• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 16 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

I wouldn't take kids, it's kind of boring for them. I think it is *ok;* definitely not worth the hype. A lot of people love it though. We always saved it for our date night when the kids were in the kids' club but we haven't been able to get in at all the past few trips.

T
We love the boardwalk for food- Check out Spoodles, I was surprised at how much we enjoyed it-I loved the funnel cakes with chocolate and ice cream at night and then watching the jugglers, piano player on bike, etc.
heres DH with a truffle
We have the same matching shirts that your DH is wearing. I got the dress for me and the shirts for the boys.

I go more by the hip size than the waist size. (Actually I use which ever size fits the larger of the two measurements.) It is easy to use smaller elastic.

Think this might be confusing: What I mean is if the hip size is larger (like a 5)and the waist is a 3, I use the 5.

Thanks, but I went back and looked at where I wrote down her measurements...22.5 IS her hip measurement! Her waist is even smaller.:sad2: I am just going to make the 5 and make the elastic shorter. If it is too big she can always grow into it...by the time she's 10!:rotfl:

How is Le Cellier then? Is it worth taking 5 kids?

Hubby and I had reservations for an anniversary dinner but we had to cancel :(

We went last time and DS fell asleep. LeCellier gave us a bottle of champagne and told us to celebrate. We looked puzzled and the table attendant said because our son fell asleep.

The manager stopped by to say hi and it was just wonderful. Of course with children is good also.

I wouldn't take kids, it's kind of boring for them. I think it is *ok;* definitely not worth the hype. A lot of people love it though. We always saved it for our date night when the kids were in the kids' club but we haven't been able to get in at all the past few trips.

We did Le Cellier in Oct when the girls were 5 and 10 months. They did very well. Claire is a steak eater though, so she was in heaven. We had an awesome waiter who helped keep them entertained. I also had a little notepad and pencil in my bag so Claire could write or play tic-tac-toe, so maybe that helped?:confused3

Just a super quick drive-by to scream out...

WENDY!!! I love the tunic that you made for your mom!!!!

She is absolutely beautiful...the quintessential Patrica!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

It's a Euro pattern that is ony availabe online. It's an actual pattern not an ebook - and you have to trace out the pattern. Don't let that intimidate you though it's a very easy pattern. I got mine on etsy for under $9 with shipping. You can Google Farbenmix Vida and online stores will pop up that carry it, or try ebay and etsy.

oh boy....an actual pattern that I have to trace out? I might have to wait on that! LOL!! Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate it. you ladies are always so sweet. thanks.

My girls have a very kind Auntie (Fairygoodmother) who does all of their sewing. We are going for 10 days and I have 2 girls. I was trying to whittle Aunties sewing list to 5 outfits per girls (which I still think is a lot of sewing). Darla had the talk with me last night at the fabric store that she is the one sewing and if she wants to make 15 outfits per girl than I am to just let her. :eek:

However, I do not want to add any additional outfits than whatever she is already doing. Our current ADR's are:

CRT: The girls do not know about this
Ohana: Sierra's pick
Princess Storybook breakfast: Girls both picked
1900 PF: Olivia's pick
Crystal Palace: Recommended by Disers
Whispering Canyon: In our hotel
Mama Melrose: Hubby's pick
Rose & Crown: Hubby's pick

The other night we where looking at menus and hubby is not finding anything he likes at Mama Melrose or Rose & Crown. The 2 restaurants he chose. :rolleyes1

I got up at 4:00 am on our 90 days to make the ADR's. So I might switch Mama Melrose to 50's Prime Time and Rose & Crown to something else in Epcot depending on what is available.
Wow 4:00 am!

I haven't eaten at Mama Melrose or 50's Prime Time, but 50's Prime Time gets really good reviews on the Dining Review Boards. We have eaten at Rose & Crown a couple times. The first time we liked it a lot, the second time we sat outside and is was way too hot out. We like to try new places on our trips so we are eating at Hollywood Brown Derby and Tutto Italia. We have eaten at Sci Fi Dine In Theatre and the kids love that place. It is really neat.

Are the girls outfits a surprise? Or do you know what she is creating?

Well, I finally finished the Patricia Tunic and gave it to my mom for her birthday present!! She really like it and said it was very comfortable!! What do you think??
DSCN6026.jpg

I saw Carla's post and had to look this up so I could see! You did a FABULOUS job! It looks so great on your mom! I love the fabric you used - and the fit looks great!
Don't you love the pattern? I ended up taking two Patricia's with me to WDW and wish I had a whole suitcase full. They were so comfortable to wear. LOVE them!

oh boy....an actual pattern that I have to trace out? I might have to wait on that! LOL!! Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate it. you ladies are always so sweet. thanks.

I was hesitant to buy it at first because of that, but really it's easy. I use regular printer paper, and tape the pieces together if I need a longer pattern piece.

Le Celuilar is rally good but if your kids dont like steak i would find something different for them we took our granddaughters and they really didnt like it it is more along the adult flavor i think my hubby loves it we are going on this trip, t-rex at downtown is a really neat place and the food is good to but i dont know if it is on the dining plan yet

Ladies and Tom

As you've long ago probably figured out I'm an OBSESSIVE planner. I don't really mind so much if we don't stick to the plan, I just LOVE planning!

I'm trying to get an idea of places for us to eat this next trip where we've never gone before. Please let me know a place you NEVER miss (or hate when you do!) Tell us about your experience and why it was so great for you (pictures, including food are appreciated).

Things to keep in mind:
1. We're on Deluxe Dining so cost isn't a consideration.
2. We will have kids ages 14, 11, 9, 3, and 2 at time of travel
3. We're staying at CSR but will hit ALL parks and don't mind doing resorts (we have 7 park days and 2 travel days)
4. ADRs we have done before include: CRTx2, Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic), Crystal Palace Breakfast, Akershus breakfast, Hoop de Doo.
5. ABILITY TO DO EVEN MORE PLANNING WITH AWESOME CUSTOMS IS A PLUS! (and NOW you know why I brought this question to y'all first!!!)

Ok, I will have a bunch of dining reviews on my lavender ladybug blog as I work on my trip report.
We usually do breakfast and dinner ADRs

Some must do's for us are Crystal Palace(breakfast or dinner), 1900 Park Faire, we usually do dinner but did breakfast and loved that too. We love the Biergarten in Germany in EPCOT. I think your family would like that. We tried the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge and I think it would fit your family really well. It was a lot of fun, but loud (if that's a sensory concern). The only thing we really haven't liked is Tusker House breakfast in AK. We like the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club, the clambake dinner is yummy and breakfast with the characters was good (very convenient to EPCOT)

Hidden gem: The Plaza Restaurant in MK, we had an awesome, quiet lunch here.

We got back from our trip yesterday and as I said I'll be working on our trip report on my lavender ladybug blog. I have Day 1 done so far.

I took some Cinderella pics as per the discussion of her dress and the back yesterday. Hope this helps!
Stage Show
101_0177.jpg

Parade
101_0239.jpg
101_0240.jpg
101_0243.jpg
101_0242.jpg
101_0241.jpg

Close-Ups
cinderellabackparade2.jpg
cinderellabackparade.jpg

It looks like it does have ties/tails to it:goodvibes

I finished my last dress last night. It is kind of bittersweet! I am glad to be done but I enjoyed making them all. I still have six mickeyhead tee shirts to finish, the just need to be sewn.

This is for Animal Kingdom.

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

You do a GREAT job - your daughters are just BEAUTIFUL!!! Have an awesome trip!

Just a super quick drive-by to scream out...

WENDY!!! I love the tunic that you made for your mom!!!!

She is absolutely beautiful...the quintessential Patrica!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

WOW - thank you Carla!!:goodvibes I was trying to put it on the Flikr site, but couldnt really figure it out......any tips from anyone?:confused:

I finished my last dress last night. It is kind of bittersweet! I am glad to be done but I enjoyed making them all. I still have six mickeyhead tee shirts to finish, the just need to be sewn.

This is for Animal Kingdom.

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

This is my try at the bandana dress, the materials are all leftovers from a quilt DD13 and I made last year, they aren't a perfect match but who can tell when she is twirlling??
first here is the well used quilt just incase you want to see
IMG_0772.jpg

and of course we couldn't quilt it without putting in one of these
IMG_0776.jpg

here is the dress
IMG_0768.jpg

and here is the twirl
IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

and the front, I have shortened the elastic around the neck because the weight of the dress pulled it down a lot!!
IMG_0771.jpg

After working with the bandanas I have learned a few things that I will pass on. I soaked them in vinegar and water to help set the dye, dried them in the dryer then ironed them with a hot iron. I ironed them face down because the front seemed to kind of stick a bit, when I did iron them, this also helps to set the dye, they shrunk a huge amount, I would say over an inch each way, I could see then pucker and shrink as the iron touched them. Hope that helps someone.
I also have a pink and orange peti-skirt meeting us at ASMU when we go in 9 days, thanks Aimeeg.

ok finished a couple of new outfits... working on 2 more at the moment :)
Boo Minnie with and without the apron
IMG_9190.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

the a little pumpkin patch dress
IMG_9171.jpg

Lori

Finally I have a few things to share. But first to comment on all the lovely creations recently posted, everything is gorgeous. :)

First up is Carla C's tunic, DD isn't home to model but I love it. It turned out so much better than I expected, just remember I am a beginner, so please be kind !!
LisasFile421.jpg

LisasFile420.jpg

Next up is a portrait peasant in western print for Hoop Dee Doo, I will finish it off with a lightweight denim flouncy skirt, I just need to go to Joanns for the denim !!
LisasFile413.jpg

Next up is a portrait peasant in a patchwork fabric. I love this fabric, I got it at Joann's, it is so pretty.
LisasFile418.jpg

And last but certainly not least my mickey stripwork twirl created using mysweetsunshines blog tutorial, so easy and I love it and so does DD. I think I will try to find a white or orange shirt and do a mickey head in buttons to finish this off. I will only be off work another two weeks with my broken ankle so I have got to get my butt in gear and finish up DD outfits for the trip.
LisasFile409.jpg

LisasFile410.jpg

Everyones outfits are super cute...

help pretty please with sugar on top
my friend just brought over a machine she inherited from her grandma. it is a visetti. i am at a complete loss as to how to help her use it. i think i kind of have it threaded by this side load bobbin is killing me. any advice? thanks

Finally I have a few things to share. But first to comment on all the lovely creations recently posted, everything is gorgeous. :)

First up is Carla C's tunic, DD isn't home to model but I love it. It turned out so much better than I expected, just remember I am a beginner, so please be kind !!
LisasFile421.jpg

LisasFile420.jpg

Next up is a portrait peasant in western print for Hoop Dee Doo, I will finish it off with a lightweight denim flouncy skirt, I just need to go to Joanns for the denim !!
LisasFile413.jpg

Next up is a portrait peasant in a patchwork fabric. I love this fabric, I got it at Joann's, it is so pretty.
LisasFile418.jpg

And last but certainly not least my mickey stripwork twirl created using mysweetsunshines blog tutorial, so easy and I love it and so does DD. I think I will try to find a white or orange shirt and do a mickey head in buttons to finish this off. I will only be off work another two weeks with my broken ankle so I have got to get my butt in gear and finish up DD outfits for the trip.
LisasFile409.jpg

LisasFile410.jpg

These are so cute! I can't wait to see the bandanna top w/ the skirt!

We're a "weird" family in that it's more difficult to have dinner out with our kids so, of course, we try to do it more often. Must be my masochistic streak. We use several strategies to keep them engaged. 1. food early and often. Le Cellier is good for this because they give you bread lots of different kinds, too; we love the pretzel bread! 2. bring crayons 3. bring a deck of cards 4. bring an iphone w/ disney movies on it;) with these strategies will ensure a lovely, tasty dinner; especially if you like cheese soup and steak (great; now I'm hungry)
Ok, I will have a bunch of dining reviews on my lavender ladybug blog as I work on my trip report.
We usually do breakfast and dinner ADRs

Some must do's for us are Crystal Palace(breakfast or dinner), 1900 Park Faire, we usually do dinner but did breakfast and loved that too. We love the Biergarten in Germany in EPCOT. I think your family would like that. We tried the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge and I think it would fit your family really well. It was a lot of fun, but loud (if that's a sensory concern). The only thing we really haven't liked is Tusker House breakfast in AK. We like the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club, the clambake dinner is yummy and breakfast with the characters was good (very convenient to EPCOT)

Hidden gem: The Plaza Restaurant in MK, we had an awesome, quiet lunch here.

We got back from our trip yesterday and as I said I'll be working on our trip report on my lavender ladybug blog. I have Day 1 done so far.

I took some Cinderella pics as per the discussion of her dress and the back yesterday. Hope this helps!
Stage Show
101_0177.jpg

Parade
101_0239.jpg
101_0240.jpg
101_0243.jpg
101_0242.jpg
101_0241.jpg

Close-Ups
cinderellabackparade2.jpg
cinderellabackparade.jpg

Impressive photos!

Wow 4:00 am!

I haven't eaten at Mama Melrose or 50's Prime Time, but 50's Prime Time gets really good reviews on the Dining Review Boards. We have eaten at Rose & Crown a couple times. The first time we liked it a lot, the second time we sat outside and is was way too hot out. We like to try new places on our trips so we are eating at Hollywood Brown Derby and Tutto Italia. We have eaten at Sci Fi Dine In Theatre and the kids love that place. It is really neat.

Are the girls outfits a surprise? Or do you know what she is creating?

This is our first trip to Disney World so I think my planning has kicked into high gear. At Disneyland you do not have to make your ADR's nearly as early and I thought for DW I had to make them on my 90 day mark. ;)

Since I go to the fabric store with her to buy the fabric I do have a general idea of what she is making. The girls also put in requests like Anastasia and Drizella. For the day we go to Mama melrose I know she is making them black & white outfits. I think more than the outfits not matching the theme I am a little freaked out about the 5 yo eating spaghetti in a black and white outfit. :eek: Even if Darla only puts white in the back you know she would somehow get sauce back there. Although her sister walked around Disneyland all day in this......
DSC00636.jpg

and it was still white at the end of the day! She even had melty ice cream.

I just love that there are other people that understand moving ADR's based on their outfits. :thumbsup2

We took the boys in June. They are not steak eaters but they found something they liked. I think you would be alright taking the kids there.

cinderellabackparade.jpg

YEAH!! THANK YOU!!!! (OK... Am I pathetic, or what???) I really thought it had no tails, but now I see they are long and flowing.... Now I just need a bit of time to finish it up.... The sickness overtook me yesterday though, and I ordered more of the mesh overlay fabric. I want to take the skirt off and do a double layer of the mesh......... I'll post pics when it's done!

Mission accomplished! Thanks again!

I had this Mickey made and delivered to our table at California Grille- we used to ALWAYS book a table to view the fireworks from and celebrate our anniversary- but then they stopped turning down the lights and playing the MK music- and it wasnt quite as magical.
I was then able to have them take Mickey back and deliver to our room with the strawberries.

The two times we went to Cali Grill was July 2006 and August 2008 and both of those times they were dimming the lights and playing the music inside the restaurant and on the bridge :confused3 PS love the look of those strawberry's YUM!

Hannah-just cause I thought it was cute. I didnt make the outfit
Look at how big and extra gorgeous she is getting!!! I also love the pictures of your older DD twirling in her Petti :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter