Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Please Help Me!

I am right towards the end of embroidering a design for my dd to wear tomorrow on a t-shirt and my machine was accidentally unplugged! I have the Brother PE 770. what do I do? Is there any way to pick back up where I was or to at least jump back to the step I was in? I don't have another shirt to start over. I am really hoping someone here can help me! Ugh! I feel like I am going to cry!

This has happened to me before; so don't panic. Don't move your hoop; leave everything as it is. Reconnect and transfer the design again, then when you get to where it's ready to start stitching; touch adjust; touch the thread prompt; and hit the spool picture until you get to the thread color you were on, then the needle picture until you advance through that color to just before where you were.

I'm sure there might be an easier way to do/explain it, but didn't want to leave you with nothing. HTH.

I am hoping you can help me. Sometime in the next few months I will be purchasing an embroidery machine. I have convinced DH (not too hard he is a contractor who owns several Hammers, saws, etc.. He understands needing lots of different kinds of tools for the job:love:) now just have to save up the cash. I am hoping to do the research now so when I am ready I can look for a sale and go. I would love to find a machine and software for under $1000 but am unsure if that is realistic. I will not shop at Walmart so if there is a Walmart exclusive it is not for me. Anyway I am hoping you all will have some advice about where to start looking, or just about your machines, how much were they, do you love them etc. Thanks!:hug:

Hi Everyone!

I'm new and have been trying to read through part 19 and am so amazed by what everyone has made!

A little about me...
I am a stay at home to three girls, ages 8, 6, and 19 months. My older two are competitive dancers and their Dance Studio was accepted to dance at Disney in June! My sister and I will be taking the two of them while my husband stays home with our youngest.

I've been sewing since I can remember (grew up sewing in 4-H) and made a ton of things for the girls when we went to Disney in 2007. However, nothing as cool as the things here...I have so many new things to try!

I actually ended up making the costumes for my 6 year old's dance team this year....making 8 of the same thing kind of burnt me out, but I'm ready to get going again!

Anyways, I'm excited to be here and when I have enough posts, I'll share some pictures of the dance costumes!

Sara
Sounds like you have been busy with the dance costumes, can't wait to see them.

Hi everyone..
Wanted to post my most recent sewing project. I mostly lurk and love all of the creative ideas you guys have. I am still very beginner and so I sew really slowly. Sorry it's not Disney... I have to be patient and wait till a little closer to our trip to do those outfits.

An Easter dress - Carla C's Precious Dress - and I just sewed the extra flowers on.

100_4367.jpg

That is so sweet.

Dreamscometrue.jpg

We went to the Disney Dreams Come True exhibit at the New Orleans Museum of Art last week. It was so awesome!! I wish we would have been allowed to take pictures inside. I guess Disney has control issues.. just like Bernina! :lmao:
I just wanted a picture of Hannah next to the big storybook display they had. Oh well.. I hope she is old enough that she will remember it. They had original drawings and sketches from all the princess movies... so many neat things. It took us about an hour to pass through, so that gives you an idea of how big it was. At the very end there were drawings from Rapunzel!! :lovestruc
The Little Mermaid room was my favorite. I wish I could have had pictures to show you all. I think there is a book they are selling if anyone is really interested. I heard that New Orleans got this exhibit because of Princess and the Frog and also heard that it isn't going to be on display anywhere else. Is that really true?? Such a shame for no one else to get to see all of that stuff.
Got our copy of Princess and the frog already too! Yippee!
thanks for sharing, it sounds like you two had a nice time.

Quick update about my post in the last thread (about me losing my CarlaC bundle pack when my laptop crashed)...YCMT just re-emailed it to me!! :cool1: Just in time, because I was planning on making a peasant shirt for my DD this week to go under her birthday outfit.

And I'm so excited because we're going back to Disney World next week! My DH has a conference to go to so the kids and I are tagging along. We did the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day so we are going to go to Magic Kingdom one of the days we're there. And, we have a few character meals planned where we're going to celebrate my DD's 4th birthday! Since we were just there in December and all of her outfits still fit, I only made one outfit for my DD, that she'll wear to breakfast at the Poly with Lilo and Stitch.

dress.jpg

And I made DD an outfit to wear for her birthday:
outfit.jpg
I love the birthday outfit. Have fun on your trip.

It really has been forever since I have contributed to this thread, and now I have returned with a question.

Can you all help me with a design for my 7 yo son? He is in love :lovestruc with herbie the love bug. We have all 3 movies and he watches them any time he gets a chance. Now, I want to surprise him with an outfit for our May/June trip. Any ideas?

TIA you all!

Bowling shirt with Herbie on it? I'm seeing Herbie on green with yellow accents.

I sent a link to a site with both. They're higher priced than I like to pay but the Hula print is getting much harder to find. One source I shared with someone else just yesterday is already sold out. I'm just glad I have a couple yards of it still but it gets harder to cut into it the harder it is to get more. :confused3

I was at a quilt meeting last week and the speaker there had designed a line of quilting fabrics. She said that a typical run is only 3000 yards of any given print.

Deb

Were your ears burning? ;)
I am really excited about this pattern Lisa!!! I can't wait to try it! And, Arminda was looking over my shoulder and she said she would like a skirt like that too, because "It's REALLY cute!" So, there you go, an almost 12 year old likes it too! Did you decide to do a 10/12? She will be very happy if you do!

No burning ears... just not used to thinking people remember me when I'm not around. :eek: I'm such a wallflower and usually a silent observer rather than a participant. Online is easier but I'm still fairly reserved. (Don't laugh. :rolleyes1)

And to answer your question I am planning to go to size 10/12 (18" length). I think the 7/8 came out really cute so I feel comfortable that a size up will work as well. Even if the back is simplified with only 3 ruffles, I think the skirt will still be girly and fun without being too little girlish. (I hope.)

Kids are funny! I remember I went through a period when I signed my name with an h! I think I was in 6th grade.

Kids can be very funny about names. One of my nephews is named Daniel and there were 2 other boys in his kindergarten class with the same name. We always called him Daniel but the teacher thought it would be less confusing to have one Dan, one Daniel and one Danny. I'm not sure how it was decided but the latter was to be my nephew's name at school. He told his mom about it because he wasn't sure he liked it so she asked what name he wanted to use. He responded that he liked the name 'Johnny'. :laughing: To him, Johnny made just as much sense as 'Danny' since neither was his name. :rotfl: I think the teacher decided using first name and last initial was simpler.

I was at a quilt meeting last week and the speaker there had designed a line of quilting fabrics. She said that a typical run is only 3000 yards of any given print.

Deb

I've heard that especially about some fabric makers, like Moda. I can understand why since they want to be able to keep producing new lines but it's a shame so many great prints aren't available. Often it seems like I find out about them too late to actually buy any. Michael Miller seems to be more inclined to keep producing the same prints or at least new variations of past prints. I really wish they'd do some new bright colors for their ironworks print. I still have several in my stash but I hate using them since I know once I've used up what I have I won't be able to get more.

Just wanting to remind everyone to vote!!!! Teresa needs our votes! I keep thinking if we were able to send MyaRose to WDW surely we can win this for Teresa, right????? Come on! It takes less than five minutes to register the first time. Then they send you a link to finish your registration and after that it takes about 30 seconds everyday to vote! There are some ladies who each have around 4000 votes and Teresa has 223 votes. We need you to vote!

Here is the link:

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details...2&i=1&r=157178

Teresa is on the second page, she was nominated by Shannon - Revrob!

Now please vote!

I made my first CarlaC bowling shirt. I was pretty nervous about the collar and getting the front buttons all lined up but you guys made it sound so easy. It wasn't too bad. I wanted to make a test shirt before I made a shirt to coordinate with a dress I am making for my daughter - I didn't want to run out of fabric if I made a mistake. The stiching on the back is a little wonky but my son doesn't mind. His favorite color is orange and he gave me a big hug when I showed him the finished product so I can't complain.

I have a few questions for you experts: do you ever make this pattern with out the interfacing in the collar or underneath the buttons? It seems a little stiff but I am afraid of making any changes. I know some folks don't make this shirt with the lining and I am thinking about trying that on the next one in hopes of the shirt being a little cooler in the summer.

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

Very nice.

Just wanting to remind everyone to vote!!!! Teresa needs our votes! I keep thinking if we were able to send MyaRose to WDW surely we can win this for Teresa, right????? Come on! It takes less than five minutes to register the first time. Then they send you a link to finish your registration and after that it takes about 30 seconds everyday to vote! There are some ladies who each have around 4000 votes and Teresa has 223 votes. We need you to vote!

Here is the link:

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details...2&i=1&r=157178

Teresa is on the second page, she was nominated by Shannon - Revrob!

Now please vote!

I just tried the link and it did not work. Is it just me??

What an adorable Jessie set! I just finished a Jessie dress! Love the applique!

The Bubble rompers are so cute too. I just love seeing chubby baby legs in those types of rompers!

Everyone here is so creative! Keep on creating and sewing!:cheer2:

Thank you so much! I just adore all your creations, so this is a big compliment to me!

I just finished up another outfit today. I've been staying at home with my little one this week. I'm technically supposed to be working on my dissertation, but it's way more fun to sew!!

This is using WONDERFUL alexander henry fabric and the faith double layer top. This is a cute, and very simple pattern!
DSC_0822.jpg
DSC_0823.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Jessica

Thank you so much! I just adore all your creations, so this is a big compliment to me!

I just finished up another outfit today. I've been staying at home with my little one this week. I'm technically supposed to be working on my dissertation, but it's way more fun to sew!!

This is using WONDERFUL alexander henry fabric and the faith double layer top. This is a cute, and very simple pattern!
DSC_0822.jpg
th_DSC_0823.jpg

Jessica

Sooooo cute!!! :love: that AH fabric! Is that one the new prints or an old one?

We've been using old washcloths to help her go...LOL, the things you do for your pets.
She is holding her own. I'm still encouraging the Mum to feed her and bottle feeding her inbetween. But so far, she's still alive....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck with eveything for the kitten, Lisa! I have been keeping the kitten and mommy and you too in my prayers! Love you lots, my friend.

Sooooo cute!!! :love: that AH fabric! Is that one the new prints or an old one?

Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure it's new. I think late 2009. It's a series with different colors. The people is called You and Me and comes in blue and off white, and the words (which all say hello in different languages) is called Hello and comes in blue, black, red, and green. There is also a print with the world on it (don't know the name) .

DSC_0822.jpg
DSC_0823.jpg

Jessica

So cute! I LOVE that fabric you've used together. I think it's like Alexander Henry's line like the Smiles Around the World fabric they had awhile back! It would be great for It's a Small World themed set!

Quick update about my post in the last thread (about me losing my CarlaC bundle pack when my laptop crashed)...YCMT just re-emailed it to me!! :cool1: Just in time, because I was planning on making a peasant shirt for my DD this week to go under her birthday outfit.

And I'm so excited because we're going back to Disney World next week! My DH has a conference to go to so the kids and I are tagging along. We did the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day so we are going to go to Magic Kingdom one of the days we're there. And, we have a few character meals planned where we're going to celebrate my DD's 4th birthday! Since we were just there in December and all of her outfits still fit, I only made one outfit for my DD, that she'll wear to breakfast at the Poly with Lilo and Stitch.

dress.jpg

outfit.jpg

That red Kaufman just screams "LILO!!!!" I love that dress!
Your flower one is so cute too!

Ugh! I just caught up on the "new" thread and read that stitchontime is empty! Even Heather and the other etsy shops have taken down most of the Disney applique patterns. I am soooo sad. I just got a new embroidery machine for my bday a few weeks ago and hadn't gotten around to collecting any Disney patterns yet. Are there any other sites still selling patterns? I REALLY wanted to make 'mad hatter mickey head' tshirts for our Easter Disney trip. Bummer!

I PMed you.
Whew! Never mind! I figured it out!:banana::banana::banana:

YAY!

No burning ears... just not used to thinking people remember me when I'm not around. :eek: I'm such a wallflower and usually a silent observer rather than a participant. Online is easier but I'm still fairly reserved. (Don't laugh. :rolleyes1)

And to answer your question I am planning to go to size 10/12 (18" length). I think the 7/8 came out really cute so I feel comfortable that a size up will work as well. Even if the back is simplified with only 3 ruffles, I think the skirt will still be girly and fun without being too little girlish. (I hope.)

Kids can be very funny about names. One of my nephews is named Daniel and there were 2 other boys in his kindergarten class with the same name. We always called him Daniel but the teacher thought it would be less confusing to have one Dan, one Daniel and one Danny. I'm not sure how it was decided but the latter was to be my nephew's name at school. He told his mom about it because he wasn't sure he liked it so she asked what name he wanted to use. He responded that he liked the name 'Johnny'. :laughing: To him, Johnny made just as much sense as 'Danny' since neither was his name. :rotfl: I think the teacher decided using first name and last initial was simpler.

Aww, we always remember you around here! :lovestruc

I'm glad you are doing the 10/12!!! Arminda said she liked the one where the ruffles started lower in the back.

Johnny!!! :rotfl: too funny! He's right, that makes as much sense!
My Dad's real name is Johnny. :thumbsup2 Good choice!

I just tried the link and it did not work. Is it just me??
Try this: http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=A&c=12907&s=3102222&i=1&r=198973

th_DSC_0822.jpg
th_DSC_0823.jpg

Jessica
That is wonderfully cute!!!

Hi everyone..

100_4367.jpg

So Pretty!

Dreamscometrue.jpg
in/QUOTE]

/wave! Hi you too! That looks like so much fun! /jealous!

I second third and fourth this...we just got another petti from Teresa this week ;)

Can I scream x100 in agreement? By the time you get all the materials it's almost as much as buying one....and they are hours and hours of work. We just our 3rd from Teresa, I can't see us doing it any other way!

dress.jpg

outfit.jpg

Absolutely adorable! We loved our time with Lilo and Stitch, hope you have a good time too! :)

Thanks Nanci! We pay for our costumes in November, don't get them until April, and NEVER see the measurements they took :sad2: .
They do the same thing at my daughter's dance studio. I have NO idea why! The same studio also heads the team where my daughter is on the competition team, and they did measurements and payment the same as the classes- and I found out last night they haven't even ordered them yet!!! Why take measurements so far in advance of ordering, when they grow SO much? :sad2:

Jessica this turned out fab! It's perfect for Epcot, (or any day!)

I voted for Teresa today, did everyone else?:banana::banana::banana:

So cute! I LOVE that fabric you've used together. I think it's like Alexander Henry's line like the Smiles Around the World fabric they had awhile back! It would be great for It's a Small World themed set!

That is wonderfully cute!!!

Jessica this turned out fab! It's perfect for Epcot, (or any day!)

Thank you! It is a lot like the older A.Henry fabric. I have that too and used it for my daughter at EPOCT in December. Luckily my daughter is small enough that I can stretch a yard a fabric, so I have enough of it left to make something else.

This is intended for EPCOT too!

DIS is finally working for me (at least I think so!) This is two times in the last couple of days that it's let me log on and stay on! There is absolutely no way that I can comment on everything - so I'll just do a blanket "I LOVED IT ALL!" Such cuteness posted! This weekend I should hopefully have something to share. Have one for Ella that I need to take pictures of, and I'm finishing up another for Caleb.

I'm going to go ahead an trillionth the motion that I will NEVER make a pettiskirt! I have one on order from our fabulous friend and even though I haven't seen it in person yet - I know my limitations! :rotfl: I love to sew, but all that ruffling on that type of fabric? Ummmm, no, thank you. Besides, as has been mentioned - by the time you buy materials, you're only saving 10 dollars or so? And the ruffling alone would take how many hours? Yeah, my time (and my SANITY) is worth WAY more than ten bucks!

I'm hoping that this will make Teresa keep ordering pettis periodically - cause I know as soon as I get my hot little hands on that petti and try it on Ella, I am going to have a NEED for more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter