• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! :wave2:
I finally finished Michelles Big Give Outfit last night. I had a minor incident with the tink applique which resulted in a hole on the side of her hair! :headache: So I had to improvise a little.
I also need the address so I can ship this today. I pm'ed you on the big give board Jessica.

DSCF6567.jpg
DSCF6568.jpg

hmm I don't know why that one is so tiny? Weird!

This one?

201176082_c9f3249b5a.jpg

glinda-wicked-1.jpg

2705127520081202821S600x600Q85.jpg

Glinda's dress really is gorgeous!!!

(And the only reason I know her name is "Glinda" is that I used to work with a woman named "Glenda" who would QUICKLY correct anyone who said she had the same name as the good witch from "Oz"!)

That's the dress! Amazing and as she moved it just looked so light and airy. Thanks for posting! I just bought the soundtrack and am blaring it through my house.

Well, I managed to finish my first two Vidas. The hardest part was picking out the fabrics, followed by encasing the elastic. It was MUCH easier than I thought it would be. My only problem seems to stem from my fabric choices. I'm not overly crazy about the fabrics, but love the way it turned out. I think if I had included the ruffle in the lower seam I would have liked it better.

Now, a couple of pictures:
vida003.jpg

vida004.jpg

vida009.jpg

(edited to add: still need to get buttons and button holes)
Now to decide what fabrics to use for my next two Vidas....

Nini

Great job! I love the peppermint candy fabric. Aren't vidas so fun to make? Choosing the fabrics is like putting a tiny quilt together for me. I used to quilt a lot but don't have time (or energy) anymore so this satisfies my quilting urges.

Hey all! Just poping in to say we are back and Kaedyn's team won 1st place :) Now back to sewing!!!

100_5869.jpg

Well then. CONGRATULATIONS to Kaedyn and her team.

I finally finished Michelles Big Give Outfit last night. I had a minor incident with the tink applique which resulted in a hole on the side of her hair! :headache: So I had to improvise a little.
I also need the address so I can ship this today. I pm'ed you on the big give board Jessica.
DSCF6568.jpg

Looks great. Glad you were able to improvise and the incident didn't totally mess things up.

Great job! I love the peppermint candy fabric. Aren't vidas so fun to make? Choosing the fabrics is like putting a tiny quilt together for me. I used to quilt a lot but don't have time (or energy) anymore so this satisfies my quilting urges.

Funny, I have NO problems putting together fabrics for a quilt. But this dress gave me fits! Maybe because I have been quilting for almost 30 years, and only sewing Vidas for a few days.

My hubby teased me about having so much problems cutting into the fabric! Now I have enough fabric to make about 7 or 8 more dresses!

But my immediate problem is which fabric to use for the boys vests and ties... decisions, decisions, decisions!

Nini

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! The things you guys make!!! I am SO impressed!! I wish I could sow. I have seen the most original disney (and non disney) clothes come by. Especially for the little ones. I really enjoy looking at all your lovely selfmade outfits and I really wanted to say how awesome you guys are :worship:

And I can't deny that I am the teeny tiniest bit jealous :lmao: I mean, it's not that I can't sow on a button... it's just that I can't make it look good :eek:

Yikes! It's been a while since I've been on here. Last week was busy and my in-laws came for the weekend. I swear I try to be patient and understanding but they REALLY annoy me! Everything on here has been beautiful! I'm lots of pages behind so I'm trying to catch up but I know I can't comment on everything! And now I think I'm trying to get sick (not surprising since my in-laws came sick - gee thanks for that!) but refusing to believe it!

I'm not sure there are enough excited smilies to even begin to tell you how excited I was or how great the show was. Benita was there too, but she had seats & where she was the sound was bad. Apparently, they haven't fixed the stadium acoustics for concerts. It was a great show though. I still get a silly smile & want to jump up & down when I think about it. This was our 5th U2 show & it was one of the best.

Yep! We were there and it was so disappointing for me! It was my first U2 concert (wanted to go the last time they were here in Dallas but I had just had Claire) and I've wanted to go to one of their concerts for so long! So frustrating! I don't blame the band at all. The accoustics in the stadium were terrible and Jerry Jones needs to start refunding money! I will never attend another concert in the Cowboys stadium again. Love your pictures though! Jealous of how close you were! And personally, Bono does it for me!

Here are the pics of the stripwork jumper/top and easy fit pants - loved these CarlaC patterns!!! I made them for Kendall's 6th birthday and our trip to the American Doll store in Dallas. She picked out Rebecca for her doll. I had also made Kristin (8) and her doll matching CarlaC peasant blouses - but she refused to wear them - the stinker!!

018.jpg

017.jpg

013.jpg

DSCF6567.jpg
DSCF6568.jpg

Super cute!

Here are the pics of the stripwork jumper/top and easy fit pants - loved these CarlaC patterns!!! I made them for Kendall's 6th birthday and our trip to the American Doll store in Dallas. She picked out Rebecca for her doll. I had also made Kristin (8) and her doll matching CarlaC peasant blouses - but she refused to wear them - the stinker!!

018.jpg

017.jpg

013.jpg

Aw, I'm sorry Kristin wouldn't wear her outfit, they both look wonderful though; I love the fabrics you chose for the stripwork, really great!

Funny, I have NO problems putting together fabrics for a quilt. But this dress gave me fits! Maybe because I have been quilting for almost 30 years, and only sewing Vidas for a few days.

My hubby teased me about having so much problems cutting into the fabric! Now I have enough fabric to make about 7 or 8 more dresses!

But my immediate problem is which fabric to use for the boys vests and ties... decisions, decisions, decisions!

Nini

Hmmm... I think I would make the vests out of the Noel fabric and ties from the green fabric. No matter what you choose, I'm sure they will all look adorable! Good luck.

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! The things you guys make!!! I am SO impressed!! I wish I could sow. I have seen the most original disney (and non disney) clothes come by. Especially for the little ones. I really enjoy looking at all your lovely selfmade outfits and I really wanted to say how awesome you guys are :worship:

And I can't deny that I am the teeny tiniest bit jealous :lmao: I mean, it's not that I can't sow on a button... it's just that I can't make it look good :eek:

Oh, that's how it starts... you think, "I wish I could make that" and before you know it we suck you in and your making multiple outfits for each day of your trip! But really, if you have any inkling to want to learn to sew, you are in the right place. We are a very friendly and helpful bunch!

You guys sure can sew. I need some help. I want to put appliques on some tye-dye t-shirts for the 4th of July. I know it is only Oct. But I do not have a clue how to do this. I mend, I do not sew. Can someone direct me to a web site where I can get a lot of help. I can PM someone, but don't know who. Give me some clues, or PM me. Thanks.

Where can I find the Vida dress pattern? I don't have a little girl, but you guys keep showing that dress with so many versatile designs that I am thinking of making one for a friend's little girl. She is going to school full time and working part time at my sons' preschool to help make ends meet. Her little girl would look adorable in a Vida, and I know they would be appreciative of it, because she wears the pillowcase dress I made for her all the time.

Thanks Dawn!

One more question. What is HeatherSue's shop at Etsy called? I am interested in some of her designs, but I don't know where to go to purchase them. Thanks!

You guys sure can sew. I need some help. I want to put appliques on some tye-dye t-shirts for the 4th of July. I know it is only Oct. But I do not have a clue how to do this. I mend, I do not sew. Can someone direct me to a web site where I can get a lot of help. I can PM someone, but don't know who. Give me some clues, or PM me. Thanks.

Goto the first page of this board and check out the bookmark's page. Heather Sue's awesome tutorial is there and explains how to do it.

Feel free to come back here with questions!

Where can I find the Vida dress pattern? I don't have a little girl, but you guys keep showing that dress with so many versatile designs that I am thinking of making one for a friend's little girl. She is going to school full time and working part time at my sons' preschool to help make ends meet. Her little girl would look adorable in a Vida, and I know they would be appreciative of it, because she wears the pillowcase dress I made for her all the time.

Thanks Dawn!

I bought mine on etsy. PM if you want the seller's name.

One more question. What is HeatherSue's shop at Etsy called? I am interested in some of her designs, but I don't know where to go to purchase them. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure its just "heathersue" Try that but if it doesn't work PM me.

I changed my avatar. DD3 wanted me to use that other picture and I just couldn't look at it anymore. Besides, she is much cuter than me and she is wearing my favorite Vida!

My DD asked for a Jasmine outfit way back in June. I bought applique designs and fabric and that was as far as I got. As I was finishing up sewing she asked where her Jasmine outfit was :confused: So, I sewed and sewed on Sat till 2am and then again this morning to finish it all up...and it was worth every minute. She is loving it!!! I made a "belt" with tulle attached and added some gold braid. And I used the Simply Sweet jumper top with the folded ruffle...makes it shorter than normal. I made Easy Fit pants too. Speaking of which...there is an adult version of the Easy Fits on it way....in the works....and am I excited!!! :banana::banana::banana: The top design is Heather Sue's cutie and the designs on the pants are from Diva Duds...they always stitch out so nicely! :woohoo:

10-17-09007.jpg

Great outfit!!
I love this outfit! Very pretty.
***Fabric Question***

Looking for some insight here.

Our next planned trip (hopefully) will be Christmastime 2010. I've started to think about the fact that I'll have 5 kids to sew for, for 9 days. Not only will that take a lot of time but a lot of MATERIAL!

I'd like to get as much as I can done early. The problem is I'm not sure what all exactly I want to make yet! But I have my eye on some Christmas fabrics and now/right after Christmas is a good time to get them.

How much do I buy? I know the boys will pretty much be living in easy fits and long sleeved tees, maybe with bowling shirts over them.

Let's say I want to make each boy a pair of easy fits and a bowling shirt from the same fabric. I'm guessing by that time they will be in a size 3/4 and a size 5. How much do I get?
For a size 5/6 you need 1 1/8 yards of fabric and 5/8 yards of contrasting fabric
For a size 3/4 you need 1 yard of fabric and 5/8yards of contrasting fabric

then you need 3/4 yard of lining fabric for each shirt.

In the directions she explains how much you need for each "piece" like the collar needs 1/4 a yard. The yardage given for the main fabric is enough to make a solid shirt without any stripes or pieces. I round up and use the extra to be a little picky about where I place my pattern pieces, I don't want headless mickey's running down the front of my shirts!:rotfl2:

I hope this is enough info to get you started. Have you bought the pattern yet?
Well, I managed to finish my first two Vidas. The hardest part was picking out the fabrics, followed by encasing the elastic. It was MUCH easier than I thought it would be. My only problem seems to stem from my fabric choices. I'm not overly crazy about the fabrics, but love the way it turned out. I think if I had included the ruffle in the lower seam I would have liked it better.

Now, a couple of pictures:
vida003.jpg

vida004.jpg

vida009.jpg

(edited to add: still need to get buttons and button holes)
Now to decide what fabrics to use for my next two Vidas....

Nini
I love the vida's
Just stopping by to say hi! We have all been sick for about 3 weeks in our house. The test said we didn't have the flu...but my DR said he is pretty sure we did anyway...the whole "walk's like a duck...must be a duck" thing he says. I have also been in a major downer mood this last week too. I am having major issues with my nephew...the one in college on a full scholarship. I want to give him a good talking too but I don't want to come across as I am lecturing him...ugh! Anyway!

Here is the Big Give outfit I mailed out this weekend.

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

I was going to make a whole Cindy vida...but with everybody being sick, I had to use what I had. I love the way it turned out. Katie approved and even asked me to make one almost just like it for her!

You have all been making some beautiful stuff and I love it all. I have been trying to lurk...but life just gets in the way sometimes!
I love the big give outfit! It is adorable. I hope you are all well soon.
Here is the A-line I made for the granddaughter of a co-worker. It is cord, lined in cotton and it came together nicely. Thanks to those of you that said this would be OK. I also made a little headband to go with it. That went together super fast, and I think I will make more of those.

Very pretty I like that fabric.

DSCF6567.jpg
DSCF6568.jpg

That is so sweet. I think they will love it.

The very first post has a great tutorial by HeatherSue that explains how to applique. Do you have a sewing machine?

Good Luck!

Ok, now I understand what you guys were saying about buying petticoats vs. making them. I am only in the second row and want to throw it at someone...lol. Less learned :worship:

One quick question...when you guys use the simply sweet as princess dresses do you make fuller skirts or go with the directions? I have only made princess dresses with Simplicity patterns before and their skirts were much fuller than what the simply sweet call for...just curious. I am doing a version of Cinderella's pink dress for dd's birthday dinner....in 18 days!

I think we're going to make an unexpected trip to the world!:banana::banana::banana: We didn't get to go in Sept. like we usually do and we've been going through withdrawls.:rotfl2: DD, GoofyG, has been dying to go at Christmas time. I'm still waiting for her to decide if she can afford to go.:confused3 I've found a good deal on a condo and am antsy to get it booked. We have to wait until DGD5 is out of school for Christmas break, so this will be the first time to be there so late in the month. I hope it's not too crowded.:scared1: We are going to try and drive it straight through.:eek::eek: That is the only way we can get 5 days in the parks and still get home before Christmas. If we go that means I have to have all of my Christmas ready before we go, since we won't return home until Christmas Eve.:eek: Keep you fingers crossed!!;)

Ok, now I understand what you guys were saying about buying petticoats vs. making them. I am only in the second row and want to throw it at someone...lol. Less learned :worship:

One quick question...when you guys use the simply sweet as princess dresses do you make fuller skirts or go with the directions? I have only made princess dresses with Simplicity patterns before and their skirts were much fuller than what the simply sweet call for...just curious. I am doing a version of Cinderella's pink dress for dd's birthday dinner....in 18 days!

I've done it both ways and I think they both look great. The ones that I've made for my daughter, I use the measurements as specified in the pattern. The only times that I've made it wider is when it was asked for by customers, and that looks great too.
Here's one with the regular width
IMG_0998.jpg

Here's one with the double width
IMG_0967.jpg

Thanks Dawn!
Banberryplace is also a good source of farbenmix patterns (which the Vida is). Whomever you buy from, make sure they're selling the pattern printed in English.

I think we're going to make an unexpected trip to the world!:banana::banana::banana: We didn't get to go in Sept. like we usually do and we've been going through withdrawls.:rotfl2: DD, GoofyG, has been dying to go at Christmas time. I'm still waiting for her to decide if she can afford to go.:confused3 I've found a good deal on a condo and am antsy to get it booked. We have to wait until DGD5 is out of school for Christmas break, so this will be the first time to be there so late in the month. I hope it's not too crowded.:scared1: We are going to try and drive it straight through.:eek::eek: That is the only way we can get 5 days in the parks and still get home before Christmas. If we go that means I have to have all of my Christmas ready before we go, since we won't return home until Christmas Eve.:eek: Keep you fingers crossed!!;)

Crossing fingers, arms, legs and toes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter