• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 16 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Hi Guys. It's been a LONG time since I have been over here. I do keep up with the tread, by looking at all your creations, but i don't have time to read and post so I just admire from afar. I am looking for some fabric, and was hoping someone out there would be willing to part with theirs. I can't find it on the selling sites, and I am pretty sure it's long gone out of the stores. I got mine at Joanns. Anyway, if someone here has some they are willing to part with please PM me. :goodvibes:

2009-08-02.jpg

I a pic last week of a dress that I made for my DD. See below...

Well yesterday while at church, they were cutting and she accidently cut her dress. I tried to do a zig zag stitch but it was not working. It was making little wholes where the needle stitched. I don't know what to do short of cutting the 2" or so off the bottom and making it shorter and having her wear leggings with it. I am so upset. I even thought of putting something over it. I have red rick rack and more of the mickey head, and some small zebra ribbon. It just looks a little off... when I held it up to it. Thanks for any help...

Before.....

th_045.jpg

After......

th_011.jpg

I would just cut the bottom off above the cut and add a ruffle!

Hi Guys. It's been a LONG time since I have been over here. I do keep up with the tread, by looking at all your creations, but i don't have time to read and post so I just admire from afar. I am looking for some fabric, and was hoping someone out there would be willing to part with theirs. I can't find it on the selling sites, and I am pretty sure it's long gone out of the stores. I got mine at Joanns. Anyway, if someone here has some they are willing to part with please PM me. :goodvibes:

2009-08-02.jpg

We have a fabric swap thread - you may have more luck there. There is a link in the first post to it :)

Castle, I love your Back to school dress! Adorable!

I also really liked the princess sundresses. They are gorgeous and they look so comfortable.

Here is the new scrounchie bag I made with some Sis boom fabric. I enlarged the pattern because I like my bags big. I also forgot to take pics of the inside. OOPS! My stuff is all in it so no pics. I put 2 pockets.
I Did a contrast of Sisboom libby fabric around the top and the inside and I wanted it for the bow too but I didn't have enough....
IMG_1436.jpg

back
IMG_1437.jpg

Oh and I just booked at my ADR's for our upcoming trip and I got CRT for breakfast on Nikki's 10th bday! That was her request:thumbsup2
DH request was LeCelier and we got it too!
We also booked :
Jiko's dinner
Ohana's breakfast with friends
Citricos dinner
Tusker house Breakfast
SciFi dine in Dinner
Boma breakfast
Liberty Tree Dinner which I hate but DH and Nikki love it:confused3
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Narcoossee's Dinner
Crystal Palace last breakfast

What do you all think???

Back to see what else I missed!
Cute bag and Great ADR's!
Here is my latest for my little one. I was about to give uo last night! After almost finishing the dress, I realized I had not done the bottonholes. Well, one of the buttonholes woukld not work! After trying twice, and ripping it out twice, I had to just sew the one strap on. Thankfully I can still get it on and off her. Hopefully I will be able to at the end on Sept as well :eek:

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg
Your girls are adorable. I love the dress!
I had to put them in photobucket- So now I know I haven't posted these on here!
Sorry I couldn't find many with out a bunch of other peoples kids in them.So here is lucas and sophia in their outfits. The other picture is the mushu cake and dessert sushi.
DSCF5591.jpg

DSCF5556.jpg

These are from the baby shower:
DSCF5725.jpg

DSCF5698.jpg

And these are my favorites from our trip:
DSCF5897.jpg

DSCF5951.jpg

DSCF5876.jpg

DSCF5912.jpg

I have a share site set on shutterfly with the rest of the trip pictures. If you are interested you can check there or pm me.

Wow. I love the outfits and the cake! Looks like a nice party. I love the pictures from your vacation too.

Adi. . . I sent you a PM about the bandanas from Hobby Lobby. . .:goodvibes

Adorable outfits! Love the cake! Did you make your DD's outfit? Where did you find the Mulan applique design?
I did make her outfit. :goodvibes I used the simply sweet for the top, made a stripwork skirt added that to the top. I made up the obi. The Mulan, Mushu and little brother designs were from Heathersue. I'll pm you the link.

I love this fabric so much..and would love to do an applique with it...would anyone have two 6 X 6 inch squares?? Wasn't there one too with just children's heads that was similiar?? I think I saw it WAAAAAY back in the beginning of this thread somewhere. I'm one of the new people to this thread and I'm still learning....very slowly I might add....:laughing: What does CASE mean?? I've finally learned to just take my time with the appliquing (sp??), and it's looking a bit better.
Also....where do you all get your t-shirts from? Funny - I bought two from
Hobby Lobby - and then 2 from a different Hobby Lobby...the same sizes, but after getting them home and comparing them....they're so different!! The label is the same on both of them. Where can I get quality shirts that wash up pretty decently??
You all are such a big help...and so friendly to boot!! I love this thread and have become very addicted.....thank you all!! Barb

2009-08-02.jpg

I did make her outfit. :goodvibes I used the simply sweet for the top, made a stripwork skirt added that to the top. I made up the obi. The Mulan, Mushu and little brother designs were from Heathersue. I'll pm you the link.

Got it! Thanks~! Wonderful job on the outfit...I love it b/c its so different from all the other things you see out there. Too cute :)

We had our second baby at home. We didn't bother to tell our family until after the birth ~ I just didn't want to listen to my Mother and sister give me grief for it. And as it turns out, midwife didn't make it on time (I had a really long first labor so wasn't expecting baby #2 to come so speedily) and dh caught (dleivered) our little girl. It was awesome and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I hope for the best for you. I thinks it's great that you chose a birthing center.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me. There is a hospital three miles away, and if need be, I'll go to it. . . and the place I go to is very careful - if there is ANYTHING questionable about your health and such you have to go to the hospital - they won't put you or your baby at risk just because, but people don't understand that. I don't have issues with anyone that wants to go to a hospital - I just want to avoid it if I can. the c-section rate in Miami is over 70%!! And for women who are overweight, like I am, it is over 80% - I don't want a c-section to be the first choice just because I'm fluffy! Plus the head midwife wheer I go has delivered over 10,000 babies! That sound slike experience to me (have you ever seen house of babies - that is where I am going - http://www.miamimaternitycenter.net/). Anyhow, if the baby isn't in a good position or showing any signs of distress it can't be born there, same goes for me. I love the attention and time I am always given there at my appointments and wouldn't change my experience thus far for anything - but our mom's don't agree and my mom doesn't think I can make it without drugs - geeze mom, thanks for the vote of confidence! My grandmother had two of her four at home, and she is the only one that seems ok with it.

Hi all...I have to share some very sad news with all of you today. In the past year and a half you have all been so sweet to pray with me and for me and my Granny as she has battled against many health problems. During each of these times I have been so lucky to have her with me and my family a little longer. Saturday must have been the most wonderful day we all enjoyed in some time. She was in an assisted living facility that was beautiful, clean, great staff, wonderful roommate...it was perfect and she was happy. We had my birthday party at the home with 16 members of my family. She had a great time. We all got to tell her we loved her...I held her hand, kissed her cheek...PERFECT DAY! She enjoyed ice cream and cake...she laughed.

That night at 10:00 she went home to be with my Papa in heaven. I know she missed him so and I think in my heart she knew we were all happy and safe. So, today I miss her, but I know she is happy, she can walk, she can breath with out any trouble...she is healed and happy. I will carry her with me forever and there will NEVER be a time I will not sit at my sewing machine and think of her. When I needed to know how to do something, she was always just a phone call away. I sat in her home at her sewing machine yesterday and knew she was with me...it is a love we will always share. I walk around her house and I can smell the collards she taught me to cook (all good southner has to be able to cook good collards!) or hear the gospel music playing. My heart is breaking for her to be near.

Please say a prayer for her today.:sad1:

Awww, I am so sorry to hear, but she is happy and out of pain. You had a great last day with her and so many wonderful memories. You will always think of her when you are sewing. Or cooking collards. :love: I will keep your family in my prayers. :hug:

I want to publicly thank Marah for her help with this applique design. I couldn't find just what I was looking and Marah was able to help me out. THANK YOU MARAH!

Lightningoutfit001.jpg

Turned out so cute!

I a pic last week of a dress that I made for my DD. See below...

Well yesterday while at church, they were cutting and she accidently cut her dress. I tried to do a zig zag stitch but it was not working. It was making little wholes where the needle stitched. I don't know what to do short of cutting the 2" or so off the bottom and making it shorter and having her wear leggings with it. I am so upset. I even thought of putting something over it. I have red rick rack and more of the mickey head, and some small zebra ribbon. It just looks a little off... when I held it up to it. Thanks for any help...

Before.....

045.jpg

After......

011.jpg

You have gotten lots of good advice. If it were me, I probably would take the black part off the dress and redo the black part of the dress. :confused3 I am never very creative when changing things around. :laughing:

Here is my latest for my little one. I was about to give uo last night! After almost finishing the dress, I realized I had not done the bottonholes. Well, one of the buttonholes woukld not work! After trying twice, and ripping it out twice, I had to just sew the one strap on. Thankfully I can still get it on and off her. Hopefully I will be able to at the end on Sept as well :eek:

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

So cute. Both of the girls are adorable.

I had to put them in photobucket- So now I know I haven't posted these on here!
Sorry I couldn't find many with out a bunch of other peoples kids in them.So here is lucas and sophia in their outfits. The other picture is the mushu cake and dessert sushi.
DSCF5591.jpg

DSCF5556.jpg

These are from the baby shower:
DSCF5725.jpg

DSCF5698.jpg

And these are my favorites from our trip:
DSCF5897.jpg

DSCF5951.jpg

DSCF5876.jpg

DSCF5912.jpg

I have a share site set on shutterfly with the rest of the trip pictures. If you are interested you can check there or pm me.

Love the Mulan party! It turned out great!!! Looks like you had a great vacation!

I had more quotes but who knows where they went? :confused3:confused3
So, if I missed you, I am thinking about you!

Okay. . .you guys have been chatty the last day or so. I was keeping up there for ahwile. I was going to do a multi-quote but there is some work on my desk calling my name so it has to be a quick drive-by post.

T-beri - the baby is adorable and so are all of the family photos. I like the story behind her name too.

I forget who did the back-to-school dress but it looks great - I have a similar material and I think that is going to be my first dress.

Juju - great job on the dresses!

Wendy - I wish my DD was lucky enough to have an aunt as wonderful as you.

Moonk's Mom - sorry to hear about your Granny but it sounds like you had an amazing last day.

I know I am missing a lot but need to get back to work. I hope to get started on my first non-pillowcase dress this week. (Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions on what to start with.)

It is that time of year. I think my kids are the first to go back to school on the board :)
Here they are in front of the house ready to go. JoJo just had to wear those shoes... There are shoes on there way I got online that would have been perfect.. oh well.. and anastasia wanted to wait a day to wear an outfit I made her..
IMG_9140.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg

In JoJo's Class!
IMG_9142.jpg

Anastasia's class.
IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

It is nice and quiet with just me and nicholas here.....

Lori

Well, today begins another week of work for me. I have found a new way to look at it. I have only 35 more actual days of work until we go to Disney. Heck, anyone can do anything for 35 days.

I did start making DH a shirt to match Hunter's and my dress. Unfortunately, DH has gotten into shape, round is a shape and it may be too small for him. I also don't have any more material.

Finally, as Tinka_bell knows so well, if there is a scam for a sewing machine I can find it. I found two scams yesterday, one was obvious the other she told me was the same one someone else here found. The global garage sale one.
I trusted my gut and knew that both were fishy. So it still is just something to keep researching and thinking about.

I also I like the Janome machines. Which is easier to learn and more functional, Janome or Brother?

I have both a Janome and a Brother sewing machine. My Janome is an older model. A computerized 4048 from Hancock's that I bought on clearance for $150, four years ago. It was originally around $500. It is the same as the Decor Excel, I think? I love it. Runs extremely smoothly. Good workhorse machine. My mom has a Janome Quilter's edition and a Gem Gold (she has a Bernina too). My aunt has a fancier Janome (and a Bernina) and really likes hers and they both use their Janomes first, before the Berninas.

I bought my Brother last fall. I had looked at Pfaff, Viking, Bernina, Janome and Babylock to compare. What I liked about the Brother was how user friendly it is. I did buy one with a lot of bells and whistles and I am glad I did because I use them but I would have been happy with just some of the bells and whistles too. The machine is so user friendly compared to the other brands. Plus it has the Disney embroidery patterns in the machine, which is nice.

Comparing the two? The Janome is quieter by far. I don't know if it's because the Brother is an embroidery/sewing machine or what, but it is much noisier and the dealer says it's "normal" noise. The Brother is a lot fussier about thread, etc...but I think that's because it is both sewing/embroidery. There are different bobbin holders for sewing and for embroidery.

The Brother has a lot more bells and whistles, so the Janome isn't used very often anymore. BUT they are both great machines. Good luck finding one, I'm sorry you keep running into scammers. That's so frustrating!

I'm so sad. DD10 isn't interested in anything I'm making. I just made that last Minnie shirt and I asked her if she wanted something like it, but she said no. I'm thinking if I can make something HM-like then she'll be happy. It just makes me so sad that DD7 will have tons of customized outfits, but DD10 won't. Maybe I'll make iron-on shirts for her.

We have a fabric swap thread - you may have more luck there. There is a link in the first post to it :)

Thanks! I will try over there :)

I love this fabric so much..and would love to do an applique with it...would anyone have two 6 X 6 inch squares?? Wasn't there one too with just children's heads that was similiar?? I think I saw it WAAAAAY back in the beginning of this thread somewhere. I'm one of the new people to this thread and I'm still learning....very slowly I might add....:laughing: What does CASE mean?? I've finally learned to just take my time with the appliquing (sp??), and it's looking a bit better.
Also....where do you all get your t-shirts from? Funny - I bought two from
Hobby Lobby - and then 2 from a different Hobby Lobby...the same sizes, but after getting them home and comparing them....they're so different!! The label is the same on both of them. Where can I get quality shirts that wash up pretty decently??
You all are such a big help...and so friendly to boot!! I love this thread and have become very addicted.....thank you all!! Barb

I get most of my shirts from Old Navy and The Childrens Place.
I am sure I have some scraps big enough for you. Please PM me :)

Well, today begins another week of work for me. I have found a new way to look at it. I have only 35 more actual days of work until we go to Disney. Heck, anyone can do anything for 35 days.

I did start making DH a shirt to match Hunter's and my dress. Unfortunately, DH has gotten into shape, round is a shape and it may be too small for him. I also don't have any more material.

Finally, as Tinka_bell knows so well, if there is a scam for a sewing machine I can find it. I found two scams yesterday, one was obvious the other she told me was the same one someone else here found. The global garage sale one.
I trusted my gut and knew that both were fishy. So it still is just something to keep researching and thinking about.

I also I like the Janome machines. Which is easier to learn and more functional, Janome or Brother?

I don't know how easy the Brothers are to learn, but I LOVE my Janome 9000. It is several years old and has a special card to be able to transfer designs from my pc to the machine, but I love it. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to upgrade to one with a usb connection

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me. There is a hospital three miles away, and if need be, I'll go to it. . . and the place I go to is very careful - if there is ANYTHING questionable about your health and such you have to go to the hospital - they won't put you or your baby at risk just because, but people don't understand that. I don't have issues with anyone that wants to go to a hospital - I just want to avoid it if I can. the c-section rate in Miami is over 70%!! And for women who are overweight, like I am, it is over 80% - I don't want a c-section to be the first choice just because I'm fluffy! Plus the head midwife wheer I go has delivered over 10,000 babies! That sound slike experience to me (have you ever seen house of babies - that is where I am going - http://www.miamimaternitycenter.net/). Anyhow, if the baby isn't in a good position or showing any signs of distress it can't be born there, same goes for me. I love the attention and time I am always given there at my appointments and wouldn't change my experience thus far for anything - but our mom's don't agree and my mom doesn't think I can make it without drugs - geeze mom, thanks for the vote of confidence! My grandmother had two of her four at home, and she is the only one that seems ok with it.

After I replied to you the first time I saw you were from Miami and almost pm'd you back to ask if that was the birthing center you were using. It looks awesome and funny thing is the doula we had for our first birth moved to Florida and I saw her on the show once.

Women give birth without pain medication all the time. My water broke 36 hours before my first was born (we lied to the hospital about what time it broke so I wouldn't get induced) and I did it without any medication at all. Fatigue was my biggest problem. My second labor was short (5 hours) so the pain was more intense, but still very bearable. You'll do perfectly fine and I think a drug free birth is one of the best gifts you can give your child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter