Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! You will love it here, I was just like you a couple of months ago and now I am a sewing fiend! Check out the first page of this thread for some great links especially the hand applique one, I made some cute mickey outfits following that one.

Thanks so much for the tips, will definately check these out!

What kind of machine did you get and does it do embroidery?

It is a brother machine, not sure of the exact model, I beleive it is the project runway model, the one walmart had for sale on Black Friday.. It does not do embrodidery unfortunately.. :(

beautiful!!!!!

welcome savy!!!!!!!!!

so how hard are bowling shirts and pillow case dresses???????

i told you guys my wheels are a turnin and won't stop...lol

I want to learn the pillowcase dresses and tops and even the sling tops! Soo cute!

Go to the first page and check out Heather Sue's tutorial on hand applique.

I have only been sewing since November and this thread has been fabulous.

Today at work I printed out a bunch of tutorials that I am going to mash together for what I want. (I find myself doing that a lot lately).

Also You Can Make This has some really great patterns.

Thanks everyone..but of course I have now ran into a problem
I thought I was able to just take my jpeg files and upload them to the machine to do the embroidery (since it came with a USB cable) now it seems that it only takes certain types of extensions. Does anyone know where I can find some cute Disney stuff that I can upload to this? I have downloaded the Pulse Ambassador to be able to convert but surprise only does ones that have the sewing extensions already.
Please tell me how Im supp. to do this. I have such a headache after staring at the computer for the past 2 hours trying to find a solution myself

I am soooo far behind! There have been some pretty incredible outfits posted. I survived my 40th Bday and have been trying to play with my machine. Evelyn's Bday is Wednesday and she wanted a top with the #5 embroidered on it. Successfully downloaded an applique design and actually stitched it out. I still don't understand what is going to stitch when. It seems like the design I downloaded had a lot of thread changes, it was a little confusing but it worked!

The hoop I have is called Hoop it All, and I checked, it doesn't fit 770. :sad1: My older machine is a Baby Lock and I thought they were "related" to Brother, so I hoped it was interchangeable, but it isn't. I have to repeat, reading the directions for Hoop It All took longer than actually stitching it. It is easy, and not hard to set up.

I was trying to think of something clever to put on my test cap. I like "I survived Spaceshp Earth". Keep looking for some photos below.

Here's Hoop It All

IMG_1779.jpg

I "re-enacted" how it fits on the machine. Obviously you have to rotate 90°

IMG_1781.jpg

Mismatch on Miss 770

IMG_1782.jpg

One wall of my sewing "room" in the basement

IMG_1778.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I will have to look for one that fits my machine.

Here is a little video clip of Kade playing with the book Andrea sent him - the parents were just so wow'd!!!!:thumbsup2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzpQ4nlOguQ

Andrea's books are INCREDIBLE! Thanks for sharing the link, brought tears to my eyes!

:goodvibes
Dang you guys for making me (forcing me even) go onto the American Girl doll website! Grrrrr...to the tune of a house payment or Disney cruise, I can design a dolly to look JUST like Norah! Before this, we were perfectly happy with our Madame Alexander from Costco dolls. She (Norah) was DROOLING :cutie:.

Welcome to my world:lmao: DD7 already has 3 AG dolls and is counting down to her bday in June when she can get another one.

Glad it worked for you.
No, that's not what I ordered. I saw the Etsy prices, and that's why I ordered on E-bay. Saved some $ and thought I was getting a bargain since they were already cut into 4X4 squares. I can't get the picture to post here. Sorry. Anyway, now that I went back and re-read the description more closely, I see that it is advertised as a cotton blend, so it's my mistake for using the iron too hot, I suppose. Lesson learned. I really can't wait to see what you make. Hopefully I can still salvage mine. I think I will also order from Etsy as those dealers seem to be more straight forward, and Ebay a little more shady. Just a thought.

That is too bad that it shrunk that much. Thank goodness that it was not this fabric as it said it was all cotton. I still need to wash it first then I am going to make shorts for DS5 & DS3 for our dinner at the Garden Grill.

My first share here, we are going to Disneyland Paris in a few weeks (girls don't know yet) and I made these for our trip. The shirts, except the cake one, I ordered on Etsy. The clay beads I also ordered on Etsy, but I made the rest.

th_vacation-2.jpg

Everything is just beautiful. She should get alot of attention at DLP. You will have to post pics of the outfits in action.

I finally got a few pictures from DH camera with our clothes. When at MK were heard people say "it's them". The pirate outfits made an impact.
th_IMG_2768.jpg

th_IMG_2783.jpg

th_IMG_2809.jpg

Those are just awesome. I love when everyone matches. The pictures just come out so great.:goodvibes

Hi all! I am new to the board and new to this thread.. I got a sewing machine for Christmas but have never sewn a thing.. YIKES! My family and I are going on our first Disney trip this summer and I would love to make some of the cute clothes I have seen on etsy for our trip.. Anyone have any pointers or suggestions? The main thing I would like to do are the mickey and minnie head shirts. There will be 4 adults (in-laws, DH and I) and 4 kids(3 boys, 1 girl) Any and all suggestions would be great!

:welcome:

Hi, I don't post much and my computer was giving me a hard time lately. I love everything everyone does. I also haven't had a camera for a few months. So we finaly upgrated our phones so I can take pictures. I just finished DD Easter dress.

Front
th_e92e3af8.jpg

Beautiful dress. I can't believe Easter is next month.:confused3

I thought I was able to just take my jpeg files and upload them to the machine to do the embroidery (since it came with a USB cable) now it seems that it only takes certain types of extensions. Does anyone know where I can find some cute Disney stuff that I can upload to this? I have downloaded the Pulse Ambassador to be able to convert but surprise only does ones that have the sewing extensions already.
Please tell me how Im supp. to do this. I have such a headache after staring at the computer for the past 2 hours trying to find a solution myself

I have a brother machine and I need all the files to end in .pes. Are you trying to upload pictures to your machine? You will need specific files created for the embroidery machine. Heather Sue on etsy has the best and they come in all different formats depending on what type of machine you have.

HTH

I am so happy that my girls are outgrowing the AG stage. Last summer we actually had an AG yardsale to sell of some of what they weren't playing with anymore. People lined up for almost 2 hours before our yardsale started! Now my girls are bugging me to learn to sew clothes for the dolls. They think doll clothes will be easier because they are small but I think they are harder for just that reason.

Not sure what brother machine you have but you will need a PES file and you will need to make sure it fits your hoop.

For example if your hoop is for a 5 x7 you can have designs up to 5 x 7 but a 5 x 7 design will not fit in a 4 x 4 machine.

All the girl stuff is SOOO stinkin cute...makes me wish I had a girl....but I have two boys and I can never seem to find super cute stuff for them. Any ideas? Here's a pic of DS2 in an outfit I made for his bday...Literally finished the shorts minutes before the party started.
34863_10150234768315451_550230450_13741057_5189427_n.jpg

I have a brother machine and I need all the files to end in .pes. Are you trying to upload pictures to your machine? You will need specific files created for the embroidery machine. Heather Sue on etsy has the best and they come in all different formats depending on what type of machine you have.

HTH

Not sure what brother machine you have but you will need a PES file and you will need to make sure it fits your hoop.

For example if your hoop is for a 5 x7 you can have designs up to 5 x 7 but a 5 x 7 design will not fit in a 4 x 4 machine.

Yeah that is what I need the .pes I think its a 4 x 6 so I will have to order all the smaller ones. I will be on her site tonight and buying some so I can try this out on the Tshirts I bought. Thanks so much for your help

:wizard:
I finally got a few pictures from DH camera with our clothes. When at MK were heard people say "it's them". The pirate outfits made an impact.
IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

Love the family pictures April!!!!!

All the girl stuff is SOOO stinkin cute...makes me wish I had a girl....but I have two boys and I can never seem to find super cute stuff for them. Any ideas? Here's a pic of DS2 in an outfit I made for his bday...Literally finished the shorts minutes before the party started.

ADORABLE!!! I love the shirt and the shorts!!! your little one is so CUTE!!!

Made this HM outfit for a kiddo's sister on the big give. The best thing was that I Finally got to use my new serger!! I can tell that it really was hardly used at all!!! Its so much easier to thread than my singer, and already my stitches and especially my rolled hems look MUCH different!!!!!! So, why not do a bunch of ruffles, right???
102_3082.jpg

102_3083.jpg

102_3084.jpg

This is what Im sending to Jackson and Kade
102_3085.jpg

Im also sending these special slings for Kade. After talking back and forth with Mom and Dad (as an OT and a DIS friend), I wondered if these would help support his arms so he could practice moving them more. I've had a lot of experience with kids with disorders causing low tone, and have used these before. They will suspend the slings from a baby gym or a tension rod over top of him. There is a set for his arms, and a single for his legs. Im hoping they will work!! I just wish I could meet this little fella!!!
102_3087.jpg

I'm back - I had to step away while I finished my sewing because I kept getting more and more ideas and not enough time to do any of it. LOL.

I have pictures from our cruise on the Magic last week though.

The girl's sailaway dresses. I love these dresses.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Megan's Sleeping Beauty Dress

ry%3D400

Megan's Butterfly skirt and shirt. I made this for the butterfly farm in St. Maarten, of course the halfway decent picture of the outfit you get at the beach but still.

ry%3D400

Alice's Pirate Dress
ry%3D400

And a bad picture of Megan's Pirate Skirt. She ended up not wearing her pirate shirt as it was too warm to wear it.
ry%3D400

I still have a few more days of pictures to upload, but I wanted to go ahead and share a few pictures.

Thanks so much for the tips, will definately check these out!

It is a brother machine, not sure of the exact model, I beleive it is the project runway model, the one walmart had for sale on Black Friday.. It does not do embrodidery unfortunately.. :(

I want to learn the pillowcase dresses and tops and even the sling tops! Soo cute!

seaworld.jpg

I made this little dress in an hour tonight! WooHoo! I am running out of time to make our local wish family's outfits. Savy, this pattern is also from Youcanmakethis.com and was really easy and FAST!

How long does it take you experienced sewers to make the simply sweet? I have fabric for a couple more, but need to plan time .

Thanks! and welcome again Savy!

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg
Love the pix. Looks like everyone had a great time!
Hi, I don't post much and my computer was giving me a hard time lately. I love everything everyone does. I also haven't had a camera for a few months. So we finaly upgrated our phones so I can take pictures. I just finished DD Easter dress.

Front
e92e3af8.jpg

Back
9f01a3c4.jpg
Love the elegant dress. The fabric is gorgeous! Your DD is a cutie!
Whew, caught up! I fell behind because we were in Vegas baby!! Four full days and NO kids! It was a blast, but I am so happy to be home with my baby girl! Everything is awesome! What is the acronym Too much to Quote??? (TMTQ)??? Well it definitely is! It makes me so ready to get crackin' on mine!!
Welcome back. Hope you had a great time! Can't wait to see your next creations!
Welcome! I'm still learning, but the Carla C patterns are so easy, even I can do it. Working on my first Simply Sweet, and it's real straightforward in the directions. Skip the commercial patterns and just get the Carla C's on YCMT

I am soooo far behind! There have been some pretty incredible outfits posted. I survived my 40th Bday and have been trying to play with my machine. Evelyn's Bday is Wednesday and she wanted a top with the #5 embroidered on it. Successfully downloaded an applique design and actually stitched it out. I still don't understand what is going to stitch when. It seems like the design I downloaded had a lot of thread changes, it was a little confusing but it worked!
Happy belated b-day to you and happy b-day to your daughter!
:goodvibes

That is too bad that it shrunk that much. Thank goodness that it was not this fabric as it said it was all cotton. I still need to wash it first then I am going to make shorts for DS5 & DS3 for our dinner at the Garden Grill.
Can't wait to see your outfits for GG. Let me know how you like that fabric.

Such a cute outfit. Love the "buttons" on the shorts. What a great idea. Mind if I copy it? You are correct, so hard to find stuff for boys.
:wizard:

Made this HM outfit for a kiddo's sister on the big give. The best thing was that I Finally got to use my new serger!! I can tell that it really was hardly used at all!!! Its so much easier to thread than my singer, and already my stitches and especially my rolled hems look MUCH different!!!!!! So, why not do a bunch of ruffles, right???
102_3082.jpg

102_3083.jpg

102_3084.jpg

This is what Im sending to Jackson and Kade
102_3085.jpg

Im also sending these special slings for Kade. After talking back and forth with Mom and Dad (as an OT and a DIS friend), I wondered if these would help support his arms so he could practice moving them more. I've had a lot of experience with kids with disorders causing low tone, and have used these before. They will suspend the slings from a baby gym or a tension rod over top of him. There is a set for his arms, and a single for his legs. Im hoping they will work!! I just wish I could meet this little fella!!!
102_3087.jpg
Came out so cute. Glad you like your new toy! It looks like you two are getting along splendidly. Wish I had a serger. Maybe someday.
I'm back - I had to step away while I finished my sewing because I kept getting more and more ideas and not enough time to do any of it. LOL.

The girl's sailaway dresses. I love these dresses.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Megan's Sleeping Beauty Dress

ry%3D400

Megan's Butterfly skirt and shirt. I made this for the butterfly farm in St. Maarten, of course the halfway decent picture of the outfit you get at the beach but still.

ry%3D400

Alice's Pirate Dress
ry%3D400

And a bad picture of Megan's Pirate Skirt. She ended up not wearing her pirate shirt as it was too warm to wear it.
ry%3D400

I still have a few more days of pictures to upload, but I wanted to go ahead and share a few pictures.
Very cute dresses and girls. Glad you had a good time. The girls look like they had a blast! How did they do on the cruise being so young? I would like to go on a cruise, but my kids are so little, not sure how it would go.

seaworld.jpg

I made this little dress in an hour tonight! WooHoo! I am running out of time to make our local wish family's outfits. Savy, this pattern is also from Youcanmakethis.com and was really easy and FAST!

How long does it take you experienced sewers to make the simply sweet? I have fabric for a couple more, but need to plan time .

This turned out cute. Nice job. I'm doing my first Simply Sweet. Not sure on the amount of time, because I have not been working on it constantly. It's been spread out over a couple weeks because of other things. The directions are very straightforward, and I laugh at myself for being afraid to try it sooner. Go ahead, jump in with both feet!

cajunfan!!!

thank you Lynn, received your blankets today!! they are really cute!

thanks for helping us out!!:goodvibes

Lisa

Very cute dresses and girls. Glad you had a good time. The girls look like they had a blast! How did they do on the cruise being so young? I would like to go on a cruise, but my kids are so little, not sure how it would go.

The girls had a blast and did great on the cruise. We certainly didn't close down the clubs at night, but we had a great time. Alice the baby loved all the attention and she had lots of places to crawl around and play. Megan is almost 5 and I had to drag her out of the club at times.

For several reasons it will be 2013 before we go on another cruise. 1) I think that if you are going to take a baby taking on at less than a year works really well as they are content to go along for the ride. I have a feeling once she starts walking though she would not be content to sit and watch as much and would want to be more active. So we will wait until she is 3 and potty trained to do it again. 2) I need to save my $$ to go on another cruise and 3) we have a big family reunion trip for Thanksgiving of 2012. Other wise I'd go back tomorrow. We had so much fun. I didn't want to get off the boat. It was probably one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had.

Such a cute outfit. Love the "buttons" on the shorts. What a great idea. Mind if I copy it? You are correct, so hard to find stuff for boys.

Of course not! :wizard: I wish I had a better pic...the shorts were turned a bit because he had to put them on "all by himself".

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: WOW!!!!!

I love all the styles -- I love the shirts underneath everything, the leggings, the jewelry, the too cute Nemo shoes -- all of it!!!! My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is the fifth picture -- the pointed top with the pants -- what pattern is that? Is it one piece or a separate top with easy fit pants? And where do you buy your leggings? My dd is a huge fan of leggings and all I can ever find is the heavier knit ones. She would love the ones you show in your photos.

And more questions -- the apron -- is it a pattern or did you just make it up? I would love to do an apron over a portrait peasant and thought I should be able to draft my own pattern, but your aprons look exactly like what I had in mind.

Once again: :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I just drew up the aprons. I get the leggings at H&M since they are super cheap and thick and last until my kids ruin them...lol I get most my patterns at YCMT & the european ones.

Everything you made looks fantastic! You bought the first shirt with Rapunzel on it from me :) It is so fantastic to see it with the incredible outfit all put together! Your girls are going to be a huge hit at Disney!

COOL! I didn't know if any of the ladies I got shirts from where on here. I left a pic on Etsy of it too!:goodvibes My DD loves it. She is having a TANGLED party two days before we leave so she is wearing this that day too!

Bottom row: April and Hunter
Top left to right, Steve, Wyoming, Kate..my Mom and Dan my brother. It was the first and last time for Mom to be at Disney. I called it my version of a family reunion as all that was missing was my sister who DOES NOT do Disney.:sad2:

I hope you get the dresses done and can't wait to see the pictures. I broke the auto threader on my embroidery machine and messed up the stitching also. So, the machine goes to the shop on Sat and won't be back for a time.

We return to Disney in just about 3 weeks so I am working on taking commercial Disney clothing and making it fit DS and myself.

Any suggestions on how to take a men's small shirt and turn it into a halter dress?

Thank you! Lydia liked me telling her everyone's names! She doesn't understandhow your sister could possibly not like Disney though!

Front
th_e92e3af8.jpg

Such a beautiful dress!! I love that style and fabric! Your daughter is a cutie!

so how hard are bowling shirts and pillow case dresses???????

I think I'm weird, but I don't like to make pillowcase dresses!

Yep, an embroidery file is completely different than a picture file. A digitizer actually has to plot out the design with a series of dots and lines and layers. (my sister, Heathersue, is a digitizer and she amazes me, it doesn't look easy!).

AWWWWWW so cute!!!

Yeah that is what I need the .pes I think its a 4 x 6 so I will have to order all the smaller ones. I will be on her site tonight and buying some so I can try this out on the Tshirts I bought. Thanks so much for your help
If your hoop measures 4X6, you will probably need the 4X4 designs. The hoops are bigger than the actual design they can stitch out. Heather has all her designs in a small size.
:
102_3082.jpg

102_3087.jpg

Wow! You have been busy! I love that skirt!!! And, those slings are a neat idea!

ry%3D400

The outfits are great!!

th_seaworld.jpg

That looks so cute!! I just love that fabric!!! I can make a Simply Sweet in 2 hours.

I have my dresses done, but I still need to get pictures. I'm not sure I will actually post a picture of me in mine though! I really need to lose weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter