Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally, I am very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. I know too well how hard it is to lose a parent especially before we are ready. Have peace in knowing that she is in a better place now. I know it is hard and will be for a while but it does get easier. I'll be praying for you and your entire family.

For this year, DD would like Marie from Aristocats on a dress, and Pluto on a top and shorts. Pluto I have built into my machine, but I need to purchase a card that has Marie. That's ok, as I purchased a new machine to be able to use my Disney Princess card :lmao: I see that the Best Pals card has a Marie face, but I found this online.
http://en.item.rakuten.com/mishin-oukoku/10000697/

My DD is a Marie nut. She carries her shell of a plush Marie everywhere. (It is hard to keep a white cat clean. There isn't any stuffing left in it.)

I had to make a Marie by hand. Not too easy. Please excuse her hair. I think Marie played w/ it when she was putting the dress on.
100_3457.jpg

If you get it, let me know if it works. I would love more Marie things for DD. They aren't easy to find, not even at WDW.

So, so cute! Love everything; the cindy dress is gorgeous! I have to warn you though, I'm also planning an audrey for CM's; I don't want you to think I'm just copying ya- I'm planning to use MM plain jane fabrics, though; so they won't be the same- hope we're not both going to CM's the 12th LOL. Otherwise I'll change mine since I haven't made it yet. We'll be there the 5th-13th and I'd love to meet up y'all if we can- and the rest of us, too- I think there's a couple more going around our time:goodvibes

You're too funny! We're going to CM's on the 13th! So we're good there, LOL! Actually, I'm not even sure she'll wear the Audrey to CM's - I'm making her a minnie dress to match my minnie dot top that I made, so we may wear those to CM's. . . although with the apron, the Audrey would be really cute at CM's. . . not sure what to do now??

I thought I would post this as many of you will relate. Gianna is 7 and where we live (LI) customs are rare at best, and as she has told me many times NOT cool for school. Hairbows have also been a no no for the past year:sad1:

Gianna suprised me with a writing piece she worked on in school and an even bigger surprise was that she had entered a mother's day contest in the local newspaper and part of her work was published in the paper (she did not win-oh well). Anyway....her is the surprising and heartwarming part...she wrote "My Mom is very talented. She makes some of my clothes. Once she made me an Alice in Wonderland outfit. My mother loves me at every moment." Lately it has felt like she was embarrased of the customs and sewing that I try to push her into wearing ;) so when I read this it really made my day. DH tells me see I told you she doesn't hate the stuff you make :scared1: Let's just say he really has a way with words :rotfl:

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

What a sweetheart - that's a great mother's day gift!

So sorry for your loss Sally. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Beautiful work as always Lori! I love all of the outfits! So glad you started sewing again after your "vacation" from it! Your work is just beautiful!

Love the Cinderella dress! The fabric you used is just gorgeous! Do you remember where it came from or who the designer was? I just loved it! Is it a cotton or a satin?

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad to be sewing again, too! :) Both fabrics are from JoAnn's - the main fabric was from their spring line and the peplum fabric was in the same area as the Debbie Mumm fabric - it was from a wedding line, I believe. Not much help, I know - sorry!

My DD is a Marie nut. She carries her shell of a plush Marie everywhere. (It is hard to keep a white cat clean. There isn't any stuffing left in it.)

I had to make a Marie by hand. Not too easy. Please excuse her hair. I think Marie played w/ it when she was putting the dress on.
100_3457.jpg

If you get it, let me know if it works. I would love more Marie things for DD. They aren't easy to find, not even at WDW.

Awww this turned out so sweet, I love the fabric you used!

Sewing is much more fun & there are no discipline issues that can't be solved w/ a ripper & embroidery snips.

This just cracked me up! I'm only a teacher to my two, but I am going to have to remember this quote! Especially when it seems like my sewing needs more discipline than I think!:rotfl2:

Sally,

I wanted to make a quick comment about how sorry I am for your loss.

A little over 5 years ago I lost my mother, very unexpected and very suddenly.I think this year is the first Mother's Day that I didn't spend crying almost all day. It is also the first Mother's Day that I didn't visit the grave site.

I wish there was a way to say a magic word to make the pain go away, but there isn't. Time will help, but will never make it go away. Taking comfort that she is no longer in pain, and that she is now dancing with your father, is the way to get through it. For me it also took a lot of prayer.

I wish I could say something profound to make you not have any regrets in those things you didn't get to do, but we both know that you are still going to feel that way no matter what anyone says...even when you already know there was nothing you could have done differently.

We are never really to give up those we love. No matter how strong our belief system is, we humans are selfish by nature. And I think daughters are more so than sons...our mothers are our role models...they should never leave.

I will be praying for you in the coming months. Just know that you always have someone here to talk to...to scream at...to let you know that we understand and are here for you.

Nini

Sally, I am very sorry for your loss. It's ok to think of all things you were going to do, how it's not fair there was not more time. Remember, you can share here anytime!

I did actually sew lately. I made an Audrey skirt with matching ruffly t-shirt top. Unfortunately, my little model has sunburn on her shoulders and will not wear it. Maybe in a few days!

Sally, I am so sorry. My mother went into the hospital in October and they said she had bronchitis and would be home by Tuesday. I told them she thought her heart should be monitored and they ran some tests and said it was "perfect". I didn't visit because my newborn had open heart surgery when she was a day old just three months earlier. Mom and I talked every day, at least once a day, and Geneva (baby) talked to her almost every day if she wasn't napping. They never met because we live about 12 hrs away. Mom died early Sunday morning from an enlarged heart. Yesterday was bittersweet for me. I'm thankful for my sweet new one but I miss one of my closest friends so very much. Special hugs to you and anyone else who has lost their mother.

Geesh. I could have sworn I was on here after 9:15 and I still missed the move! Oh well, page for a Saturday move isn't too bad!

I'll even post some stuff.
002-2.jpg
005.jpg

001-3.jpg
005-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Wow! Both are beautiful.

I know that you all are going to pass out of pure shock but I actually sewed today!!! Aisling's Sea World Simply Sweet (with the crazy fabric she picked out) is finished with 19 days to spare ;) :rotfl:

My toothless model!

014.jpg
I love those colors, she could pick fabric for me any day.

I finally have something I can share. I swear, I feel like I've been sewing constantly lately, but I have nothing to show for it. This took forever & I still have another one just like it to make, but it's going to have to wait a bit. That's too much applique to do again just yet.

30643_415894068244_606948244_5267806_3346602_n.jpg
Wow, that would take me a year and a day. I'm so impressed, it's gorgeous.

Wow you all move fast! I still have to catch up on the last thread, but just thought I would share something else I made. I made this Fancy Nancy dress for Taylor, she wore it to my brother and future sister in laws wedding shower today. She thought the fancy nancy dress was her flower girl dress lol, we are going to have to convince her she can't wear it to the wedding.

146.jpg

Here is the Fancy Nancy bow that is on her head

158.jpg

Here is me with Taylor, and she was too excited and gave me my mother's day present early.... it's on my arm.... the girl has good taste, she insisted Daddy take her to buy me a new coach purse and she picked it herself!

140.jpg

Now I need to go catch up, and then start working on the 24 applique t-shirts I need to make for Taylor's class to wear to Sesame Street Live
I'd never heard of Fancy Nancy until Disboutique. I love it.

OK, the pics aren't the best, but my family wasn't thrilled about multiple outfit changes just so mommy could get the pics. I've basically spent most of the last 4 months working on Disney stuff. Not sure why the thought of matching family outfits every day for 9 days seemed like such a good idea at the time, but once I started, I was commited:scared1:. I made 40 adult t shirts, and 2 outfits per day per kid (plus a couple). I still have 2 dresses, one surprise pirate outfit, 2 bowling shirts, one pair of applique shorts and 2 adult t-s to finish, but other than that, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel (here's hoping it's not a train)...

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the pics at once, so I'll go chronologically.

Day 1
Epcot; Nemo outfits GM is modelling the ladies t's; the guys are wearing mickey t's w/ the Nemo fabric.
037-1.jpg

I'm sending pics to a wonderful bling maker for matching jewels for DD each day (that will be her birthday present); but am going to have to think about perfect hair accessories soon. Anybody w/ great bow/shoe ideas, please lmk!
Thanks for lookin'!
I can't wait to see the rest of the outfits.

Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

IMG_1752.jpg

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . . :)
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg
I love them all, but I'm drooling over your Cinderella dress is beautiful. I'd love to CASE it for my dd:)

Kirsta is taking it really hard. She was so close to my Mother. Mom always said her Grandchildren were her greatest Joy. It would hit hard anyday, but I keep thinking of the things I said we were going to do. She really wanted to see the movie Tooth, but was too sick earlier to go. I told her it was out on DVD and I was going to get it for her for Mothers Day. Why does his bother me so much? I plan on going to buy it and bury it with her.

I started to do some craft shows in the fall, for extra income, and to do something with all the "stuff" I make on my new embroidery machine. But I'm not really feeling it now, she used to go with me to keep me company.

But my poor nephew. Mom's oldest grandchild. He's 21, and he and his girlfriend bought a house at Thanksgiving, got engaged at Xmas. They decided to get married now, since he's going to be deployed to Afghanistand for 6 months. They get married on Friday. Mom told the Doctors they had to hurry and fix her up, she had a wedding to go to.

While sitting with Mom in her last hours, I saw her twice reach out inthe air. I think she was reaching for the light, God's hand, or maybe she saw my Dad? I know we all go sometime. But I thought we had another 20years with her. My Gmother was 93 when she passed, and her mother was 105. But I know that Mom is now pain free.

Thank you for all the hugs. I'll need them in the next weeks. :grouphug:
I'm so sorry. My sister and I used to scrapbook together. She died almost 3 years ago and it's taken me this long to scrapbook again. It just hurt too much to do it without her. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I thought I would post this as many of you will relate. Gianna is 7 and where we live (LI) customs are rare at best, and as she has told me many times NOT cool for school. Hairbows have also been a no no for the past year:sad1:

Gianna suprised me with a writing piece she worked on in school and an even bigger surprise was that she had entered a mother's day contest in the local newspaper and part of her work was published in the paper (she did not win-oh well). Anyway....her is the surprising and heartwarming part...she wrote "My Mom is very talented. She makes some of my clothes. Once she made me an Alice in Wonderland outfit. My mother loves me at every moment." Lately it has felt like she was embarrased of the customs and sewing that I try to push her into wearing ;) so when I read this it really made my day. DH tells me see I told you she doesn't hate the stuff you make :scared1: Let's just say he really has a way with words :rotfl:

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
That is so sweet...way to go Mom on raising a teriffic daughter.

Aisling did a great job on her fabric choices!! I really like the bright and wild! Its fun!! Peach would have probably picked something very similar.

Thank you. And she clearly won the battle about having a sundress ( I wanted to do easy fit capris and a top for SW). These ladies know what they want!

Your toothless model has great taste in fabric!

Thank you! I think she's going to be really toothless by our trip. The top 2 are ready to go too! Get ready for some fab hockey player pics when we get back!

Gorgeous!!!! What a great idea about turning the TS dress into a top. I can't believe that you got your scraps to work!!! The Cindy dress is so beautiful.

Aisling has the all white petti and it does get worn A LOT. I would definitely recommend getting one. Not that the pink and white isn't really pretty...the white is just more versatile.

I love those colors, she could pick fabric for me any day.

Thank you!

I finished my Ariel gown! :D Well It's wearable..the bottom skirt is just a panel loosely sewn onto the skirt for the day :rolleyes1

The only picture I have of the whole dress is this one that I found on the ocweekly site.

socal-cosplay-gathering478239287.jpg

I also caved in and have a facebook now :laughing:
Search up Helen Ceron :3

So pretty!! Did you have a pattern? I love the sleeves!!!

Kirsta is taking it really hard. She was so close to my Mother. Mom always said her Grandchildren were her greatest Joy. It would hit hard anyday, but I keep thinking of the things I said we were going to do. She really wanted to see the movie Tooth, but was too sick earlier to go. I told her it was out on DVD and I was going to get it for her for Mothers Day. Why does his bother me so much? I plan on going to buy it and bury it with her.

I started to do some craft shows in the fall, for extra income, and to do something with all the "stuff" I make on my new embroidery machine. But I'm not really feeling it now, she used to go with me to keep me company.

But my poor nephew. Mom's oldest grandchild. He's 21, and he and his girlfriend bought a house at Thanksgiving, got engaged at Xmas. They decided to get married now, since he's going to be deployed to Afghanistand for 6 months. They get married on Friday. Mom told the Doctors they had to hurry and fix her up, she had a wedding to go to.

While sitting with Mom in her last hours, I saw her twice reach out inthe air. I think she was reaching for the light, God's hand, or maybe she saw my Dad? I know we all go sometime. But I thought we had another 20years with her. My Gmother was 93 when she passed, and her mother was 105. But I know that Mom is now pain free.

Thank you for all the hugs. I'll need them in the next weeks. :grouphug:

I am sorry for your loss. :hug:

Beautiful work as always Lori! I love all of the outfits! So glad you started sewing again after your "vacation" from it! Your work is just beautiful!

Love the Cinderella dress! The fabric you used is just gorgeous! Do you remember where it came from or who the designer was? I just loved it! Is it a cotton or a satin?

Lori- I have to second the "love the Cinderella dress". I came home with that same fabric last week. I saw it and had to have it for the "ultimate Cinderella dress." I can't wait to get started on it - but I have to wait until I finish all my obligational sewing. Stupid Annie costumes.

100_3457.jpg

I think you did a wonderful job. She is perfect. You can send me the next one you do.

Has anyone made the ruffle neck dress? I am looking for a pattern for it cause I think it is so cute. Does anyone know where I can find one or how to it? I could probably figure it out myself - but I don't want to think. Lazy,I know.

I really shouldn't say anything. But I have had the worst 2 days of my life. My mother passed away yesterday and we were extrememly close. :littleangel: She taught me how to sew when I was 8 years old. She became a Disney fan with me, and came to Disney me quite a few times. She always LOVED everyone of my Disney related (and everything actually) outfits and showed everyone that walked in the door. We would go fabric shopping together, and she'd give me her opinion on colors and trims. She also got me started on machine embroidery.
]
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:
Some of you may have seen this one on facebook, but I haven't posted it here yet, so. . . here's an Audrey Ruffle Skirt set.

IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg

]

The Audrey skirt is so cute! I'll definitely have to buy that pattern when I have some extra money. Also, your cindrella dress is gorgeous!

Question:

My DD has the white princess gown for WDW and it is really pretty but she won't wear it very often because it is itchy, especially the sleeves under her arms. It feels like fishing line is poking her. Any ideas on how I can help make this less itchy so she doesn't always have to wear a tshirt under it? :confused3 I don't think I can iron something on like interfacing because of the lightweight fabrics and metallic trims - i'm scared they will melt. Any help would be much appreciated.:thumbsup2

Question:

My DD has the white princess gown for WDW and it is really pretty but she won't wear it very often because it is itchy, especially the sleeves under her arms. It feels like fishing line is poking her. Any ideas on how I can help make this less itchy so she doesn't always have to wear a tshirt under it? :confused3 I don't think I can iron something on like interfacing because of the lightweight fabrics and metallic trims - i'm scared they will melt. Any help would be much appreciated.:thumbsup2

Sew wide enough ribbon around the inside of the sleeves to cover up the itchy parts ...that's what we do with dance costumes to help the itchy factor. ;)

Great stuff over the weekend.

Sally, so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine losing my mom yet.

Lori - awesome stuff, and that little girl of yours is just toooo cute.

100_3457.jpg

Super job, love the fabric.

Okay, when and where is the Audrey skirt pattern coming out? Have to have it!!! It takes me FOREVER to sew something though (you know...homeschooling, 6 children at home, farming, soaping, etc LOL) so I need to start on November/December outfits soon. I think it's going to be our family of 9 in one villa and my sisters with their husbands and children (9 total there) in the other villa. So, that is a LOT of sewing.

As I just said earlier, my mother passed away and us 4 daughters are really having a hard time with this. She was close to all of us. We always wanted to have a family vacation together but the closest we got was my wedding 15 yrs ago. However, one of my sisters didn't come. So, I am wanting to rent a villa for my sisters and that is the only way they can come and we were thinking of having a remembrance ceremony for my mom. One sister's husband has cancer and they are in their 20's and newly married. In the past 18 months, one sister went through a divorce and then had a bad car accident that made her get back surgery, baby sister got married and bought a house then I got pregnant and was put on bedrest for the 1st time, found out my new brother-in-law had cancer, my other sister and her husband both lost their job on the same day and they are living on 25% of previous funds and they lost their home, found out my baby needed open heart surgery and had seizures afterwards, Mom passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks after her 62nd birthday, BIL's cancer went to brain and we just found out last week that it has now spread to his legs and lymph nodes along his leg. We are desperately praying that our baby girl, Geneva, won't need another surgery because she has two valves that are smaller and just barely large enough to not need surgery. So, we are trying to plan our trip so knowing that there could be a medical emergency at any time. I'm mapping out hospitals along the way and in Orlando, should we have to fly back to Vanderbilt with heart problems or my brother-in-law should need help and praying her beats this cancer.

Sorry, back to my points. We don't have a lot of extra money and have saved for 3 yrs for this vacation. I would like to pay for the villa for my sisters and that is $600 plus 13% tax. So, we may need to cut something out. The children really want to go to Chef Mickey and Hoop-Dee-Doo but I think we need to cut one. We are getting our tickets with the Give a Day because we volunteered as a family. I did buy the VMCP tickets and that is all we are doing at Disney. If you had to cut one of the dinner shows, which one would it be? We are making many of our meals in the villas so I'm not sure how else we can cut costs. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!! You all are great! I'm so happy that I have most of the fabric I'll need for the customs. I had so many gift cards for a fabric store that I was able to buy tubs of them. I tried to sell some of the fabric but people didn't even want to pay $1/yard. I gave some away to a lady teaching free sewing lessons. The rest are things I'll use at some point and I'm so thankful to have them. I'll just need to get a few yards of things here and there.

Thanks! I wish I had used a darker purple thread on Lumpy, but once I put it away for a bit, it looked fine.

VHC? Sure! I only had a bout 2 yds of the little caterpillars & words so I ended up doing a LOT of applique.

7730_144872623244_606948244_3409443_26654_n.jpg

7730_144872628244_606948244_3409444_4816707_n.jpg

7730_144872648244_606948244_3409446_607783_n.jpg

Very nice bag!

Thanks! It took forever, but it was worth it. She's soooo excited about it.

Very cute dress & bow. Don't you just love it when they like things so much?

Holy cow! Adorable!

IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

And most of you have seen this top before (I made it a year and a half ago or so? for our trip that we had to cancel.) So she never got a chance to wear it and now it's too short for a dress, so I made capris to go with it. thank goodness for keeping scraps! I used the very last of that stripe fabric to finish these!

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

And now finally Ella's Cinderella dress. We went to the park yesterday to take nice photos, but my camera settings were all wonky and they didn't look too good, so we took some more pics today in the backyard. Used HeatherSue's fabulous carriage design on the bodice - I cannot even say how gorgeous this design is in person - it stitched out wonderfully - even with the silver metallic thread which can be a real pain to work with! Anyhoo, here's the dress with her petti underneath. I kind of wish I would have ordered an all white petti for wearing under clothes - this one is pink and white and while you can't see it in these pics, I'm afraid that it'll show during her BBB photos. Maybe I'll have to convince DH to let me buy her a white one. . .

I should add that this dress was inspired by both Teresa and Jeanne's Cinderella dresses . . . sort of a mishmash of the two. . . :)
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg

closeup of embroidery and fabric:

IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg

And finally - her very first petti!

IMG_1760.jpg

Love the Green dude top! I think I like it even better as a top than a dress! The Cinderella is amazing. Quite elegant! The Audrey skirt is delicious! So perfect for Disney!

~Camping Griswalds~

Hey girl... you and I have been on the same threads over on the DVC pages. So envious of your upcoming trip! I am doing my due-diligence and reading every BWV post before buying it resale.

~Camping Griswalds~

Hey girl... you and I have been on the same threads over on the DVC pages. So envious of your upcoming trip! I am doing my due-diligence and reading every BWV post before buying it resale.

Have you been getting the resales info? There are some really nice deals out there! I hope you get to purchase! I can't wait for my December trip! I am also meeting up with some girlfriends for a March weekend trip!

Have you been getting the resales info? There are some really nice deals out there! I hope you get to purchase! I can't wait for my December trip! I am also meeting up with some girlfriends for a March weekend trip!

Yes, I've been looking for awhile. We wanted to pay cash but now I'm getting cold feet as I'm worried the second I write that check we'll have something major go wrong around our house and I then I just spent our "cushion." We are only looking to buy about 170pts but its still a BIG chunk of change for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter