• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a skirt I have been working on for Nikki's 10th bday at WDW. We are going to CRT for Breakfast. I still need to make the shirt but I wanted to show you all the skirt.
The embroidery designs are Heather's I LOVE them! Nikki actually sat watching the machine stitch out all 17 of them! She loved seeing them be created. They stitched out perfect! Heather you ROCK!!!!!
There are 3 castles all in different colors, 3 coaches in different color combos, 2 wands, 6 hearts with different sayings and 3 crowns all different. I think that is it...

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

Once I finish the top I will have her try the whole thing on...

It is lovely. The patterns do come out so very nice.

FABULOUS new creations! You all are such an inspiration daily!

Amy- :hug: I am so sorry for your loss and that families. :hug:

Here is a skirt I have been working on for Nikki's 10th bday at WDW. We are going to CRT for Breakfast. I still need to make the shirt but I wanted to show you all the skirt.
The embroidery designs are Heather's I LOVE them! Nikki actually sat watching the machine stitch out all 17 of them! She loved seeing them be created. They stitched out perfect! Heather you ROCK!!!!!
There are 3 castles all in different colors, 3 coaches in different color combos, 2 wands, 6 hearts with different sayings and 3 crowns all different. I think that is it...

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

Why or why is it so difficult to find a simple 'Ariel' sea foam or 'Belle' yellow?

I want to make a sun dress for the girls...I have my idea...just can't find any fabric suitable for a sun dress! Everything is either too scratchy or too warm. And of course I only have 17 days to make it!

I'm going to go cry quietly in my room for a while...and then go shopping again!

Nini

Why or why is it so difficult to find a simple 'Ariel' sea foam or 'Belle' yellow?

I want to make a sun dress for the girls...I have my idea...just can't find any fabric suitable for a sun dress! Everything is either too scratchy or too warm. And of course I only have 17 days to make it!

I'm going to go cry quietly in my room for a while...and then go shopping again!

Nini

I'm not sure what you have in mind, but for the sundresses that I make, I use quilters blenders fabrics. Sometimes it's difficult to find the exact shade, but I've had pretty good luck so far. Maybe check the quilting section?

OK, guys, I have a slight problem...

I bought some dress-up outfits at a steal at our local consignment sale. I thought I'd use the tops and make tutus for the bottoms. Well, DNiece tried Cinderella on, and the tutu looks great, but the top is too short. I thought about cutting off the middle panel and attaching it to another shirt, but I want something fancy. DS will be in his Prince Charming costume, so I want her to feel equally as special (i.e., not just a Cinderella tshirt). Any ideas? An easy shirt to sew? A cute way to embellish a blue tshirt? Adding material to this shirt? She says the sleeves are itchy, so I'd have to line those somehow if I ended up just adding material. This is for dinner at 1900.

Here's the top:
IMG_8083.jpg

I hiked up the tutu for the purpose of the pic, but it looks more like Jasmerella. :laughing:

I love the idea, and it dosen't look awful to me at all! I do thin a simple ruffle on the bottom of the shirt will solve your issues though.

FABULOUS new creations!
IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

This looks great!

Amy, sorry for your loss. What a tragedy.

DSCF6133.jpg

Liam's outfit
DSCF6132.jpg

Back of the shirt
DSCF6131.jpg

Front of the shirts
DSCF6129.jpg

Aidan's outfit

In other news my sil is in the hospital right now being induced. So we will see our new little niece very soon!! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today. They told her she might have to have a c-section due to issues with her hips. So excited for the new little princess! princess::lovestruc :banana::banana::banana:

DSCF6133.jpg

Liam's outfit
DSCF6132.jpg

Back of the shirt
DSCF6131.jpg

Front of the shirts
DSCF6129.jpg

Aidan's outfit

In other news my sil is in the hospital right now being induced. So we will see our new little niece very soon!! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today. They told her she might have to have a c-section due to issues with her hips. So excited for the new little princess! princess::lovestruc :banana::banana::banana:

The outfits are awesome!! Praying for mama and princess now.

Arrgghhh.....

My little princess 4, wants a fairies outfit for when we go to disney in less than 3 weeks....so...I purchased the simplicity faries pattern and it arrived today.............I'm starting to have a melt down, it looks so hard, I've only previously made the carla c stripwork dress and only started sewing about a month ago!!!!!

Has anyone made one of the fairies dresses using this pattern??? If so could you please let me know how hard you found it

And to top it all off she keeps changing her mind on which fairy she wants to be...aarrrggghhh

Thanks

Sam

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

Beautiful, and just perfect for her age and the occasion!

Nini
Good luck today with your search!

DSCF6133.jpg

Liam's outfit
DSCF6132.jpg

Back of the shirt
DSCF6131.jpg

Front of the shirts
DSCF6129.jpg

Aidan's outfit

Those are so cool! And congrats on the new niece.

Help!!!

I'm trying to attach a twirl skirt to a tee shirt but not sure how to do it.
The skirt seems so heavy ~ should I reinforce the shirt somehow or will it be able to hold the weight of the skirt. :confused3

I am trying to see if there is such a fabric that has the mickey shaped balloons on it, has anyone ever seen any?

First off, I am so sorry to hear about Keri. That is so unbelievably sad. It seems like that all just happened so fast! Praying for her family and for her friends.:hug:

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

This is so wonderful! Great job, and great applique designs! I can't wait to see it with the top!

DSCF6133.jpg

Liam's outfit
DSCF6132.jpg

Back of the shirt
DSCF6131.jpg

Front of the shirts
DSCF6129.jpg

Aidan's outfit

Congrats on the new niece! Prayers that all goes smoothly for her! Love the outfits. The Jedi / Yoda outfit is so funny. That will be so cute! Er, cool, depending how old the boy is ;). (I keep getting reprimanded by my four-year-old, these days for calling him 'cute'. "Not cute, Mom. Cool.")

This is lovely! What a great way to use Heather's designs. I'm thinking of something similar with lots of different characters from different movies.

Nini
I agree with Shannon. Try the quilting sections of your store. I found a lovely green pattern with little gold swirls on it the other day that just screams Ariel.

th_DSCF6133.jpg

Liam's outfit
th_DSCF6129.jpg

Aidan's outfit

Those outfits are great! They will love them!!!!
Congratulations on your new princess. Hope she arrives safe and healthy!

Arrgghhh.....

My little princess 4, wants a fairies outfit for when we go to disney in less than 3 weeks....so...I purchased the simplicity faries pattern and it arrived today.............I'm starting to have a melt down, it looks so hard, I've only previously made the carla c stripwork dress and only started sewing about a month ago!!!!!

Has anyone made one of the fairies dresses using this pattern??? If so could you please let me know how hard you found it

And to top it all off she keeps changing her mind on which fairy she wants to be...aarrrggghhh

Thanks

Sam
Wish I could offer you some help but I think this is beyond my skill level.
I'm sure someone here will have some ideas for you.

Help!!!

The skirt seems so heavy ~ should I reinforce the shirt somehow or will it be able to hold the weight of the skirt. :confused3

I think that if you topstitch the seam, it should hold. I don't know how you could reinforce a t-shirt.
Maybe someone here has some ideas!

I am trying to see if there is such a fabric that has the mickey shaped balloons on it, has anyone ever seen any?

I've never seen any. Although, it would be great! I wish there was a request line into Disney. "Umm, Hello. I'd like to request fabric and scrapbooking supplies be made with the following themes..."

DSCF6133.jpg

Liam's outfit
DSCF6132.jpg

Back of the shirt
DSCF6131.jpg

I love the Jedi Shirt and the Yoda Pants. I will have to see if my very picky 8yo will go for this. He is Star Wars crazy. We just got back from Disney last week. Still trying to recover. We wore Star Wars tshirts on our MGM Day. And he got to do the Jedi Training. He was in heaven. I will post pictures soon.

Help!!!

I make twirl tshirt dresses for DD a lot. I've found that as long as I topstitch, they're fine. Sometimes I also add a trim like ribbon, etc. over the top. When I sew that down, it adds another couple of rows of stitching. But I don't think it "needs" it, DD just likes the way it looks.

I posted already, but if it helps, here's a pic of one I did last week.
IMG_2819.jpg

Yay! I finally made something for our rapidly approaching trip! :banana::banana::banana: It's a little big but hopefully it will fit next year too. I did the pumpkin "by hand" before Heather had hers digitized but she did come out with the cute Boo! design before I stitched up the bodice and it was perfect! :worship: I have Mickey pumpkins cut out to put on black tee shirts for the rest of us. Jayden will probably get a skirt out of the black with orange scroll-type fabric. I need to get busy!

IMG_1463-1.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1469_edited.jpg

Yay! I finally made something for our rapidly approaching trip! :banana::banana::banana: It's a little big but hopefully it will fit next year too. I did the pumpkin "by hand" before Heather had hers digitized but she did come out with the cute Boo! design before I stitched up the bodice and it was perfect! :worship: I have Mickey pumpkins cut out to put on black tee shirts for the rest of us. Jayden will probably get a skirt out of the black with orange scroll-type fabric. I need to get busy!

IMG_1463-1.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1469_edited.jpg

OMG; I Love, love, love, love, love, love this!!! Perfect!!!

Heather

I saw the awesome halloween designs... but ya know, Some of us are planning Christmas trips and really, really, really, really, really need some Christmas designs. Plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssee!

This is adorable, and she looks so cute in it! Makes me wish we were visiting on Halloween!

Heather

I saw the awesome halloween designs... but ya know, Some of us are planning Christmas trips and really, really, really, really, really need some Christmas designs. Plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssee!

I second that! (I know she's got some in the works, though!)

Arrgghhh.....

Thanks

Sam

Got this pattern too and it does look a little scary. Not sure if I have time to make it as we leave in 19 days! I am thinking of casing JHam...look!

IMG_1463-1.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1469_edited.jpg

LOVE THIS! I thinkI just convinced Sara beth to wear this to the MNSSHP instead of a silvermist dress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter