Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:
Would anyone like to share how they coordinated themselves and/or husband to the kids? I've been embroidering matching shirts for the last three years and don't know what to do this year. I'm thinking of Heather's swirl Mickey for one of our days but have no idea what to put on my husband's shirt for our Animal Kingdom day.
image276-1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi:
I can't find our Animal Kingdom pictures but that's what I did the last time. Corinne wore a dress and the rest of us had Mickey heads in safari print.
I found one of us all matching at Universal.

th_DSC00261-1.jpg
[/IMG]

LOVE those universal customs!!!! IOA was one of our favorite stops this fall - my hubby loved Disney, but he is soooo ready to go back to IOA! And wow - the pirate family pic is awesome! And LOVE your tink outfit!

Here's some of my holiday sewing I did for gifts...

This Nemo outfit was for my neice, sewing for little girls is so much fun!!

th_IMG_4092.jpg

th_IMG_4020.jpg

Love the Nemo Outfit and the Tink! I bet the Nemo will end up being her favorite outfit - my daughter always does me like that, fights putting on what I make for her, and then once its on doesn't want to take it off!

We have done these a few times with iron on's.

For my DH's 40th bday, I made him a shirt with 40 mickey heads on it and said celebrating 40 "ears" of disney - the mickey heads all were different, and showed his favorite things in them!! he got a TON of compliments and questions as to where he got the shirt!!! lol i wore a shirt with a party hat on it saying celebrating Bill's birthday..
th_bday.jpg

What cool birthday shirts!!! Love em!

I was going to tell you to search disboutiquers but it looks like you already did!

Here are some photos where we all coordinated on our last trip. I can't believe I'm posting them because I look horrid.

th_CanonRebelOct-Dec2009125-1.jpg

th_CanonRebelOct-Dec2009132-1.jpg

You look great, girl! You sound like me - I never like how I look in pics!

And here is Lily's The Princess and the Frog dress. I used Heathersue's frog/Naveen embroidery.

th_CanonRebelOct-Dec2009633-1.jpg

Adorable!

Sooo glad to finally be back on the boards. We have had a crazy month around here. About two weeks after we got back from our Nov trip, on dd's 4th birthday, I found out we "brought a little of the magic home with us". Unfortunately, I ended up miscarrying which has had me down and not chatting on the boards. The good thing is that I am healthy now and the dr. has given us the green light for our January cycle, and the best part is that I will be most fertile during our January trip to Disney. Keep your fingers crossed that the magic will work again for us ;)

I did a lot of sewing over December for the Holidays. I did monogramed "slankets" for dh's female coworkers. They were a big hit! For dd's holiday dance recital I made up CarlaC's new pettiskirt pattern with a simply sweet top. The Candy Canes are my first ever digitized design! I am so hooked on digitizing. Last but not least I entered a Simplysweet in our county fair and came away with Grand Champion!

Next up for me are some newborn pettiskirts, I need to really reduce CarlaC's pattern, and possibly a Tianna dress for our Jan trip.

Happy New Year everyone!

th_DSC01446.jpg

th_IMG_6445.jpg

th_IMG_6456.jpg

So sorry for your loss - lots of pixie dust for a new addition in 2010. And love your customs - your daughter is just adorable!!!

My daughter just turned 9 this fall, and LOVES the halter style:

th_katiecindystairsresize.jpg

Credit for the bodice applique goes to Shannon (revrob)!

I think she finds them more grown up looking.

Happy sewing!

Your customs are so beautiful - I wish I had half your talent! :worship:

Took me a while to find but I did!

th_100_0567.jpg

What a cute idea!

I have been a busy little bee lately - finished up three things this week:

An Ariel A-line for Emmy that I cut out before Christmas. Applique is a Fablique from Jo-Annes...

Back Detail
22057_228302062126_524102126_357271.jpg

Best pic she would let me get of the front:
22057_228302147126_524102126_357271.jpg

My first Patricia Tunic for my Hubby's Grandmother's Birthday - It was super easy and I am thrilled with how it turned out!

22057_228301897126_524102126_357270.jpg

Puffy Sleeves:
22057_228302002126_524102126_357270.jpg

The Super Cool button!
22057_228301947126_524102126_357270.jpg

A first birthday shirt for my nephew - I think it is super cute, but my hubby hates it and says it is hideous!!! I dunno - hopefully they will like it. His brother and wife are weird, have very little contact with us...just odd people who don't treat others very well. I want them to know how much we love our nephew and hopefully keep the door open for them to be a bigger part of our lives...

22057_230827217126_524102126_358467.jpg

22057_230827387126_524102126_358467.jpg

Button detail - my four year old picked these out! Love them!

22057_230827157126_524102126_358467.jpg

OH my goodness!

We can't take advantage of any of the great deals around right now, but we have made some sort of decisions about our trip. It was supposed to be Feb 2011...now we are thinking about Nov/Dec 2010! Going the week after Thanksgiving we will be able to see the Christmas lights, and be able to take advantage of the value season...plus we wouldn't have to pay for my GD who will still be only 2!

Without the addition of my DGD2 we will save over $1000... I am getting so excited! I can think of so many more Christmas Disney dresses than I can Valentine's Disney!

Wish me luck in thinking this through! I have to make a decision today!!!!!

Nini:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
We also will be in WDW about the same time. We wanted to skip MNSSHP and go to see Christmas this upcoming year. We are planning to be there for the Parade taping if we can muster up enough courage to take on that kind of crowds. Have a super trip.

Here's a few pics from our trip of the DGK's.
MVMVP
th_DSC03134-1.jpg

Epcot
th_DSC03278.jpg

th_DSC03261.jpg

Magic Kingdom
th_DSC03326.jpg
I just love all the great outfits! Thanks for sharing.
Here's some of my holiday sewing I did for gifts...
This Nemo outfit was for my neice, sewing for little girls is so much fun!!

th_IMG_4092.jpg

th_IMG_4223.jpg

And this is a Disney knock-off I did for my MIL. While we were at Disney she pulled me aside and said "this is what I want for Christmas, but I know you can make a nicer one" I'm not sure it's nicer, but she loved it so that's all that matters right?

th_IMG_4020.jpg

th_IMG_4021.jpg
I just love how cute she looks being mad. The nemo is the best.

Happy New Year Disboutiquers!!

DH and I have decided that we are going to do everything we can to make sure that we go to WDW in 2010! 2009 was a very depressing year for the both of us and we decided that we needed to go to WDW to help us get through 2010. I want to go in the Spring, but it might be easier for us to go during the fall. But either way we are going.
Yeah Crystal, you deserve a good year and I hope disney is in the near future.

Those pictures are wonderful and so are the customs. Where ever where you to see Jack and Sally?

So I have been putting together a plan for my sisters baby :lovestruc

Tell me what you guys think...

Crib Blanket - 45 x 60 Using Minky/Cotton with a Rick Rack Border. I was going to use the same general idea as the Free Receiving blanket pattern from YCMT.

3 Bibs - Using leftover Minky/Cotton from Blanket. I want to use a snap, I have seen them on etsy... but I dont know how to do snaps. Any ideas? I also don't have a pattern for this. I want it to have the snaps to the side instead of in the back. Does anyone know of a pattern? Or should I make my own?

3 Receiving Blankets - 40 x 40 Using Flannel/Cotton. I have considered just doing flannel with a rolled edge instead of the YMCT pattern - but most likely not.

Diaper Bag - Using the Onesie Diaper Bag pattern on YCMT. I :love: it and am planning to make myself one as a tote bag (no onesie) :) My cousin is expecting in August and I think this pattern will get a lot of use. I plan to use coordinating fabrics and Rick Rack somewhere.

Changing Pad - I should have 12 x 54 left from the Crib blanket and was hoping that 12" would be wide enough for a changing pad. If I find some in stores, I can always go up a few inches, but if I order online I have to go up another 1/2 yard. Maybe I could find another use for the leftover Minky.
I was going to use a ribbon for a tie or maybe some Rick Rack, but I think that would be hard to tie.

And Last...
6-12 Burp Cloths- I will have approximately 14 x 126 leftover from the receiving blankets (double if I make them double thick) and am planning to use the YCMT pattern. I found a 12 pack of cloth diapers to use and might make her 12 or make her 6 and save the other 6 for my cousin.

What do you guys think?

We are going up the 14th-16th. We will be at POR. It will be my niece's first trip...she is 1. Which reminds me that I should probably try to make her something that says it is her first trip.
My soon to be 7 year old was 11 1/2 months on her first trip.

An Ariel A-line for Emmy that I cut out before Christmas. Applique is a Fablique from Jo-Annes...
th_22057_228302147126_524102126_357271.jpg

My first Patricia Tunic for my Hubby's Grandmother's Birthday - It was super easy and I am thrilled with how it turned out!

th_22057_228301897126_524102126_357270.jpg

A first birthday shirt for my nephew - I think it is super cute, but my hubby hates it and says it is hideous!!! I dunno - hopefully they will like it. His brother and wife are weird, have very little contact with us...just odd people who don't treat others very well. I want them to know how much we love our nephew and hopefully keep the door open for them to be a bigger part of our lives...

th_22057_230827217126_524102126_358467.jpg
What a cute A-line and model! Great tunic! LOVE that bowling shirt!!!!! My almost 7yo tomboy would love it too. Where did you get those fabrics?

Could someone point me in the direction of some patterns for my daughters 18in doll she got for Christmas?
The commercial patterns have 18" doll patterns and JoAnn's often has patterns on sale for $1 BUT they have virtually no instructions. I love Carla's patterns on youcanmakethis. Many of her child size patterns have doll size too.

The wrap skirt on this free pattern is really easy:
http://youcanmakethis.com/info/doll-clothing/FREE-Make-Twirls-for-Girls-for-Toys-for-Tots.htm

And here is Lily's The Princess and the Frog dress. I used Heathersue's frog/Naveen embroidery.

CanonRebelOct-Dec2009632-1.jpg

Oh I am in absolute love to to cute!

I am Callie Cameron over there ladies. I did update you guys about our adoption right? And Shannon I looked you up :) I was trying to remember your name late last night when I was on there but couldn't glad you posted! I love FB lol.

Oh I am in absolute love to to cute!

I am Callie Cameron over there ladies. I did update you guys about our adoption right? And Shannon I looked you up :) I was trying to remember your name late last night when I was on there but couldn't glad you posted! I love FB lol.

I finally found you this morning, which you obviously saw! I am assuming here that you were able to adopt both those precious babies! Hopefully they have both gone through but I was kind of reading the pictures and thinking maybe the one isn't final yet? I sure hope so though! You have such beautiful children! I enjoyed seeing updated pictures of your older two!

Well, I just have to update everyone on our trip. We had originally planned on Fed 2011, because DD9 will be out of school. Now, my DS and DIL are saying they can't go at that time, because they are trying to buy a house and the money would just be too tight! Then...watching all those Christmas specials with the Disney holiday lights and decorations...that did me in! I taped the one on HGTV...and watched it for the first time on Christmas Eve (while waiting for the kiddies to go to sleep!)

That started the whole thing of me wanting ot go for Christmas. Not to mention that my SIL spent Christmas DAY at MK with her brood!

Somehow, yesterday morning, my hands just wandered over to a board where they were talking about how low the crowds were for the week after Thanksgiving...and the next thing I knew I had the calculator out...working it!!!

So, as soon as one of the disability checks come in today, I am off to the bank to deposit into the account that has the check card...and the Travel Agent (who actually only lives a few miles from me...Is a Small WOrld!)will be making my down payment on our 10 day after Thanksgiving trip to Disney! I am so excited! This afternoon I am off to grab all the after Christmas sale fabrics I can find!

Now I just need to change my ticker and get BUSY!!!

My two favorite things in the world...Disney and Christmas...now if we could just manage a trip to the beach in there it would be perfect!

Nini

Congrats and enjoy your trip planning!

Back Detail
22057_228302062126_524102126_357271.jpg

22057_228302147126_524102126_357271.jpg

22057_228301897126_524102126_357270.jpg

Puffy Sleeves:
22057_228302002126_524102126_357270.jpg

The Super Cool button!
22057_228301947126_524102126_357270.jpg

22057_230827387126_524102126_358467.jpg

22057_230827157126_524102126_358467.jpg
These are great! I especially love the 1st birthday shirt; I think it's adorable!

Callie!!! I had no clue this was you until you said your name. I have read your post before but never looked close enough at your pics. Too funny!!! I tried on a couple of ainslie's wdw customs and they don't fit. I bet they would fit your little girl!!

th_CanonRebelOct-Dec2009632-1.jpg
th_CanonRebelOct-Dec2009630-1.jpg
th_CanonRebelOct-Dec2009633-1.jpg

So cute! I like the triangle 'ruffle' on the front.

Sooo glad to finally be back on the boards. We have had a crazy month around here. About two weeks after we got back from our Nov trip, on dd's 4th birthday, I found out we "brought a little of the magic home with us". Unfortunately, I ended up miscarrying which has had me down and not chatting on the boards. The good thing is that I am healthy now and the dr. has given us the green light for our January cycle, and the best part is that I will be most fertile during our January trip to Disney. Keep your fingers crossed that the magic will work again for us ;)

I did a lot of sewing over December for the Holidays. I did monogramed "slankets" for dh's female coworkers. They were a big hit! For dd's holiday dance recital I made up CarlaC's new pettiskirt pattern with a simply sweet top. The Candy Canes are my first ever digitized design! I am so hooked on digitizing. Last but not least I entered a Simplysweet in our county fair and came away with Grand Champion!

Next up for me are some newborn pettiskirts, I need to really reduce CarlaC's pattern, and possibly a Tianna dress for our Jan trip.

Happy New Year everyone!

th_DSC01446.jpg
th_IMG_6445.jpg
th_IMG_6456.jpg

:hug: I love the candy cane outfit. You are much braver than me. I was planning on making a petti & the thought of that many slippery ruffle scared me out of it.

th_22057_228302062126_524102126_357271.jpg

th_22057_228302002126_524102126_357270.jpg
th_22057_228301947126_524102126_357270.jpg

th_22057_230827387126_524102126_358467.jpg
th_22057_230827157126_524102126_358467.jpg

Ariel is so cute & I love the puppy shirt! Such fun fabrics.

Ok everyone here are some pictures from Christmas - my first set of feliz dresses for the girls. I have to say the pattern is pretty easy with the tutorial in the bookmarks! I love it!
Here is Evangelines Feliz --I used A. Henry fabric for 2 of the dresses I think this is called "Santa's Bag". She was not happy when we told her she was not allowed to have the grown-up punch....
th_IMG_9493.jpg

Here is the back....
th_IMG_9482.jpg

Jocelyn's dress I still need to put the last ruffle on it - A. Henry's "Babycakes" in green - this is the fabric for the last ruffle also that goes all the way around the skirt. They are not the best pictures.....
th_IMG_9567.jpg

The back
th_IMG_9506-1.jpg

Juliet's dress - had to have the Minnie dot in someones!
th_IMG_9511.jpg

and the back
th_IMG_9512-1.jpg

I haven't been quoting on this site in a few days (just looking and loving everything I see)....been doing the Christmas stuff, redecorating a room and "lurking". But I couldn't pass this one up. You did an excellent job on the felizes. Great fabric choices. And I absolutely love Evangeline's pouty face. Ha! Too cute!

I finally have a few pics to share of my recent projects. When I finally get to doing laundry I will take pics of the boys actually wearing their shirts.
Brandon is on a Snoopy kick lately and this print is perfect for him, both pirates and Snoopy.
IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

Dylan loves fire trucks so he picked this print.
IMG_7653-1.jpg

IMG_7654-1.jpg

I'll post more pics tomorrow, I have to get ready for a crazy night at work.

I finally have a few pics to share of my recent projects. When I finally get to doing laundry I will take pics of the boys actually wearing their shirts.
Brandon is on a Snoopy kick lately and this print is perfect for him, both pirates and Snoopy.
IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7653-1.jpg

IMG_7654-1.jpg

Those are great shirts. With boys our options are limited but the bowling shirt is a staple in our wardrobe.

What do men know? :confused3 I think the shirt is fantastic. Everything you've shown us looks great.

What do you guys think?

My little sis just had her baby and this is what I did for her (so far...lol)

As my main gift to her for her shower I made her crib set. I did the quilt, bumpers, dust ruffle and window valance. I used a simplicity pattern loosely for it. The quilt was a rag quilt. I didn't think she would go for the idea but she loved it since she wanted something much simpler than what they have in the stores now for girls. Here is a photo of some of it on her crib.
Mandysbabyshower036.jpg

Here is the set on her crib...it doesn't show the dust ruffle well though. I did not make the sheet. The polka dot material was actually crib sheets I cut up because that is what she wanted the whole set based on. The quilt is a rag quilt with cotton and minky.
cribset.jpg

This shows the dust ruffle in the right upper corner. I did both the dust ruffle and the window valance like this. I barely had enough of the stripe to make them both so I seamed white to the tops of the stripe material and used a 1" wide grosgrain ribbon to cover the seam.

Just my two cents!

:hug: I love the candy cane outfit. You are much braver than me. I was planning on making a petti & the thought of that many slippery ruffle scared me out of it.

I was a little nervous too but Carla's directions are so easy. A friend of mine who hadn't sewn since home ec 15 years ago sewed along with me and she did fine. You just have to be able to gather and zig zag and since the fabric is so fine it gathers so easily. She really keeps the steps so you are dealing with small parts rather than an enormous mound of fluff! The nylon chiffon is cheap too...I think I paid $16 for it online so if it was a mess it wasn't a huge loss. Still cheaper than buying one online.

What about Heather's safari hat mickey head? Super cute- I just bought it for my DH.

The tie dye is too cute! You could probably find nemo fabric on ebay.

So cute! ok, I'm totally going to regret asking this, but are the applique's on your t's 5x7 or 6x10? I know I should just be grateful for what I have, and I am, but I can't help but think 5x7 is going to be too small design wise for our grown up t-s. However, your's look amazing, so I'm holding onto a tiny thread of hope that they just might be 5x7.

Cute! I love the way you used the fabric; absolutely adorable- and it looks like Lily loves it too!!!

Jessica is right, I did them *by hand* I do wish I had a 6x10 hoop but the 5x7 is usually sufficient.

Happy New Year everyone!

th_DSC01446.jpg

th_IMG_6445.jpg

th_IMG_6456.jpg

So sorry about your miscarriage. :hug: I'm hoping for more Disney magic for you! ;) The candy cane outfit is gorgeous!

Well, I just have to update everyone on our trip. We had originally planned on Fed 2011, because DD9 will be out of school. Now, my DS and DIL are saying they can't go at that time, because they are trying to buy a house and the money would just be too tight! Then...watching all those Christmas specials with the Disney holiday lights and decorations...that did me in! I taped the one on HGTV...and watched it for the first time on Christmas Eve (while waiting for the kiddies to go to sleep!)

That started the whole thing of me wanting ot go for Christmas. Not to mention that my SIL spent Christmas DAY at MK with her brood!

Somehow, yesterday morning, my hands just wandered over to a board where they were talking about how low the crowds were for the week after Thanksgiving...and the next thing I knew I had the calculator out...working it!!!

So, as soon as one of the disability checks come in today, I am off to the bank to deposit into the account that has the check card...and the Travel Agent (who actually only lives a few miles from me...Is a Small WOrld!)will be making my down payment on our 10 day after Thanksgiving trip to Disney! I am so excited! This afternoon I am off to grab all the after Christmas sale fabrics I can find!

Now I just need to change my ticker and get BUSY!!!

My two favorite things in the world...Disney and Christmas...now if we could just manage a trip to the beach in there it would be perfect!

Nini

:cool1: I'm excited for you! Someday I will see a Disney park at Christmastime!

LOVE those universal customs!!!! IOA was one of our favorite stops this fall - my hubby loved Disney, but he is soooo ready to go back to IOA! And wow - the pirate family pic is awesome! And LOVE your tink outfit!

Love the Nemo Outfit and the Tink! I bet the Nemo will end up being her favorite outfit - my daughter always does me like that, fights putting on what I make for her, and then once its on doesn't want to take it off!

What cool birthday shirts!!! Love em!

You look great, girl! You sound like me - I never like how I look in pics!

Adorable!

So sorry for your loss - lots of pixie dust for a new addition in 2010. And love your customs - your daughter is just adorable!!!

Your customs are so beautiful - I wish I had half your talent! :worship:

What a cute idea!

Back Detail
th_22057_228302062126_524102126_357271.jpg

th_22057_230827387126_524102126_358467.jpg

Love it all! The Ariel a-line is adorable. I love the Patricia tunic! That is one of my favorite patterns!

I just love all the great outfits! Thanks for sharing.

I just love how cute she looks being mad. The nemo is the best.

Yeah Crystal, you deserve a good year and I hope disney is in the near future.

Those pictures are wonderful and so are the customs. Where ever where you to see Jack and Sally?

I almost had to stalk them! They are only out In October (and probably the last few days of September) and usually near the entrance to the Haunted Mansion. Sometimes by the little fountain, sometimes over by the whycantithinkofthenameofit...you know, the water. :confused3

Tell me what you guys think...

Crib Blanket - 45 x 60 Using Minky/Cotton with a Rick Rack Border. I was going to use the same general idea as the Free Receiving blanket pattern from YCMT.

3 Bibs - Using leftover Minky/Cotton from Blanket. I want to use a snap, I have seen them on etsy... but I dont know how to do snaps. Any ideas? I also don't have a pattern for this. I want it to have the snaps to the side instead of in the back. Does anyone know of a pattern? Or should I make my own?

3 Receiving Blankets - 40 x 40 Using Flannel/Cotton. I have considered just doing flannel with a rolled edge instead of the YMCT pattern - but most likely not.

Diaper Bag - Using the Onesie Diaper Bag pattern on YCMT. I :love: it and am planning to make myself one as a tote bag (no onesie) :) My cousin is expecting in August and I think this pattern will get a lot of use. I plan to use coordinating fabrics and Rick Rack somewhere.

Changing Pad - I should have 12 x 54 left from the Crib blanket and was hoping that 12" would be wide enough for a changing pad. If I find some in stores, I can always go up a few inches, but if I order online I have to go up another 1/2 yard. Maybe I could find another use for the leftover Minky.
I was going to use a ribbon for a tie or maybe some Rick Rack, but I think that would be hard to tie.

And Last...
6-12 Burp Cloths- I will have approximately 14 x 126 leftover from the receiving blankets (double if I make them double thick) and am planning to use the YCMT pattern. I found a 12 pack of cloth diapers to use and might make her 12 or make her 6 and save the other 6 for my cousin.

What do you guys think?

Wow! Lucky sister! It sounds fabulous!

th_IMG_7651.jpg

th_IMG_7652.jpg

th_IMG_7653-1.jpg

th_IMG_7654-1.jpg

Great job! The Snoopy pirate shirt is my favorite!

I haven't sewn much since I finished all of the Christmas presents
but I was off work this week and my daughters and I decided to
redecorate my granddaughter's room. This was the youngest DGD2
room and we decided to make it for both of them and use the other
room for play room. They love it and we were very happy with the results. They both love fairies and tinkerbell so we went with that theme.
This is how the room started out....
SDC12353.jpg

And then the finished project...
SDC12393.jpg

SDC12390.jpg

SDC12395.jpg

SDC12397.jpg

SDC12403.jpg

Now if they will only sleep in the room, we will have been successful. They love sleeping with their mom (especially the youngest DGD2).
Wow..sorry pics are so big. I will try to remember to resize next time I post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter