• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PrincessKayla! Oh, no! I am so sorry you are so busy. It will be ok! Just try to think about the fun, don't worry about Chistmas customes. You can have fun without them. :hug:

Well ladies, there's nothing like waiting til the last minute to finish, but I did get the rincess and the frog customs done in time to see the movie tomorrow- Yeah!

Here they are: I know it seems crazy to make summer weight clothes, but I wanted them for our Disney trip this summer, too- so they'll wear long sleeves under them tomorrow.
001-5.jpg

close up of the flower (I used the tutorial somone - sorry, I can't remember the name, but it was a Tiana top and capris w/ a cute fabric flower)
002-6.jpg

Finally, the shirt I made for DS- Thank you Heather for the awesome design!
003-5.jpg

I was going to put something like "kiss me" or A kiss would be nice- but my DH said no way. Oh well. For summer, I'll make DS some shorts with the other characters applique'd on them.

I think Froggy had the flower tutorial = and your Tiana looks awesome!!! As well as the Frog T-shirt. Can't go wrong with a simply sweet! We can't go see Tiana for at least another week, so I get an extension on getting my daughter's custom done - thank goodness

WOW!! Love it. What pattern did you use?

I have a brother 1034D and I have had not problems with it at all (crossing my fingers) It is pretty easy to thread once you get the hang of it. The rolled hem comes out nice, but it is kindof a pain to get it set right. Now that I know what I am doing it is easier. The ruffling foot does not ruffle a whole lot. I am not sure if it is me or the machine. It kind of makes me sad becuase I would love to be able to ruffle with it all the time - but the ruffles are not very pretty, kind of dead and lifeless - and we can't have that now can we. So I do not use my ruffle function on the machine.

Sending prayers and pixie dust your way. I would be upset about losing my sewing sapce too!! I am glad that your sweet DH gave up his space for you. That is love!!!

How sweet!! That is why I love Disney and why it so worth making customs. Your customs are great. Love them, especially the Christmas one.

Wait and get the bigger field!!!!

First off, I am glad you had a wonderful vacation. Second, I am so sorry to hear about your DH"s job. I hope that he can find another one soon!!!

I lost a few of my multiquotes so...

AKSUNSHINE: Congrats!!!!
I am praying for you and your family. Can't wait to hear another healthy baby report.

MGMSMOMMY:
Love all the great outfits. So cool that you got to open up Epcot. I am glad you had a wonderful trip.

I am beyond stressed out right now. I have been sewing Christmas stuff for three weeks and I havn't had time to get to my stuff for my kids. To top it off -we leave for Disney on Monday and I have no Christmas customs!!!! My car is not cleaned out for the trip, my mother is flying in to GA tonight, I have not cleaned my house in over a month because every spare min I have is spent making shirts for other people. Oh yeah - I also work my full time job this weekend, 24 hours. I am not going to sleep until we get to Disney I guess, because I can't go with out Christmas customs for my kids. It is not happening. I need about 48 more hours!!!! Can anyone get that for me??

Enjoy your trip, girl! Savor every moment, customs or not.

I am beyond stressed out right now. I have been sewing Christmas stuff for three weeks and I havn't had time to get to my stuff for my kids. To top it off -we leave for Disney on Monday and I have no Christmas customs!!!! My car is not cleaned out for the trip, my mother is flying in to GA tonight, I have not cleaned my house in over a month because every spare min I have is spent making shirts for other people. Oh yeah - I also work my full time job this weekend, 24 hours. I am not going to sleep until we get to Disney I guess, because I can't go with out Christmas customs for my kids. It is not happening. I need about 48 more hours!!!! Can anyone get that for me??

Hang in there it will get done! Sending hugs and good vibes your way :)

(I lost my quotes for some reason????)

I love the Christmas dress MomR2tk! Wow! What pattern is that?

Ireland Nicole - LOVE the Tiana dress. The flower and ribbons are brilliant too!

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:
Ok, I have to get off my butt to finish an Ariel shirt and me and my oven has a date today to crank out the cheesecakes and some cookies. Big Red the Kitchenaid better be ready! Wish me luck!

There is no way I could quote everything I missed while we were on our trip. I will just say you ladies are fabulous as always. I was fortunate enough to meet one Disboutiquer at Disney World during a Chrismtas party. Her little girls were adorable. I think she said her name was Michelle! So, hi Michelle! I will post some pics in just a minute!

Did a couple of Christmas T-shirts today.

A little onesie for the grandchild of a co-worker:

Even though I took apart the side seam before doing this, I still managed to sew the back to the front 2 times. :confused3

And a snowman for Tyler.

I hope you get some things done, it sounds like it is important to you.
Can you mother help you cut things out or do some housework? At the very least she will probably entertain your kids.

Take care of yourself you don't want to get sick before your trip. :hug:

I love all the outfits posted! Very cute stuff!

I am working on last minute Christmas dresses for two of my nieces. I hope the fabrics I chose aren't too busy.:eek: I am making a simply sweet and an A-line but I need to add an applique to each first.

I have some good news about my Sister-in-law. Her husband has decided to stay in the marriage and is going to go to counseling with her and work things out. She wants to forgive him and stay married. She is a dear sweet lady with a loving heart and I hope they can make it happen.

Thank you all for your prayers they can work miracles!

Hey guys....

have to go off-topic a minute to say that we saw the Princess & The Frog tonight and.....

...it is THE BEST Disney Princess movie ever!!!!

Great message, great music, wonderful acting, etc., etc. We laughed and cried and at the end of the movie, nearly the entire audience clapped.

Take a break from your hectic Christmas schedules and go this weekend....it will remind YOU what is most important in life :)

ITA! It was awesome! Definitely the best movie in a long time; and I reeeeeeaaaaalllllllllyyy loved the animation- gorgeous!

A few pictures of the outfits on Kaedyn

KaedynandCindy.jpg

MerryChristmas.jpg

ShowingOff.jpg

Custom2.jpg

Custom1.jpg
So, so, so cute!! I really love these outfits- awesome job! and a beautiful model!

Even though I took apart the side seam before doing this, I still managed to sew the back to the front 2 times. :confused3

And a snowman for Tyler.

Sorry about the difficulty, but they both look adorable!

Just when I thought I was making progress toward being done with Christmas presents...... my neice called and asked for a COW blanket:lmao::lmao:

I've fallen way behind again. :(

I skimmed everything up to here, and I'm sorry that I'm not quoting everyone. Lots of cute stuff.

THE COBBLER'S CHILD HAS SHOES!

My daughter finally has a Christmas dress! I keep thinking (at age 9 now) that we're about done with the Daisy Kingdom stuff. But I let her pick her own fabric and pattern.

dkscottydogs.jpg

It just kills me that Daisy Kingdom went out of business. Thank heaven for Ebay for those of us late to the game!

I had to stop and post when I saw this dress though.......just gorgeous!

Thank you for asking about my grandparents. They were married 71.5 years.

That is awesome!

Wow! You are going to be wore out Sweetie! You'll get done, but try to get some sleep!

We'll take the new baby with us. I don't think there is much truth to being "too young for Disney". We took Levi at 16mo, and thank God we did! We lost him after being home 5 days. And I knew when we went he wouldn't remember, but seeing him light up and learning was the best part of that vacation!

Matt didn't want to go to Disney. When I planned our first trip in Jan o6, Isabelle was 3 and I was pregnant with Levi. He kept whining about a trip he took to Epcot when he was 5, with his mom. He was miserable, that is all he remembers! So I cut our week in WDW, to 2 days, we spent the rest at the beach. We only got to go to MK, but I bought the DDP, we were onsite, I did my homework. He didn't know what to think! He went home and bragged to EVERYONE!!!
So we went back in 07 with Levi. I found this thread before that trip and REALLY wanted Isabelle and Levi to have coordinating customs. I didn't own a machine then, so I sewed them by hand! They were so cute!
We weren't going to go back for a few years, but after loosing Levi I found I wanted to relive the memories. Thank God I didn't loose them (I had a severe head injury). That was last year, it was an amazing trip in itself....My wonderful friends on this thread made it so magical for us. You see, Isabelle was the first reciepient of the Big Give. Because I had a meltdown in a craft store one day when I spotted the cutest Mickey and Minnie fabric to make something for Isabelle and my first thought was, "What can I make Levi to match?" I had decided sewing was out of the question for that trip. But a wonderful person and now my BESTEST BESTY, asked here if some could help make it easier and magical. Isabelle wore many of them again this year!!!

Anyway, (I have to tell the story behind everything!! LOL) Matt and I love it there, he mostly likes the food, I love the memories...

What a sweet, yet sad story about your grandparents....And how awesome is it that you were the last person she sewed with. What an honor that must be!

Hey, Matt keeps telling me to get a serger. I know nothing about them??? Heck, I wish I could figure out my stupid Reader/Writer!

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story. I wasn't here then and never knew what happened. I'm so glad that you got to have that special trip to add to your memories.

OK here is pt. 2 from our trip:
This is what the girls Animal Kingdom dresses looked like, but I somehow can't find any pics from our day there:
th_IMG_0015.jpg

really cute!

I love all the outfits posted! Very cute stuff!

I am working on last minute Christmas dresses for two of my nieces. I hope the fabrics I chose aren't too busy.:eek: I am making a simply sweet and an A-line but I need to add an applique to each first.

I have some good news about my Sister-in-law. Her husband has decided to stay in the marriage and is going to go to counseling with her and work things out. She wants to forgive him and stay married. She is a dear sweet lady with a loving heart and I hope they can make it happen.

Thank you all for your prayers they can work miracles!

I hope they can work things out and your SIL can be happy.
February of 2008 my BIL up and left my sister after 25 years of marriage. He left her high and dry and moved out of the country! It was the same week as the anniversaries of my parents deaths. :sad2:

Shannalee, your DD outfits are adorable!

Tricia I love those onesies.

Girls, please send some prayers and pixie dust if you can:

We just got a call that my Dad is going to be coming on Saturday to live with us for a while. While surprising, it's not that I don't want my Dad to come, but my mom also lives with us, and they're divorced. So that complicates things somewhat. Also, my Dad doesn't do well w/ my kids, as some of you know they have special needs and heck, they overwhelm me sometimes, so they really throw him for a loop. Our life is pretty chaotic right now already; I just started working last month, we're in the process of hiring an advocate for our DD, things are a mess with the school, etc. etc (I know we're all busy) and to make myself sound even more shallow, I'm losing my sewing room!! I know it was a luxury, but I'm already behind, and because of DS's special needs I can't have my machines anywhere they can't be locked up every second I'm not watching them, so I can't just set up shop anywhere.

OK, vent over.

For those who pray, please ask that I would get over my selfish, shallow attitude and would trust that God would reveal a plan and purpose in this and give me wisdom and patience. For those who don't pray, please send pixie dust if you can.

As well as any good advice- goodness knows I can use it!

Vent away; you have a lot going on! ((hugs))

I posted alittle last night from Tyler's wrestling practice, Boy have the past 3 months been a dooozy:eek:
First we had a wonderful time in Disney we went on the Sleepy Hallow Carriage ride, rented a Pontoon boat at Fort Wilderness, ate dinner at Wispering Canyon (where they sang Happy Birthday to Tyler:lmao:) Sci Fi diner, Rainforest Cafe. It was a wonderful Vacation.
th_VacationOct2009139.jpg

So we got home and not a month later infact a week before Thanksgiving my DH was told Kelloggs has Restructured and neither He or the 10 other supervisors on 3rd shift fit into their plan,:scared1: some of the people had over 10 years seniority. :sad2:

We are trying to find a way to stay here in Georgia because the kids do not want to move, plus our Family is here. It was just a huge shock and one we were not really prepared for.

All your pictures were great. I am so sorry about your DH's job. Praying something even better comes along quickly.

Well ladies, there's nothing like waiting til the last minute to finish, but I did get the rincess and the frog customs done in time to see the movie tomorrow- Yeah!

Here they are: I know it seems crazy to make summer weight clothes, but I wanted them for our Disney trip this summer, too- so they'll wear long sleeves under them tomorrow.
th_001-5.jpg

close up of the flower (I used the tutorial somone - sorry, I can't remember the name, but it was a Tiana top and capris w/ a cute fabric flower)
th_th_002-6.jpg

Finally, the shirt I made for DS- Thank you Heather for the awesome design!
th_003-5.jpg

I was going to put something like "kiss me" or A kiss would be nice- but my DH said no way. Oh well. For summer, I'll make DS some shorts with the other characters applique'd on them.

These are all super!

And a snowman for Tyler.

cute stuff

I hope they can work things out and your SIL can be happy.
February of 2008 my BIL up and left my sister after 25 years of marriage. He left her high and dry and moved out of the country! It was the same week as the anniversaries of my parents deaths. :sad2:

Tricia I love those onesies.

How awful!

aksunshine--Praying for you and your baby too!

I pray for all you guys, whether I post or not. :grouphug:

A few pictures of the outfits on Kaedyn

KaedynandCindy.jpg

MerryChristmas.jpg

ShowingOff.jpg

Custom2.jpg

Custom1.jpg

Love your customs (and your DD is too cute, too!)! Looks like a fabulous trip! And I am so jealous you got to visit with Tiana - she was not doing meet and greets yet when we were there in September! Awww, just another excuse to go back...:rotfl2:

One of my quotes didn't show up, but I loved the Santa onesie and snowman tee, too!

WOW - finished skimming through about 2 weeks of posts... lots of great things posted!!

We got back from WDW Thursday night. We had a great time, but boy was it warm! I was really hoping we'd have some cooler temps (we had snow in Houston 2 days before we left!) I haven't been through our pictures yet. I did get pics of DD's outfits posted to my blog before we left... http://karamatdesigns.blogspot.com and I'll probably do a mini-trip report there.

We did see a few customs on our trip, including a GREAT Chef Mickey's outfit!

Friday DH gave me my Christmas present - a Janome 6600 sewing machine. He ordered it from a local shop and they got it in while we were away. He was going to hide it until Christmas, but then thought that was silly since I still have Christmas and birthday (DD turns 2 on the 27th) sewing to do. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet... if I had any time off left for the year I'd be tempted to stay home from work one day next week just to play with it! I'm still amazed that I went through 10 sick days, 25 vacation days, and 2 personal days this year and still want more time off :rotfl: that's why I purchased an extra week of vacation for next year!!

These are so cute!! I really like the snowman.

She looks great. Did everyone have a good time?

Thank you! Yes, we had a wonderful trip!!! I already want to go back. The highlight of Kaedyn's trip was the parade taping. She got to touch Nick Jonas! Look for her in the Minnie Dot outfit in the opening number of the parade Christmas Day!

ITA! It was awesome! Definitely the best movie in a long time; and I reeeeeeaaaaalllllllllyyy loved the animation- gorgeous!

So, so, so cute!! I really love these outfits- awesome job! and a beautiful model!

Thank you!!! I can tell such a difference in my sewing this trip! I also had the Cinderella Simply Sweet that I posted before. I thought it looked the best on the hanger, but the bright outfits looked best on her in person! I can't wait to see Princess and the Frog!

Thanks!

Love your customs (and your DD is too cute, too!)! Looks like a fabulous trip! And I am so jealous you got to visit with Tiana - she was not doing meet and greets yet when we were there in September! Awww, just another excuse to go back...:rotfl2:

Thanks!!! It was a great trip and I have to say that Tiana is the prettiest of all the princesses in my opinion! She is just gorgeous in person and Prince Naveen is really good looking, too!

I am hopelessly behind but I did skim and I LOVE all of the pics and trip report pics!! You gals are doing an awesome job!!! I saw many happy faces!!!!

I do have one pic I never shared from our trip by Minnie's sewing machine...I think its a requirement for being on this thread...:rotfl2:

DisneyNov2009173.jpg

I really have to get sewing so I have something to show you guys...I still sew...really I do! lol

WOW - finished skimming through about 2 weeks of posts... lots of great things posted!!

We got back from WDW Thursday night. We had a great time, but boy was it warm! I was really hoping we'd have some cooler temps (we had snow in Houston 2 days before we left!) I haven't been through our pictures yet. I did get pics of DD's outfits posted to my blog before we left... http://karamatdesigns.blogspot.com and I'll probably do a mini-trip report there.

We did see a few customs on our trip, including a GREAT Chef Mickey's outfit!

Friday DH gave me my Christmas present - a Janome 6600 sewing machine. He ordered it from a local shop and they got it in while we were away. He was going to hide it until Christmas, but then thought that was silly since I still have Christmas and birthday (DD turns 2 on the 27th) sewing to do. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet... if I had any time off left for the year I'd be tempted to stay home from work one day next week just to play with it! I'm still amazed that I went through 10 sick days, 25 vacation days, and 2 personal days this year and still want more time off :rotfl: that's why I purchased an extra week of vacation for next year!!

Glad you had a good trip. YEAH!!! on the Christmas present! Your DH sounds like a keeper!

I went to your blog for the first time. I have to admit, it was hard to look at the clothes because I kept drooling over the fabric behind them. Where those taken in your sewing room? :eek:

I LOVE the nie nie skirt--so adorable--and the kitty quilt!!!

I am hopelessly behind but I did skim and I LOVE all of the pics and trip report pics!! You gals are doing an awesome job!!! I saw many happy faces!!!!

I do have one pic I never shared from our trip by Minnie's sewing machine...I think its a requirement for being on this thread...:rotfl2:

th_DisneyNov2009173.jpg

I really have to get sewing so I have something to show you guys...I still sew...really I do! lol

cute! Yes, I think we all take that photo. :thumbsup2

I am SO GLAD I am caught up on this thread! I miss you guys when I'm not here, and when I get behind it always feels so overwhelming. I don't want to miss anything, so I end up waiting until I have a big block of time to catch up (and you know how often that happens.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter