Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many cool things. I know someone asked me a while back what pattern I used on the tinkerbell skirt I did.

This is actually the basis of the pattern I have been using a lot lately. I just love the look and ease of it.

May Day Skirt Tutorial

What I have actually done is combine a bunch of different tutorials and patterns that I like to come with the style of skirt I like. One of the reasons I love this one is it is no gathering it comes from the waist band.

The only thing I generally have to do is figure out how wide and long to cut my fabric.

Confession: I actually had purchased the book in December and after reading through it I returned it. I see the beautiful creations everyone makes but it just seemed to difficult for me:confused3

I guess some of the can be difficult, but I like the challenge of a new pattern and figuring it out etc. If I am unsure I just use some cheap fabric from stash, or a sheet to get things straightened out in my head. Then once you have made something once, it gets easier.

The t-shirt part reminds me of the waiting area for the Nemo ride!

I hadn't thought about Nemo, but you are so right, and I can picture it now.

Wow -already on thread 25!!! So many beautiful creations!!! :worship:

And a little OT - I hope your children leave the "bling" on the customs - my 7 yr old spent the day at the ENT removing a "jewel" that had ended up in her ear!!:scared1: That is one expensive rhinestone now!!!:lmao:

OMG, lucky for me my boys never stuck anything where it didn't belong, or swallow anything they really shouldn't have. (except maybe dirt)

Princess Week continues . . . Here is the sister set to match Ariel.

230559_219355694745432_210534112294257_982264_1578157_n.jpg

I was super excited today because I did some Disney reservations. Today I booked the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the Pirates League and the Wonderland Tea Party. My girls have been lucky enough to do these activities before but I am still super excited they get to this summer.

In discussing "theoretical" WDW BBB trips my girls both decided they wanted that horrible fake pink hair. I had to take a big girl pill and remember it's their makeover and they get to choose. LOL For goodness sakes I can't have them saying in 15 years "remember the time Mom wouldn't let us get fake pink hair." :laughing:

Great set. And I too could never understand why the girls would get the horrible pink hair. Guess it's not usually the mom's choice, and sometimes it just doesn't matter how you raise them, they end up with their own ideas. :laughing::confused3

WOW you all have been doing such lovely stuff. I am getting inspired as I read,

I have managed to thread my sewing machine and have tried doing some squiggly lines on a piece of muslin just to practise my actual stitching, didn't look too bad actually.

The only arty thing I have done is fashion Cullen a top hat for his Royal Wedding Party today at school. Made it out of black card, the flower button hole fell off and broke before he had even left the house. But the hat stayed on for the entire walk to school which was great.

April2011007.jpg

Look forward to seeing lots more pictures of all your great stuff.

Good thoughts go with all those who need them as well. Especially wanted to comment on the "it must be my fault" on her son getting cancer. You know that it isn't and if your parents had said that line when you got it you would have been very upset, please don't blame yourself.

Kirsten

Very handsome hat on a handsome boy.

Hello Ladies & Gents - have not posted in a little bit or kept up either - It's moving too fast. I have skimmed and everything looks wonderful!
Here are a few pics from my girls Easter outfits.
I made Juliet a Portrait Peasant top and a pretty simply skirt using trapazoid panels. I love how it turned out and the way I finished it. i see many more skirts like the in the future.
224972_1857436208600_1621711716_1860483_7826121_n.jpg

222214_1861967721885_1621711716_1869306_5586417_n.jpg

Everything is great. Love the little blue crocs in this shot. And all that reversible, talk about double duty, super job.

CUTE everything! But, I am especially lovin' the Jessie outfit!

OK - so I couldn't resist showing you all the stripes I put in my sewing room last night - they turned out so awesome - if I do say so myself! :wizard:

Please keep in mind that we are still "under construction" though - it's a mess!
aCIMG8919.jpg

And with my curtain/sewing machine cover fabric:
aCIMG8924.jpg

D~

Awesome, and I love the fabric you chose.

Thanks!!!

Matilda Jane can be a bit pricey but it's addictive! LOL The straightees are beyond comfy. My girls don't wear pants but they love these!

It's Princess Week in our house. So, here is Ariel . . .

225762_219290524751949_210534112294257_981592_8089182_n.jpg
Amiee,
I love the idea of princess week, very creative. I think we may have to do a pirate week but the boys just aren't into the customs. The outfits all are so fresh looking and great fabric choices. I am sending you a PM.

Here is the stripwork jumper. I decided to put the ruffle at the top after all. I felt like it needed a pop of the orange up there to tie in with the orange on the bottom.

P4270001.jpg
Diane, I love the jumper and the bottom ruffle just ties into the rest of the dress. I am glad you put it on.

When I made my first (because of being on this thread a few years ago) pillowcase dresses, I actually just used the width of a dress that fit the girls and then winged it to make Minnie Pillowcase Dresses. The Minnie patch on the front is actually one of those iron on patches that you get for fixing the knees in pants - I just cut it into the shape of a Mickey head - lol....
100_4654_00.jpg
Wendy, I didn't know that you never made a pillowcase dress. Then again, I never had either. I love it and your attention to detail.
Princess Week continues . . . Here is the sister set to match Ariel.

230559_219355694745432_210534112294257_982264_1578157_n.jpg
Congrats on the reservations! Glad you get to go back!!! Once again, I love the freshness. We only wear T's that cover the shoulders to stop the sunburns but I may have to rethink that idea. I just love these outfits.

Wow -already on thread 25!!! So many beautiful creations!!! :worship:

And a little OT - I hope your children leave the "bling" on the customs - my 7 yr old spent the day at the ENT removing a "jewel" that had ended up in her ear!!:scared1: That is one expensive rhinestone now!!!:lmao:
DS went to the Dr for a cold and when they checked his ears he had 3 pencil top erasers in his ears!:scared1: Now we know why he was screaming at us.

newsI have sad, sad news
I've been trying to meet multiple commitments sewing wise this week- finished 4 burp cloths for cupcakes, 2 big brother t shirts, made dd a new shirt and turned her previous dress into a matching skirt, and then IT happened... I was getting ready to start ds's shirt, and he walked in and said- mom, I'm not wearing that- customs are for babies! Oh, my heart:confused3
Nicole, try a huge amount of guilt. The boys wear what I make because it makes me happy. Happy wife makes for a happy life. Happy mom also applies.

A while back I saw a precious boys shirt that had "Princess Protection" on it. I would love to make something similar for my nephew for their trip. If it was yours or you know where the pic is would you please share with me? THANKS!!

Jeanne (Jham) got one for Luke. I am pretty sure she ordered it from etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/6521001...ion&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I am not positive if that is the seller or if that is where it actually came from but here is a picture.

Here is the funny thing about pink hair. I was a very "creative" teenager. The only color hair I did not have was green. ;) When I was 15 I had HOT PINK hair. It's how I snagged my husband. He saw me in the hall and said, "she's the one." LOL Sixteen years later hair is not hot pink anymore. Now one of our bedroom walls is! :rotfl2:

Continuing Princess week here is Cinderella. . .

224735_219559864725015_210534112294257_984005_3649694_n.jpg

I have managed to thread my sewing machine and have tried doing some squiggly lines on a piece of muslin just to practise my actual stitching, didn't look too bad actually.

The only arty thing I have done is fashion Cullen a top hat for his Royal Wedding Party today at school. Made it out of black card, the flower button hole fell off and broke before he had even left the house. But the hat stayed on for the entire walk to school which was great.

April2011007.jpg

Kirsten
Kirsten,
Your little guy is adorable. Keep up the practice and get started on something easy. Easy pants are fun and super quick to make. Good luck.

Hello Ladies & Gents - have not posted in a little bit or kept up either - It's moving too fast. I have skimmed and everything looks wonderful!
I made Juliet a Portrait Peasant top and a pretty simply skirt using trapazoid panels. I love how it turned out and the way I finished it. i see many more skirts like the in the future.

222214_1861967721885_1621711716_1869306_5586417_n.jpg

Here is the front of Evangeline's Dress
206819_219168348098784_163938963621723_1048385_2598602_n.jpg

Here is the back
205664_219168438098775_163938963621723_1048386_7050184_n.jpg

And here is the reverse of her dress
221985_221747374507548_163938963621723_1073132_5922250_n.jpg

Jocelyn didn't want to wear her dress at first. Here is one side.
226340_221749314507354_163938963621723_1073143_5049397_n.jpg

And the reverse
215540_221749277840691_163938963621723_1073142_4696609_n.jpg

And here is the dress for a customer
215340_221749161174036_163938963621723_1073138_2461465_n.jpg

225965_221749227840696_163938963621723_1073140_5211406_n.jpg

222470_221749204507365_163938963621723_1073139_358101_n.jpg
Wow, now wonder you haven't been here, you have been very busy. Love it all but the jessie dress is my favorite.

Here is the funny thing about pink hair. I was a very "creative" teenager. The only color hair I did not have was green. ;) When I was 15 I had HOT PINK hair. It's how I snagged my husband. He saw me in the hall and said, "she's the one." LOL Sixteen years later hair is not hot pink anymore. Now one of our bedroom walls is! :rotfl2:

Continuing Princess week here is Cinderella. . .

224735_219559864725015_210534112294257_984005_3649694_n.jpg

Oh I am totally in love with this one.

Jeanne (Jham) got one for Luke. I am pretty sure she ordered it from etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/6521001...ion&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I am not positive if that is the seller or if that is where it actually came from but here is a picture.

I bought the Princess Protection shirt from this etsy seller. Super easy to work w/ and fast shipping. My boy and DH are going to wear them when the baby wears her Aurora SimplySweet dress and the older girls wear their bling shirts.

I got my copy for Christmas. I too have looked through the book and it's sitting on my shelf. I'm also a little scared to try it out. The patterns do seem more complicated.

I'm not taking it back, I'm just waiting a bit until I feel ready to try one. Maybe after I try making my own pattern like the Vida.

The Vida was not too bad. I used the online tutorial, but the book just scared me:lmao:

WOW you all have been doing such lovely stuff. I am getting inspired as I read,

th_April2011007.jpg

Kirsten

Cute:goodvibes

Love all the dresses!

Please keep in mind that we are still "under construction" though - it's a mess!
aCIMG8919.jpg

And with my curtain/sewing machine cover fabric:
aCIMG8924.jpg

D~

Looks like it will be a fun room to sew in. I love the fabric you picked.

so many cool things. I know someone asked me a while back what pattern I used on the tinkerbell skirt I did.

This is actually the basis of the pattern I have been using a lot lately. I just love the look and ease of it.

May Day Skirt Tutorial

Thanks for the link.

I guess some of the can be difficult, but I like the challenge of a new pattern and figuring it out etc. If I am unsure I just use some cheap fabric from stash, or a sheet to get things straightened out in my head. Then once you have made something once, it gets easier.

My problem is I am too impatient.:lmao: And since I had already purchased so many online patterns I figured I would just return the book and try something else that is at my level.

OMG everybodies creations are adorable. My dd loves all the princess dresses. I am in the beginning stages of trying to figure out what to make my kids for our trip. I would love for them to match but boys and girls can be hard. My son will be 6, but will wear whatever. He loves when I make him stuff.

I have looked through all of the pages I missed and WOW! Everything is beautiful! Super talented ladies in this group!!!!

We are under a tornado warning and it is raining so hard right now and the lights are flickering so i grabbed the laptop and the baby and we are hanging out in the basement where it is cooler because when the lights go out the air does as well! It is SO muggy! Anyway, Just wanted to share a few more designs :) I am working on a few step sister and villian outfits next and am super excited about them. My girls LOVED them at 1900 and I can not wait until they see the outfits made with the stepsisters on them!

I also read that there are a few people who wanted to try the Insa skirt. I wanted to add that it is SUPER EASY to make. All of these are the Insa skirt pattern. I made a change to the waist band because I didnt want it to be very long but otherwise it is a great pattern which can be made simple (Snow White) or add lots of applique like the others. It is a great pattern and one of the easier ones to follow! Just make sure you PIN the layers together to make sure they are all going to fit together and make sure you use measurments for the waist and hips as there is not much wiggle room because it is a more fitted skirt.

s7.jpg

s3.jpg

c9.jpg

c7.jpg

c6.jpg

c4.jpg

a9.jpg

a6.jpg

a3.jpg

a1-1.jpg

Miss Olivia picked each of the appliques for the outfits because they are her favorite from the movies. She keeps saying she wants a Max Dog which is NOT going to happen lol We have a cat (Mostly outdoor comes in to eat and when it rains) and a Boston Terrier puppy which is a hand full so I dont see a Max dog in her future anytime soon.

Another question, Where do most of you get your appliques from. Your disney ones.

I am in Northern Maryland Close to the PA line. Seems like the worst of it has crossed over to PA now which is good for me but praying they are all ok!

I have heard about the split designs as well but I have never tried them. I would LOVE to tho Wish I knew where to find them. I honestly do not even know my hoop size. They are done in the large hoop. I know I have a mega hoop as well but it is super skinny (Same width as the large hoop) so I can not make them that much larger. I only do them larger because it is easier on me lol I dont like to cut out small appliques!

Thank you for your kind words about my outfits :love:

Well my favorite applique designs are Heathersues! HErs are the EASIEST ones to follow. I make some of them myself but they are ones with lots of steps and color changes because I have not mastered making them yet. Others I purchase from a few different sellers! PM me and I will send you the links

HELP!!!!!

Sorry to shout. But I hope to get some answers fast. I have been looking for a new machine for a while. My last one gave out and I bought a Walmart brother to last until I could afford/find what I want. I want a heavy duty machine I can use and use and abuse(with use) and it last. Just a sewing machine. I have an embroidery machine. I also have a brother serger (actually it is on permeant loan from mom she got tired of having to rethread it and threatened to through it out the door. I saved it.) I can do okay with it but once it is unthreaded it can take hours to get it to sew right again. ( I am NOT stretching the truth here).

Getting to the point. I have found a Huskylock 936 (looks similar to a s25) on Craigslist. Is this a good machine? What can I do with it? right now I just finish seams with mine. Can it do a striaght stitch? The Husqvarna site said it will sew denim and heavy weight fabric. Please help. I need a new machine but don't want to waste my time if this is not going to be what I want. I NEEEEED a new sewing machine. I would like a good serger. I don't know anything about these machines and am going blind right now. Thank you ladies for all of your help:worship:

HELP!!!!!

Sorry to shout. But I hope to get some answers fast. I have been looking for a new machine for a while. My last one gave out and I bought a Walmart brother to last until I could afford/find what I want. I want a heavy duty machine I can use and use and abuse(with use) and it last. Just a sewing machine. I have an embroidery machine. I also have a brother serger (actually it is on permeant loan from mom she got tired of having to rethread it and threatened to through it out the door. I saved it.) I can do okay with it but once it is unthreaded it can take hours to get it to sew right again. ( I am NOT stretching the truth here).

Getting to the point. I have found a Huskylock 936 (looks similar to a s25) on Craigslist. Is this a good machine? What can I do with it? right now I just finish seams with mine. Can it do a striaght stitch? The Husqvarna site said it will sew denim and heavy weight fabric. Please help. I need a new machine but don't want to waste my time if this is not going to be what I want. I NEEEEED a new sewing machine. I would like a good serger. I don't know anything about these machines and am going blind right now. Thank you ladies for all of your help:worship:

I have a Husqvarna Sewing machine/ Embord Machine and it was wonderful but I dont have any help on the one you are asking about. If you are just looking for a basic sewing machine, I would stick with a Singer they cost less and do the job well and hold up well!

Did want to ask what brother serger you have. I have a brother serger and wanted to see if there is something I could help with. Stinks to have to purchase a new serger when you have one already!

Also, If anyone needs help on the Feliz or the Insa, you can PM me! They are my 2 favorite patterns and Id be happy to help anywhere I can!

Also, If anyone needs help on the Feliz or the Insa, you can PM me! They are my 2 favorite patterns and Id be happy to help anywhere I can!

YEAH! so glad you offered to do this and I will take you up on it for sure! Your Feliz dresses inspired me to buy the book "sewing clothes kids love" just so I can have those patterns...

Sent you a PM because I already have a ?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter