• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost done with my first pair of easy fits. I am making them for DD and all I have left is the elastic through the waist band. DS woke up so I have to wait for bed time to finish

Make sure you get a new car seat for your DS. Any time a car seat is in an accident it should be replaced!! Her insurance should cover the cost of the seat. Make sure her company knows your son was in the car with you. Good luck and keep us posted.

Luckily no one was hurt and my car never moved. It was just this loud crash. But we did put another seat we had. But the insurance company gave us a GMC Suburban. It is so huge compared to my Durango. I told DH he might have to drive it and I will take his car.

Adorable (child and clothes), great job!!

The outfit is adorable and so is your little man. :goodvibes

This came out great!! Your little one is adorable.

Very cute!

What a cute outfit! And model! Great job on the easy fits...love that pattern!

I like these. I better not let my former manager see these pictures, her boy is really into Thomas the Train!

I love it! DS2 was looking over my shoulder earlier when I was browsing the thread and he was so excited. "Look mommy it's Percy! And Thomas! Oh and James! Mommy I like it!" :rotfl:

I
Adorable! It looks like he just loves them! :banana:

D~

He is a doll. Love the Thomas outfit!

Very CUTE!! I've got myself some Thomas boys too.

love it! great job

miprender - love the Thomas outfit. Your DS looks so big compared to the picture in your siggy.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and the suggestion about the car seat.
As for the picture in my siggy. That was when he was 14mths and his first trip to Disney. I really do need to update those photos.:rotfl:

I am back and recovering from what I would call our attempt to do Disney like never before! We hit the parks early and stayed late. That meant being up before 7am and often not getting back to the room until 1am. My legs have never been so sore!!!

I will get a few photos posted soon or head to my FB page where I just uploaded a ton!

Looking forward to catching up on all the amazing stuff I am sure you guys have been working so hard on while I was gone.

Welcome back!
Ok what I did today.... first I learned my daughter wears a 2 not a 3 and not to ever doubt that lol. The dress is huge I had just enough fabric left to make a sash though so she is wearing that. I would have remade the dress smaller if I would have had the fabric. I was sad the whole time I was cutting it how pathetic is that?
th_edittink008.jpg

TFL
So cute... she is such a cutie pie.

Here are the pathetic photos I have of the kids in some of the stuff I made. We were so covered up most of the time, I didn't do a great job taking pictures of their clothes.

th_IMG_1799.jpg

th_IMG_1772.jpg

not that you can even see it, but she is wearing a Minnie twirl skirt!
th_IMG_1852.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Looks like you had a great time despite the cold.:cold:

well, our december trip was fun but FREEZING cold!! All that sewing and they were bundled up from head to toe. Here are a few of the pics I caught of them w/out their winter gear.

AK outfits.
th_DSC03206.jpg
th_DSC03201.jpg

the one day it warmed up I'd given up on customs and they were in street clothes, figures.
th_DSC03374.jpg
th_DSC03348.jpg

th_DSC03247.jpg
Looks like everyone had a great time too!

I finished Hannah's Valentines outfit today!
th_100_2918.jpg

And am half done Tim's - thank to those who helped me out!
th_100_2919.jpg

For those who have been praying for Bob, Thank you so much. He feels it is the power of prayer that is helping him heal so quickly. On Sunday he leaves for his first trip since the surgery as he is teaching at Frontier School of the Bible in Wyoming for the week! Pray it goes well as he gets back into the swing of things

Wendy great job. And sending prayers for Bob:hug:

You're welcome! This is the Cinderella that I did for DD when we went to see Disney on Ice. It goes together very easily.

th_014-3.jpg

June 23? Wow, that's late!
So cute. With the lastest storm it is now June 24th they get out.:scared1: Our summer is going to be real short this year.

One more outfit down for our trip. This is for HS. Sorry again for the crappy pics, I never seem to have my camera and memory card in the same place!

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyNzIwMTExODM4MTIuanBn.jpg

Jeans front:
bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyNzIwMTExODM5MDIuanBn.jpg

Jeans back:
bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyNzIwMTExODM4NDAuanBn.jpg

Jason loves them! Just have to get the rest of Alison's skirt sewn and one tshirt for DH embroidered and then we're all set!
Love it.:love:

Here is what I have been working on this week...
a Beauty and the Beast Vida
th_SDC15336.jpg

Thanks for looking!

This is just beautiful and as others said the colors are just great.

I would like to add that everyone on this board has been such an inspiration to me! I am slowly learning to sew and applique and your creativity just keeps me going, so thank you to all who contribute to this board and thanks for always being so kind to us newbies who often have repetitive questions. I believe many of us are self teaching as we go and you all are the reason we are learning and acquiring new skills. that makes you all the BESTEST OF THE BEST in my books!:goodvibes

They are all great on this board. Everyone has been so wonderful and I love seeing everyone's creations.:cloud9:

After 8 days of car and brain trauma I am finally sewing again. I am making 3 patchwork twirl skirts for our upcoming trip. I am using the strip tube quilt making method for the skirts so it is going quick.

It feels great to get back to doing something I know.

I finally got State Farm on the line and my car is now officially totaled. They did give me full retail value, cost of new tires, tax and plate. It was straight up fair.

Now to get my head back to better and perhaps life can settle down.

So glad you are feeling better.:hug:

quick drive by- I love everything, honest- especially the B&B dress-WOW!

I fixed the mermaid problem, but my pics are terrible so I won't show it;)

Re: Vida/Feliz for 12-18mo size:

I have made a Vida for a baby that size; here's what I did- I made the 2y/o size but did not add seam allowance; I used knots in the straps instead of buttons and I made the elastic a little tighter under the arms. It seemed to work well. HIH.

C'mon.... we all want to see it. Please....

almost done with my first pair of easy fits. I am making them for DD and all I have left is the elastic through the waist band. DS woke up so I have to wait for bed time to finish

After trying the second time and just believing they would come out as pants :rotfl:they are quite easy. Even the elastic went in OK.

One more outfit down for our trip. This is for HS. Sorry again for the crappy pics, I never seem to have my camera and memory card in the same place!

th_bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyNzIwMTExODM4MTIuanBn.jpg
Super cute!

She is absolutely adorable! And I love the colors in the dress too....perfect color for her!! I loved the Lilo dress too....I lost my quote on that one!
Thank you. :goodvibes

th_SDC15336.jpg
I commented on FB but I just wanted to say again this stunning. The colors are perfect!

She's gonna make Lilo jealous, because she's soooooooo much cute-er :lovestruc
Thank you :goodvibes

The feliz consists of an overdress and an underdress. The overdress is open in the back, thus showing off the optional ruffles which if used are added to the back of the underdress.

The vida is a single layer and the optional ruffles can be added to the back panel.

Either can be made with ruffles or hems at the bottom, and with addiitonal embellishments as desired.

Here is the feliz: (the underdress of this one is barely showing from the front, it has the red polka dot ruffle barely showing)
th_100_3942.jpg

And here is a vida:
th_100_3894.jpg

ETA: Forgot to say that I don't think the patterns go that small, but I have seen someone make the vida as a dolly dress, so you could probably alter it by shrinking it on a copier.
Both are amazing. Can I add I am kind of glad the Feliz doesnt come in a smaller size? I really want one for EE but now I will have to wait lol.

T
DD4 is 22 inches around the chest which would make her a size 3 according to Carla. I cut the size 5 and then have her try it on before I attach the skirt. Definitely end up making some adjustments every time. I really like the halter style because it fits so much tighter to their torso with the elastic in the back. Just a cuter look to me. I think she looks a little frumpy if the bodice is too boxy.

Anyway, your DD still looks super cute to me!

In my humble opinion... I think the Feliz is too much dress for a baby. The Vida would be perfect. I almost think the Feliz, since I make it with so many ruffles is a bit much for my 4yo! So much dress!!! It is cute though. You could even make the vida as more of a tunic top for her and pair it with a pair of leggings. That would be adorable.
I agree about the boxiness. I am making the princess dresses though so I am kind of out of luck since they need the other bodice.
I had not thought about this good point. To much fabric. EE has a vida that I bought years ago it is a 2 I need to try and on her and get a picture so you can see a vida on an itty bitty. It to me is fine for winter or fall but I am not sure it would really work for summer.

Tink is just the best, that is a great dress and you did wonderful work. The poof is great!!!
Thanks so much. :goodvibes

ms_mckenna - You have been sewing up a storm. Love the Little Lilo and the blue tink dress. You have the cutest little model to wear all of your great creations.
Thank you!
After 8 days of car and brain trauma I am finally sewing again. I am making 3 patchwork twirl skirts for our upcoming trip. I am using the strip tube quilt making method for the skirts so it is going quick.

I finally got State Farm on the line and my car is now officially totaled. They did give me full retail value, cost of new tires, tax and plate. It was straight up fair.

Now to get my head back to better and perhaps life can settle down.:rolleyes1
I am glad you are feeling better. :goodvibes Settling down sounds like a great plan!

Can't wait to see. :goodvibes

Oh my goodness I LOVE what you guys have been up to!!

Hope the Dis meet goes well, have fun everyone!! Who wants to have a PJ party on here tomorrow night???

Just a friendly reminder that the ship date for
MALLORY's BIG GIVE is tomorrow!!!

Come on over to the big give site, post your creation/pixie dust and we'll pm you the address!! Cant wait to see MAllory's expressions!!!

Thanks for all the comments on the Valentines outfits!! Anyone have a little boy wearing a size 6? I want to make the easy fit legs a little slimmer for Tim's outfit...any advice??????Im afraid if I just hack into the leg, it will look all crazy at the seat of his pants!!!! lol

I like your idea of using buttons to outline the Mickey heads. I may have to try it some day.

I'd like to take credit for it but the idea originally came from a disboutiquer named MYTWOTINKS (I'm fairly certain she was the first, certainly the one I copied)

Great pics! I remember taking DS2 when he was 6mos and he was just enthralled with SpectroMagic. He had about that same look on his face. :lovestruc Did you make the hat in the pic above? It is so pretty!

Thank you, I LOVE this picture! I didn't make her hat, my MIL did and it has a very pretty scarf that matches.

ANITA: Thanks so much! And YES Vi is getting so big. we h ad a great time at MVMCP b/c it was FREEZING and everyone went home right after the parade. The longest wait time we had was for Space MT. and there were about 20 people in line ahead of us. It was AWESOME!!!! they went on Buzz light year like 7 times in a row :rotfl

Hopefully I'll get some better pictures this weekend at the meet!

:love::love::love:
Thank you!!

You're welcome! I hope you get something good.

So cute!!! :thumbsup2

D~

Looks Great! I think all of the jeans that have been posted lately have really inspired me. I have been afraid of them but I think I may give it a try!

Super cute!

Thank you!

effervescent - your DD looks so sweet in that Cinderella dress. Sounds like you have yourself a little doll that likes to play dress up. The Toy Story outfit came out so nice. I'm impressed with everyone that sews and embroiders on jeans.

Thank you. Alison is my little girly girl - she is just what I ordered. :lmao: Jason is so happy that he finally got a whole outfit like Sissy always does. I think I'll be doing more in the future!

Wow, what great outfits. The jeans are just great, was it hard to do?

Well I somewhat cheated - I did the appliques as patches and then hand sewed them on. I can hand sew at my desk at work during down times, and I really wasn't feeling that up to ripping out the seams and restitching. I think I am going to add a Jessie and an alien onto the jeans though - there's too much blank space for me. It all depends on how much time I have tomorrow.

th_SDC15336.jpg

back:
th_SDC15338.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That is beautiful!

I'm glad that it was a relatively easy process. I hope things calm down now!

Thanks for all the comments on the Valentines outfits!! Anyone have a little boy wearing a size 6? I want to make the easy fit legs a little slimmer for Tim's outfit...any advice??????Im afraid if I just hack into the leg, it will look all crazy at the seat of his pants!!!! lol

Jason is in a 5 and I've been wanting to do the same thing but haven't had a chance to try it out. Hope someone has done it and can throw in their two pennies!

Well I am at 29.5 hours! :woohoo:

I finished up Alison's HS outfit tonight:
bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyODIwMTEyMjI5MDIuanBn.jpg

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyODIwMTEyMjI5MjYuanBn.jpg

bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyODIwMTEyMjMwMDQuanBn.jpg

I absolutely love the ruffles on that skirt, I will definitely be making more!

I still need to do an applique tshirt for DH and 4 iron on transfer shirts and then I'll be done with the clothes. Yes, I'm a last minute kind of person! And yes, I still need to pack too. :rotfl:

Here are the pathetic photos I have of the kids in some of the stuff I made. We were so covered up most of the time, I didn't do a great job taking pictures of their clothes.

th_IMG_1625.jpg

Thanks for looking!
I love seeing the pictures of the kids in the parks!! Thanks for sharing!

All right, I'm done sewing everything I had planned on sewing for the trip! As I was laying out all of the outfits, I noticed that Sawyer's wardrobe is pretty pitiful. Most everything has been worn many times. He only has one new outfit. But, he won't care, so I'll try not to care either. Here are some pics:

For DHS:
167133_1787717382687_1532147504_31810546_2482784_n.jpg

For MK:
163236_1787717662694_1532147504_31810547_7036351_n.jpg

I'm missing you already my dear sister! :hug:
These outfits are so cute!! Just like my niece and nephew! The Star Wars outfits are so cool! and, I love Tessa's "Everything Disney" outfit!!! (corey says he likes the Vinylmation)

Have a great trip!!

well, our december trip was fun but FREEZING cold!! All that sewing and they were bundled up from head to toe. Here are a few of the pics I caught of them w/out their winter gear.

Violet's first ride on the carousel
th_DSC03312.jpg

Little at the parade
th_DSC03302.jpg

and because he seems to get left out..here is Mac waiting to watch the movie in Canada.
th_DSC03247.jpg

You guys all look so cute!!! You have the most beautiful kids Tifani.

Have fun this weekend!!

th_100_2918.jpg

And am half done Tim's - thank to those who helped me out!
th_100_2919.jpg

Elizabeth has decided that she doesnt like the feel of jeans, so I got her a pair of Jeggins and the same tshirt as Hannah.

For those who have been praying for Bob, Thank you so much. He feels it is the power of prayer that is helping him heal so quickly. On Sunday he leaves for his first trip since the surgery as he is teaching at Frontier School of the Bible in Wyoming for the week! Pray it goes well as he gets back into the swing of things!!

I love the outfits!!! That Minnie outfit is so adorable!! I love the pants!!!!

Thank you for the update on Bob!!! I hope he has a great time out in Wyoming!

Problem is I think it is going to be to big. I got it from Angel and the picture of G wearing it she looks like she is about EE's size so I am hoping. The only petti we have right now is a 12m. I so need to buy some pettis ... hint hint lol.
I am just trying to get done before James starts school in March.
Thank you bought the fabric years ago way before she was born but it does fit her. The apron is attached I added the sash because it was so big. When we go I will have to take a picture of the pinned or cinched up back to prove how big it is.

If it's too big, just add smaller elastic. PM me if you need to order any pettis. :thumbsup2

LOL, Ok, I believe you! But, she sure does look gorgeous in it!!

th_bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyNzIwMTExODM4MTIuanBn.jpg

They look great!!!

:thanks:Thank you for making this non-sewer feel welcome. I truly hope the info might help the OP. It looks like a terrific organization.

Thank YOU for posting the information! :hug:

Hi sew-ers! I've not posted here before but I've spent many days looking back through lots of your Disboutiquer threads and admiring all of your talent. Just wanting to say hello.

:welcome: Stick around!

th_SDC15336.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Anita, this is gorgeous!

The feliz consists of an overdress and an underdress. The overdress is open in the back, thus showing off the optional ruffles which if used are added to the back of the underdress.

The vida is a single layer and the optional ruffles can be added to the back panel.

Either can be made with ruffles or hems at the bottom, and with addiitonal embellishments as desired.

Here is the feliz: (the underdress of this one is barely showing from the front, it has the red polka dot ruffle barely showing)
th_100_3942.jpg

and the back side of the feliz w/ruffles:
100_3941.jpg
I love that Feliz!

Apparently they are at the parks around this time every year. This is their summer break. A neighbor who coincidentally was in Disney the same time as us, happens to be Brazilian. She said it is a right of passage and just about every Brazilian family saves for their child's trip to Disney and sends them off on these groups. NO PARENTS!!! There were also a lot of Brazilian families with smaller children. She loved talking to the groups and families. She was also able to find out what parks they would be in and when so we were able to avoid the really big groups to some extent.

Wow, who knew! :confused3 I'm glad your neighbor could help you out!

I would like to add that everyone on this board has been such an inspiration to me! I am slowly learning to sew and applique and your creativity just keeps me going, so thank you to all who contribute to this board and thanks for always being so kind to us newbies who often have repetitive questions. I believe many of us are self teaching as we go and you all are the reason we are learning and acquiring new skills. that makes you all the BESTEST OF THE BEST in my books!

ditto...lol....very well said!!!!! I'm a newbie too and get much inspiration from these ladies!!!! someday I hope to have the know how and the time to be as crafty as you guys are!!!

I also hope to be able to start making some things for the 'big gives' when our trip in May is done......everytime I read about what you guys do for these families I tear up!!!!1 just awesome!!!!

I agree, this is such a wonderful group of people!!

heathersue -- WOW! WOW! and WOW!!!! Love those appliques. I am not at all a Star Wars fan but I do have to say I've never seen better SWs outfits. Your kids must be very proud to have you as their Mom!

That is so sweet of you to say!! Yes, I would have to say that her kids are pretty proud of her! She is really a wonderful Mommy. :lovestruc

I can't wait to see them!

Well I am at 29.5 hours!

th_bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMExHRENGL0ltYWdlMDEyODIwMTEyMjI5MDIuanBn.jpg

I still need to do an applique tshirt for DH and 4 iron on transfer shirts and then I'll be done with the clothes. Yes, I'm a last minute kind of person! And yes, I still need to pack too. :rotfl:

This is just too cute!!!!! I love it!!! Your daughter is soooo adorable!!!

I am so glad your feeling better and that you weren't seriously hurt. Congrats on the easy process with State Farm, those situations can go either way!

quick drive by- I love everything, honest- especially the B&B dress-WOW!

I fixed the mermaid problem, but my pics are terrible so I won't show it;)

Re: Vida/Feliz for 12-18mo size:

I have made a Vida for a baby that size; here's what I did- I made the 2y/o size but did not add seam allowance; I used knots in the straps instead of buttons and I made the elastic a little tighter under the arms. It seemed to work well. HIH.

April- glad you're feeling better- I've been praying for you; make sure you get enough rest.

Aw C'mon, we love pictures, even bad ones.

I love this outfit! The colors are great and your right, the butt ruffles are always a winner.

Anita~ Your Beauty & the Beast dress is gorgeous, you always do such beautiful work and congratulations on your Son-In-Laws success at Basic.

I love this outfit - and I love the fabric you chose - great job!!! And your dd is so cute (reminds me of my dds when they were little)... :lovestruc

D~

A friend of mine wants me to make her dd a pair of jammies... I am really nervous about this because I've never sewn anything life sized.

This is what I know:
1. Her dd is a bit over weight.
2. She plans to pick out the fabric (she wants knit - uh-oh I've never sewn knit)

So, I am thinking (obviously) Easy fit pants for the bottoms - but is there a way to modify them for someone who is a bit bigger?

And which shirt? The bowling shirt? Or the portrait peasant? Or something else?

Gosh - I am so nervous about this, since I am still learning... I am not so nervous about doing it - it's more her picking out the fabric - since she has never sewn - the odds of her picking a fabric that is impossible to sew is quite good. :confused3 Should I contact her, and tell her I'd prefer to pick the fabric?

THanks everyone for any insight you can give me. :lovestruc

D~

Hello there, I am new here. Been lurking for years..... I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling, small etsy shop owner, mom to 4 sweet kids. We are DISNEY FREAKS. lol. Next trip is in 258 days and it's been far too long since we've been.

I adore everyones work and save oodles of pics for inspiration. :)

I look forward to being an active member now.

Rebekah

A friend of mine wants me to make her dd a pair of jammies... I am really nervous about this because I've never sewn anything life sized.

This is what I know:
2. She plans to pick out the fabric (she wants knit - uh-oh I've never sewn knit)

So, I am thinking (obviously) Easy fit pants for the bottoms - but is there a way to modify them for someone who is a bit bigger?

Gosh - I am so nervous about this, since I am still learning... I am not so nervous about doing it - it's more her picking out the fabric - since she has never sewn - the odds of her picking a fabric that is impossible to sew is quite good. :confused3 Should I contact her, and tell her I'd prefer to pick the fabric?

D~

As far as the style I would probably do the Easy Fit pants and portrait peasant top (easier and more girly than the bowling shirt).

For the Easy fit pants you would go with the size based on her hip measurement, size the elastic to fit her waist measurement and then measure the length she needs. That is the nice thing about Carla's patterns, you can custom fit the size so you should be fine there.

As far as the fabric, I would probably recommend to her what type of fabrics you are comfortable sewing with, and let her pick the pattern. I have made Easy fits out of a sweatshirt type knit that worked out fine. Not sure about the peasant top out of knit, but it could work. The other top I have used that is made for knits is the raglan tee, and that could work for pjs too! Hope that helps.

Hello there, I am new here. Been lurking for years..... I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling, small etsy shop owner, mom to 4 sweet kids. We are DISNEY FREAKS. lol. Next trip is in 258 days and it's been far too long since we've been.

Rebekah

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

I LOVE :love: this outfit! I really love the audrey skirt style and Monsters inc is one of my favorites. Just made myself some Monsters Inc pjs.

This is what I know:

D~

My girls love their portrait peasant night gowns so that is a good option for a top. Also since you are working w/ knit (BTW, if you don't have a walking foot GET ONE and pins are your friends) you might want to give the Scientific Seamstress Raglan shirt a try.
http://www.scientificseamstress.com/catalog/Raglans.html

Rebekah

Welcome! A number of us on here also homeschool. Can't wait to see what you make!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter