Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Love it!!! Are her pants minky?? I'd think she'd be hot.. I love minky though!!:lovestruc

Yes, the pants are minky...she loooooves soft stuff! Don't forget up here in Michigan it gets VERY cold. What she likes about this outfit (she has another the same style) is that when it's hot she'll just wear the A Line alone as a dress.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Been killing me not to be crafty but I guess that is my sacrifice for the move, right? :(

Surgery update!!

DGD3's surgery went very well. It took 2 1/2hrs and she has 60-70 stitches in the roof of her mouth. Dr had hoped to lengthen her palate by 1cm, but he was able to get 2cm. He was very pleased. She has a long road of speech therapy ahead to retrain the muscles in her palate.

She has to have liquid/puree diet for 10 days. He wants nothing past her lips. After 10 days then she will have a soft diet for the remainder of the 3 weeks. He wants her to use a baby spoon (soft spoon) and he wants it to go no further than her teeth, so we will probably have to feed her. Right now we are lucky if we get a sip of liquid and hour down her.

Had her in my prayers all day (the rest of you too) and was even checking FB on my cell phone while we were at dance! Happy to see "good" news, hope the pain goes away soon.

LISA: love the new skirt! I still need to get you pics of the last one I did for Hannah, gah! Let me know if you need a model/pics of this set. I wouldn't be able to sew it but I could look the pattern over for you if you'd like.

Emcreative - I love the picture of Hannah and the outfit is sooo cute. Great picture!!

Surgery update!!

DGD3's surgery went very well. It took 2 1/2hrs and she has 60-70 stitches in the roof of her mouth. Dr had hoped to lengthen her palate by 1cm, but he was able to get 2cm. He was very pleased. She has a long road of speech therapy ahead to retrain the muscles in her palate.

She has to have liquid/puree diet for 10 days. He wants nothing past her lips. After 10 days then she will have a soft diet for the remainder of the 3 weeks. He wants her to use a baby spoon (soft spoon) and he wants it to go no further than her teeth, so we will probably have to feed her. Right now we are lucky if we get a sip of liquid and hour down her.

I am so happy all went well. Poor baby though. If only they understood why at that age. I will keep her in my prayers.

Wow - made it to the new thread before page 10! May be a new record for me :lmao:

Thanks for all the compliments on DD and her Rodeo outfit.

And I lost my pictures from the previous thread, but I love the Blinged Rodeo outfits and the pink boa on the hat! So cute!!

Thanks for the welcomes! :)

I am hoping that I can keep up with ya'll.

This may end up being a full time job!!!!!

I have one question...hopefully I don't get mocked too bad.... lol

where can I find a somewhat easy pattern for a petti?
I'm not going to mock you, I promise - speaking of which, why do newbies think we're mean? we're very nice, actually.- but anyway, carla c did a pattern for youcanmakethis.com that's as good as it gets; but- and it's a big but (pardon the pun). The only unfinished project I have is a petti. it haunts my dreams at night. I had to hide it because I couldn't stand to look at it any more. So my advice is to not attempt one. And trust me, that's hard for me to say; because I would rather make almost anything than buy it. There are a couple of ladies who have conquered the petti and lived to tell the tale, but I'm certainly not the only one who would recommend buying one. and if you want a lead on possibly procuring one, you could maybe pm me and I might be able to point you in a good direction of someone starting w/ the letter T who is on this thread a lot and makes gorgeous stuff.
:thumbsup2 and you are too sweet!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:Thank you XXXXXX
You are very welcome!

I can see the pictures in the thread, but not when I go to quote in the message box. Does that make sense? Can you see pictures instead of the picture address when you quote? It was so nice. There is an option in the User CP to turn on advanced editing.. that is how I got it to work the first time. Sometimes I go days without commenting, but keep storing up my quotes.
I never had that option, but it sounds nice!

Heather Sue, how to I look you up on FB? if you don't mind, i want to add you to my friend list, in case I NEEEED your designs, I dont want to lose you too!:worship:

Look for Frou Frou by Heathersue

Okay so this is my first time posting something here (other than questions). I'm by far NOT a sewer right now (trying to talk Hubby into getting me a sewing machine for christmas). So, i used a bonding "tape" to put the mickey head on the shirts. Then for the edging I used fabric paint. So, how did I do for a newbie...LOL (last trip i did all iron ons and they all ruined b4 we left).
th_IMG_0178.jpg

It looks nice! Keep it up!

I've been trying to catch up on the new thread, but I keep getting an error message saying "503 service unavailable" when I try to load pages on certain threads. It happens off and on. Anyone else have this problem? It's happened on other threads too.....

1) I've never seen anyone be anything but kind and supportive here!

2) I'm with you on the petticoat thing. I sew all day every day, gowns, cloaks, my own wedding gown, made myself lined silk suits in my professional days working outside the home pre-kids...... but I buy petticoats when I need them!
Have you posted a picture of your wedding dress? I would love to see it.

I haven't posted in a long time (and I never posted much) but I wanted to let My*Sweet*Sunshine to know that I used the directions from her blog to make a twirl skirt for my daughter's friends birthday present.

They are going to Disney next week. After I saw the picture I realized I should have lowered the embroidery on the tshirt, but she loved it anyway.

erikasbirthdaypresent.jpg

I don't know how to make the picture any bigger.

I'm also kicking myself, because I made a precious dress in size 1/2 for a baby shower gift and didn't take a picture. I also made the ruffled diaper cover to match. I guess I'll ask the mom to be to take a picture for me.

The skirt looks wonderful!!!

Help please!
Taking DD and DS to the rodeo tomorrow, and whippd up a couple of woody/jessie themed outfits (thanks for the inspiration!) I figured the kids would get at least 3 wears out of them this way; rodeo, DHS on our Disney trip, and the toy story 3 movie. Only thing is, onDSs shorts I'd like to applique more characters after the rodeo; so I'll have to open up the "crotch" seams. I always serge my seams, but don't want to on this because it will make it much tougher to rip open again; but will the shorts hold up for the day w/o an edge finish? They're denim w/lycra for stretch.

Thanks!

They will be fine. (before I got a serger, I edge finished NOTHING! shhh....don't tell......)

Surgery update!!

I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well!

Hey Stranger!!!! How are you? How is your little princess:?

I have been lurking here lately. I haven't sewn in a while I am about to start again. Grace is keeping me on my toes. She is talking soooooooooo much lately and she is cracking me up. Are you on Facebook. If so send me a friend request. Laura Thibodeaux.

One more variation - an apron front. Here are the 3 variations all together (the smallest one I decided to do with fewer ruffles).

ruffle_trio1.jpg

ruffle_trio2.jpg

One more variation - an apron front. Here are the 3 variations all together (the smallest one I decided to do with fewer ruffles).

ruffle_trio1.jpg

ruffle_trio2.jpg

You need models and photos, right? Right right? I'll even put hats and bows on the boys! ;) :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

ruffle_trio1.jpg

ruffle_trio2.jpg

Lisa, these are just tooooo tooooo cute!!! I seriously can not wait to try this pattern!

where can I find a somewhat easy pattern for a petti?
I bought Kari Mecca's petti pattern. Haven't made it yet, but her patterns have great directions. You can get precut strips from afcexpress.com
That is part of the reason I haven't made mine. bought my chiffon before the strips were out!! It is a pain to cut. You can get free directions from marthastewart.com
Darn it! I got left behind again! We got back from Disneyland late last night. We had a great trip but I am miserably sick right now! I'll post pictures when the meds are cooperating. :sick:
Oh no.. :( Hope you weren't sick during your trip.

Place your ruffle before you sew the back bodice to your middle panel. I start with the bottom ruffle just like I would if I was attatching a ruffle to the bottom panel (sandwiched between the middle and bottom panel, KWIM?) So I'd now have the middle and bottom panel stitched together with a ruffle at the bottom of the middle, and at the top of the bottom panels. Work your way up, and follow the curve that the Vida naturally has. My top ruffle is attatched just like the bottome ruffle is, sandwiched between the bodice and top of the middle panel. The just attatch your side panels like normal. That's how I do it anyway ;)

th_IMG_6901.jpg
Thanks for the tutorial. I wouldn't have though about attaching the ruffle in between the bottom middle and middle like you described. I think I am understanding that correctly.
to make the Mia Top pattern I bought
th_The-MIA-Top-NO-14-1.jpg
If you like the Emma Top you should check out Callie by Children's Corner. It has a similar look and is REALLY easy to put together... takes very little fabric too. Make sure you practice your shirring on some cheap fabric. I have that pattern but haven't used it because of the shirring.

Oh and I'm sure I'm driving everyone nuts with my multiple postings... I'll get the hang of that all in one posting at some point ;)
Just click on the + button next to the quote button on each of the posts you want to quote. It will turn the button red. Then when you are ready to comment on everything click "post reply" at the bottom left of the page... or just click quote on the last thing you want to quote.

Surgery update!!

Glad to hear it went well. That is great that they were able to lengthen it more than expected. What a praise. Poor baby though. I hope she heals more quickly than I do!

Yes, the pants are minky...she loooooves soft stuff! Don't forget up here in Michigan it gets VERY cold. What she likes about this outfit (she has another the same style) is that when it's hot she'll just wear the A Line alone as a dress.
Ah ya.. I forget that. Minky makes Hannah's skin break out. :/
I use it when I make baby gifts though.

I have been lurking here lately. I haven't sewn in a while I am about to start again. Grace is keeping me on my toes. She is talking soooooooooo much lately and she is cracking me up. Are you on Facebook. If so send me a friend request. Laura Thibodeaux.
I sent you a friend request.. I'm Kira. :) Lots of you.. not that many of me, but I figured it out through the mutual friend thing.

th_ruffle_trio1.jpg

th_ruffle_trio2.jpg
I really like the apron front! Omgosh.. think how cute for Chef Mickey's!!
I like the straight front one alot too.. and the mermaid.. :lovestruc

pirate:You are like a drug dealer to us. I can't stop thinking of these skirts. I have too many other drugs, I mean dresses, to work on. :coffee:

DRUGS ARE BAD!!! But keep them coming. I enjoy just looking at them.

I haven't posted in a long time (and I never posted much) but I wanted to let My*Sweet*Sunshine to know that I used the directions from her blog to make a twirl skirt for my daughter's friends birthday present.

They are going to Disney next week. After I saw the picture I realized I should have lowered the embroidery on the tshirt, but she loved it anyway.

erikasbirthdaypresent.jpg

I don't know how to make the picture any bigger.

I'm also kicking myself, because I made a precious dress in size 1/2 for a baby shower gift and didn't take a picture. I also made the ruffled diaper cover to match. I guess I'll ask the mom to be to take a picture for me.
It looks adorable! Great job!

Surgery update!!

It's wonderful they were able to do more in less time than anticipated. Know that these difficult post surgery days will pass, and she will only have a dim memory of them- if that. My kiddos really don't remember any of their early surgeries at all. I'm continuing to pray that she's able to drink enough to stay hydrated- and at home.

ruffle_trio1.jpg

ruffle_trio2.jpg

Holy Guacamole Bat Girl! It just keeps getting better- don't forget if you're in the market for a 7 Caitie's available to model:goodvibes I'm not kidding when I say I think you have just created my favorite skirt pattern- EVER!! I love the apron variation, too- now get crackin sister and get that baby in production- please:worship::worship::worship:

You need models and photos, right? Right right? I'll even put hats and bows on the boys! ;) :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

I've been tempted to use my great nephew. A cute little cloche hat with a big flower pin would be darling on your little one wearing the apron skirt and and a peasant top. :lmao:

Lisa, these are just tooooo tooooo cute!!! I seriously can not wait to try this pattern!

Holy Guacamole Bat Girl! It just keeps getting better- don't forget if you're in the market for a 7 Caitie's available to model:goodvibes I'm not kidding when I say I think you have just created my favorite skirt pattern- EVER!! I love the apron variation, too- now get crackin sister and get that baby in production- please:worship::worship::worship:

Thanks so much! I have one size left to test (a 10 or 10/12) and then comes the fun of trying to explain for others how I do everything and add illustrations for the main steps. :rolleyes1 I'm also trying to create fabric cutting layouts for the first time. (Darn that CarlaC for setting the bar so high. ;)) My biggest problem will be avoiding the temptation to include other variations that might come to mind. :rotfl:

QUESTION - Should I make the 'apron' a bit smaller so more of the skirt front shows?

QUESTION - Should I make the 'apron' a bit smaller so more of the skirt front shows?
I actually like that it isn't as small as alot of the other patterns out with an apron on the skirt. Doesn't look at kitcheny(lol) to me as the norm and I like that. I guess it depends on what you are going for... I think it is very classy the way it is now.. the other way would be more fun I guess? I don't know.. I'm rambling.. :goodvibes

I actually like that it isn't as small as alot of the other patterns out with an apron on the skirt. Doesn't look at kitcheny(lol) to me as the norm and I like that. I guess it depends on what you are going for... I think it is very classy the way it is now.. the other way would be more fun I guess? I don't know.. I'm rambling.. :goodvibes

I love it just as it is, too:thumbsup2

Thanks - I was hoping I was on the right track but wasn't sure it read as 'apron' . I'm trying to resist the temptation to add pockets to the apron and solid front... but wouldn't that be cute? :lmao:

I bought that pattern at the sew expo this weekend. I have to trace it but I hope to start on the top this week - your right, it does take alot of fabric!!!I think the fabric you got are great. That will be such a cute top.

Look - I am quoting myself. I just thought of way to conserve fabric. The underskirt calls for around a yard - (I think - don't have the pattern in front of me.) Make the top half of the underskirt a solid color and just put the "good" fabric on the border that wil actually show. That way you do not use as much fabric with the cute print on it!!

I love that fabric! I think it will be so cute done up in that style top. I know what you mean about the amount of fabric some patterns use, though. It looks like you could get away with using a less expensive fabric for the 'underskirt' of the top since it doesn't even show. That alone would save 3/4-1 yd of the designer prints depending on the size you're making.

Thanks for the support, guys. I was thinking the same thing about the underskirt...i'm also considering eliminating it and just sewing a bottom ruffle onto the top skirt. These are fairly substantial fabrics and i don't want it to be too heavy for summer.

I have the same problem - I spluge, get some get fabric from the internet sites, get it home and I am afraid to cut into it!!! How about a pact - I 'll cut into my "good" fabric and you can make yours. I can't wait to see the finished outfit!!!!

DEAL!!

Surgery update!!

:banana::banana::banana:

If you like the Emma Top you should check out Callie by Children's Corner. It has a similar look and is REALLY easy to put together... takes very little fabric too. Make sure you practice your shirring on some cheap fabric. I have that pattern but haven't used it because of the shirring.

Thanks, I'll go check it out...and yes, I am totally scared to start the shirring part.

I think it looks great! I actually like the other two versions better than the regular apron front though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter