Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Here are my Stripwork dresses for Ali's Big Give (one for Ali, one for her sister). Now that they are finished I can move on to Lisa's Zoe skirt - I am making them for my girls for Easter. they asked for skirts instead of dresses this year. There have been some beautiful things posted lately - I have been to busy to do much more than lurk, but this thread is always so inspiring to me!!

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

These are so cute! I love the main fabric! Where did you get it?
I'm hoping to post some of my newest creations soon. I finished the girls' Easter dresses, but haven't had the opportunity to get a picture of them in the dresses. Only 3 weeks until we leave for Disney! Can't wait! I have finished all of our Disney dresses, but I need to finish our Strawberry Festival dresses for the weekend before we leave. My grandpa and his wife live in Pontchatoula, La, so we are headed over there in two weeks for a visit and to enjoy the strawberry festival! Ifa any of you lovely ladies ( or Tom) are going to be in the World between April 17th and the 23rd, I'd love to meet up with you!!!!

Wow everyone is so nice here.
Just wanted to give an update DD is still sick:sick:, but seems to be getting over it slowly. I'm just happy my DH is home to give me a break. I had been up 3 nights stright with my DD.
so i got sleep in until 3pm today. :banana:

Also why i have a few moments
Here are the rest of the pics of the mary dress

Mary's Hat.
May still have to rethink the tool under the chin.
sorry for the red-eye
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

Pic is not very good. the white spot on the bow is not really there.
But the lettering came out perfectly!!!

IMG_2143.jpg

Front of the dress again but I just love those toes!!

I'm having sewing block! I want to make something for Ella to wear to kindergarten screening, but I just can't come up with anything. And the non-disney fabric in my stash just isn't inspiring me at the moment. I was thinking of ruffle-hem easy fits, a peasant top and a simply sweet, but now just need to find some fabric. I plan to go out to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and peruse, hoping for inspiration. . .

Anyone have a super brilliant and adorably cute idea? Or photos to share to inspire me? Oh, yeah - kindergarten screening is Tuesday, so it has to be something I can whip up in a day or so. I know if anyone can inspire me, it's all of you!

I embroidered "Look Out Kindergarden, Here I come!!!" on a round neck shirt for Kayla with easy fit pants with embroidered scissors, glue and a pencil on the pants. It turned out really cute - and now I am know as "the mom who makes all those cute clothes".

14105_376530983015_581113015_3919309_2723464_n.jpg

While I am at it, here is a bus one:
14105_376531003015_581113015_3919312_5544008_n.jpg

Just wanted to give an update DD is still sick:sick:, but seems to be getting over it slowly. I'm just happy my DH is home to give me a break. I had been up 3 nights stright with my DD.

Mary's Hat.
sorry for the red-eye
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

I'm loving the big bow!! I bet she is too!

Make the tulle tighter under the chin. That should help. And maybe try folding it so it's not as loose.

You did great!

I'm loving the big bow!! I bet she is too!

Make the tulle tighter under the chin. That should help. And maybe try folding it so it's not as loose.

You did great!

Thanks for the advice!
She does love the bow! She asked if i could make Mary poppins " in the movie" one! :lmao:
I didn't even think she would notice that mary does not have a bow. things kids pick up i guess.

Thanks for the advice!
She does love the bow! She asked if i could make Mary poppins " in the movie" one! :lmao:
I didn't even think she would notice that mary does not have a bow. things kids pick up i guess.

My daughter and I have discussed at length the fact that Mary has pink flowers on her hat in the movie. I informed her that I know better and preferred my version with red! :lmao:

These are so cute! I love the main fabric! Where did you get it?

Thank you! It came from Hancock Fabric's - in the children's section. Everything but the pink came from there - I think the pink was purchased at Hobby Lobby, but I can't remember for sure - it was in my stash!

Here are my Stripwork dresses for Ali's Big Give (one for Ali, one for her sister). Now that they are finished I can move on to Lisa's Zoe skirt - I am making them for my girls for Easter. they asked for skirts instead of dresses this year. There have been some beautiful things posted lately - I have been to busy to do much more than lurk, but this thread is always so inspiring to me!!

th_IMG_3340.jpg
th_IMG_3342.jpg

Too cute! Love the animal print.

I embroidered "Look Out Kindergarden, Here I come!!!" on a round neck shirt for Kayla with easy fit pants with embroidered scissors, glue and a pencil on the pants. It turned out really cute - and now I am know as "the mom who makes all those cute clothes".

OMG...these are both just wayyyyyy cute!! I love them. I may have to CASE these for my DGD (starting Kindergarten in the fall) if I may???? Please?

I didn't make anything new this week (taking a break for a couple weeks until after Easter...) because I have too many things going on...
We did take the girls out to an Easter celebration today and my youngest
DD23 made these for my DGDs. She just got her first sewing machine for Christmas. The first thing she tried to make was pjs and they are pretty good but she had some problems understanding the instructions in the store-bought pattern. So I told her to try Carla C's patterns. These are only the second thing she has made and I think she did a great job. She also did their hair and hair bows. They got soooo many compliments. She was pretty proud.
SDC12938.jpg

SDC12973.jpg

and my oldest DD with her little one...(just to give you a better close up and because I adore this picture)...:love:
SDC12945.jpg

Hi Everyone!! Love the pictures posted!! Granna, your family is soo cute!! Love the Cathy dresses too!!! I just bought that pattern - do I really need the single fold bias tape? I dont have any around and want to sew tomorrow!!! Not sure I quite understand the whole part in the neckline - is the tape just to make a case for the elastic????

Teresa - the one you made for Liddy - how did you know where to put the tie - did you just tie it around her or stitch it?

Was supposed to sew all day today, but our cousin Sue had her gallbladder removed yesterday, and we had to kid sit after the grandparents had to go back home. So now Im pondering what to make them for easter!! ALso, as of now, Daniel and his family are supposed to come over at 5 tomorrow evening for pizza, disney trip planning and Big Give gifts!!!!!! I hope they actully can come!

:thumbsup2

Mary's Hat.
sorry for the red-eye
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

This is gorgeous! This is one outfit my Hannah has her heart sent on for Disney, but it's way out of my ability level. I'm in awe, you did fantastic!

Looks like you really earned your new nickname! What does the second outfit say?

SDC12938.jpg

SDC12973.jpg

and my oldest DD with her little one...(just to give you a better close up and because I adore this picture)...:love:
SDC12945.jpg

Wow, she did great, I love them!!! :)

Hi Everyone!! Love the pictures posted!! Granna, your family is soo cute!! Love the Cathy dresses too!!! I just bought that pattern - do I really need the single fold bias tape? I dont have any around and want to sew tomorrow!!! Not sure I quite understand the whole part in the neckline - is the tape just to make a case for the elastic????

Wendy - thank you!
And yes, the bias tape makes the casing. The pattern is very easy but follow the instructions step by step...its a little tricky the first time but nothing hard...I missed a step the first time and had to go back and correct (I missed it because I was thinking "oh I know how to do that..I can skip that step"...WRONG:confused:)

White Model1415. Anyone heard of it or used it? I have been looking around online and I have not found too much info.

I found the manual for it, and am looking at it. What part are you having trouble with? If anyone else wants to take a look, do a search for W1415 here:
http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html

OK...SERIOUSLY...Why can't I multi quote??? :mad:

Anyway, I wish I could have REALLY made it to pizza night! Dinner at our house was kind of a bomb and pizza sounds really yummy... :goodvibes Thanks again for the ego strokes....you just may inspire me to keep sewing for a while! :laughing:

We have pizza with my entire family every Friday night. Usually it's Little Ceasars. :)

You better keep sewing! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

th_IMG_3340.jpg

I love those! The fabric is so cute!

These are so cute! I would like to know what the bus one says too.l :)

Too cute! Love the animal print.

OMG...these are both just wayyyyyy cute!! I love them. I may have to CASE these for my DGD (starting Kindergarten in the fall) if I may???? Please?

I didn't make anything new this week (taking a break for a couple weeks until after Easter...) because I have too many things going on...
DD23 made these for my DGDs. She just got her first sewing machine for Christmas. The first thing she tried to make was pjs and they are pretty good but she had some problems understanding the instructions in the store-bought pattern. So I told her to try Carla C's patterns. These are only the second thing she has made and I think she did a great job. She also did their hair and hair bows. They got soooo many compliments. She was pretty proud.
th_SDC12938.jpg

th_SDC12973.jpg

th_SDC12945.jpg
Gorgeous!!! your daughter, your grandaughters and the dresses!

Teresa - the one you made for Liddy - how did you know where to put the tie - did you just tie it around her or stitch it?

Was supposed to sew all day today, but our cousin Sue had her gallbladder removed yesterday, and we had to kid sit after the grandparents had to go back home. So now Im pondering what to make them for easter!! ALso, as of now, Daniel and his family are supposed to come over at 5 tomorrow evening for pizza, disney trip planning and Big Give gifts!!!!!! I hope they actully can come!

It's not attached, I just tied it around her waist.

I hope Daniel and co. can make it tomorrow!!!

ETA: I'm sitting here on the couch all cozy with my quilt!

I wonder how many of the other Mom's are asking their friends this same question..... :rotfl:

Seriously though, with your talent, anything you make is going to be adorable!

You know, I highly doubt any of the other moms are worrying about this! :rotfl: In fact, Ella will probably be the only one (besides Caleb of course) in her whole school next year to ever wear anything hand-made. In all of my three buildings, I've never seen any student wear anything that was hand-made.

I think our (meaning all of us who sew for our kids) kids are lucky kids!

Oh, and you're making me blush with that compliment - you're too kind! :flower3:

th_IMG_3340.jpg

th_IMG_3342.jpg

Those turned out cute - I love the fabrics!

Those are super cute! I need to try the Cathy pattern!

Mary's Hat.
sorry for the red-eye
th_IMG_2140.jpg

th_IMG_2145.jpg

th_IMG_2143.jpg

Sorry your DD's been sick - hope she's better soon! And glad you got some rest!

Love the Mary Poppins! She looks just gorgeous - my favorite part is the "mary poppins" on the bow! That turned out great!

Adorable! I'm also curious what the Bus one says! :rotfl: I saw some ABC fabric at Hobby Lobby today that I thought about, but then decided on a spring-ish floral. Not very kindergarten-y, but I think I'll make it a combo kindy screening/Easter ensemble and I'll have all summer to make a first day of kindergarten one! Really all Ella wants is a new dress - she won't care what fabric it is! I think she just wants to actually wear something I've made - all she's gotten to do lately is try on things I've made for Disney, then they come right off and get hung back up! Poor kid - I guess I'm torturing her!

th_SDC12938.jpg

th_SDC12973.jpg

th_SDC12945.jpg

Those look great! I love how they coordinate! And that last picture is adorable!

I haven't tried the red/black/white/yellow combo yet but I made these for big gives a few weeks ago with the "cathy" pattern
SDC12701.jpg

SDC12692.jpg

Haha!! Too cute!

Thanks! I love it! One question about the pattern. Did you buy you bias tape or just make it with the fabric used?

I love them both but I really love the first. I still have not tried the rounded neck. I am a little scared of cutting it out!

Finished my outfits for the big give:
th_biggive003.jpg
th_biggive006.jpg
th_biggive010.jpg
th_biggive008.jpg

My dds decided the outfits needed matching bags so we came up with these:
th_biggive011.jpg

I really hope they will like them. I made the skirts to coordinate without being exact matches by switching out a few prints.

I have been trying to keep busy with dh away all month. Only a little more than a week though till I get to go meet him in FL for a week:lovestruc
The clothing is just beautiful and I love the bags, you are so kind to do the big give and the family will be thrilled.

Ok- I need help. In a fit of good intentions, I brought my sewing machine home from my mother's house (its been in the basement since I first bought it). I tried and tried, but I can't thread the needle and bobbin for my life. :sad1: I have never been able to figure this out - that's why it ended up in the basement in the first place. :confused3 I was told to try here- if anyone can help me- it's you guys! You make the coolest stuff ever!!

I really, really want to try to make my DS1 a bowling shirt in that really cute cars fabric- but I can't. I won't even buy a pattern until I get the basics. What should I do?

Anyone know where to start for a real beginner? I have a small, White brand sewing machine- I even broke the needle yesterday trying this..... sigh. If I ever figure it out- I can do more cool stuff with the Big Give and I really want to!

Help please! Where do I start? Any help would be lovely and I thank you in advance. I want that shirt so bad for him, one of his only words is "car" and I can't find any in stores.
I would keep trying and if it doesn't work just go get a Brother that is newer. You will love to sew and the bowling shirt is a great first project. I have some material from Joann's with Lightening from Cars on it. Just for a bowling shirt that I never made.

Wendy, I hope Daniel and the family like everything we all did and enjoy the planning to Disney! I hope we can meet up.

Thanks! I love it! One question about the pattern. Did you buy you bias tape or just make it with the fabric used?

I love them both but I really love the first. I still have not tried the rounded neck. I am a little scared of cutting it out!

Thank you....On the Princess one, I made the bias tape and on the other one I bought it. I think the store-bought is easier but I couldn't find a color that coordinated on the Princess top and I wasn't sure if it was going to show.

Wendy - I also forgot to say that in addition to the casing, the bias tape also goes around the armhole.

I found the manual for it, and am looking at it. What part are you having trouble with? If anyone else wants to take a look, do a search for W1415 here:
http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html

Ok- I have all my problems on page 17! You think I could be doing something wrong on any of the other pages to make this page not work? Like threading the needle wrong or the bobbin itself?

How is the thread supposed to be hanging out of the bobbin initially, so that the needle can draw it up anyway? Where it says on #2, to "Lighly draw up the needle thread, forming a loop"- the thread never comes up! And I mean never...... Is the thread supposed to be hanging out of the bobbin for it to grab or does it stay inside? Its confusing cause the bobbin goes in sideways, is this the same with every machine?

Thanks for any help!! I will try to post pics of what I mean later- DS is crying right now, so I gotta go for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter