. I wanted to add that it is SUPER EASY to make. All of these are the Insa skirt pattern. I made a change to the waist band because I didnt want it to be very long but otherwise it is a great pattern which can be made simple (Snow White) or add lots of applique like the others. It is a great pattern and one of the easier ones to follow! Just make sure you PIN the layers together to make sure they are all going to fit together and make sure you use measurments for the waist and hips as there is not much wiggle room because it is a more fitted skirt.

s7.jpg

[/IMG]
Sorry I had to cut down the photos, I was over the 25 limit. But wow. Maybe I'll have to add the Insa to my lllooonnnggg list of wants. These are great.

HELP!!!!!

Sorry to shout. But I hope to get some answers fast. I have been looking for a new machine for a while. My last one gave out and I bought a Walmart brother to last until I could afford/find what I want. I want a heavy duty machine I can use and use and abuse(with use) and it last. Just a sewing machine. I have an embroidery machine. I also have a brother serger (actually it is on permeant loan from mom she got tired of having to rethread it and threatened to through it out the door. I saved it.) I can do okay with it but once it is unthreaded it can take hours to get it to sew right again. ( I am NOT stretching the truth here).

Getting to the point. I have found a Huskylock 936 (looks similar to a s25) on Craigslist. Is this a good machine? What can I do with it? right now I just finish seams with mine. Can it do a striaght stitch? The Husqvarna site said it will sew denim and heavy weight fabric. Please help. I need a new machine but don't want to waste my time if this is not going to be what I want. I NEEEEED a new sewing machine. I would like a good serger. I don't know anything about these machines and am going blind right now. Thank you ladies for all of your help:worship:
I'm not going to be much help here, either as I too have a Viking combo sew/ embroidery machine. I love it to pieces, its a great machine. If the sewing machines are built with he same craftsmanship, then it will last you a long time. I also have a plain old cheapie Singer which was my first machine bought at Target for less than $100 like 10 years ago. It still runs like brand new, but its a very basic straight and zig zag stitch only. I'm sure someone will give you a great recommendation.

You guys are just so fast. Wayyy too much to quote here but I have loved looking at everyones stuff. The Insla, the shirts, the dresses, the sewing room!! Wow!!
I too have the book and have gone thru the pages and even traced out the Insla but haven't even begun to start it yet. I want to do the Vida first to get some practice in then move on up!!
I also have 2 other books..little girls big style and Jennifer (sisBoom) new one. That just came in the mail yesterday so Im only looking at the pictures right now. The Little girls Big Style one I have made a couple of tops and bottoms out of. That one is easy to follow if anyone wants to make something cute that is a good book to start off with too

You guys are just so fast. Wayyy too much to quote here but I have loved looking at everyones stuff. The Insla, the shirts, the dresses, the sewing room!! Wow!!
I too have the book and have gone thru the pages and even traced out the Insla but haven't even begun to start it yet. I want to do the Vida first to get some practice in then move on up!!
I also have 2 other books..little girls big style and Jennifer (sisBoom) new one. That just came in the mail yesterday so Im only looking at the pictures right now. The Little girls Big Style one I have made a couple of tops and bottoms out of. That one is easy to follow if anyone wants to make something cute that is a good book to start off with too

I was planning to order Girls World next ( Jenn P) and I will add Little Girls big style to the list. Thanks!

MY DH is working a double today so I was going to work on some Big Gives tonite since he wasn't home and I don't sleep well but I feel the stomach bug that both DH and DD woke up with today coming on. I feel achy and yucky.

Guess it is going to be a browsing the internet kind of night since I don't want to pass on my germs.

MY DH is working a double today so I was going to work on some Big Gives tonite since he wasn't home and I don't sleep well but I feel the stomach bug that both DH and DD woke up with today coming on. I feel achy and yucky.

Guess it is going to be a browsing the internet kind of night since I don't want to pass on my germs.

Oh no!

Feel better Chiara :hug:

We'll browse the internet together. I am trying to come up with my plan of action for importing my fabric.....this depends heavily on which sites offer the best shipping...so browsing it is.

I am going to ask hubby for an embrodery machine for Mothers day or a serger.....any recommendations? Which would you choose?

Hello Ladies & Gents - have not posted in a little bit or kept up either - It's moving too fast. I have skimmed and everything looks wonderful!
I made Juliet a Portrait Peasant top and a pretty simply skirt using trapazoid panels. I love how it turned out and the way I finished it. i see many more skirts like the in the future.
224972_1857436208600_1621711716_1860483_7826121_n.jpg

222214_1861967721885_1621711716_1869306_5586417_n.jpg

Here is the front of Evangeline's Dress
206819_219168348098784_163938963621723_1048385_2598602_n.jpg

Here is the back

And here is the reverse of her dress
221985_221747374507548_163938963621723_1073132_5922250_n.jpg

They are all adorable!!! I love the bows on the first reversible!!

All your stuff looks amazing as usual!!

For those of you that have the Girls World. Are some of these patterns ones you can get on youcanmakethis, or are they all new??

CUTE everything! But, I am especially lovin' the Jessie outfit!

OK - so I couldn't resist showing you all the stripes I put in my sewing room last night - they turned out so awesome - if I do say so myself! :wizard:

Please keep in mind that we are still "under construction" though - it's a mess!
aCIMG8919.jpg

And with my curtain/sewing machine cover fabric:
aCIMG8924.jpg

D~

The stripes are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your progress, I have really enjoyed the pictures and updates.

WOW you all have been doing such lovely stuff. I am getting inspired as I read,

I have managed to thread my sewing machine and have tried doing some squiggly lines on a piece of muslin just to practise my actual stitching, didn't look too bad actually.

The only arty thing I have done is fashion Cullen a top hat for his Royal Wedding Party today at school. Made it out of black card, the flower button hole fell off and broke before he had even left the house. But the hat stayed on for the entire walk to school which was great.

April2011007.jpg

Look forward to seeing lots more pictures of all your great stuff.

Good thoughts go with all those who need them as well. Especially wanted to comment on the "it must be my fault" on her son getting cancer. You know that it isn't and if your parents had said that line when you got it you would have been very upset, please don't blame yourself.

Kirsten

Your son is adorable, congrats on the sewing machine progress! If you can sew a straight line you are ready for a pair of easy fit pants!

Here is the stripwork jumper. I decided to put the ruffle at the top after all. I felt like it needed a pop of the orange up there to tie in with the orange on the bottom.

th_P4270001.jpg

Looks adorable with the ruffle at the top. I go back and forth with the ruffle...just depends on what I am making and the colors.

Princess Week continues . . . Here is the sister set to match Ariel.

230559_219355694745432_210534112294257_982264_1578157_n.jpg

I was super excited today because I did some Disney reservations. Today I booked the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the Pirates League and the Wonderland Tea Party. My girls have been lucky enough to do these activities before but I am still super excited they get to this summer.

In discussing "theoretical" WDW BBB trips my girls both decided they wanted that horrible fake pink hair. I had to take a big girl pill and remember it's their makeover and they get to choose. LOL For goodness sakes I can't have them saying in 15 years "remember the time Mom wouldn't let us get fake pink hair." :laughing:

Just had to quote this. My DDs are grown with children now. We were very strict on them growing up. They were involved in everything, but if there was something I didn't like, didn't approve of, or just didn't want them to do I didn't mind telling them. I also made them work from the time they were old enough to pay for "fun things" they wanted. Their curfew was 11 on the dot right up until the night they were married. At the time, they thought I was "unfair" but always knew they had to obey regardless. Now...looking back, they love me for it, we are extremely close (and always were), and with children of their own they KNOW why I was the way I was. :goodvibes
Just a side note: PINK HAIR WOULD HAVE BEEN OKAY!! Let them do it!!
;)

WOW you all have been doing such lovely stuff. I am getting inspired as I read,

I have managed to thread my sewing machine and have tried doing some squiggly lines on a piece of muslin just to practise my actual stitching, didn't look too bad actually.

The only arty thing I have done is fashion Cullen a top hat for his Royal Wedding Party today at school. Made it out of black card, the flower button hole fell off and broke before he had even left the house. But the hat stayed on for the entire walk to school which was great.

th_April2011007.jpg

Kirsten

Kirsten - cute hat. That is so cute that they are doing Royal Wedding Party.

Here is the back

All of the dresses are super cute!! I love the backof this one....!!!

Here is the funny thing about pink hair. I was a very "creative" teenager. The only color hair I did not have was green. ;) When I was 15 I had HOT PINK hair. It's how I snagged my husband. He saw me in the hall and said, "she's the one." LOL Sixteen years later hair is not hot pink anymore. Now one of our bedroom walls is! :rotfl2:

Love the soft colors in this one!! Very cute. I like how you are adding the ruffle to the bottom too.

We are under a tornado warning and it is raining so hard right now and the lights are flickering so i grabbed the laptop and the baby and we are hanging out in the basement where it is cooler because when the lights go out the air does as well! It is SO muggy! Anyway, Just wanted to share a few more designs :) I am working on a few step sister and villian outfits next and am super excited about them. My girls LOVED them at 1900 and I can not wait until they see the outfits made with the stepsisters on them!
th_c9.jpg

th_c7.jpg

th_c6.jpg

th_c4.jpg

Miss Olivia picked each of the appliques for the outfits because they are her favorite from the movies. She keeps saying she wants a Max Dog which is NOT going to happen lol We have a cat (Mostly outdoor comes in to eat and when it rains) and a Boston Terrier puppy which is a hand full so I dont see a Max dog in her future anytime soon.

Everything is just beautiful. Love your really big appliques!!!!! This one is my FAVORITE!!

Too cute on the Max Dog. How can you say "no" to that beautiful smile?

I would love to make eye spy bags for the big gives, Is there an easy tutorial
includig what kind of plastic and filler is used?
Thanks in advance and thanks for all the great ideas.
You are an amazing group of women and 2 guys?

I see you've been busy! Would you mind telling me what size the finished project measures out to be? I picked up 3/4 yard solid flannel in the remnant bin at Hancock, and the particular Hancock's I got it had their remnants at 75% off. My to do list is currently too long to fit any in right now, but once I get completed with my projects and a my week of full time work is over I should be able to start doing some cases for GKTW. I have two BGs to do (started one), a blanket for my sister, and teacher's gifts to finish -- though my totes are done and I already have coffee cozies, bookmarks and luggage tags inside so it's not the end of the world if I don't get bracelets and notebook covers made.

YIPES! That's a long to do list. The final size of the pillow should be approximately 10" by 15" and the pocket part approximately 10" by 11.5". Hope that helps.

:)

Oh no!

I am going to ask hubby for an embrodery machine for Mothers day or a serger.....any recommendations? Which would you choose?

I would ask for an embroidery machine. I love being able to embroider without having someone else do it. The downside is they are alot more expensive. Not just the machine, but all the supplies that are needed. To me you can't go wrong with a brother. Very easy to use.

The Vida was not too bad. I used the online tutorial, but the book just scared me:lmao:

Not sure you understood what I was saying. I'm going to make my own pattern which will look similar to the Vida. I already made my own pattern of the Simply Sweet.

I haven't purchased online patterns yet.

Princess Week continues . . . Here is the sister set to match Ariel.

230559_219355694745432_210534112294257_982264_1578157_n.jpg

I was super excited today because I did some Disney reservations. Today I booked the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the Pirates League and the Wonderland Tea Party. My girls have been lucky enough to do these activities before but I am still super excited they get to this summer.

In discussing "theoretical" WDW BBB trips my girls both decided they wanted that horrible fake pink hair. I had to take a big girl pill and remember it's their makeover and they get to choose. LOL For goodness sakes I can't have them saying in 15 years "remember the time Mom wouldn't let us get fake pink hair." :laughing:

I love the ariel and snow white sets!
I had to laugh out loud reading your post Tues. was my 10 day mark and this is the first time in 6 years that I am not making reservations for the BBB :sad1: Gianna is OVER princesses, customs and anything that is girly, ruffly, and in her opinion babyish.

We have done BBB at least 10x and had each style at least twice. Pink, rainbow and turquoise pop princess style, Pink and Blond for Disney Diva and then the standard fairytale princess bun. Funny enough I cringed when she would pick the bun...Gianna is very ....BOLD in her personality :rolleyes1 and the bun is sooo not her...I would always say "are you sure you don't want the pink/blue/rainbow hair?" The FGIT always was surprised, so I guess I am as strange as I think I am :laughing:

For those of you that have the Girls World. Are some of these patterns ones you can get on youcanmakethis, or are they all new??

I got the book over the weekend and I would say they are all new patterns not available elsewhere that I have seen. Haven't made anything yet though.

As far as clothes there are 3 dresses, 1 tunic (looks similar to one on YCMT but not identical), a fairly basic apron, a ruffled apron and a tulle skirt. The rest is accessories such as headband, lampshade, banner, pillows, purse, bag, stuffed dog.

Hope that helps.

If you haven't tried an online pattern I would. I can't do a McCalls pattern to save my life. I have bought several off of YCMT and they are wonderful. I am a self taught sewer and found these very easy to follow.

YIPES! That's a long to do list. The final size of the pillow should be approximately 10" by 15" and the pocket part approximately 10" by 11.5". Hope that helps.

:)

Thanks :) I figured they were tinier than a regular pillow case based on the fabric requirements but just couldn't picture in my mind what size they were. Someone on the BG board was asking for my detailed instructions. I tried c/p your tut but it wouldn't copy the pics so I just posted a link there to your tut on part 24 -- I hope you don't mind. Please let me know if you do and I'll remove my post.

WTMTQ! Beautiful Insa's. I'm glad you are willing to offer help as I will probably need it -- but no clue when I'll get around to trying one!

And adorable A-lines as well! All this embroidery is making me jealous!

I got the book over the weekend and I would say they are all new patterns not available elsewhere that I have seen. Haven't made anything yet though.

As far as clothes there are 3 dresses, 1 tunic (looks similar to one on YCMT but not identical), a fairly basic apron, a ruffled apron and a tulle skirt. The rest is accessories such as headband, lampshade, banner, pillows, purse, bag, stuffed dog.

Hope that helps.

Oooh thanks!! I went ahead and purchased that book and sewing clothes. I in no way need new patterns, but what the heck - it's a good price!

Oh dear! I'm sure the inside of her ear sparkles now! My dd swallowed a penny when she was three or four years old. There are two things NOT to swallow -- pennies and batteries. She did it b/c she watching the Curious George show where he swallowed a puzzle piece and got to go to the hospital and she wanted the attention of going to the hospital. We just went to the clinic and she hated getting an x-ray so she never swallowed a thing after that (and it was already in her intestine -- frankly we didn't even know if we should believe her or not, but it was there).

When I was in Jr. High, I was sitting to my BF in science class. She was chewing on the top of her bic Pen. You know the basic one with the blue cap and clip. She looked at me and said "I just swallowed my pen cap". She was rushed to the hospital because they were worried that clip could hook onto something and not come out. But after her xrays, they said she was lucky the pen cap went down with the clip pointing up. Her mother had the "pleasure" of making sure it all came out okay. :rotfl:

HELP!!!!!

Sorry to shout. But I hope to get some answers fast. I have been looking for a new machine for a while. My last one gave out and I bought a Walmart brother to last until I could afford/find what I want. I want a heavy duty machine I can use and use and abuse(with use) and it last. Just a sewing machine. I have an embroidery machine. I also have a brother serger (actually it is on permeant loan from mom she got tired of having to rethread it and threatened to through it out the door. I saved it.) I can do okay with it but once it is unthreaded it can take hours to get it to sew right again. ( I am NOT stretching the truth here).

Getting to the point. I have found a Huskylock 936 (looks similar to a s25) on Craigslist. Is this a good machine? What can I do with it? right now I just finish seams with mine. Can it do a striaght stitch? The Husqvarna site said it will sew denim and heavy weight fabric. Please help. I need a new machine but don't want to waste my time if this is not going to be what I want. I NEEEEED a new sewing machine. I would like a good serger. I don't know anything about these machines and am going blind right now. Thank you ladies for all of your help:worship:

Some Diser's have been trying to use the color red with Question or Help so it won't get overlooked. Kind of like a red flag. But we sure couldn't miss your question!! :goodvibes Wish I could help more, I don't know about this machine. I have a Janome and I love it. It's a good sturdy machine made with metal parts. I bought it from the sewing shop, she had machines that were resells. Someone upgraded their machine and turned this one in, it was less then a year old. I don't think I'd buy anything but a Janome for a sewing machine. I have a brother serger, it's just the cheap one from WallieWorld, I wish I waited becuase the pressure foot handle broke after just 2 months. It's not a nice sturdy machine. That is going to be my next purchase. I have a Brother 780D for embroidery and I love it. Have you done a Google search for HuskyLock 936 reviews? I'm sure you'd come up with quite alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter