Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would those of you that pray please say a prayer for my brother? He was tragically struck and killed by a car Friday night. My Dad died 12/12/67 when I was 6 years old so my brother was like a Dad to me.:sad1:

You, your brother and your family are in my prayers.

Would those of you that pray please say a prayer for my brother? He was tragically struck and killed by a car Friday night. My Dad died 12/12/67 when I was 6 years old so my brother was like a Dad to me.:sad1:

I'm so sorry for your loss! I'll be praying for your entire family during this time.

I am so sorry for your loss.

NICOLE! Look at that super cute little Hannah (ok, yeah, Megan is cute too:cutie:)

Isn't Carla so fun? She is just as sweet as can be. I know she was excited that a diser made it out. Did you get to meet Jennifer? I haven't met her in person but she is a super nice gal too. I so wish I would have been able to go too. I wanted one of the raggedy ann dolls for Lily, she's been dragging an OLD OLD OLD one (who coincidentally she calls Hannah) around for months since she dug it up at my MIL's. I thought a new one would be nice (and clean and MUCH prettier LOL)
Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday!

Hi All,
I am fortunate enough to live not too far from Jennifer Paganelli's home. Which means I had to honor of seeing her home while I checked out her "Holiday Sale". My main reason for going was to meet Carla (Scientific Seamstress of YCMT) In fact, I loved it so much I went twice! Carla was SOOOOO sweet, she's so cute too and she was wearing one of her creations- a cute dress- Molly?? was the pattern name maybe. I had so much fun chatting with her and I bought one of her dollies to give to Hannah for Christmas (made with Sis Boom fabrics of course) with a face like Raggedy Ann. She was so busy cutting fabric for everyone. But still had time to discuss a pattern question I had and she GAVE me a couple of her super cool new pattern formats- on cd, can't wait to show my local quilt shop and beg them to carry them. I have to make the baby bubble for SURE for Hannah for Disney world.
The first day I bought the fabric megan is wearing below, along with another I have not used yet. The second day I returned and purchased fabric to make a Patricia tunic for my Mom for Christmas)
Im just sorry I didnt get to meet Louie!
Its been ages since I have done the portrait peasant dress- I forgot how easy and fun it is!
It's been really hard for me to sew like I used to with the baby and Hannah. But I had this done in a weekend.
Megan (due for a hair cut!!!)

and for here is the gown Crystal made for Megan for Halloween. I never would have been able to get this done in time and it came out perfect!

the back

why yes, that is a baby unicorn...
(store bought)

thanksgiving...sorry I dont seem to have a photo of her wearing it, and it looks so much better on.
(I did get around to pulling out gathering stitches)

What a wonderful experience! I love the outfits!

Oh no, I'm so terribly sorry. Of course I'll be praying for your family. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

oh honey, i am so terribly sorry, prayers said:grouphug:

Prayers are being sent for those in need. I wish you peace.

I finished uploading my pics of the Tiana outfit I made as a gift for the angel tree here.
princesstefrog010.jpg

princesstefrog008.jpg

I hope that they will like it. It was so fun puttig it together. Now to work on some outfits for my own girls.

Prayers for you and your family.

Emily

Prayers are being sent for those in need. I wish you peace.

I finished uploading my pics of the Tiana outfit I made as a gift for the angel tree here.
princesstefrog010.jpg

princesstefrog008.jpg

I hope that they will like it. It was so fun puttig it together. Now to work on some outfits for my own girls.

I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for participating in the Angel Tree program!

I work for The Salvation Army, and I coordinate the Angel Tree program in my city. I can tell you that MANY locations are having a very difficult time filling the requests this year. So many have been hit hard by the economy, meaning that many more families have requested assistance. Additionally, fewer people are in a financial position to give. It's a double whammy! I'm so grateful for those that ARE able to give doing so. The need is much greater than you can begin to imagine!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for you and your family.:sad1:

lovesdumbo,
Im so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for peace for you and your family.
I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now. You know we all love you and support you here, so it's a safe place to come.
I know each of us would give you a hug if we could.

mgmsmommy- really cute outfit. Very nice of you to donate it. The Angel Tree at our mall all the tags read "gift certificate to mall" (AKA cash) Not that I usually do these every year- either at Barnes and Noble or a I contact the service here that works with foster kids, or an angel tree at our church. I like buying something and wrapping it. Im curious what your tag said if you made that darling outfit for her?

T-beri, I DID get to meet Jennifer and she was super nice. I commented on her blog and she even responded directly to me. The first day I was there I brought my christening gown with me to show Carla and Jennifer got to see it too. I couldn't believe how all the other ladies wanted to see it. jennifer also has this wonderful HUGE Labradoodle, George and she lives in this gorgeous house!! I think the dolls sold out. I got there and got my pick, but by Friday afternoon there were 2 left and there was still one more sale day to go.

mgmsmommy- really cute outfit. Very nice of you to donate it. The Angel Tree at our mall all the tags read "gift certificate to mall" (AKA cash) Not that I usually do these every year- either at Barnes and Noble or a I contact the service here that works with foster kids, or an angel tree at our church. I like buying something and wrapping it. Im curious what your tag said if you made that darling outfit for her?

Well this angel tree was at our BX (military base exchange) & tag read clothes size 4 & toys. So we decided an outfit & toy would be better than just 1 or the other. Youngest ds picked out the toy & my girls helped decide on theme for the outfit & I left the tags on the turtleneck & jeans so they would know they were new. I was afraid to just have the outfit be all handmade that they wouldnt use it. We are asked to bring themback unwrapped as a safety precaution.

My own kids were gifted things by this tree program when dh was active duty air force (he is now reserves) so now we try to give back & help them in return. Sorry for writing a book. Can you tell dh is out of town & its just me & the kids for 2 wks? I'm just going on & on... time for bed;)

I am very sorry for your loss. So much heartbreak this season :(

:hug: So sorry for your loss! This is just so ahrd. You nad your family will be in my prayers and thoughts as well. :hug:

My DD is also very slim, and at first I would use the bodice of the smaller size, but add length to get the length I wanted. That works fine. Now, though, I want extra wear as well as good fit so I made a casing for elastic under the arms. That way I can go up a size and still have it fit her well now. I think it was Revrob and Stephres who gave me the suggestion a la the vida dress, and I think it works great.

I am having this very problem right now. I've made the bodice and sleeves for a McCalls pattern and it looks like the bodice is going to be very large. (My 11 year old measured the right size for a 7 (maybe 8)! but I made the 10 anyway :cutie: Can you explain more about how to do this casing under the arms? I am having a hard time picturing how it would make the bodice tighter.

I bought mine at Big Y, its a big plastic container and it was at the end of the row. ;)
fyi- my cousin made these last year and the recipe she had used a fair amount of glue and they didnt dry for a week.
I have also seen recipes with clove, allspice,nutmeg
Just be careful with nutmeg!! It can kill!! (this is not a joke)

I am having this very problem right now. I've made the bodice and sleeves for a McCalls pattern and it looks like the bodice is going to be very large. (My 11 year old measured the right size for a 7 (maybe 8)! but I made the 10 anyway :cutie: Can you explain more about how to do this casing under the arms? I am having a hard time picturing how it would make the bodice tighter.
Which McCall's pattern are you using?

All I lack on my sewing list is hemming the sleeves of DGS1's raglan t. :cool1: I finished the 2 feliz dresses tonight. WHEW!!! Each dress had 6 princesses appliqued on it (87,306 stitches per dress:scared1:), DGD's will wear them to MVMCP Friday night. If I have time and can get to the fabric store tomorrow then I will try and whip out 2 pair of easy fit pants for the girls to wear under the AK dresses. We leave Thurs afternoon :woohoo:and I haven't even started to pack.:scared1: I've been sewing like a mad women trying to get all the customs done.:rotfl2:

Alot of stores around here have this right now for holiday baking.. it isn't really bulk, but it is bigger than normal. Cinnamon is kinda expensive too, but I guess you can use the cheap brand for this huh?
I want to make some now too.

Walgreens often has coupons for spices at a very low price. Cinnamon is usually in the assortment. It's where I got mine when I made the applesauce and cinnamon ornaments last year. Dollar stores, like Dollar Tree sometimes have it too. HTH!

Thanks for the cinnamon help. I am just going to do applesauce and cinnamon with a bit of glue. The girls are going to take them home on a paper plate to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter