Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The snow line is just a few hundred feet above us.
IMG_6238.jpg

IMG_6237-1.jpg

Of course I will need to get sheets and cover the new plantings today so they don't freeze. Snow is expected on the valley floor tonite.

DD and I have a machine quilt class today:yay:

OT-Hope you don't mind but I just had to ask where you live? I was starting to think I was the only one who was still having winter in June. We got 10 inches of snow this last weekend:scared1: Still waiting for spring.

I apologize for all the pictures but I've made a few things in the past few months that I haven't had a chance to post. I have been trying to make the most of my new embroidery machine but my technique is not great.

I made two of these sets, one for my DD and one for my niece, for Easter. All those patches were starting to make me dizzy:
IMG_3886.jpg

I made this dress for my niece's birthday and a matching doll dress as she might be going to the American Girl store in NYC with her grandmother this week and I'm sure she will be able to talk her into getting her an American Girl.
IMG_3845.jpg

When I found this fabric I knew I could use it to make a coordinating set for my kids. It is hard to find stuff that will work for my DS and my picky DD.
IMG_3900.jpg

My other niece (Ava) is turning 3 next week and she loves "Cars" so I made her a reversible A-line, one side is fun and the other side is a little girly
IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

I thought I would make something quick for my nefew to match his sister but I think I spent more time on this t-shirt then anything else I did. I was afraid to make the applique on the t-shirt so I ended up just making it on some fabric and sewing it on. I added the word to balance out the t-shirt. The design wouldn't fit in the middle of the shirt with the little pocket.
IMG_4028.jpg

When my mom was visiting in April we bought some fabric to make this wall hanging quilt. The smaller squares are pockets and I am planning on hanging it in my sewing room to store all those little things that are always strewn about my sewing table. I still have to add the border, the backing and quilt it - it will probably be finished in 10 years!
IMG_3881.jpg

Now I just have to make some stuff will all the designs I purchased from HeatherSue. My DS5 is requesting shirt so I am trying to steer him towards something Toy Story, time to get some more designs from HeatherSue.

These all came out great!!! Love the cupcake dress, will be perfect for the birthday girl.

Machine Embroidery / Applique question: I'm not sure if I am even asking this correctly but does anyone know where I can get a basic looking (block letter) Applique Font? I just want to add some block letters to some bags but I want it to be an applique type of design not just stitches. Does that make sense? TIA

Here is RAY! I tweaked the design just a little after stitching him out so now I should like the antenae better.
20849_1414890785241_1621711716_994787_566128_n.jpg

HERE IS A CLOSE-UP
20849_1414890825242_1621711716_994788_1985942_n.jpg

SO now my question - what do you think? I have him in a 5x7 hoop. I can make it a bit bigger on my machine. do you think he is too little right now? There is no way I want him smaller. I think for Evangeline's dress I may make him just a little bigger.

Here is RAY! I tweaked the design just a little after stitching him out so now I should like the antenae better.

HERE IS A CLOSE-UP

SO now my question - what do you think? I have him in a 5x7 hoop. I can make it a bit bigger on my machine. do you think he is too little right now? There is no way I want him smaller. I think for Evangeline's dress I may make him just a little bigger.

I think he looks great!!! so cute!

HERE IS A CLOSE-UP

So cute! Did you digitize him? Do you sell your designs? I need a Ray and haven't seen him anywhere yet!

Soooo adorable!!!!

So, here's the first set for Little Man. It's been so long since I've sewn for him! I fogot how quick boys set go together! The waist on the shorts are too big (thank goodness for adjustable waists!) so they look a little long in the pictures - they are suppose to be like long board shorts :)

th_IMG_8198.jpg
th_IMG_8203.jpg
So cute! Love the way you did the strip on the polo- DS prefers collared shirts, but I never know how to embellish them- your idea is fab!
Ok I've about finished Taylor's villian dress (just need to top stitch and get any loose strings, but I wanted to try it on her before she went to bed) The bodice is still a lil big, but our trip isn't until November and I didn't want her to outgrow it. She will be wearing this to see Villians Tonight! on the Disney Magic. I still need to make some matching bows, I'm just waiting on Taylor to pick her 2 favorite villians.

th_DSC_0900.jpg
I love the Villains dress- great job; the colors are perfect, too! Taylor is looking so grown up already- they look wonderful!
th_SoccerBallet051.jpg

Ok, so I'm finally trying to figure out how to post a few pictures of things I have made.
great job! I especially love the Epcot dress- so sweet :)
As promised....I have a ton of Sea World pics and as much as I would love to share them all, I will spare you. The girls didn't get around to wearing their Nemo outfits I made but we go back next month (yay for season passes)...so they will wear them then.

Here are the Shamu/whale outfits I made them in action. Thanks Heather....we got so many compliments!!
th_SDC13740.jpg

And last but not least ...I just have to share this picture because I love it and it makes me smile every time I look at it....
th_TheKiss.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.
I really love how precious the outfits look on their models- so super cute! And the kiss picture is just priceless!
Ok, so I finally finished the karate uniform. Now I need to do something with lots of color and ruffles to counter all the white seams I have been doing. Here is a pic of dd mid "hiyah!" If anyone else is looking for a karate uniform for kids McCall's is the only place I could find that has a current one in print and it isn't in the book! I had to call my mom so she could tell me the number...it is in with the uniforms too not the costumes like I would have thought.
th_DSC01711.jpg
Love it!
Love the dresses. Funny I have the same material for an Epcot dress, and also have the mushroom material. I actually made two dresses with the mushroom material, and the animal print that coordinated with it.

I haven't ever posted this one, you reminded me. This is my second one with the mushrooms.
th_IMG_0429-1.jpg

Can you tell Ash is trying to sew while I took pictures?

Love it- very sweet.
I've been meaning to get these pics posted for a while now, so now you get to see everything I've been working on for the past few weeks...first is the slip to go under the heirloom dress...I need to get her dressed up again for a better pic, it was crazy on her graduation night!
th_DSC00005.jpg

th_DSC00021.jpg
Wow! The slip and the dress are both absolutely amazing! I am so jealous that you can sew like that and I can't LOL. Maybe by the time I have grandkids... and I think it's even better that she's wearing an heirloom from her sister, we do that with our family Christening gown and I've saved a couple of special things of Caities I'd love for another little one to wear someday.- I know you'll make something fab for IOA, the fabric is perfect.
The snow line is just a few hundred feet above us.
th_IMG_6238.jpg

Of course I will need to get sheets and cover the new plantings today so they don't freeze. Snow is expected on the valley floor tonite.

DD and I have a machine quilt class today
Congrats on the class- but holy cow, snow in June? Brrrrrrr.
I apologize for all the pictures but I've made a few things in the past few months that I haven't had a chance to post. I have been trying to make the most of my new embroidery machine but my technique is not great.

I made two of these sets, one for my DD and one for my niece, for Easter. All those patches were starting to make me dizzy:
th_IMG_3886.jpg

I made this dress for my niece's birthday and a matching doll dress as she might be going to the American Girl store in NYC with her grandmother this week and I'm sure she will be able to talk her into getting her an American Girl.
th_IMG_3845.jpg

When I found this fabric I knew I could use it to make a coordinating set for my kids. It is hard to find stuff that will work for my DS and my picky DD.
th_IMG_3900.jpg

My other niece (Ava) is turning 3 next week and she loves "Cars" so I made her a reversible A-line, one side is fun and the other side is a little girly
th_IMG_4041.jpg

I thought I would make something quick for my nefew to match his sister but I think I spent more time on this t-shirt then anything else I did. I was afraid to make the applique on the t-shirt so I ended up just making it on some fabric and sewing it on. I added the word to balance out the t-shirt. The design wouldn't fit in the middle of the shirt with the little pocket.
th_IMG_4028.jpg

When my mom was visiting in April we bought some fabric to make this wall hanging quilt. The smaller squares are pockets and I am planning on hanging it in my sewing room to store all those little things that are always strewn about my sewing table. I still have to add the border, the backing and quilt it - it will probably be finished in 10 years!
th_IMG_3881.jpg

Now I just have to make some stuff will all the designs I purchased from HeatherSue. My DS5 is requesting shirt so I am trying to steer him towards something Toy Story, time to get some more designs from HeatherSue.

Wow! You have been really busy- I love everything!
Ok...I probably get the idiot stitcher of the day award today...but I have a question. I went to the store to buy ballpoint needles for my embroidery machine (after stitching a name on a shirt last night that didn't meet my expectations). They had regular needles, universal ballpoint needles, and then they had embroidery needles (that didn't specify if they are sharp, regular, or ballpoint). So my question....Do all needles fit both sewing machines and embroidery machines or do you have to buy a special "embroidery ballpoint" needle made just for embroidery machines? Am I making any sense at all????

It's not an idiot question, and I may be wrong, but I just use universal ballpoint for knits, sharp for cottons, and jeans for denim- the same needles I would use in my sewing machine.

HERE IS A CLOSE-UP

Color me extremely jealous- I can't even figure out how to make SEU autodigitize a disney tt font. and look at you- you're obviously smarter than I am, for sure- I really love your Ray- awesome job! I think it depends on where you're putting him as far as size- on the bodice- I wouldn't go any bigger. On the skirt- maybe? How's that for totally unhelpful :)

I am in mobile, and I'll do my best here. fabric: our Hobby Lobby has lot of good coordinated prints. There is a little shop called All About Sewing that has a limited selection, but things you cannot find everywhere. There is a PB&J Kids here, but I don't go a lot as they are really pricey. We have a JoAnn and a Hancock as well.

Fun things: The USS Alabama is a fun tour of a WWII battleship. Bellingrath Gardens are great for kids. The exploreum is a children's meseum downtown that usually has a good traveling exhibit and IMAX. The beaches are closed for swimming but there is a water park in Gulf Shores called Waterville USA. Also Fort Conde and Fort morgan, The Dauphin Island Sea Lab. Pensacola is the home of the Blue Angels technical flying group, and you may be able to catch a practice flight. It will be HOT, HOT, HOT in July. We have already had 95-98 highs and 100+ heat index days. Think WDW in summer.

Thanks so much !!! Sounds like a lot of fun things to do and I will definitely be excited to go to a Hobby Lobby and Hancock, all I have is a Joann. I got you on the HOT, HOT, HOT, DH thinks it is so funny, everyday he emails me a pic of outside temp from his car, the other day it was 90 degrees at 9am :scared1: the place that he is staying has a nice pool, so I foresee lots of time at the pool!! Again Thank You very much !:thumbsup2

Hi all - I have a quick question. I want to try an applique and so I went and bought the sulky stabilizer but for the heat n bond they have ultra and regular. Can I use the regular? Is there one that actually says "lite" on it??? Don't want buy a bunch of the wrong one. Thanks

I think he looks great!!! so cute!

So cute! Did you digitize him? Do you sell your designs? I need a Ray and haven't seen him anywhere yet!

Color me extremely jealous- I can't even figure out how to make SEU autodigitize a disney tt font. and look at you- you're obviously smarter than I am, for sure- I really love your Ray- awesome job! I think it depends on where you're putting him as far as size- on the bodice- I wouldn't go any bigger. On the skirt- maybe? How's that for totally unhelpful :)

Thanks Guys! I am going to sell them - RubberDuckyRanch will be open soon I hope! I have him as a 5x7 but can't figure out how to make him a 6x10. And I think he is way too complicated to make 4x4 unless he is mostly filled-in. I am making him for part of a bodice design on a feliz for my Evangeline and this is the pose from when he is singing to Evangeline in the movie. My first one - the 6x10 test piece is constantly carried around by our Evangeline.

Love the dresses. Funny I have the same material for an Epcot dress, and also have the mushroom material. I actually made two dresses with the mushroom material, and the animal print that coordinated with it.

I haven't ever posted this one, you reminded me. This is my second one with the mushrooms.
IMG_0429-1.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Can you tell Ash is trying to sew while I took pictures?

Great minds think alike:rotfl: I love that dress!!!! I just ordered the book with the Faliz(sp) pattern in it, can't wait to get it but it said 1-3 months wait:scared1: Thank goodness our trip isn't until Christmas time.

Hi all - I have a quick question. I want to try an applique and so I went and bought the sulky stabilizer but for the heat n bond they have ultra and regular. Can I use the regular? Is there one that actually says "lite" on it??? Don't want buy a bunch of the wrong one. Thanks

Yep, it is actually called Heat-n-Bond Lite. Regular and Ultra will gunk up your needle. You can get HNBLite by the yard, or pre-packaged on the notions wall.

Ok...I probably get the idiot stitcher of the day award :confused3today...but I have a question. I went to the store to buy ballpoint needles for my embroidery machine (after stitching a name on a shirt last night that didn't meet my expectations:rolleyes1). They had regular needles, universal ballpoint needles, and then they had embroidery needles (that didn't specify if they are sharp, regular, or ballpoint). So my question....Do all needles fit both sewing machines and embroidery machines or do you have to buy a special "embroidery ballpoint" needle made just for embroidery machines? Am I making any sense at all????

I just use the same needle that I would use in my regular machine. I think it has more to do with the fabric you are stitching on then the needle itself. Some fabrics (brands of t's) just don't do well with embroidering letters in my opinion. I have organ ballpoint and sharp. Just my thoughts. I hate putting names on old navy girls shirts. I feel like it shreds the fabric. I didn't always feel this way, each year it seems to get worse and worse.

Oops! I guess I should actually sign in more often! I hardly ever do anymore unless I am expecting a message (usually during a big give). So I apologize to all who PM'd me and I just now got back with you!

Dorks unite!!! I have no clue either...but if it means knowing what Heather has added without looking for it, sign me up! I know she's good about posting on FB, but it seems like all I'm getting is notices on how sucessful my friends are at their games! I'd rather have the gossip, lol.

I like getting the updates from Heather on FB, works for me. Games totally annoy me on FB, who has the time for that!? Now gossip, that's another story ;)

HERE IS A CLOSE-UP

VERY CUTE!! I have yet to see the Princess and the Frog...someday!

Dorks unite!!! I have no clue either...but if it means knowing what Heather has added without looking for it, sign me up! I know she's good about posting on FB, but it seems like all I'm getting is notices on how sucessful my friends are at their games! I'd rather have the gossip, lol.

You can hide the games (that's what I do:)--Put your cursor at the level of the status line & HIDE will show to the right. You click on it & it will give you the option to either hide the person or the game/app. People that post every little thing they are doing also get hid by me! ;)

I need to apply to join the "dork patrol" I did my first heather applique. the first one i forgot to change the thread, so it was in all white. I proceeded to spend 4 hours trying to seam rip it off to no avail and decided to just start over on a new shirt. Bought the new shirt and started over last night just to realize that i put the design on UPSIDE DOWN! UGH!! so now Buzz lightyear is standing on his head and I have to start over again!!! good news is, it turned out adorable and stitched really well. Hopefully the third time is the charm for me!:rotfl2:

This is where you have to use your creativity!:laughing: I once trusted my DH to cut out a skirt for me (thanksgiving peanuts fabric) and he cut the whole thing out upside down! Well, I went with it and embroidered an applique of Charlie Brown and Snoopy upside down with the words "You're upside Down, Charlie Brown!". :rotfl: Nobody understood the joke, but it was fun!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!
About the RSS thing.... if you go to the :wizard:shop and look on the right side under the sellers stats there is a button - orange- that says RSS. If you click on that you can subscribe to a shop feed. I view mine under the favorites tab on my internet 8 thing. Hit favorites, it should open on the left, there are 3 tabs at the top of the favorite pane - favorites, feeds, and history. If you click on the feeds tab if there is anything new it is bolded. I wish I knew how to put a screenprint on here to show you....

It is really cool :) HTH,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter