• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 16 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

With the volume of designs you put out I think you are super woman! How cool that you have an excuse to go to DW.. lol.. you can say you have to meet with your artist! So do you make lots of outfits with your own designs or not so much? I soo need inspiration other than Disney sometimes.
Will you be selling the shell design?

Hi, Oh you are so sweet. Truthfully, I am NO super woman. In fact, I spend many a day pulling my hair out trying to find more time for family. If I didn't have my nanny/housekeeper to keep my life in order, my family would have take out pizza every night!

Trust me, I use the artist as an excuse to go to Disney all the time. To dh: oh honey, you know, I really haven't met with Chris. I *really* need to! It always works. :) Now to schedule him in around my ADRs!

I am ashamed to say this, but here goes. I do not make hardly anything for outfits with my own designs. I love digitizing, but when you are doing it for a living and testing etc, it gets to the point where if I do make something, I will often use a design I purchased! Sometimes I use my own. All the projects that my customers submit to me are major inspiration. I think after sitting here these past several days sewing outfits for Disney, my confidence in sewing has increased and I will probably make more for dd while she's still willing to wear the stuff.

As far as the shell design, do you mean the one Shannon used on the ariel dress for Emily? If so, that is already a design in one of my sets. I think it's the "Under the Sea" one. She surprised me by putting that on there as she already had purchased the designs in the past!

Regarding the patchwork twirl dress I'm working on. Here ye here ye! I would like to go on the record and say:

Any internal desire /emotional need that I've repressed all these years to sew ruffly things for my darling little cherub angel girl and make frilly girly things, has now been utterly and completely satisfied and I'm not sure I ever want to gather anything else as long as I live. I cannot even see straight. LOL I got the bottom ruffle done and sewn to the bottom tier. Ruffling the bottom tier now. Starting to see how this all works.

I'm tired, grumpy, hungry...and I'm doing all this for dd to wear to the happiest place on earth. There. I'm human! LOL

BTW, I have the Janome ruffler foot but it is scary looking and I haven't tried it yet..so I'm hand gathering and pinning. I pinned 30 feet or so. I've stabbed myself in the fingers, the belly, my right thigh and please oh Lord I hope I didn't drop a pin so the dog doesn't get it!

I think the kids ate something today....not sure....:confused3

Julie, who thinks she may be PMSing!

Really cute outfit! Is that a top and a skirt or is it attached?

It is a top and skirt, portrait peasant cut at the medium length and patchwork twirl. Just got lucky and the hem on the top fell at the right place. Thanks so much.:flower3:

Hi, Oh you are so sweet. Truthfully, I am NO super woman. In fact, I spend many a day pulling my hair out trying to find more time for family. If I didn't have my nanny/housekeeper to keep my life in order, my family would have take out pizza every night!

Trust me, I use the artist as an excuse to go to Disney all the time. To dh: oh honey, you know, I really haven't met with Chris. I *really* need to! It always works. :) Now to schedule him in around my ADRs!

I am ashamed to say this, but here goes. I do not make hardly anything for outfits with my own designs. I love digitizing, but when you are doing it for a living and testing etc, it gets to the point where if I do make something, I will often use a design I purchased! Sometimes I use my own. All the projects that my customers submit to me are major inspiration. I think after sitting here these past several days sewing outfits for Disney, my confidence in sewing has increased and I will probably make more for dd while she's still willing to wear the stuff.

As far as the shell design, do you mean the one Shannon used on the ariel dress for Emily? If so, that is already a design in one of my sets. I think it's the "Under the Sea" one. She surprised me by putting that on there as she already had purchased the designs in the past!

Regarding the patchwork twirl dress I'm working on. Here ye here ye! I would like to go on the record and say:

Any internal desire /emotional need that I've repressed all these years to sew ruffly things for my darling little cherub angel girl and make frilly girly things, has now been utterly and completely satisfied and I'm not sure I ever want to gather anything else as long as I live. I cannot even see straight. LOL I got the bottom ruffle done and sewn to the bottom tier. Ruffling the bottom tier now. Starting to see how this all works.

I'm tired, grumpy, hungry...and I'm doing all this for dd to wear to the happiest place on earth. There. I'm human! LOL

BTW, I have the Janome ruffler foot but it is scary looking and I haven't tried it yet..so I'm hand gathering and pinning. I pinned 30 feet or so. I've stabbed myself in the fingers, the belly, my right thigh and please oh Lord I hope I didn't drop a pin so the dog doesn't get it!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This was me two days ago! I had this uncontrollable urge to make a patchwork twirl skirt...I forgot how dang long that bottom tier is!

The good news is that the upper tiers go MUCH faster!

Carla

Hrm.. Now I am wondering if I have that set too. I'll have to go look through my harddrive full of designs.. I have a pitiful amount of embroidery designs. It takes me so long to find things that I end up just buying or digitizing something else. I want to make Hannah an Ariel dress like that, and think that shell was the perfect compliment, so I need that set now if I don't have it.
About the twirl skirt.. Can't you use a ruffler foot on your serger and just have it ruffle and serge the tiers together at the same time?? I haven't made one yet, so maybe I am completely off on that. Hannah can't wear skirts, so I haven't made one. I want to make a dress like Miranda, but don't have enough coordinating fabrics to do it. I have lots of fabric.. just not ones that match. :confused3
I have the ruffler foot for my Evolve, and it seems to ruffle pretty good.I'm not sure how those tiers go together though, but I love that it serges the ends off as it ruffles. How handy is that? ;)
I use my ruffler foot for my sewing machine too, but it is a bit scary. It makes alot of noise, and I am always worried it will just break my machine. Also.. I kinda prefer gathers to pleats and with the ruffler foot for the sewing machine you get pleats. On the serger you get gathers though. It isn't terribly gathered though. I guess now I need to make one so I can understand all of you guys frustrations.

It is a top and skirt, portrait peasant cut at the medium length and patchwork twirl. Just got lucky and the hem on the top fell at the right place. Thanks so much.:flower3:
Ah okay. Ya I was thinking it was attached, but figure it was an illusion.
Thanks!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This was me two days ago! I had this uncontrollable urge to make a patchwork twirl skirt...I forgot how dang long that bottom tier is!

The good news is that the upper tiers go MUCH faster!

Carla
Oooh! Can you do it on the serger with serger ruffles? Or does it not go together like that?
I might actually do it if I can do it on my serger. I'm in love with my serger. :love:

There are 126 Disboutiquers on Facebook so far...I didn't even realize that there were that many of us at all...let alone on FB!!!

I redid the Pooh:

SANY2964.jpg

SANY2963.jpg

SANY2965.jpg

What plastic pieces can you put behind the jibbitz? Can you buy just those pieces somewhere? My dd has teh mickey mary jane crocs and we have lost pretty much all of her jibbitz!!!:confused3

I am yet to find them just for sale. Disney is the only place they have them and they are attached to the jibbitz. Alot of people just throw them away! :scared1:

Has anyone done a Remy or Ratatouille custom? Love to see pictures:)

WHAT! I love Ratatouille! I had plans to make Dallas a custom but never did. Just doesn't sound like something you would like. LOL!

I redid the Pooh:

th_SANY2964.jpg

th_SANY2963.jpg

th_SANY2965.jpg

I LOVE the new pooh!

Of course, I can also tell my husband the stress of off this home upheaval and repair is getting to me, so he can either spend $1k on sewing stuff to make me feel better or $3k in therapy! :rotfl2: Think that will work?
:lmao: That is really a great idea! I really do hope that things settle down soon for you and your family. Does that mean no adoption in 3 days??

There are 126 Disboutiquers on Facebook so far...I didn't even realize that there were that many of us at all...let alone on FB!!!
I didn't know we were a section on FB, I just add people as friends. Ummm.

Ok, done crying about my applique at the fair. It just means I need to practice more and get better for next year.

I found 4 so far LOL I have not quite got the "hang" of FB. My BIL found me though LOL

I found you cindee! I wanna be your friend!

Minnevanmom-There is a group called "disboutiquers" if you look at a persons wall it has their groups. click on that and then become a fan and you will be part of the "group".

:lmao: That is really a great idea! I really do hope that things settle down soon for you and your family. Does that mean no adoption in 3 days??

I didn't know we were a section on FB, I just add people as friends. Ummm.

Ok, done crying about my applique at the fair. It just means I need to practice more and get better for next year.

Just search Disboutiquers and we'll pop up

The adoption is still (at this point) scheduled for Friday. It is a financial/medical coverage difficulty, so we'll be hurting a bit in those areas just when we find Ferb needs a lot more services!

Hey Kris a teen...... I started the dress :lmao: I cut out the top skirt LOL. I still have 12 hours LOL

You've gotten further than me!! I ate dinner and now I'm heading to my monthly Starbucks "meeting"- although I'm all set up to get some sewing done when I get home

A DISBoards Admin closed the swap thread b/c someone mentioned the word "paid' when referring to some fabric Linnette had "traded" for. Anyhow, I PMed the admin and would appriciate if some of you who use the board would too, because it is a valuable source for "swapping" especially harder to find fabrics :goodvibes

A DISBoards Admin closed the swap thread b/c someone mentioned the word "paid' when referring to some fabric Linnette had "traded" for. Anyhow, I PMed the admin and would appriciate if some of you who use the board would too, because it is a valuable source for "swapping" especially harder to find fabrics :goodvibes

Thank you, you're right. When I realized my mistake (yes, I am sorry) I PM'd another board member about OMG what do I do?!?! Um yeah, I should have PM'd the mod. Totally did not think of it in my "Oh I messed UP!" panic moment.

(I'm SO sorry, I thought I was repeating correctly something for someone who no longer has board access and obviously got things screwed up in our communication. Next time I think I will have someone give me "WORD FOR EXACT WORD" what to say and just copy/paste.

Sorry. Yes, I'm the annoying screw up little sister of the disbo board. :(

HELP!

I'm in the middle of a stripwork skirt for my 2 year old... How do I know when I have enough panels sewn together? Any idea how long it needs to be? I did the 2" at the top and 5" at the bottom thing, but I'm not sure how long the top needs to be to make it really spinny. I have a pettiskirt to go under this so I don't want it to be too tight when I gather it up.

I hope I'm making sense! THanks!

:dance3: I found you guys on FB! :dance3:

Madi Let me take some pics of her outfit I made it was originally for Abby but she Loved it so it ended up Madis!
Madi004.jpg

Madi008.jpg

Madi005.jpg

Madi009.jpg

I love her "Fancy poses" as she calls them

Here are the fabrics I bought
Madi010.jpg

Madi011.jpg

Madi014.jpg

Also we have been Adopted! By a cat Madi named Smelly Cat we call him Mel for short. He looked as if he rose from Pet Cemetery when he first arrived.
Mel003.jpg

KatieandMel001.jpg

I think I'm the only person I know on this earth that would take a c section any day over another natural childbirth. That said, my c section ob was absolutely *amazing*..I had full confidence in him. For me, the recovery was *much* easier than the natural childbirth (took me weeks to be able to walk normal again!). That was just plain traumatic in more ways than one. Also, maybe the fact that they were scheduled made it a little easier? No labor, then emergency c section. I can imagine that would intensify the recovery. I had the whole horrible shaking stuff after all births..and the first one was no drugs. I know a lovely lady thas has had 12 children. She can drop a kid and is literally working in her garden the next day. I think that's awesome..but it sure isn't me!:)

Sigh...trying to decide if we're going to go for one more before I'm too old!

Julie

Nope _ you aren't alone! My first one was a 4th degree tear, 2nd and 3rd didn't help that situation at all - by the time I had my DD, I needed a c-section b/c of what all the boys had done to the exit! My c/s was much easier than my 1st and 3rd births.

Stadol - that is pure evil - I had the same experience as another poster with passing out and waking up on top of contractions. My stadol baby ended up being a nurse delivery b/c I couldn't tell them I was pushing and my water had broken. It was awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter