Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I posted...again...but I am a faithful lurker. I've been a busy little bee at the sewing machine. I love it, and I don't know why I didn't pick it up earlier. I have a very girly girl who loves to wear dresses. Thanks for the compliments on the Snow White and Pirate Costumes, they really were my very first attempts at sewing. I just started sewing 4 months ago. But now that I've discovered CarlaC (and she has all my money), all my Simplicity patterns on crinkly tissue (luckily only $1 at JoAnn) can sit unused for all I care.

Thanks for the advice on getting out the spaghetti sauce stains. I used dish detergent and really rubbed it in with my fingernails and you can barely see the spots. I was too chicken to use bleach.

So here goes the gallery of recent projects:

The Snow White and Pirate for Halloween (it was a little chilly, hence the turtle necks). DD didn't like the cape, so I didn't make her wear it. Thanks for the advice Mom2rtk about the hook and eye so it didn't choke her. She still just didn't like it.
IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

Simplicity A-line with Mickey and Friends in wreath frames. Not as easy as CarlaC's A-line, which I now love! Hopefully she can wear this next yr to MVMCP.
IMG_3469.jpg

The infamous Tinkerbell twirl skirt and Simply Sweet top complete with hardly visible spaghetti stains.
IMG_3463.jpg

"Paper Doll" dress that I CASEd from a picture on YCMT and made w/o a pattern. I should've just bought the pattern because the bodice strip is a little snug...and this was also my first attempt at applique.
IMG_3468.jpg

CarlaC A-line and Easy Fit Pants. The applique is a "curlz" font lowercase M with Font size 300 on Microsoft Word. Easy peasy. But oops. Too big. Oh well, she can wear them next year maybe. I buy her a size 5 top and size 4T pants at the store, but discovered that CarlaC's sizes are more true to size, a 4 top and 3 bottom. I really loved how these turned out. I bought the fabric just because it was pretty, and it turned out great for this outfit.
IMG_3466.jpg

By special request...a frog dress! Princess thinks she is a frog. Ribbit-ing and hopping from room to room. I designed this applique myself. Her teachers loved it and just gushed about it last week. The reverse side is another monogrammed M, and I made navy poplin easy fits with the polka-dot cuffs to match that side too.
IMG_3472-1.jpg

And yesterday, I made her a Cars dress. The reverse side is McQueen, Mater, and friends with a blue background. Her all time favorite movie is Cars, but there is no commercially available Cars clothing, let alone, a dress, for girls. She has a matching Cars bow and clippie that I made a while back, and I made her some ruffled ribbon socks from my leftover Cars ribbon. I used my new serger (Brother 1034D) but it was difficult--I stretched the sock over the free arm and laid the ribbon on top, but there were some gaps where the serger didn't catch the sock. Any advice? She loves the dress and had to wear it to school today. I'm sure she is the only girl in school with a Cars dress!
IMG_3483.jpg

Now I need to get over my love of the A-line and Easy Fits and move on to the other CarlaC dresses....

yes i am insane i having working mom guilt and feel like i should be doing more so i sometimes get a lil cuckoo....and if it wasn't for my equally insane disboutiquer friends i would have never made 20 crayon rollups last year and felt the need to out do myself this year
You're absolutely right! I think we're all a little cuckoo!

I just finished this up for a friend. She wanted a nemo stripwork jumper for her daughter.

th_IMG_1087.jpg
That is so cute, Shannon!! She'll love it!

That is so cute!!

I LOVE this picture!!! That is so pretty! All of the outfits and costumes looked great! I think the raggy bandages made your little mummy look even more authentic! Very cute poodle skirt, too!!

This has very little to do with sewing...but I wanted to share with you guys because you are my Dis-connection!

I just finished sewing the "Bear Chair" for my daughter's school fund raiser, and hubby and I had to hop on a plane for a conference in Orlando. This is the first time we've gone on a trip without children...since before they existed!

So after spending two straight days in lectures and whatnot, we decided to go to Hollywood Studios. (and felt like we were cheating on the kids!)

I had packed the Mickey-head shirts I had hand embroidered for the whole family before our trip on June...just in case we got to go!

So....I don't know what compelled me to do it. Really! We were walking by the American Idol Experience building, and the guy waved me over. I didn't even realize what it was, because I'm oblivious to the TV world. I've heard of the show, but never actually watched it... I thought it was a big karyoke "game."

So I go inside with Hubby. They put me in a room with a "producer" who tells me that he likes our "bootleg" shirts, and that they are "actually pretty good ones," whatever that means! He said, you're pretty good, but you need to loosen up a little bit. I'm going to send you up to the next audition!

So I went through the next audition, just sure that would be the end...and got picked to be in a show! They had me go to "hair and make-up" and see a vocal coach, and all-of-the-sudden I was on the stage. It was surreal!!!!

The crazy part was... I won the show! I'm a 36 year old mother of 2 wearing a mickey-head t shirt! How can this happen? And the even bigger question: How can this happen on an unplanned trip to Disney when I wasn't even going to tell the kids we went?

So I got to be in the finale show that night! I didn't win that one, but it was so amazing to be a part of it. Wow! I still can't believe it happened!

I guess I get what I deserve for going without the kids. The people handed me two photopass cards with pics from both of the shows. I didn't even know we were going to go to the park that day, let alone pre-order a photopass. Don't I have to buy the cd now? I mean, this is never going to happen to me ever again, right?

And by the way...I didn't see a single custom the whole day. Isn't that weird?

Jenny
WOW!! I am VERY impressed!! When we saw that show, I was really impressed with the singing. So, I am even more impressed that you actually won your round! What fun!!

This is totally off topic but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. DGD5 called me earlier to tell me she was watching " Princess Diarrhea 2". My DD was dying laughing and had to let her call me and tell me. DD then corrected her by telling her it was Princess Diaries 2.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Tell your DGD I've been there! I once ran to tell my mom "David is reading Teresa's brown diarrhea!!" Yes, she had a brown diary.

Ooops, I lost some of the pictures! I love the aprons! I've been meaning to make one like that for myself for 2 years now! The trash bag is really neat, too!

Ooohhh...those are SO pretty!

The Pooh looks great!! Oh my gosh, I LOVE the Toy Story Maniac applique!!! That is so clever!! Of course, I love the POP shirts, too!! I loved wearing those when we arrived at POP! I never got a picture of the 3 of us in them, though.

What fun!! Those are really cute!

That is beautiful!! I love it!!!

th_IMG_3441.jpg
th_IMG_3445.jpg
th_IMG_3469.jpg
th_IMG_3463.jpg
th_IMG_3466.jpg
th_IMG_3472-1.jpg
th_IMG_3483.jpg

Now I need to get over my love of the A-line and Easy Fits and move on to the other CarlaC dresses....

Snow White- I'm VERY impressed!!! That looks great!
Pirate- very cute....er...very cool!!
Christmas A-line- so cute!
Tinkerbell twirl- I would love to see a bigger picture!
Initial A-line and easy fits- I love the fabric you used- so pretty!
Frog outfit- I LOVE IT!!
Cars dress- Perfect!

You've been busy! I would suggest the portrait peasant, the simply sweet, and then the precious dress!:thumbsup2

I will hopefully post a few pictures of the turkey costume I made for my son's preschool teacher and of him in his pilgrim costume this week. The program is Friday. Until then, I wanted to share with you ladies what I did with my two little ones on Veteran's Day while we were at home. Hope you all enjoy their "artwork".

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

I let me boys do all the painting on the pumpkins. They strung the beads for the turkey too. We had a blast!

Dawn
Great job! I love the gourd turkey - what a cool idea! If I can find some more gourds here, I want to do that with my kids - but our rot here so quickly that they usually aren't in the store this time of year...

So, I fell of the face of the Earth for a little more than a week. Kaedyn had cheer competition this past weekend and I was in charge of organizing the goodie bags for the troops. Cheer Power was accepting them and would pay to ship overseas. So, we managed to collect and package 114 :) We were very proud of ourselves!!!

Kaedyn won her competition! Yippee!! Then, yesterday I finished the outfit I had been working on. I only have 15 days left. So, I need to get sewing!!!

Here is my version of the Cindy princessified Simply Sweet. The script on the back says...A dream is a wish your heart makes. I can't wait to catch up and see what everyone has been working on. I am always so inspired!!!

100_6002.jpg

100_6003.jpg

100_6004.jpg

100_6006.jpg

Amazing dress! Just love it! And your little one is a total cutie, too!

Cibahwewah, LOVE all your stuff! I need to get that A-line pattern - I made a simplicity one, and it just looks weird - wearable, but weird. Carla's stuff rocks, which is why I keep making simply sweets over and over...

I will hopefully post a few pictures of the turkey costume I made for my son's preschool teacher and of him in his pilgrim costume this week. The program is Friday. Until then, I wanted to share with you ladies what I did with my two little ones on Veteran's Day while we were at home. Hope you all enjoy their "artwork".

th_DSC00742.jpg

th_DSC00741.jpg

I let me boys do all the painting on the pumpkins. They strung the beads for the turkey too. We had a blast!

Dawn
How cute! I bet the boys had a great time making those!

Everything looks great. I may need to invest in the hot pad pattern. Mine get trashed so readily.

Very neat looking! Are those iron ons that you are stitching around?
Thanks! The hot pad pattern is FREE on ycmt!:thumbsup2

I use heat & bond light to make the fabrics iron on and then satin stitch around the edge.

So, I fell of the face of the Earth for a little more than a week. Kaedyn had cheer competition this past weekend and I was in charge of organizing the goodie bags for the troops. Cheer Power was accepting them and would pay to ship overseas. So, we managed to collect and package 114 :) We were very proud of ourselves!!!

Kaedyn won her competition! Yippee!! Then, yesterday I finished the outfit I had been working on. I only have 15 days left. So, I need to get sewing!!!

Here is my version of the Cindy princessified Simply Sweet. The script on the back says...A dream is a wish your heart makes. I can't wait to catch up and see what everyone has been working on. I am always so inspired!!!

th_100_6002.jpg
Congrats to your DD!:woohoo: LOVE your Cindy!!!

It's been a while since I posted...again...but I am a faithful lurker. I've been a busy little bee at the sewing machine.

CarlaC A-line and Easy Fit Pants. The applique is a "curlz" font lowercase M with Font size 300 on Microsoft Word. Easy peasy. But oops. Too big. Oh well, she can wear them next year maybe. I buy her a size 5 top and size 4T pants at the store, but discovered that CarlaC's sizes are more true to size, a 4 top and 3 bottom. I really loved how these turned out. I bought the fabric just because it was pretty, and it turned out great for this outfit.
th_IMG_3466.jpg

By special request...a frog dress! Princess thinks she is a frog. Ribbit-ing and hopping from room to room. I designed this applique myself. Her teachers loved it and just gushed about it last week. The reverse side is another monogrammed M, and I made navy poplin easy fits with the polka-dot cuffs to match that side too.
IMG_3472-1.jpg

And yesterday, I made her a Cars dress. The reverse side is McQueen, Mater, and friends with a blue background. Her all time favorite movie is Cars, but there is no commercially available Cars clothing, let alone, a dress, for girls. She has a matching Cars bow and clippie that I made a while back, and I made her some ruffled ribbon socks from my leftover Cars ribbon. I used my new serger (Brother 1034D) but it was difficult--I stretched the sock over the free arm and laid the ribbon on top, but there were some gaps where the serger didn't catch the sock. Any advice? She loves the dress and had to wear it to school today. I'm sure she is the only girl in school with a Cars dress!
th_IMG_3483.jpg

WOW! You have been busy! Love everything! Thanks so much for saying what font you used on the applique! Love your Cars A-Line! I started sewing again in the spring of 2008 after a near 20 year break so that I could make my DD a Cars shirt!

Ooops, I lost some of the pictures! I love the aprons! I've been meaning to make one like that for myself for 2 years now! The trash bag is really neat, too!

Ooohhh...those are SO pretty!

The Pooh looks great!! Oh my gosh, I LOVE the Toy Story Maniac applique!!! That is so clever!! Of course, I love the POP shirts, too!! I loved wearing those when we arrived at POP! I never got a picture of the 3 of us in them, though.
Thanks! I wasn't crazy with the Simplicity pattern-I thought the apron was a bit on the short side and a bit small (I made the large). I hope it fits my niece a lot better than me. I would like to figure out how to enlarge the child's version. I'm sure I could figure it out but just don't have the time right now.

The first trash bag I made I didn't read the directions-only looked at the photos and I ended up with the seam of the bag smack in the middle of the front.:headache: That bag is hanging in my car now but I might put it in DH's so I don't have to look at it everyday.:laughing: That plastic was much easier to work with than I expected. I was super easy to cut which surprised me.

Thanks for the compliments on Pooh & Toy Story Maniac. I usually don't like things I've made for a few days but I have to say I'm pretty happy with Pooh. I've had that Toy Story Maniac idea in my head for months & months. I even bought the yellow dot fabric for it in the spring but I never take the time to make myself anything. I'm very excited to have it completed.

[quote/]
Snow White- I'm VERY impressed!!! That looks great!
Pirate- very cute....er...very cool!!
Christmas A-line- so cute!
Tinkerbell twirl- I would love to see a bigger picture!
Initial A-line and easy fits- I love the fabric you used- so pretty!
Frog outfit- I LOVE IT!!
Cars dress- Perfect!

You've been busy! I would suggest the portrait peasant, the simply sweet, and then the precious dress!:thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

All I have are these pics...but here ya go!
IMG_3463-2.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

I had to throw in the obligatory twirl-in-action photos. Every morning when I help DD get dressed for school, she has to try out a "ballerina" twirl of her dress, run a lap around the house to see if her shoes are "fast", and have a fight with me over what to do with that curly curly hair for the day. "No spray, no comb Mommy." And whatever bow or clippie she picks out rarely matches, but usually we compromise. Oh to be 3 again.

Hi Everyone! I have been here lurking...Big things for us. A job change, we moved (again) and the girls are both very busy with activities. I have been busy sewing. I don't remember if I posted this set or not...if so..sorry.
IMG_2305.jpg

Is anyone making any planet 51 stuff?..the movie comes out soon...groan..

th_100_6002.jpg

th_100_6003.jpg

th_100_6004.jpg

th_100_6006.jpg
That turned out beautiful! Love the embroidery.

I think I can get it done...it's just between that and actually packing I'm not sure. LOL. I'm doing one outfit at a time and we'll see where I end up. Thanks for bringing the shirt by (I know you wont' see this to later though).

I've never heard of fabric hut....where is it?

That stinks about the house in RI. We were lucky to buy here right before the spike also. I think this area is different than most with all the military moving in and out. There is always a new buyer moving into the area so that keeps us from having a really bad market.
OK, I showed up a hair after 9am and every single door was locked and the box office didn't open until 10am. I will actually be in the area again Wed morning as I have an appt at Pembroke 1 at 9:30am. If that doesn't work PM and we'll figure something out.

Fabric Hut is somewhere on East Little Creek Rd in Norfolk. I was tempted to go there today as I was frustrated at Joann's. I took me two hours to find fabric that's "acceptable."

It's been a while since I posted...again...but I am a faithful lurker. I've been a busy little bee at the sewing machine. I love it, and I don't know why I didn't pick it up earlier. I have a very girly girl who loves to wear dresses. Thanks for the compliments on the Snow White and Pirate Costumes, they really were my very first attempts at sewing. I just started sewing 4 months ago. But now that I've discovered CarlaC (and she has all my money), all my Simplicity patterns on crinkly tissue (luckily only $1 at JoAnn) can sit unused for all I care.

Thanks for the advice on getting out the spaghetti sauce stains. I used dish detergent and really rubbed it in with my fingernails and you can barely see the spots. I was too chicken to use bleach.

The Snow White and Pirate for Halloween (it was a little chilly, hence the turtle necks). DD didn't like the cape, so I didn't make her wear it. Thanks for the advice Mom2rtk about the hook and eye so it didn't choke her. She still just didn't like it.
th_IMG_3441.jpg

th_IMG_3445.jpg

Simplicity A-line with Mickey and Friends in wreath frames. Not as easy as CarlaC's A-line, which I now love! Hopefully she can wear this next yr to MVMCP.
th_IMG_3469.jpg

The infamous Tinkerbell twirl skirt and Simply Sweet top complete with hardly visible spaghetti stains.
th_IMG_3463.jpg

"Paper Doll" dress that I CASEd from a picture on YCMT and made w/o a pattern. I should've just bought the pattern because the bodice strip is a little snug...and this was also my first attempt at applique.
th_IMG_3468.jpg

th-IMG_3466.jpg

th_IMG_3472-1.jpg

th-IMG_3483.jpg

Everything is fantastic. I really need to buy the A-line. I thought about getting it before our trip, but thought I better stick with things I've already done.

Hi Everyone! I have been here lurking...Big things for us. A job change, we moved (again) and the girls are both very busy with activities. I have been busy sewing. I don't remember if I posted this set or not...if so..sorry.
th_IMG_2305.jpg

Gorgeous!!!! What pattern is the top? I love the look. Sorry, never heard of Planet 51. I've either been cooped up in my laundry room sewing or outside cleaning storm debri -- or at the fabric stores (see, I get around!).

DD gets a Vida with my first huge applique. I'm pretty happy with it except had a little trouble on small round things, like Pooh's nose/Piglet's nose. The eyes are painted, but all the eyebrows I appliqued :woohoo: The pastel batik fabric that I bought from Nicole (in CT) was my inspiration. I was a little worried how a batik applique would look, but I'm really happy with it.

DS likes Darby best and I detest appliqueing on knit as I always mess it up, so I painted his t and am thrilled with the results. As Heather suggested, Darby had a slight color change in her shirt and headband so ds wasn't sporting lavendar.

I have since read that Darby can be found in DHS so I guess now I will have to drag these outfits there and do wardrobe changes if we can find her. DH is going to think I really went off the deep end. Is Darby in MK at all???????

DD loves Roo, so if I have time(which I won't) I may add Roo to the back of the Vida.

First pic is front of dress, second is back, then applique and t close ups:

CPVida.jpg

CPVidaback.jpg

CPApplique.jpg

CPDarby.jpg

Just popping in for a minute and I saw these. You did an awesome job! I hope to run into your customs, I mean you and your family, while we are there. If you see my customs, I mean my family, be sure to say something. My husband will think you are crazy, but he thinks that about me so it won't matter.

I must go sew now. I have a few more disney things...I've been procrastinating with the t-shirt appliques, and someone misplaced a bunch of costumes for our church's Christmas program. I volunteered to help. What was I thinking!?!

OK, I showed up a hair after 9am and every single door was locked and the box office didn't open until 10am. I will actually be in the area again Wed morning as I have an appt at Pembroke 1 at 9:30am. If that doesn't work PM and we'll figure something out.

Fabric Hut is somewhere on East Little Creek Rd in Norfolk. I was tempted to go there today as I was frustrated at Joann's. I took me two hours to find fabric that's "acceptable."

QUOTE]

I sent you a PM Andrea!

This has very little to do with sewing...but I wanted to share with you guys because you are my Dis-connection!

I just finished sewing the "Bear Chair" for my daughter's school fund raiser, and hubby and I had to hop on a plane for a conference in Orlando. This is the first time we've gone on a trip without children...since before they existed!

So after spending two straight days in lectures and whatnot, we decided to go to Hollywood Studios. (and felt like we were cheating on the kids!)

I had packed the Mickey-head shirts I had hand embroidered for the whole family before our trip on June...just in case we got to go!

So....I don't know what compelled me to do it. Really! We were walking by the American Idol Experience building, and the guy waved me over. I didn't even realize what it was, because I'm oblivious to the TV world. I've heard of the show, but never actually watched it... I thought it was a big karyoke "game."

So I go inside with Hubby. They put me in a room with a "producer" who tells me that he likes our "bootleg" shirts, and that they are "actually pretty good ones," whatever that means! He said, you're pretty good, but you need to loosen up a little bit. I'm going to send you up to the next audition!

So I went through the next audition, just sure that would be the end...and got picked to be in a show! They had me go to "hair and make-up" and see a vocal coach, and all-of-the-sudden I was on the stage. It was surreal!!!!

The crazy part was... I won the show! I'm a 36 year old mother of 2 wearing a mickey-head t shirt! How can this happen? And the even bigger question: How can this happen on an unplanned trip to Disney when I wasn't even going to tell the kids we went?

So I got to be in the finale show that night! I didn't win that one, but it was so amazing to be a part of it. Wow! I still can't believe it happened!

I guess I get what I deserve for going without the kids. The people handed me two photopass cards with pics from both of the shows. I didn't even know we were going to go to the park that day, let alone pre-order a photopass. Don't I have to buy the cd now? I mean, this is never going to happen to me ever again, right?

Jenny

That is so awesome, Jenny! Congratulations! You HAVE to get the photos!

I've actually been sewing the past couple of weeks. I hadn't made anything since July.

I've been working on a few Christmas gifts. I made my niece (she's 30 something) and her DD(6) matching aprons and I made one pot holder using the free pattern on ycmt. I still need to make another one but ran out bias binding.

I really like they style of the child's apron-just over the head-no ties. It is the "Child's no tie apron" on ycmt. Not sure I like the adult one-it is a Simplicity pattern-it called for 1/4" bias binding but that was driving me crazy so I gave up and switched to 1/2".
th_DSC_0012-1.jpg

I made my niece's husband and my BIL "trendy trash bags" from ycmt-they hang off a head rest or stick shift.
th_DSC_0005-1.jpg

The aprons, hotpads and trash bag all turned out great!

My oldest DD(10) picked out fabric for me to make her best friend a name pillow for Christmas. Of course she need one too. I still have to sew them shut.

th_DSC_0011.jpg
th_DSC_0009.jpg

I've already got the name sewn out for my youngest DD and hope to make one for my DS. Then I've got plans for at least one maybe 2 more. They are pretty fun!

Very cute!

And I finally started sewing for our trip in 2 weeks.

For my Pooh loving 10 year old. She tends to think she's too old for customes but I think she really loves this.
th_DSC_0001.jpg

And something for me! I've been wanting to make this for months.
th_DSC_0004-2.jpg

I need to stitch these and then I also want to do Christmas Minnie T's. And would love to do Christmas Minnie/Mickey for my friend and her DH that we're going with but I'm running out of time.
th_DSC_0016-1.jpg

Those are great!

th_DSC00742.jpg
th_DSC00741.jpg

Dawn

Cute ideas. I bet they had a blast making them.

th_100_6002.jpg

Congratulations to Kaedyn!

Your Cindy is gorgeous!

th_IMG_3441.jpg

th_IMG_3445.jpg

th_IMG_3469.jpg

th_IMG_3463.jpg

th_IMG_3468.jpg

th_IMG_3466.jpg

th_IMG_3472-1.jpg

th_IMG_3483.jpg

Wow, you've been busy! Everything turned out cute, but the Frog dress and the Paper doll ones are my favorites.

th_IMG_2305.jpg

I can't believe you moved AGAIN and are still finding time to sew. You put me to shame. That dress is amazing!!!

DD gets a Vida with my first huge applique. I'm pretty happy with it except had a little trouble on small round things, like Pooh's nose/Piglet's nose. The eyes are painted, but all the eyebrows I appliqued :woohoo: The pastel batik fabric that I bought from Nicole (in CT) was my inspiration. I was a little worried how a batik applique would look, but I'm really happy with it.

DS likes Darby best and I detest appliqueing on knit as I always mess it up, so I painted his t and am thrilled with the results. As Heather suggested, Darby had a slight color change in her shirt and headband so ds wasn't sporting lavendar.

I have since read that Darby can be found in DHS so I guess now I will have to drag these outfits there and do wardrobe changes if we can find her. DH is going to think I really went off the deep end. Is Darby in MK at all???????

DD loves Roo, so if I have time(which I won't) I may add Roo to the back of the Vida.

CPVida.jpg

CPVidaback.jpg

CPApplique.jpg

CPDarby.jpg

WOW Andrea. Those are amazing. Did you paint that by hand?? Very Nice.

th_CPVida.jpg

th_CPVidaback.jpg

th_CPApplique.jpg

th_CPDarby.jpg

WOW!! How cute and a lot of work. Excellent! I love the noses....if anyone gets close enough to see they aren't perfect then you can tell them to back off....ha!! Very talented!!

Are you sure you didn't do the painting yourself :upsidedow? We received a Wilton Haunted House cookie set for Halloween and I let my kids have it. It turned out hilarious and they had a blast doing it all themsleves. I love the beaded turkey -- are the beads just strung on wire?[/QUOTE]

The beads are just strung on pipe cleaners we cut into thirds. Simple but had a BLAST doing them!

QUOTE]

Just so everyone knows..I'm an idiot. I forgot our front doors don't open until 10am. It's been a long week. I'm hoping Andrea doesn't think I'm a complete moron!

I might have to check out the Fabric Hut. I was going to take a trip over to Walmart tomorrow at lunch.

I sent you a PM Andrea
!

IMG_2305.jpg

Love that! Love those fabrics!

CPVida.jpg

CPVidaback.jpg

CPApplique.jpg

CPDarby.jpg
WOW!!!! Love that Vida! Your applique is awesome! Your painting on the T is so great! My DD(6) would love your painting of Buster!!! She loves dogs. I was thinking of doing some sort of dog custome for her January bday trip.

The aprons, hotpads and trash bag all turned out great!
Very cute!
Those are great!
Thanks!

th_CPDarby.jpg

Those are all amazing! I LOVE the painting. It's wonderful!! We'll be down there the same time as you and I will be keeping an eye out for sure!!

I luckily only have 1 daughter to sew for. I've made 6 outfits so far, and have 4 left + bows!! Only 19 days left!!!! I'll post them eventually...

Jess

Jenny

So exciting!!!

I have to mention that I started to crochet a baby blanket when I was pregnant. I never got to finish it and I still have what I actually did do on it. My son is 20. I thought I was bad

That's amazing! I would definitely order the cd

I think we need to start sharing some picture of these projects!

This is totally off topic but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. DGD5 called me earlier to tell me she was watching " Princess Diarrhea 2". :lmao: My DD was dying laughing and had to let her call me and tell me. DD then corrected her by telling her it was Princess Diaries 2.
That reminds me of a story about Heather. ;)

I've actually been sewing the past couple of weeks. I hadn't made anything since July.

I've been working on a few Christmas gifts. I made my niece (she's 30 something) and her DD(6) matching aprons and I made one pot holder using the free pattern on ycmt. I still need to make another one but ran out bias binding.

I really like they style of the child's apron-just over the head-no ties. It is the "Child's no tie apron" on ycmt. Not sure I like the adult one-it is a Simplicity pattern-it called for 1/4" bias binding but that was driving me crazy so I gave up and switched to 1/2".
th_DSC_0012-1.jpg

Everything really looks cute! I love the fabrics!
My oldest DD(10) picked out fabric for me to make her best friend a name pillow for Christmas. Of course she need one too. I still have to sew them shut.

th_DSC_0011.jpg

I've already got the name sewn out for my youngest DD and hope to make one for my DS. Then I've got plans for at least one maybe 2 more. They are pretty fun!
These are so pretty!

And I finally started sewing for our trip in 2 weeks.

For my Pooh loving 10 year old. She tends to think she's too old for customes but I think she really loves this.
th_DSC_0001.jpg
]

That looks great!

th_100_6002.jpg
]

That is so pretty!!! I love it!
Hi Everyone! I have been here lurking...Big things for us. A job change, we moved (again) and the girls are both very busy with activities. I have been busy sewing.

I was wondering where you'd been!

th_CPVida.jpg

th_CPDarby.jpg

Fantastic!!! I am very impressed! The Darby turned out great!!!

Is there a trick to seeing/opening the bookmarks?

I see a + sign, but nothing opens, ex adult clothing, bags.

help please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter