Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had cruising on the brain the last few days.

200414_212497468764588_210534112294257_927461_6993836_n.jpg

205445_212194858794849_210534112294257_925912_2378664_n.jpg

So CUTE!!! Love both these outfits!!! Great job!!

Teresa - I hope you can figure it out!! Once I got a tiny piece of thread stuck in the thread through thing - I took off the "face" and got it out and all was well again.....???

It "could" be a bad machine. My SIL had to get a new 780D because she was having problems with hers and after 3+ trips to the Brother dealer she convinced them to just replace it. I was having problems that somund similar with mine and had it serviced...but since yours is brand new out of the box you shouldn't have to mess with it. I'll try and find my receipt and see what they adjusted to make it work again.

I don't have the same exact machine, but I've heard Brother machines don't require constant attention to setting the tension dials, so I'm wondering if you have a dud too. :confused3 It's not like your a novice seamstress, so I highly doubt its user error.

every time I have tension issues it is because I did not hoop my item correctly. It is usually to loose.

Teressa...I have had my 770 for over a year and have NEVER had to mess with the tension...If you are having to turn it off and back on to make it work...then you are in essence resetting the computer each time. That would suggest to me there is a problem with it.

I would give it a good once over, making sure all the extra lint and thread are out...and if still doing it, call ... there has to be a warranty on it. I know Marah got a bad one, and once it was replaced never had another moments trouble with hers.

Nini

So CUTE!!! Love both these outfits!!! Great job!!

Teresa - I hope you can figure it out!! Once I got a tiny piece of thread stuck in the thread through thing - I took off the "face" and got it out and all was well again.....???

Thanks guys! I never had any trouble like this with my 270D. And, the fact that it works when I turn it off and on, really makes think something is wrong. I think I'll try calling and see what they say. I'm going to take a close look at it too to make sure I didn't miss any threads.

AIMEE GEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in LOVE with that cruise outfit!!! How did you do those waves!!! That is really amazing!!! You have such talent!

WOW!!!! I just went to Overstock. com to see what the site said about warranties. I decided to click on the "live chat" feature. I was helped quickly and I told the rep what was going on. She said they'd be sending me a new machine in1-2 days and will email me a postage label for returning my old machine. I am VERY impressed with the way they handled this issue! I was afraid it would be difficult to make a return to an online store. Let's just hope that my next machine will not give me troubles!!!

If anyone wants to order, the machine is $659 (I had a 10% off coupon in my email today, so you might want to check to see if you have one) and go through Big Crumb or Ebates or a website like that. I went through Big Crumbs which has 5.6% cash back. Shipping is free right now, but it is usually only $2.99.
http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Brother-PE770-Embroidery-Machine/5301560/product.html

Thank you all so much!! It was a lot of fun to make these.

ps . . . Granna I love the Epcot dress!

WOW!!!! I just went to Overstock. com to see what the site said about warranties. I decided to click on the "live chat" feature. I was helped quickly and I told the rep what was going on. She said they'd be sending me a new machine in1-2 days and will email me a postage label for returning my old machine. I am VERY impressed with the way they handled this issue! I was afraid it would be difficult to make a return to an online store. Let's just hope that my next machine will not give me troubles!!!

If anyone wants to order, the machine is $659 (I had a 10% off coupon in my email today, so you might want to check to see if you have one) and go through Big Crumb or Ebates or a website like that. I went through Big Crumbs which has 5.6% cash back. Shipping is free right now, but it is usually only $2.99.
http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Brother-PE770-Embroidery-Machine/5301560/product.html

WOO HOO!!!!!!:thumbsup2:banana::banana::banana:

I finished up a Mad Hatter shirt for my dad to wear to 1900 Park Fare breakfast. He doesn't know he's going to wear it, but I'm sure he'll be cool with it! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll finish up my daughters Mary Poppins dress!

DSCN0396.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

P.S. Oh and by the way I was going to make a rosetta bag out of Mickey Comic fabric too! But I don't think it was ever at our JoAnn's and I missed it online! Oh well!

ADORABLE!!

Ellen - love the Nemo dress...so cute.

Froggy - the Mad Hatter shirt is so cute. I assume you digitized it yourself. Great job! I am working on an Alice/Mad Hatter outfit myself. I have everything cut out and appliqued...just need to get it put together.

Here is what I have been working on this week.
A customer order for an Epcot dress:

Epcotdress.jpg

and the back...

Epcotdressback.jpg

and a matching shirt for an older child
Epcotshirt.jpg

ETA: I hand embroidered the Epcot ball and then machine stitched the Minnie/balloons applique. This applique took 2.1/2 hrs (yep...you heard right) to applique but it is so worth it. It is sooo cute.

And I also made both of my DGDs (2 of them) these dresses for an upcoming Butterfly festival next weekend and they will probably wear them for Easter too.
ButterflyEasterdress.jpg

Thanks for letting me share them.

PRECIOUS!!!

GREAT job!! I LOVE those appliques. Are those hand done or digitized? The mickey anchor!!! TOO TOO cute!!!

ADORABLE!!

PRECIOUS!!!

GREAT job!! I LOVE those appliques. Are those hand done or digitized? The mickey anchor!!! TOO TOO cute!!!

I'm not Aimee, but I know the ship and the anchor are Heather designs. Her shop is closed for the weekend. Little stinker even missed Pizza Night with the family tonight!

I'm not Aimee, but I know the ship and the anchor are Heather designs. Her shop is closed for the weekend. Little stinker even missed Pizza Night with the family tonight!

That stinker!!! I love those!!! We're not planning a cruise anytime soon but think it is precious!!!

I didn't see Mickey in the wheel on her FB. Is that one hers too?

I love this thread! :lovestruc Ive been a long time lurker and have been begging to get a sewing machine and give it a try. DH finally got me one, nothing fancy, just one from Wal Mart, and we moved into our new house, so I do now even have a room to call a sewing room (and spare bedroom). I am a teacher and CANNOT wait for school to be out and to be able to get sewing on this. Ive never sewed, I think Im crafty enough and hope to catch on quickly enough. Ive looked around and want someones opinion...what is a good thing to start with? I have a DD3 (DD11 and DS13 too) but DD3 LOVES Disney and cannot wait for me to make her something. Is there anywhere to download free patterns? Any good advice? I dont even know what kind of thread to get or anything. I bought a good table, chair, sewing maching, I know I need some good scissors, thread, material, pins and patterns. Is there anything Im forgetting?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I cannot wait to get started and will post once I get something done. School is out May 7th for me, and I want to be prepared to get going at this!
Welcome! I can't wait to see what you come up with :) For free patterns you have do on line searches for tutorials. There a free tutorials out there for pillow case dresses, some regular dresses and tons for skirts (which would likely work well for your older daughters).

Here are some I have bookmarked:
http://www.jenleheny.com/pillowcase-dress-instructions/
http://www.freshlypickedblog.com/2008/03/pillow-case-dress-tutorial.html
http://bridgetbaxter.blogspot.com/2008/04/happy-anniversary-to-you.html
http://my-sweet-sunshine.blogspot.com/2009/05/okey-dokey.html
http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/peasantskirt_inst.html
http://houseonhillroad.typepad.com/photos/twirly_skirt/
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/bags-pillows/free-bag-patterns_ss1.html
http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/photos/ruffled_skirts_tutorial/skirts4000.html
http://thornberry.wordpress.com/2008/11/16/cup-day-skirt-tutorial/
http://donnachurchillritter.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/yoga-style-skirt-tutorial/

That should hopefully give you a start . I put a free bag tutorial in there too as bags are fun to make and teens might like them.

Very pretty -- I love the waves in the skirt. And what an adorable anchor!

th_Epcotdress.jpg

and the back...

th_Epcotdressback.jpg

th_Epcotshirt.jpg

ETA: I hand embroidered the Epcot ball and then machine stitched the Minnie/balloons applique. This applique took 2.1/2 hrs (yep...you heard right) to applique but it is so worth it. It is sooo cute.

And I also made both of my DGDs (2 of them) these dresses for an upcoming Butterfly festival next weekend and they will probably wear them for Easter too.
th_ButterflyEasterdress.jpg

Between the applique and all the ruffles it would have taken me a couple of weeks to do a dress like that! I love the bright colors as well.

And as soon as I saw the butterfly dresses Easter popped into my head. Very nice work.

I'm so glad it worked out for you and I so wish I could justify a machine for myself. I hope your new one sews like a dream.

Froggy - the Mad Hatter shirt is so cute. I assume you digitized it yourself. Great job! I am working on an Alice/Mad Hatter outfit myself. I have everything cut out and appliqued...just need to get it put together.

Epcotdress.jpg

and the back...

Epcotdressback.jpg

Epcotshirt.jpg

ButterflyEasterdress.jpg

So gorgeous Love the butt ruffles I have got to try that!! The easter/butterfly dress is so darling!

I just love these outfits! Like everyone else said - the waves are amazing! I, too, would love to know how you did that! :lovestruc

Epcotdress.jpg

and the back...

Epcotdressback.jpg

Epcotshirt.jpg

ButterflyEasterdress.jpg

Wow! I can't believe you did the Epcot ball by hand! Amazing! And I love the butterfly wrap dress - cute. :lovestruc

I am so glad that everything worked out for you. And I am so happy they are sending you a new machine. :)

D~

I'm trying to find a pattern for a top that is pillow case style that went into a halter around the neck line but fitted on the sides (saw one on ETSY I'm trying to recreate) I want to add ruffle shorts to make an outfit. Any suggestions?

PurpleEars!! Its not too late - if you can be quick, they are staying at the AK lodge for some days next week!!!!:wizard:

I doubt I can send something in time anyway...maybe next time!

Well, I guess "tutu" is more accurate. My DD had a school project to make a model of Saturn. It was going quite well until the rings. Her plan for those just wasn't working so we got out the wire and some tulle. The tulle got cut into long, wide strips, folded lengthwise, had lines in "Saturn-y" colors drawn on it with permanent markers, and gathered onto the wire. We twisted the ends together and suspended the tutu around the planet part on the cleverly constructed frame that DD made. Voila! A very stylish planet, indeed! I thought I'd share this with you all because I never would have come up with the solution to the rings problem if I hadn't been hanging out on this board with all of you an your good, creative ideas!

Thanks everyone!

Lori in East Podunk

I am glad that worked out for you. A fashionista Saturn!

Now that it has been received, here is the Nemo dress I did for Hannah's Big Give:

189458_1306175351273_1737227318_519519_2185256_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

This is beautiful and cheery! Thanks for making it for the Big Give.

Also, I've thought about making her a custom DIS outfit but the ones I have made in the past don't seem to be as comfy as clothing from a store. Maybe I should be buying better fabric? I usually purchase from Jo-Ann's. We just moved to a small town in Canada and I am learning the my craft resources are very limited. Don't even get me started on my search for bow making supplies lol.

I just want to say welcome! When I buy fabric now, I more or less stick with 100% cotton fabrics for the comfort factor. Depends on where you are in Canada, Fabricland/Fabricville would be the most likely place you can find fabric. Otherwise you will need to buy fabric off the internet (by the way, Joann's does not ship to Canada, but a few other retailers do).

I finished up a Mad Hatter shirt for my dad to wear to 1900 Park Fare breakfast. He doesn't know he's going to wear it, but I'm sure he'll be cool with it! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll finish up my daughters Mary Poppins dress!

th_DSCN0396.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

P.S. Oh and by the way I was going to make a rosetta bag out of Mickey Comic fabric too! But I don't think it was ever at our JoAnn's and I missed it online! Oh well!

Very cute! I can't wait to see the Mary Poppins dress!

th_Epcotdress.jpg

and the back...

th_Epcotdressback.jpg

th_Epcotshirt.jpg

th_ButterflyEasterdress.jpg

Good job on all those items!

I love this thread! :lovestruc Ive been a long time lurker and have been begging to get a sewing machine and give it a try. DH finally got me one, nothing fancy, just one from Wal Mart, and we moved into our new house, so I do now even have a room to call a sewing room (and spare bedroom). I am a teacher and CANNOT wait for school to be out and to be able to get sewing on this. Ive never sewed, I think Im crafty enough and hope to catch on quickly enough. Ive looked around and want someones opinion...what is a good thing to start with? I have a DD3 (DD11 and DS13 too) but DD3 LOVES Disney and cannot wait for me to make her something. Is there anywhere to download free patterns? Any good advice? I dont even know what kind of thread to get or anything. I bought a good table, chair, sewing maching, I know I need some good scissors, thread, material, pins and patterns. Is there anything Im forgetting?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I cannot wait to get started and will post once I get something done. School is out May 7th for me, and I want to be prepared to get going at this!

I just want to say welcome! My advice - just sit in front of the machine and practice! Perhaps start with something easy like PJ bottoms.

Both of them look great!

I am glad they took care of the situation so quickly. Hopefully the new one will work very well for you!

SO CUTE!! :lovestruc

That's awesome!! I love stores with excellent customer service! Good luck with the next machine.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter