Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, page 4! Rough crowd!!!! I even checked in last night b/f going to bed and didn't see any action. Glad I made it, better late than never.

I made it! Better late than never I guess.
I am supposed to be sewing a tote bag and matchbox car roll for my Nephew today but can't seem to get motivated. His birthday is Sunday so I really need to get busy!

Well, It's my night to stay with my grandfather so my grandmother can sleep. And lets just put it this way, Its been a ROUGH night! (Parkinsons, dementia, seizures, anxiety and bladder issues..... makes for a FUN night) The disboards are keeping my sanity tonight. (i think):crazy:
I'm sorry about your grandfather, I am sure it isn't easy. Your grandparents are lucky to have such a devoted granddaughter!

Since I already made it to page one I decided to be a real thread hog (think this might appear on page 2) and be the first to post a photo.

This was another Valentine shirt I made for dd. You can see how terribly enthusiastic she was in posing for this one :confused3

001-2.jpg

The jeans have hearts all over them, but those came from Target. And she only wore this once b/f VD b/c she was out sick a couple of days. Do you think it's too Valentinesy or can she wear it any ol' day?
I think this is adorable and appropriate for any day.

I rarely post, but I read daily. We're going to Disney the first week of May and I have a few outfits made and am in the process of making a Cinderella dress for DD. I'll post them as soon as I'm finished...hopefully before the next move. :)

Please post pictures, we would love to see your outfits.

Popping in to say hi before I head out for the day. We're off to Sesame Street Live, so of course Katie has a new outfit to wear. Originally I'd planned on her wearing a solid pink top, but the blue tank arrived yesterday and was just the perfect shade of Cookie Monster blue that I couldn't resist.

2132468180051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

What a fun outfit! I love the colors.

I'm here and miracle of miracles--I slept in this morning! I had expected a really rough night because I got Lucy dog a new sister yesterday. Her name is Katy and she is an 8 month old solid black cat. Katy is small for her age, so she is just an inch taller than Lucy and the same length.

I thought we might have a long introduction period and we didn't! They took to each other right away! Lucy is licking Katy instead of biting her (hoping she isn't just checking out how she tastes!) Katy is putting up with all the licking. They have each eaten the other's food and Katy is using her litter box (which I put in my bedroom closed off with a gate to give her a place to escape to if she needs it.)

She had already been spayed when I got her. Her former family had 2 dogs and they were being transfered over seas and couldn't take her with them.

So now my family of 3 females is complete!

Congrats on your new addition!

Does anyone know where I can buy a Marie design for my embroidery machine? Heather doesn't have one and I didn't find any on etsy either. My niece just had a baby and I bought the cutest stuffed Marie to send to her and I wanted to applique a onesy to match.

I think Digital By Design has one. Search her out on Facebook.

I have been looking for more answers with my son who has PDD-NOS I know there is something else going on well a friend of mine gave me the name of a Developmental Peditrician and I made an appointment for July :eek: I just hope the wait will give us some additional answers.

We see a pediatric neurologist once a year but I need more answers. I swear the kid has huge sensory issues and possibly appraxia so I just pray this helps.

I am also hoping for a cancellation so we can go earlier.

I am feeling grateful this morning my uncle who is DS's godfather offered to watch him so I can go to my mixed media workshop in April with my Mom, Aunt and cousin since DH has to work part of the time. My sister offered to take DD 9 and run her to lessons so in May I get to go away to Charlotte. Good thing DS loves to fly though he will be crabby when he realizes he isn't at Disney.:rotfl2:
Good luck with your son, I hope you find the answers you are looking for. I hope you get to go away, that sounds like fun.

I'm here. checked it last night but we were still at pg 251! Ok back to kindergarten homework!

Last night, hubby and I did some talking. He is not yet 100% on board with the homeschooling idea, but he is warming up to it.

He even said that if we decide to visit Disney in September we wouldn't have to take her out of school....

This is the first time he has spoken positively about a September return to Disney. I was really surprised. Of course, I promised him that I would not require them to wear matching shirts if we go back in Sept....

Nini
Hope all goes well for you! I am glad he seems to be warming up to the idea.

I'm here and miracle of miracles--I slept in this morning! I had expected a really rough night because I got Lucy dog a new sister yesterday. Her name is Katy and she is an 8 month old solid black cat. Katy is small for her age, so she is just an inch taller than Lucy and the same length.

I thought we might have a long introduction period and we didn't! They took to each other right away! Lucy is licking Katy instead of biting her (hoping she isn't just checking out how she tastes!) Katy is putting up with all the licking. They have each eaten the other's food and Katy is using her litter box (which I put in my bedroom closed off with a gate to give her a place to escape to if she needs it.)

She had already been spayed when I got her. Her former family had 2 dogs and they were being transfered over seas and couldn't take her with them.

So now my family of 3 females is complete!
congrats on the new addition!

Does anyone know where I can buy a Marie design for my embroidery machine? Heather doesn't have one and I didn't find any on etsy either. My niece just had a baby and I bought the cutest stuffed Marie to send to her and I wanted to applique a onesy to match.

Digital by Design actually has a couple I think.

Here is Katy.
2188126060067077547S500x500Q85.jpg

I interrupted her gooming by calling her name and caught her just as she looked up.

EEks - Im a slacker!!!!! I had patients all morning, and just got to my computer now and lunch is almost over!! oh well!!! lol....

Thanks for moving us Heather!!!!!!:banana:

Does anyone have any ideas of a place or person who'd be willing to donate some size 12 gtubes and buttons for a 10 month old little boy (of a missionary family) who was in an accident. They are using a makeshift way to try to feed him and the dr recommended a gtube, but there are none to be purchased in their area!!!! Any ideas?????? Please??? they are desparate (they are friends with my Stepfather, Bob).

Thanks for thinking with me!
Wendy:goodvibes

Here is Katy.

I interrupted her gooming by calling her name and caught her just as she looked up.

Sooo cute!!

EEks - Im a slacker!!!!! I had patients all morning, and just got to my computer now and lunch is almost over!! oh well!!! lol....

Does anyone have any ideas of a place or person who'd be willing to donate some size 12 gtubes and buttons for a 10 month old little boy (of a missionary family) who was in an accident. They are using a makeshift way to try to feed him and the dr recommended a gtube, but there are none to be purchased in their area!!!! Any ideas?????? Please??? they are desparate (they are friends with my Stepfather, Bob).

Sorry Wendy, I don't know anyone in the medical field, but I do hope you find what you need for him.

I have been looking for more answers with my son who has PDD-NOS I know there is something else going on well a friend of mine gave me the name of a Developmental Peditrician and I made an appointment for July :eek: I just hope the wait will give us some additional answers.

We see a pediatric neurologist once a year but I need more answers. I swear the kid has huge sensory issues and possibly appraxia so I just pray this helps.

I am also hoping for a cancellation so we can go earlier.

I am feeling grateful this morning my uncle who is DS's godfather offered to watch him so I can go to my mixed media workshop in April with my Mom, Aunt and cousin since DH has to work part of the time. My sister offered to take DD 9 and run her to lessons so in May I get to go away to Charlotte. Good thing DS loves to fly though he will be crabby when he realizes he isn't at Disney.:rotfl2:

:hug: Just wanted to offer you some hugs. A six month wait for an appt???

I do have a neighbor who has a son with Asperger's and I can tell you his sensory issues improved drastically with age. Socially he plays OK with other kids, but he can be very mean at times. I know OT helped him quite a bit. He used to never be able to touch sand and now he loves the beach -- probably at about age 5 or 6 he had some major improvements, but I can't give exact ages of some of his imilestones though as my neighbor no longer speaks to me b/c we sent him home one day due to foul language. I do want you to know though that your son is probably at the more trying age level for you. I certainly can't promise things will get better as he gets older, but I want to give you some hope. OT and going to preschool helped this particular child immensely.

Here is Katy.

She looks so very Halloween! What a pretty baby :love:

I have no clue about the G-tube but what about calling some children's hospitals -- they might be able to provide you with a connection or two.

I made it too...although I haven't posted in weeks! :rolleyes1

LOVE the cookie monster and valentine outfits...so cute!

So - we are 7 days from departure. SO excited! I feel like I need to make MORE things (as if 1 custom a day isn't enough.) :laughing:

Just wanted to share DS5's 100th day of school shirt I made last night...complete with 100 fabric Mickey heads. Ugh. What a task!

IMG_4101edit.jpg

and the Fonzie pose (I swear, I never taught him that. He's just SUCH a ham!)
IMG_4103edit.jpg

I have to go back and catch up on the new thread so far (and finish the old one) but wanting to post my exciting news. I got my bonus from work to day and it was more than I was expecting since I wasn't sure how to account for my maternity leave and coming back only part time when I calculated it...anyway, I am finally getting a serger!!!:cool1::cool1:

I tried a while ago to get the Brother 1034D and had 2 lemons in a row that both broke in different ways before I could even use them. When I went in to the Brother dealer to talk to them about it before I sent the 2nd one back, they convinced me to save for the 3034D as it is made more sturdily. Life got in the way and I never went back and got it...but DH is going to buy me one on his way home tonight!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

So - we are 7 days from departure. SO excited! I feel like I need to make MORE things (as if 1 custom a day isn't enough.) :laughing:

Just wanted to share DS5's 100th day of school shirt I made last night...complete with 100 fabric Mickey heads. Ugh. What a task!

IMG_4101edit.jpg

IMG_4103edit.jpg

Very cute idea! I love it.

The Valentine's outfit was cute and definitely year-round wear.

Love the Cookie Monster outfit too. Yes, that blue was just sreaming for a Cookie Monster face.

Probably most of you don't know me, I have been lurking or absent for a long time. I am going to try and keep up better on the latest thread. I am just starting to get sewing again. I broke my (sewing) foot 5 days before Christmas and had surgery in January. I am finally getting to the point where I can get around enough to get to my craft room and sew. I am still on crutches and not allowed to bear any weight on the broken foot so navigating my cluttered craft room is an adventure to say the least. Over the past several days I have managed to cut out skirts for DD and her AG doll. I'm making them Dr. Suess outfits for Dr. Seuss' birthday. At this rate I'm not sure I'll get done in time! I'm keeping it pretty simply so I have hope. My next project is getting a chair up next to the ironing board so I can kneel on it to iron. I had no idea so many things would be so darn difficult when I broke my foot!!! But I'm happy to be (almost) sewing again!

I was going to say Digital by Design on FB too but I see someone already did.
Her designs are really good too!

ok, i forgot to ask this question while making the move over here, but last night I was working on one of heathersue's cindy cutie t-shirt and got 2/3 of the way done and all of a sudden my satin stitch was showing up as the white thread in my bobbin and the blue thread in the needle did not show up anywhere???:confused3:confused3:confused3

what the heck happened and how do I fix it? I have a brother 750D in case that matters on the answer, but this made me so confused I just stopped until I can figure it out!

thanks in advance for any possible answer.

I have the same embroidery machine. Not sure what went wrong but maybe there is a clump of thread caught in your threading track? Did you try taking the thread and bobbin completely out and rethreading both? If it helps make you feel better, I was doing a rush job on a shirt for my DD last night (she wanted to wear it to the airport to pick up her Army hubby) @ midnight. ;)
I was halfway through it and somehow, the thread started bunching and the needle broke and it ate a hole in the center of the design right before our eyes. She was so sad (we didn't have the time to start over). We took it apart, cleaned all the dust, tiny threads, etc out of the bobbin holder, put in a fresh needle and rethreaded. Works like a charm again. The shirt was a loss but we can always try again another day.

I have nothin' for ya Wendy but just wanted to say I hope you find someone that can help. :hug:

th_IMG_4101edit.jpg

th_IMG_4103edit.jpg

Love the Fonzie pose! WOW! Did you really put all of those Mickey heads on by hand? How did you attach them?

Did you see Mallory got her outfits. The shirt looks PERFECT with the skirt (which looks incredibly long on Mallory in the pic but I made it the length they requested). Thank you again so very much for tag-teaming with me :)

I did...she looks so cute in them! Sorry it took so long for her to get it. DH is still in the doghouse over that one...but after he brings home my serger we should be even ;)

Popping in to say hi before I head out for the day. We're off to Sesame Street Live, so of course Katie has a new outfit to wear. Originally I'd planned on her wearing a solid pink top, but the blue tank arrived yesterday and was just the perfect shade of Cookie Monster blue that I couldn't resist.

2132468180051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

sooo cute...

Since I already made it to page one I decided to be a real thread hog (think this might appear on page 2) and be the first to post a photo.

This was another Valentine shirt I made for dd. You can see how terribly enthusiastic she was in posing for this one :confused3

001-2.jpg

The jeans have hearts all over them, but those came from Target. And she only wore this once b/f VD b/c she was out sick a couple of days. Do you think it's too Valentinesy or can she wear it any ol' day?

OMG..that outfit is ADORABLE!!!!!!

so I didn get one step closer to starting to sew again yesterday.....i cleaned off my sewing machine table....my fabric is washed...hopefully get some stuff done this weekend for the big give!!!

I have to go back and catch up on the new thread so far (and finish the old one) but wanting to post my exciting news. I got my bonus from work to day and it was more than I was expecting since I wasn't sure how to account for my maternity leave and coming back only part time when I calculated it...anyway, I am finally getting a serger!!!:cool1::cool1:

I tried a while ago to get the Brother 1034D and had 2 lemons in a row that both broke in different ways before I could even use them. When I went in to the Brother dealer to talk to them about it before I sent the 2nd one back, they convinced me to save for the 3034D as it is made more sturdily. Life got in the way and I never went back and got it...but DH is going to buy me one on his way home tonight!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Whoo hoo!! Happy for you! Tell me how you like it when you get it. I have been saving and waiting too. Still not sure when I will get one, but that one is on my "want" list.

Very cute idea! I love it.

The Valentine's outfit was cute and definitely year-round wear.

Love the Cookie Monster outfit too. Yes, that blue was just sreaming for a Cookie Monster face.

Probably most of you don't know me, I have been lurking or absent for a long time. I am going to try and keep up better on the latest thread. I am just starting to get sewing again. I broke my (sewing) foot 5 days before Christmas and had surgery in January. I am finally getting to the point where I can get around enough to get to my craft room and sew. I am still on crutches and not allowed to bear any weight on the broken foot so navigating my cluttered craft room is an adventure to say the least. Over the past several days I have managed to cut out skirts for DD and her AG doll. I'm making them Dr. Suess outfits for Dr. Seuss' birthday. At this rate I'm not sure I'll get done in time! I'm keeping it pretty simply so I have hope. My next project is getting a chair up next to the ironing board so I can kneel on it to iron. I had no idea so many things would be so darn difficult when I broke my foot!!! But I'm happy to be (almost) sewing again!

Hi...happy you are back. I am glad your foot is mending well. I hope you are back up and around soon!
When is Dr. Seuss birthday? I have some fabric too I need to make (I have been hoarding it since it came out).

Hi Jeanne! :wave2: Glad you're starting to get around a little better! I miss seeing jham creations on here...your things are so inspiring!:lovestruc

Whoo hoo!! Happy for you! Tell me how you like it when you get it. I have been saving and waiting too. Still not sure when I will get one, but that one is on my "want" list.

Hi...happy you are back. I am glad your foot is mending well. I hope you are back up and around soon!
When is Dr. Seuss birthday? I have some fabric too I need to make (I have been hoarding it since it came out).

i believe Dr. seuss' bday is March 2nd :goodvibes

Digital by Design on facebook has Marie designs.

Yay for being back and starting to get around again, hope to keep seeing your and your creations around here. Great meeting you at the Dismeet too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter