Disboutiquers Part 16 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Have you looked into renting points from a DVCer?? These DVC rooms would be great for your size family and you can really get a good deal renting points. Go hang out o the DVC rental boards for a while. Read some- see what people do and how they do it. READ ALL THE GUIDELINES and do some research. In general, people rent their points for $10.00/point. 5 days (arriving Sunday, leaving Friday- this would be the first 2 weeks in Dec.), in a 2 bedroom, at BCV during that time would be about 65 points- so it'd cost you $1700.00 for the stay at BCV. Now.... you don't get daily maid service, but you will get an awesome resort, in an awesome location with an awesome pool, an awesome full kitchen , living room, 2 bedrooms and a washer & dryer. Is that awsome enough for you???

This sooo wasn't meant for me but I must comment...WHY am I not doing this???? I need to start looking into this!!! We would only need a studio. If a 2 bedroom is $1700 for 5 days, a studio is probably cheaper than paying for a room at AKL!!!

This sooo wasn't meant for me but I must comment...WHY am I not doing this???? I need to start looking into this!!! We would only need a studio. If a 2 bedroom is $1700 for 5 days, a studio is probably cheaper than paying for a room at AKL!!!

A studio at BCV's during that time would be 65 points or $650.00- Problem is, DURING THE 2 weeks before Christmas and Christmas time- you really have to have things lined up ahead of time. Like 11 months ahead of time. But if you can arrange it, you 've got it made!

Awww man.... I spent all day hitting refresh on the old thread, got a hankering for ice cream and wham.... I missed it and now I am a page 5 kinda chick. LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So, now I am sitting here with chocolate sprinkles in my bra because the ice cream melted so fast.... but I am happy to be here. :) :)

Sure you can CASE it. I am a beginner to sewing, so I am flattered that someone would want to CASE me. Post picture though, I would LOVE to see it!

Miranda, with outfits like that you should no longer consider yourself a beginner!

Teresa's post on the last thread announcing the move! Check it out!!!

Going to check it out! Thanks1

Awww man.... I spent all day hitting refresh on the old thread, got a hankering for ice cream and wham.... I missed it and now I am a page 5 kinda chick. LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So, now I am sitting here with chocolate sprinkles in my bra because the ice cream melted so fast.... but I am happy to be here. :) :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That is CLASSIC! Where is the tag fairy when you need her?? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We are staying at POR for our second time when we go in Sept. I liked it the first time. It was peaceful, very laid back and cheaper then the BeachClub, which was where we stayed our first time. The only down I remember from that trip is that we were on the 2nd floor and dd2 was only 12 weeks old. There aren't elevators and I would have had a hard time going back to the room by myself with dd2. We had our huge carseat stroller combo with us.

So if any of your children are still in a stroller request the ground floor!

We were there in May and I recall riding the elevator when we got there and when we left with our luggage. THey are few and far between but our building had at least one. We usually stay off property but we enjoyed POFQ, quiet and laidback.

Marah...Soo sorry to hear that your trip was not as magical as it could have been. As a mom of a "special" little girl, we had a trip 2 years ago that was a disaster and even had to be cut short. I know how disappointing it can be & I hope that you are able to find some of the fun for from the trip & I pray that all of your children are okay and everyone returned safe and healthy.

A studio at BCV's during that time would be 65 points or $650.00- Problem is, DURING THE 2 weeks before Christmas and Christmas time- you really have to have things lined up ahead of time. Like 11 months ahead of time. But if you can arrange it, you 've got it made!

So at a less busy time of year it could be LESS than $650???? Oh I am so looking into this for our next trip!

I leave to the fabric store and you are already on page 5.

I have to go get my moving buddy, since we just went to the fabric store she is probably off planning outfits.

Sure you can CASE it. I am a beginner to sewing, so I am flattered that someone would want to CASE me. Post picture though, I would LOVE to see it!

LOVE the birthday dress!! I am CASEing your Mickey/Minnie halter twirl - thanks to your great instructions on the last thread! I have everything cut and will be sewing tomorrow!! Takes me twice as long, since I have two daughters - have to make two of everything!!

We were there in May and I recall riding the elevator when we got there and when we left with our luggage. THey are few and far between but our building had at least one. We usually stay off property but we enjoyed POFQ, quiet and laidback.
I think the FQ has elevators, but Riverside doesn't. Or I'm completely off my rocker.

Ok, I've been wondering for months.....what is the inside joke behind the tag fairy????

No inside joke...the Tag Fairy looks around at people's comments on the boards, find something you wrote that is hilarious or embarrassing and adds it under your name! See how some people (Karen included) have multi colored quotes under their username? The Tag Fairy puts those there!

What's a tag fairy? :confused3

A Tag fairy is the person who copies what you say (usually something funny or embarrassing and puts it under your user name. If you scroll through some posts and look at the words below people's name, you will see some phrases that were added by the tag fairy. If you haven't been tagged there is just the default DIS boards word based on your number of posts.

Wow - made it page 6. Better than the last couple of moves where I didn't make it until page 15 or 20 :rotfl:

Way off topic, but.... I know there are a number of nurses that hang out here... I'm thinking about making a career change and going to nursing school. Any thoughts, advice, tips, etc? I've been out of school too long, so there are 4 pre-reqs I'd need to (re)take before I can start and I wouldn't actually start school until Fall 2010. Please feel free to PM me if you have any advice to share.

Thanks!

Here's a fall dress for Lily. I haven't made her official first day of pre-school dress yet but I have the fabric all ready to go. It won't be anything fancy, but I think it will be cute. The pre-school asks that you take "first day of school" photos at the orientation day which is coming up in a couple of weeks.

IMG_0582_edited.jpg

IMG_0591_edited.jpg

IMG_0589_edited.jpg

Sorry about the giant photos. Photobucket shows them as having been resized so hopefully it will correct itself. UGH>

Very cute Jeanne! I love the fall colors! Which pattern did you use? Love how the tights match too!

I finished Taylor's Magic Kingdom birthday dress today. Once again HeatherSue is my hero (and Marah too). Thank you ladies for coming up with such cute birthday appliques! I don't know what I would do without you!

Of coarse Taylor was convinced today was her birthday when I wanted to try it on her. She was really excited about this one, so forgive me for too many pictures. I was trying to get a decent angle on all the appliques, and she was so happy about the dress. I think I snapped at least 100 pics in just a couple mins time.

I am hoping to finish 3 more outfits before we leave on the 15th.... plus some stuff for the adults.... I have way tooooo much to do and I have to be out of town all next week for work. Hopefully I can get another outfit done before I fly out on Monday.

Bday.jpg

bday3.jpg

bdayback.jpg

bdaynew2.jpg

This is her grinning sooooo big because she thought it was her bday today!
bdaysmile.jpg

And I have to post at least a few twirl pictures

]

Very cute! Love the dresses and Heathersue's designs are fantastic on it!

ok ladies, I have proof that I actually finished the Feliz; excuse DD's hair, she just got out of the pool, and would only pose if I promised her these were only the temporary shots LOL.

031-1.jpg

and, of course, the BR shot:
034-1.jpg

I used heidi grace fabrics from Joanns that are, conveniently, not on sale this week. DM, and I were able to split them with our coupons. And to show you I've completely lost my mind, I got fabric for another fall feliz and a Christmas Vida at HL today.

ETA: the hem is actually straight, but it doesn't look that way because her back is arched so much LOL. Also, I was surprised by how little bulk is inside the seams when I serged them. I know y'all who serge all the time already know that, but mines only a month and a half old, and I'm still amazed at how wonderful the inside looks. DD wore the dress to HL today (and pronounced it the best dress ever and won't stop twirling in it; she even gasped when she saw it this morning and jumped up and down, clapping.) and I'm ashamed to say, I showed one other sewer the inside of one of the side seams I was so proud. Sad, but true.

Great dress! I am way too scared to try that pattern!

Awww man.... I spent all day hitting refresh on the old thread, got a hankering for ice cream and wham.... I missed it and now I am a page 5 kinda chick. LOL

So, now I am sitting here with chocolate sprinkles in my bra because the ice cream melted so fast.... but I am happy to be here.

LOVE the birthday dress!! I am CASEing your Mickey/Minnie halter twirl - thanks to your great instructions on the last thread! I have everything cut and will be sewing tomorrow!! Takes me twice as long, since I have two daughters - have to make two of everything!!

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:
Here's a fall dress for Lily. I haven't made her official first day of pre-school dress yet but I have the fabric all ready to go. It won't be anything fancy, but I think it will be cute. The pre-school asks that you take "first day of school" photos at the orientation day which is coming up in a couple of weeks

IMG_0582_edited.jpg

IMG_0591_edited.jpg

IMG_0589_edited.jpg

Sorry about the giant photos. Photobucket shows them as having been resized so hopefully it will correct itself. UGH>

I finished Taylor's Magic Kingdom birthday dress today. Once again HeatherSue is my hero (and Marah too). Thank you ladies for coming up with such cute birthday appliques! I don't know what I would do without you!

Of coarse Taylor was convinced today was her birthday when I wanted to try it on her. She was really excited about this one, so forgive me for too many pictures. I was trying to get a decent angle on all the appliques, and she was so happy about the dress. I think I snapped at least 100 pics in just a couple mins time.

I am hoping to finish 3 more outfits before we leave on the 15th.... plus some stuff for the adults.... I have way tooooo much to do and I have to be out of town all next week for work. Hopefully I can get another outfit done before I fly out on Monday.

Bday.jpg

bday3.jpg

bdayback.jpg

bdaynew2.jpg

This is her grinning sooooo big because she thought it was her bday today!
bdaysmile.jpg

And I have to post at least a few twirl pictures

bdaytwirl.jpg

bdaytwirl2.jpg

ok ladies, I have proof that I actually finished the Feliz; excuse DD's hair, she just got out of the pool, and would only pose if I promised her these were only the temporary shots LOL.

031-1.jpg

and, of course, the BR shot:
034-1.jpg

I used heidi grace fabrics from Joanns that are, conveniently, not on sale this week. DM, and I were able to split them with our coupons. And to show you I've completely lost my mind, I got fabric for another fall feliz and a Christmas Vida at HL today.

ETA: the hem is actually straight, but it doesn't look that way because her back is arched so much LOL. Also, I was surprised by how little bulk is inside the seams when I serged them. I know y'all who serge all the time already know that, but mines only a month and a half old, and I'm still amazed at how wonderful the inside looks. DD wore the dress to HL today (and pronounced it the best dress ever and won't stop twirling in it; she even gasped when she saw it this morning and jumped up and down, clapping.) and I'm ashamed to say, I showed one other sewer the inside of one of the side seams I was so proud. Sad, but true.

So at a less busy time of year it could be LESS than $650???? Oh I am so looking into this for our next trip!

No- actually that's a low point VALUE tie (the first 2 weeks in December) and that's as low as the points are gonna go- but that's Really DANG GOOD for a deluxe resort- don'tcha think?

Ok, I've been wondering for months.....what is the inside joke behind the tag fairy????

What's a tag fairy? :confused3

No inside joke at all. There really is a tag fairy! Look under my user name .

<------------ over there.. to the left! See those little colorful sentences under my name? the tag fairy put them there! She thought they were funny, or interesting or..... something! :laughing: She'll do that every now and again when she's out looking over the threads on the boards.

So....... BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WRITE.... YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE TAG FAIRY WILL STRIKE! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter