Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't topstitch every square. I did topstitch the rows.

If your DD loves Chip & Dale you should consider doing the character meal at Garden Grill at the Land Pavillion in Epcot. The food is just OK at best but the character interaction is really awesome and Chip & Dale are really great there.

Thanks for the topstitch info.

Thanks also for the info about Garden Grill. That's actually where she fell in love with them! Both kids were afraid of the characters the whole trip, and we had a character meal a day. But when we got to Garden Grill, she opened up and was all over C&D. It melted our hearts. she wouldn't even look at Mickey at that meal, jut C&D. We also did the campfire a few nights later. She loved it!

LOL, I feel your pain!!! I can't quote on my iPad either, especially if its a long OP and forget multiquoting...is your problem the same as mine...you can't see the bottom of the message your trying to quote, so you can't start writing? That's what Im dealng with, I thought I just didnt know how to use it well enough yet, its still new to me. So, if anyone sees me comment and not by quoting the OP, that's why. :confused3

You can do it, but it isn't easy - touch the screen and hold until kind of a magnifying glass comes up then move toward the bottom of the quote box. If you keep kind of dragging that way it will move down to your other quotes.

These are items I sent to Kade and family for the Big Give:

Kade's sensory books -- for those who don't know Kade has a visual processing disorder. He can see some colors but has trouble processing what he sees so I tried to keep the images simple with lots of texture. I actually took better pictures of the book after posting these on the Big Give board, but I'm too lazy to upload them to photobucket.

First up is a book that has Magic Kingdom, DHS and Epcot (I just hit a few highlights of what Kade likes or boyish rides at MK):

First pages are tree of life and a leopard (remember my leopard dilemma? -- I just labeled it a leopard so it is what it is). The tree of life has a gauzy fabric for the trunk which I painted brown so it feels more like bark. Some leaves are silk, some I made from fabric. The leopard is a furry leopard fabric with bead eyes:
010-1.jpg

These books were fun to make, but very time consuming. I reinforced every tiny piece at least twice -- like all the bead eyes and anything moveable. A lot of hand sewing was involved. I'm really happy with how they turned out and the family seems to like them as well which is most important.

I so didn't realize what you were up to when you were talking about the leopard dilemma! Wow! Wow! Wow! Amazing!

VBAndrea, the book you created for Kade is so wonderful :worship: I love watching the video too....

and your luggage tags are so dang cute....they put my little plastic ones to major shame !

I am not sure how I did it, but I think when you grab the button to put it in your siggie, you have to edit out the spaces in the address. I did that, and I think my button works. Maybe I should try it. o.k., I tried it and it works. Try that - editing out the spaces in the address. Hope it works for you.

Thanks... I finally got it to work:goodvibes

Thanks everyone.
I got a couple of commercial patterns and will be getting a few that I fell in love with on YCMT next weekend.
I made my first dress tonight. Ok nothing fancy and nowhere near good but I have never picked up a needle and tread before in my life and gave it a try. Very basic basic pillow dress but I really want to learn how to do the fun twirl and patch skirts/dresses.
th_Dress-1st.jpg

Great job on your first dress. I haven't been sewing that long either but it has become a great addiction.

First up is a book that has Magic Kingdom, DHS and Epcot (I just hit a few highlights of what Kade likes or boyish rides at MK):
Cover:
th_014.jpg

First pages are Mickey and Pluto. I did Mickey in a shimmery red fun foam (b/c Kade can see red) and Pluto is out of felt with fabric paint eyes and nose that are kind of like a patent leather feel, and his ears are floppy and stuffed:
th_015.jpg

These books were fun to make, but very time consuming. I reinforced every tiny piece at least twice -- like all the bead eyes and anything moveable. A lot of hand sewing was involved. I'm really happy with how they turned out and the family seems to like them as well which is most important.

OMG Andrea... those are just awesome. :goodvibes

I had an interesting afternoon. My dd fell in love with Chip 'n Dale on our last trip. So, when planning outfits for our upcoming trip, I knew I had to make something with C&D on it for her. Well, I can't find any C&D fabric in the US, so I had to order it on Ebay from Malaysia. The transaction went well, and I ordered from a seller with lots of transactions and 100% feedback. The shipping was really fast. It was actually precut 4X4 squares. I thought it would be perfect for a patchwork twirl skirt. Well, I sewed the squares together and when I was ironing the seams flat, the iron made the fabric shrink. :scared1: A lot:eek: I can't believe it. It shrunk about 1/2 inch each way, at least! I think it's still going to work, I'll just have to make the yoke and bottom ruffle each wider than planned. I always prewash my fabric in hot, so I've never had this happen, and since they were precut squares, prewashing was not an option. Oh well, live and learn, right?
?

:scared1:WOW..I just ordered a yard of ChipnDale fabric on etsy. This fabric came from Japan but I hope it doesn't shrink after I wash it. I need almost the whole yard for what I have planned and since it was a little expensive I am not sure if I want to buy more.
Is this the one that you purchased:
il_170x135_187205650.jpg

Dang you guys for making me (forcing me even) go onto the American Girl doll website! Grrrrr...to the tune of a house payment or Disney cruise, I can design a dolly to look JUST like Norah! Before this, we were perfectly happy with our Madame Alexander from Costco dolls. She (Norah) was DROOLING :cutie:.

Dang you guys for making me (forcing me even) go onto the American Girl doll website! Grrrrr...to the tune of a house payment or Disney cruise, I can design a dolly to look JUST like Norah! Before this, we were perfectly happy with our Madame Alexander from Costco dolls. She (Norah) was DROOLING :cutie:.

Ha ha ....this thread IS dangerous!

Welcome to the wonderful world of AG.;)

Luggage tags for all (Front):
022.jpg

back of luggage tags:
021.jpg

Jackson's Eye Spy Bag -- front with Perry:
002.jpg

Back with P&F:
005.jpg

Kade's sensory books -- for those who don't know Kade has a visual processing disorder. He can see some colors but has trouble processing what he sees so I tried to keep the images simple with lots of texture. I actually took better pictures of the book after posting these on the Big Give board, but I'm too lazy to upload them to photobucket.

Cover:
014.jpg

First pages are Mickey and Pluto. I did Mickey in a shimmery red fun foam (b/c Kade can see red) and Pluto is out of felt with fabric paint eyes and nose that are kind of like a patent leather feel, and his ears are floppy and stuffed:
015.jpg

Next I did a wooden train for the railroad, a fun foam race car for the speedway highlighted with some puff paint (#3 b/c Kade is 3 y/o) and a page with suncatchers and a fun foam pirate for Pirates of the Caribbean:
016.jpg

Then DHS with a wooden star, fun foam Handy Manny, and foam Toy Story Puzzle pieces:
018.jpg

Up with real balloons (my sewing machine hated sewing balloons!) and Monster's Inc which was just an iron to which I added taggies -- one was mylar b/c Kade really likes mylar.
019.jpg

And for Epcot all I did was the seas. Dory is not finished in this photo but she now has eyes! These are mainly made out of gift bags and mylar. The jelly fish has ribbon legs that Kade can grab:
020.jpg

And then I made an AK book. I used precut felt for the pages so it was a bit easier to put together. For both books I inserted plastic grid covered with quilt batting which makes the pages stand up a bit -- not too floppy.

Cover:
007.jpg

First pages are tree of life and a leopard (remember my leopard dilemma? -- I just labeled it a leopard so it is what it is). The tree of life has a gauzy fabric for the trunk which I painted brown so it feels more like bark. Some leaves are silk, some I made from fabric. The leopard is a furry leopard fabric with bead eyes:
010-1.jpg

Then and elephant made from shelf liner with a floppy ear and braided tail and a furry zebra (his tail is movable as well):
011.jpg

A lion made with yarn on plastic grid and a furry giraffe:
012.jpg

And my personal favorite pages: A monkey out of pom poms and a macaw of fun foam and feathers.
013.jpg

I think I posted on the Big Give board but these books are absolutely incredible! I can't imagine the amount of time that went into them. I love the Animal Kingdom book, just fabulous!

Thanks... I finally got it to work:goodvibes

:scared1:WOW..I just ordered a yard of ChipnDale fabric on etsy. This fabric came from Japan but I hope it doesn't shrink after I wash it. I need almost the whole yard for what I have planned and since it was a little expensive I am not sure if I want to buy more.
Is this the one that you purchased:
il_170x135_187205650.jpg

Glad it worked for you.
No, that's not what I ordered. I saw the Etsy prices, and that's why I ordered on E-bay. Saved some $ and thought I was getting a bargain since they were already cut into 4X4 squares. I can't get the picture to post here. Sorry. Anyway, now that I went back and re-read the description more closely, I see that it is advertised as a cotton blend, so it's my mistake for using the iron too hot, I suppose. Lesson learned. I really can't wait to see what you make. Hopefully I can still salvage mine. I think I will also order from Etsy as those dealers seem to be more straight forward, and Ebay a little more shady. Just a thought.

Congrats on your trip. I am curious as to why you chose the bowling shirt vs. a woman's blouse. A woman's blouse isn't that hard to do compard to a bowling shirt.

DD likes the bowling shirt look. I've looked at patterns for womens' blouses, but none of the styles I've seen have been quite right. If you have any suggestios I'd sure love to hear them!

Thanks!

Lori in East Podunk

My first share here, we are going to Disneyland Paris in a few weeks (girls don't know yet) and I made these for our trip. The shirts, except the cake one, I ordered on Etsy. The clay beads I also ordered on Etsy, but I made the rest.

vacation.jpg

vacation-5.jpg

vacation-4.jpg

vacation-9.jpg

vacation-7-2.jpg

vacation-6.jpg

vacation-7.jpg

vacation-6-2.jpg

vacation-3-2.jpg

vacation-2.jpg

vacation-2.jpg

th_022.jpg

back of luggage tags:
th_021.jpg

th_002.jpg

Back with P&F:
th_005.jpg

Cover:
th_014.jpg

Next I did a wooden train for the railroad, a fun foam race car for the speedway highlighted with some puff paint (#3 b/c Kade is 3 y/o) and a page with suncatchers and a fun foam pirate for Pirates of the Caribbean:
016.jpg

And for Epcot all I did was the seas. Dory is not finished in this photo but she now has eyes! These are mainly made out of gift bags and mylar. The jelly fish has ribbon legs that Kade can grab:
th_020.jpg

And then I made an AK book. I used precut felt for the pages so it was a bit easier to put together. For both books I inserted plastic grid covered with quilt batting which makes the pages stand up a bit -- not too floppy.

Cover:
th_007.jpg

th_010-1.jpg

Then and elephant made from shelf liner with a floppy ear and braided tail and a furry zebra (his tail is movable as well):
th_011.jpg

A lion made with yarn on plastic grid and a furry giraffe:
th_012.jpg

And my personal favorite pages: A monkey out of pom poms and a macaw of fun foam and feathers.
th_013.jpg

WOW!! I just don't even know where to begin... the books are amazing!! :banana: The luggage tags are really awesome! I love everything! :thumbsup2

Sorry - guilty one here - I'll take most of the blame... :flower3:

My first share here, we are going to Disneyland Paris in a few weeks (girls don't know yet) and I made these for our trip. The shirts, except the cake one, I ordered on Etsy. The clay beads I also ordered on Etsy, but I made the rest.

th_vacation.jpg

th_vacation-5.jpg

th_vacation-4.jpg

th_vacation-9.jpg

th_vacation-7-2.jpg

th_vacation-3-2.jpg

th_vacation-2.jpg

th_vacation-2.jpg

These are great too... Having a hard time picking a favorite! It looks like your dd is having a blast posing for pictures too - excellent photography! :thumbsup2

D~

th_vacation.jpg

th_vacation-5.jpg

th_vacation-4.jpg

th_vacation-9.jpg

th_vacation-7-2.jpg

th_vacation-6.jpg

th_vacation-7.jpg

th_vacation-6-2.jpg

th_vacation-3-2.jpg

th_vacation-2.jpg

th_vacation-2.jpg

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: WOW!!!!!

I love all the styles -- I love the shirts underneath everything, the leggings, the jewelry, the too cute Nemo shoes -- all of it!!!! My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is the fifth picture -- the pointed top with the pants -- what pattern is that? Is it one piece or a separate top with easy fit pants? And where do you buy your leggings? My dd is a huge fan of leggings and all I can ever find is the heavier knit ones. She would love the ones you show in your photos.

And more questions -- the apron -- is it a pattern or did you just make it up? I would love to do an apron over a portrait peasant and thought I should be able to draft my own pattern, but your aprons look exactly like what I had in mind.

Once again: :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

vacation.jpg

vacation-5.jpg

vacation-4.jpg

vacation-9.jpg

vacation-7-2.jpg

vacation-6.jpg

vacation-7.jpg

vacation-6-2.jpg

vacation-3-2.jpg

vacation-2.jpg

vacation-2.jpg

These are just fabulous. I love the skirts you did and those nemo sneakers are fabulous

Sorry, I should have explained myself better. I clamp up the extra fabric around the hoop to keep it from getting caught in the needle. I don't know any other way to keep the extra fabric out of the way of the needle. (other than holding it back with my hands and I don't think I'm that coordinated because I'd wind up sewing my fingers)

I hoop the stabilizer and float the shirt on top, and then use straight pins to hold it to the stabilizer, I am not familiar with clamps.

having a hard time keeping up with you guys...miss a day and miss 10 pages...oy vey!!!!

just read this page..hope to catch up more later when we slow down at work

andrea......love the book...AWESOME

madgab.....have fun on you trip....great outfits

thank you ladies for getting me sewing again after about 4 years.....and getting me back into my fabric obsession...lol...found another great fabric store near me that has a ton of different stuff.....

so since kade's biggive is out...i guess i can post a pic of my first project in a long time....again...thank you ladies...now my mind is working overdrive to get some stuff done before our trip in may!!!

248.jpg

and stupid beginner question warning: i saw yesterday that they sell bobbin thread.....does you really need a seperate thread for the bobbin...i'm been just using the same thread as i do my stitching with if that makes sense??

i hope you don't mind but i'm sure i'll have a tone of 'stupid beginner questions'

having a hard time keeping up with you guys...miss a day and miss 10 pages...oy vey!!!!

and stupid beginner question warning: i saw yesterday that they sell bobbin thread.....does you really need a seperate thread for the bobbin...i'm been just using the same thread as i do my stitching with if that makes sense??

i hope you don't mind but i'm sure i'll have a tone of 'stupid beginner questions'

Sorry... the ONLY stupid question is the one you don't ask!

The special bobbin thread is for specific machines that need a thinner thread on the bobbin. The one most are familiar here with is the embroidery machine. The one I am most familiar with is the long arm quilting machine. A regular sewing machine should be able to use regular thread for the bobbin.

Hope that helps...and keep asking questions......

Nini

Since our float was Disney themed I decided to post about it. :)
We were in a little Mardi Gras parade called Krewe Le Petite Enfants. I made Hannah's dress for Disney in December. I'm not sure if I ever posted it here.
I hate editing pictures. :eek:
Hannah had a blast and is looking forward to the rest of the parades this weekend. :goodvibes
IMG_2363.jpg
The dress is beautiful and so is Princess Hannah. She has her princess wave down.

LOL, I feel your pain!!! I can't quote on my iPad either, especially if its a long OP and forget multiquoting...is your problem the same as mine...you can't see the bottom of the message your trying to quote, so you can't start writing? That's what Im dealng with, I thought I just didnt know how to use it well enough yet, its still new to me. So, if anyone sees me comment and not by quoting the OP, that's why. :confused3
I have this issue as well.

Thanks everyone.
I got a couple of commercial patterns and will be getting a few that I fell in love with on YCMT next weekend.
I made my first dress tonight. Ok nothing fancy and nowhere near good but I have never picked up a needle and tread before in my life and gave it a try. Very basic basic pillow dress but I really want to learn how to do the fun twirl and patch skirts/dresses.
Dress-1st.jpg
Nice job on your first dress. You will be whipping up twirly dresses in no time.

022.jpg

002.jpg

Cover:
014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Then DHS with a wooden star, fun foam Handy Manny, and foam Toy Story Puzzle pieces:
018.jpg

Up with real balloons (my sewing machine hated sewing balloons!) and Monster's Inc which was just an iron to which I added taggies -- one was mylar b/c Kade really likes mylar.
019.jpg

020.jpg

Cover:
007.jpg

010-1.jpg

013.jpg

AMAZING! Great job on the book.

You can do it, but it isn't easy - touch the screen and hold until kind of a magnifying glass comes up then move toward the bottom of the quote box. If you keep kind of dragging that way it will move down to your other quotes.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vacation.jpg

vacation-5.jpg

vacation-6.jpg

vacation-7.jpg

vacation-6-2.jpg

vacation-3-2.jpg

vacation-2.jpg

vacation-2.jpg

fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter