Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Hi Everyone,

Here are my latest Big GIve outfits. All of the Disneyish stuff was spoken for, so I made something for their Dolphin Excursion. For the girls I made towel pants ( it gets chilly on those boats sometimes) and tshirts and for the boy I made dolphin camo shorts and a tshirt. Thanks to Kathy for helping me out with the dolphins!!!!!!!:worship:

100_0779.jpg

100_0787.jpg

Lovin the towel pants!! I never though of doing something like that, cool idea!!

Thank you! Is it bad that I was considering doing the dress version as a separate pattern? :rolleyes1 Obviously someone with the skirt pattern could probably figure out how to add it to a bodice but I think some people are more comfortable with patterns that have it all shown for them so they don't have to try to 'frankenpattern' something themselves.

Um, no I think you should totally offer the pattern for people like me that would have NO CLUE how to make my own bodice. The uber-talented can figure it out for themselves and just buy the skirt pattern, it's nice to have the choice I think. If you're feeling guilty, maybe offer two bodice options?? But really, I think it would be great to have the dress pattern available.

I just got back from the sewing shop. They demonstrated the Brother Innov-is 4200D because they just sold the last 2800D. It was WAY cool! I couldn't believe it would actually thread itself! I didn't hear any noise. I was truly amazed. The price for the 2800D was $3,000. I knew they were expensive, but I was a little shocked. The 4200D is out of the picture because it is $1,500 more than the 2800D.

Is it worth it to spend this kind of money?

I would be using the machine for our business, our daughter's dance class outfits, Disney, basically personal use. I guess I could venture off and try to make some money at some point, but not sure if there is a market for this type of stuff.

Thoughts?

It is a lot of money, but its one purchase I've never regretted. I never thought I'd have a machine like the 4500D in my lifetime, but I truley love it:cloud9: And yes, there is money to be made if you'd like to sew a little on the side for people *cough*ETSY*cough* Mine was a Mother's Day, Birthday, Christmas gift and I helped pay for it a little too with Etsy profits. Our dealer did a 0% interest for a year, so we just made payments instead of buying it all out of pocket at once. Maybe try to deal with them and see if they'd meet you half way between the price of the 2800D and the 4200D since they no longer have the 2800D in stock. Lot's of times dealers don't like to re-order older models so this may be an option?

Hmmm, I think you meant 4500D though...I just looked it up on Brother's site to see if they really had it since that seemed strange they'd make a 4200 and a 4500.

2 things....
1) For any of you that have the Brother PE-750D....where is the stinkin' USB port located? I am thinking they made this machine with and without. I got the "without" unless it is really hidden.

2) And I saw this earlier on a website and had to share...
Instead of saying " our fabric stash" we should call it Our Fabricologist Resource Center

our FABRICOLOGIST RESOURCE CENTER :rotfl::rotfl: Does that mean I can build my own building to store my resource center? I about need it! I've been trying to "de-clutter" my CENTER so that it will actually fit in my room. Still have some work to do on that, though!

I am taking my DD's to Tea in Wonderland this June during our trip. I am trying to figure out what to make for them to wear. They are 8 and 11, so my options are limited....I think? Any suggestions? THANKS!

It does but it needs to be a newer one. I got mine in October and was fortuate that they had one in stock with a usb port so I didn't have to wait. Some were made without it. Mine is on the side and connects with a usb cable to the computer. The usb cable is a tannish color.

That's great! I bought mine a few years ago before it had the usb port.

Does anyone on her have a Husqvarna Viking Designer SE Limited Edition machine?

If so how do you like it or hate it?

Yes I know I don't need another emb machine. While in the sewing machine repair shop, this lady wants to sell hers as it needs some work but if I buy it and repair it, it would be about 1/5 of the cost of a new one.

Thanks.

I have a Viking Designer SE (not the LE)
I bought mine used, I have also used them at a Sewing Studio. I love the way they sew and i love the way they embroidery.
Prior to that I had a Kenmore, which is was great, but not an embroidery machine. I really like that this is a dual machine- I find it's great at both.

I also found www.patternreview.com very helpful when I was shopping for a machine, you can read loads of reviews on machines there, as well as patterns.

Cute- where'd you find the fabrics?:lovestruck them

The dragon Flannel I picked up for $1/meter at my local Fabricland on clearance. (I bought 15 meters). The Animal print I got from my mother's stash and she has no recollection of buying it. :confused3

I love the family dragon pants- too cute! The baby stuff is adorable, too! I love that animal fabric!

!

thanks

The easy fits look so comfy...very cute fabric. But I love the baby stuff...especially the shoes. How cute is that!

The shoes are my favourite too, and they were easy to make, I think this kind of set will be my new standard baby shower gift.

Hi Everyone,

Here are my latest Big GIve outfits. All of the Disneyish stuff was spoken for, so I made something for their Dolphin Excursion. For the girls I made towel pants ( it gets chilly on those boats sometimes) and tshirts and for the boy I made dolphin camo shorts and a tshirt. Thanks to Kathy for helping me out with the dolphins!!!!!!!:worship:

th_100_0779.jpg

th_100_0787.jpg

And I made this for Billy for our trip -he loves anything Patriotic!!
th_100_0788.jpg
Wendy I LOVE these- I especially love that dolphin design and ya know- I have a mickey head sweatshirt that is getting pretty old now, with that same mickey head- its one of my favorite designs!
those towel shorts are too cool!

Also- I thought this was cool, for those who visit me on Facebook you may have seen this.
Sew Beautiful Magazine has a new blog and featured a family heirloom

http://sewbeautifulmag.blogspot.com/2010/04/true-family-heirloom.html

Also- As we get closer to summer I am thinking I'd like to do something for Megan's teachers. She has 2 in her preschool class, but she also attends another program in the school called Little Blessings, and there are 2 teachers there as well.
Doesnt have to be the same- but I'd love suggestions on what I should get/do for them- either purchased or made.

Im open to anything but purses.

LISA: Congrats on the pattern!:cheer2: I'm so happy for you!

I've been really backed up on sewing lately, so haven't had much time to keep up on the thread. But fortunately I did eek out an Easter dress for Katie Friday night. Kit, her AG doll even got one to match. Although I didn't finish that one until this morning!

katieeaster10cujacket.jpg

katieeaster10fl.jpg

[/IMG]

Happy Easter everyone! :goodvibes
very unique! very nice piping on the collar too! love the print!

Like Cape Mayish? We spend almost all our weekends in Ocean City, NJ during the summer! We were there this weekend - you would have thought it was the 4th of July!! It was MOBBED!!!! But we enjoyed our Pizza and got our half price tickets!!:rotfl2:

Billy talked with Daniel's dad, but he didnt bring it up at all. I'll see if I get any info before we leave. Are you driving back down in November????? If I get my wish, I'd like to go in September for Night of Joy and then again after Thanksgiving to see the Christmas stuff - Im addicted to the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights!!!!!!:love:

A bit before Cape May - OMG you come down here - are you one of 'those' people who are on RT55/347 on the weekends? :rotfl2: You come right by my part of town.
Yep, I am going back in Aug and Nov - driving down both times. I can't wait! Funny, I don't go to the beaches here hardly at all but at WDW I am always in the water/wet... lol

The dragon Flannel I picked up for $1/meter at my local Fabricland on clearance. (I bought 15 meters). The Animal print I got from my mother's stash and she has no recollection of buying it. :confused3

I am like 90% sure my Fabricland carries the animal print. And because it is from Fabricland it is probably a ridiculous price like $10 or $15

Hi Guys,

Well, I tried to digitize those dolphins, but Kathy had to help me! I wanted something dolphinny and just couldnt find an applique I liked - I liked the double dolphin for the twins and then just used the 1 for the brother.

I learned about towel pants on the DIS like 2 years ago - wonder what thread we were on then!!!:rotfl:

We usually go down the shore by the AC Expressway, but my Mom definately uses 55 all the time!!! We come home from work, let some traffic pass and then head on down - we are literally right outside of the Philly airport, so this is the quickest for us. Im a water lover at home and in Florida and in Montana and everywhere I go!!!!!!:rotfl2:

I am taking my DD's to Tea in Wonderland this June during our trip. I am trying to figure out what to make for them to wear. They are 8 and 11, so my options are limited....I think? Any suggestions? THANKS!

My dd will be 8 is doing the Wonderland tea party in Sept and I am doing an appliqued Emma top with Alice and matching shorts. I found a light blue and ivory toile fabric with a coordinating brown/ivory and light blue print for the trim and shorts. You can also do applique tees/tanks with Alice, The mad hatter, white rabbit and twirl skirts or shorts to match. They would be cute in the new Alice fabric that is out.

For the wonderland Tea Party, I'm using the ALice feliz that I used for the movie premiere (figured for all that work I'd like her to wear it at least twice LOL.) In case you missed it last month, here's a repost:
009-7.jpg

back:
008-4.jpg

Thanks Heather...that was way too easy.

So here are the infamous Easter dresses. Thanks to JoEllen who sent me two yards of fabric so I could finish them.

24370_1437163892059_1321841635_1197741_7332143_n.jpg

24370_1437164292069_1321841635_1197751_8040530_n.jpg

And some big beautiful bows.
24370_1437164012062_1321841635_1197744_650233_n.jpg

And some shirts for the Easter egg hunt.
24370_1437163332045_1321841635_1197727_5183981_n.jpg

24370_1437163452048_1321841635_1197730_4067111_n.jpg

So here are the infamous Easter dresses. Thanks to JoEllen who sent me two yards of fabric so I could finish them.

th_24370_1437163892059_1321841635_1197741_7332143_n.jpg

th_24370_1437164292069_1321841635_1197751_8040530_n.jpg

th_24370_1437163332045_1321841635_1197727_5183981_n.jpg

th_24370_1437163452048_1321841635_1197730_4067111_n.jpg

These turned out beautifully! Well done; I love the pink accent fabric on the dresses

For those who do any heirloom style sewing, or if you are just a fan of blue water soluble markers.What brand do you like?

I know I dont want Dritz- but there are a few choices out there-

our FABRICOLOGIST RESOURCE CENTER :rotfl::rotfl: Does that mean I can build my own building to store my resource center? I about need it! I've been trying to "de-clutter" my CENTER so that it will actually fit in my room. Still have some work to do on that, though!

I am thinking I may need a building soon too. I sew in a 10 x 10 room that also has a bed, shelf, ironing board, etc in it. I have been begging DH to build me a sewing center (something with enclosed cabinets for the fabric).
But so far....no luck! My FABRICOLOGIST RESOURCE CENTER is overrunning the room.

24370_1437163892059_1321841635_1197741_7332143_n.jpg

24370_1437164292069_1321841635_1197751_8040530_n.jpg

And some big beautiful bows.
24370_1437164012062_1321841635_1197744_650233_n.jpg

24370_1437163332045_1321841635_1197727_5183981_n.jpg

24370_1437163452048_1321841635_1197730_4067111_n.jpg

Beautiful dresses. I am so glad you found the fabric. I looked here for you too but didn't ever see any. They turned out very cute. The Easter egg shirts are adorable too.:)

Hi!
Its been months since I have been on the boards - not counting the last two weeks lurking. And even longer since I have been able to sew.
Long story - short.... my sewing area went from the dining room table to the guest room. Which is amazing to have my own space to sew... and not have to put everything away for each meal :) This process just tooo way longer than we hoped. But it is done and I yesterday I cut our a round neck top and a round neck dress for our Aug WDW trip. Today I got a tote bag almost all cut out. Now to actually sew things together... for some reason this is intimidating me. Not sure why. Just like riding a bike right :)

I love all the great creations you guys are posting. And new patterns to... very cool! I hope to have pics to post soon. You guys are inspiring!

Okay, here is my take on the simply sweet princess sundresses. It's Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel (not THRILLED with that one, but it's hard to interpret a fish) and my little Tinkerbell. Try to check out her shoes. We got the most compliments on those!!!!!

th_AAAACLARA.jpg

th_102_5148.jpg

(I had to throw this one in...I love it. My older daughter has waited SO long for a baby!)
I love all of these!!! I think the Ariel is gorgeous! The last picture just melts my heart!!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words.

I finally added the bodice to the Zoe skirt I made for the illustrations. I really had wanted to get it done to include in the pattern but that didn't happen. However, I wanted to share it here for those who've wondered about how it would work. I made my own bodice pattern but I think this would work with just about any bodice that had a gathered skirt attached. I really like how this came out!

th_zoe_dress3.jpg

That looks great Lisa!
I had to come out of lurking to comment on this last photo. How cute are your two girls!? you can really tell how much they love eachother, gorgeous!

Love everything everyone has posted lately!
Hey Daniela!!! How are you?
Okay, I have been a lurker on this thread forever. I also have to admit that the last time I have used a sewing machine was junior high home ec. Lets just say that it was a bit of a disaster. (A drawstring bag that never closed right) I really wanted to love it but I found it frustrating and boring. Well fast forward about 15 plus years, I have a sewing machine still in the box collecting dust. Then one day I stumble upon this thread and voila I am interested again. I jumped right in and started with the Big Give and some crayon rolls. I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I have already bought several CarlaC patterns and they are on my to do list.

th_169.jpg

Sorry for the quality. I had to use my cellphone, my camera was lost in the move.
Tricia
I'm glad you found us and started sewing again!

Hi Everyone,

Here are my latest Big GIve outfits. All of the Disneyish stuff was spoken for, so I made something for their Dolphin Excursion. For the girls I made towel pants ( it gets chilly on those boats sometimes) and tshirts and for the boy I made dolphin camo shorts and a tshirt. Thanks to Kathy for helping me out with the dolphins!!!!!!!
th_100_0779.jpg
I love these! Good job on the digitizing!

My 2 votes puts our sewing idol to 800...

Have you voted!?!?!?!?
Thank you. :)

I am working on my first two simply sweets... wish me luck!
I love that pattern!

I'm reposting this in case my question was lost among all of the clothes. I posted this yesterday.

I just got back from the sewing shop. They demonstrated the Brother Innov-is 4200D because they just sold the last 2800D. It was WAY cool! I couldn't believe it would actually thread itself! I didn't hear any noise. I was truly amazed. The price for the 2800D was $3,000. I knew they were expensive, but I was a little shocked. The 4200D is out of the picture because it is $1,500 more than the 2800D.

Is it worth it to spend this kind of money?

I would be using the machine for our business, our daughter's dance class outfits, Disney, basically personal use. I guess I could venture off and try to make some money at some point, but not sure if there is a market for this type of stuff.

Thoughts?
I would say no, but that's just because I don't have that kind of money to spend. If I did, I would probably say yes!

It is a flannel with little dragons all over it. The Dad always had a thing for dragons, so his mom asked me to make this set for them.

I love the pants and all the cute baby stuff!! I need a baby shower I can go to so I can make some cute things like this!
2) And I saw this earlier on a website and had to share...
Instead of saying " our fabric stash" we should call it Our Fabricologist Resource Center
I love that!

I voted today.
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter